All hotels in Mumbai, India
JMJ House Orchard AvenueHiranandani Gardens Powai, MumbaiMaharashtra400076India, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Great room
    Service is adequate
    Comfortable
Staff was great and helped with my many requests through out the week.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"OK, but good for the price"
I stay in hotels 3 nights a week in the US so that is my baseline of comparison. The Beatle was generally OK in every category, but nothing really stands out as really good or bad. The location is excellent in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Mumbai. The breakfast was also really good for a hotel in its price range. The only thing I really disliked is having the toilet and shower in the same stall. Nothing like getting your feet wet to use the toilet to start the morning! Overall, decent value for the price.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Hotel"
The pictures online look very different to reality in our case. Tried to arrange a taxi and I had to speak to 3 different people then had 3 phone calls to confirm arrangements, massive language barrier
Other trip Nov 24, 2015
anon
average stay
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
"Bad"
Some of the staff are good. The person on the reception is unfriendly. We want go back again.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Housekeeping"
Vaishali does not know how to behave with guests. Asking someone to pack bags and leave coz other guests are waiting at the reception is shocking.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Good and clean Hotel, Excellent location"
Overall good experience. However there is discrepancy about Gym service. They claimed that there is Gym service but it is in the process of renovation so you might be not lucky enough like me.
6 night trip May 24, 2014
Navneet
"V good hotel"
good
2 night business trip May 19, 2014
Krishi
IN

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"ここはインドのホテル?"
カンファレンスに出席するために4泊滞在しました。部屋は広く空調もばっちりで仕事するには申し分ないです。サービスも大変良く、挨拶は当然のことながら何かあればすぐに相談にのってくれます。ただ、サービスが良すぎたのか毎夜の蚊のサービスは要りませんでした。朝ご飯はパン等の主食が中心のビュッフェスタイルでしたが、メニュー数はそれ程多くないので、あまり期待しない方が良いと思います。総じて、ここはインドですが日本人が泊まっても全く違和感を感じさせないホテルです。
4 night business trip Feb 17, 2016
DE
6 night trip May 24, 2014
2 night business trip May 19, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for The Beatle - Mumbai

"Lots of positives, some negatives for non business guests"
04/22/16 Meena R New Delhi, India
We had been looking for a nice hotel in this part of Mumabi, needing access to IIT, Powai. We tried out a couple of hotels in the areas, we like this one very much, but still not sure whether to settle for this one. First the positives: 1. Location: Very close to the Powai lake where we like going for an early morning walk though the Hiranandani Gardens area where it is located in itself is very nice to walk around in, with wide pavements and lovely trees. 2. This hotel is also walking distance to shopping for utility items, edibles or clothing etc one might need to buy in an emergency -- at the stylish Haiko supermarket, at Galleria -- the small shopping area with relatively cheap food and clothing items -- and less likely at a not very well equipped DMart. 3. The hotel has efficient air conditioning, the rooms are very clean, with a well appointed bathroom which offers interesting looking toilet accessories. The linen is spotless and fresh. The room has a kettle with tea/coffee making facilities. 4. The hotel has quite a good spread of complimentary buffet breakfast with a mixture of bakery items, fresh and bottled juices, the usual sprouts and nuts etc, a variety of cut fruit (intriguingly but conveniently packed in individual small bottles with a single portion each!), sausages, hot south Indian dishes, fresh toast etc. Quite satisfactory. 5. The staff are courteous and eager to oblige, a definite plus. Negative no 1: Big one this one, for a quiet couple like us: This is a business hotel, so when we arrived from somewhere around 11.30 at night, we were shocked at the loud music, being played in very noisy party going on in the corridor near the elevators! The merry young men left a lot of litter too, which it was probably too late or too early to clean up, lying around when we passed through that corridor early in the morning in order to go for our walk. Fortunately, there is a door leading into the corridor where the rooms are located, and this door can be closed. This helped, but then our room was also some distance away, and not near the elevators. Otherwise the noise, laughter, chattering and the music would have been absolutely unbearable. Negative no 2. The deluxe double bedded room which we took though pleasant is too small for an extended stay of even a few days for two people as there is not enough place for two people's suitcases, nor enough place to either walk around comfortably or even use their little round table with chairs for eating or just sitting. It is a useful facility but absolutely clutters up the small free area. The room however has a two feet wide, long wooden 'counter' attached to a wall, (right under the television on the wall) running along more than half of the room's length. This is basically for placing computers, charging of your phones, working on documents etc, but we did not find it very usable except to put our bags on it. This counter may be a positive for business people looking to do some homework before meetings, but it took up a lot of space. Negative no 3. The hotel inside is very pleasant and well kept, but for some reason the outside is rather shabbily kept, with not adequate attention to either the small patch which could be a very nice garden, or to the sweeping off of paper and leaves etc from the front. It is only when you reach the reception you feel that you are inside a hotel which prides itself on its housekeeping. The outside appearance is misleading but gives a poor impression. A small Negative no. 4. The room had a small refrigerator, which was locked at all times! As a result we could not keep our water bottles cool, and could not store some fruit etc which we had bought in the refrigerator. Since we were there only for a day, we did not feel like asking for it to be unlocked, but while leaving asked the reason for this strange practice, as no other hotel in the world have we encountered this. On inquiry we were told that this has been done on 'guests' requests'! The only way to understand this strange explanation is that because the refrigerator stocks some alcohol and snacks etc (which are chargeable) like most hotels, hotel guests' refrigerators can be raided by their unscrupulous friends or business associates/visitors against the guests' wishes?! Remembering the late night party outside, perhaps it makes sense, but only reinforced in our minds that this may not be as suitable a place for families. We are still not absolutely sure that we will go back to this hotel, as the smallness of the room is rather a big disincentive. The premium rooms which looked at, and which are located in the corners, are larger and may also protect us better from the noise (if a party happens that night on our floor). But they seemed too pricey for what they had to offer. A very good experience nevertheless. Recommended for business people who are passing through for a night or two. For families, the management will have to change a few things.
"Excellent business stay hotel"
04/19/16 Prabhu R
It's a nice hotel located near Mall Road which gives you wide access to explore luxurious Mumbai.. Good for both family and couples.. Worth every penny... Friendly staffs with good service.. Good and healthy breakfast with both desi and western recipes served..
"Quiet Hotel Friendly Staff"
03/07/16 Junie D
For the many trips I had to India, this is the place where I get booked by our company. The pricing is reasonable. The rooms are well furnished and clean. There is WIFI available to the room but the only hassle is that you have to signup for it and it is only for one device at a time. A bit of a hassle if you have a smart phone and laptop which you would like to connect. Breakfast is buffet style and you have a large selection of food to choose from.
"Wonderful location"
03/06/16 holysage Terre Haute, Indiana
The Beatle is one of the nicer hotels in Powai. It is easily accessible from the JVLR and is very close to Powai Lake. Check in was smooth. Had to wait for a couple of minutes but they were polite and offered us a glass of juice. We ordered room service at night and the food was yummy...had some simple dal, rice, bhindi masala etc but it was nicely prepared and served. The room was lovely...big bed with tasteful interiors and a nice big TV. The bathroom was clean. The view from the room was not great but if you get a room on a higher floor you can get lovely views of the lake. We woke up in the morning and took a walk around the lake and had the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant. The buffet was great...lots and lots of options and helpful and considerate staff. A request for a little later check out than normal was also entertained. All in all, it was a very comfortable and relaxing stay.
"Amazing time in Mumbai, Beatle staff are fantastic"
02/25/16 Zach C
I traveled to Mumbai for the first time, attending a conference at IIT Bombay. The taxi ride in from the airport was itself an adventure, and I wasn't sure what to expect when I got to the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by The Beatle. The room was comfortable, well-appointed, and contemporary; it could easily have been a boutique hotel room in San Francisco, Portland or Austin. Although I was excited by the prospect of new cultural experiences in India, man I was relieved to have the basics covered! The Beatle is a smaller building dwarfed by the towers that surround it in Hiranandani, but the size suited me well. I got to know some of the extremely helpful staff, and they were a big part of why I give the Beatle such a high rating. I was exhausted after traveling from California, and even though I arrived before the official checkin time, the staff hustled for me, sent to the the Rhythm cafe for a late breakfast and got me into my room early. I needed to get a gate pass printed out for entry into IITB, and the front desk staff hooked me up once again. They were all friendly and helpful, but there were a couple standouts that really helped me out. The food at the main restaurant, Rhythm, was awesome. I was a huge fan of Indian food before I went to India, but I was exposed to so many new flavors on this trip. If you ask them, the staff at Rhythm will help you figure out what everything is, and which chutney goes with which dish. Dosa with coconut chutney? Check. So many new tastes. Easily the best restaurant breakfast buffet I have ever had. They also have western breakfast items if you want to play it safe, but I think that they dig it when they realize you are interested in learning more about Indian cuisine. Other basics about the Beatle: * Easy walking distance to Hiranandani restaurants and shops * Easy walking distance to IITB (you can cross the JVLR via skybridge at the end of Orchard street, so you don't have to master street crossing right away) * Breakfast (included with room) is awesome, not to be missed * Times of India delivered to your door every day * Well equipped gym * Neighborhood felt safe I would definitely stay at the Beatle again.
"Terrible Hotel"
02/25/16 maxxsingapore Singapore, Singapore
Let me ask you this. How many hotels do you stay in where they want to: 1. Get payment in advance when you check in, and 2. Want to take your photo - notwithstanding they already photocopied your passport. It got worse.... Smelly room Terrible banging noises - yes I'm on 3rd floor (see other reviews) Aging, dirty furnishings, bleak flooring, dark and gloomy Mosquito-infested room No flexibility whatsoever on check out time, 12 noon. Actually this is a positive, I can't wait to leave this place I read through the hotel responses, typical boilerplate reviews, am expecting the same after I publish this.
"Worst Experience! Should be banned for Ladies. UNSAFE"
02/03/16 Neha_Shr
This is worst experience I have had till date. The reception and the walkway to my room were full of eerie looking people with their eyes on me which made me uncomfortable. the Blue lights in the hallway make you feel like u are entering a bar. A stranger tried to enter my room, I was lucky that nothing happened to me since i pushed him out of my room. The manager was extremely rude Mr Irshad Shaikh, instead of being considerate starting arguing with me that if i dont feel safe in the hotel and want to leave, i Should pay 1 day charges. I did not even stay in the hotel for 15 mins, but since I had prebooked, he wanted me to pay 1 day charges. Was not concerned that there is no safety for women in his hotel. Extremely rude. Please spread the news as whomever I have spoken to had bad experiences at this hotel. Especially unsafe for girls.
"Good but not Great !"
01/25/16 Bari_Kokani Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
This is one of the "with-in budget" hotels in Powai area. You can reach within 30 mins form the Airport, property is located in Hiranandani Gardens which is deemed a posh area in Mumbai. Hotel staff can improve a lot, when I checked in there was nobody who accompanied me, I was told the floor and room number.. I had to explore myself. With nobody to assist and show the room facilities I could not find button to switch on AC and ended up bearing the heat for 30 mins before I called facilities to fix it.. quite unnecessary. Room was neat clean with all required items.. rooms are a bit compact but should be good for 2 adults. You can see Powai Lake from one of the windows, rest open up to neighboring apartments. Buffet spread was very moderate but tasty.. I liked their presentation specially the bottled juices and cut fruits in a bottle.. innovative. Being in the heart of Powai all required shops are walk able.. super market Haiko, KFC, Dunkin Donuts etc.. You must try the food at 101 restaurant.. very tasty. Overall the hotel satisfies the need for a short stay / business travel. I would give it 4/5.
"An average business hotel"
01/13/16 DeepaKarthik Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
We stayed here for a couple of nights. Its got the usuals of a business hotel - well appointed rooms ( a little small - but thats how they generally are), a restaurant. But the unusual was the - partying that happens in the night. For the two nights that we were there - there was rampant partying happening till 12 midnight. With a toddler, it was quite annoying. I could blame it on the person holding the party or the management. I choose the latter since he is accountable to me. Secondly, a more attrocious incident was - I got served a Non-veg dish when I ordered a veg one and my unsuspecting little one dug into it... Overall, an average experience
"Amazing Experience....."
01/12/16 Mel12939 Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
Came through corporate event, buffet for team of 50 was amazing good food, drinks on IMFL, parking was available, good ambience the staff were amazing , they were literally fedup with regards to the amount of noise our team were making :) but excellent fun while dinning !!!!! Kudos !!!