All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Jan Willem Brouwerstraat 14, Amsterdam, 1071 LJ, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.7
First night in Amsterdam, and it was great location and service. The bathrooms were miserable.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014
"It's basic"
It's what you expect from a hostel...I spent little time there but it seemed reasonably clean. The expedia add said they have secure storage for luggage, the main reason I chose this hostel. They do not which really messed up my day as I had to carry around my valuables with me which in Amsterdam is troublesome..
Other trip Sep 26, 2014

"Nice Services, but have to improve toilet and prov"
Comfortable.
2 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Breakfast needed to be improved. only bread n jam provided. Toilet n showeroom are terribly small. it was even hard to turn around. all in all, i wouldnt choose it next time.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2014
LadyB
"An average hostel"
This place is just Ok. Nothing great about it. For the same rate there are many other places which are near the train station. Some of things which I did not like are 1. There is no lift, so if u have a heavy trolley bag be ready to take it up to the 3rd floor (my room was on third floor). 2. No lockers provided (trust your roomies), nothing was lost but I expected a locker in a shared accommodation. 3. Breakfast is just bread jam/butter along with tea or coffee no cereals at all. In my trip I stayed in 5 different hostels this was the worst one. 4. Very strict with their booking policy. I tired to reduce a day from my booking but they were not ready to make that change, I was easily able to do that in one of the hostels. However, this is more of a policy issue.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"great location"
I don't have good sleep, because people come in and out all the night.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
I am happy with everything except the surprise to find out that I am the only female in a roomful of males.
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
"Good location, sharing ok"
The location of the hotel was good. Cleanliness could be improved. Fair service.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2013
Polona
- - Shabby building, dirty showers and unfriendly staff. + + comfy beds, good location.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2013

"terrible hostel"
They denied credit card for payments. Free breakfast was so poor. They don't have toaster. In the kitchen there is no oven.
3 night trip Jun 22, 2015
スタッフが親切でよかった。 セントラルの駅から少し遠いが、トラムを使えば非常に便利。
1 night trip Jun 16, 2015
"좋았어요"
사장님도 굉장히 친절하고 방도 안락하고 트램이랑 가까운것도 좋고 인근에 박물관, 슈퍼마켓이 있는게 정말 좋네요! 하지만 방에서 와이파이가 안터지는게 흠이라면 흠이겠지만 아주 만족했어요
2 night trip May 2, 2015
KR
Las habitaciones me parecieron muy precarias, el desayuno muy escaso, la acogida de los empleados muy desinteresada, las instalaciones sobre todo del baño muy malas ya que la ducha se desarmo. Por ultimo muy poco higienico ya que había un gato el cual estaba por todos lados.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
ES
"반고흐 뮤지엄 바로 앞!"
우선 반고흐 뮤지엄이 중요했던터라 바로 앞이었던게 굉장히 좋았구요, 24 pass로 움직인다면 위치가 나쁘진 않아요. 주방도 개방되어 있고ㅋㅋ조식은 식빵에 잼 나와요... 그리고 화장실,욕실 시설은 다시 이용하고 싶지 않네요ㅠㅜ 너무 비좁고 지저분해서ㅠㅜㅠㅠㅜ그래서 점수 깎였어요
2 night trip Jan 19, 2015
yuijng lee
KR
"Recomendable si no te importa más que dormir un ra"
Tiene buena ubicación, muy cerca del museo de Van Gogh. El desayuno que ofrecen es pan con algo para untar. Hay un gato en el hostal que puede molestarle a algunas personas. Hay demasiadas personas en cada cuarto y mucho ruido a todo momento. No hay lockers, básico en un buen hostal. el precio es bueno. Recomendable si no te importa más que dormir.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
José Manuel
ES
"敢えてここに泊まる必要なし"
12人部屋のフロアにトイレとシャワーがそれぞれ一つだけ。ロッカーなし。部屋にコンセントは入り口に一つだけ。WiFiは共有スペースでも使えないことが多く、まして部屋では全く使い物にならなかった。支払は現金のみと言われてキャッシュで払う(他の旅行客は支払方法でもめていた)。これで安けりゃまだしも、大晦日価格で1万円以上したから満足度は限りなく低いです。
1 night trip Dec 31, 2014
"Koselig."
Hyggelig personale. Litt bråkete om natten, men det må man bare forvente når man ligger flere på ett rom. Fikk alltid en kopp te når jeg ikke fikk sove.
8 night trip Dec 9, 2014
"フレンドリーだがいい加減なスタッフ達"
予約していた金額より高い額を取られた。(税等が別途負担と言う事でしたが、それを考えても高い。)その上チェックアウト時には、デポジットで預けた10€を返してくれなかった。理由はチェックアウトが遅過ぎると言う事だが、チェックアウトした時間は10時20分頃。クレームを言うと厳しい口調で恫喝された。Hotels.comの方から確認してもらったらサマータイムだからとか言う理由。でも予約確認書には11時がチェックアウト時間として記載があるのしフロント前にある掛時計の時間も11時前なのだから納得行かない。暫くフロントに居たが他の多数の客にもデポジットは返していないようだった。その日のスタッフが偶々だったかも知れない。でも残念だが詐欺としか言えない。
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
JP
Not very comfortable but nice place with nice staffs.
3 night trip Apr 13, 2014
HK
"C’était très bien"
Contrairement a ce que je m'y attendais, c'était très bien,
3 night trip Mar 25, 2014
Fouad
FR
"Really nice area and nice people at the hostel"
I had my doubts since it was one-star but was pleasantly surprised by a serious owner, though the other receptionists didn't seem to know much. The room was great and I met alot of cool people living there as well, everyday was a fun time!
6 night trip May 4, 2013
NL
2 night trip Apr 29, 2013
TW

TripAdvisor reviews for Annemarie Hotel

"horrible, scary experience. avoid!"
06/30/15 Isabel S
I had booked with this hostel to be close to my friends but it looked much worse than any hostel I've stayed in. I wanted to stay three nights but cancel the rest of the week I booked and they refused. the manager lied and said they had no WiFi in the lobby for me to show him their own policies. he then got very angry when my friend went online and started yelling, physically getting close, telling my young female friend that I was the only one allowed in the lobby and she had to go outside. he then took my passport and wouldn't return it. I may look like I'm twenty but I'm thirty and a confident traveler..so I very quickly snatched my passport forcibly from him and then ran with my friend, in fear. it makes me angry and scared for other travelers, esp young solo female travelers. this was by far the worst experience I've ever encountered and I will always remember.
"great stay had to return"
06/28/15 Kristian H Amsterdam, The Netherlands
this place is great, has everything for the price and more, great location, helpful staff and walking distance to great parks and tram stops, stayed here twice and would happily return, time & $$ well spent
"Decent hostel, don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed!"
06/27/15 Anna H
First of all it was much cheaper than anything at the time in Amsterdam, so that was nice! The facilities were OK and rather clean, Wi-Fi was good, a small breakfast and a clean shower was also available. Expect cats. The staff was not always very nice, it really depends on who you get behind the counter.
"It's hard to decide if I should recommend the place."
06/24/15 dselvag Kalmar, Sweden
I traveled alone so I didn't spend much time in the hostel, was mostly out during the day. Only reason I chose this hostel was because it was one of the cheapest for my last minute booking and a good location. Arrived around lunch and the owner/receptionist was very friendly towards me (maybe he's read the other reviews here). However there were complaints towards staff from others who stayed in my room. At first I was in a 4-bed dorm and then had to change to a 12-bed to extend. Would not recommend the 12-bed dorm but 4-bed was alright. Check out time is 10am which can be a bit early. Breakfast is included in the price buy very poor, only slices of bread with peanut butter and jam with some cheap coffee. They have 2-3 cats or something wandering around the hostel, going in through the windows straight onto the tables where breakfast is eaten so be aware if you're a germaphobic or have allergies. For the whole building there only seems to be 3-4 toilets/showers so good luck with that. Would perhaps stay here again, not sure.
"Breakfast in Amsterdam"
06/22/15 W3254ADpaulb Greater London, United Kingdom
Nice location , easy to find. Administration disorganised ..could not find booking ..took ages to sort out. Had to change rooms , and found another guy in my designated bed. Hostel prices are way over the top for shared room of ten persons....I have stayed in a hotel room far cheaper than this hostel . Breakfast was a joke...bread / jam and cheap take away coffee .Went elsewhere fro some breakfast . Would not recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Amsterdam
"Wouldn't allow my dog to stay here"
06/15/15 Anonymous A Sligo, Ireland
On arrival staff were not in any way welcoming or friendly. He tried to over charge us only for I had a receipt of the deposit that myself and my friends had already paid for. Only two plugs in a dorm of 10 people, tiny dorm with nowhere to store our belongings. The staff would just storm into the room without knocking and didn't even identify himself as a member of staff or why her was in our room until we asked him and as our dorm was a room full of girls we could have been in the middle of changing. There are CATS everywhere which is not mentioned on the website, people may have serious allergies or fear of cats. The cats were more welcomed than we were walking all over the tables where people were suppose to eat and have breakfast which was an absolute joke so unhygienic. On our second night we had a few drinks in our dorm before going out as we all knew each other it wasn't a problem and we weren't noisy so we left the few wine bottles that we had beside our suitcases. After the night out some of the girls had got a slice of pizza and crisps on the way home. One of the girls couldn't eat her slice of pizza and left it on a plate sitting on the window sill and the girls who hadn't finished the crisps had them sitting on their suitcases. As the cats were crawling all over the tables downstairs we did not want to eat there. WHO WOULD? The next morning when we were getting ready the manager stormed into the room was extremely aggressive towards us threw the pizza on the floor started kicking the wine bottles over and swearing at us telling us to pack our s*** and get out. I felt scared and I actually thought he was going to hit one of us the room wasn't even untidy it was just because we were living out of our suitcases there were a few hairdryers and straighteners on the floor as there was nowhere else to place them. He was so over the top and kicked us out. We demanded our money back for the last night to pay for another hostel and he refused to give us anything. We begged to stay we even cleaned up the "mess"" which took us two minutes as we packed all our stuff before we left and he said he didn't care if we slept on the streets that night. Most rude people I've ever had to deal with and a total rip off. Worst place I have ever stayed! Avoid it at all cost.
"DONT stay here"
06/10/15 Jojo2016
It was a perfectly fine hostel apart from the lack of plugs but on our last day we got kicked out because our room wasn't 'clean enough' the manager came in and was so rude and extremely aggressive towards us our room was perfectly fine and we didn't have it untidy atal he kicked us out on the spot and didn't give us our money back for the last night we had paid him it was a total rip off and he told us we can sleep on the street for all he cared. Also we were a group of young girls and the cleaner comes in without knocking and walks in on us when we told us to the manager he said we don't pay for privacy one of us also were sitting on the table and he shouted to get off that people have to eat there yet they let cats walk all over the table absolute JOKE!!
"worst place I've ever stayed in"
06/10/15 Helena2712 Letterkenny, Ireland
On arrival staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful . Cats crawling all over the place , on top of tables where we meant to eat breakfast. Male cleaning staff just walked into our room without knocking while we getting dressed. No lockers or any type of storage. While we there the manager ? was very abusive to a group of young girls.He was shouting and swearing at them because one of them had taken food and drink to her room (because of the cats jumping all over tables were she supposed to eat). He was totally over the top and quite scary , he made them leave without refund even though they had paid for another night and had nowhere else to go. Would not stay there again even if I was paid to do so. Avoid at all costs.
"DON'T GO THERE"
05/23/15 Julie B Bakau, Western, The Gambia
This is an awful awful place with rude staff and cramped, dirty and broken facilities. On a busy weekend I had no choice but to stay here and the price was HIKED up to that of a 3* hotel - seriously, I would almost have been better on the streets where at least the rude manager would not have had a chance to boss me around. DON"T GO THERE
"Avoid this place"
05/02/15 Thibaut P
Worst stay ever! The rooms are filthy and the staff is rude. There are only 2 showers ( one without showerhead and the other one was disgusting). You see cats everywhere, even in the kitchen. Better book a room somewhere else!