All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
1008 Monterey Drive, Aiken, SC, 29803, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"One night in Aiken"
The room was nice however I paid for a suite and was put into the incorrect room. The issue wasn't discovered until the next morning as I initially assumed that was their version of a "suite". I was not offered a refund or even an apology. However, the room I was given was clean and did the job so I can't complain there.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great Quite Hotel"
Front desk clerck ( Anne Marie) was so nice and helpful to a tired traveler with two toddlers in tow. Clean room, lots of little touches that made it a place worth using again for an unexpected hotel stay. Clean pool area. Breakfast is a little sparce but lots of places close by if you intrested in something heavier. Great stocked little shop with drinks, snacks etc for those forgetful or if you have late night munchies.
Other trip May 25, 2015
crystal
"Hotel With The Mostest"
A laid-back, easy stay. Fast check-in by very friendly employee. All staff speak to you in hallways and common areas, a professional yet casual atmosphere. Room was very clean and comfortable. Outdoor grilling area was a great place to interact with other guests. Swimming pool was small but adequate--too cold in February to try it out. The wide variety of food available 24/7 makes it possible to prepare a late night meal in your own room. Beats vending machines any day!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
JohnnyPaul
"Excellent!"
Clean! Clean! Clean! Room was fully stocked, and the staff was most gracious.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Very close to everything and very clean. I recommend this place highly.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
10 night trip for 2 equestrian competitions and training. The room was great, the kitchenette allowed me to save a lot of money on food. The best part was the green laundry machines. I was able to wash all my clothes the night before my flight home, which was a great luxury! Will be back again soon!
10 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
Kathryn
"Thanksgiving Trip"
Great! Comfortable and safe. Nicely appointed. The only complaint is, we received a notice that there would not be housekeeping services on Thanksgiving-perfectly understandable! The thing is, they didn't clean the room on Wednesday, despite the fact when I left the room for the day it appeared we were the next room to be cleaned.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Joan
"good for vacation, maybe not business"
this is a new hotel so everything was fresh, the neighbors in the hall were really noisy as they past our door every morning, not sure if this was because of poor noise insulation or extra loud people. the free breakfast left a lot to be desired, better to plan on eating out unless you want toast and cereal. a mysterious brown stain, like garbage juice, appeared at our door by the time we returned on the second night and it never was cleaned up while we were there.
5 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Ben
"sew sweet retreat"
Visited extended family and enjoyed a suite sewing retreat. Other family were just one room away. Staff addressed EVERY need quickly.
6 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"Very warm and friendly!"
Loved this hotel. Had very spacious suites and nice clean rooms. Loved that they are pet friendly too! Beautiful surroundings. Had the BEST breakfast we have ever had at hotel's. We decided to stay an extra night. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"refreshing stay"
Had a great stay and the staff was really accommodating.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2014
Henry
"♥♥♥♥♥"
Absolutely loved it!
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"NIce new Hotel"
Everything was great, but no breakfast. Its kind of a Microtel on Steroids. If you staying several nights it would be perfect because of the Kitchen Accommodations.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
MLJ
"Nice hotel for business or traveling stay"
I am not sure there is anything interesting nearby this hotel location. We were at this hotel for 1 night because we need a good place to sleep during our road traveling. For the price, this is a great place to take a rest after long driving. Nothing to complain about. They even offer a kitchen in your room, which is equipped with cooking wares, bowls, plates, knives, and also hot plates for cooking.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Hiep Nguyen
"Great hotel, up to date, clean"
Great hotel, only complaint is the skimpy breakfast... we skipped out and opted for nearby wafflehouse..... everything else about the property is amazing! Not too far from Augusta.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Very clean and friendly staff"
Great staff and clean accommodations
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Janet
"Very nice and clean hotel."
Overall very nice and clean hotel. Appears to be in like new condition. Hotel staff very nice. Very close and convenient.
"outstanding"
Excellent accommodation s
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
"Awesome Place!"
With the due date of my first grandchild fast approaching I decided to take my pregnant daughter and her husband and his son to swim in the pool and celebrate his 34 birthday . After a long search for a place in Aiken near the hospital ( just in case ) we choose this one because of it semi private location. It was an awesome DonniePalozza 2014! The room the staff the whole experience was my greatest idea ever. Spend your next Birthday or even just the night with them I promise you will not be sorry.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Lam24
"Great for scale of hotel"
Nothing to note beyond expectation.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Nice hotel."
New hotel. Pleasant staff. Great little workout room with new equipment.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
MJ
"love it!!!!""
It was like walking into your own home. The bed felt like feather it was so soft. I didn't know it was pet friendly,bit the stay was so comfortable I forgot all about the pets.
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
Kiree
Had a Great time!! Love the accommodations. Unfortunately for me I went the week of the snow storm. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. They helped me clean off my rental car that was covered in snow and ice.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
Alliseen
"Great Quiet Hotel for Work"
Very Nice place to stay for business
2 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Asked for bedding to be changed when I left my room. I camed back hours later and it wasn't. Also the heating in the room wasn't working properly. Wouldn't get hot!!!
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Room was exceptional, staff was friendly and convient location
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
"Very nice Marriot Concept Property"
I'll look for these at every opportunity
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
Dex
"This is one of my favorite places to stay in Aiken"
kitchen, gym, modern. love this place. the breakfast is definitely lack luster
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Nicole
"Clean, friendly staff, and nice location"
Nice staff, clean rooms, good location. Best hotel in Aiken, SC at this point in time.
4 night trip Jan 14, 2014
"Felt at Home"
Nice and relaxing atmosphere. I do not plan on staying anywhere else! The only improvement that I would suggest is to offer a Hot breakfast.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2014
"Perfect horse show hotel"
My daughter and I have stayed here many times and every time had the same wonderful experience. Of course I'd recommend this hotel again!
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Hollis
"nice"
Great. Will be back.
4 night business trip Jan 1, 2014
"very nice place to stay. has everything you need"
gym, full kitchen, nice modern facilities. perfect. the only thing I can criticize is the bare bones breakfast. very limited selection of shelf stable foods.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Nicole
"Great place to stay!"
I visited my family in South Carolina for 6 days and stayed at the Towneplace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road, and I'm so glad I did! The hotel was clean and my room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was awesome, as was the laundry facility and 24 hour coffee service. The full size kitchen in the room was definitely an added bonus. Each morning I would wake up early, go to the lobby for coffee (to not disturb the others in my room) and was greeted by name by the friendly desk clerk. I would recommend this hotel for your next trip to SC, they will not let you down!
6 night family trip Dec 12, 2013
Kathy V
Very Nice although breakfast had a limited selection.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2013
"great place to stay"
this was a great place to stay-brand new and spotless. best of all the staff was the friendliest i have ever encountered.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Thanksgiving In Aiken, SC with my 91 years old Mom"
The staff was excellent also very nice and clean.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2013
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2014
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Lovely new hotel in Aiken!"
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
Theresa
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Other trip Oct 27, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for TownePlace Suites Aiken Whiskey Road

"Great experience "
08/24/15 kismetigs Winnabow, North Carolina
I stayed in this hotel for two nights during a soccer tournament. The room was clean and comfortable. I loved the kitchenette! Soundproofing was good between rooms but the hall noise did come through. I did not downgrade the rating for it though, with a hotel full of teens and kids a little noise is to be expected. I felt the value was excellent and I would not hesitate to return!
"Oh No!"
08/12/15 UncleKeith Aiken, South Carolina
Our 2nd stay since last November brings negative news. Two days into a booked five night visit we've had housekeeping problems. After night one we found the cleaning of the room to be sub-par. After night two we had to ask for towels and wash cloths as NONE were left in the room after cleaning. Breakfast runs from 6 to 9 but many items may be gone after the first hour or so so only expect to have what's advertised available for your consumption if you are an early riser. Net/net, not a Marriott property that will find us in residence again. Also, not all room are large so be specific about what you are going to get if you have to use this hotel.
"Excellence "
08/10/15 Teressa Y
I was visiting Aiken for a week from 8/2-8/9. I found the hotel to be very clean and staff very helpful. If I needed anything they were right up to assist. The ladies serving breakfast were very nice and attentive. My suite room was very nice and roomy. Housekeeping kept my bed made and dishes washed, vacuum, and replenished anything that needed replenishing. I would recommend this hotel to the Queen of England because I was treated like the Queen. The location is right on close to all shopping and dining needs. The hotel is pet friendly. Guest with pets kept them away from the food area during breakfast. Excellent stay.
"Great location to walk to stores"
08/05/15 Stacey S Aiken, South Carolina
The rooms are a great size and quiet. Some of the guests that were here for 2 days were from MS; traveling jr. baseball players. Never heard any of them in my room (4th floor) until I went downstairs. The staff are very professional and courteous. In 14 minutes I can walk to the mall or to Academy Sports, TJMaxx, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Kay Jewelers, Ross, etc. Across the street is CVS, O`Charley`s Rest., Firehouse Subs, etc. Across the main road is Walmart.
"Horrible Customer Service, Unfriendly Staff, Less than Honest General Manager"
07/16/15 trekkie0805 Augusta, Georgia
I received orders to Fort Gordon and had to find a hotel very fast for my wife and stepson since our household goods wouldn't be delivered until August 8th. I chose this hotel because I have been a loyal Marriott customer for nearly 20 years having stayed in Marriott hotels in 10 states, Canada, and the US Virgin Islands. During many of those stays, I brought my service animal with me and had no problem whatsoever. The one and only time, before this stay, that I had a customer service issue, Marriott was quick to resolve the issue in their classic style of providing good customer service. That all changed with our stay here. First, from the moment we checked in, the hotel staff did not know the proper law about service animals. They originally tried to charge us a fee but after explaining what the law was, the fee was not charged. Subsequent to check in, I had taken Rudy down to the lobby, pool, and breakfast area without incident. When my wife took him through the area just to pick up food, the hotel staff literally surrounded her and made a major scene, embarrassing her, and making her remove Rudy from the area. As the hotel did not know whose service animal Rudy was, this was entirely inappropriate on their part but technically correct as Rudy is my service animal and my wife just taking him out to relieve himself. After this incident, every time my wife walked Rudy through the non-food areas (the same areas all pets are allowed to be in) Harmony at the hotel would follow behind her spraying disinfectant and air freshener. When my wife asked why this was being done, she said it was because she had to any time my wife walked through with Rudy. Despite complaining to Corporate who said this would be resolved, it occurred again two more times. When I spoke to Marriott's corporate office, I did not detect much sympathy on the part of the corporate officer. While she did apologize and say she would speak to the hotel's general manager, she argued against virtually every statement I made. In addition to the service animal hostility, when we first checked in, despite requesting a high room, we were put in room 223. That room had a roach (and it is a roach according to an exterminator) run across the counter while making food. When my wife complained to the front desk, she was told, "This is South Carolina, what do you expect?" They offered to change rooms which we did to 201. In both 223 and 201, our keys would literally demagnitize from the time we entered the staircase to our room and the key was never near a cell phone or any other electronic device. Multiple times per day we had to go get new keys. When were in 201, our bathroom door would not close. We called the front desk and the maintenance person removed the latch and said that would be good enough. Additionally, a family with 2 dogs checked in above us. From 530am until 230am they would let their dogs run a muck making all kinds of banging noises into our room and their dogs would bark constantly. When we asked the front desk clerk if she could politely ask them to control their dogs, she offered for us to move to a high floor. Ultimately we moved to room 401. Not too long after being moved to room 401, I was awaiting delivery of a package. It said it was delivered on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday evening we had not received word that our package was delivered. With my iPad in hand, I walked downstairs to the front desk and once again spoke to Harmony. She looked around and said "there is no package here." When I showed her the confirmation from my iPad, she grabbed a binder book and slammed it down and said see there is nothing here so it didn't come. She then put the book away and walked away. It turns out the package was delivered when it said but nobody checked the mail. With all of these issues going on, I spoke to the general manager. She and I had a very cordial conversation but unfortunately she lied through most of it. While at the pool, a guest from whom I did not solicit any contact, walked up to me and began telling me about what happened with my wife in the breakfast area when she walked Rudy through. This guest said in very specific detail that she saw the employees corner my wife and act very aggressive and rudely to her. The general manager said that this did not happen and in fact she tried very hard to help my wife. The general manager also said that nobody sanitized or freshened the air behind my wife but as it turns out Harmony is the general manager's niece. Nepotism would seem to be a very good reason to misrepresent what occurred. After I learned from the innocent bystander guest, I contacted Marriott corporate. The corporate customer care office listened to my complaints and then told me that the hotel "had the right" according to "Marriott policy" to handle complaints with guests who were still staying in the hotel. Considering the rude and downright offensive behavior exhibited by the general manager and Harmony, I did not want to talk to them. Furthermore, I am a Marriott customer not a customer of the hotel employees at this particular hotel. Consequently, I escalated the matter to the executive office of Marriott, Inc. When I spoke to the executive corporate officer, she did apologize and we did have a cordial conversation, however, on several occasions she told me I was wrong and said there was basically nothing she could do. I asked her to do 2 things: 1.) speak to the regional manager and/or franchise owner of this hotel and explain to them what kind of customer service is happening and educate the staff on service animal protections; and, 2.) place us in a comparable room with a comparable rate. She agreed to speak to the regional management but could not place me in another room because all of the rooms in the area were sold out thanks to a Peace Jam (college sports) that was in town. When I told her that I was very upset at the conduct of the employees she said, "I am not there so I can't say what happened." As I am a paying customer who would not lie, this kind of response was very frustrating. I explained that a guest came to me unsolicited to explain the situation as it happened. She asked me for the guest's name and number so I got it and then she said she couldn't talk to the guest because it would violate that guest's privacy. As I sit here writing this review, she said she was going to have the camera footage reviewed of the package incident to see if it happened the way I said and would get back to me. If I can amend my review based on her findings, I will, but nevertheless I know what happened that day and it was unacceptable. We have moved to a competitor's hotel and when we told the owner of our plight at the Towneplace Suites, he went out of his way to learn about Rudy, show nothing but friendliness, and said he would make certain our stay here was nothing but excellent. After 4 nights here, he has kept his word. I hope for your sake that if you stay at this hotel you do not experience the hostility, negativity, and horrible customer service that this hotel's staff, management, and Marriott corporate affairs showed in this incident. If you have the option to stay anywhere else, you should do so.
"Horrible. Unfriendly to service animals"
07/14/15 Patty M
This hotel experience had been the worst I've ever had. Take your pick of negative things that happened. 1. The keys constantly demagnatizing between the time it takes to enter one door and ride the elevator to get to your room. Literally needing new keys several times a day is unacceptable. 2.The German cockroach crawling across the counter as I was making lunch for my kids. Then the hotel office manager, the head house keeper, and a maid told me when I showed them the roach "It's South Carolina, What do you expect?" They did call an exterminator and move our rooms after I told them that was unacceptable. When the exterminator was there I talked to him about it and he verified that it was indeed a German Cockroach with a fully formed egg sack ready to hatch. See picture. However the property manager later denied that after we continued to have difficulties and called a corporate customer relations manager. 3)The new room's bathroom door would not close. The maintenance guy that came to fix it meerly removed the latch plate and called it good. 4. Most of the "pet friendly" hotel staff are terrified of dogs, which happens to include our service animal. 5. We had multiple packages delivered while we were there that were delayed from 1 - 3 days. We would get delivery confirmation that it was here but the staff would say it wasn't here. The worst was when the front desk person was very rude and slammed the log book down on the counter and told my husband that it wasn't here or it would be in the book. Then promptly walked away from the desk to the backroom, leaving my husband there with unanswered questions. I was told the same thing the next day. Then the 3rd day(Monday) when the nice front desk person was there, she called us to say we had a package. She found it sitting in their mailbox. It had been in the mailbox for 3 whole days. 6. We have a service animal. We notified them when we checked in and he was visible for the entire time. Then after a week and a half of our stay, I had taken him out to go to the bathroom ( I didn't take the time to put his service vest on to go pee) and then went thru the lobby to get breakfast for my family. I was told I could not have him in the breakfast area and I had to leave. I told her he was a service animal multiple times to no avail. So I went to the room and got his vest. And I was still turned away by the front desk lady as well as the property manager. The first person was at least polite, but the other two were rude and nasty. I showed them a card that lists the laws regarding service animals, and I was told they didn't care about the card or what it said. I then asked how I was to get breakfast from the public area, are they going to fix the breakfast for me? The property manager then told me the breakfast server would make my breakfast, but I was under no circumstances to take my service dog into the breakfast area. I told the property manager that I wanted everyone's names because I was going to call the corporate office. She said fine she would even call for me. I sat in the lobby while she went to the back to call. After about 5 minutes she came back and said that I could take my service dog into the breakfast area. I told her I was still calling the corporate office to complain since they had denied my service animal entrance to a public place. She then bald face lied and told me they didn't deny him, they had tried to accommodate him. 7. While I was waiting for the breakfast, some maids walked by. One of them being so afraid of dogs that she didn't want to clean my room. She saw our service dog I had on leash and sneered, then turned to the other maids and said that she "hated my dog and wanted us to leave" other guests have told me that they overheard similar comments. 8. In the same conversation I had when the property manager got off the phone with corporate, I mentioned that I thought we needed a different maid to clean our room because she is afraid of dogs and what I had just overheard. She asked me to describe the maid. I told her I didn't know her name. Again. She asked me to describe her. So I said I didn't know, it was some black lady was all I remembered. Because of me saying "some black lady" she implied to my husband when he also called to complain that I was racist. That highly offended me as I have several God children of multiple colors, as well as many children of different colors that might as well be my children. So much so that I introduce them as my children to everyone. 9. The corporate office is not helpful at all in resolving this matter, but I think it's because the property manager is not telling them the truth about her actions or the front desk lady's actions. That I'd probably because they are related. The front desk lady is the property manager's niece. Two other guests came up to me to discuss what they had seen that morning when they turned our service animal away and how wrong they were. Not to mention how rude they were. The corporate manager has been informed that there were witnesses that were willing to discuss the incident with whomever it was needed to make sure that doesn't happen again. 10. This morning I took my service dog out to relieve himself. As I was walking him back in, I grabbed an apple and walked to the elevator. As I was waiting, the same rude front desk lady that turned us away the day before, walked by spraying disinfectant everywhere we had walked- from the front door to the apples to the desk. She gave me a true look of contempt as she was doing it. I went up to her and asked her point blank if she was doing that because of my service dog and I. She told me yes, they had to do this to disinfectant the any area that he goes. All the while looking at me with contempt. I walked away humiliated, violated, and upset. When I asked the property manager about that a couple hours later. I was told that they are instructed to do that anytime there are unpleasant odors that need to be gotten rid of. I told her that the lady had point blank told me it was because of us. She again bald faced lied and said that she hadn't said that. So I asked the manager if it was me or my service animal that smelled? This was extremely hurtful and rude, and these people just don't care. 11. The corporate customer service agent was not very helpful at all. She basically implied that there was nothing wrong with the actions by her employees. And there has been zero effort to correct the multitude of customer service, cleanliness issues, not to mention illegal actions taken by barring our service animal even after they were informed. We are leaving this hotel. We were set to be here another month, but I will not pay money to be abused, lied to, horrible customer service, not to mention roach infested hotel. (I was not the only one with the roach problem)
"Excellent staff; clean property!!"
07/09/15 kkelly1234 Clermont, Florida
We really enjoyed our quick stop here on the way home to Orlando from the Smokies. The breakfast staff on July 4 was super friendly, accommodating us very happily and the rooms are fantastic with kitchens and pullout couches. I will definitely be looking up the TownePlace Suites in the future with my trip planning for my family.!!
"Great condition, excellent staff"
07/05/15 James S Germantown, Tennessee
Stayed at hotel for a night. Nice, new property with efficient staff. Very clean and well maintained. Easy in and out location and convenient to downtown Aiken and surrounding golf. Ample food and shopping options nearby, plus walking / running track.
"Excellent!"
06/29/15 SHANNON S Phoenix, Arizona
Had to get a hotel on very short notice and this place was wonderful! The room was very spacious and very clean. The breakfast was more than enough, and the guest laundry was the icing on the cake, just what I needed! I have already booked my next trip back!
"Good visit"
05/13/15 Barbarajenkins Braselton, Georgia
Very nice, clean and run by friendly team members. Everyone acknowledged us as if we were family. Great recommendations for what to see and do in Aiken South Carolina. We recommend this hotel to others.