All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Weteringschans 253, Amsterdam, 1017 XJ, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent Service"
The hotel was lovely and the staff was awesome! Breakfast was delightful (much more than we had anticipated). Our room was clean and well supplied (they even have drinks available in the small refrigerator for free!). We had a room on the top floor with a view of the canal and it was gorgeous! As is the case with most smaller boutique hotels in Amsterdam, there is no elevator, so be prepared to climb stairs. Since we checked in early and left our bags with the reception, they hauled them up for us and they were waiting in our room when we returned, which was above and beyond. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. There are two tram stops a short walk away and you can have access to the entire city. The major museums are one tram stop away and shopping, delicious restaurants and canal cruises are a short walk. If you're going to the museums, buy your tickets ahead of time at the hotel (same price) and you can avoid long lines. Enjoy the beautiful city of Amsterdam and your stay at The Canal Hotel!
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Our stay at this hotel was wonderful! Excellent customer service, comfortable room, and delicious breakfast.
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Jannette
"Great Spot"
Great hotel in a cool location. A bit off the beaten path and a bit on the edge of the downtown, but it made the location a bit more mellow. A short walk puts you at public transit to easily get around. The room was a bit on the small side (you climb into bed from the foot), but more then made up for it with an amazing view over the canals with windows on all three walls overlooking the outside.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Stay was terrific."
Hotel staff was excellent. Breakfast was amazing. Great place to stay.
2 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Brad
"Lovely place to stay"
the hotel was very clean. staff very helpful. Easy to get to with the instructions. Stairs were steep but they carried our luggage for us. Breakfast was yummy and had good selections. the only issue I had was the room was very warm on second floor, there was fan in the room and could open windows. When checking out they said they could put an ac unit in, should have asked sooner. I would stay there again.
4 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Rebecca
"Clean hotel, room on the small side"
Nice hotel, Nice breakfast, Good service. However room was on the small size and no space to put your stuff away. So had to keep my stuff in the suitcase what I really do not like to do. Found out at the end that minibar was FREE of charge... would have liked to know that before. Bathroom was VERY NICE and clean.... something we found lacking in other hotels If the room was a couple of meters bigger, I would have rated my review better.. but sorry... size does matter.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
simon
"No Lift"
There was no lift, so every time I needed to go to my room I had to climb three stories of extremely steep stairs. There was no phone in the room, so anytime I needed something, I had to make yet another trip down and up the stairs. There was no room service, so any time I needed something to eat...you guessed it, down and up again. The fire alarm went off three times one morning at 7 am.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great hotel close to city"
The room was very clean the bathroom very moderate. Bed was comfortable wonderful view staff was fantastic only bummer was no elevator.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Staff couldn't be more helpful. Lovely breakfast on the down side a lot of stairs we were on the top floor but didn't spoil our stay.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"A lovely hotel in Amsterdam overlooking the canal."
We loved our stay at The Amsterdam Canal Hotel! The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and hospitable. The breakfast was better than most 4-stars I've been to. The hotel is only a 10-minute walk from the center of town.
4 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice, cozy hotel"
I had an adorable room - Room 35 - at the top floor if the hotel, with canal view. Excellent breakfasts, and it's a clean, comfortable hotel. 60 VERY steep steps -- almost like going up a ladder -- up to the third floor were daunting - but desk clerks helped get my suitcase up and down upon arrival and departure, but the stairs were a bit tough on my middle aged knees. No elevator. But good value, good location, safe neighborhood, helpful staff. Neighborhood is a bit quiet, but a few minutes walk to busier areas with shops and restaurants.
3 night business trip Nov 29, 2014
"Gorgeous Stay"
A gorgeous warm hotel. Perfect location. Short walking distance from everything. If you have bad knees beware of hotel stairs!
3 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"We are a 50 year old couple who loved amsterdam"
Beautiful hotel! Great breakfast, friendly staff. Very narrow stairs.
4 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
Shari
"Nice place away from the center!"
The hotel was clean, comfortable, and nicely located away from the noise and crowds of centraal. I wouldn't recommend it to a first time Amsterdam traveler, since it's a little off the beaten path, but for someone who has already done the central scene this is a great place, with great shops nearby. The wifi was a little on the weak end, though, and my room right behind the reception didn't have the same window access as others, but still - overall a great hotel!
3 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Fantastic facility with great service"
Robert and his team were very attentive and accommodating during our stay at the ACH. The rooms are within an old historic building and are well appointed offering a local feel and experience to the stay. Surrounding neighborhood is lively without being too touristy. Will stay again
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
Pranay
The Canal Hotel is in a great location to explore the south of the city and the north and the train station are very easily accessible by tram. Staff were very helpful booking us excursions and offering advice. Our only complaint is that the room (top floor deluxe room with canal view -34) was stiflingly hot. There was no air conditioning or climate control (as described on website) we were informed it was a whole hotel system and was on or off. We were advised to sleep with the window open which was incredibly noisy - and the room was still 26C (in March) and on our final night we were given an air conditioning unit, which was far too loud to use during sleep. We didn't sleep well at all during our stay. We also had a problem with the water cutting out every morning mid shower. However, the coffee machine and free minibar were much appreciated touches and we loved the area.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Charming room and location for walking"
We enjoyed a too brief stay. Close to the Rijks Museum as well as the three main canals for great walking to sites and restaurants. Our sleek, well-appointed room 14 had a balcony on the canal, nicely quite when balcony doors were closed, very comfortable bed. Enjoyed gourmet breakfast downstairs overlooking the canal.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013

"great"
great hotel,professional and frendly staff, very comfortable bed and cozy beautiful room. Breakfast always fresh and pancakes DIVINE!!! I recommend this hotel without any doubt
3 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
KATARZYNA
"Nice but too hot!! No bar"
Modern hotel, most staff friendly and helpful but room was small and extremely hot. Heating turned up far too high, unable to be turned down! Had to open window overlooking main rd with tram line going past! Was advertised as having bar. There was no bar!!!
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Canal view. Friendly & extremely helpful staff."
The staff are so helpful. They went out of their way to help us plan our days' activities. I had a canal-view room - well worth the small surcharge.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Antoinette
"Great hotel!"
The room was better than expected, with a hot tub and a great view of the canal. The breakfast was really good and included in the price.
5 night trip Jan 27, 2015
"Nice, but be prepared for a climb to your room!"
We had a great time in Amsterdam and on-the-whole had a good time here, it is nicely decorated, the coffee making facilities were good and we had a fab view. *However* it felt as though they'd spent too much time/effort on making it cool, which left them a little short on the basics: - there was no milk, only coffee creamer (despite providing tea bags), my wife asked housekeeping but nothing was forthcoming - our toilet seat was broken on arrival (we mentioned it, they fixed it) - the bathroom hooks were nearly falling out (I tightened them back up) - the shower and (spa) bath were, at best, luke warm (hot water in the sink was lovely). We mentioned this and the manager said they'd taken a look at it but nothing changed. My feeling is that we were on the 4th floor and they just couldn't get the hot water up there. The 4th floor bit is important: the stairs are VERY steep/narrow/shallow and they bend 90 degrees on each of the two first flights. This meant getting up there with luggage (and to be fair each day after walking around the city all day) was pretty tough going. We very nearly asked to switch rooms but on balance felt the view was (just about) worth it.
4 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
R L
"Very nice hotel"
This is a really nice hotel. Room we stayed in had a fantastic canal view and ultra comfy beds. Clean and well decorated. The roof did start leaking but we were moved soon enough to a different room and given a bottle of wine. Great proximity to centre of town. Lovely time had
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"Amsterdam"
Great stay people where nice and friendly, everyone was helpful on given directions. Down side was no laundry service.
5 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2014
"Quiet high standard hotel near the city centre"
The hotel is located in a quite area of Amsterdam, less than 10 minutes walk from Rembrandtplein and 5 minutes from the Heineken factory. There is also several tramways a few steps from the hotel that link to the main areas of Amsterdam. Overall the hotel is new, well decorated with high standard bedroom and bathroom. The bed is ultra comfortable and the shower, very well furnished. The staff was also very helpful, giving advices on restaurants. You can also buy city tour tickets at the reception and book seats for the opera house. The breakfast is a buffet composed of local products, pastries, cereals and hot food. I recommend this hotel to those who wants to be near the city centre without all the noise. Please note that there is no lift and fitness center.
4 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"Trendy hotel, close to Rijksmuseum and Heiniken."
Arriving to the hotel from airport was quite simple, they provided travel instructions via email from Amsterdam centraal station to take several trams or a 30-40 minute walk straight to Friedriksplaan via the canals to see the vibrant city. Upon arrival the staff were very friendly and provided free maps with circled recommendations of places to visit that were close walking distance, detailed instructions on how to walk or get trams to and from the hotel . Woke up everyday in a comfy bed showered and refreshed never disturbed by staff, adjustable thermostat on the wall if it became too hot or cold during the night. Wifi, wall mounted Smart TV, and coffee machine in the room. Bottom of the hotel was the bar and resturant area which provided the 8-11am free included breakfast. Which was a variety of cereals, juices, coffee, tea, bread, salad, scrambled egg, sliced salmon or turkey or chicken or ham. Upon return to my room, without request I would find my room would be nicely cleaned with new towels, sheets and the mini fridge re-stocked with some free soft drinks and snacks. I even lost a few euro notes, which the housekeeping staff returned to me with a friendly note left for me on the desk! Upon checking out, I woke late after the checkout time, with no hassle of extra charge or complaints demanding me to leave now. They were even happy to wait for me to finish breakfast and to leave my luggage in the hotel all day till my flight at 9pm while I walked around the city!
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Aran
"Nice hotel in a good location"
Very nice hotel. Nicely kept and clean! The stairs are very steep and there is lots of road noise that did not bother me but was noticeable. Would stay again!
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Love the bath!"
Great hotel, amazing bath and a big room in a great location. Away from the hype of the city but near nice restaurants and close enough to walk to most tourist attractions.
2 night trip Nov 3, 2014
Great Hotel in quiet location. Bad internet connection only negative review.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"Amsterdam Canal Hotel"
Room was lovely and clean, well stocked and very friendly staff. Location of hotel was a 5 min tram ride away from Dam square but out enough to be peaceful for a good night’s sleep. Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next stay.
3 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Dion
"Perfect for our quick weekend get away."
Quick weekend get away to Amsterdam. The hotel was tucked away in a quiet neighborhood with good walking proximity to the major attractions. That being said, we like to walk quite a bit, so for us it was perfect. Our room was really nice, larger than expected, and we had a nice view of a canal. Bathroom was very clean with a nice large tub. Breakfast was include, nice typical European light fair breakfast to start the day. The staff was very helpful. Good overall value.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Bryan
"A charming little hotel in old Amsterdam!"
Charming and delightful gently backing on to the canal. Terrifically airy and light modern rooms. Outstanding bathrooms of all things! An old Amsterdam canal house sensitively converted to a modern boutique hotel. Traditional and modern blended beautifully together. Honest rather than flash. The modern balance is perfect. The location couldn't be better - just between the museum district and the heart of the charming old Amsterdam which encourages some lovely picturesque strolls in the quieter back streets. The ONLY thing you need to be prepared for are all the stairs! No lift here (the 16th/17th century wasn't really aware of this coming! However do note all the hoists on the old houses through out Amsterdam - at least they knew getting furniture in was easier through the grand windows rather than the steep, narrow stairs!)
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
FLO471066
"Fantastic Stay"
I booked this hotel as there wasn't room in the hotel I wanted. It was a pleasant compromise. I was upgraded as soon as I arrived, and the guy at the desk was incredibly helpful. The room was amazing in every way. I plan on using The Amsterdam Canal everytime I stay in town.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Nice hotel, but standard room too narrow"
The hotel is located on a fairly busy street but a lot of the rooms face out the back, on to the canal. We had a standard room on the ground floor, which has canal views. Unfortunately the views were out of 3 porthole style windows, 2 of which were too high to see the canal. The bed was very comfortable but was 2 single beds pushed together with a large mattress protector over the top. The room was narrow so not enough room to walk down either side of the bed. Also there was no where to sit except on the bed. There was a desk and one chair, ok for working but not relaxing. Didn't find enough space to put things, like a cup of tea - all had to sit on the desk. The bathroom was lovely with a large rainfall shower, but again nowhere to put washbags except on the floor. Breakfast was fabulous with a great selection and a nice room in the basement overlooking the canal. Would recommend but perhaps the deluxe room would have the space I was looking for.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
MarkW
"Expensive , cramped."
When we booked last minute our room at the Canal hotel we were swayed by overwhelmingly good reviews, on arrival we weren't quite greeted with the standard we were expecting. Immediately told to pay upfront because the room was non-refundable which made me dubious. After handing over a huge some of money we were ready to be shown to our room...behind the reception desk! Our room was a small dark corridor which had a bed wedged in at the end so that you could not walk around it or even spend time in the room, hot, humid &generally rubbish. We felt a little depressed for £420 this is not a room we were expecting, we complained rather angrily after not having any sleep at all that night, due to shouting in the reception as people trailed in & went up the stairs above our room :( it was just the worst and even more so knowing how much we had paid for the room. Breakfast was ok although coffee machine &plate area is immediately.placed at the bottom of the stairs so it's a bit chaotic getting in and out the dining room. The staff did apologise and later moved us to a room with views and a bath and all the space you need in a small room. Still not worth the amount of money asked for but It was hugely appreciated and made up for the night before. However we did feel like the bad guys for kicking up a fuss and dreaded bumping into any of the staff.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2014
"Good location, small room."
No elevator, steep staircases with winders. No telephone in room, no lounge. Friendly, helpful staff, excellent breakfast, no public sitting area. Unsuitable for older guests.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Charming boutique hotel in museum quarter"
This hotel combines modern chic with old-style Amsterdam charm. The canal view rooms are long and quirky (you have to get into bed from the end!) but make you feel you are on a - very comfortable - long boat. Superb breakfast. The staff are young and very friendly and helpful especially when advising on local sights/restaurants. Super-cosy beds.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Margaret

"Modern hotel with lovely breakfast and great staff"
Great location in a quiet area. Parkering available on the streat nearby. The breakfast room was a real treat and we spent an hour there every morning munching away on delicious goodies. The staff was very attentive and available for questions about everything including buying and printing tickets for sights and museums. We will probably come back back to this hotel, if our next visit to Amsterdam is during the wintermonths. The rooms were extremely hot (27 degrees and stifling) and the outside temperature didn't even go higher than 24 degrees. I shudder to think what it would be like on a really hot summer day. I write rooms because we upgraded to a superior room the second day, which helped some with the temperature. The staff was very helpful with this and gave us a 50 % discount on the upgrade. The hotel was clean, modern and if you are not bothered by the heat and lack of AC (like us northeners), it is truly wonderful and like I said, we'll be back in the fall/winter/spring.
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Hanna
SE
"Parfait pour un séjour de 4 jours"
Nous avons passé un très bon séjour. L'hôtel est très bien situé, à quelques minutes à pied du centre ville et de très bons restaurants. Le tram passe également juste à côté. Accueil parfait et chambre deluxe spacieuse et bien décorée. Le seul hic, nous étions au rez de chaussé côté rue et difficile d'ouvrir la fenêtre, mais bon, cela ne nous a pas empèché de profiter pleinement. Petit déjeuner copieux.
3 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Myriam
FR
Et fantastisk hotell! Lite, koselig ig nyoppusset. Beliggenheten er perfekt hvis du ikke vil bo midt i turistområde, rommet var veldig fint og rent, sengen var stor og behaglig, servicen upåklagelig 24/7 og deilig frokost. Kunne ikke vært mer fornøyd og skal garantert tilbake.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Ida
"Fantastisk personal!"
Stort plus för personalen och frukosten. Mysigt hotell en bit ifrån centrum med bekväma sängar i välstädade rum.Branta trappor.
5 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Gertrud
SE
"Ein Besuch wert."
Ein ruhiges Zimmer mit einem herrlichen Bett und Aussicht über der Gracht. Wunderbares Frühstück und sehr nettes Personal, jederzeit wieder. Toller Lage.
3 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
AT
"Hotel romântico e com clima Europeu"
O Hotel é adorável, bem decorado, cama ótima e todas as instalações bem modernas. O café da manhã é maravilhoso, e a equipe nos atendeu maravilhosamente. Pontos baixos são: o banheiro não tem nenhuma privacidade nem janela, é separado por porta de vidro. E se você for no verão, eles podem disponibilizar um ar condicionado portátil, apenas. Os quartos são espalhados pelo pequeno prédio. Portanto, os dos andares mais baixos têm janela abaixo do nivel da rua, o que não deve ser muito agradável.
4 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Alexandre
BR
"Supert!"
Perfekt-på alle måter
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Perfekte dager i Amsterdam ."
Vi hadde 4 fine dager i Amsterdam og på dette hotellet. Rommet var fint og rent, selv om det var litt trangt. Hotell personalet var veldig vennlige og hjelpsomme. Frokosten var fantastisk i en svært koselig frokostsal. Omgivelsene var rolige og rett og slett fantastiske, vi hadde en nydelig utsikt fra rommet. Vi anbefaler dette hotellet.
4 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
"Avslappende atmosfære!"
Tatt i mot, og behandlet som familie. Helt topp!
3 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Tore Henning
"Kjempehyggelig hotell sentralt i Amsterdam."
Veldig hyggelig hotell med kort vei til alle severdigheter og sentrum. Utrolig god service på hotellet og meget bra frokost. Anbefaler rom med kanal utsikt. Rengjøring på rommet, spesielt badet var ikke bra nok. Men det kan gjøres noe med. Vi leide sykler og fikk sett "hele" Amsterdam. Bli med kanalbåten via "Friendship Tours" i Oudezijds Voorburgwal 230. Det er med servering. Bor gjerne på dette hotellet igjen.
3 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Marit
"Flott hotell! Anbefales på det sterkeste."
Flott hotell, med store, rene rom! Sengen var veldig komfortabel. Eneste negative med rommet var badet, hvor det kun var innrammet av frostet glass. Gratis minibar og kaffe/te. Frokosten var virkelig god, med et bra utvalg. Pannekakene som man kan bestille fra menyen anbefales virkelig. Beliggenheten var topp, alt var innen gangavstand. Og hvis man ikke vil gå er det trikkestopp rett ved som tar det til Dam Square og Central Station. Hotellet sender også en beskrivelse på mail, som gjør det lett å finne frem til hotellet og ta riktig trikk. De ansatte var veldig hjelpsomme og snakker flytende engelsk. Ganske smale og bratte trapper.
3 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Mette
"Amsterdam Canal Hotel"
We spent two nights in the hotel during Easter time. The room itself was good looking, but the location of the room wasn't optimal. We got our room in the same hallway where the reception was, so basically just few meters from the reception and the front door of the hotel. There was though double doors, so the room was pretty well isolated from noises in the hallway. There is no A/C in the hotel, so it was pretty uncomfortable to sleep when the temperature rose to 24-25 degrees. All along the hotel had a nice location, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good.
2 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
Stig
FI
"Agradable estancia en un hotel coqueto"
Después de 4 noches en este hotel , la valoración es excelente. El personal es amabilísimo, siempre dispuestos a ayudar tanto con el equipaje como a la hora de sacer entradas para los museos ó incluso imprimir las tarjetas de embarque. El desayuno abundante, variado y de buena calidad, además de servirlo en una sala muy acogedora y bien decorada..bueno como el hotel en general. Sin duda lo recomiendo , pues aunque no esté del todo céntrico, está bien comunicado con el centro aunque andando, todo recto, llegas a la plaza Dam en 30 minutos.
4 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015