All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Frans van Mierisstraat 69-A1HGAmsterdam1071 RLNetherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
"THE WORST THE RUDEST DONT EVEN THINK"
My experience is that i arrived half an hour earlier ... 12:30 pm ,It was raining and this place has no door ,its like a prison with an intercom. The rude unprofessional person answered "can i haelp u" as if he was surprised,, i said i have a reservation...he said 1 o'clock! I said can i wait inside , he answered very coldly and rudely NO! Then i said can i even leave my luggage?! Same way NO,,, give me some profanity privileges then i can describe this thing! I didn't even check in and i booked another hotel. Really the worst on the planet... Btw im a pilot and this particular trip was around half Europe...im not a newbie or one inexperienced person , I travelled around the world like 2 times.. So trust me u don wanna go there... U will be literally left outside like a begger.. So u do the math . It doesn't worth it.
Other trip Nov 29, 2015
seleam
"Hotel Janson"
An excellent place to rest your head and sleep. Don't expect too much in the way of socializing, but the location is great for the price.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Very average hostel. Good location though far from the center. Breakfast is not worth bothering. Nice staff, but very noisy and tiny rooms. No towels provided, which was a bit disappointing
Other trip Jul 7, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Stay only if you do not have an option !"
There are a few things which I would like to highlight as below: 1) Staff is ok, they try to be helpful, upon request i was allotted a lower bed. (this was mentioned while booking and also I had called 3 days prior to my satay, as I have to take care of my back) 2) There is one common bathroom with toilet on each floor, and NOT in each room. So one bathroom for say about 20 guests or so 3) The bathroom on the 2nd and 3rd floor has a knob which you have to press each time for having a continuous flow of water, I press means about 20 seconds of flow! 4) I wanted to have some hot water and I had to use the vending machine paying 1 Euro, surprisingly the cup was free ;-) 5) There is one plug in each room with an extention wire that you can use to charge you phones/tablets etc.etc, ideally there should be one plug point near each bed. 6) Euro 10 deposit for the key! 7) Bath towel on rent 8) For all the above I have paid Euro 104 for each night. 9) Rooms are really cramped 10) For getting up to the higher bed there are no steps as normally they should have. But fortunately there is a plastic stool (free of cost!)
2 night business trip Oct 16, 2015
IN
"The best pillow around the hostels"
You don't have to make your sheet for the pillow, bed and blanket, that's the first good point. The pillow is soft and think which is so comfortable. The only bad thing is you have to train to take shower with single hand and in darkness. Because the sensors are less sensible and the tube stops every 10 seconds.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
YIN CHAU
"Close to Museumplein"
This place is within a couple blocks of Museumplein. There was scaffolding over the front of the building but they posted a sign. Typically steep stairs. You have to rent towels. I'm not sure if it is possible to change out your linens if you need to. There is a shared bathroom on each floor and some rooms have private showers, as we did. The room was quite small. With about two inches between the beds we only had some limited walking room. The bed was strangely lumpy and I fell out of bed one morning. They have signs posted for a cafe nearby that offers breakfast. Some limited non-alcoholic beverages and snacks are available at the front desk but you are not supposed to take them to your room. Construction started early every morning. Jackhammers make great alarm clocks.
4 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great staff, location, and accommodation"
I am making a trip through Europe and so far this is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff were really polite, VERY helpful, and friendly. The room was nice and clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The hostel is also in a good location. There are many good restaurants and coffee shops within a 10-15 minute walk. The museums and Iamsterdam sign are 5 minutes away
3 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Dustin
"Good times:)"
Lovely hostel and good beds as far as hostels go.....For the price we paid it is really a bargain. Weekends are busy and prices higher.
Fisher girl
"Friendly staff"
Had a great time and good location. Rent a bike and you will enjoy even more
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
AD
"Friendly and cosy hostel!"
When I first walked in, tired from travelling, I was greeted by two very friendly, warm, and welcoming guys (Cosi and Yassine). They put me at ease straight away and eagerly showed me some tour ideas and places to visit on a map, happily answering my many questions. There was an empty room they gave me which was available although I was originally booked for a shared mixed, and so I felt at home and safe. In the morning coffee and tea were free-flowing in the small and humble reception area, and it was a really pleasant atmosphere where we could chat and chill out. Recommended!!!
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
M

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"格安ドミトリー"
トランジットのために安く泊まれるところを探していました。 ドミトリーですので他のお客さんもいますが、女性専用の部屋だったし特に問題なく過ごせました。 (深夜に帰宅して友達とワイワイしゃべられていたりはありましたが・・・) 全然英語ができない私一人でしたが、フロントのお兄さんも親切でイケメンでよかったです(笑) ベッドが三段ベッドで、私は一番上だったのですが、少し狭く、柵などもなかったので落ちないか少し心配でした。
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
JP
it was awesome!!!the managers were ssososoo noce~~i defenately come again
2 night trip Oct 14, 2015
"그럭저럭 싼 맛에 잘 잤어요"
찾기가 너무 힘들었어요. 그리고 캐리어가 있는 사람들은 계단이 많아서 쫌 힘들 것 같습니다. 다행히 저는 배낭을 들고 다녀서 힘들지는 않았어요. 하지만 저녁에 호스텔을 찾으려니 많이 힘들었습니다. 때마침 와이파이도 안되서 주변에 물어물어 갔어요.
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
eunjung
KR
12인실을 사용했는데 깔끔하고 좋았다. 샤워시설도 괜찮았고 온수도 잘 나와서 만족한다. 위치는 간판이 눈에 띄지 않아서 찾기가 힘들었으나 직원들도 친절하고 대체적으로 만족한다.
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
SHINYEONG
"코스모스"
호스텔로 올라가는 계단이 정말 너무 가팔라요. 그래서 딱 보자마자 술 마시고 들어오면 안되겠구나...이 생각을 했어요. 또 이층 침대가 사다리가 없는 구조에요. 옆에 의자 같은 게 놓여있어서 알아서 올라가야 합니다. 그리고 난간도 없어요. 저는 다행히 2박하는 동안 계속 1층 자리이긴 했지만 1층도 불편한 것이 너무 낮아서 침대에 앉아 허리를 펼 수 가 없어요. 어두컴컴하구요. 또 방은 좁은데 침대를 너무 많이 놔서 답답해요. 따로 쓸 수 있는 락커는 1유로를 줘야 해요. 반고흐 뮤지엄까지는 10분?도 안걸리는 점은 좋았어요. 그리고 스키폴 공항으로 바로 가는 airport express버스가 그 근처에서 탈 수 있어서 그 점도 좋았네요. 다음 날 일찍 공항으로 가야 하는 분들은 여기 1박정도는 괜찮을 듯 해요. 직원분들도 친절한 편입니다.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2015
人和善,地點交通不錯,房間很小很小,衛浴更小,網路極不穩定
4 night trip Aug 27, 2015
HK
"ロケーション、良いです!!!"
場所が良いです!!!コンサートを聴くにも美術館に行くにも最高の場所です。隣の建物の1階にはものすごく材料が良いスープとサラダのお店があるので、胃が疲れたらそこでブランチを頂けます。よる12:30までやっているDe Knijipというオランダ料理のバーレストランもすぐです。 シンバという猫がいて、可愛いです。。 お店の人も聞くと色々な情報を教えてくれます。コスパが良いと思います。シャワーはトイレのすぐ脇で、ちょっと使いづらいかなあと思います。数日滞在には最適かと。。。
1 night trip Aug 19, 2015
JP
"Non proprio centrale ma confortevole."
Ho dormito 2 notti nel dormitorio femminile da 12 letti. Il letto era confortevole e pulito. Sarebbe stato meglio solo 10 letti per avere più spazio personale ma non si sono verificati problemi gravi. L'unico vero problema di questo ostello sono i bagni in comune. C'è un bagno su ogni piano perciò 3 bagni comuni. Sono ristrutturati bene, danno un idea di moderno e pulito, ma ci sono solo 3, per non so quanti ospiti... Uno era fuori servizio durante il mio soggiorno. Ma per fortuna non si sono verificati problemi gravi. Alcuni ospiti però non capiscono la necessità di usare il bagno in tempi più brevi possibili, cioè, i capelli si possono asciugare in camera invece di occupare il bagno! Magari l'ostello potrebbe prendere nota a questo. Lo staff era molto gentile con me. Il wifi è un po' scarso. Comunque è sempre un ostello, ma nella mia esperienza, giudicherei medio-alto, anche perché era piuttosto silenzioso che vale oro in un ostello! Ripeto, questa era la mia esperienza.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Leanne
IT
"그런대로 하루이틀정도는 괜찮아요"
위치는 매우좋아요 museum plein근처 주택가에 위치해 안전하고 조용해요. 다만 암스테르담의 살인적인물가를 감안해서 호스텔 복도.계단이 높고 좁아서 캐리어끌구들어가기엔 많이힘들어요 2인실을 사용했는데 2층침대를 줬지만 침대가 약간 삐그덕 거렸어요 그외엔 그럭저럭 지낼만했구 스탭들도친절하고 괜찮아요
2 night trip May 18, 2015
보빈
KR
"no es un hotel es un hostel"
fatal, esperaba un hotel y no un hostel, me ha parecido muy muy caro para las prestaciones recibidas, nunca habia estado en un hostel , por lo que no tengo referencias para valorarlo como tal
Other trip May 5, 2015
Nuria
ES
"3/5 worth it for a night"
Nice personal, OK location, clean sheets, 24/7 open, fair price for 20€ something.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
SE
"locatie en schone kamers"
Jeugdherberg met basic voorzieningen maar daarom ook zeer goedkoop. Heb de goedkopere kamer genomen en weet eigenlijk niet of er nog andere type kamer bestaat?
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
NL
"Hostel"
Godt nok hotel som er et hostel. Fint hvis du vil spare penge, og kan acceptere at sove sammen med andre i lokalet. Det fungerede fint for mig.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Henning
DK
Hôtel crade a mort, déco des années 80 lit de camp de l'armé, une douche par étage crade a mort, des affaires disparu durant notre absence..des oreiller gonflable...
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2014
flo
FR
"ゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに近い利便性の高いホテル"
***先ず、エクスペディアに苦情を言いたいのだが、クレジットカード使用可能と書いてあるが使用不可でした。きちんと確認した上で表示するように改善してください。 ホテルのロケーションはゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに比較的近くて良かったです。 設備は普通のホステル。 室内はベッドの間隔が狭すぎる。 チェックイン時にいたスタッフの一人は非常に日本人にフレンドリーで色々と教えてくれた。
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Turkey007
"価格に充分見合ったサービス"
以前の口コミにも投稿されているように、とりわけ広いとか快適というわけではありませんが、寝るだけの目的で数泊するのには充分に満足できる場所です。周辺は国立美術館などがありアップタウン近くのためか治安がよさそうです。シャワーが狭いという投稿が以前にありますが、2階のシャワーは確かに狭く、着替えるスペースがありません。空いている時間を狙って3階または4階のシャワーにいけば充分な広さが確保できます。またスタッフによってサービスにムラがあるようで、初日にフロントにいたスペインなまり?のおじさんは丁寧に周辺の観光地を説明してくれましたが、最終日にフロントにいた若いスタッフは「ここから空港へはどう行けば近いか」と聞いたら「中央駅(空港とは間逆に数キロ行ったところ)へトラムで行ってから空港まで電車に乗れ」といったトンチンカンな回答が返ってきました。
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
さばこ
JP
"Alright hostel for youth and backpackers"
Nothing was really good, but nothing really bad neither. I booked 6 days in advance so this was the only place that had vacancies for all my 3 nights. There's another Janson hostel on the same street) this one was 69A, which has a better lobby and rooms. This had steep stairs which makes it harder coming in and out, but ok i had light luggade. There are only 2 showers for maybe 40-50 people, so it's hard to shower or go to the toilet when you want too. One shower is really small, and the other is ok, but the hose and handset are fixed, and no place to hang clothes. No table or anything in the rooms neither, just 4 beds and 1 power outlet for all people, Location is also 30-35 minuts from the center, but as a tourist it's passable. And it's only 7-8 minutes away from bigger crocery stores. I give it 5.5 out of 10. Staff was definetely nice and cosy, that was the best.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
NL

TripAdvisor reviews for Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam

"A fine hostel"
04/25/16 Deirdre H Drogheda, Ireland
I stayed here recently on a trip to Amsterdam. I'm not used to hostels but as I was travelling alone, I did not want to fork out too much for a hotel. My expectations were quite low but I was pleasantly surprised upon staying here. The staff are friendly and when I checked in one of the reception guys (don't know his name) took the time to go through a map of Amsterdam with me and highlighted the places to go and the things to see. He advised me what I should and shouldn't do. He was super helpful and I wasn't expecting this level of customer service from a hostel. Location wise, the Hostel suited my needs. It's a five minute walk to Museumplein which is where the Van Gogh museum is and the Amsterdam sign. If you're looking for nearby restaurants and cafes, then I wouldn't advise staying here. It suited me as I wanted to get the tram into the city centre. It is a quiet area so again, suited me perfectly as that was what I was looking for. The hostel itself is extremely clean and I didn't expect it to be so. Even the communal bathrooms were satisfactorily clean. Overall, I was happy with my stay for the money I paid and I would be happy to recommend this hostel to anyone. If you're looking for a party hostel smack in the centre, then this hostel wouldn't be for you. But if you're a lone traveller like I was, wanting somewhere a bit quieter, then this is the hostel for you.
"Very good location, proffesional and nice staff"
04/20/16 LauraD_Bud Budapest, Hungary
First of all, please note, that it is excellent for this tiny price and my expectations! You should not hope for luxury, this is a real budget hostel. It is few steps from Concert Hall at Museumplien. I enjoyed the perfect location. Good spot to start a tourist day. Rijks Museum, Van Gogh Museum and other sights are really steps away(3corners?). I was bit afraid that for cca 5 rooms there is one bathroom, but they must be cleaning it many times a day, cause it was almost all the time mopped. In busy times (20-22 when everybody showers) it is not easy to get into bathroom, neither is it perfectly clean, but out of peaktime it is clean. You even find bleach on top of toilet, if needed. The parts I've seen are new or renewed. I loved it! Once again for this price my expectations were really low! I was a bit concerd about sleeping with 11 stranger women, but roommates were nice. The Reception said, They are sensitive about Guest. At the front desk, many items are available, snacks, toothbrush, towel, bubblebath, shampoo, softdrink, tea, coffee etc Oh and did I mention Simba? 😊She is a cat, sometimes sitting on top of the front desk. All in all for this money, in this part of city (10 min walk from lovely Vondel Park?), it was indeed exellent!
"Hostel Cosmos"
03/30/16 Katherine F
Liked the location, only a five minute walk to the famous museumplein which is a huge attraction when visiting Amsterdam. There is a tram stop pretty much across the road from which there are two trams that take you to the centre of the city within 20 minutes. I was in a room of 12 which had triple bunks. The room was spacious enough with a basin however the hostel only contains four small bathrooms which makes it very difficult in the mornings and evenings. Quite expensive for the basic amenities. No communal space to relax so you were very limited to your room when in the hostel. People at reception were very helpful and kind. Would recommend but advise to book early to get a cheaper deal.
"Cleaners saving grace"
03/14/16 amberbakker1 Nha Trang, Vietnam
Initially I was going to leave this place a scathing review - quite far (walking) from the city centre, no real nice cafes, shops or much of anything near by. Tram stops are quite close but nobody in staff inform you how to actually get a ticket, it has to be on a pre purchased card with credit. The rooms are quite cramped and small, the bathroom is one toilet and shower between 6 beds which is reasonable except that it's completely in need of a refurbish. No real common room, the stairs are almost too small to fit any stuff up and staff are in no real hurry to help much of anything. Lockers to hire upon check out (I've never paid for storage in my life at a hostel) are very limited and €3 per bag per day, us and about 5 other people were not fortunate enough to be able to get any storage. We were told "central station has storage" which is a lovely 35 minute walk and costs €8 for the largest sized locker which won't fit a suitcase. Hotel Washington down the road held all our stuff for the day, let us charge our phones and use their bathroom for €2 for 5 bags and 3 people. Only bright side was I left my tablet in the room and staff quickly notified me even though they broke the tablet case and told me they found an iPad when it's quite clearly not.
"A place to rest your head"
02/26/16 Sarahc011
We stayed here many years ago in a shared dorm room, it was quite adequate with clean sheets and hot showers, perfect for what we needed. I remember the stairs being very steep and interesting to negotiate after a night out but we managed fine and added to the experience of Amsterdam.
"Fair price for resting place"
02/22/16 Inés Y Lyon, France
In a great part of town close to trams and museums, straightforward payment method and great explanations by he reception guys of what to do and where. Very nice way to meet new people as well. If you are looking for a cheap, central and good place to stay this is the one.
"It's okay"
02/07/16 Luca H Graz, Austria
It's easy to find and in a good location. The staff was wasn't everytime friendly , but they helped,when we needed something. The room and the bathroom was clean, just somebody opened the window every afternoon and turn off the heat, so at the evening was cold af... But for this price is the place perfectly fine.
"Poor srvice"
02/02/16 Madalena S
Overall the hostel is bad. The staff members are extremely rude ( all of them). They do not keep bags so if your flight is in the afternoon you need to carry your luggage all day long. There is only on toilet per floor so you need to wait because there are always people queuing. The reception are has a horrible smell probably because of the cat that they have. It was the worst hostel that I ever stayed. I am sure that you can find something better!
"Terrible"
02/02/16 Matildanzp
The guys in the reception are rude and lazy. The reception is closed most of the time. The hostel is completely overpriced, they have a cat that pees everywhere. I was complaining in the reception about the poor service and the receptionist answer me "you are in amesterdam, smoke a joint and relax". How can I relax if the place is dirty and smells like fish because of the cat pee. DO NOT STAY HERE!
"Not recommended"
02/02/16 mariarcruz Portugal
I had a terrible experience in cosmos hostel. I booked a room just for girls and I had the housekeeping guys entering the room all the time without knocking, the room was dirty and smelly. You need to wait to go to the toilet, there are always people queuing. The staff is the rudest that I ever met. I would not stay here again not even for free. In the check in the guy in the reception did not mention anything about check out details, and in the day we go out, at 11h30 a.m., they say they would not give us back the guarantee that we paid in the check in because we should read in the wall of the hostel that check out is at 10am, even without mentioned by anyone. In addition they do not even keep bags durona last day because they "are not an hotel".