All hotels in Lijiang, China
You can collect® Rewards nights here
111 Xing Wen Alley Qi Yi Street, Old Town District, Lijiang, Yunnan, 674100, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"Nice hotel close to town."
The service is excellent. The only shortcoming is that the variety of food is too few.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015

The following reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"too noisy"
room near road, too noisy in the early morning and mid night
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
本来悦榕庄,洲际都去看过了,一看这家就十分满意,色彩丰富时尚是indigo酒店的特色,这家位于丽江古城门口附近,实在方便,住了两天后去大理才发现神马海景客栈都是浮云啊。。。这才是真正的奢华体验。早餐十分丰盛,附近酒店介绍的餐饮无论是高档还是集市路边摊都十分美味,给前台点个大赞! 当然有点震惊的是mini bar有点小贵,饿了吃了碗泡面60元。。算是十分里面小小遗憾。。总体肯定是推荐,以后来丽江不住别家了。
Genuine guest review
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Genuine guest review
2 night family trip May 5, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Indigo Lijiang Ancient Town

"Special Thanks from Singapore!"
09/16/15 ahjeffah Singapore, Singapore
Special Thanks from Singapore to Customer Relationship Manager for 10th September 2015 Evening/Night (Apologize for forgetting to ask his name) as well as He Yi, who is only 1 month into his current job and i strongly believes he has full passion in it. Knowing that i am suffering from food poisoning and slight fever via phone call to the reception, Manager took the initiative and got me a pot of Ginger Tea (and yes, free of charge) to make me feel better. It got me better for a while, but my illness was more than what the Ginger Tea could help. The manager got me a cab, negotiated a cheaper fee to the hospital, got his staff (He Yi) to bring me to the Hospital. I spent around 5 hours ( from 5pm plus to 10pm plus) in the hospital from blood pressure testing to blood testing to bowel testing and finally, sitting in one position for 3 packets of Drips. Through out this "journey"He Yi remained by me (including sitting in that chair for 3 hours plus for drips) doing all the miscellaneous work for my convenience. From guiding me around the hospital, speaking to the staffs, advance party to find the rooms to go while i rest, holding my jacket, paying some money for me (with his limited cash of course as he is still at work) chit chatting with me and share with me about the town and locals and finding blanket to cover me while im in the drip seat. The small tip i gave (which he rejected till i forced him to keep as an appreciation) will never be enough to show my appreciation at that moment of need. With the manager calling constantly to get updated on my status, i truly feel the hospitality of the Hotel INDIGO till now that im back in my place, safe and healthy. 2 sentences that i will always remember about customer orientation from this Hotel: "Quick, the customer is very sick, bring him to the hospital now" and "The customers are rushing for their flight, fasten your actions and get a cab for them now." Thank you so much once again to the Manager and He Yi. Thank you so much to all the smiley staffs in the awesome hotel who always bring me the U shaped curve on my lips when we meet With already high ratings on the location and atmosphere of the hotels, i will place an even higher rating on their Service towards Customers. Thank you Hotel INDIGO!
"Never had such an amazing Hotel"
08/18/15 Tim T
Never had i had such an amazing hotel together with the Intercontinental just across the street this is how High end Hotel Should be. i was greeted by name when i stepped out of the car and was upgraded to my own villa. Being an IHG Member really pays off here. The hot Pot at the restaurant is superb the old tea horse route is reflected across the hotel and its an oasis of calm inside of the inner streets of the hotel. i absolutely love it here.
"Very tastefully done up place"
07/16/15 Augustine F Shanghai Region, China
Our first mistake was trusting the airport taxi to take us to the right place, well he did take us to the ancient town and since you have to walk in the town (no vehicles allowed inside), he pointed us down the wrong path, after walking and dragging our luggage through almost half the town we finally found the place was right by the road and we didn't need to do all the luggage carrying around, which was painful. So for people going there make sure you get the driver to call the hotel and drop you off at the right place. The hotel is very tastefully done up and each of the articles placed in the room were done very well, for the kind of money paid for it, the experience was amazing. each and every thing in the room from the coffee maker, bath tub the decor was very nice to experience. There was a ipad to order room service, though our seem to have a problem with the order going though and we had to do it the old fashioned way of calling someone to take down the order. The staff was very helpful, Peter and Paul were the two front desk manages who helps us a lot in suggestions of places to go, things to do, booking of cars etc. The room service was good, however the local meal that we ordered was not to our taste buds, (we are used to eating spicy food) and sweet stuff just puts us off, but guess we should have checked first, the western dinner of burger n steak was fine. Having walked around the ancient town we saw a number of smaller hotels and quaint looking BnB but not sure what the rooms would be like and what the service could be.. So overall while it was the most expensive hotel from all our trips in China, I think it was worth it.
"Excellent location and service"
07/02/15 BMM01 Brisbane, Australia
Great location right in the heart of the old town. Service was excellent as were the meals. Rooms are beautifully designed and decorated in very modern western taste. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended.
"Great rooms but staff need some training"
06/26/15 samwardill London
The room we were given was fantastic with a view over the mountains, huge bed, massive bathroom, Bose stereo, coffee machine etc.. The hotel is very chic. The staff let the hotel down. The concierge refused to help us book a restaurant in town. They suggested we use the hotel restaurant. However the hotel restaurant never had more than two people in it. The one time we tried to go in for lunch the staff just looked at us strangely not knowing what to do so we left. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning and it was overpriced and nothing special. To top it all they charged my bill in my credit card currency rather than RMB despite me explicitly saying I wanted to be charged in RMB. I think the staff just need a bit of training from IHG head office and the restaurant needs to try to market itself on its own merits rather than trying to rely on guests as a captive audience.
"wow factor"
06/23/15 deb2barb Toledo, Ohio
Most things about this place surprise and delight. I personally love the décor, the not so little things like the heated bathroom floor, the automatic blinds and the personal "courtyard". The service was thoughtful and accommodating. It was quiet and comfortable. The location is great. The morning markets are a cultural delight. The breakfast is varied so most people can find something to enjoy. On my birthday they brought an incredibly beautiful cake to my room...very special. All in all I would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again.
"Mind blowing."
03/01/15 Lonelyplanet_1975
What a mind blowing experience to stay at this hotel and spend endless time through the intrinsic streets of the grand old lijang ancient city. This is a fabulous luxury hotel, that falls under the small luxury boutique style hotels. However, it is far away from being small, extremely large rooms are built in an environment that is landscaped like an ancient Chinese town. To be honest, this is one of most luxurious properties that I have ever stayed at, breath taking rooms with excellent interior elements. The bathroom was one of the most elegant and beautiful hotel bathrooms I have seen across the globe. It's got everything that a luxury boutique hotel bathroom should posses, extremely large whirlpool bathtub to rain showers to double table top sinks to walk in closet to bubble bath to superb collection of toiletries to everything under the sun is available in this extra large bath space. :) I was amazed by the design of the basement style library with elegant sitting areas. It is fascinating to sit and have an evening drink in this beautiful space. Every inch of this hotel is designed well. Yes, it's a designer hotel with an ancient touch. This is part of the Crown Plaza hotel, located next door, which has a large swimming pool and a superb gym. A stay at this hotel could be a real treat if you are a person who work tirelessly and deserves a treat once a while. :)
"Brilliant rooms balance out average everything else"
12/28/14 Warwick John F Shanghai
Stayed for 3 nights. The rooms are great. Underfloor heating in the bathroom area, sunshine in the rooms. Well heated which is good as things cool down in the evenings. The location is a little away from the hustle and bustle of Ancient town but still just a short 5 min walk to get into it. Service was really friendly and helpful. Couple of down sides. The breakfast was not that overwhelming. It's adequate but you'd expect better. Also, the automatic curtains in the room jammed a couple of times which was annoying. We were also charged a service charge on a complimentary afternoon tea which was unprofessional (even though it was removed when we queried it). We had a great evening chicken hot pot and on the whole enjoyed our trip. The rooms facilities are the stand outs.
"Perfect place"
10/24/14 bmbom Quezon City, Philippines
I came in Oct 18-21, and to suprised the weather was cold around 20C and sunny. As i walked I see this villa like setting and so nice to look at. Insude the room, it was perfect! Sheets are clean and crisp white. Amenities of the room are complete for business likewise for a holiday! Good thing also is the old town side street shops for souvenirs. I like the place, Lijiang China!
"Almost perfect"
09/03/14 LightyPar London
Great hotel. Great service. Amazing rooms. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Fantastic location on the edge of Lijiang old town. The only problem was 15 mins of really noisy water heating (or air con) every morning around 6.30am. We tried 3 different rooms and it happened in all of them. One tip. You can use the facilities of the Crown Plaza next door. Go and watch the sunset from the terrace outside the bar.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews