All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Vienna, 1100, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"My first and last stay at a hostel"
At check-in, the receptionist asked whether I had a sleeping bag. In response, I said "no." He continued to ask whether I had a blanket, and I replied "no." Then, the receptionist proceeded to ask whether I wanted to rent sheets. I replied saying "If I must." And he told me it was 3.5 euros and that it's mandatory. So I paid and got my sheets at check-in. Upon entering the dorm room that I was assigned, there were fresh sheets (not laid out, but folded nicely) on top of the bed. In speaking with roommates, they informed me that they were not charged for sheets. I proceeded to reception with the intent to get a refund. Bringing the sheets and the matter to the receptionist's attention got me nowhere. I even pulled up the reservation confirmation and Expedia booking page, where nowhere was it stated that bed sheet fees were mandatory and not included in the reservation. Never ever will I stay at a place where the policies are not adequately published and enforced.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"Avoid this hotel at all"
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Rafael
"Not recomended - Thiefs around"
I usually like to embrace other countries experience and its way to deal with stuff something we are not used to. I don't complain much usually.. but this hostel is the exception. Dont Stay here. The staff is very rude, dont know customer is first. Then I lost my lock key, ask them to break the lock , they did not have the tool, gave me some key to try .. then found the locker could be moved and i could get my pack from behind, so making useless the lock, I told this to staff and was told a thief was there and open that locker in the room, they go the thief...and exactly same day, I saw a staff chasing a guys ... it was another thief that got a pursue from some guest. The bed was not comfortable at all . Not good plugs. To find the hostel was very difficult .
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Rafael
We had a 5 bed room for 5 women staying together. This place was a great stopover for one night. It looked like there were some amenities we were not able to take advantage of but it was clean and the desk staff was courteous. We did not get a chance to explore the neighborhood but it was pretty close (a couple blocks) to one of the train stations.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Worth it !!"
Convinently located to the central metro station. Very clean and big dorms. Recommend it highly for solo stays.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2015
Ashish
"If you are going to stay at hostels"
So close to the main station so it was very convenient for me since I came from Prague and left for Salzburg by train. There was city bike just in front of the station so I looked around the city with bike. The hostel was pretty good aside from some facts. The room didn't have AC or fans so it was very hot in the night. So guys were just wearing their trunks and we opened the window but it was very noisy outside(not sure if it was from out of hostel or from other guests) so I had trouble sleeping. And water didn't drain well in the shower so I hoped they cleaned it or whatever but it was the same in the next day. Seemed like they didn't clean bathroom at all. Staffs were nice and my roommates were unrespectful. If you are going to stay at hostels, *please* be respectful for other guests.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"Good place to stay"
We had a 6 persons room, very clean and with comfortable bed. The staff was polite and help us when we needed. Great for students, near the central station and well connected to the centre. We recommend it!
3 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
Andrea
"ogley"
i got there and i see whats going on i want away to other hotel
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
jonathan
For a family of 4 on a budget, this hostel was great! The hostel seemed new and very clean. The staff was very helpful and competent. We had a family room with a double bed, a bunk bed, and our own bathroom. The hostel is located only a 5 minute walk from the main train station, with a shopping center and U-Bahn and S-Bahn stop. It's 4 U-Bahn (metro) stops to the center of town. Only drawback: the walls are thin.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Anne
Small but clean rooms. Good price / performance ratio. The area is a bit noisy, busy.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
It is a nice hotel . Close to the main train station. Clean and the staff is friendly. I recommend it to others
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Great place to stay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Nice Hostel, it's a pity that all addintional services are payable(((
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Mediocre Hostel"
Got a six bed hostel bunk. It is an industrial style hostel that was okay. They charged extra for sheets and a towel. I stayed at a few other hostels in Vienna at the start of my trip and found those to be better.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Cheapskate
I liked my stay very much and the pricing.
7 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Madhur
"Nice hotel close to main station"
We had a huge room which was very good. Very close to main station. The staff was very friendly. Its a bit noisy at night if you keep the windows open, but overall a good place for the price.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Fair"
Not really bad, but laundry needs to be improved as we found a dryer was broken after we used a washer.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Very comfortable! Fantastic breakfast!
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Larissa
Family Room, 3 Persons
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Very positive expiriance"
We have very nice time, as family, in your hostel, everybody was extremly polite. Cleanliness is exelent. Location is near metro station which is great. At all it was exelent expiriance.
4 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Simonida
"its a hostel kind of place with a hostel experienc"
Rooms are new and clean. Wifi was good. The safe at the front deskbis greatvdoebpassports, laptops, etx. Location good if you are coming from the hauptbahnof. Short walk to two metro stations. Overall not bad, but there are some tradeoffs. It is loud, crowded, and lacking parking. Guests have no concept of lines. The laundry area was locked at night when I needed it. Declined breakfast as it was €7 and there are better places to eat in town.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Excellent. It would be nice to have a small refrigerator in room.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
1. The lift via the entrance is not working ,we brought 2 luggages (22 kg each), pushchair. Asked assistance from the staff suggest to use the ramp or to walk around the hotel and carry our luggages to get access to the back door.No assistance provided by the staff. 2. On checking in it wasn't as efficient as I have expected. 3. We have booked in the hotel side for 4 people but the other two beds were not made, I was surprised that the staff told me to make it my self. 4. Television was not working and the manager said it will get it sorted the next day but we are only staying for 2 nights and my kids would like to watch on arrival.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Close to the station, but far from everything else"
I only stayed here from one night, so I got a very small slice of what this place was actually like. Overall summary of my less than 24 hour stay: Staff at the front desk were curt, not very helpful. I had no clue how to get to the station when I checked out since I came in via taxi, and they couldn't tell me how to get there - turns out it is right outside the hostel. I'm going to chop this up to this maybe being a new person? General area around the hostel was still being developed, but also wasn't that great for just walking around The common area is really great, wifi is okay, and the breakfast was delcious
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
It was a really nice hostel. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom connected in the room was clean and had nothing to complain. The facility in this hostel is the best I have ever been. Most staffs were very kind,but not all of them. i felt blunt from one guy in the reception.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"walking distance to Wien Hauptbahnhof"
I was in a single room, and it was fine. The internet they provide for free continually failed, so I hardly had wi-fi while there. That was frustrating as I didn't want to incur high international data roaming charges. When I asked each of the three times I did about the internet, they all replied that they didn't know how to fix it in the sense of "Oh well, too bad." Outside of that, I had no problem with the place. Service was sterile mostly, but what does one expect from a massive hostel filled each night with high schoolers and college co-eds on break?
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"OK Hostel, reception was not really efficient"
The hotel room was clear and tidy, the facilities were OK, but the reception was really, reaaally slow, and very unefficient, took half an hour to check in, and they forgot to give us the key for the first time then I had to wait in the queue just to get my key..
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Clean rooms. You need to pay extra for wi-fi.
Other trip May 26, 2014
The locations is good, the metro is right around the corner and their is a tower by the metro you can go up to, to get a great view of the city landscape. The hotel stay was good, but for some reason they wont let you play pool after 10 pm, it is on the ground floor with no bedrooms on either side ? Staff and not only staff but most places in Vienna, the people working in Cafes and so on are not the most warm and fussy type lol but we just laughed it off as part of our adventure, stories to tell later on. So go too Vienna and have a ball.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Comfortable hotel nearby the Main Railway Station"
A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof is a place which I recommend to everyone, who appreciate the close location of Main Railway Station, Subway and Old Town. Very clean, comfortable room with pleasant hotel staff.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
The hotel is EXTREMELY difficult to find because of massive construction works going on around it. Not friendly and somewhat uninterested staff at the reception (the guy who was there asked to wait till his female colleague turns up). The elevator is lost somewhere behind the numerous doors of the vast lobby (equipped with billiard and table football game though). No free WiFi. Clean rooms. An OK option for backpackers and students. The hotel is an 8 min walk from a U1 metro station and railway station (Hauptbahnhof) for easy commuting to Wien Mitte, Quartier Belvedere and Wien Meidling.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"A great hotel/hostel in Vienna"
This hotel was pretty good and was probably one of the most decent priced hotels in Vienna, compared to all others which were super expensive. The crowd at night inside the main lobby was a little sketchy at night, since all the students (its a hostel as well) were drinking and such. But no one bothered us, and we didn't get disturbed at all in our rooms. The rooms were extremely clean, and comfortable. The only few complaints I have about our room was that the shower was blocked and all the water wouldn't drain out. They did eventually fixed the problem the next day, but it kind of made me question whether they even check the showers whenever they get it ready for a customer. And also, there's always ONE person at the service desk, because of which I have to stand in line for so long waiting for my turn to come up. That also super annoyed me as well. They should have atleast 2-3 people helping customers in order to get the line moving faster. But overall, it was a great stay. There's a metro stop really nearby, and we traveled around Vienna using that. Only one metro stop away from downtown Vienna. Also, the main train station is also one stop away. They are currently building another train station right next to the hotel's location, which will open I think summer of 2014. I'm sure after they open it, the prices of that hotel might skyrocket. But overall, a great hotel to stay in Vienna.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Mina
This is a new Hotel and Hostel; very economics! Only one things: don't have breakfast here!!!
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
This Hotel/Hostel is both. It is located by the Main Train Station (Hauftbahnof) which is NOT located in the center of town. There is a huge amount of construction and building in the area. For the price it was a fair deal. The front desk was somewhat helpful but was overwhelmed sometimes by the volume of people waiting to check in. It was clean and an okay place to stay.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Good price, good location, lacking service"
I thought the price and the location for this hostel was good. Check-in was a bit rough as I had prepaid with the website I booked through and the hostel didn't show this. A&O charges for everything beyond the bed - bedsheets, breakfast, in-room internet, and payment using a credit card. I think these are important things to know when comparing places.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"close to shopping street"
door is extremely difficult to open. no key, no slide card, is a sensor, not always work! House keeping too lazy to refill bathroom supply, unless you tell them to clean room, they won't go in at all. We stayed there 3 nights, the room was supplied and clean the last night. TV as small as a laptop. probably 15" hanging 8 feet high on the wall, no a/c. too noisy. no wifi in room.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"It is a good place to make international friends"
The location of this hotel is near Wien Hauptbahnhof. Since there are lots of construction going on around there, it is a bit nosiy, but I think it is a good place to make international friends.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"A great location near the main train station"
This is my second AO hotel and I can understand why they are doing such good business. It is a simple hotel, but clean with a very helpful staff. My only recommendation would be if they were to have small inexpensive fans in the rooms. It is a bit hot in the summer. If you are going to stay here, you will like it. One more thing. It is by the Main Train Station, Hauptbahnhof. If you are arriving into Vienna at another station like West or Meidling, make sure you are aware of this. If you do, take a regional train to Hauptbahnhof. The U-Bahn requires 2 transfers.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
I think it is the perfect place to stay for a student or a backpack traveler. It's located next to a train station that is in construction but when it's gonna be ready it will be a very good place to stay for a couple of days, especially because you can find it easily. If all you want is a decent breakfast go for this hotel/hostel, especially if your purpose is to visit the city and walk all day long.
Other trip May 30, 2013
"Value for the money"
Nice family room for a good price. Clean and thick comforters on beds. It's just really hard to find by car. There is no sign on main road, it is around a corner.
Other trip May 21, 2013

"Good budget option"
Biggest hostel I've ever seen. Rooms are very basic but modern, clean and comfortable. Located just across from the train station and a short metro ride to the city center. Lots of restaurants and two markets inside the train station. Good option for budget accommodations in Vienna.
2 night romance trip Jan 20, 2016
Neil
"Good standard hostel"
Generally good but didn't like the having to pay extra for towels, bedding and every little thing. Kitchen facilities were minimal
2 night trip Jan 4, 2016
Convenient to reach as it is walkanle distance from Train Station. Also staffs are friendly and surroundings are also good - many choice of eating out.
2 night trip Jan 1, 2016
"no rooms cleaning!!!"
5 nignts
4 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Awful"
This place was terrible. We woke up to here they was a robbery in the room. Someone drilled the lockers and stole money and cameras from some guess in the room. The hotel employee seemed too used to this situation to be a good sign. The police came and interrogated us and asked for passport numbers. The first room we got had not been cleaned from the latest guests and the beds with their linen were still unmade (and btw, they didn't tell us beginners hand they care almost 4€ per person for linen!). Even if it very enr the train station, not really worth the trouble and risk.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"No cleaning in this hotel"
No cleaning in this hotel~~~~ !!! I stayed 5 days, no one showed up to clean!!!!! DIRTY DIRTY
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Moez
"Vienna stop over"
Not super flash but totally comfortable, well priced and in a good location.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2015
"Hostel not a hotel"
It's not a hotel to start from. We thought that hostel part is separate from hotel but we were very, very wrong.It's a hostel full of young people who stay up till early morning, drink and are generally very noisy. If you are on a budget trip and don't mind people shouting and no air conditioning then it should be ok. Would not recommend to families and people with light sleep.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"cheap but I won't stay again."
During I stayed there,it was really hot.they don't have AC even fan.The room was stuffy.I couldn't sleep well. When I arrived there,the room has a lot of rubbish. But toilet and bathroom was clean. especially reception was bad.always there were long que and staff was not so kind.
3 night trip Aug 9, 2015
"has stairs after lift"
Booked the hotel because it had a lift when I arrived went up to the 5th floor and after getting out of the lift there were stairs to go to the room went down and said I couldnt do stairs so they put me in a ground floor room that hadnt been cleaned then changed me to another one I booked an extra night separately and instead of letting me keep my room I had to move out and move into another one in the afternoon the girl on the desk came with me to see the room more stairs so I was left waiting till the manager had booked people in before I was given a room on the ground floor again then I was told it was day staffs fault it was close to the station that is why I booked it but if booking ask about the stairs I paid for a single room
2 night trip Jun 24, 2015