All hotels in Berlin, Germany
Markgrafenstrasse 16 - 16aBerlinBE10969Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Room is all right
Very nice hotel, great location, one young lady from the staff was a bit rude but apart from this, great stay.
Other trip Jan 11, 2016
"Lovely small hotel close to Checkpoint Charlie"
Lovely small hotel with fully equipped and comfortable modern apartments. Good value for money. Close to Checkpoint Charlie. Everything met expectations. WiFi was very good.
4 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Very nice and comfortable hotel. Room was clean, spacious, and nice. Shower was great. The one negative thing with this hotel is that the WiFi is very tricky. You basically have to reenter the username and password for each device after 15 minutes of not using them, so I had to do this probably 40 times during my 4 day stay. Otherwise, staff was very friendly, great laundry on site, and clean welcoming neighborhood with a lot in walking distance.
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Jordan
"Tops in Berlin"
This is an apartment hotel that is spotless. All the cooking materials you need. Plus you can choose to have a great breakfast at the hotel at extra cost. Very helpful staff all speaking English. A full laundry in the basement. Exercise and sauna also. We loved it.
4 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Claude A.
"A Very Nice Place to Stay."
Our stay at the Mondrian Suites was very nice. Our room had very thing that we wanted. We enjoyed sitting out on the terrace on a daily basis. A breakfast was available to purchase everyday, however, we would have liked a little more variety in the menu and we found it a little expensive. Our grandson enjoyed the playground. Over all a nice place to stay and we would consider staying there again.
6 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
Jean
"Great stay except PLEASE fix the wifi"
I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff is helpful and friendly, the room was comfortable, clean and reasonably spacious. I liked the private terrace overlooking a courtyard. The bar is cozy and the breakfast buffet had fresh fruit, vegetables, smoked meats and fish, as well as delicious breads, yogurt and cereal. I enjoyed sitting outside on the hotel patio at breakfast, during the day or late at night. The location is central and easily accessible by S-bahn from the airport (TXL) and there are plenty of restaurants within a 15 minute walk, especially towards Kreuzberg. Museums and other sights are all within a half hour walk and there are plenty of buses nearby as well. Some reviews complain about the lack of air conditioning-- it was 96 F/40+ C when I was there and although my room was warm, it was cool enough for sleeping comfortably with the windows and terrace door open. My only criticism-- and it's critical for anyone visiting on business-- is that the hotel's wifi is terrible and unreliable at best, and non-existent at worst. Compounding connectivity issues-- the building is located in an area with weak mobile phone coverage so the German SIM card I bought for my US phone was also unreliable at the hotel (not the hotel's fault). I would very strongly urge the hotel to strengthen its wifi to address this serious flaw.
4 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
"Affordable brand new apartment-like stay"
Mondrian Suites is brand new. Lots of closet space and electric plugs. Microwave kitchen with full supplies, refrigerator and dishwasher. Instant hot water. Out of the way neighborhood but close enough to U-bahn for easy connections. Only downside was that it was stuffy with poor air circulation and no fan. Also no in-room coffee maker but you could boil water for tea. I recommend this place highly.
4 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
"Great experience, excellent staff!"
The hotel staff was excellent. They were friendly, and helpful. We forgot to take charge adapters with us, and the concierge hooked us up with a couple to use. The room was very nice, and well equipped. We spent most of our time on the patio, which has a couple of chairs and a small table. During our 10 day stay Berlin experienced a heat wave with temperatures around 37C (99F). The rooms aren't air conditioned, which up to that weekend wasn't really an issue. Overall staying at this hotel, was like living in a nice apartment, and felt like home.
10 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Timothy
"Great Place for First Berlin Visit"
Mondrian was a great place to stay at. We had a suite with kitchenette for our family first time in Berlin. The hotel was conveniently located near Check Point Charlie, train station, and short walk to a few great beer/restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful on tips, especially with food recommendation for us and the kids. The place was modern and clean. No complains at all. Only fond memories.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Only place u must stay in berlin"
It's very nice place and quality rooms , they doing good job there I stayed twice and from now only place to stay for me
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
romeo
"Best place to stay in Berlin"
This is only place I stayed can be consider 4star or up but it's rated 3 star don't know why , most 4 star hotels cannot be even 1 star but this place amazing , I strongly recommend everyone who visits berlin
1 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2015
romeo
"Nice, clean hotel in a good location."
Perfect place to stay for a few days for a business/leisure traveller like me. The hotel is not in the very center, but quite close to many points of interest in Berlin. I'm a good walker and have simply walked everywhere I wanted to visit during my 2 free days. U-Bahn station Kochstrasse is just a few minutes away, so are Checkpoint Charlie, Topography of Terror and Jewish Museum. There is a 20 min walk to Alexanderplatz or Brandenburger Tor. Rooms have a kitchenette with a fridge and electric teapot, iron and ironing board, hair fan, safe. Fast WiFi in the room. The area is quiet, with no traffic or night life nearby, the hotel has a good soundproofing, so I've had a good night rest every day. Reception personnel was very helpful and pleasant.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Sergey
"ENJOYED 4 DAYS & 3 NIGHTS HERE - WILL RETURN"
Fairly new facility, very well operated, clean, neat & well maintained. Located off the main street in a quiet side area. Staff well versed on area. excellent in English. Wi-Fi available in rooms for only 1 Euro per stay. Breakfast is very well presented, unlimited amount & priced reasonably 9.5 Euro.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
J.P.
"Good location, nice room, bad housekeeping"
i ve stayed 8 nights and i enjoyed on my stay. Location was the reason for me to choose this hotel because i easily accessed to metro and bus station. Housekeeping service and wifi were poor. Room is nice, well decorated and it was warm enough. Room has a balcony and kitchenette, this is excellent
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Guv
"New, practical, friendly"
Excellent experience, hotel is conveniently located near the subway, a few steps from checkpoint Charlie and other Berlin spots. Room is very comfortable, feels like a small apartment. Staff is friendly and well prepared.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
andre
"Quiet apartments near to transport"
Rabbits are the first thing I think about when I remember this place. Outside in the courtyard in early evening I counted 14 happily playing in the space provided. There are also a fountain and a kids playground. The apartments are just one of the buildings facing this courtyard. The apartments are functional and near to the underground network which will take you anywhere in Berlin in a short, and not expensive fashion. They are about 10 minutes walk from check point Charlie. In Berlin you can buy a daily travel pass which allows you to use all forms of transport, this is a fantastic deal.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Convenient and practical apartment"
We had a one-bedroom apartment, with an sleeper couch in the living room. The kitchen was well-supplied with dishes and utensils. We stayed in room 809 (the next to the highest floor). We heard no noise from other rooms. There was construction across the courtyard, but it wasn't a problem for us because we are early risers. We were very pleased with the Mondrian and would happily stay there again. A Lidl grocery store is a block away. We are good walkers, so the location was good for us to get to Checkpoint Charley, Museum Island, Gendarmenmarkt, and the Brandenburg Gate. Also, a U-Bahn station is two blocks away.
7 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
Helen R
Convenient location to many attractions and 2 subway stations to help get you everywhere else. The facilities were quiet and clean. The apartment like style made the week long stay very comfortable.
7 night trip Sep 16, 2014
AJ
"Great hotel near Checkpoint Charlie"
This hotel was clean and in good condition. It was only blocks away (walking distance) from Checkpoint Charlie, where you could also find a stop for all the hop-on hop-off buses. There were several good restaurants within a few blocks and a grocery store across the street. Breakfast (surcharge) was good and was well maintained by the chef and waitress (buffet of scrambled eggs, bacon, meats, cheese, breads, coffee, tea, etc). The hotel was very clean in all areas: entry, breakfast area, hallways, and room. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and helpful. In the front there is a small playground area for children. In the middle of the hotel there is a courtyard where we were able to let our dog run around and play. The beds were too firm for me, but typical for many european hotels. My only complaint about the hotel was the internet. In the evenings it would get overloaded and would not let any more users on, sometimes until after midnight. This was problematic for me because I had school work due and had to stay up until 3am both nights I was there to finish it, then wake up for a full day of sight-seeing afterwards. I would recommend this hotel to others as long as you don't need to rely on an internet access.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Jackie
"Convenient free street parking"
We found our room at the Mondrian furnished tastefuly with modern stylish furtinure and bathroom fixtures. However, our shower was missing a shower curtain. The advertisied kitchenette had dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave with some dishes and flatware.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Chris B.
"Convenient location close to the subway, nice room"
Although the hotel is relatively small with limited extra amenities, the rooms are nice and location is worth it. Checkpoint Charlie and the Friedrichstrasse subway station are just a few blocks away, and there are plenty of other attractions close to the hotel. The staff was always helpful with any questions, directing us around Berlin, etc. The room itself was clean, the bed comfortable and exactly as shown in the pictures online. The free wifi didn’t always work, but otherwise everything in the room was excellent.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2014
Traveling Couple
"reely good hotel - part of the wokers are idiots"
problems whith the internet not in all rooms working had to change rooms because of that
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Very comfortable and convenient!"
Stayed here for our last night in Berlin. The 1 bedroom was large and and kitchen was fully equipped. Everyone was helpful and the location decent. Close to some of the main tourist attractions but felt a little sterile at night. Overall a great stay and would highly recommend it. Rare to see such an amazing apartment hotel.
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Thank you very much for your great feedback! Best regards from Berlin! Reiner Siebers
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Beautiful New Hotel"
My husband and I spent a week here. We'd booked a studio/apt and upon arrival were upgraded to a big suite. The room was lovely and the kitchen facilities were state-of-the-art. The china and kitchen utensils were excellent for preparing a full meal if you wished. I would recommend that they provide an English translation for operating the microwave/oven and range hood. I did finally figure it out with the help of a translation program. I would also suggest they provide a sponge and kitchen towels for use while there. The living area was well appointed but could use a brighter lamp for reading. The TV had only German channels, no CNN or English channels. I don't watch TV on vacation so this didn't affect me. The bathroom was very large with a nice shower and nice soaps and body lotion. Towels were very large and fluffy. A brighter light for applying makeup would be helpful. The bedroom was very comfortable with 2 separate goose down comforters and a good mattress and pillows, extras available in a large cupboard. The hotel is in an excellent location for all the major sites to walk to. The staff is bilingual, courteous, cheerful and helpful. There is construction in the area but the double pane windows block the noise. Berlin has construction ALL over the city. I think that the hotel is not completed in certain areas and they have a few things to work out, but overall it is an excellent value
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Dear Karen, thank you very much for your great feedback, Your feedback is important for us and helps us to improve our services and hospitallity. We hope to welcome you again at Mondrian Suites! Best regards from Berlin Reiner
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Perfectly new hotel"
new new new, Wonderful staff, basic but complete breakfast, hardworking manager there 16 hours a day. Someone please take this man on holiday he deserves it. Only 2 wrinkles is U-bahn line under construction so take a taxi from Friedrick Str Bahnhof and new condos building next door so get courtyard room if you want to sleep during day. 1,000x YES this is good place. Dinner meals must walk a few blocks north, this neighborhood is business district so evenings it is empty!
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Dear Fred, Thanks for your great feedback. It was our pleasure to have you staying with us and we hope to welcome you again! Best regards from Berlin Reiner
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
fred
"Like being at home"
I was upgraded to a one bedroom apartment and it made my stay extremely comfortable and enjoyable. I was in Berlin for work -including a weekend- and floor to ceiling windows, balcony, wooden floor and stainless steel appliances made it feel like home. Everything is new (bedding, furniture, etc.) so obviously is clean. They arranged transport from the airport and back and the driver was very helpful, as was most of the staff. Because the hotel is so new the gym was still not working, which was disappointing. A couple of things they should check: 1) even though the bathroom was very clean, there was a bad smell certain times of the day (I suspect it's a new construction and things are still settling, so hopefully is not something structural), 2) staff should be trained to make sure than when they knock on the door for cleaning or delivering something they should allow a few seconds before simply opening the door -- in three occasions they knocked and simply opened right away while I was there!, and 3) breakfast was good but they need to work on TEA (they have a big tea dispenser but I never found any tea on it in several days even when they said they'd put it to work, and the selection of tea backs are all in German so if you don't speak the language just cross fingers you'll get something you can drink). The neighborhood feels quite safe though it is not exactly charming, but since Checkpoint Charlie is 2 blocks away there's lots of tours departing from there plus the metro.
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Dear Mondrian Suites Guest, thank you for the great feedback and your comments which will help us to make the service to our guests better and better. We hope to welcome you again at Mondrian Suites. Best regards Reiner Siebers
5 night business trip Sep 4, 2013
"A week at the Modrian Suites Berlin"
This was an excellent find. Roomy one bedroom suite was just finished and the hotel was in the final stages of building and finishing. They don't have a washer / dryer available in the hotel which is a big negative and during summer I suspect they will need ceiling fans in the rooms as it is was already very warm and there is no airconditioning. An eight out of ten, I will stay there again. The breakfast is very nice but overpriced and a bit limited. A buffet of cold meats, salmon, fuit and breads. Nearby are many much better value options but if it was packaged in at a better price it would be OK.
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Dear Mondrian Suites Guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. Your comments help us to improve our services and are more than welcome. With best regards from Berlin Reiner Siebers
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"I would like it if it cost less"
Firstly, the location is not exactly as indicated on the map, there is a sort of winding pathway into the middle of the city block where the hotel is actually, you have to look closely for the sign. The apartment was nice, except for the lack of air conditioning. The elevator wasn't working for most of the time I was there, which was inconvenient with a 7th floor room. There was a machine for free coffee in the lobby, which was a nice touch. I think until quite recently a place like this in Berlin would've cost perhaps half as much, but too many articles in recent years about Berlin being cheap, among other things, have lead to it not being so cheap anymore unfortunately.
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Dear Mondrian Suites Guest, thank you for staying at our brand new hotel and for your comments about your stay. This comments are very helpful for us. I apologise for the problems you had with our elevator and I can promise that this problem has been solved and the lift is working without any interuptions. About the missing air condition, we know that this is a challange especially for our guests from over seas but we never gave information to the hotel portals or to the public that we have air condition. I hope we can welcome you again at Mondrian Suites. With best regards from Berlin Reiner Siebers General Manager
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Quite a find in Mitte"
For the price, this place was unbeatable in Mitte. If you don't mind that the hotel is not quite finished yet, i.e. they are still finishing the rooms so there are a lot of workers around during the day plus there is a gigantic constiction site across the way (you can prob get a room on the other side but the constructio has reasonable hours and is interesting to watch), and want to stay in a practically or actually brand new apartment, this is the place for you. We booked a standard apartment and they accidentally put us in a studio at the beginning...these are quite small and not really better than a hotel room accept for the balcony, I wouldn't bother, but if you want a good deal on a very spacious, brand new apartment, stay here. The landry facilities weren't ready during our stay Aug 20-25, 2012, but the reasonably priced bike rental right at the hotel was great! This is a very central location, easy to walk to center or metro stations, there is a Lidl grocery right across the street, but otherwise there is not much in a three or four block radius...plenty to do beyond that. This was a fabulous home for our 6 night stay in Berlin.
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Dear Kathleen, thank you very much for staying at our brand new Mondrian Suites in Berlin. I hope you had a save trip home. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can promise that you wont see any worker during you next stay. With best regards from Berlin Reiner Siebers General Manager
4 night romance trip Aug 20, 2013
Kathleen
The hotel was brand new, and it was amazing. However, since it is brand new there were amenities that were not available. We booked the hotel thinking we were getting an indoor pool, breakfast and a parking garage. However, when we got there they informed us that the hotel was not finished yet and those things were not available. We still enjoyed our stay there. The staff was great, just wish they would have had a note on their letting us know the hotel was not finished!
Response by Mondrian Suites Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Dear Ashley, thank you very much for your stay at Mondrian Suites and your great feedback. We are very sorry that our breakfast restaurant and wellness area were not available during your stay and we did not inform you prior to your arrival. Our construction company confirmed to us that everything will be ready for the opening but as you have seen they failed and we are for sure not happy that we had to offer only limited service to our guests. One thing I have to point out. We never promoted an indoor pool for our hotel. We don't have it and it is not planned to have one in the near future. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again at Mondrian Suites. Best regards from Berlin
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good option in the heart of Berlin"
Within walking distance to checkpoint Charlie and topography of terrors. Also possible to walk to Brandenberg Gate and Reichstag Building. 1 euro wifi which worked well and a 24hr mini mart (well, a counter with bare essentials). Great little balcony, excellent heating and nice clean bathroom with heated towel rack.
1 night romance trip Feb 29, 2016
Joyce
"Would definitely return"
Staff friendly and efficient. Could use more kitchen utensils and equipment.
9 night business trip Feb 10, 2016
"We will stay again"
We loved it. We stayed in a one bedroom comfort apartment for a week. The bed was very comfortable, there was plenty of space and everything we needed in the kitchen. The shower with its different settings was a treat and there was plenty of hot water and the apartment was well heated. Only negative was the toilet paper! Lidl and other supermarkets and transport links are close as well as Checkpoint Charlie and Topography of Terror. Lots of other interesting sites are in walking range. Recommended.
7 night romance trip Jan 25, 2016
jane
"Great base to explore the city"
We were in a comfort apartment on the 6th floor. Rooms were cosy but had everything that we needed as a base to go out exploring. The underground station is just around the corner near Checkpoint Charlie making everywhere in the city accessible. The shower was great and the Molton Brown toiletries were lovely. Lidl is over the road for a cheap food shop to cover breakfast/ snacks/ wine. We would definitely stay again.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
Fantastic location and really nice, well maintained apartments. Comfortable and spacious with nice luxury touches like the Molton Brown toiletries in the lovely bathroom! Hotel staff were all exceptionally friendly, helpful and efficient, we would definitely stay here again.
14 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016
Martin
"Full marks 10/10"
Best hotel stay in Berlin so far. Location is perfect, 5 mins from Checkpoint Charlie and station. Supermarket 2 minutes walk. Staff very well spoken and excellent command of English. Free Sauna use.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2016
Antonio
"Best hotel & Area!"
After leaving Park Inn this place seemed to be Heaven on Earth. The room is separated with living and kitchen in one space and bed and bathroom in another. I really love this place and the people that surround it seem to be here for history and wanting to talk about it but hope you know German because I was really lost. Even so very nice people surround the street and artwork surrounds the streets telling a story you should take the time to see.
3 night trip Jan 6, 2016
brandy
"Excellent Location"
Hotel staff was fantastic. Very central location with ease to get to attractions and transportation. Parking is a little difficult to find. Very quiet neighborhood.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Wayne
"Great for the price"
Great hotel with lovely room and friendly staff. Easy to walk to many of the attractions, but expect a bit of a journey for restaurants and nightlife.
3 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
"Great apartment - Close to major sites"
30 minute walk to all major sites in Berlin Quiet but trendy area Handy Lidl store local cafe and hipster bar all within 200 metres Tube station 500 metres - easy 40minute journey from the airport
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
"great!"
Great location, able to walk everywhere or even cycle as the hotel rents bikes for 12 euros daily. Nice rooms friendly and helpful staff. Awesome rooms too!
3 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2015
"Good central location and modern design"
We had a room with little kitchenette area. Modern design and fresh feel. Staff great when arrived and throughout. Just round the corner from checkpoint charlie. Nice and quiet location. Good for access to all main sites and tourist attractions. No air con - we did get a tower fan for our stay from the nice man on reception. It was hot at night so we had windows and balcony open as well to try keep cool. Smoking - it is a non-smoking room but be aware that the balconies are used for smoking. The tobacco brands seem pretty strong in Germany and the smell does permeate across especially if you have to have windows open due to the heat. The actual room didn't smell of smoke though. Bed had a pretty hard mattress but not that uncomfortable, though we did wake up achey each morning. If you like a hard mattress its fine. Hotel has a shop for snacks and you can have breakfast. We didn't bother so can't advise on that. There are sauna and gym facilities plus roof terrace. Again we didn't use so can't advise on them. Rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed if you wanted or you could choose to keep towels a few days etc. The floors never appeared to be swept very well but the bed was always made and bins emptied plus usual cleaning of sinks and so on was good. Friendly cleaning staff too and do not disturb sign could be used when required. Overall a great base and nice room size with good facilities. Friendly staff with great customer service. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Georgia HS
Staff were very friendly and accommodating, good location, room was modern and clean on arrival. Wifi was a bit poor and could not get internet on the balcony and barely at reception but otherwise good trip overall
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"No air conditioning and annoying WiFi"
My main gripes on this hotel are that: 1) there was no air conditioning which makes sleeping uncomfortable; 2) the wifi would not stay connected -- almost every time I tried to go online I had to reenter the complicated login information; 3) mobile service was very spotty; 4) the hotel is very hidden which made it very hard to find at night and there are no outside lights on the walkway for safety or to help guide you to the place. That said, the room and bathroom were nice and modern. If they had a/c and less arduous wifi I would have given a better review.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2015
Katherine
Great location! Close to e erythinf but in a quiet area! Very prifessional and helpful staff, and hotel itself very clean and sleek. The only complaint was the bed was a bit hard, and odd that yhe tpilet was quite high. We really enjoyed how spatious the suites were though and had a lovely stay!
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Good, convenient hotel and friendly staff."
Stayed 2 nights on business. Convenient location to landmarks, shopping and restaurants. Quiet, clean and spacious comfort apartment.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"good location"
Very close to sights and u bahn. Lidl round the corner. Staff very good
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Ian
"Great base to explore Berlin"
Our stay was great, the staff were helpful and the only downside was that the shower had no door/curtain which meant the bathroom floor was always soaking wet.
4 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
"Exploring Berlin"
Enjoyed stay in Mondrian Suite overall happy with the accommodation. Stay would have been improved by access to British tv as only news programme was available.
5 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"Berlin break."
Great location, friendly staff. Some noise from landscaping work being done outside but this didn't spoil our stay.
3 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015