All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Regular internet service
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Hotel Janson"
An excellent place to rest your head and sleep. Don't expect too much in the way of socializing, but the location is great for the price.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
Very average hostel. Good location though far from the center. Breakfast is not worth bothering. Nice staff, but very noisy and tiny rooms. No towels provided, which was a bit disappointing
Other trip Jul 7, 2013

"Stay only if you do not have an option !"
There are a few things which I would like to highlight as below: 1) Staff is ok, they try to be helpful, upon request i was allotted a lower bed. (this was mentioned while booking and also I had called 3 days prior to my satay, as I have to take care of my back) 2) There is one common bathroom with toilet on each floor, and NOT in each room. So one bathroom for say about 20 guests or so 3) The bathroom on the 2nd and 3rd floor has a knob which you have to press each time for having a continuous flow of water, I press means about 20 seconds of flow! 4) I wanted to have some hot water and I had to use the vending machine paying 1 Euro, surprisingly the cup was free ;-) 5) There is one plug in each room with an extention wire that you can use to charge you phones/tablets etc.etc, ideally there should be one plug point near each bed. 6) Euro 10 deposit for the key! 7) Bath towel on rent 8) For all the above I have paid Euro 104 for each night. 9) Rooms are really cramped 10) For getting up to the higher bed there are no steps as normally they should have. But fortunately there is a plastic stool (free of cost!)
2 night business trip Oct 16, 2015
IN
"The best pillow around the hostels"
You don't have to make your sheet for the pillow, bed and blanket, that's the first good point. The pillow is soft and think which is so comfortable. The only bad thing is you have to train to take shower with single hand and in darkness. Because the sensors are less sensible and the tube stops every 10 seconds.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
YIN CHAU
"Close to Museumplein"
This place is within a couple blocks of Museumplein. There was scaffolding over the front of the building but they posted a sign. Typically steep stairs. You have to rent towels. I'm not sure if it is possible to change out your linens if you need to. There is a shared bathroom on each floor and some rooms have private showers, as we did. The room was quite small. With about two inches between the beds we only had some limited walking room. The bed was strangely lumpy and I fell out of bed one morning. They have signs posted for a cafe nearby that offers breakfast. Some limited non-alcoholic beverages and snacks are available at the front desk but you are not supposed to take them to your room. Construction started early every morning. Jackhammers make great alarm clocks.
4 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great staff, location, and accommodation"
I am making a trip through Europe and so far this is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff were really polite, VERY helpful, and friendly. The room was nice and clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The hostel is also in a good location. There are many good restaurants and coffee shops within a 10-15 minute walk. The museums and Iamsterdam sign are 5 minutes away
3 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Dustin
"Good times:)"
Lovely hostel and good beds as far as hostels go.....For the price we paid it is really a bargain. Weekends are busy and prices higher.
Fisher girl
"Friendly staff"
Had a great time and good location. Rent a bike and you will enjoy even more
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
AD
"Friendly and cosy hostel!"
When I first walked in, tired from travelling, I was greeted by two very friendly, warm, and welcoming guys (Cosi and Yassine). They put me at ease straight away and eagerly showed me some tour ideas and places to visit on a map, happily answering my many questions. There was an empty room they gave me which was available although I was originally booked for a shared mixed, and so I felt at home and safe. In the morning coffee and tea were free-flowing in the small and humble reception area, and it was a really pleasant atmosphere where we could chat and chill out. Recommended!!!
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
M

it was awesome!!!the managers were ssososoo noce~~i defenately come again
2 night trip Oct 14, 2015
"그럭저럭 싼 맛에 잘 잤어요"
찾기가 너무 힘들었어요. 그리고 캐리어가 있는 사람들은 계단이 많아서 쫌 힘들 것 같습니다. 다행히 저는 배낭을 들고 다녀서 힘들지는 않았어요. 하지만 저녁에 호스텔을 찾으려니 많이 힘들었습니다. 때마침 와이파이도 안되서 주변에 물어물어 갔어요.
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
eunjung
KR
12인실을 사용했는데 깔끔하고 좋았다. 샤워시설도 괜찮았고 온수도 잘 나와서 만족한다. 위치는 간판이 눈에 띄지 않아서 찾기가 힘들었으나 직원들도 친절하고 대체적으로 만족한다.
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
SHINYEONG
"코스모스"
호스텔로 올라가는 계단이 정말 너무 가팔라요. 그래서 딱 보자마자 술 마시고 들어오면 안되겠구나...이 생각을 했어요. 또 이층 침대가 사다리가 없는 구조에요. 옆에 의자 같은 게 놓여있어서 알아서 올라가야 합니다. 그리고 난간도 없어요. 저는 다행히 2박하는 동안 계속 1층 자리이긴 했지만 1층도 불편한 것이 너무 낮아서 침대에 앉아 허리를 펼 수 가 없어요. 어두컴컴하구요. 또 방은 좁은데 침대를 너무 많이 놔서 답답해요. 따로 쓸 수 있는 락커는 1유로를 줘야 해요. 반고흐 뮤지엄까지는 10분?도 안걸리는 점은 좋았어요. 그리고 스키폴 공항으로 바로 가는 airport express버스가 그 근처에서 탈 수 있어서 그 점도 좋았네요. 다음 날 일찍 공항으로 가야 하는 분들은 여기 1박정도는 괜찮을 듯 해요. 직원분들도 친절한 편입니다.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2015
人和善,地點交通不錯,房間很小很小,衛浴更小,網路極不穩定
4 night trip Aug 27, 2015
HK
"ロケーション、良いです!!!"
場所が良いです!!!コンサートを聴くにも美術館に行くにも最高の場所です。隣の建物の1階にはものすごく材料が良いスープとサラダのお店があるので、胃が疲れたらそこでブランチを頂けます。よる12:30までやっているDe Knijipというオランダ料理のバーレストランもすぐです。 シンバという猫がいて、可愛いです。。 お店の人も聞くと色々な情報を教えてくれます。コスパが良いと思います。シャワーはトイレのすぐ脇で、ちょっと使いづらいかなあと思います。数日滞在には最適かと。。。
1 night trip Aug 19, 2015
JP
"Non proprio centrale ma confortevole."
Ho dormito 2 notti nel dormitorio femminile da 12 letti. Il letto era confortevole e pulito. Sarebbe stato meglio solo 10 letti per avere più spazio personale ma non si sono verificati problemi gravi. L'unico vero problema di questo ostello sono i bagni in comune. C'è un bagno su ogni piano perciò 3 bagni comuni. Sono ristrutturati bene, danno un idea di moderno e pulito, ma ci sono solo 3, per non so quanti ospiti... Uno era fuori servizio durante il mio soggiorno. Ma per fortuna non si sono verificati problemi gravi. Alcuni ospiti però non capiscono la necessità di usare il bagno in tempi più brevi possibili, cioè, i capelli si possono asciugare in camera invece di occupare il bagno! Magari l'ostello potrebbe prendere nota a questo. Lo staff era molto gentile con me. Il wifi è un po' scarso. Comunque è sempre un ostello, ma nella mia esperienza, giudicherei medio-alto, anche perché era piuttosto silenzioso che vale oro in un ostello! Ripeto, questa era la mia esperienza.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Leanne
IT
"그런대로 하루이틀정도는 괜찮아요"
위치는 매우좋아요 museum plein근처 주택가에 위치해 안전하고 조용해요. 다만 암스테르담의 살인적인물가를 감안해서 호스텔 복도.계단이 높고 좁아서 캐리어끌구들어가기엔 많이힘들어요 2인실을 사용했는데 2층침대를 줬지만 침대가 약간 삐그덕 거렸어요 그외엔 그럭저럭 지낼만했구 스탭들도친절하고 괜찮아요
2 night trip May 18, 2015
보빈
KR
"no es un hotel es un hostel"
fatal, esperaba un hotel y no un hostel, me ha parecido muy muy caro para las prestaciones recibidas, nunca habia estado en un hostel , por lo que no tengo referencias para valorarlo como tal
Other trip May 5, 2015
Nuria
ES
"3/5 worth it for a night"
Nice personal, OK location, clean sheets, 24/7 open, fair price for 20€ something.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
SE
"locatie en schone kamers"
Jeugdherberg met basic voorzieningen maar daarom ook zeer goedkoop. Heb de goedkopere kamer genomen en weet eigenlijk niet of er nog andere type kamer bestaat?
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
NL
"Hostel"
Godt nok hotel som er et hostel. Fint hvis du vil spare penge, og kan acceptere at sove sammen med andre i lokalet. Det fungerede fint for mig.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Henning
DK
Hôtel crade a mort, déco des années 80 lit de camp de l'armé, une douche par étage crade a mort, des affaires disparu durant notre absence..des oreiller gonflable...
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2014
flo
FR
"ゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに近い利便性の高いホテル"
***先ず、エクスペディアに苦情を言いたいのだが、クレジットカード使用可能と書いてあるが使用不可でした。きちんと確認した上で表示するように改善してください。 ホテルのロケーションはゴッホ美術館や国立ミュージアムに比較的近くて良かったです。 設備は普通のホステル。 室内はベッドの間隔が狭すぎる。 チェックイン時にいたスタッフの一人は非常に日本人にフレンドリーで色々と教えてくれた。
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Turkey007
"価格に充分見合ったサービス"
以前の口コミにも投稿されているように、とりわけ広いとか快適というわけではありませんが、寝るだけの目的で数泊するのには充分に満足できる場所です。周辺は国立美術館などがありアップタウン近くのためか治安がよさそうです。シャワーが狭いという投稿が以前にありますが、2階のシャワーは確かに狭く、着替えるスペースがありません。空いている時間を狙って3階または4階のシャワーにいけば充分な広さが確保できます。またスタッフによってサービスにムラがあるようで、初日にフロントにいたスペインなまり?のおじさんは丁寧に周辺の観光地を説明してくれましたが、最終日にフロントにいた若いスタッフは「ここから空港へはどう行けば近いか」と聞いたら「中央駅(空港とは間逆に数キロ行ったところ)へトラムで行ってから空港まで電車に乗れ」といったトンチンカンな回答が返ってきました。
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
さばこ
JP
"Alright hostel for youth and backpackers"
Nothing was really good, but nothing really bad neither. I booked 6 days in advance so this was the only place that had vacancies for all my 3 nights. There's another Janson hostel on the same street) this one was 69A, which has a better lobby and rooms. This had steep stairs which makes it harder coming in and out, but ok i had light luggade. There are only 2 showers for maybe 40-50 people, so it's hard to shower or go to the toilet when you want too. One shower is really small, and the other is ok, but the hose and handset are fixed, and no place to hang clothes. No table or anything in the rooms neither, just 4 beds and 1 power outlet for all people, Location is also 30-35 minuts from the center, but as a tourist it's passable. And it's only 7-8 minutes away from bigger crocery stores. I give it 5.5 out of 10. Staff was definetely nice and cosy, that was the best.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
NL

TripAdvisor reviews for Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam

"It's okay"
02/07/16 Luca H Graz, Austria
It's easy to find and in a good location. The staff was wasn't everytime friendly , but they helped,when we needed something. The room and the bathroom was clean, just somebody opened the window every afternoon and turn off the heat, so at the evening was cold af... But for this price is the place perfectly fine.
"Poor srvice"
02/02/16 Madalena S
Overall the hostel is bad. The staff members are extremely rude ( all of them). They do not keep bags so if your flight is in the afternoon you need to carry your luggage all day long. There is only on toilet per floor so you need to wait because there are always people queuing. The reception are has a horrible smell probably because of the cat that they have. It was the worst hostel that I ever stayed. I am sure that you can find something better!
"Terrible"
02/02/16 Matildanzp
The guys in the reception are rude and lazy. The reception is closed most of the time. The hostel is completely overpriced, they have a cat that pees everywhere. I was complaining in the reception about the poor service and the receptionist answer me "you are in amesterdam, smoke a joint and relax". How can I relax if the place is dirty and smells like fish because of the cat pee. DO NOT STAY HERE!
"Not recommended"
02/02/16 mariarcruz Portugal
I had a terrible experience in cosmos hostel. I booked a room just for girls and I had the housekeeping guys entering the room all the time without knocking, the room was dirty and smelly. You need to wait to go to the toilet, there are always people queuing. The staff is the rudest that I ever met. I would not stay here again not even for free. In the check in the guy in the reception did not mention anything about check out details, and in the day we go out, at 11h30 a.m., they say they would not give us back the guarantee that we paid in the check in because we should read in the wall of the hostel that check out is at 10am, even without mentioned by anyone. In addition they do not even keep bags durona last day because they "are not an hotel".
"Not a fan. "
01/27/16 Sophie W
Stayed here for 3 nights, be under no illusions here you what you pay for. Rooms are tiny and cramped, bit of a bad small when u enter the hostel but rooms are clean and tidy. Not a central location!! Close to museums and stuff but not walking distance to the centre. Staff were helpful with transport and directions. There's a very daunting stairs when you enter also which was hard with big bags and suitcases. They also won't hold your bags unless you pay them and they had to be collected by 3pm which was very crappy I think. I wouldn't stay in this hostel again and wouldn't recommend it. But if ur only looking for a place to rest your head for a few hours by all means go ahead. And to the guy who gave me a stroop waffle with my coffee your so sweet thank you 😊😊
"It's a dump "
01/27/16 Shazzasharrie
It's a an overpriced dump with rude staff, find somewhere better to stay .. charged us 3 euro pp to look after our bags as our flight wasn't till later, really need better customer service skills .. I doubt anyone that stays he would return .. It says walking distant to Dam square, yeah like 30 mins plus !! Not really convenient a couple of times a day .. Horrible stay at this dump ..
"Good facilities, mixed service "
01/27/16 Patrick H Sydney, Australia
We booked the hostel online, not finding much advice on how to get there from the airport. When we got there, we were happy with the quality of the rooms and bathrooms. A little street noise, but we slept pretty well. Good location for visiting the museums. The service was very mixed, however. The person who checked us in (possibly the owner?) was friendly and helpful, pointing out some local options for us. Over the remaining two days, however, the staff weren't friendly or helpful, but downright rude, and they refused to let us leave our bags for a couple of hours to fit in some extra sightseeing, despite the owner saying it would be fine! It's a decent budget hostel, but maybe for a little more you can find somewhere with nicer staff.
"Good hostel "
01/14/16 843estevens Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend and thought it was worth our money. Hostel was clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful! Rooms a little on the small side but prefect if you just want somewhere to sleep. Beds very comfortable and cute little common room with a coffee machine and a cat! Lockers available which was great and you could also hire bikes which was fantastic! Would stay again.
"I liked it"
12/14/15 Ben R
It's in a great location around the Museums and there are plenty of tram stops around the area. The staff that I dealt with were friendly. For the few nights that I was there, they came into the room at about 11-12 at night. I'm not sure why this was. Whether it was to make sure no one else was in the room who shouldn't be or if people were in the right beds, it made me a bit uncomfortable though.
"Terrible Hostel Cosmos"
11/11/15 245rosiet London, United Kingdom
Unfortunately I can only advise against this hostel. The room we were placed in was incredibly cramped with a broken shower and uncomfortable beds, There was one working plug socket between 9 people. The staff were rude and insulted my fiend and I upsetting us; I was also informed by staff before our stay we could not hold our bags with them then discovered the hostel will hold bags for a charge. I felt uncomfortable and unable to approach staff for assistance.