All hotels in Florence, Italy

2.8
    2.9
    2.7
    2.3
It was worst than what we expected
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
maria
the location is near Firenzi SMN, like 5-8 minutes walk. walking distant to all other high end shops and piazza. we had a clean spacious bedroom and bathroom. the only downside of this hotel is that wifi is only at the lobby. we will book here again next time we go to Florence.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"Long, circuitous trips up stairs. Crazy!"
Weds. evening check in clerk Maurizio was very helpful. Clerk during the following day, Thursday, was surly, distracted, disengaged. This hotel has an elevator but the rooms are in other wings past what appears to be a second floor mess of a conf. room or parlor, and requiring climbs up a labyrinth of stairs and unwieldy dragging of bags. Air conditioning was poor and the weather was "invivible" as in relentlessly hot. The price may be right for the hardy, but if you want hotel accommodation and services, this is not the place. No breakfast, by the way. Not a pleasant atmosphere.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Close to station and city but..."
Doesn't look like any improvements have been done to this hotel since the 60's... carpets dirty; electrical outlets didn't work; getting to room was like going through a maze of hallways and ramps; didn't try the breakfast and wouldn't... but it was close to the train station and city.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Old but Convenient"
The building is old and in need of some help. The air conditioner in our room was obviously inadequate and the room was small and not very uncomfortable. But, the hotel is in a great location with easy access to most of Florence's attractions.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Nice Location but not worth of the money"
Nice Location but the Private Bathroom is too small. Water is coming out from the Air Conditioner. Room telephone does not work.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Adequate"
It was an adequate hotel for two nights.
2 night trip May 8, 2015
Jeannie
"Not worth money!"
Pretty getto...the hotel lobby is a disguise to the rooms. Needs a major face lift!! The only plus is it is next to a great restaurant!!!
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Zipporah
"You get what you pay for"
There was nothing terrible about this hotel. My mother was visiting me in Florence and we wanted to find the cheapest place that was close to the center, close to my apartment, close to the train station, and included breakfast. Hotel Spagna fit the bill. It was a single room that was very small and narrow and unfortunately the comforter was pretty dingy with some stains and obvious wear. But the sheets underneath were clean and that was really what mattered most. The bathroom was a little dirty as well and very small with a triangular shape. The only strange part was that the free breakfast was down the street at another hotel. But it was fine, I was just not expecting to have to leave for breakfast. All in all, Hotel Spagna was fine, but I would definitely splurge for something a little nicer next time.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Em
Good location! It made it so convenient to get anywhere in Florence because the hotel was right in the middle of the city.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Good for the location in the city close to the train station and at a walking distance from anything you want to see in Florence. WiFi works well from the room.Price competitive. No elevator available!
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
For a two-star hotel, the room was very good, and that included the bathroom even if that was quite small. We did have a lot of stairs to ascend and descend to get to our room, but the hotel was located only some five hundred metres from the Duomo (cathedral). Excellent restaurant next to the hotel: "Il Giglio Rosso".
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Great location. Clean. Simple. No frills. Worth the price.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Niki
Simple hotel. Good for 2 nights and for the price.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"5 min.from train station"
Close to main sights but NOISY - right on main road, forget opening a window. Hotel in bad shape, badly needs a paint job - wall scratched, dirty, both incommon areas and room as well. AC leaking, table lamp not working, main light fixture in room just an industrial fixture with 1 bulb. Not 1 single picture in the room. It shows the owner does not care a bit about the guests - would never go back. Oh and 4 floors no lift
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Good location, very near to the train station. Clean although the room is old. The only bad thing is NO LIFT. I am staying in 4th floor with my parents, it is hard for them to carry their luggage of 2 weeks Europe trip up to the room.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Raul, the receptions gave me a lot of advices to set up my trip schedule in Florence. What a good service!! He help with my luggage cause there is no elevator. The beaks fast was good and the room was spacious. Good location, so closed to the train station. Nevertheless, When I was leaving another guy (I don't remember his name) did not help me and I had to go thought 4 floor with a big suitcase. I wish all their staff could be more helpful with the clients.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
The only positive thing I can think to say about this very old fashion, dated hotel is it's near the railway station. A most disappointing stay here...the bathroom was awful...the shower cubic door was held up wit black insulation tape...the sink so small u could hardly put any water in it...bathroom door all dented, paint falling off. The noise was horrendous , continuous sirens, drunk people outside in street all night long...traffic stopping outside at traffic lights all night....this city appears not to go to sleep. - the bed linen was crisp and clean, I will give them that - would not recommend this place to anyone
Other trip Jun 21, 2014

We stayed for one night. The hotel is close to the center of town and to the train station, so the locarion is pretty good. The hotel is very basic and has an elavator, but it's pretty shaky. We were told not to move too much while in the elevator so it won't get stuck.. The room war rather clean. Our window was facing a ventilation system that was making some noise.They let us keep the luggage after checkout, so we'll be free to wander arount the city. It was an ok stay for one night.
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Yuval
IL
"Last minute stop"
Florence was particularly busy that week so this was the last option left for average priced hotels. Only recommend this if its is your last option. One positive is the location as its a short walk to station and Duomo. Wifi only works in reception and not very well and the lift only services the first two floors.
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Dirty dump"
This hotel was dirty. It smelled because there were lots of cigarette butts on the window ledges of both the bathroom and room windows. The door plate wasn't fastened tightly so the lock wasn't secure. There were holes in the bedspread and the extra pillow was badly stained (I shudder to think why). The shower water just ran out onto the bathroom floor and tried to drain somewhere by the toilet so the whole floor was wet and slippery. I checked myself out after 1 night and forfeited the other 2 nights (I booked non-refundable). I understand small. I understand simple and inexpensive but this place defines "dump".
3 night trip Sep 22, 2015
"do not stay here"
The room was smelly. And i was told that there is NO WIFI in the rooms. That is so deceitful.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2015
"Not recommend next time"
Bad wifi even at common area, Lift does not work after 11 pm. No Wifi service in the room.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
"Needs renovation"
Hotel is in a great location close to train station & cathedral but needs serious renovation. Bed was uncomfortable, bathroom was very old, cracked sink, shower head was at waist height, had leaking toilet which made the floor unsafe. Advised staff on first day but no one came to fix. WiFi only worked downstairs but room is serviced daily & the hotel is cheap for the centre of Florence.
3 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2015
"Rate for hotel is lower than average quality hotel"
WiFi never worked for me even at reception. Stuffs are not friendly at giving or providing comforts. There was no fan or a.c. at common area where WiFi available. Room is good condition. Lift does not work after 11 pm. Good location but service is not good.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
"Good location, average hotel."
Good location, close to the railway station and to the Duomo. The room was not very clean. Staff is polite and helpful. A bit of misleading information about the room - there is no minibar and the Wi-Fi is available only in the lobby.
3 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Evgeniy
We really liked it. At first we were kind of cautious because of different opinions from other people. But now we can recommend this hotel as a very clean and quiet place with good breakfast.
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Nikolay
"Nice hotel , WI FI connection disappointing"
We had a pleasant stay.We walked down to the hotel from the train station as the hotel was near ( 200 meters).The room was spacious enough for three with big bath room however the shower area was small ( 3 square feet) Breakfast was provided in another hotels which was only few steps away. Two gentlemen at the reception were friendly. Only negative point was that there was no WI FI in the room and the WI FI available at the reception area was pathetically slow.
2 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
SRINIVASAN
IN
"No wifi on rooms"
first impression lobby and halls were dirty the hotel needed a good cleaning and renovations There was two inch tape around window in the bathroom
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
lynn
Air con non existent! Great location though
2 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"Miss it if you can afford better"
On arrival I found out that the breakfast I had thought I had already bought was going to cost me an extra 5 euro per day. I declined. I was allocated room 212 at the rear of the building facing south. The hotel was a warren and looked like a building site. The room air con was not working and with the fridge on it turned it into a furnace. With it being 34 degrees outside if turned this room unbearable so I left at 8am and only returned when I was so tired I passed out from exhaustion to a hot, sticky broken sleep. Other things of note, the lift was not very reliable. In addition if you arrived after 2300hrs, you were likely not able to get in as the reception staff left and the button to open the door did not work. I think the final straw for me was the sick that was splashed on the table side that had not been cleaned.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Ricci
"Value Hotel Near Train Station"
This hotel was an affordable option near the train station and near Piazza Duomo, Very convenient if you're taking day trips to other parts of Tuscany. The building is old (but so is everything in Florence) such that the hallways and room felt a bit rundown, but everything was still clean and comfortable. The desk staff were friendlier than most other hotels and restaurants that I've visited in Italy. My room was one floor up from the lobby, so I got great wifi reception in my room but also a lot of noise from the pedestrians and cars on the street below. The windows could have been better sealed to reduce noise and the bathroom could have used better blinds to give me a better feeling of privacy. Bathroom was cramped but manageable. Overall, a decent hotel for the price. Nothing spectacular, but no major problems either.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Not the Best."
Reasonably convenient Location. It wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews that the hotel had no lift.
2 night trip May 26, 2015
"Hot nights"
The hotels air conditions does not work. To hot in the night of summer.
2 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Mauricio
MX
Very near to the santa maria station. One guy at the reception was really rude when we asked for glasses in the room as there were none. His reply was it is a 2 star hotel we don't provide glasses. Rest was ok.
2 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
avirup
IN
"Simple hotel that is right near the Duomo"
Very friendly staff and the room was cleaned daily. Don't expect much as this basic hotel is good value if a bit run-down.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Below average"
The hotel is under construction and is quite noisy during the day. The facilities are all worn out in the hotel, so don't expect that much.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
Sze Nga Helen
"Good location & cheap, but not worth it!"
My friend & I booked this hotel despite the poor reviews & being of the opinion that all we needed was a place to sleep & to wash. We won't be making that mistake again! Staff: Of the 3 male members of reception staff we encountered, 1 was grumpy & bordered on rude & another was just disinterested. The 3rd member of staff however, who worked the evening shift, was very pleasant & even possessed a sense of humour. Building: The stairs leading to our room smelled so bad we resorted to holding our breath while we scaled the 2 short flights. On the bright side the smell did not seem to make it into our room! The room: Linens seemed nice & clean, beds were made daily & fresh towels supplied. However, the carpet had brown stains in places, the paintwork & walls were marked & dirty, the bathroom door was tatty & we had an uncovered ?drain in the middle of the floor. The room was advertised as having a minibar and we found it highly amusing to discover that it was an empty fridge with the model name 'minibar'. This was actually very useful for keeping water chilled etc as it was very hot during our visit. Via Panzani, the street in which the hotel is located, is a very busy main street due to its close proximity to both the train station & the Duomo. The air conditioning was switched off, despite the warm climate, so we were torn between being woken hourly through the night by noise, or sweating profusely. The desk is not 24h so keys are left at a hotel a few doors up.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Twiggy34
"Good hotel"
Perfect location!!! But the towel not change and did't clean the room
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Milen
"Great location and cheap."
For the price paid, could not expect much but it was a good surprise. Location is great.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Anne
perfect location ,however the service , hotel staff told check in time at 4pm, due to many customers that day ,this is not acceptable at all.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"5 stars"
Excellent location in Florence, cannot be beaten on that. About a 5 min walk from the train station and the Duomo. Staff at the reception is very nice. The hotel itself is in real need to be refurbished though. OK if you only use your room for sleeping but still I was a bit shocked at the state of my bathroom, very old fashioned (such as the sheet cover), nothing dirty but you could tell that things were not being taken care of.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Gerald
"Don't have high expectations"
It's a simple room to sleep and shower, no more no less. He location was great, one block from the train station and two from the duomo. But the faucet leaked significantly and had to be controlled from the valve below the sink, and there was only one outlet in the room. Wifi was string in my room. It's a great backpackers room but if you expect more from a hotel maybe look elsewhere. I was satisfied but my girlfriend less satisfied with the conditions.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice location, bad facilities"
It is very near to the train station and major attractions. But aircon is not cold and leaking. Bed is not comfortabl and rocky..
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
SG
"Short stay"
Cheap and cheerful, basic of basic room, but clean and a superb location. Only down side is the fella charged me twice for the city tax, but I'm sure that was a mistake.
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Alex
"Room close to the train station"
If you are on the go, this would be a good place for you to stay. it is a room with a bed. Do not have too high expectation. Also, dont leave any money in your room.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
HK
"Budget accomidation"
Good location and clean that was it.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014

OTTIMO, QUALITA'/PREZZO ONESTISSIMO! PER UN MIO RITORNO A FIRENZE , RITORNO SENZA DUBBIO ALL'HOTEL SPAGNA.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2016
RITA
IT
"Hotel Spagna da consigliare..."
Ottimo ricevimento, camere pulite e anche la pulizia generale soddisfacente. Strategico per chi vuole visitare Firenze ma non dispone di molto tempo.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
graziano
"hotel da incubo"
Come fanno certe strutture a restare aperte nel 2015???? Appena arrivato ho dovuto cambiare camera per letto rotto e copri materasso sporco di non so cosa. Cambiata la camera....lavandino del bagno con solo acqua calda perché l'acqua fredda non usciva, materasso scomodissimo e prurito durante la notte dovuto a non si sa cosa....
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015