All hotels in Lijiang, China
111 Xing Wen Alley Qi Yi Street, Old Town District, Lijiang, Yunnan, 674100, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0

非常棒的入住体验
2 night family trip May 5, 2015
CN

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Indigo Lijiang Ancient Town

"Very tastefully done up place"
07/16/15 Augustine F Shanghai Region, China
Our first mistake was trusting the airport taxi to take us to the right place, well he did take us to the ancient town and since you have to walk in the town (no vehicles allowed inside), he pointed us down the wrong path, after walking and dragging our luggage through almost half the town we finally found the place was right by the road and we didn't need to do all the luggage carrying around, which was painful. So for people going there make sure you get the driver to call the hotel and drop you off at the right place. The hotel is very tastefully done up and each of the articles placed in the room were done very well, for the kind of money paid for it, the experience was amazing. each and every thing in the room from the coffee maker, bath tub the decor was very nice to experience. There was a ipad to order room service, though our seem to have a problem with the order going though and we had to do it the old fashioned way of calling someone to take down the order. The staff was very helpful, Peter and Paul were the two front desk manages who helps us a lot in suggestions of places to go, things to do, booking of cars etc. The room service was good, however the local meal that we ordered was not to our taste buds, (we are used to eating spicy food) and sweet stuff just puts us off, but guess we should have checked first, the western dinner of burger n steak was fine. Having walked around the ancient town we saw a number of smaller hotels and quaint looking BnB but not sure what the rooms would be like and what the service could be.. So overall while it was the most expensive hotel from all our trips in China, I think it was worth it.
"Excellent location and service"
07/02/15 BMM01 Brisbane, Australia
Great location right in the heart of the old town. Service was excellent as were the meals. Rooms are beautifully designed and decorated in very modern western taste. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended.
"Great rooms but staff need some training"
06/26/15 samwardill London
The room we were given was fantastic with a view over the mountains, huge bed, massive bathroom, Bose stereo, coffee machine etc.. The hotel is very chic. The staff let the hotel down. The concierge refused to help us book a restaurant in town. They suggested we use the hotel restaurant. However the hotel restaurant never had more than two people in it. The one time we tried to go in for lunch the staff just looked at us strangely not knowing what to do so we left. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning and it was overpriced and nothing special. To top it all they charged my bill in my credit card currency rather than RMB despite me explicitly saying I wanted to be charged in RMB. I think the staff just need a bit of training from IHG head office and the restaurant needs to try to market itself on its own merits rather than trying to rely on guests as a captive audience.
"wow factor"
06/23/15 deb2barb Toledo, Ohio
Most things about this place surprise and delight. I personally love the décor, the not so little things like the heated bathroom floor, the automatic blinds and the personal "courtyard". The service was thoughtful and accommodating. It was quiet and comfortable. The location is great. The morning markets are a cultural delight. The breakfast is varied so most people can find something to enjoy. On my birthday they brought an incredibly beautiful cake to my room...very special. All in all I would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again.
"Mind blowing."
03/01/15 Lonelyplanet_1975
What a mind blowing experience to stay at this hotel and spend endless time through the intrinsic streets of the grand old lijang ancient city. This is a fabulous luxury hotel, that falls under the small luxury boutique style hotels. However, it is far away from being small, extremely large rooms are built in an environment that is landscaped like an ancient Chinese town. To be honest, this is one of most luxurious properties that I have ever stayed at, breath taking rooms with excellent interior elements. The bathroom was one of the most elegant and beautiful hotel bathrooms I have seen across the globe. It's got everything that a luxury boutique hotel bathroom should posses, extremely large whirlpool bathtub to rain showers to double table top sinks to walk in closet to bubble bath to superb collection of toiletries to everything under the sun is available in this extra large bath space. :) I was amazed by the design of the basement style library with elegant sitting areas. It is fascinating to sit and have an evening drink in this beautiful space. Every inch of this hotel is designed well. Yes, it's a designer hotel with an ancient touch. This is part of the Crown Plaza hotel, located next door, which has a large swimming pool and a superb gym. A stay at this hotel could be a real treat if you are a person who work tirelessly and deserves a treat once a while. :)
"Brilliant rooms balance out average everything else"
12/28/14 Warwick John F Shanghai
Stayed for 3 nights. The rooms are great. Underfloor heating in the bathroom area, sunshine in the rooms. Well heated which is good as things cool down in the evenings. The location is a little away from the hustle and bustle of Ancient town but still just a short 5 min walk to get into it. Service was really friendly and helpful. Couple of down sides. The breakfast was not that overwhelming. It's adequate but you'd expect better. Also, the automatic curtains in the room jammed a couple of times which was annoying. We were also charged a service charge on a complimentary afternoon tea which was unprofessional (even though it was removed when we queried it). We had a great evening chicken hot pot and on the whole enjoyed our trip. The rooms facilities are the stand outs.
"Perfect place"
10/24/14 bmbom Quezon City, Philippines
I came in Oct 18-21, and to suprised the weather was cold around 20C and sunny. As i walked I see this villa like setting and so nice to look at. Insude the room, it was perfect! Sheets are clean and crisp white. Amenities of the room are complete for business likewise for a holiday! Good thing also is the old town side street shops for souvenirs. I like the place, Lijiang China!
"Almost perfect"
09/03/14 LightyPar London
Great hotel. Great service. Amazing rooms. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Fantastic location on the edge of Lijiang old town. The only problem was 15 mins of really noisy water heating (or air con) every morning around 6.30am. We tried 3 different rooms and it happened in all of them. One tip. You can use the facilities of the Crown Plaza next door. Go and watch the sunset from the terrace outside the bar.
"One of the best hotel rooms I've ever stayed in"
07/24/14 GraemeShanghai Shanghai
The room we stayed in (812) is without doubt one of the best hotel rooms I've ever stayed in - with private patio and garden. The lounge area and bedroom are beautifully decorated with all modern amenities including a Bose sound system, a Nespresso coffee and an iPad as well as two large TV's. The bathroom is large with a separate bath, shower and underfloor heating. The staff while a bit raw are full of enthusiasm and certainly do their best to make sure you are well looked after. The food was also good as we dined in and had their traditional hotpot. Concierge also arranged our two day trip to Lugu lake so the Indigo is an ideal base for exploring the area which is full of interesting things to do and see.
"Beautiful Hotel + Great Staff"
06/22/14 thomas_destinations Shanghai, China
Stayed at Hotel Indigo as my base to explore to Yunnan. Stunning hotel with great design, attention to detail and friendly staff. The room are extremely large and comfortable. The Bluetooth Bose Soundsystem was fantastic (but i am bias as I love to play my own music) A nespresso machine the perfect way to start my day 😜 A large bathtub against a beautiful large window overlooking the mountain was fantastic. Local bathroom amenities .... Organic and natural. iPads for all hotel and local info. And high speed internet ... a blessing. Located at the entry to the Ancient Town .... perfect location to explore. I look fwd in spreading the word about this great hotel and returning one day in the future. Do yourself a favour. Book a trip to Lijiang and explore this amazing area .... Stay at hotel indigo now before everyone discovers this gem.