All hotels in Vienna, Austria
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereSonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Vienna, 1100, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

For a family of 4 on a budget, this hostel was great! The hostel seemed new and very clean. The staff was very helpful and competent. We had a family room with a double bed, a bunk bed, and our own bathroom. The hostel is located only a 5 minute walk from the main train station, with a shopping center and U-Bahn and S-Bahn stop. It's 4 U-Bahn (metro) stops to the center of town. Only drawback: the walls are thin.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Anne
It is a nice hotel . Close to the main train station. Clean and the staff is friendly. I recommend it to others
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Mediocre Hostel"
Got a six bed hostel bunk. It is an industrial style hostel that was okay. They charged extra for sheets and a towel. I stayed at a few other hostels in Vienna at the start of my trip and found those to be better.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Cheapskate
I liked my stay very much and the pricing.
7 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Madhur
"Nice hotel close to main station"
We had a huge room which was very good. Very close to main station. The staff was very friendly. Its a bit noisy at night if you keep the windows open, but overall a good place for the price.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Fair"
Not really bad, but laundry needs to be improved as we found a dryer was broken after we used a washer.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Very comfortable! Fantastic breakfast!
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Larissa
"Very positive expiriance"
We have very nice time, as family, in your hostel, everybody was extremly polite. Cleanliness is exelent. Location is near metro station which is great. At all it was exelent expiriance.
4 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Simonida
"its a hostel kind of place with a hostel experienc"
Rooms are new and clean. Wifi was good. The safe at the front deskbis greatvdoebpassports, laptops, etx. Location good if you are coming from the hauptbahnof. Short walk to two metro stations. Overall not bad, but there are some tradeoffs. It is loud, crowded, and lacking parking. Guests have no concept of lines. The laundry area was locked at night when I needed it. Declined breakfast as it was €7 and there are better places to eat in town.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Close to the station, but far from everything else"
I only stayed here from one night, so I got a very small slice of what this place was actually like. Overall summary of my less than 24 hour stay: Staff at the front desk were curt, not very helpful. I had no clue how to get to the station when I checked out since I came in via taxi, and they couldn't tell me how to get there - turns out it is right outside the hostel. I'm going to chop this up to this maybe being a new person? General area around the hostel was still being developed, but also wasn't that great for just walking around The common area is really great, wifi is okay, and the breakfast was delcious
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"walking distance to Wien Hauptbahnhof"
I was in a single room, and it was fine. The internet they provide for free continually failed, so I hardly had wi-fi while there. That was frustrating as I didn't want to incur high international data roaming charges. When I asked each of the three times I did about the internet, they all replied that they didn't know how to fix it in the sense of "Oh well, too bad." Outside of that, I had no problem with the place. Service was sterile mostly, but what does one expect from a massive hostel filled each night with high schoolers and college co-eds on break?
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"OK Hostel, reception was not really efficient"
The hotel room was clear and tidy, the facilities were OK, but the reception was really, reaaally slow, and very unefficient, took half an hour to check in, and they forgot to give us the key for the first time then I had to wait in the queue just to get my key..
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Comfortable hotel nearby the Main Railway Station"
A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof is a place which I recommend to everyone, who appreciate the close location of Main Railway Station, Subway and Old Town. Very clean, comfortable room with pleasant hotel staff.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"A great hotel/hostel in Vienna"
This hotel was pretty good and was probably one of the most decent priced hotels in Vienna, compared to all others which were super expensive. The crowd at night inside the main lobby was a little sketchy at night, since all the students (its a hostel as well) were drinking and such. But no one bothered us, and we didn't get disturbed at all in our rooms. The rooms were extremely clean, and comfortable. The only few complaints I have about our room was that the shower was blocked and all the water wouldn't drain out. They did eventually fixed the problem the next day, but it kind of made me question whether they even check the showers whenever they get it ready for a customer. And also, there's always ONE person at the service desk, because of which I have to stand in line for so long waiting for my turn to come up. That also super annoyed me as well. They should have atleast 2-3 people helping customers in order to get the line moving faster. But overall, it was a great stay. There's a metro stop really nearby, and we traveled around Vienna using that. Only one metro stop away from downtown Vienna. Also, the main train station is also one stop away. They are currently building another train station right next to the hotel's location, which will open I think summer of 2014. I'm sure after they open it, the prices of that hotel might skyrocket. But overall, a great hotel to stay in Vienna.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Mina
"Good price, good location, lacking service"
I thought the price and the location for this hostel was good. Check-in was a bit rough as I had prepaid with the website I booked through and the hostel didn't show this. A&O charges for everything beyond the bed - bedsheets, breakfast, in-room internet, and payment using a credit card. I think these are important things to know when comparing places.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"close to shopping street"
door is extremely difficult to open. no key, no slide card, is a sensor, not always work! House keeping too lazy to refill bathroom supply, unless you tell them to clean room, they won't go in at all. We stayed there 3 nights, the room was supplied and clean the last night. TV as small as a laptop. probably 15" hanging 8 feet high on the wall, no a/c. too noisy. no wifi in room.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"It is a good place to make international friends"
The location of this hotel is near Wien Hauptbahnhof. Since there are lots of construction going on around there, it is a bit nosiy, but I think it is a good place to make international friends.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"A great location near the main train station"
This is my second AO hotel and I can understand why they are doing such good business. It is a simple hotel, but clean with a very helpful staff. My only recommendation would be if they were to have small inexpensive fans in the rooms. It is a bit hot in the summer. If you are going to stay here, you will like it. One more thing. It is by the Main Train Station, Hauptbahnhof. If you are arriving into Vienna at another station like West or Meidling, make sure you are aware of this. If you do, take a regional train to Hauptbahnhof. The U-Bahn requires 2 transfers.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Value for the money"
Nice family room for a good price. Clean and thick comforters on beds. It's just really hard to find by car. There is no sign on main road, it is around a corner.
Other trip May 21, 2013

"Something else"
I stayed in A&O Vienna, it was cheapest hotel room i ever seen, i think furniture was from sale in Ikeea, 19 inch TV size, heat was cut in the night....but it was clean room, remember me from university dorms...
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
"Sleep and go"
Beds not very comfortable. Sometime there was big queue at lobby in holidays time (it was 27 Dec). Charged me additional 7 EUR for late check-out (
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"Value for money"
The hotel and the hostel have 1 reception. Clean basic hotel.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Zlatko
"Great if the room/toilets are cleaner"
Sanitary level has a great room of improvement
1 night trip Nov 25, 2014
"shopping"
Acceptable
3 night trip Nov 20, 2014
Laroussi
"Nice and quite"
I was very nice and very successful and I'll go back to stay in this nice hotel from November 30 to December 6, 2014.
6 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Abou Bakr
Lobby staff were not good. Made mistakes, at first said we got no breakfast had to go to supervisor. Bar staff could not make drinks and left patrons untended while they took care of front desk
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"STAY AWAY"
it's not a hotel & doe not deserve to be called a hostel neither. we found it in such dirty and horrible conditions that we didn't stay there. no similarity to advertised rooms. with regard to the staff: even though they promised that they accept our cancellation request free of any charge, some days later used our credit card information and charged us unauthorized for more than full rates. if you want to enjoy your trip just DO NOT go near this place.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Ray
"nice hotel"
My holiday in Viena was wonderful, the hotel was clean, breakfast very good, but a little far from center thank you
8 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
elena
"Good location, modern, big rooms, family friendly"
Good location, easy access to all attractions by underground and trams. Free parking around the hotel on the street. No problems with check in and out. Large rooms and clean. It's loud outside as there is a building site around. Generally nice and clean, no problems with staff, very helpful and all speak english.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Ewa
"Central, Two stops from Karl Kirche!"
If you go there to share a dorm, you may or you may not be lucky depending on your fellow travellers. Any problem speak to the staff, they're excellent and will do their best to accommodate. The place is clean and breakfast plentiful.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Bad service"
The service from the people at the front desk when we checked in was awful. The man and woman did not seem welcoming at all. Once we completed the check in process, we went to our room, and it was not cleaned at all. Not even the beds were made. So we had to go back to the front desk to request a new room, and the people at the reception desk did not even bother to say sorry for the inconvenience. It wasn't like we arrived too early, we arrived at around 10pm. The new room we went into was actually quite clean, but it was very hot, and there was no air conditioning or fan. I think the bad service at check in made our impression of the hotel as not very good.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"A good hotel with reasonable price"
The hotel is a bit hard to find due to it's location. The bed is very comfortable and the room is very clean. As well as other facilities. Everything is well maintained. But remember to bring your own bed sheet, blanket bag and pillow bad because if u don't u need to pay 3 euro to rent one from the hotel. But overall I enjoy my stay.
2 night trip May 31, 2014
Nam
"It was far the cheapest available hotel room"
It is a hostel actually however there the single and dibble rooms available. The room I stayed in was much better than in expected. It is clean and modern. The price is unbeatable. Are is uncool, construction all around. Staff is friendly .
2 night business trip May 26, 2014
"great price+location"
Great value for the price. Close to railway station and underground-few minutes walk.2-3 stops from city centre.Big supermarket -BILLA round the corner. Hotel section of complex is modern and clean. Room was large and had all amenities but no cupboard- just a clothes rack. Staff were friendly and helpful when unavailable - there was only one person on duty at a time with literally hundreds of guests-hostel+hotel combined.The onlly real problem I had was finding the hotel. There is no hotel (or any other building for that matter) at the address listed. After a while, I noticed a small sign with a list of offices (including the hotel) but had I arrived at night I would never had noticed this. The hotel is in fact located in another street (does it have a name?) behind the street listed and the hotel's street only begins at the address listed by your site. You really need to make this clear to those who book !!
4 night family trip May 22, 2014
IL
Hôtel requires 15mins walk to métro, which is the disadvantage
Other trip May 26, 2014
HK
"Suitable for a quick stop!"
Friendly and efficient staff. Booked a twin room in the hotel section which was basic. This was to be expected for the price we paid. A few minutes walk from the main station. Bear in mind that not all trains are stopping at the main station (due to completion of building work) although a short train journey from there will get you to the other main stations.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Danny
I like the hotel.
6 night trip Apr 23, 2014
obinna joseph
"Good place to say but the private wifi !!!!!"
We as a couple rented a twin room. Car parking worked out okay, but options are very limited. The room and bed was very comfortable. We bought the private room wifi and it never worked in the room. We had to station ourselves outside the room in the corridor to use the wifi network. Staff were helpful for city activities. Breakfast was a mixed experience, cheap and simple but no bowls for cereal most mornings.
4 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Walkabout
"Building in progress"
Hotels.com address and map is not in correct place. The hostel is build after Google maps entry. The hostel is on the other side of the building on different road and the direction signs are insufficient.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
Jukka
"Nice hotel next to trains and other transport"
Nice experience
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
florian
Well maintained clean hotel, good value for money.
3 night business trip Dec 24, 2013
"a nice tripe"
It was very good
3 night trip Dec 26, 2013
mitrache ofelia liana
"good place to stay"
Room was very neat, quiet. Very nice. Friendly and helping staff. Close to the metro. I lacked only electric kettle in the room... Great place for a reasonable price!
3 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Luba
"Nice basic hostel"
The room is clean and spacy. The staff are nice. Except the internet access is not convenient at all. There is free wifi at the lobby, yet I often got loged off and banned automatically. What's more, I had to buy wifi access for my room which can only be used for one device and all. Therefore I couldn't have internet access for my phone and pc at the same time. What's worse, it's impossible to log off! Every time I wanted to use my phone to do something on the internet, I had to go to the lobby, which is ridiculous! Apart from that, the hostel is fine.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Viola
"A&O is a hostel"
Our first suprise upon arrival was that this was a hostel. This itself took me by suprise since I thought I had booked a hotel room for me and my son on hotels.com Needless to say we did not come prepared for a stay at a hostel so we were hit with every additional charge that hostels can offer like bedding locks and other amenities. As a hosel it is not that bad, but as a hotel not as expected. They do have a nice area to just relax with a bar, a television, a billiards table table soccer but you have to pay for the use of all those. In my opinion such things should come free and be included with the room charge. With enough small charges your original great rate quickly becomes not so great in the end. Since I was with my son I was rather apprehensive to stay at the hostel especially since he had never done so before, but it all woked out in the end. We were roomed with two great adults and not young party goers, which helped me relax. I would stay here again if I was looking for a hostel but I would still not be happen with all the extra charges that come with the cheaper fare. However now knowing its a hostel I would return prepared and avoid most of them. It does sit rather close to a shopping strip which is just a couple blocks away the military museum which would not be far away if it was not for the construction. Now you have to make a big loop to get there. But it was still worth it. But be aware it is a hostel and not an actual hotel.
2 night family trip Nov 17, 2013
Andre
"Very comfort hotel"
I was visited Vienna 36 times but this is the first time to stay in this hotel and my stay was satisfied than any other hotel even 4 stars
6 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
Prof. Dr. Abou Bakr Ramadan
"Very good"
Very spacious and clean.Although the bathroom situation was not pleasant. There was not tub or some kind of barrier from the shower section and the rest of the bathroom. Water would flow out from the bathroom to our rooms.
3 night trip with friends Oct 21, 2013
"good hotel"
very comfortable, especially co-operative staff..
6 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Comfy place but hard to find"
GOOD: Comfortable, nice - friendly staff, nice neighborhood, close to grocery stores and U-bahn. BAD: very hard to find - you have to go around the building to find it. Lack of sign.
3 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Thesis
"Clean Comfy Hotel for a reasonable price"
Stay - Sept 2013 1) Cleanliness of room/hotel- Very neat and tidy hotel and rooms. It is a new hotel, so feels really good to stay. The family room comes with bunk beds which kids love. 2) Quality of service - The service is excellent with very courteous and friendly staff who are at the reception 24 hours a day to help. They speak and understand English and are very supportive with any help or information. 3) Hotel amenities - The hotel has hot drink machine and a lot of daily essentials can be bought for a reasonable price. There is a bar which serves beer and cocktails along with tea and coffee. There is free Wi-Fi in the hotel lobby and a pool table, a foosball table, mini library (books on a shelf) and children's indoor play area 4) Hotel Location - The hotel is near metro station 7-10 minutes walk and walking distance to the center around 10-15 minutes. You can catch HopOn-HopOff tour by taking the metro. The area is not so interesting as there are constructions happening around for new railway station, residential and commercial buildings. There is a grocery store 2 minutes walking from the hotel and local cafe at 5 minutes walk.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2013