All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Frans van Mierisstraat 69-A1HG, Amsterdam, 1071 RL, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel Janson"
An excellent place to rest your head and sleep. Don't expect too much in the way of socializing, but the location is great for the price.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Very average hostel. Good location though far from the center. Breakfast is not worth bothering. Nice staff, but very noisy and tiny rooms. No towels provided, which was a bit disappointing
Other trip Jul 7, 2013

"The best pillow around the hostels"
You don't have to make your sheet for the pillow, bed and blanket, that's the first good point. The pillow is soft and think which is so comfortable. The only bad thing is you have to train to take shower with single hand and in darkness. Because the sensors are less sensible and the tube stops every 10 seconds.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
YIN CHAU
"Close to Museumplein"
This place is within a couple blocks of Museumplein. There was scaffolding over the front of the building but they posted a sign. Typically steep stairs. You have to rent towels. I'm not sure if it is possible to change out your linens if you need to. There is a shared bathroom on each floor and some rooms have private showers, as we did. The room was quite small. With about two inches between the beds we only had some limited walking room. The bed was strangely lumpy and I fell out of bed one morning. They have signs posted for a cafe nearby that offers breakfast. Some limited non-alcoholic beverages and snacks are available at the front desk but you are not supposed to take them to your room. Construction started early every morning. Jackhammers make great alarm clocks.
4 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great staff, location, and accommodation"
I am making a trip through Europe and so far this is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff were really polite, VERY helpful, and friendly. The room was nice and clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The hostel is also in a good location. There are many good restaurants and coffee shops within a 10-15 minute walk. The museums and Iamsterdam sign are 5 minutes away
3 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Dustin
"Good times:)"
Lovely hostel and good beds as far as hostels go.....For the price we paid it is really a bargain. Weekends are busy and prices higher.
Fisher girl
"Friendly staff"
Had a great time and good location. Rent a bike and you will enjoy even more
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
AD
"Friendly and cosy hostel!"
When I first walked in, tired from travelling, I was greeted by two very friendly, warm, and welcoming guys (Cosi and Yassine). They put me at ease straight away and eagerly showed me some tour ideas and places to visit on a map, happily answering my many questions. There was an empty room they gave me which was available although I was originally booked for a shared mixed, and so I felt at home and safe. In the morning coffee and tea were free-flowing in the small and humble reception area, and it was a really pleasant atmosphere where we could chat and chill out. Recommended!!!
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
M

"그런대로 하루이틀정도는 괜찮아요"
위치는 매우좋아요 museum plein근처 주택가에 위치해 안전하고 조용해요. 다만 암스테르담의 살인적인물가를 감안해서 호스텔 복도.계단이 높고 좁아서 캐리어끌구들어가기엔 많이힘들어요 2인실을 사용했는데 2층침대를 줬지만 침대가 약간 삐그덕 거렸어요 그외엔 그럭저럭 지낼만했구 스탭들도친절하고 괜찮아요
2 night trip May 18, 2015
보빈
KR
"3/5 worth it for a night"
Nice personal, OK location, clean sheets, 24/7 open, fair price for 20€ something.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
SE
"locatie en schone kamers"
Jeugdherberg met basic voorzieningen maar daarom ook zeer goedkoop. Heb de goedkopere kamer genomen en weet eigenlijk niet of er nog andere type kamer bestaat?
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
NL
"Hostel"
Godt nok hotel som er et hostel. Fint hvis du vil spare penge, og kan acceptere at sove sammen med andre i lokalet. Det fungerede fint for mig.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Henning
DK
Hôtel crade a mort, déco des années 80 lit de camp de l'armé, une douche par étage crade a mort, des affaires disparu durant notre absence..des oreiller gonflable...
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2014
flo
FR
"ゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに近い利便性の高いホテル"
***先ず、エクスペディアに苦情を言いたいのだが、クレジットカード使用可能と書いてあるが使用不可でした。きちんと確認した上で表示するように改善してください。 ホテルのロケーションはゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに比較的近くて良かったです。 設備は普通のホステル。 室内はベッドの間隔が狭すぎる。 チェックイン時にいたスタッフの一人は非常に日本人にフレンドリーで色々と教えてくれた。
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Turkey007
JP
"価格に充分見合ったサービス"
以前の口コミにも投稿されているように、とりわけ広いとか快適というわけではありませんが、寝るだけの目的で数泊するのには充分に満足できる場所です。周辺は国立美術館などがありアップタウン近くのためか治安がよさそうです。シャワーが狭いという投稿が以前にありますが、2階のシャワーは確かに狭く、着替えるスペースがありません。空いている時間を狙って3階または4階のシャワーにいけば充分な広さが確保できます。またスタッフによってサービスにムラがあるようで、初日にフロントにいたスペインなまり?のおじさんは丁寧に周辺の観光地を説明してくれましたが、最終日にフロントにいた若いスタッフは「ここから空港へはどう行けば近いか」と聞いたら「中央駅(空港とは間逆に数キロ行ったところ)へトラムで行ってから空港まで電車に乗れ」といったトンチンカンな回答が返ってきました。
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
さばこ
JP
"Alright hostel for youth and backpackers"
Nothing was really good, but nothing really bad neither. I booked 6 days in advance so this was the only place that had vacancies for all my 3 nights. There's another Janson hostel on the same street) this one was 69A, which has a better lobby and rooms. This had steep stairs which makes it harder coming in and out, but ok i had light luggade. There are only 2 showers for maybe 40-50 people, so it's hard to shower or go to the toilet when you want too. One shower is really small, and the other is ok, but the hose and handset are fixed, and no place to hang clothes. No table or anything in the rooms neither, just 4 beds and 1 power outlet for all people, Location is also 30-35 minuts from the center, but as a tourist it's passable. And it's only 7-8 minutes away from bigger crocery stores. I give it 5.5 out of 10. Staff was definetely nice and cosy, that was the best.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
NL

TripAdvisor reviews for Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam

"Good night rest. "
05/23/15 Priscilla K
I stayed here for just one night in the 12 bed dormitory. Yeah, it's a bit packed but it wasn't too bad really. It's perfect for sleeping and getting back on the road. Our room faced the road, I was worried that it might get pretty noisy but it was cool. Slept soundly. The room was clean with clean sheets and clean bathroom (shared). The price was good as well, especially booking a day before. It was easy getting there from Amsterdam Centraal. Not too far. I took a cab cos it was late and I'm geographically impaired but with the tram, it's much cheaper. The hostel is close to the museum district, a walking distance of about 10 mins. The staff was friendly and helpful in pointing out where to go and how to get around. Only offside is that there's no storage for your luggage. You have to pay (3€ at time of this post 6hrs)
"Don't bother, look elsewhere."
05/20/15 668samuelo London, United Kingdom
Our duration was 4 nights. Got kicked out before the4th night. Rooms was smaller than perceived in photo. Wasn't allowed guest knowing we were tourist. Rude and disrespectful customer service overall.
"Solid hostel"
05/12/15 Tanton J Logan, Utah
Stayed in the 6 bed private room. Legit experience. Cheapest beds we could find in Amsterdam hands down. Guys that worked the front desk were legit. Great advice on how to see the city. No breakfast option, which would be nice, but you can't ask for everything for this price. Locker cost 1 euro also, which is....meh. Overall the best option for staying in Amsterdam if you're looking to go cheap though.
"Much better than expected! "
04/27/15 Jess A Chester, United Kingdom
After reading many of the reviews on Cosmos hostel when me and my friend arrived we weren't expecting anything particularly nice. However, must say we were both pleasantly surprised :) The man on the reception was very polite and gave us a map circling all the places we wanted to go, and even writing down the buses and trams we would need. Our bedroom was very simplistic, but we wouldn't expect anything else - maybe hangers would be nice but I guess most visitors are used to living out of their suitcase. I've read many of the comments about the bunk beds however out bunk bed came with steps to the top bunk, maybe it is only the dormitories that don't have these!? I was very apprehensive about having a shared bathroom, but it was clean the entire 4 days we were there. My only little moans would be the fact the light would turn itself off what felt like every 2 mins, meaning I had to open the shower and give my hand a good wave every so often to turn it back on! And also I hated the tap in the shower, it's one of the ones you have to hold down to get water, not ideal and also meaning you only get boiling hot water as there is only one hot tap in there and it lasts all of 3 seconds! The decoration is definitely unique, but we liked it and thought it simply added character to the hostel. Reading the reviews it seems there is a real contrast between staying in the dorm and a separate room so I'd definitely recommend your own room if your a picky individual - which is why we did this. Finally my only other issue is that the hostel is home to their beloved cat... I was totally unaware of this and probably would not have stayed here if I knew this , as I am horrendously allergic to pets and consequently spent my 4 day visit with red puffy eyes and a bright red runny nose, certainly not ideal. But was otherwise and lovely stay and if not for the cat would happily stay again :)
"Bikes, Boats, and Stroop Waffle"
04/23/15 Heather B London, United Kingdom
I loved spending time at the Hotel Cosmos in Amsterdam! My friend and I arrived a little later at night so we were pretty exhausted, but the front desk workers were very friendly and happy to give us advice. They reached for a map right away and directed us to all the places we should see, as well as gave us advice on how to get around town and what to expect from the city. There was a mishap with our room booking but the room we were put in was still awesome and they gave us free Stroop Waffle for our troubles; make sure you try some while you're in Amsterdam!
"Not worth the money"
04/13/15 Kanishk A
I paid 25 euros per night which was expensive in itself. Staircase was very narrow and very hard to climb. I tipped over while I was climbing. I got a top bed and it was impossible to climb up to the bed without using a chair. Once I laid down on the bed, there was hardly any room to turn sideways. There was danger of falling down. The lockers were not free as well. This was the first time in my tour that I had to pay for the locker. Also, on the day of check out if I wanted to keep the bag there was charge of 3 euros for 6 hours. That was ridiculous. There were only 2 showers for 3 floors. Every floor has 3 rooms with 12 beds in it. So, there were 2 bathrooms for 108 people. I had to wait for 1 hour in the morning to use the bathroom. Once, I get inside the bathroom, I couldn't take a shower. The water coming out was boiling hot. One cannot stay in there for more than 10 seconds. My skin was burnt. When it comes to breakfast, they were charging like 4.95 and it was very specific breakfast. 2 pieces of bread, butter, 1 glass of juice and 1 cup of tea or coffee. If I wanted more, I had to pay extra. All the other hostels I have been to were providing all you can eat breakfast. I would suggest to pay a bit more and go to another hostel. This is by far the worst hostel ever.
"Poor facilities"
04/06/15 Catherine B Bristol, United Kingdom
The hostel was clean and in a good location, close to the museums and a tram stop, but not much going on at night. However the hostel only had two (very cramped) bathrooms which meant long queues in the morning. As well as this the bunk beds did not have ladders or sides to them. Furthermore the hostel was extortionate for what we got.
"Better than expected"
03/07/15 Bryzs Manchester, United Kingdom
Because of the low prices my expectations weren't very high to begin with. But my opinion rapidly changed, it was easy to find, a two minute walk from the Museumplein tram stop, 10 minutes on the tram from centraal station, in the center of the museum square and near the I amsterdam sign. I stayed with friends in a 6 bedroom dorm, beds were comfy and clean, although I would suggest ladders for the beds as climbing onto the bunk above someone you don't know could be awkward. Staff were helpful when checking in, showed us places to go by circling them on a map and told us about a nice cafe just up the road which was delicious. We were quite lucky with our roommates who were also travelers and friendly and respectable. We didn't spend that much time in the hostel but I felt me and my belongings were safe there, we kept our bags in the lockers during the day. We also rented bikes from the hostel which were good prices. Toilets were nice and clean. Overall an enjoyable stay
"room was okay but bad staff"
02/22/15 James W Truro
when i arrived i had been walking around amsterdam for about 3 hours looking for the place, my own fault as i have no phone and only a map, but when i arrived there worn out after a 10 hour bus journey (and all i wanted was a nice warm shower and to sit down!) i was told to leave again and come back 3 hours later (in february it was freezing) i wasnt allowed to leave my bags there either. when i came back he signed me in, there was no hellos or welcomes or how are yous, it was so awkward, just silence other than the questions he needed. the room was fine, beds quite comfy a sink and a mirror in the room and a nice hot shower shared between each floor. at some time in the morning i was awoken by building works going on outside the hostel very loud very annoying and then a staff member started changing the bunk bed sheets above me whilst listening to his ipod and being very loud and not saying sorry or anything just rude! also there was no lounge or anything so if you werent sitting on your bed there was nowhere to be. i would probably go to one of the flying pig hostels or one with a social room next time i go as amsterdam is great! also i would say the location is okay its in the meseum district and the shops.
"staying was good"
01/28/15 katsiarynas2015 Minsk, Belarus
Next time I will be in Amsterdam - I will defenetly stay here. Great location, 30 mins walking from a Central Station, great staff, clean rooms and bathrooms and lovely female cat named Simba :) Thank you guys!!!