All hotels in Agra, India
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herePlot No. 4/305, Baluganj (Near Police Chowki), Agra, Uttar Pradesh, 282001, India, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.3
    2.9
"totally untruthful"
We had booked 2 rooms. We arrived at 5 PM. They said only 1 was ready, that the other would be ready in 2 hours. We came back at 7 pm. Same situation. We put everything in one room and said we'd be back later. They said when we came back from dinner it will be solved. We came back at 10:10 PM. Same situation. I called for a manager. No manager appeared. We discussed something with a person that would later disappear (many times the same behaviour). Nobody seemed willing to find a solution to the situation. After screaming and demanding on my part (my money back or put me in another hotel), they kicked a family out of a room! in our faces! and that was the room that we got at 11 PM !!!
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
I

"Not so Sunny"
I am inexperienced with India, but I expected cleaner. The towels and bedding were very dingy, hard to tell if they were clean. The restaurant table cloths were really, really dirty, not just stained but visible standing food.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Disappointing stay in Agra"
Our stay in Agra got off to a bad start, having arranged for the hotel to send a taxi to collect us from the train station it failed to appear. When we called to ask what where the taxi was we were told none had been booked and it would cost us 3 times what we had preciously agreed. Needless to say, we used the pre-paid taxi rank instead and ended up paying half what the hotel had originally said they would charge. Once in the hotel, the staff seem to be constantly looking for tips which became very annoying very quickly. On our last evening and day there, there was no hot water. Further afield in Agra, I recommend avoiding the TSR restaurant, I don't think it is a co-incidence that my wife and I had (our only) two days of severe diarrhea immediately after eating there. In terms of things to do in Agra, we were only there for a few days and obviously the Taj Mahal was the main attraction. I'd recommend taking a trip to what is locally referred to as the "baby taj" and to view the taj itself from across the river at sunset if you have time. I'd also recommend a trip out to Fathepur Sikri, we did this on the day of our departure from Agra so we only had a half day there but it was well worth the effort to squeeze it in.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Roddy
Little bit of Paradise in India - My husband and I booked this for one night and after travelling around India it was the perfect spot. I wished we had booked a longer stay, as it was so peaceful and serene. The rooms are well maintained and clean. The bathroom was so unique with the plant in the middle and the open area above, it felt like you were actually outside. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The beach is fantastic and the swimming pool is like an infinity pool.I would highly recommend a stay here to anyone travelling through the area.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Experience at Sun Hotel Agra - 4 star property"
Wrost customer services, one could ever experience. Complimentary Breakfast - a Big Joke Staff Behaviour especially Resturant & Room Service
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Not Good experience"
Not Good experience with this hotel
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2013
Lalit
"Dirty, ok location"
It was dirty, Sand and dirt in the room, especially the bath room. The staff asked for money all the time. More like begging. We could see the taj mahal from the balcony, though. The breakfast was horrible; the things you ar adviced not to eat was served. This is not a four star, not even in india.
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2013
Espen

"Upsss"
I think at India have very little cuality espactation, so far the food was bad cooked and the room was dirty. That much that I had to change from the hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
Carlos
MX
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
narasimhan

TripAdvisor reviews for Sun Hotel Agra

"Sun Hotel"
12/20/14 praveen506 Gurgaon, India
Hotel Sun in Agra is very good & in the city. It is very close to Taj Mahal & Agra Fort.Room Service was good.Multicuisne Restorant is huge space,Food is awesome.Hotel Terrace view was good experience.
"Comfortable stay"
12/07/14 VivekGoel_HCL New Delhi, India
Went there on extended weekend of August 2014, most of the hotels were pre-booked and with kids we don't want to take chance of hotel hunt. Booked this from there Delhi booking office, Mr. Mathur from SUN HOTEL Delhi office provided us a good deal. Hotel reception staff is pretty good, they give us a warm welcome, rooms were allocated in seconds and they ensure luggage is transferred into rooms quickly and safely. We had Taj View Rooms, there is no additional charge for that but Taj was pretty far from place and you can only see top of it, that too in sunlight. Rooms were nice and clean. Room service was pretty slow, although fully booked could be a reason for that. Food was good in taste, but price were on little higher side and serving was less. All in all we enjoyed our stay in SUN Hotel!!
"Sun Hotel Stay"
10/07/14 NiteshKalpa Indore, India
Hotel is Clean and in city. Room service is poor and You dont get hot running water and have to ask for bukets evening at 9.30 in the morning. Colour on walls are leaving space and need to be painted again. Air conditioning is good. Food is good.
"Not upto expectations"
10/07/14 Wanderlust11235 Mumbai (Bombay), India
The Hotel is in good location. Close to railway station, Taj Mahal and Agra fort. But the water is very hard and tastes weird,pungent. You dont feel like using this water. The rooms are dirty. Total disappointment for the price you pay. breakfast buffets is ok. No varieties and doesn't taste great. Food at this restaurant is average and very expensive. i would recommend to try restaurants at mall road which are really good. Many fast food restaurants are available.
"GOOD"
09/16/14 819ARTI819 New Delhi, India
If you are looking for good property its an option ,though water is not good but rest of the things are quite good.We have booked a taxi there and visited vrandavan mathura and fatehpur seekri.. Good Breakfast which is included ,Nice aura
"Hard water & hard time"
09/14/14 chetanchandra303
My first hand experience of this hotel isn't good at all. I was travelling with my Australian friends and we selected this hotel after reading others review about this hotel but once we were there it was total disappointment. The water here seems to be hard and that's why soaps don't lather and it taste funny too. The air con stopped working at midnight while I was asleep and the room was like sauna. There was a bath tub in bathroom for sure but it was dirty. The food we tried here was tasty and quantity was good too.
"Dirty rooms and overall a pretty disappointing experience, but the restaurant was good!"
08/20/14 P-Dingy London, United Kingdom
Travelling with my boyfriend and 2 friends, we booked 3 Deluxe rooms at the Sun Hotel Agra. We had problems from the moment we arrived. They asked to see a record of our booking, but as we had booked quite late the night before we didn't have a print out. Their internet was down too, so we couldn't check our emails either. We kept asking them to check their web bookings and our IDs for verification, and apparently their whole system was down, so they had to contact their head office or something. After about half an hour, and after they'd taken our passports and had us fill out their forms, they took us up to our rooms. The elevator felt unventilated and had NO A/C, total sweatbox! Then when we got out, the hallway lights were all off and the place looked like something out of a horror movie and again, no A/C!. The usher took us to the first room, which had twin beds, so we straight away told him there was a mistake, as we had booked 3 Deluxe rooms, which should've been all double beds. He didn't seem to understand as he continued to show us to another room which was identical... so we all just went back down to reception to work it out. The guy at reception couldn't understand what the problem was, so it took a while to get it sorted. Eventually my boyfriend and I were shown to a different room on the 3rd floor which had a double bed, but then they tried to get our 2 friends to share a room with the twin beds! At that point my friends were ready to give up and just accept it, but I put my foot down and told the staff that we had paid for 3 rooms, not 2! After all the drama we had thus far with the hotel, I wasn't too surprised to find that our room was disgusting. We had various stains on our sheets, the A/C was loud and looked like it was about to fall out of the window and the water from the bathroom basin was actually brown! The entire bathroom was just terrible - poor lighting, no hot water, the toilet paper was like sandpaper (not to mention it was a used roll, with only a quarter of the roll left when we got to the room), there was old soap lying on the bath tub which I could only guess meant the bathroom was not cleaned... and the bathtub... my gosh... there was no way I'd take a bath in that, I even kept my thongs on when showering there... so I really don't understand the reviews from people that were raving about how great it was to have a bath here! Also the 'balcony' was filled with stagnant water from the A/C and was completely unusable. So this hotel has its own restaurant but we wanted to have lunch in town, or somewhere else, nearby. The staff member at reception told us that there were some places behind the hotel...so we wondered off and after walking through slums for about 20 minutes without finding anything apart from a few mechanics and beggars, we headed back. Reception then told us there was in fact no restaurants nearby and we should eat at their restaurant..again we asked if there was somewhere else and eventually we were directed to the "only" restaurant in town (he told the auto-rickshaw driver the directions). Arriving at the restaurant, we discovered the place was actually called "The Only Restaurant"...(which we had a good giggle about). The place was empty when we got there, but as it was the Only restaurant around we gave it a go and it was ok. Later we headed to Agra Fort and learnt, that there were in fact other restaurants around...! After a day of sightseeing, we were pooped! So we decided to have dinner at the hotel's restaurant and try and book our next day's accommodation over dinner. Thankfully the wi-fi was back up and running, although the connection was pretty dodgy. Dinner was great and the portion sizes weren't bad at all... the only issue was the waitstaff didn't really speak english, so it was difficult to know what we were ordering (but we were lucky we had an indian friend travelling with us). We had an indian breakfast there the next morning and it was delicious! After check out, they tried to get us to fill out some feedback forms which wanted all our contact info again for some reason (it was like a sign out or something)... I didn't want to leave my email address and didn't have the time to give them my honest feedback, so just firmly refused to fill it out. In short, I was not pleased at all with my stay here. The staff seemed nice enough and always had a smile on their face, but for me, cleanliness is the number one priority and this place was just yuck. Added info: - There is a rooftop, which is pretty cool. However you cannot go up there unescorted, as there are wild monkeys who frequent the place!!! So ask the reception guys to take you up there! - We used the same auto-rickshaw driver for the entire time we were in Agra - just make sure you don't accept the first rate they offer, either way, it's much cheaper than a taxi, and much more agile through the traffic jams - There is security at the hotel which is great, as the beggars and other auto-rickshaw drivers can sometimes be pretty pesky
"Avoid this place."
08/15/14 orsiae
We went to this hotel because it was prearranged for us by an agency. I have been visiting India for the past 5 months with my Indian boyfriend and this is by far one of the worst experiences we have had. First of all, our room floor was dirty, several of the plugs did not work, there were some stains on the sheets. Second of all, we were told by the reception that hot water was not available EVER when we came back to the hotel around 11pm. My boyfriend asked in hindi if it was available in the morning or in the early evening but he was told that it was never available. The next day (after having to take a cold shower) I complained and was then told that I could have had hot water by the bucket. Not sure if it was true. But if this was truly a 4 Star hotel, the least they could do is provide customers with hot water. The staff was not helpful and service was slow. They just did not seem to care and were always expecting to be tipped. The food was pretty bad: we had terrible club sandwiches for lunch. the breakfast was supposed to have fresh fruit juice: It was, of course, unavailable and the only juice they had was an awful canned mango juice. The price for a room with a Taj Mahal view was advertised at the front desk for 6000 Rupees per night. I hope nobody ever had to pay that much for such bad service and no hot water.
"Avoid this place"
08/11/14 jhughman New York City, New York
We came to this hotel because it was prearranged by an agency. Otherwise, we would've gone elsewhere. Very rude staff that seemed too busy playing on their mobiles to notice us at the reception desk. There was no hot water to take a shower. The bathroom was not very clean. The ceiling fan was hanging by wires only. Lamps had loose wires and cannot be plugged into the wall sockets. The positives: a big, spacious room and working cable TV and a comfortable bed. Can see the Taj Mahil from the rooftop. Overall: overpriced for what you get
"This hotel is oke"
07/30/14 Peter v Utrecht, The Netherlands
The rooms at this hotel are pretty good exept for the bathroom. Seems like they didnt clean it and there is no hot water. We also used roomservice, the food was not good at all. The breakfast is not good either.. Dont expect to much, its allright