All hotels in Cape Charles, Virginia, United States of America
26406 Lankford Hwy, Cape Charles, VA, 23310, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice."
Very clean, economic, quite and close to Cape Charles and Bay Creek by car.
2 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2015
"Nice but could have been better"
The location itself was peaceful and nice and 10 min ride to cape charles or the state park, however there were a few amenities that were missing from the rooms that we booked. None of the rooms had a local telephone and required use of personal cell phone. Also the glasswares/cookwares and other supplies were not consistent in every room. If one had a can opener then the other did not etc. The air conditioner's power button in one of the room we booked was broken. The cleaning service was decent, while the bed was made and the towels were replaced and the bathroom cleaned, the floor was not cleaned/vacuumed during our stay. Both bathrooms had a distinct sewer smell by the sink which at times was overpowering (made my wife and my 4 yr old nauseated while brushing or hand washing). The front desk was great, helpful and friendly.Overall the stay was okay and I felt the rooms were slightly overpriced for what I got in return.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Nice hotel, large rooms"
We stay there a night to visit Cape Charles. It was about 10 mins from the beach and offered exactly what we needed, a spacious room and easy beach access. The in-room kitchen was a nice plus as well.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Jon
"Okay..."
Hotel was nice. Not a lot around which was fine. The room had a lot of flies and very few pillows. The room was very roomy but did not feel comfortable. There was no pictures or anything on the wall. Also there was no curtains which I didn't like.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Nice place to stay on eastern shore of VA"
We stayed in this place for two night while exploring eastern shore of VA. The rooms are big with 9 feet ceiling, queen beds and lot of space. Full sized kitchen with fridge, microwave and cooking range is provided along with basic silverware and utensils. Across the street there is place Stingrays which serve serves good breakfast / lunch and dinner. Only problem that I could find was lack of curtains on windows. Patio light is on all night and white blinds are not sufficient to block the light coming in. I owners/operators are reading this review, I would highly recommend them to put curtains or change blinds. I would highly recommend shore stay suites to anyone visiting this area. Don't forget sleeping masks :-)
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Abhijit
"comfortable experience"
With a full kitchen we could have used a bit nicer things to cook with and more dishes. Very sparse for the size of the kitchen....otherwise nice place to stay on our wat further south.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Pat and Merv
"Nice for a Short Getaway"
Only stayed for a night on the way home, but it would be great for a weekend getaway. Large, comfortable room with a full kitchen. No dining room or coffee shop, but Sting Ray's is close and very good.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Great find!"
Clean, quiet, convenient to all Cape Charles has to offer. However the amazing hospitality is what stood out most! Will definitely be back!
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Cape Charles Va"
It was comfortable , clean and the people were friendly. I would go back.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
Cynthia
"Nice room"
Big room , very clean , attentive staff
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Suzanne
"Good Price for Full Kitchen, BYO Pillow"
Great Price for a full kitchen! The few pots and Pans were worn, but we didn't use them so no big deal. Place settings for 4. Nice big coffee mugs. Beds were comfortable, pillows were quite thick. Thicker than most hotels.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Andrea
"One night stay"
Very pleasant experience.room was very spacious and very clean.I would love to come back during peak season
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
married
"Good clean room"
Good clean room with full sized fridge, cooker and microwave. Very convenient position on main road to Chesapeake Bridge/Tunnel, but no road noise in room. Convenience store in gas station about 1/2 mile towards the bridge. Front desk staff were very helpful.
Keno
"A little sparse - but a very pleasant view"
The rooms are a good size, the beds were comfortable, and it's nice having a full kitchen. On the other hand, the rooms are very spartan; only a dresser and the chairs that go with the dining table; no couch, no arm chairs, etc.., no toilet seat cover, very minimal space for toiletries in the bathroom, and the walls among the thinnest I've experienced. And about the only hotel i've been in since the mid 80's without ESPN. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"Nice, simple accomodations"
Only one hotel on Cape Charles; this on is 4-5 miles outside of town. Room was spacious and clean. Hotel staff was friendly; allowed us to check in early. Amenities were good; Free wifi. Suggestions: Please add some hangers to closet; ensure there is more than 1 packet of coffee per day. ** WE PLAN TO RETURN, **
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Very clean room makes up for no breakfast"
It was just OK. AC/heating unit was very noisy and cycled all night. No nearby place to eat after 8PM in the evening. Room and Bathroom Very clean.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Room was adequate, but a bit expensive. The maid never cleaned our room and nwe had to go to the office to get essentials. Nice location if you have to be in the area.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
"Not a bad hotel for the price."
The room was huge, full kitchen and lots of space. Not much in the surrounding area. Inside of rooms are a little dated. Bed was super comfy. Would recommend bringing your own towels because the ones provided feel like sand paper. Pet friendly and quiet remote location. Overall not a bad hotel.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
I was surprised when I got to the hotel that there was a non-refundable $50 cash only charge for my dog to stay overnight. That was unexpected and not what was listed on line - however we had no choice at that point. Also the room did not have a hair dryer. However, the beds were comfortable and the room had a nice chair outside which made it pleasant to watch the sunset.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Shore Stay Suites"
Overall the experience was very good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The Rooms are large and well equipped.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Extremely clean"
I was concerned about booking at The Shore Stay a Suites because it only had 2 and a half stars. We were very impressed, however, with how clean it was and with the kitchen area. We would stay here again
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Ann
"Great Room for Overnight Stay"
I was in Portsmouth for a couple of concerts and decided to drive out to Cape Charles for my stay so I could play a round of golf at Bay Creek in the morning. The hotel manager was very accommodating by allowing me a late check in. The room was super clean and very comfortable. Although I did not get a chance to cook, having a stove and refrigerator in the room was a nice addition. If you are looking for a place to stay in Cape Charles definitely consider Shore Stay Suites. The only downside I came across during my stay was no ESPN included in the available channels, but it wasn't a big deal since I was there just to sleep.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"Nice place but definitely could have been better"
The room was a nice size and it was great having a small kitchen so that I didn't have to go out to find someplace to eat for breakfast. The bed was comfortable. But, the room had a strong musty odor. Even opening a window didn't help and then I couldn't get the window closed and locked. Then I noticed none of the windows were locked and since I was located on the first floor I didn't feel very secure. A contributing factor to the smell could have been the carpet. It should have been replaced a long time ago. It was filthy, to the point that walking barefoot in the room the first night left the bottoms of my feet black. The tile in the kitchen and bathroom didn't feel clean either so for the most part I wore my shoes. I took my shoes off before I changed to go to bed and kept a washcloth on the bedside table to wipe my feet off before I got into bed. I don't know the conditions of the other rooms but I won't be staying at this place again.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Jean
"Stop-over"
This was a stop-over on a trip heading further south. Hotel was in good condition, very clean, staff was friendly. Not much in the line of amenities (no pool, etc), but it suited our purpose quite well.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Skip
"Only place to stay"
Nice place, priced way high for the facility. The rooms are fine, nothing spectacular, TV choices could use some updating.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Close to town"
The place is located in a very quiet part of town. Which is great for getting good night sleep. There are not that many restaurants or shopping nearby (you must drive 15 minutes) but overall it was great. I think the peacock in might be better value except there are no kitchens in their rooms.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Nice Place to Stay"
We stayed overnight for a wedding. The hotel fit the bill nicely.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Nora
"Hard to rate!"
We were moderately overall with the Shore Stay Suites. We found the staff very friendly but the young lady who checked us in seemed to insist that we settle our bill before we'd even seen our room. No phone in the room although our friends found a phone and small radio alarm in the dresser. We checked our dressers on the last morning and found a small alarm/radio but no phone. We also found change, receipts (presumably from the last guests) in one drawer. In another drawer we found their biil -- name, address, other information. Indicative that when they clean rooms they do not necessarily check drawers. We saw and were disappointed to find out that the last guests paid far less than we did for our rooms. No bath mat left (after we left a generous tip in the envelope THEY provide in the room) A warning: We had to be very intentional at pulling the door or slamming the door (once inside) to be certain it was closed and locked. Apparently some of the staff are not aware of this. After a long day on the town, we returned to an visited room but unlocked room door! Anyone could have gone in and done/taken what they wanted ... and with plenty of time to do so! We reported it the next morning to the staff and they seemed quite nonchalant about it. Decent place to do an overnight but for far less one could go elsewhere.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Good for overnight stay."
Great for an overnight stay. Conveniently located near the Bay Bridge tunnel and Cape Charles. Clean, huge rooms. Kitchen but no pots, pans, plates, etc. So not functional for a multi-night stay.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
"Comfortable overnight stay near Cape Charles"
Good location on the highway along eastern Virginia. Rooms are large and clean with full kitchen facilities. Bathroom was most modern part of our room, great after a day on the road.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Stefan
"Great place"
Great place to stay for a day or two. Price was reasonable, room was large and very clean. Bathroom was very clean. The kitchen area was well equipped with large refrigerator, large microwave and enough dishes, pans and utensils. I stayed here before my spouse has dietary issues and she was able to prepare her own meals. I didn't get to check around the area but it didn't seem to have much around except small restaurants. On a scale of 1 to 5 I would give it a 4.5 and would highly recommend it!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
'The staff was very accommodating and friendly.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
Room was pleasant-a little dated but clean and roomy. Very accomodating and friendly manager. Location close to Cape Charles.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
Sandy
"Beautiful, very rural setting"
I liked this little motel for a stop-over on the VES. Bring a dark blanket to put up over the blinds if you are light-sensitive when you sleep because the property is very well lit outside as it should be. There are no drapes. Also, don't take a downstairs room if you have a choice as the flooring is thin and noisy. This is a very spacious hotel room with a galley kitchen and full-sized appliances (which we didn't use on our stay). The carpet is old and stained but overall I felt the room was adequately clean. Beds comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Sandra
"No one was at the office to check us in......"
The confirmation stated that the office was staffed from 8am to 8pm. My wife and I arrived at 755pm and the office was closed and a note on the door listed a phone number to call for assistance. This number was a reservations center for the motel chain and two separate employees were unable to contact anyone locally to check us into the hotel. After 45 minutes of frustration and no tangible assistance from these folks, we gave up and found lodging elsewhere. We've never had a desk clerk be a "no-show" before. Very disappointing. By the way, we have no idea of the cleanliness of the rooms or friendliness of the staff so we assumed the worst and marked them down accordingly.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Leftoutinthcold
"Close to family"
I did not have any hot water during my 3 day stay. It seems the water heater had stop working. I was unable to take hot baths for the 3 night stay, They need to do better maintenance. It shouldn't take 3 days or more to get a water heater repair.
3 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Nina Elick
"NOT pet-Friendly"
We booked here because our search for pet-friendly hotels in Cape Charles led us to the Shore Stay. It gives the rates for the rooms on the website, but says nothing of extra charges for a pet, just that us is pet-friendly. When we arrived to check in, we were told there was a NON-REFUNDABLE $50 fee for ur dog, and they would prefer it on cash! If it wasn't going to be such a hassle to cancel, we would have and gone up to the Hampton Inn near Exmore, where there is no extra fee!
1 night trip Feb 9, 2014
Nicki & Paul Tiffany
"Not"
Close to beach. That's the only good thing I can say about my stay.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
sheryl
"Good family option near Sting Rays"
Spacious, functional, and less expensive than chi chi places in Cape Charles. Friendly, attentive staff. Very large room with good kitchen space for in room meal prep.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Convenient Hotel"
The hotel was accomadating for the time that we needed it for. The rooms were clean, roomy and comfortable. We were surprised to see that there was an envelope for tips already on the dresser for the cleaning person(which we didn't see during our visit). I was very disappointed with the Laundry Room. There was only 1 washer and 1 dryer for all the quest to use and the dryer didn't work to well. There also was no coin machine for change to use the facility. Had to go down the road to get change. If asked if we would stay again, I would say yes, but we will be prepared with what we need. I really did appreciate the full size kitchen, saves money on eating out.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Sylvia
"Hunt for Peregrines"
We went to Cape Charles to see the peregrine falcon migration and took a chance on Shore Stay Suites from what we saw online and our experience was wonderful. The room was extremely clean and had full kitchen. The site managers (Alice and Katie) were very warm and friendly as well as knowledgeable about the area. Great stay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"ok for the area!"
It was ok for a couple days. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Mimi
"Good for your group fun"
the nice is that the room includes a full kitchen,
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"A definate hotel I recommend!"
We stayed one night on our way to the Outer Banks. We were very pleased with our accommodations. Large room with a great kitchen(full size fridge, stove and microwave) beds were very comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Duane
"As if it were a B&B"
My wife and I stayed overnight here for our anniversary. We enjoyed the amenities and the staff made it seem like a ned and breakfast. The beauty of the eastern shore surrounds the rooms and even though it is close to 13, it is quiet and relaxing.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"very clean, friendly and close to everything."
Everything I needed. Full size refrigerator, stove and microwave. Over size comfortable bed and parking for my boat at no extra charge.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Danny
"First trip to Cape Charles,but not the last"
We were very pleased with our stay.The staff treated us like family.Highly recomended!!!! The Cape Charles area has made a large impression on us.We will stay at Shore Stay Suites again & again.Thank you Alice & Tracy for a great visit.Looking forward to our next trip,and to" Kellys".
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Shore stay was larger than I thought and room has cooking material but price is really good. And very closer from crabbing place.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
Hee
"Fishing trip."
Nice clean room could use some window cover to keep the light out. Pillows a little small. Overall a great clean room with plenty of room. Nice flat screen tv and nice kitchen.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Ransom
"Rude Management"
We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Since this was our annual get together we were busy socializing. Apparently we were being noisy. This was Sat night stay. First of all we were not informed of this fact (no complains conveyed). SO we were totally unaware. Once informed we did quiet down. But the we were treated was unacceptable. In fact my spouse was hold be be quiet by the owner in a very condescending way (the management put his hand on his mouth and hushed by wife to be quiet). She could not at all because she felt abused). You do not treat your guest that way it is totally unprofessional and rude. To make the matter more unpleasant was the fact that on the 1st floor one group of people were sitting outside on the porch talking well past 11 pm. So they are allowed to talk outside late into the night?
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013