All hotels in Madrid, Spain
Arcipreste de Hita 10MadridMadrid28015Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad internet service
    Bad pool
"Close to everything, from tourist spots and resto."
We had great times. In fact, we're thinking of coming back whenever we have vacation time. Though room is small, it is always clean and had good sleep after a tiring day.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
lorna
Very nice hotel. Near metro station. Nice stuff. Not enough towels for guests in the pool.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2015
gal
"10 things to know about this hotel"
10. First impressions: clean, friendly,efficient reception and bedroom. 9. Spain currently experiencing major heat wave... Our room was a bit warm, although the thermostat registered 19 degrees. ( our colleagues on floor 7 had excellent AC. That said, staff apologized..but we were stuck with 9th floor room. 8. Breakfast include was a great deal...though we checked out on Sunday morning...7:30AM! And the breakfast room was not yet open. Disappointing. Front desk apologized, but no reduction in bill... 7. Convenient location to trains as well as University campus. 6. Mercado al fresco dining next door to hotel was clean, friendly, fresh food...yummie! 5. Only 1 small piece of soap for 2 persons....and a 4 night stay? 4. Air conditioning was definitely an issue which compromised sleeping quality. 3. Hotel security good. 2. Lighting adequate, not luxurious. 1. If our air conditioning had been remedied, the hotel would have had a more favorable review. By way of comparison... We got to our Barcelona hotel, room temperature of the new hotel was 21 and Ivey cold.
4 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
"Such a bad hotel"
Stayed here only because i had a business visit a few step away . The Hotel who claims to be a 4 stars worse in my opinion 2 stars and a 50 Euros stay per night. Not a single Euros more. Hotel staff = Not friendly at all, except for the "room cleaning" lady who does her job very well. Employee at the breakfast area are even rude, and you can feel that they hate their job . Internet connection is so bad and so slow It is Better to go to a nearby coffee and work. The mattress bed is so hard, you simply can bounce on it. So uncomfortable. Very cheap furniture inside the room. and Even the very small bottle of water is a 'Mini bar Item " : Near the main elevator at the main entrance of the Hotel, you can spot some Mosquito !!! Glad to be out of this so called hotel. Expedia should downgrade it to a 2 stars, yet still being generous.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Moncloa"
The pool, a major reason for choosing this hotel, does not open until mid-June. /// Make sure you check on what kind of room you have with hotel staff. We were assigned to a handicapped-friendly room, which had a bathroom that flooded. We were changed the next day but received a shrug for the inconvenience. Breakfast was generous.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Nice hotel, close to pleasant walking areas"
The hotel is nice, renovated, quiet, clean, in a good neighborhood, and right in front of a metro station.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Alfonso
"Good enough"
Nice hotel in a convenient location close to metro and the center of the city. Walls are paper thin though and the college kids like to party out back, which can be pretty loud.
7 night trip Apr 20, 2015
"Good experience and great situaution"
Holidays
1 night trip Apr 21, 2015
JOSE JAVIER
"Nice, but"
Stayed at this hotel twice, once on second floor, able to hear street noise but room had good wifi. Second time stayed on 7th floor, quite room, no wifi. Clean,comfortable, and modern.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
jea
"Comfortable, neat, clean, and pleasant."
Visiting family near by so location very convenient, easy access to metro, nice neighborhood.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
jea
"Great hotel in Moncloa, Madrid"
Perfect place to stay in Madrid. Easy public transportation to get anywhere. Nice neighborhood. There is a bar next to the hotel that is a happening place every night. Good food and drinks, very good music most nights.
6 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
Kineret
We will definite stay here on our next visit. The hotel was beautiful, friendly staff and rigth in front of the Metro. After a 7.5 hour flight from Puerto Rico, this is the perfect choice.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Nice location, just five stop from the centre"
Very clean hotel, although you can sometimes hear next room's noise, the staff was excellent, they even printed out the boarding pass, I would to go back
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Hashim
"Nice surprise"
This new-ish hotel is a nice surprise. It is in a neighborhood that I have frequented for 53 years, and it is a boon to the place.
3 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Lee
"End of travel stay."
Two nights stay. Appreciated every aspect of the hotel.The adjacent restaurant and the rooftop terrace are bonuses.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
"Covenient"
Really nice hotel, affordable and great service right across from Moncloa metro station which was convenient. It is not in the heart of Madrid but rather in the university area. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to Moncloa bus/train station as we wanted to take a day trip to Segovia and Avila - that in mind it was perfect. The hotel itself is lovely with a roof top pool and bar area. It's neat and tidy, great breakfast and friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2014
RJ
"Nice place to stay in Madrid."
Good experience overall. Nice staff and clean rooms.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
I had an apartment 21 years just two blocks from this hotel. The hotel is very new, and it is an evident success, to judge by clientele and by the niceties in the rooms (several very smart touches that outrank other hotels). I would be very, very happy to stay here on future occasions in Madrid, and I do stay in this neighborhood at least three weeks a year.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
Lee F.
Nice location and quiet room. Modern clean hotel. Extremely close to metro station. Room a little small, which seems to very common here. The shower was odd - open at one end so it was impossible to keep the bathroom floor completely dry. Did not check out the pool or the exercise room. We did not think the food in the adjacent shop was very good. Instead we found a nice place (Aldehuela Café-bar) on the street to the north.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Carl S.
"Nice and well located hotel. Looks brand new."
Staff was courteous and very knowledgeable. They gave me maps and directions whenever I needed it. Facilities look modern and new...Not noisy...it has a bar besides the hotel, which has marvelous food and drinks.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Genevieve
"Great time in Madrid"
We had a great time in Madrid. The hotel is in a nice place right across from the metro. The staff was terrific and very helpful. Great cafe with hotel and everyone was very kind. Great WIFI. I would recommend. We were only there for one night so we only gave them a 4. We are returning and hope to give them a star rating of 5.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Marie
"perfect for business!"
Great location for business or fun in madrid! There is a really cool and modern food market that has all kinds of options next door. Definitely recommend this newly renovated hotel. Good internet too.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2013
jeremy
"Convenient hotel in Madrid."
My only complaint is that the pool was dirty and the roof-top bar was not open. It was an excellent, affordable choice. Location to the metro (literally across the street) made it very convenient. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and the rates reasonable.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Direct sick hotel in a great area"
Very comfortable easy and quick check-in helpful staff and a terrific restaurant downstairs
3 night trip Mar 19, 2016
Enrique
"Hotel Exe Moncloa highly recommended"
excellent
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Andres
"Decent hotel opposite metro."
Good position in Madrid. Metro opposite meant getting to other locations very easy. Very clean.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Disappointing as it didn't deliver what I expected"
I choose this hotel because it had a pool and a roof top terrace and bar. So I was VERY disappointed to learn that the pool was very tiny, about 3mx7m. There was only two hard molded plastic chairs. Though there is a bar on the terrace, it is not open during the day and only opens at 8pm therefore, you can't even buy water or soft drinks and when it is 35 plus degrees, you need cold water to drink. There were no umbrellas to provide shade either. The rooms were VERY noise, each and every day I was woken up around 6am with doors banging and being able to hear the cleaners work. The cleaners leave the room doors open when cleaning so the noise travels. It was very frustrating as I couldn't sleep. When you don't get a good sleep, you don't start the day off well either. The noise was through out the day - I was trying to study but all I kept hearing was bang bang bang. By the end of the week, I wanted to scream it was that annoying. The room as nice and provided everything you needed. The walls where dirty from where people had knocked there luggage against the wall. The bed was comfortable and the pillows where good. However, the Duvet (Doona/Quilt) had no cover which is very strange. The bar fridge was good. The room service menu looked good (but I didn't use it) and the prices reasonable. The air conditioning was good (though they had it on timer).
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Anonymous
"good hotel with rooftop pool"
Good hotel with tiny roofside pool which was closed for a private private party the day I wanted to use it! Good air conditioning in a hot July and close to the University and Museum of Americas. Great and varied breakfasts. The hotel staff managed to lose my Kindle while changing the sheets (I'd carelessly left it in the bed) but kindly compensated me the cost of a replacement- thank you.
4 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
Rachel
"Location, Clean, Secure, Service"
Location was perfect with the metro and buses right across the street. Lots of shops, cafes, little market shops within walking distance, plus within hotel building. Friendly reception spoke good English. Room was spacious and clean with a weird big pole in the middle. Bathroom was big and clean. Shower was a bit lacking in pressure. Good little mini bar. Comfy bed with 4 pillows. Secure car park was expensive but necessary. Air con didn't work but after second request, they finally fixed it.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
NZ
"Good hotel for a short stay."
On the whole hotel was good with no major issues. There is some noise from the road and tram passing through as it is on the main road towards central seville. We were on a higher floor so it wasnt so bad. The bathroom in our room was a bit cramped. bidet toilet and wash basin all very close together. Wash basin seemed to be in the wrong place in relation to the rest of the bathroom.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
PRATIK
"Hotel expectations - couple of remarks"
The hotel description, when booking did not match, what expected. It promised the rooftop swimming pool, which was "closed until June" according to the hotel staff, but never mentioned before booking. The sauna and steam room where constantly off, so could not use those either. Also, when using the spa, hotel staff was there chatting and looking at u in the spa, when we wanted to relax and spend some time in the sauna/steamroom. Otherwise, everything else was as promised.
Other trip May 5, 2015
JH
Nice clean rooms, good breakfast buffet. The airline lost my luggage and the hotel gave me a free tooth brush, tooth paste, more soap and anything else I thought I might need. I would stay here again if I travelled on business or with my partner.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Good for a short stay"
I used the hotel when I attended a two-day meeting. It is well placed opposite a main underground station, so travel to and from the airport was rapid and cheap . The standard single room was compact but well designed and well supplied with power points, but with little room for sitting and minimal space for storage of clothes or bags, which could have been irritating for a longer stay. Staff were very helpful, and the buffet breakfast substantial and unhurried.
Stephen
"The worst experience"
Let us start with the receptionist, who will lisent to your request and will not do anything, or totally different things. Example the room had a fowl, sewer smell, and the receptionist sent us a handyman to repair the door!!!!!!!! The receptionist never asked if the problm was resolved. Second of all one morning I receved a wakeup call at 7 am, and I wasn't the one requesting the call. Imagin the people waiting for there wakeup call??? That is not enough I receded a second call just in case I did not wake up. Let's not talk about the "pool"!!!!! If you call that a pool, I am the queen. The big bathtub, nothing else. The "pool" has a lifeguard, and she is so busy being on the phone the hole time and talking loud, while occupying one of the "pool" chair's. There are just 2 chair's, so good luck, you have to lye on the floor, the lifeguard will not give up her chair. The cleanliness, the comfort of the mattress were the best. For the money I payed definitely I do not rate this hotel being a 4 stars hotel.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Edith
"small rooms but very functional"
I stayed one night in the summer for work. The roof terrace was great. Breakfast buffet was OK. The room was very small and could hear the neighbours very loud, although in the end it was not that bad (either they decided to be silent or it had been just a matter of them being in the wrong part of their room at the wrong time). Hotel is in front of a tube station and many bus stops near as well.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Guillermo
"Nice hotel close to Metro for access to centre."
Hotel was modern and very comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Rooftop pool was a little small and the furniture at the poolside could be a bit cleaner. Drinks prices at the rooftop bar at night were extortionate ie 13 Euros for a vodka and coke !! If the prices were a little more reasonable then more people would go to enjoy the nice views over the city.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Maureen
"Family visit to Madrid"
Great location. Right opposite the Metro. Short travel into centre of City. Good places for breakfast for children really close to the hotel. Fantastic ice cream parlour almost next door. Good bars and tapas within 5 mins walk. Restaurants also nearby are good. McDonalds for children's breakfast 2 mins walk away. A very ideal base for a sightseeing and cultural visit to Madrid. Liked the concept of a food market on the ground floor of the hotel. Staff were very helpful. The pool is a good addition during a hot day but don't expect to swim lengths. Best and quietest aircon in the room I have ever experienced. Both of us have problem backs so having a really good bed meant that we slept well.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"right outside the metro and great eateries nearby"
moncloa is the last stop on the yellow line but it lies just 20 metres from the metro exit (u need to turn to the side where there is 1 escalator when u alight from the train, not the side where u can see 2 exactors, if not u need to make 1 big round to the hotel). check in is very very slow due to the amount of info the staff wants to collect. i would say staff are inefficient at checking in. if you need to enquire about anything, u have to wait n wait n wait... wifi signal is generally good. staff are also helpful and polite. room was clean and very spacious. should u decide to walk to the main shopping district, it should take u around 20 mins. there's a el corte ingles just 5 mins from the hotel. massart (pizza eatery) serves great pizzas and don't miss their lunch deal! i would definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2014
hylee
"Everything was just perfect."
Great location opposite the Metro. Comfortable room and great Breakfast. Nice Staff.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Lovely Hotel"
We stayed in this hotel for a short weekend break. In advance we requested a twin room, when we arrived we were informed that they only had a queen room available but they would move us the next day to a twin room. It was annoying but at 1.30am we just wanted to get to bed. The first room we were put in had a couple of issues - it was a wet room rather than shower/bath, so we managed to flood the bedroom. Also the door to the bathroom was a sliding door and once it was closed we couldn't open from the inside - had to let each other out. We didn't say anything as we knew we were moving the next day. The next morning we packed things back up to be moved to the other room and went down to leave the key, whilst at reception we asked about the roof terrace and when it was open. We were then told that its only open in the summer season for legal reasons - this was news to us, especially as the whole reason we booked this particular hotel was they had a roof terrace and we were really looking forward to having somewhere to sit and relax in the sun. Nowhere on the website did it specify it would be closed. After a brief conversation with the receptionist she agreed to move us to a room with a balcony so we could have some outside space. This room was great - had great sun on the balcony in the afternoon and was very spacious. I would definitely stay again and would recommend booking the bigger room as its definitely worth the extra money to have the outdoor space
Other trip May 6, 2014
Katie
"Handy to Metro system and therefore to Madrid"
The hotel is situated in a pleasant suburb of Madrid. We always felt safe but kept to well lit roads at night. We were not about the streets after 10pm. It would have been helpful if a clear explanation of exiting the Metro was included. As this was NOT in the Expedia booking sheet I will explain how to get to the correct exit which is opposite the hotel entrance. After alighting from the train, continue in the clockwise direction of the train that came from Nuevos Ministeros. You will exit the station after following the Salida which states: C Arcipreste de Hito C Melendez Valdes 1 Terminal Autobuses - exit. Hope this helps
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Nice hotel with Metro station nearby"
Good experience and liked Madrid hotel ideally situated 4 Metro stops to city centre and shops cafés bars etc nearby
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
It was very noisy it nights. The weather was nice it would of been useful for the rooftop terrace to be opened- we did ask
7 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Rosemary Gasson
"A short stay close to family location in Madrid."
New hotel, recommended for its excellent restaurant, which unfortunately when we were there was shut. The room cleanliness and the staff were excellent. Our room overlooked the back of the hotel, facing flats, so no nice view. Also at night, local youngsters congregated at the back and there was noise, shouting and kicking a bin we think that went on till 2.30 or 3am We should have complained the first night, but were prepared to think it was a one off, not so. We were on level 3, and the glass seemed double glazed, but the noise kept us awake. We complained after the second night but there was no alternative room that they could offer us.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"good price but can be noisy"
very thin walls between the bedrooms and corridor. almost no amenities, poor fitness. friendly staff and good price. the area is quiet and the location is ok
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
"Very welcoming staff"
Rooms are tidy and well kept. Staff is extremly helpfull. The only problem we had is that bed was 2 single not 1 king/queen size! Requested for the bed to be changes but nothing happened! Location is just opposite of the metro! Would recommend
7 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
Nicholas
Good location - next to the metro. Great rooftop terrace with pool.Only negative - no coffee making facilities in the room.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
Leee
clean and comfortable, good location opposite metro. Good shopping
3 night trip Sep 7, 2013
rosemary
"Good public transport links"
Nice modern hotel, comfortable bed, clean room and decor. Breakfast very good. Staff at reception not the sharpest, but polite and pleasant. Easy to use metro, or bus, into the city centre. The bus and metro stations are in front of the hotel. Swimming pool, far too cold, and virtually a postage stamp in size, nice roof top area for a drink in the evening. Would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
chrissie
"fantastic hotel for fantastic madrid holiday."
only been open for 3 months and superb location with the metro opposite to go anywhere.... beautiful clean hotel with adjoining restaurant and bar.Staff excellent especially HOON who is really helpful in every way......id definitely go there again.....
Other trip Jul 7, 2013