All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
2-21-14 Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 111-0052, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.7
"Staying in November"
Note that there are limited elevators at the JR Asakusabashi station. Walking from here to this hostel might not be easy with luggages. The hostel's web site provides good direction how to get there from the JR station. The Narita airport trains will make a stop at this station if you arrive before 4pm. Otherwise, you have to transfer at Aoto station to Asakusabashi.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2014

"Good, cheap hostel but......"
Good, helpful, friendly staff. The location is very handy for the subway. However, if you want a good night's sleep look elsewhere. Some of the guests think this is 24-hour party land. Far too much noise right through the day and into the early hours in spite of the efforts of the staff.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014

"It was cheap."
It was cheap if you looking for cheap place you can go there. But in my bed curtain was dusty. Expect this every thing was okay.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
KR
"自助背包客很適合住"
晚上沒有門禁,12點後回旅館也可以洗澡,設備齊全,附近有超市能去買材料自己做,一個人自助旅行很適合,可以很少花費地在東京生活。
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
TW
"Very good hostel for backpackers!!"
This is a hostel with traditional Japanese design and decorations. The staff there speak english very well, so no problem in communication. Toilets, bathroom as well as bedroom are neat and tidy. Curtain is provided for creating your private zone. For the location, it is close to the mtr station(asakusabashi) and not far from the tourist spot like asakusa. It is convenient for sightseeing.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
4 night business trip Dec 12, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Anne Hostel Asakusabashi

"Decent hostel"
07/23/15 JOHN P Albany, New York
I stayed here for three nights in a private room with a traveling companion and was quite happy with the stay. I knew nothing about Asakushabashi, but it turns out that it is a pretty nice little town with great restaurants and is very convenient to both international airports, so its a great place to start or end a trip to Japan. The room was basic with a bunk bed and air conditioning, as were the facilities, but the staff was friendly and helpful.
"Just Terrific !!!"
07/12/15 Matteo P Rome, Italy
I've been travelling in so many hostels during the last few years..and i have to admit that this one here is the best one i ever found in all Europe and Asia..Receptionists were great, helpful with lots of tips of restaurants and places to visit. I'll be back when in Tokyo.. どうも有難う
"Great Start"
07/01/15 shmoe8 Huntington Beach, California
This was the first hostel I stayed at in Japan. The was extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great, and the other guests were even better. While traveling solo and it being my first time in Japan, I met tons of people here who were more than happy to take me around with them, making me feel right at home and welcome. The rooms are snug but its to be expected and the price is great. I would recommend to anyone traveling in Japan. Another plus side is it is located near both of the train/subway lines making it easily accessible anywhere.
"Good Intro to Japan"
06/14/15 Mark B Calgary, Canada
This was our first accommodation in Japan. We booked a private room for 3 and had futons on Tatami mats (which was great). Only issue is my sister and nephew found them hard but the second night were able to add a second futon to be more comfortable. The breakfast was very basic (hard boiled eggs and toast) but free and unlimited. Working online, we made sure we knew where we were going before we landed in Tokyo and had no problem finding the place. Its location was convenient - the first morning we walked to the Tokyo National Museum, giving us a great introduction to Japan. And it was only one transfer to get to the fish market. No wifi in the room but it was available in the common area.
"Perfect"
05/31/15 Jackson B
Stayed here over New Year and was a bit apprehensive at first. Need not have been as it was great! Service, appliances, free breakfast, location and price were all great. Highly recommended and will be back later this year.
"A little on the dry side, overall good hostel"
05/28/15 guidduarte Taubate, SP
Rooms are very tight (as usual in big cities of Japan), breakfast is good enough (toast, eggs and coffee/tea as much as you can take), location is pretty good, but I found the staff not very friendly, if helpful enough.
"Very accommodating hostel"
05/16/15 Seth B B Bishops Stortford
This hostel was my first to experience in Japan and lives up to the high standard set in this wonderful country. Rooms are small and beds are crammed in, but that is to be expected within the metropolis that is Tokyo. Eggs and toast breakfast is included in the price which is very reasonable and was the only hostel over a two week trip to offer this. Bathrooms were impeccably clean and there was plenty of info on Tokyo which meant that people (such as myself) who hadn't done much research, found it easy to navigate the tourist attractions. A solid choice in Tokyo!
"Moderately good stay"
05/15/15 nam_gypseagal Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
We stayed here for 3 nights when we arrived in Tokyo. This place is very well located, close to the Metro station and is near the main road. However, in terms of directions, do make sure to take a screenshot of your map when you arrive since we found it difficult to spot the "Chinese restaurant" at a corner in the night, having no access to Wi-Fi or a local SIM on our first night in Japan. The staff service is good, breakfast is a humble bread-jam-egg-coffee affair and the little common areas are very welcoming to hang out in. Though slightly more compact in terms of common areas like the staircase and lift, this hostel is a good option to stay for a couple of nights. They also have the usual facilities like rental for some commonly used products, internet on shared desktops, brochures about popular places/events and vending machines in the kitchen. Overall, a decent bet for a moderately comfortable hostel experience in this side of the city.
"Anne Hostel Tokyo May 2014"
05/14/15 Milka L
Loved it there! The staff was amazing and it was nice to have breakfast included even if it was just toast and boiled eggs. The staff also answered your questions and you could get info from there too. The location was nice, close to subway and yet it wasn't right next to all the noice so you can sleep in peace. The rooms were nice and clean. You have tour own locker where you can keep your money etc. Air conditioner in the room was good, especially during the summer when its really hot. In the lounge you can watch TV, eat or just hang out. There's also a vending machine where you can get sodas, ice teas and alcohols.
"Good location, staff could be better"
05/04/15 aoife_ob Dublin
Overall I liked this hostel - it was the first place I stayed in Japan. Before getting to Tokyo I was at a loss about where to stay. I booked 2 nights and then emailed them to extend it, with no problem. This location is ideal, near the subway and the JR (Japan Rail) station - another type of metro line. It's really easy to find the hostel, but check-in is not til 4pm, which was a bummer after a really long flight! found it easy to meet people in the common area, but there were also some big groups which was a bit intimidating. Breakfast was included, a real bonus in Japan! There were also lots of restaurants nearby. One of the downsides was that I asked a member of staff to call a hostel in Kyoto on my behalf, she refused and told me there is a payphone downstairs that I could use. When I said I don't speak Japanese, she said it's a hostel, so they probably speak English. I stayed at the sister hostel at the end of my trip, and really enjoyed that!