All hotels in Lijiang, China
111 Xing Wen Alley Qi Yi StreetOld Town District, LijiangYunnan674100China, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
    Great room
    Food is all right
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Nice hotel close to town."
The service is excellent. The only shortcoming is that the variety of food is too few.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Gemütlich, gepflegt, sehr aufmerksames Personal"
Perfekt
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2016
Arianna
CH
"too noisy"
room near road, too noisy in the early morning and mid night
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
HK
"丽江最IN最潮的酒店,没有之一"
本来悦榕庄,洲际都去看过了,一看这家就十分满意,色彩丰富时尚是indigo酒店的特色,这家位于丽江古城门口附近,实在方便,住了两天后去大理才发现神马海景客栈都是浮云啊。。。这才是真正的奢华体验。早餐十分丰盛,附近酒店介绍的餐饮无论是高档还是集市路边摊都十分美味,给前台点个大赞! 当然有点震惊的是mini bar有点小贵,饿了吃了碗泡面60元。。算是十分里面小小遗憾。。总体肯定是推荐,以后来丽江不住别家了。
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
CN
"很值得一住的酒店"
非常棒的入住体验
2 night family trip May 5, 2015
CN

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Indigo Lijiang Ancient Town

"Excellent. price is the only issue"
04/29/16 Blirola New York
Very nice suite, very large bathroom, bedroom and living area. right at the entrance of the old city. No breakfast though. Exceptional comfort, but exceptional price as well. Worth the spoil!! We will return.
"Beautiful peaceful getaway next to the ancient town"
02/11/16 karen77700 Melbourne, Australia
We loved this hotel and Lijiang old town! The hotel is designed in a resort style. Lijiang used to be a main stop for the horses and traders on the Silk Road so the hotel is designed around the horse theme with saddles seats in reception and horse shoe hooks in the bathroom, very detailed and creative design. The grounds are also beautiful and well maintained with high level of security at the gate. The facilities are shared with Intercon next door but I think being a smaller resort it feels quieter and more peaceful than the bigger neighbour. The breakfast spread every morning is excellent and yummy and can also order main dishes on top. The location of the hotel is great right next to old town about 10min walk through the laneways into the main section of the old town. It is a very pleasant walk with lots of shops and bars nearby. We look forward to staying here again next time!
"Great location, beautiful rooms"
12/31/15 flitting_bird Hong Kong
Stayed here recently for 3 nights. Location next to the old town was excellent. Rooms were spacious, well appointed and bed was very comfortable. What really stood out in this hotel was the quality of the staff. Friendly, knowledgable and very helpful and were willing to go out of their way to be of service. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Location is near the south gate of the old town and it's an easy 10 min walk into the heart of the old town
"Empathetic architecture and stylish accommodations"
12/09/15 industryvet Perth, Western Australia
The Hotel Indigo is adjacent to the InterContinental and provides an excellent base from which to explore the Ancient Town. My room was spacious and well-appointed; great bathroom and overall, extremely comfortable. Staff were friendly but late dinner F.& B was a bit lacking at the time of my stay. The Hotel Indigo is a refreshing alternative to the InterContinental in terms of accommodation but the InterContinental has more extensive facilities which can thankfully be shared with Indigo guests
"A gem in an "interesting" place"
12/05/15 Robbie B Cambridge, Massachusetts
We had a very short stay at the Indigo, too short, sadly: we arrived late in the evening, much later than expected, after a LONG day of hassled air travel in China where delays are endemic, and we left (reluctantly!) after breakfast the next morning. We wish we could have stayed longer in this gem. The room was as luxurious and comfortable as it could be. We like our bedroom cold and the a/c did its job, quietly and efficiently. The bathroom sparkled, everything working like a charm. And breakfast the next morning was delicious. The only negative: the air quality, compromised even in this far corner of Yunnan. But this is not something over which the hotel has control. Just a very sad fact of life for residents of and visitors to China.
"Special Thanks from Singapore!"
09/16/15 ahjeffah Singapore, Singapore
Special Thanks from Singapore to Customer Relationship Manager for 10th September 2015 Evening/Night (Apologize for forgetting to ask his name) as well as He Yi, who is only 1 month into his current job and i strongly believes he has full passion in it. Knowing that i am suffering from food poisoning and slight fever via phone call to the reception, Manager took the initiative and got me a pot of Ginger Tea (and yes, free of charge) to make me feel better. It got me better for a while, but my illness was more than what the Ginger Tea could help. The manager got me a cab, negotiated a cheaper fee to the hospital, got his staff (He Yi) to bring me to the Hospital. I spent around 5 hours ( from 5pm plus to 10pm plus) in the hospital from blood pressure testing to blood testing to bowel testing and finally, sitting in one position for 3 packets of Drips. Through out this "journey"He Yi remained by me (including sitting in that chair for 3 hours plus for drips) doing all the miscellaneous work for my convenience. From guiding me around the hospital, speaking to the staffs, advance party to find the rooms to go while i rest, holding my jacket, paying some money for me (with his limited cash of course as he is still at work) chit chatting with me and share with me about the town and locals and finding blanket to cover me while im in the drip seat. The small tip i gave (which he rejected till i forced him to keep as an appreciation) will never be enough to show my appreciation at that moment of need. With the manager calling constantly to get updated on my status, i truly feel the hospitality of the Hotel INDIGO till now that im back in my place, safe and healthy. 2 sentences that i will always remember about customer orientation from this Hotel: "Quick, the customer is very sick, bring him to the hospital now" and "The customers are rushing for their flight, fasten your actions and get a cab for them now." Thank you so much once again to the Manager and He Yi. Thank you so much to all the smiley staffs in the awesome hotel who always bring me the U shaped curve on my lips when we meet With already high ratings on the location and atmosphere of the hotels, i will place an even higher rating on their Service towards Customers. Thank you Hotel INDIGO!
"Never had such an amazing Hotel"
08/18/15 Tim T
Never had i had such an amazing hotel together with the Intercontinental just across the street this is how High end Hotel Should be. i was greeted by name when i stepped out of the car and was upgraded to my own villa. Being an IHG Member really pays off here. The hot Pot at the restaurant is superb the old tea horse route is reflected across the hotel and its an oasis of calm inside of the inner streets of the hotel. i absolutely love it here.
"Very tastefully done up place"
07/15/15 Augustine F Shanghai Region, China
Our first mistake was trusting the airport taxi to take us to the right place, well he did take us to the ancient town and since you have to walk in the town (no vehicles allowed inside), he pointed us down the wrong path, after walking and dragging our luggage through almost half the town we finally found the place was right by the road and we didn't need to do all the luggage carrying around, which was painful. So for people going there make sure you get the driver to call the hotel and drop you off at the right place. The hotel is very tastefully done up and each of the articles placed in the room were done very well, for the kind of money paid for it, the experience was amazing. each and every thing in the room from the coffee maker, bath tub the decor was very nice to experience. There was a ipad to order room service, though our seem to have a problem with the order going though and we had to do it the old fashioned way of calling someone to take down the order. The staff was very helpful, Peter and Paul were the two front desk manages who helps us a lot in suggestions of places to go, things to do, booking of cars etc. The room service was good, however the local meal that we ordered was not to our taste buds, (we are used to eating spicy food) and sweet stuff just puts us off, but guess we should have checked first, the western dinner of burger n steak was fine. Having walked around the ancient town we saw a number of smaller hotels and quaint looking BnB but not sure what the rooms would be like and what the service could be.. So overall while it was the most expensive hotel from all our trips in China, I think it was worth it.
"Excellent location and service"
07/01/15 BMM01 Brisbane, Australia
Great location right in the heart of the old town. Service was excellent as were the meals. Rooms are beautifully designed and decorated in very modern western taste. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended.
"Great rooms but staff need some training"
06/26/15 samwardill London
The room we were given was fantastic with a view over the mountains, huge bed, massive bathroom, Bose stereo, coffee machine etc.. The hotel is very chic. The staff let the hotel down. The concierge refused to help us book a restaurant in town. They suggested we use the hotel restaurant. However the hotel restaurant never had more than two people in it. The one time we tried to go in for lunch the staff just looked at us strangely not knowing what to do so we left. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning and it was overpriced and nothing special. To top it all they charged my bill in my credit card currency rather than RMB despite me explicitly saying I wanted to be charged in RMB. I think the staff just need a bit of training from IHG head office and the restaurant needs to try to market itself on its own merits rather than trying to rely on guests as a captive audience.