All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good internet service
    Service is adequate
    Bad breakfast
    Dirty
"Good location but too expensive for its facilities"
I had to book this "hostel" in the last minute since I had some problems with my original plans. Understanding it was booked the same day, I think the costs of 190 EUR for a 10-bed dorm was excessive. The room barely fits the beds and it was very unorganized (probably other customers' fault). The trash bin at the room was completely overflowed. I've been in many dorms, but this one was not very good, yet, it has been the most expensive I have ever paid. Also, they announce breakfast is included, but it is barely coffee, tea and bread with jam.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Nicolombia
"be open minded"
The hostel was a little difficult to find at first. One issue was that the bathroom in the room had no shower curtain or door so whenever someone showers the entire toilet/bathroom would get wet making it very uncomfortable.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2015
Laura-lee
First night in Amsterdam, and it was great location and service. The bathrooms were miserable.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014
"It's basic"
It's what you expect from a hostel...I spent little time there but it seemed reasonably clean. The expedia add said they have secure storage for luggage, the main reason I chose this hostel. They do not which really messed up my day as I had to carry around my valuables with me which in Amsterdam is troublesome..
Other trip Sep 26, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

the stay was good. Area was superb for seeing museums and easy access to trams that go to the center.
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2016
"Very basic hostel"
Poor quality hostel - old carpets, no lockers, tiny showers, basic breakfast, basic accommodation, overpriced, good wifi, OK staff, good location for museums
3 night trip Nov 26, 2015
"Great Central Area"
AnneMarie was walking distance to a lot of the main museums. Made it very easy to get around.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Nice Services, but have to improve toilet and prov"
Comfortable.
2 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Breakfast needed to be improved. only bread n jam provided. Toilet n showeroom are terribly small. it was even hard to turn around. all in all, i wouldnt choose it next time.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2014
LadyB
"An average hostel"
This place is just Ok. Nothing great about it. For the same rate there are many other places which are near the train station. Some of things which I did not like are 1. There is no lift, so if u have a heavy trolley bag be ready to take it up to the 3rd floor (my room was on third floor). 2. No lockers provided (trust your roomies), nothing was lost but I expected a locker in a shared accommodation. 3. Breakfast is just bread jam/butter along with tea or coffee no cereals at all. In my trip I stayed in 5 different hostels this was the worst one. 4. Very strict with their booking policy. I tired to reduce a day from my booking but they were not ready to make that change, I was easily able to do that in one of the hostels. However, this is more of a policy issue.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"great location"
I don't have good sleep, because people come in and out all the night.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
I am happy with everything except the surprise to find out that I am the only female in a roomful of males.
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
"Good location, sharing ok"
The location of the hotel was good. Cleanliness could be improved. Fair service.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2013
Polona
- - Shabby building, dirty showers and unfriendly staff. + + comfy beds, good location.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"친절한 서비스, 좋은위치"
체크인 시간보다 좀더 일찍 갔는데 미리 들어갈 수 있었다. 시내 주요 지역이 모두 걸어서 40분 이내에 있었고, 트램을 이용하기에도 편리했다. 짐을 맡기는 데에는 추가 비용이 들었다.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2016
KR
"Hostel Annemarie в Амстердаме"
Хостел расположен очень удобно. Центр города, около основных музеев (Ван Гог, Стадерлик, Рейкмьюзеум), до Центральной станции можно дойти пешком за 30 минут или доехать на трамвае. Трамвай останавливается у хостела. Но при этом ночью тихо. Хостел чистый. В стоимость входит завтрак (8-9.30), но кофе налить можно и раньше начала завтрака. Есть кухня со всем необходимым. Санузел совмещенный и находится в номере. Единственный минус хостела для меня был - это размер душа. Есть прокат велосипедов.Wi-Fi бесплатный. Комната стандартная для хостела: двухяростные кровати, постельное белье входит в стоимость, полотенца нет, комната была на 10 человек.
4 night trip Feb 17, 2016
Oxana
RU
"快適でした。"
快適に過ごすことができました。
1 night trip Aug 28, 2015
"場所は最高。コスパが良いです!"
場所は最高です!従業員の人も感じは良いけれど、ちょっと大雑把な印象があります。ベッドは身体が痛くなるような気がします。まあ、リビングはちょっと散らかっていて、そんなに居心地の良さは感じません。ただコストパフォーマンスは良いと思います。朝食もつきますし。パンとバタージャム、ピーナツバター、コーヒー、シンプルです。
1 night trip Aug 18, 2015
"Peu impressionné."
Probablement le moins bon hostel que j'ai connu jusqu'à maintenant (j'ai séjourné dans une dizaine d'auberges de jeunesse cette année). En arrivant, on doit payer l'entièreté de notre séjour en cash (+10 euros de consigne pour la clé). Étant donné mon "check-in" tardif avec tous mes bagages, c'était tout de même un peu chiant de ressortir de l'hostel pour aller au guichet le plus près et sortir le montant en argent comptant. La chambre: Lits superposés (comme dans l'ensemble des hostels) toutefois il n'y a pas d'échelle pour monter sur le lit du haut et il n'y a pas de barreaux sur la plupart des lits du haut (avis à ceux qui bougent en dormant). 2 prises de courant par chambre de 8 lits donc 8 personnes à vouloir charger leur téléphone sur 2 prises. Pas de rangement sécurisé dans la chambre. La douche/toilette est très petite et l'eau se déverse partout dans cette petite pièce donc vous aurez les pieds mouillés en allant aux toilettes. Équipe sympathique pour le ménage et le service. Ils vendent aussi des vêtements d'Amsterdam pour les intéressés. Bon wifi. Chambre assez chaude et humide. Bien situé près du musée Van Gogh donc petite marche d'environ 20 minutes pour aller au centre-ville près de l'action. Bref, rien d'impressionnant.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2015
"Good location near Museumplein"
So if you're into the museums around Museumplein the location is great. There are lots of trams passing by as well so it's easy to get around. Google Maps + GVB 24h pass does the trick for getting anywhere in Amsterdam. So apart from the location the hostel is what you pay for. It's ranked amongst the cheapest and it's pretty basic. I had stayed here 3 years ago and it was basically identical. Hotel receptionist (perhaps owner?) was very nice to me and friendly even if not all hostel guests agreed on that. Breakfast is included and served in the short time span between 8.00 and 9.30 and it's very basic. Bread with peanut butter or/and jam is the only thing served, good if it's complimentary, bad if you're paying for it. For being hostel beds they are actually pretty comfy, a bit unstable when you have a fat guy sleeping above you though. They also have a small kitchen you can use, and they have bikes for hire. All in all, you get what you pay for, and for that I would stay here a third time.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Danny
"terrible hostel"
They denied credit card for payments. Free breakfast was so poor. They don't have toaster. In the kitchen there is no oven.
3 night trip Jun 22, 2015
スタッフが親切でよかった。 セントラルの駅から少し遠いが、トラムを使えば非常に便利。
1 night trip Jun 16, 2015
"좋았어요"
사장님도 굉장히 친절하고 방도 안락하고 트램이랑 가까운것도 좋고 인근에 박물관, 슈퍼마켓이 있는게 정말 좋네요! 하지만 방에서 와이파이가 안터지는게 흠이라면 흠이겠지만 아주 만족했어요
2 night trip May 2, 2015
KR
Las habitaciones me parecieron muy precarias, el desayuno muy escaso, la acogida de los empleados muy desinteresada, las instalaciones sobre todo del baño muy malas ya que la ducha se desarmo. Por ultimo muy poco higienico ya que había un gato el cual estaba por todos lados.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
ES
"BED BUGS"
BED BUGS, just don't go there !!
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Hina
"반고흐 뮤지엄 바로 앞!"
우선 반고흐 뮤지엄이 중요했던터라 바로 앞이었던게 굉장히 좋았구요, 24 pass로 움직인다면 위치가 나쁘진 않아요. 주방도 개방되어 있고ㅋㅋ조식은 식빵에 잼 나와요... 그리고 화장실,욕실 시설은 다시 이용하고 싶지 않네요ㅠㅜ 너무 비좁고 지저분해서ㅠㅜㅠㅠㅜ그래서 점수 깎였어요
2 night trip Jan 19, 2015
yuijng lee
KR
"Recomendable si no te importa más que dormir un ra"
Tiene buena ubicación, muy cerca del museo de Van Gogh. El desayuno que ofrecen es pan con algo para untar. Hay un gato en el hostal que puede molestarle a algunas personas. Hay demasiadas personas en cada cuarto y mucho ruido a todo momento. No hay lockers, básico en un buen hostal. el precio es bueno. Recomendable si no te importa más que dormir.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
José Manuel
ES
"敢えてここに泊まる必要なし"
12人部屋のフロアにトイレとシャワーがそれぞれ一つだけ。ロッカーなし。部屋にコンセントは入り口に一つだけ。WiFiは共有スペースでも使えないことが多く、まして部屋では全く使い物にならなかった。支払は現金のみと言われてキャッシュで払う(他の旅行客は支払方法でもめていた)。これで安けりゃまだしも、大晦日価格で1万円以上したから満足度は限りなく低いです。
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
JP
"Smelly, Dirty + BED BUGS !!!"
Hello, Anne Marie Hotel in Amsterdam is the WORST place I've ever been in my whole life !! The Good : very well located if like me, you love everything about art museum, and the dreadlocks receptionist was nice to me. But that's it !! The Bad : the bathrooms were extremely smelly and dirty. Only 3 toilets and 1 shower room for the whole hotel !! Since I booked for a week-end, I was charged 4 times more than the regular prices, though the service wasn't better. You have to pay for everything, no lockers in the room and the luggage room was extra cost too. Very small bedrooms, beds sheets were ripped and very smelly. And the WORST above all that, is there were BED BUGS !!!!!! I stayed only one night and I've been severely bitten by the bed bugs on my face, neck and hands. So BAD I had to go see a doctor back home and I HAD TO SANITIZE ALL MY CLOTHES AND APARTMENT. This place is DEFINITELY not worth the location. Now you're WARNED !!
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Hina
"Koselig."
Hyggelig personale. Litt bråkete om natten, men det må man bare forvente når man ligger flere på ett rom. Fikk alltid en kopp te når jeg ikke fikk sove.
8 night trip Dec 9, 2014
"フレンドリーだがいい加減なスタッフ達"
予約していた金額より高い額を取られた。(税等が別途負担と言う事でしたが、それを考えても高い。)その上チェックアウト時には、デポジットで預けた10€を返してくれなかった。理由はチェックアウトが遅過ぎると言う事だが、チェックアウトした時間は10時20分頃。クレームを言うと厳しい口調で恫喝された。Hotels.comの方から確認してもらったらサマータイムだからとか言う理由。でも予約確認書には11時がチェックアウト時間として記載があるのしフロント前にある掛時計の時間も11時前なのだから納得行かない。暫くフロントに居たが他の多数の客にもデポジットは返していないようだった。その日のスタッフが偶々だったかも知れない。でも残念だが詐欺としか言えない。
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
JP
Not very comfortable but nice place with nice staffs.
3 night trip Apr 13, 2014
HK
"C’était très bien"
Contrairement a ce que je m'y attendais, c'était très bien,
3 night trip Mar 25, 2014
Fouad
FR
"Really nice area and nice people at the hostel"
I had my doubts since it was one-star but was pleasantly surprised by a serious owner, though the other receptionists didn't seem to know much. The room was great and I met alot of cool people living there as well, everyday was a fun time!
6 night trip May 4, 2013
TW

TripAdvisor reviews for Annemarie Hotel

"A most joyless hostel"
05/02/16 taistelukala Helsinki, Finland
I do not recommend this hostel to anyone. In theory, this hostel filled it function: me and my group could sleep there and nobody stole our stuff while we were checking out Amsterdam. The thing is that Annemarie did this all with astounding joylessness. The long curly haired guy behind the desk was more flegmatic than the city's stoner tourists and the whole place smelled a bit of stale air. The whole hostel was characterised by narrow corridors and all the toilets I had to see were really small. Everything looked like not too much care was put into them as tiles in the toilets looked dirty and carpet on the stairs was worn out. Our room "Oasis" had its own shower, and because of a slightly clogged drain, the small closet which contained the shower and wc almost flooded the room. I expect this place to have extensive water damage in the near future (if it hasn't already happened). I visited this hostel on the weekend after Koningsdag. I am not familiar with the prices in Amsterdam hostels, but we had to pay a fortune for our stay, 75 € per person a night. By all means, this is a gargatuan amount of money for such a place as Annemarie hostel. As our booking was done in a hurry, I can't complain too much. The bottom line is that the worth of this place is 25 € a night, maximum. Anything else is a total waste. The wi-fi in this place worked and the sheets seemed clean enough. I had the fortunate situation to stay with a roomful of friends so I did not have to wait for anyone to barge in the middle of the night. The location was good by the museumplein. Make a favor for yourself and find a hostel in Amsterdam where the staff is nice and fun and you can meet other travellers in a nice and relaxed atmosphere. Hostel Annemarie is not a place for any of that.
"Very dirty place"
04/11/16 Michele I
I stay one night , the location is good but it is very dirty . Terrible place. You can rent a cycle but if you don t came back you must to pay 20 € more for one day. The bed is terrible and I don't like the staff. For breakfast you can eat only bread and marmalade . No napkins.
"Worst ever"
04/07/16 Deepak P Karkala, India
Don't get fooled by pics. This is one of the worst place to stay. The bathroom's taps weren't working. Forget the taps, the bathroom is as tiny as it gets. Stinked too. The breakfast was terrible. Not going back to this place ever.
"Tiny & Dirty"
04/02/16 Brennan B
At the Annemarie I stayed in an eight person dorm room with only 3 outlets. The showers were warm but disgustingly dirty, moldy, and always smelled. None of the garbage cans had bags in them so "liquids" just stayed in the bin and putrefied even after the cleaners came. Breakfast is included in the price but consists of untoasted bread and tea or coffee served in a disposable plastic cup that melts before you finish your drink. The staff were rude. It was hard to get their attention to check out. The Annemarie also has no lockers, and the front desk will only secure small valuables. Also, you cannot pay in cash. I had to walk around the museumplein and the residential neighborhood to the south for an hour and a half until I found enough atms to collect from. When I got in contact with a friend in Amsterdam who was willing to let me stay with him I went to the front desk to ask about their cancellation policy. I was told that for this very reason their policy is 72 hours advanced notice from the time you want to check it. The staff said they make it nearly impossible to leave early once you are there. They too realize that there are better, cheaper, options in the vondelpark/museumplein area.
"Average"
03/28/16 madpan567 Dunedin, New Zealand
Really good location but had a weird experience with one of the staff who came into the room without knocking in the morning and my friend was getting changed. Free breakfast is literally bread and coffe. Bathroom was a little dirty but the beds were reasonably comfortable. However it is quite cheap and close to public transport and right next to the museums and one of the staff was super nice and helpful!
"DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL."
02/06/16 Sara N
A couple of friends and I were two nights at this hostel. It was awful since the beginning: we arrived at 10 in the morning with the aim of leave our backpacks to go to visit the city (not to do the check in!) and the owner just threw us out from there without listening our request. We came later, and once again... Problems: we had to wait up to 15 minutes until he stopped talking to his friends and then we were able to do the chek in (this was quite disgusting from my point of view). After all of that, we wanted to pay with the credit card but it wasn't possible. When we came in the room, we realised that the sheets haven't been cleaned, so that was another handicap. There also were just 4 plugs for a 12-room people (unacepteable!!) The shower (if it's possible to call it like that), was in a VERY LITTLE TINY room (in the kitchen) and there was also another room like this one as an wc (ALSO SO TINY). Even though the price is low, they must improve the customer attention. ONCE AGAIN, TRY TO AVOID THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!!
"Worst hostel ever. DO NOT STAY HERE. Horrendous"
12/22/15 india962015 Bristol, United Kingdom
I’ve never had such a terrible experience with a hostel before arriving at Annemarie hostel. We were not expecting a 5 star hotel at all, however to begin with, we were not made to feel welcome at the hostel. The descriptions on the website are poor - the ‘kitchen’ consists of a tiny microwave, a sink, a fridge and some dirty cupboards. We were kept awake for most of the night due to others talking loudly on the phone and eating. This is understandable when staying in a dormitory, however we did not expect someone extremely drunk to be allowed into the hostel at 3am seriously disturbing others trying to sleep. Around an hour later this man proceeded to stand up and URINATE all over our friend while he was sleeping. The man was then escorted out by police due to being verbally abusive and refusing to leave the hostel when asked to do so by a member of night staff. The management clearly do not have a grip on who comes and goes in this hostel - having let someone who was not in a fit state to enter and urinate all over clothes and other personal possessions. The main problem we had with this hostel is when the ’team leader’ arrived in the morning, he was inexplicably rude to us and unhelpful. We were made to feel like it was our fault and he showed no empathy towards us and decided that as the man had been escorted out, the problem had been solved and 'these things happen'. They would not clean the room, change the sheets or even help wash the clothes and belongings that had been ruined by being urinated on. We had to clean up the mess that this man had made. This hostel has some serious cleanliness issues. After a while of trying to solve this problem or get some kind of compensation whether that be a partial refund or changing to a smaller dorm, the manager refused to talk to us about it and when my dad called from the UK to try and assist in solving the problem, the manager put the phone down on him. We were offered no compensation and the staff were extremely hostile towards us after this all happened. This hostel is very willing to take your money but is NOT willing to help you if something goes wrong. We decided to leave and find somewhere else to stay in Amsterdam. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a hostel and none of us will ever be staying there again. We wish we had known how terrible this place is before wasting our money! It is highly unrecommended!!!
"Passport"
12/11/15 ZauR H Ganja, Azerbaijan
I would like to thank to Anne marie's hotel Owner(Italian). Sorry. i do not know his name. Thank to his helping us, so we forget our passport in hotel and we arrived at airport. then we noticed that we forget it in hotel, called hotel and italian responsible guy organized to take passport. Thank you my friend.
"NOPE"
11/16/15 Bridget P
Stayed over New Years Eve. As soon as we got to the desk, they said they wanted cash. We left to find an ATM and stopped at other hotels and hostels but as it was NYE, they were all full. Came back and paid. The beds were gross, the room had one outlet, the cleaning man admitted to stealing my phone charger (I left it out when I was brushing my teeth). DISGUSTING bathrooms. Someone threw up in the only bathroom on our floor and it wasn't cleaned up the 2 days we stayed. However, the location is perfect- by all of the museums, tram stops, restaurants, coffee shops, supermarkets, and far from the noise of the city. If we hadn't paid close to 300 Euros, it would have been less than terrible.
"Loving envrioment!"
11/14/15 Stephbenton Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Of course being in a shared room at the time has its flaws but only with some of the people who stay. The hotel itself as its employees where fantastic and helped us with any questions we had! Fantastic place and would reccomend to anyone! They do have private rooms so dont ler that put you off either! Thanm you so much for letting us stay.