All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America

"Family trip"
The hotel was very nice, clean new and modern. The staff could have been friendlier...and because of recent flooding in Texas there was an incredible amount if mosquitoes everywhere inside of the hotel. I feel they should have done something about that...but overall it was a nice hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Jerri
It was ok. Lil bit too far from lots of attractions
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Vicki
Great room
3 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"bad cafe"
Great stay but don't like the restaurant. Like free coffee in the morning. Room coffee is not good
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"galveston trip"
I was disappointed that even with gold Marriott membership they could not give me a different room with 2 full beds rather than one king bed. I asked for upgrade to water view, they did not accommodate that either. No free breakfast buffet and very limited choices for food at their restaurant.. I asked for extra towels at the front desk, was never delivered. At a discounted rate of $230 per night (excluding tax), I expected a different service and better accommodation.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Nice hotel, right on the water..."
Nice hotel in very nice condition, good service. No problems at all...
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"our forty fifth"
WE loved it THANK YOU FOR GREAT STAY
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
harvey b
"Overnight trip"
We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 am and my granddaughter wanted to go to the beach. They let us check in and we were at the beach by 11:00. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Debbie
"Family get away"
I had the worst experience in this hotel. I was traveling with my husband and two children. I reserved a room with 2-Queen size beds because my son is a autistic and needs to stay in the same room so he was going to share a bed with my husband and I was going to share the other bed with my daughter. When we walked into the room we noticed that it only had a king size bed, so decided to call the front desk and let them know that they gave us the wrong room but the phone in the room was not working (it was dead)so I had to go back to the lobby to them know and I told me that they did not have any other rooms. Next time I'll stay at the Hilton 2-miles down the road their services are outstanding.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Hilda
"#simmonswedding515"
We had our wedding in Galveston and the hotel was more than accommodating for all of us! I would totally stay there again!
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Michele
Front desk did not inform us of amenities. Lack of security with accessing the elevators. Anyone can get on elevator and gain access to your floor without a hotel card.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Great place for a getaway!"
This hotel is one of the best we have stayed at in Galveston. The location is great and the comfort is excellent.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
Timothy
"Nice, quiet and clean stay"
We had a nice quiet stay 4 days and 3 nights! Check-in was great. We had a 1st floor room and we asked to be transferred higher up and the desk clerk was kind and changed our room to a 3rd floor and bigger room.
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Apr 3. 2015"
ro9om was great, but location is away from all restaurants or clubs. have to drive everywhere u want to go
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Annette
"AWESOME HOTEL!!"
We were in town for my son's wedding and this was a great place to stay. The hotel is about 5 miles from all the major attractions on the seawall however, it is well worth it. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was in tip top shape. If I had to give any room for improvement it would be that the breakfast sandwich at the Bistro needs more meat. LOL!! Will definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
ANITA
"I would go there again!"
Our AC didn't work in our first room, and they made it right for us. That says a lot to me.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Hotel was clean and smelled great( I have had issues with hotels smelling awful). The room was normal sized, but very clean. Pool area was awesome!We will definitely stay here in the future!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Kre
"Second rate"
The hotel advertised rooms on the Gulf. I got one facing a swamp. The lady at the front desk was surly and said there was not a front side room available. I would not have booked there if I had known this. I found two bugs in the bathroom. The bench in the shower left a muddy print when I stood up. I left a DO NOT DISTURB placard on my door, and the room was half cleaned when I got back. A restaurant was advertised, but it was a bar with a limited menu of a few unpalatable items. The table where I sat had a light fixture with bugs in it. I couldn't finish my food. There was no way there were enough menu items to use this inadequate fast food for all my meals during my stay. I terminated my stay a day early because of my disgust with Marriott.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Dear Vonnie, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. we appreciate feedback as it is an opportunity to bring our staff up to standards. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding the view from the room. We will be using this information to ensure we have these issues corrected moving forward.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Vonnie
First day room service was great. Second day we didn't get any room service after being gone all day. They came by around 530 but we were getting ready for dinner so no room service
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
We appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay at the Courtyard Galveston Island Gulf Front. We strive to get to all rooms in a timely fashion. We accept requests at the front desk if guests would like to have their room cleaned at a specific time that is most convenient for them. We hope that you will consider staying wtih us again when your travels bring you down to Galveston, TX.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Home away from Home"
Spring Break 2015 and this Place is a Home away from Home!!! It's near all the main attractions,clean and peaceful. Will stay again
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Erica
"Housekeeping interruption"
The hotel was great had an awesome view of the sea wall. We arrived on time and were in the room not 10 minutes later. The hotel staff was good at helping inform us of things to do during our stay and which restaraunts were good to eat. But the morning of check out I'm not sure what the housekeeping was up to but she sure found out what me and the girlfriend were up to. What an awkward interruption to say the least.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
We are sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced during the morning of your checkout. It is definitely not the norm at this hotel or any Marriott. All of our staff are trained and retrained to knock and identify themselves before entering a guest room whether it is occupied or not. That procedure is in place to ensure incidents such as yours do not occur.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
justin
"Great hotel with lots of nice amenities"
We stayed a long weekend in February on Galveston Island and chose this hotel to stay at. The staff were all extremely friendly and we liked the bistro for breakfast and late night drinks. We cuddled around the fire pit one night with great conversation with other guests. The weather was not so good so it didn't really matter that we weren't directly on the beach. The pool area looked really nice.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Nice stay. Comfortable quiet room. Convenient location.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
dan
"Weekend with the kids"
Met our son and his fiance in Galveston to celebrate a birthday. Weather wasn't condusive to doing much outside but all in all, a very good time.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Best in Galveston"
Wonderful visit
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Darrin
"Exceeded my expectations"
Clean, comfortable spacious rooms, higher end linens, comfortable soft bed, good location.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Great overnight stay before boarding cruise"
Wonderful seaside hotel! Two thumbs up!
1 night trip Feb 22, 2015
Lonnie
"Weekend getaway"
It was okay very clean room but was disappointed the bar did not remain open late on Friday or Saturday night. This was an average hotel not a five-star get away
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Bryan
"Girls Galveston Getaway"
Wonderful ocean view! Exactly what we expected from the pictures and description online.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Carolyn
"Great Beachfront Hotel"
Our room was on the second floor with a view of the Gulf of Mexico. Wonderful view. In fact the hotel was across the street from the beach. The room was wonderful. The hotel staff were polite and very helpful. We will definitely return!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Jane
I think they charge way too much to not have a free breakfast the next morning. Heated pool? it had warm water pumping in there in one area but I wouldn't call that heated as I couldn't even get all the way in and my teeth were chattering. that was the only reason we stayed there and I couldn't even get in. another couple tried to get in and he didn't make it past the first step before turning around and leaving.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
We appreciate your feedback. At the Galveston Courtyard, we strive to have a perfect guest experience. We are proud to have the Bistro that allows people to order from a menu that offers a variety of items at different prices.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
slm
"nice hotel for a stopover"
Nice hotel, temperature was a little hard to control but otherwise clean and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
"Saved to my favorites"
This hotel is further down on the seawall, away from the chaos, but is still close to all the fun. Nice views of the beach. Stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms (2 separate reservations). Both rooms were very clean. The beds are super comfortable. The only thing (and this did not phase me and my husband in the least) is that there is no complimentary breakfast, but they do have a bistro in the lobby area. All-in-all quality is perfect for the price. Love this hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Good service, noisy a/c"
We got the room to sleep in, and about the only real hiccup was that the a/c unit was noisy at first, sounding like a train whistle when it started up. Over time the noise died down to just some rattling. Other than that, the bed was soft, the pillows mixed (I'll bring my own pillow next time I go to ANY hotel), and the people were friendly.
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
Gerald
"Galveston Mardi Gras"
We wanted to attend the Galveston Mardi Gras and booked this hotel for our stay even though it was quite a distance from the Strand. As it turned out, they had free shuttle service to and from the Strand. The cost of a taxi would have been $30 one way, so a real service. The hotel is beautiful, particularly the pool area. We just couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Brooks
"Family Friendly"
I went alone, and I found the room with one King size bed and pull-out bed to be spacious. My whole family could have been there comfortably.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great hotel. Across the street from the beach."
Great hotel. Wish we could have stayed longer. Rooms were nice, breakfast was good with healthy choices. Staff was friendly & helpful. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
408 Hondo
"Galveston"
The stay was. Rey nice except that we returned to our room at 3 pm our room had not been cleaned.....I feel that by 3 pm I would like my room done.
2 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
"Hotel Switch-a-roo!"
There are two Marriott hotels that share the same property. One is the Courtyard and the other is their extended stay hotel. We booked the Courtyard and when we arrived to check in, they switched us to the extended stay hotel. We weren't thrilled about about being switched to the extended stay hotel since their beds are really hard. There are no options in the extended stay hotel for a king size bed in the room since they are set up like "apartments". Overall, it was disappointing to be switched at the last minute, especially since we booked in advance and were confirmed for the Courtyard. But since it was just a one-night stay, it wasn't a huge deal. However, knowing they will switch people from one hotel to the other without telling them in advance will definitely be the reason we won't stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Room was very comfortable. No balcony, but nice view of ocean. Mattress was wonderful. Room was clean and newly furnished. Families would need to watch small children closely at the beach, due to murkiness and strong tides in the water.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Nice getaway"
The room was beautifully decorated and very quiet. My only complaint was the a/c and or heater was very noisy. Fortunately I travel with a white noise maker so I can sleep well. I would go back again.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Danielle
The room was very spacious. My husband, son, and I stayed in a room with a gulf view, one King bed, with fold out sofa bed. Room was very clean. Would not hesitate to book there again.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Bridget
"Could not believe how efficient this room was"
The staff was friendly or the ones we saw were. No complaints. Hotel clean and appeared well maintained. Had all the conveniences of home. Room service dining was available and hotel was on the beachfront and close to all activities. Bathrooms were large and set up that elderly could get easily in and out of shower. Have only good things to say about this hotel
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
revee
"Awesome getaway"
This hotel was well worth the money spent. The room was clean and quiet; almost like home.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
Doris
"A good place to stay."
Great hotel for the price we got. It was a get away for the new year, did not have a chance to use the pool because of the weather, but it looked very nice and clean. The room was very nice with lots of elbow space, did not feel cramped. Bathroom was nice and clean with enough space. My only complaint with the room was the AC unit, It continuously made this annoying sound and the system would not allow me to turn of the unit. On amenities, it would have been nice to have a continental breakfast and especially a pot of complimentary coffee in the lobby. Other then the two packs they give you in your room, you have to pay if you want a second cup at starbuck's prices. On location, We liked being away from the busy eastside of the Island. So much less noise. Overall nice place and we would consider staying here again.
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"perfect "get-away""
Besides the room being completely beautiful, it was very clean and super comfortable. I have always loved staying at the Marriott hotels but, this was definitely my favorite stay. We have decided to make this stay and annual thing so we will be back next year! Although, there's only a few things to do around you, we were okay with that because there were no distractions. Our view of the ocean was stunning, as well. We really recommend this hotel!
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
jessica
"Above and beyond!"
Even though the weather did not work out in our favor we absolutely loved Galveston and the overall experience. The staff was extremely friendly rooms were clean we even had to leave two days early due to a family emergency and they offered to give us a refund for the two days. I highly recommend this hotel and I would gladly stay here anytime!
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Skyler
"Nice & comfortable"
Ok stay... will stay again. Hotel staff very friendly. The check in was easy and fast. The room was cozy but the bathroom could had a little more attention, but was ok. The only con was that the internet was very weak.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island Gulf Front
Dear Lana, Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback as it is an opportunity to better our team. We have mentioned your concerns about your stay and are working with our service provider and housekeeping departement to better serve you on your next stay with us!
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
lana
"good"
Good
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"New Years Eve Stay"
Great hotel and great location!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014