All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
9550 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77554, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

"Good, but...."
The AC would not cool the room and they didn't have personal fans for guests.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Jeffery
"Beautiful hotel/great staff."
Staff was super friendly. Hotel was clean and looked great. Loved the pool. My Only wish is that maybe they might have free coffee service in the lobby.
3 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
eileen
"Wonderful hotel service"
We loved our stay! Excellent service. Wish breakfast was offered though.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Claudia
"Great place to stay!"
Great hotel with excellent customer service. Fastest check-in ever!
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!"
The location of the hotel was great. Close enough to everything but far enough that it's not crowded. The beach view was beautiful. The pool was great with clean bathrooms. The hotel staff was nice and helpful. The room was large with a couch and was clean. It was very quiet. This was a great hotel and I truly recommend this hotel for any family!
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Jacob
a great for family fun.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
frank
"Good but not Great"
Hotel is a tad bit further down the sea wall, but with everything right there at your fingertips it's still a great location. Hotel would have been perfect if we had known that balconies were first come first serve or that our room would be one of the few facing absolutely nothing. We stayed two nights and ended up switching hotels for our third. Great hotel, but definitely not worth the price you pay when there are so many others out there with the same to offer.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Thank you for giving us a review. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guest's that we can strive for memorable service. We appreciate your business and hope you try our hotel again when in the Galveston area.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Sean
"beautiful hotel for the price!"
My husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary and the stay was wonderful. I called and special requested a seafront room for our special stay and we were accommodated.The room was big and very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Cynthia
"Don't use the sofabed"
The King suite said it was suited for a family of 4. However, the pull out sofabed was very uncomfortable - felt every rod/spring.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Won't be back."
Parking is definitely at a premium for this hotel, we arrived on a Friday evening and every parking spot for both the hotel and the extended stay where full, So the night manager had us park in front of the hotels fire system stand pipe and across from the fire hydrant, I told him that we couldn't park there it's against the law. This is the 2nd time to stay at this hotel and both times we have had problems, the first time was due to the room conditions at check in and the AC not working, we where guaranteed a certificate for a nights stay at any Marriott hotel due to the problems, needless to say this never happened even after several phone calls and reassurance that it had been taken care of. If you plan on staying here bring a fan with you as the AC (especially on the upper floors) never quite get the room cool. And expect a very musty/mildewed order in the front lobby. The swimming pool is a nice size but it also stays warm/hot as there is no shade to help keep the sun from beating down on it all day.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Thank your for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guests that we can strive for memorable service. The parking does get tight when we have a full house at both the Courtyard and the Towneplace but normally we have enough parking for all of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope that you give us another try the next time you are on Galveston Island.
4 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Tammi
Pillows were too soft and the room was too hot. We had the thermostat set as low as it would go and it was still too hot
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Thank your for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guests that we can strive for memorable service. We appreciate your business and hope that you give us another try the next time you are on Galveston Island.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Great hotel - would stay here again"
This hotel is really nice, especially for the price. Rooms are large and updated. The bed is really comfortable. We had one person stay on the fold out couch and the room was large enough for all of us. Location is a bit down the road from most other hotels, but we were happy to avoid all the crowds. Beach in front is rocky, so you have to drive down less than a mile to a sandy beach.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
noisy a/c unit in our room and couldnt phone the front desk due to the phone in our room not working
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Roger
Staff was great, room was great, pool and bar was great. Over all my wife and I had a great stay.
4 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Relaxing beds"
Very nice and the bed was great!!! Ask for a gulf view, we had a "pool view" and it was a partial. Booked a king room because I was going alone to see son in hospital and he was released so two stayed at the hotel. They would not change the room to a double. Make sure you request exactly what you need because they will not make changes after you book.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Darrell
"Family trip"
The hotel was very nice, clean new and modern. The staff could have been friendlier...and because of recent flooding in Texas there was an incredible amount if mosquitoes everywhere inside of the hotel. I feel they should have done something about that...but overall it was a nice hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Jerri
It was ok. Lil bit too far from lots of attractions
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the hotel. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guests that we can strive for memorable service. Our hotel is a bit further from Galveston's main attractions, but our location is in a much quieter section of town as well. We hope that you try our hotel again in the future and please know that we do have shuttle service to anywhere on the island until 10pm at night to avoid having to drive yourself. Sincerely, Andrew Dual General Manager
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Vicki
Great room
3 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"bad cafe"
Great stay but don't like the restaurant. Like free coffee in the morning. Room coffee is not good
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"galveston trip"
I was disappointed that even with gold Marriott membership they could not give me a different room with 2 full beds rather than one king bed. I asked for upgrade to water view, they did not accommodate that either. No free breakfast buffet and very limited choices for food at their restaurant.. I asked for extra towels at the front desk, was never delivered. At a discounted rate of $230 per night (excluding tax), I expected a different service and better accommodation.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Dear Valued Guest: As a Gold Marriott Rewards member, you stay at many Marriott hotels each year and it is only through the comments and suggestions of our most loyal customers that we can strive for memorable service. We obviously didn't meet that standard during your stay last month. I am very sorry about the problems that you encountered and the lack of choices at breakfast. When making reservations through a third party such as Hotels.com, we at the hotel are limited to the changes that we can make on your reservation. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that the next time you are in Galveston, you try our hotel again and we will exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Andrew Dual General Manager
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Nice hotel, right on the water..."
Nice hotel in very nice condition, good service. No problems at all...
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"our forty fifth"
WE loved it THANK YOU FOR GREAT STAY
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
harvey b
"Overnight trip"
We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 am and my granddaughter wanted to go to the beach. They let us check in and we were at the beach by 11:00. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Debbie
"Family get away"
I had the worst experience in this hotel. I was traveling with my husband and two children. I reserved a room with 2-Queen size beds because my son is a autistic and needs to stay in the same room so he was going to share a bed with my husband and I was going to share the other bed with my daughter. When we walked into the room we noticed that it only had a king size bed, so decided to call the front desk and let them know that they gave us the wrong room but the phone in the room was not working (it was dead)so I had to go back to the lobby to them know and I told me that they did not have any other rooms. Next time I'll stay at the Hilton 2-miles down the road their services are outstanding.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Hilda
"#simmonswedding515"
We had our wedding in Galveston and the hotel was more than accommodating for all of us! I would totally stay there again!
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Michele
Front desk did not inform us of amenities. Lack of security with accessing the elevators. Anyone can get on elevator and gain access to your floor without a hotel card.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Great place for a getaway!"
This hotel is one of the best we have stayed at in Galveston. The location is great and the comfort is excellent.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
Timothy
Really felt comfortable, would have enjoyed continental breakfast but otherwise no complaints! :-)
Other trip May 4, 2015
Krista
"Quiet and close accommodations"
I chose this hotel because I came to Galveston for a triathlon. It was relatively close to the race site and quiet. The beds were comfortable and we had a view of the beach. When I come back to race, I'll stay here again!
Other trip May 2, 2015
Katie
"Clean and quiet but lacking amenities"
The front desk clerk was very nice when we checked in. We were baffled that we couldn't find the restaurant and bar that was noted in the details of the hotel. Ends up that it is a bistro in the lobby with limited hours in the morning and evening. The bar is part of this bistro although there is a pool bar outside; it was only open for one afternoon during our 3 day stay.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
We appreciate your feedback regarding the staff service and apologize regarding your experience that you had in the Bistro. I have reviewed with the proper departments and we have inputted procedures to ensure none of our guests have a similar experience. I hope you will consider our hotel again on your next visit to Galveston.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Jamie
"Nice, quiet and clean stay"
We had a nice quiet stay 4 days and 3 nights! Check-in was great. We had a 1st floor room and we asked to be transferred higher up and the desk clerk was kind and changed our room to a 3rd floor and bigger room.
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Apr 3. 2015"
ro9om was great, but location is away from all restaurants or clubs. have to drive everywhere u want to go
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Annette
"2 night stay"
We were not provided any maid service (make bed, empty garbages, refresh coffee, clean towels, etc. Got in too late to request maid service to correct situation so had to go without.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Dear Bob, Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. we appreciate feedback as it is an opportunity to better our team. As we pride ourselves in delivering a memorable hotel experience, have unfortunately fallen short of our goals. We have shared you feedback with our housekeeping team in order to better serve you during your next trip to Galveston! Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope to serve you again soon.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Great location with great staff. Pool was nice with excellent drinks!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
ginger
"AWESOME HOTEL!!"
We were in town for my son's wedding and this was a great place to stay. The hotel is about 5 miles from all the major attractions on the seawall however, it is well worth it. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was in tip top shape. If I had to give any room for improvement it would be that the breakfast sandwich at the Bistro needs more meat. LOL!! Will definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
ANITA
"I would go there again!"
Our AC didn't work in our first room, and they made it right for us. That says a lot to me.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Hotel was clean and smelled great( I have had issues with hotels smelling awful). The room was normal sized, but very clean. Pool area was awesome!We will definitely stay here in the future!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Kre
"Second rate"
The hotel advertised rooms on the Gulf. I got one facing a swamp. The lady at the front desk was surly and said there was not a front side room available. I would not have booked there if I had known this. I found two bugs in the bathroom. The bench in the shower left a muddy print when I stood up. I left a DO NOT DISTURB placard on my door, and the room was half cleaned when I got back. A restaurant was advertised, but it was a bar with a limited menu of a few unpalatable items. The table where I sat had a light fixture with bugs in it. I couldn't finish my food. There was no way there were enough menu items to use this inadequate fast food for all my meals during my stay. I terminated my stay a day early because of my disgust with Marriott.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Dear Vonnie, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. we appreciate feedback as it is an opportunity to bring our staff up to standards. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding the view from the room. We will be using this information to ensure we have these issues corrected moving forward.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Vonnie
First day room service was great. Second day we didn't get any room service after being gone all day. They came by around 530 but we were getting ready for dinner so no room service
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
We appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay at the Courtyard Galveston Island Gulf Front. We strive to get to all rooms in a timely fashion. We accept requests at the front desk if guests would like to have their room cleaned at a specific time that is most convenient for them. We hope that you will consider staying wtih us again when your travels bring you down to Galveston, TX.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Home away from Home"
Spring Break 2015 and this Place is a Home away from Home!!! It's near all the main attractions,clean and peaceful. Will stay again
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Erica
"Housekeeping interruption"
The hotel was great had an awesome view of the sea wall. We arrived on time and were in the room not 10 minutes later. The hotel staff was good at helping inform us of things to do during our stay and which restaraunts were good to eat. But the morning of check out I'm not sure what the housekeeping was up to but she sure found out what me and the girlfriend were up to. What an awkward interruption to say the least.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
We are sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced during the morning of your checkout. It is definitely not the norm at this hotel or any Marriott. All of our staff are trained and retrained to knock and identify themselves before entering a guest room whether it is occupied or not. That procedure is in place to ensure incidents such as yours do not occur.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
justin
"Great hotel with lots of nice amenities"
We stayed a long weekend in February on Galveston Island and chose this hotel to stay at. The staff were all extremely friendly and we liked the bistro for breakfast and late night drinks. We cuddled around the fire pit one night with great conversation with other guests. The weather was not so good so it didn't really matter that we weren't directly on the beach. The pool area looked really nice.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Nice stay. Comfortable quiet room. Convenient location.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
dan
"Weekend with the kids"
Met our son and his fiance in Galveston to celebrate a birthday. Weather wasn't condusive to doing much outside but all in all, a very good time.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Best in Galveston"
Wonderful visit
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Darrin
"Exceeded my expectations"
Clean, comfortable spacious rooms, higher end linens, comfortable soft bed, good location.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Great overnight stay before boarding cruise"
Wonderful seaside hotel! Two thumbs up!
1 night trip Feb 22, 2015
Lonnie
"Weekend getaway"
It was okay very clean room but was disappointed the bar did not remain open late on Friday or Saturday night. This was an average hotel not a five-star get away
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Bryan
"Girls Galveston Getaway"
Wonderful ocean view! Exactly what we expected from the pictures and description online.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Carolyn
"Great Beachfront Hotel"
Our room was on the second floor with a view of the Gulf of Mexico. Wonderful view. In fact the hotel was across the street from the beach. The room was wonderful. The hotel staff were polite and very helpful. We will definitely return!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015