All hotels in Agra, India
Plot No. 4/305Baluganj (Near Police Chowki), AgraUttar Pradesh282001India, ‏‎800-491-6126

Regular internet service
    Room is all right
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"totally untruthful"
We had booked 2 rooms. We arrived at 5 PM. They said only 1 was ready, that the other would be ready in 2 hours. We came back at 7 pm. Same situation. We put everything in one room and said we'd be back later. They said when we came back from dinner it will be solved. We came back at 10:10 PM. Same situation. I called for a manager. No manager appeared. We discussed something with a person that would later disappear (many times the same behaviour). Nobody seemed willing to find a solution to the situation. After screaming and demanding on my part (my money back or put me in another hotel), they kicked a family out of a room! in our faces! and that was the room that we got at 11 PM !!!
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
I

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Poor experience"
Advertised as accessible but only bath, Staff poor and manager not willing to listen to suggestions Food poor Position good can see the Taj if not foggy Food trays left outside for days even though not many customers Bed comfortable
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Jen
"Not so Sunny"
I am inexperienced with India, but I expected cleaner. The towels and bedding were very dingy, hard to tell if they were clean. The restaurant table cloths were really, really dirty, not just stained but visible standing food.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Disappointing stay in Agra"
Our stay in Agra got off to a bad start, having arranged for the hotel to send a taxi to collect us from the train station it failed to appear. When we called to ask what where the taxi was we were told none had been booked and it would cost us 3 times what we had preciously agreed. Needless to say, we used the pre-paid taxi rank instead and ended up paying half what the hotel had originally said they would charge. Once in the hotel, the staff seem to be constantly looking for tips which became very annoying very quickly. On our last evening and day there, there was no hot water. Further afield in Agra, I recommend avoiding the TSR restaurant, I don't think it is a co-incidence that my wife and I had (our only) two days of severe diarrhea immediately after eating there. In terms of things to do in Agra, we were only there for a few days and obviously the Taj Mahal was the main attraction. I'd recommend taking a trip to what is locally referred to as the "baby taj" and to view the taj itself from across the river at sunset if you have time. I'd also recommend a trip out to Fathepur Sikri, we did this on the day of our departure from Agra so we only had a half day there but it was well worth the effort to squeeze it in.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Roddy
Little bit of Paradise in India - My husband and I booked this for one night and after travelling around India it was the perfect spot. I wished we had booked a longer stay, as it was so peaceful and serene. The rooms are well maintained and clean. The bathroom was so unique with the plant in the middle and the open area above, it felt like you were actually outside. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The beach is fantastic and the swimming pool is like an infinity pool.I would highly recommend a stay here to anyone travelling through the area.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Experience at Sun Hotel Agra - 4 star property"
Wrost customer services, one could ever experience. Complimentary Breakfast - a Big Joke Staff Behaviour especially Resturant & Room Service
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
IN

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Upsss"
I think at India have very little cuality espactation, so far the food was bad cooked and the room was dirty. That much that I had to change from the hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
Carlos
MX
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
narasimhan

TripAdvisor reviews for Sun Hotel Agra

"Worst Hotel I've stayed in"
03/31/16 Tania1244 Burnham, United Kingdom
We booked three rooms, all rooms had poor showers where the bath tubs flooded and there was no hot water. The water hardly came out of the showers in all rooms. The room I was originally given had to be changed as it had stains over the pillows and duvet. There was empty wrappers on the floor and clearly had not been cleaned. The second room was still dirty but kept it as we had been travelling for over 14hours by car and was desperate for sleep. The next day we had breakfast, the tea and coffee was awful. They charged us 5x times more the usual price for food that was terrible and when we asked the staff about it, they told us it was the price but wouldn't provide evidence of the cost. The hotel was by far the worst hotel i have stayed in. The rooms were so dirty that it is unbelievable they are still running, the food was awful. There was issues in every room we encountered and they were incredibly rude. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
"Good Rooms in decent pricing but pathetic service"
03/27/16 Satbir2011 Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
I got them via OYO rooms which offered discounts hence the pricing was in my budget. But, their room service makes you angry all the time. Even for a jug of water we waited for more than hour despite 3-4 phone calls to reception. More on, during complimentary breakfast I asked the waiters to fill-up the emptied dishes, waited for half-an-hour still they did't despite reminding them. It's like the hotel management just don't care about the customers. But, overall I would say, take their room, trying having your food outside.
"Worst hotel I've ever been to"
03/15/16 Marta P California
I have traveled around the world and this is literally the worst place I've been too. The restaurant is dirty and seems to have sanitation issues. The rooms deserve 2 stars, which is the best I can give out of everything. The towels are nasty and they were already dirty. There were no toiletries either.... I would recommend to pay a little more money. Ps- I don't need someone to walk me to my room.... Someone from the front would literally walk behind me every time I would go to the room and they would stand there until I would walk into my room. I don't know if this is a cultural norm, but it was really weird and out of the hundred+ hotels I've been too, this has definitely never occurred.
"Terrible experience"
02/18/16 ram12634 Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
We booked a room in Sun Hotel, Agra through OYO rooms few days ago. The room given to us was not clean. Floors were not moped, coffee stains were on the floor, bathroom was extremely dirty. After informing the staff, we were given another room, which was a little better than the first one, but not very great. Basic toiletries like toothpaste was not provided, towels were of really low quality, that anyone wouldn't even want to wipe their hands with it. We had to ask the staff atleast 6 to 7 times, and only then the WiFi details were provided. Food was decent enough, which is the only thing good about this hotel.
"awesome experience"
02/08/16 lekh011 National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
The location of this hotel is reachable from every station and bus stand, also the sight seeings. The room was nice and clean. I booked through OYO rooms, so breakfast was complimentory. The service was good and people there are friendly and warm.
"Terrible welcome"
02/06/16 Maia B Lisbon, Portugal
We arrived at 6 pm to agra from jaipur really tired just to be informed that our room was not available as the other guests did not check out. Therefor, they took us to another partner hotel (sun hotel) trying to convince us that we were upgradded. When we finally got to the room we wetre suprised by the disgustibg steins on the sheets and on the walls. We asked politely to have them changed and they inmeddiately did so as they new they were absolutely dirty. They had no better idea that to send us to the same room to wait while they arranged it. We were 20 monute looking how 6 men in a tiny room tried to make a bed. Wifi is not working proporly neither do the plugs in the room. Hope it will get better Ps- we are very used to low budget hotels but this looks nothing like a 3 star hotel
"You Pay for what you get!"
02/04/16 loulee2005 London, United Kingdom
We stayed in this hotel in November 2015. We arrived at 10pm from Travelling and had only planned the one nights stay in a rush. The hotel itself was reasonably clean though we did have to move rooms twice after lime scale stained baths and dirty bed linen (including marks and hairs) but we only paid £27 for the night. on arrival there was no food AT ALL left and the staff stated that there was no water, their English wasn't much to be desired so I had to go to the restaurant only to find out that they could make us a cheese sandwich and did indeed have water. The service was very poor and we have found that if you need WIFI then these hotels are quick to advertise that they do facilitate that only to find out that on arrival you could see the network but it wasn't working??? The only good thing about this hotel was its location to the Taj Mahal. If you were to stay I would only recommend one night and to make sure you are armed with some food!
"Pleasant stay with few issues "
01/19/16 Rahul S
Nice experience. Hotel is good. Location is even better. SeeviC is good but food qaulity isnt that good and a bit costly as well. No room heater in deluxe room while there should be in winter seasons. Overall a good choive but they need improvements in food quality.
"Worse than a nightmare"
12/30/15 RohitRajeev Noida, India
the only good thing about his hotel is his location,which is near to tajmahal n red fort.rest all is lousy be it room service,the food,or the facilities.i went there recently on 24th of december with my family of four,the prices automatically had risen as it was a long extended weekend and christmas holidays as well.we got 2 rooms for a night for 4000.after checkin,the access card of one of the hotel rooms was'nt working,which was fixed after repeated failure attempts to do so.next went to the inbuilt resturant downstairs.ordered food only to wait for an hour before it was served.the food was tasteless.for that they charged 1200 bucks for 4 people.after the humiliation,came back to room.it was cold and the minimum temprature was 4 degrees.they had provided only 1 slim blanket,when we demanded extra one,after much hassles they gave only 2.we had to sleep in a thin blanket to wake up to cold in morning.in morning ordered tea but it came after 45 minutes and 5 phone calls.its really a shame to serving people and hospitality.guys please read this review and never ever dream to go there.
"Average Hotel"
12/29/15 abhi9032 Lucknow, India
Average budget hotel...We stayed here for 1 day only...room is in good condition but the lock of bathroom was not working...also the flow of water in taps were very slow..Food is very very expensive.overall nice experience..the main attraction of this hotel is the view of Taj Mahal from rooms.