All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Frans van Mierisstraat 69-A1HG, Amsterdam, 1071 RL, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel Janson"
An excellent place to rest your head and sleep. Don't expect too much in the way of socializing, but the location is great for the price.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Very average hostel. Good location though far from the center. Breakfast is not worth bothering. Nice staff, but very noisy and tiny rooms. No towels provided, which was a bit disappointing
Other trip Jul 7, 2013

"The best pillow around the hostels"
You don't have to make your sheet for the pillow, bed and blanket, that's the first good point. The pillow is soft and think which is so comfortable. The only bad thing is you have to train to take shower with single hand and in darkness. Because the sensors are less sensible and the tube stops every 10 seconds.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
YIN CHAU
"Close to Museumplein"
This place is within a couple blocks of Museumplein. There was scaffolding over the front of the building but they posted a sign. Typically steep stairs. You have to rent towels. I'm not sure if it is possible to change out your linens if you need to. There is a shared bathroom on each floor and some rooms have private showers, as we did. The room was quite small. With about two inches between the beds we only had some limited walking room. The bed was strangely lumpy and I fell out of bed one morning. They have signs posted for a cafe nearby that offers breakfast. Some limited non-alcoholic beverages and snacks are available at the front desk but you are not supposed to take them to your room. Construction started early every morning. Jackhammers make great alarm clocks.
4 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great staff, location, and accommodation"
I am making a trip through Europe and so far this is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff were really polite, VERY helpful, and friendly. The room was nice and clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The hostel is also in a good location. There are many good restaurants and coffee shops within a 10-15 minute walk. The museums and Iamsterdam sign are 5 minutes away
3 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Dustin
"Good times:)"
Lovely hostel and good beds as far as hostels go.....For the price we paid it is really a bargain. Weekends are busy and prices higher.
Fisher girl
"Friendly staff"
Had a great time and good location. Rent a bike and you will enjoy even more
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
AD
"Friendly and cosy hostel!"
When I first walked in, tired from travelling, I was greeted by two very friendly, warm, and welcoming guys (Cosi and Yassine). They put me at ease straight away and eagerly showed me some tour ideas and places to visit on a map, happily answering my many questions. There was an empty room they gave me which was available although I was originally booked for a shared mixed, and so I felt at home and safe. In the morning coffee and tea were free-flowing in the small and humble reception area, and it was a really pleasant atmosphere where we could chat and chill out. Recommended!!!
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
M

"ロケーション、良いです!!!"
場所が良いです!!!コンサートを聴くにも美術館に行くにも最高の場所です。隣の建物の1階にはものすごく材料が良いスープとサラダのお店があるので、胃が疲れたらそこでブランチを頂けます。よる12:30までやっているDe Knijipというオランダ料理のバーレストランもすぐです。 シンバという猫がいて、可愛いです。。 お店の人も聞くと色々な情報を教えてくれます。コスパが良いと思います。シャワーはトイレのすぐ脇で、ちょっと使いづらいかなあと思います。数日滞在には最適かと。。。
1 night trip Aug 19, 2015
JP
"Non proprio centrale ma confortevole."
Ho dormito 2 notti nel dormitorio femminile da 12 letti. Il letto era confortevole e pulito. Sarebbe stato meglio solo 10 letti per avere più spazio personale ma non si sono verificati problemi gravi. L'unico vero problema di questo ostello sono i bagni in comune. C'è un bagno su ogni piano perciò 3 bagni comuni. Sono ristrutturati bene, danno un idea di moderno e pulito, ma ci sono solo 3, per non so quanti ospiti... Uno era fuori servizio durante il mio soggiorno. Ma per fortuna non si sono verificati problemi gravi. Alcuni ospiti però non capiscono la necessità di usare il bagno in tempi più brevi possibili, cioè, i capelli si possono asciugare in camera invece di occupare il bagno! Magari l'ostello potrebbe prendere nota a questo. Lo staff era molto gentile con me. Il wifi è un po' scarso. Comunque è sempre un ostello, ma nella mia esperienza, giudicherei medio-alto, anche perché era piuttosto silenzioso che vale oro in un ostello! Ripeto, questa era la mia esperienza.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Leanne
IT
"그런대로 하루이틀정도는 괜찮아요"
위치는 매우좋아요 museum plein근처 주택가에 위치해 안전하고 조용해요. 다만 암스테르담의 살인적인물가를 감안해서 호스텔 복도.계단이 높고 좁아서 캐리어끌구들어가기엔 많이힘들어요 2인실을 사용했는데 2층침대를 줬지만 침대가 약간 삐그덕 거렸어요 그외엔 그럭저럭 지낼만했구 스탭들도친절하고 괜찮아요
2 night trip May 18, 2015
보빈
KR
"no es un hotel es un hostel"
fatal, esperaba un hotel y no un hostel, me ha parecido muy muy caro para las prestaciones recibidas, nunca habia estado en un hostel , por lo que no tengo referencias para valorarlo como tal
Other trip May 5, 2015
Nuria
ES
"3/5 worth it for a night"
Nice personal, OK location, clean sheets, 24/7 open, fair price for 20€ something.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
SE
"locatie en schone kamers"
Jeugdherberg met basic voorzieningen maar daarom ook zeer goedkoop. Heb de goedkopere kamer genomen en weet eigenlijk niet of er nog andere type kamer bestaat?
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
NL
"Hostel"
Godt nok hotel som er et hostel. Fint hvis du vil spare penge, og kan acceptere at sove sammen med andre i lokalet. Det fungerede fint for mig.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Henning
DK
Hôtel crade a mort, déco des années 80 lit de camp de l'armé, une douche par étage crade a mort, des affaires disparu durant notre absence..des oreiller gonflable...
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2014
flo
FR
"ゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに近い利便性の高いホテル"
***先ず、エクスペディアに苦情を言いたいのだが、クレジットカード使用可能と書いてあるが使用不可でした。きちんと確認した上で表示するように改善してください。 ホテルのロケーションはゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに比較的近くて良かったです。 設備は普通のホステル。 室内はベッドの間隔が狭すぎる。 チェックイン時にいたスタッフの一人は非常に日本人にフレンドリーで色々と教えてくれた。
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Turkey007
"価格に充分見合ったサービス"
以前の口コミにも投稿されているように、とりわけ広いとか快適というわけではありませんが、寝るだけの目的で数泊するのには充分に満足できる場所です。周辺は国立美術館などがありアップタウン近くのためか治安がよさそうです。シャワーが狭いという投稿が以前にありますが、2階のシャワーは確かに狭く、着替えるスペースがありません。空いている時間を狙って3階または4階のシャワーにいけば充分な広さが確保できます。またスタッフによってサービスにムラがあるようで、初日にフロントにいたスペインなまり?のおじさんは丁寧に周辺の観光地を説明してくれましたが、最終日にフロントにいた若いスタッフは「ここから空港へはどう行けば近いか」と聞いたら「中央駅(空港とは間逆に数キロ行ったところ)へトラムで行ってから空港まで電車に乗れ」といったトンチンカンな回答が返ってきました。
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
さばこ
JP
"Alright hostel for youth and backpackers"
Nothing was really good, but nothing really bad neither. I booked 6 days in advance so this was the only place that had vacancies for all my 3 nights. There's another Janson hostel on the same street) this one was 69A, which has a better lobby and rooms. This had steep stairs which makes it harder coming in and out, but ok i had light luggade. There are only 2 showers for maybe 40-50 people, so it's hard to shower or go to the toilet when you want too. One shower is really small, and the other is ok, but the hose and handset are fixed, and no place to hang clothes. No table or anything in the rooms neither, just 4 beds and 1 power outlet for all people, Location is also 30-35 minuts from the center, but as a tourist it's passable. And it's only 7-8 minutes away from bigger crocery stores. I give it 5.5 out of 10. Staff was definetely nice and cosy, that was the best.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
FI
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
NL

TripAdvisor reviews for Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam

"Not a good place to stay "
08/27/15 Juliette M
First of all it is expensive for no service in return! There is no place to hang out except on your own bed, no kitchen or even a coffee machine. There is only three bathrooms in the hostel with the toilets included and the WiFi didn't work! So even if it is located in a nice neighbourhood we do not recommand it!
"Avoid this place"
08/20/15 Chloe-S-US Washington DC, District of Columbia
First of all, this place is WAY overpriced. The rooms are tiny, no steps to top bunk, bathroom disgusting and smelly. No lockers in the rooms and NO OUTLETS. Staff was rude, wouldn't even let us sit in the common area. Overcharged for every small thing. Avoid this at all costs!!!!!
"Beware of being ripped off!!"
08/10/15 alli126 Derbyshire, United Kingdom
i have just stayed at this hostel for three nights. Firstly the accommodation was fine and had good access by tram to the city centre. When I got there I wanted to pay for my accommodation by debit card but they told me if I didn't pay cash they would charge me the equivalent of accommodation for 5 people. That meant I had to find a bank in order to pay. I didn't receive any paperwork telling me when I needed to check out so I ended up being half an hour late checking out. As a result I lost 70 euro deposit. I felt the staff were very underhand and misleading. If you stay here please ask the right questions or else you will lose money.
"Tiny but was clean and did the job"
08/07/15 Katie B Belfast, United Kingdom
I stayed with a group of 6 18y/o girls on a backpacking trip round Europe. The location was great, close to Leidseplein and the metro. We were also offered bicycle hire at a fairly reasonable price, and it saved us having to try and find an independent hire shop elsewhere in the city. The staff were really friendly and were more than willing to recommend restaurants and night life. The room was impeccably clean, including bed sheets. The main downside was the size of the room. We stayed in a 8 person dorm composed of 4 bunk beds, and there was barely room to move. There was also barely enough space underneath beds for our backpacks, so the girls on the top bunks ended up sleeping with their bags beside them. The cramped space wasn't as much of a problem because our group of friends made up the majority of the room, but I expect if the room was full of strangers you'd all feel conscious of invading each others space. There were no ladders for top bunks, which provided some entertainment as we tried to hoist each other up. We had a bathroom attached which, although small, was an advantage. Better for us than a hostel which say has only 1 communal bathroom per floor! For the money we paid and comparing this to other hostels we stayed in across Europe, I would have expected a bit more space to feel more comfortable.It works if you only need somewhere to sleep for a night or two!
"Works for a night"
08/01/15 Vilde Sakshaug H
Central location, calm area. Rudimental facilities, no breakfast/cooking option, no common areas, warm water and showers not optimal. Rooms were small, but staff very helpful and friendly. All in all very basic, but works for a night.
"Room was extremely packed. Location was good though."
07/29/15 Aisya S Bradford, United Kingdom
The arrangement of the beds were horrendous! Too many beds were crammed in one room. Highly uncomfortable. The hostel is okay for a one night stop. If you're staying for longer time, I do not recommend it. The location however was extremely convenient. Good restaurants can be found in the area.
"Rude staff, communal area closed without us knowing, couldn't leave bags there for the day"
07/27/15 Annakarpo
When we arrived we were told that the communal area (where we planned to hang out, meet people, get breakfast) was closed for renovation. We were not told this prior to our visit and it meant that we had no where to sit and relax, especially since the bunk beds in our room were too low to sit on without banging our heads! The staff were completely unapologetic and rude about this. Also, when we checked out we were told that we could not leave our bags at the hostel for the day (as our flight was at 9.30pm and the checkout is at 10am). This was extremely inconvenient as we wanted to spend the day cycling around the city, and couldn't do so with all our luggage! Again, the staff were really rude about this, and what made it worse was that when we checked in they said that we could leave our luggage there for a small fee, and they then suddenly told us we couldn't do this as we were leaving! If they were honest with us from the start, we would have planned the trip differently to accommodate this inconvenience. It was also very unfair, as another guest was allowed to store their luggage the day before - they were completely inconsistent. The staff gave us no other option than to travel all the way across the city with our luggage to leave it at the train station for the day, which cost us both money and time. We had to change our plans so that we left time to make our way back to the train station, then travel back across the city to the airport. The only positive thing about this hostel was the wifi.
"Didn’t Let Me In, Then Blamed Me for Knocking! (This Happens “Once a Day”)"
07/21/15 Jacob D Brooklyn, New York, United States
Do not stay here if you want to be able to enter your room without a massive confrontation! When I checked in, I was told that guests do not receive a key to the front door, but that this was not a problem because “someone is always here.” This proved not to be the case at a time no later than midnight; when I rang the doorbell, no answer. I rang again, and again, again. Then I knocked on the door, loudly enough that someone inside could have heard me. Immediately the person at the counter poked his head outside, but instead of opening the door, he said, “c’mon, man, we have a doorbell!” I told him I rang the doorbell four times and had not been allowed in—he seemed previously unaware of this, which supports my theory that the doorbell was broken. I really believe that if I hadn’t knocked, I would have been standing there all night. He said “we have neighbors,” as if the noise of my knocking was the loudest thing happening on that Amsterdam street. Ironically, he was shouting this to me out the window! He told me to relax, at which point I told him I would relax as soon as he allowed me to enter the hostel where I had paid to stay, which he still hadn’t done! This back-and-forth lasted about a minute. Then he finally told me to ring the doorbell again so I could enter. I did, but then he asked me to ring it another time, further evidence that he wasn’t able to hear the doorbell. However buzzing me in did work, he didn’t have to come down. When I entered the hostel I stated that it was unacceptable that no one had been there to answer the doorbell as promised. By this time he had a story that he had gone to help another guest with his beds, as if that was supposed to make it okay that no one was there to let me in. I do not believe this because he did not respond to the doorbell four times, but then immediately responded when I knocked audibly on the door, which seems very coincidental. In any case, I reminded him that it was not my responsibility if the hostel did not have adequate staffing such that one employee could be assisting guests while another was allowing them to enter! He eventually told me “you are right” (as if that was in question) but kept telling me condescendingly to “calm down” instead of in any way apologizing for failing to live up to the hostel’s basic obligation to allow its paying guests to enter the premises! At that point someone else (who may or may not have been a member of the hostel staff) chimed in to say that situations like this happen “once a day.” That suggests to me that they happen at least once a day. It is likely that I was speaking at a higher volume than normal, and I was certainly upset about the situation, but what I actually said wasn’t disrespectful until the very end of the confrontation, when my gracious host told me I could have damaged the door by knocking, at which point I told him that was bull$#%* and he was full of $#%* and walked upstairs to my room. Either the door is so weak that it can’t withstand a knock (in which case I would advise not staying there for security reasons!) or he was making something up to try to win a pointless fight with me. So by all means stay at Cosmos Hotel if you look forward to being treated in this way.
"Worst hostel ever"
07/10/15 André B
This place is the worst you can get when it comes to accommodation. Don't bother, look elsewhere, worst accommodation experience of my life. A lot worse than what's depicted in the photos, extremely rude and unhelpful staff, extremely dirty, extremely expensive. I really cannot find enough negative adjectives to describe this place. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this place, I really can't stress this enough.
"Good for a bed and a shower"
07/08/15 575ceciliaf London
If you're travelling solo and looking for a bit of fun and atmosphere this probably isn't the best place! There is no common room which I think has a massive impact on how social the dorm rooms are, as there's no other point of contact with the people you're sharing with! The room I stayed in had a very loud creaky door and it was not easy to close either. However, most of the staff were very helpful and it's in a very good location. The bathrooms were new and always very clean.