All hotels in Malaga, Spain
You can collect® Rewards nights here
Jinetes 13, Malaga, Malaga, 29012, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"Nice, clean and great location"
Easy to acces from the airport. Great location (5min walk to centre). Very cosy and clean.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014

The following reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"Ikke et hotel"
Dette er ikke et hotel, det er en lejlighed, Der er ingen service overhovedet. Vi måtte selv bede om rene hånklæder. Der var en ung mand der vaskede trappen op, han talte kun spansk. Vi havde booket 2 lejligheder og fik det i 2 ejendomme et godt stykke fra hinanden. Vores lejlighed på 3 sal var uden elevator og man skulle ned og låse fordøren op, når vi fik besøg.
7 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
En nedtur i forhold til bestilling og forventninger. Det var oppgitt at leiligheten var 4-stjerners. En total misforståelse. Den bør overhodet ikke markedsføres som mer enn 1, i høyden 2-stjerners. Bad og toalett var knøttsmå, kran på vask var løs og i uorden, toalettsete i stykker, og dusj komplisert å håndtere. Vi hadde bestilt balkong, men den var dårlig tilgjengelig (via en vindeltrapp), og lite privat. På den positive siden må nevnes kjøkkenet som var godt utstyrt. Men ingen resepsjon, og intet renhold mens vi bodde der i 11 dager. Bildene som viser leiligheten gir et forvrengt og direkte galt inntrykk av den.
11 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Olav Johannes
"Ren og fin leilighet til en rimelig pris"
Ren leilighet, med alle fasiliteter som var lovet. God service (ingen resepsjon, men man kan nå personale på telefon hvis nødvendig). Ca. 10 minutter å gå til sentrum.
3 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Apartamentos Dona Elvira

"Very nice top floor apartment - Dona Elvira has more location in same area"
11/17/15 Elin1363 Hovik, Norway
Good location a little uphill from Plaza la Merced. Apartment in Calle Pena 25 on 2 level with steep and narrow vinding stairs. Nice terrace, good apartment with 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom. Washing mascine , but no dish washer. 4th floor , no lift.
"Not ideal if you want somewhere quite"
12/06/14 C A Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
I regret no looking at more reviews before I booked this apartment. If I'd had realised that it was noisy I would not have booked. As I write this review I am currently sitting in the apartment, Room01 on the ground floor, I can hear the child in the apartment above running about and screeching. Last night we could hear the whole family talking (very loudly), crashing and banging about until 1am! This doesn't bode will went we have a marathon to run on Sunday and we need our rest! I'd also like to point out that Room 01 is right next to the main entrance - so you can imagine the noise when people enter and exit the building. Also, the wifi is intermittent, the TV has a mind of its own as in the volume turns up to max without a iPhone touching the controls, hardly any hot water and the fridge freezer sounds like a cow mooing (don't worry you can laugh at that comment) On a positive the apartment is clean and bright and the lady who greeted us was pleasant though had little knowledge of English. If you're thinking of booking this apartment I'd suggest looking elsewhere if want somewhere quiet! I shall be expressing my thoughts to and the management of the apartment as this has truly spoilt our visit to Malaga.
"Terrible place!"
11/23/14 Johan A
Im so unsatisfied with this place, first of all the few people that works there. if you even get to se them, even at the check in point, are very rude and all annoyed up. When i first got there there was no one there. The room-aparment where very dirty, the sofas where full of diferent stains and the bathroom where quite oxidated. The walls are so thin that you really hear every little sound the neighbours make. If you're sensitive to noice and dont want to wake upp several times at night, it's not a place to recommend, overrule the apartment is very poor in natural light, its very dark since it has no windows except a little one besides the entrance door, and there where a chemistry kind of smell in the air that was very repulsive. The hostel is situated in a alley and the surroundings where kind of scary. There where a lot homeless people sitting by the boarders of the street and the intensive smell of pee and dog poo was a dissgusting part of the atmosphere att the entrance door of this hostal and the surroundings since it seem that everybody in the neighbourhood had dogs but non of them picked it upp after them. Not a place to recomend nor will i never go back there again.
"Beautiful apartament and in the centre of the city"
09/01/14 Giulia C
I was there for holidays with three friends in july, the apartament was perfect! In the centre of the city (very close to the pub's area) clean, comfortable, an operate wifi. Malaga is a nice city with a lot of young people but the best discos are in the following area, like marbella
08/10/14 nena_botticella Monza, Italy
If I had to describe my stay in APTOS DOÑA ELVIRA in one word it would be: AWFUL! First of all my group and me arrived at the apartment at 12.30 and the apartment was still not cleaned (and on the website they say said that the room would be ours after 12)!! In addition to that after "the cleaning" we found that a couch was spotted with something red, most of the pots were so dirty that we had to re-wash them!! They said to me by email that we will have something to put our clothes on to dry, but there was nothing like that!! We were forced to put towels and other clothes in the bathroom but, since there are no windows or vents in it, they dry only within several days!! In addition to that it is impossible to make fresh air enter in the room because the only windows we had were overlooking the smallest courtyard I have ever seen, where nor wind or light could ever pass!! In the web site they write that there is a double bed, but it is so small that the two people sleeping in it every morning found themesleves covered with bruises because they collide during the night! In the apartment there is no safe, so we had to hide our money in strange places!! The walls are so thin that we heard every movement the other guests did in their apartments like they are in ours, and there is also a lamp, that was impossible to turn off, right in front of one of the windows. These two things make our sleep nearly impossible!! For several days the wifi didn't worked, and also during the other days it worked very poorly. They will send you an email where they say that there will be always available a person (Emi) at need. I wrote her several messages (about the wifi, but not only), and I hated the fact that I HAD TO PRAY HER to answer to my sms: EVERY TIME I wrote something to her she NEVER answered, unless I wrote "Emi please, answer to me", thus making me spend lots of money in unnecessary texts. She was extremely unkind to us, it seems like she was doing a favour in talking to me. IT'S HER JOB!! IF SHE DON'T WANT TO DO IT, SHE CAN DO SOMETHING ELSE!! In addition to that she speaks English very badly, the communication was extremely difficult. During our stay we found TWO BEETLES in the apartment!! This was the final proof for the "cleaning" that was done. When we told this to Emi, at first she pretended not to understand, but finally she spoke as it is normal to find some beetles. IS IT NORMAL TO YOU?? In my opinion it is not, even if we are in a modest two-star apartment. I don't pretend golden pipes, but at least the cleaning!! If this isn't enought to discourage your coming, I told you that the area where the apartments are located is extremely unsafe: we were scared to go out and to come back at night! Even the taxi drivers were worried for our safety!! Our stay was the most uncomfortable I have ever had, my only wish is to discourage the lagerst number of people to come to this apartment.
"Good choice in malaga"
06/04/14 ElCartoharvetta Glasgow
Spent a weekend here in May. I found the apartment very pleasant. It is situated in a not terribly appealing street, but honestly, this is not a problem as turn to the right and you are a two minute walk from Plaza de la Merced, and a few minutes to the heart of the old town. It had everything required for the whole weekend. All white goods, cutlery, crockery and more. There was a living area with TV and good lighting and couches, one which was a pull down bed. Also a double bed in a private area of the apartment. Our place had a spiral staircase leading to a roof terrace with fake grass, two sun beds and a table and chairs. The roof terrace had views over the city, taking in the cathedral and beyond. The shower was a bit temperamental, but was manageable. Some people commented on the lack of natural light. Indeed there were no windows facing directly outside, but the light from the windows facing the internal terrace was plenty, and this particular unit benefited from the sun coming in from the windows at the top of the spiral staircase. The communication between the owners was good, but the only thing is that there is a charge of 15€ if you arrive after 11pm. I arrived before 10pm and the charge was put in until I challenged it and had it removed, after some remonstration. All in all, I would return and would recommend.
01/23/14 Golfkompis
When we arrived the electric system was partly out of order wich resulted in no hot water the first 24 hours and no functioning heatingsystem the first 3 days. The apartement was noisy, cold and damp and overall very unpleasent. We have suggested a 50% refund of the paid rent but we have had no reaction at all to that suggestion. Malaga yes, but no more Dona Elvira for us!
"Very dissapointed"
01/14/14 ScottishShona Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Apartment was like a dark hole, terrible lighting and only natural light was from windows facing an open courtyard which any of the other apartments could clearly see in. No kettle for boiling water - I mean in this day and age who doesn't have a kettle. Nor was there a sweeping brush for the marble floors. Kitchen was flooded when it rained due to water lapping in under the front door from the open courtyard outside (we were on the ground floor) Loads of noise coming from the other apartments, lots of furniture moving - why? I don't know!!! Area looks like something from Beirut BUT it is very central. Visit the port - it's fabulous and the shopping in the old town is great as are the restaurants. It was just the apartment that was poor, very poor indeed! Would not recommend unless improvements were made. Oh almost forgot - the electrics kept fusing in the apartment and although it's advertised for up to four people it is definitely a two person accommodation!
"Affordable apartement in Malaga city center"
11/21/13 sudutmata Jakarta, Indonesia
I got this apartment from, after reading some good reviews about it. First time I arrived, late evening, I was kinda skeptical about the place, since it didn't look nowhere near city center, and the situation of the neighborhood looked discouraging. After greeted by the keeper, we were brought into the apartment. Well, the apartment looked in good condition, with two rooms and sofa that can be converted easily to bed (six person max for around 95 euros per night for the apartment). Kitchen was good and in working condition, plus washing machine, and clean too. Decided to go out after that, even though it was late, and guess what, just like after walking 100m or so, we were already in the main area of city center. All the main attractions in Malaga are easily accessible from this hotel. My first impression about the neighborhood was wrong, since the place was quite safe. The only thing that may disturb some people, is the noise, since it's close to other apartments building around it. During weekend, you can hear people chatting in the street till morning. I myself don't have problem with noise. Overall, this apartment is recommended. Price is excellent, location is excellent, and everything else is good. Noise can be minus point for some people.
"Buona posizione, pulito, comodo ma un po' rumoroso."
10/14/15 rossella61milano Milano
Camera a piano terra, comoda, pulita, ci si poteva stare in 4 ma noi eravamo 2, un po' rumorosa vista la posizione: gli altri ospiti dovevano passare a fianco alla nostra stanza per salire al piano di sopra nelle loro camere, e spesso anche di notte facevano baccano. La pensione si trova in una stradina tranquilla ma centrale di Malaga, da dove si può raggiungere anche a piedi qualsiasi parte della città, le fermate dei bus e dei treni, nonchè il cuore della città, coi negozi più alla moda e locali sempre pieni, alcuni con musica dal vivo. Anche il porto è raggiungibile con una passeggiata di 20 minuti. La responsabile che ci ha ricevuto è stata molto gentile ed attenta alle nostre esigenze. Dopo 3 giorni non ci avevano cambiato le asciugamani ma quando glielo abbiamo fatto presente ha provveduto subito. Ci ha anche prenotato il taxi quando siamo andate via. Sopra c'è una terrazza ma a noi del piano terra non era consentito andare. Ci ritornerei anche se è un posto semplice.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews