All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
9550 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77554, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

Marriotts are great hotels. This one was no different. The price could have been better but that goes with staying on Galveston island. I would stay again!
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Adam
Small hotel but adequate. No issues at all. Could not hear our neighbors in the rooms next to us. Nice stay.
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Phil
"Wind tunnel in 213"
I was over disappointed in the service at the front desk. We stayed in the hotel for three nights the room was clean and comfy, except for an extremely loud air conditioner unit. I complained on Sunday morning and the front desk associate was rude and it was quite clear she had no interest in helping. She said she would get it fixed. Never happened and after two additional complaints to various front desk people nothing was done to help us either fix the problem or find us a new room. My suggestion avoid room 213 unless you like the sounds of a noisy wind tunnel. Good luck getting any sleep in that room!
3 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Desiree
Air conditioning unit in room made a loud noise that kept me awake some of the night. Other than that stay was very enjoyable.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"Very Satisfied"
I love the comfort of the room.I love the cleanliness of the room. I also loved the professionalism of the staff. I appreciated the fact that I left a personal item in my room and it was returned.
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Jeanette
We were supposed to get ocean view and did not the first night but they corrected it next 3nights we got an ocean view. Ac in our first room was abit loud but we love the location and hotel. We will be back!
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Lovely room and accommodations, just wished it were sunny and bright outside
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
peter
"Puked"
Fun
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island
Dear Mark, I would first like to thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate feedback as it is an opportunity to bring our team up to the standards you become accustomed to. Please accept our sincere apology that we were not able to uphold these standards during your stay. We would love to be able to host you again should your travels bring you back to the Galveston area!
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
mark
We had a very nice experience except for one issue. I don't mind not receiving a complimentary breakfast; however, no complimentary coffee in the lobby seems a little ridiculous for the amount you pay for the room.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
judy
"wonderful service"
A wonderful place. Great have nothing bad to say aboutthis place.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
TIMOTHY
"Good Place"
The only problem we had was the a.c. sqeaked.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Hot!"
The air conditioner in our room was broken (and the hallway on the second floor was always Hot too).Our room was never cooler than 80 degrees and with temperatures outside humid and over 100 it made our stay uncomfortable. The hotel was notified three times in one day and it still was never fixed.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Great staff."
We ha a late night getting in and lost the room key. The night staff was so helpful. They made the stay so comfortable. The only complaint would be the parking. We had to park in the very back of the hotel and walk to the front entrance. About a 5 min walk. Other than that it was great.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Sara
"Nice Hotel -- needs a little work"
The website indicated room service but there was not. Also, it showed a swim-up bar -- there was not one -- and it was closed for "off season" even though summer does not technically end until Labor Day. Pool area was dirty and no towels available. They could use some work on service -- room service was knocking on the door at 10:00, too. I would expect better service due to the $249/night rate. Hoping they can get more help or better help. Other than those things, I would stay again.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2015
"Good, but...."
The AC would not cool the room and they didn't have personal fans for guests.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Jeffery
"Quiet seawall Hotel"
2nd time to stay at this hotel. Further from seawall chaos and no sand immediately in front of hotel. We tend to drive further toward Jamaica beach for the less crowded public access beach. Our room looked over the pool- decent size, good water pressure in th shower, covered parking, and good AC (which was problematic our last stay). Hallways are warm and humid- and our room had a funk.. However my husband said he didn't really smell it. Pool is beautiful however cleanliness was questionable. I brought goggles to swim laps- and after seeing the grime and hair and who knows what else- I no longer wanted to be in the pool. Lots of kids... So more family oriented vs relaxed.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Tara
"Beautiful hotel/great staff."
Staff was super friendly. Hotel was clean and looked great. Loved the pool. My Only wish is that maybe they might have free coffee service in the lobby.
3 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
eileen
"Wonderful hotel service"
We loved our stay! Excellent service. Wish breakfast was offered though.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Claudia
"Galveston Getaway"
My sister & I wanted to get away for just a couple of days to relax, & the Courtyard's pool was a big draw. Check-in was fine. The staff was courteous. Our room was nice - spacious, clean, & comfortable. The pool was quite crowded when we arrived, but the next day we headed down early & stayed for several hours & it never got too busy. I should mention that several planes flew over the pool area while we were there, which took away from the relaxation a bit. There is an outdoor bar where you can order food & drinks. We ate at both the indoor & outdoor area which were both decent. A couple of issues... Our room was clean when we got there, but never cleaned during our stay. We were out of our room until around 2:00, when we came back briefly to change (Housekeeping was working on the room next door.), then headed out again. I appreciate that they didn't want to disturb us while in the room, but there could be some system to go back & clean rooms that were missed. As we were only there a couple of days & didn't make a mess, it wasn't a major issue. I consequently had to call for towels. After an hour, I called again & they were then brought up. The a/c cools great. Unfortunately, it is super noisy. Overall, the Courtyard Marriott suited our needs.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
K TX
"Big rooms; good value!"
The rooms were much bigger than most hotels in this price range; it was easy for our family of four to move around. The rooms were clean and everything was in good repair. The price was reasonable. The location was convenient and parking was ample and included in the price. The staff were helpful and courteous. There was only one down side; they wait until late in the day to change the towels and clean the bathroom and we were already back from Moody Gardens for a rest before heading out for the night when they came around. they did leave new towels but didn't take away the old ones. This I mention only to explain whey I gave it a 4 star and not a 5 star.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
Great hotel with excellent customer service. Fastest check-in ever!
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
"Great time"
Had pool view since ocean view was not that important to us. Sofa bed worked nicely for grandchild. Not so much traffic or crowds on that end of Seawall. Good stay for $139 a night. Staff was helpful and polite.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!"
The location of the hotel was great. Close enough to everything but far enough that it's not crowded. The beach view was beautiful. The pool was great with clean bathrooms. The hotel staff was nice and helpful. The room was large with a couch and was clean. It was very quiet. This was a great hotel and I truly recommend this hotel for any family!
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Jacob
a great for family fun.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
frank
"Good but not Great"
Hotel is a tad bit further down the sea wall, but with everything right there at your fingertips it's still a great location. Hotel would have been perfect if we had known that balconies were first come first serve or that our room would be one of the few facing absolutely nothing. We stayed two nights and ended up switching hotels for our third. Great hotel, but definitely not worth the price you pay when there are so many others out there with the same to offer.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island
Thank you for giving us a review. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guest's that we can strive for memorable service. We appreciate your business and hope you try our hotel again when in the Galveston area.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Sean
"beautiful hotel for the price!"
My husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary and the stay was wonderful. I called and special requested a seafront room for our special stay and we were accommodated.The room was big and very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Cynthia
"Don't use the sofabed"
The King suite said it was suited for a family of 4. However, the pull out sofabed was very uncomfortable - felt every rod/spring.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Won't be back."
Parking is definitely at a premium for this hotel, we arrived on a Friday evening and every parking spot for both the hotel and the extended stay where full, So the night manager had us park in front of the hotels fire system stand pipe and across from the fire hydrant, I told him that we couldn't park there it's against the law. This is the 2nd time to stay at this hotel and both times we have had problems, the first time was due to the room conditions at check in and the AC not working, we where guaranteed a certificate for a nights stay at any Marriott hotel due to the problems, needless to say this never happened even after several phone calls and reassurance that it had been taken care of. If you plan on staying here bring a fan with you as the AC (especially on the upper floors) never quite get the room cool. And expect a very musty/mildewed order in the front lobby. The swimming pool is a nice size but it also stays warm/hot as there is no shade to help keep the sun from beating down on it all day.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island
Thank your for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guests that we can strive for memorable service. The parking does get tight when we have a full house at both the Courtyard and the Towneplace but normally we have enough parking for all of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope that you give us another try the next time you are on Galveston Island.
4 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Tammi
Pillows were too soft and the room was too hot. We had the thermostat set as low as it would go and it was still too hot
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island
Thank your for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guests that we can strive for memorable service. We appreciate your business and hope that you give us another try the next time you are on Galveston Island.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Convenient, good size rooms"
Ok when you just stay there a few days, no towels available at the pool...guess that nobody is assigned to clean / dry them for patrons
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
NDP
"Great hotel - would stay here again"
This hotel is really nice, especially for the price. Rooms are large and updated. The bed is really comfortable. We had one person stay on the fold out couch and the room was large enough for all of us. Location is a bit down the road from most other hotels, but we were happy to avoid all the crowds. Beach in front is rocky, so you have to drive down less than a mile to a sandy beach.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
noisy a/c unit in our room and couldnt phone the front desk due to the phone in our room not working
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Roger
"I am VERY pleased with our stay!"
Check-in was VERY quick and easy, as was Check out . The hotel is nice, clean and pleasing to the eye. The hotel is also located directly across from the hotel and is very nice if you have an ocean view like we did. The pool was fun, loved the lounge sofa's. We LOVED the shuttle service. The first day of our vacation my husband and I were very stressed having to deal with the traffic down at the "busy" side of the sea wall. When we discovered the shuttle service it was a game changer for sure. July 4th was our 7 year wedding anniversary and we were pretty bummed that we couldn't find a parking spot down by pleasure pier and had to drive back to the hotel. When we discovered the shuttle service it SAVED OUR ANNIVERSARY. My 3 1/2 loved it too! The shuttle runs every 30 minutes and the driver is super nice! The front desk is very accommodating when it comes to making sure you know when your shuttle has arrived or is waiting for you. Also, the gym was perfect. Everything you need to get a nice workout in! -The Hand Family
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Ashley
Staff was great, room was great, pool and bar was great. Over all my wife and I had a great stay.
4 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Relaxing beds"
Very nice and the bed was great!!! Ask for a gulf view, we had a "pool view" and it was a partial. Booked a king room because I was going alone to see son in hospital and he was released so two stayed at the hotel. They would not change the room to a double. Make sure you request exactly what you need because they will not make changes after you book.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Darrell
"nice hotel not far from the beach"
the hotel staff was not very knowledgeable about 4th of July activities around Galveston
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Dwight
Second time to stay here and will definitely be back. Super clean and staff very nice. Just wish it had a hot tub.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Family trip"
The hotel was very nice, clean new and modern. The staff could have been friendlier...and because of recent flooding in Texas there was an incredible amount if mosquitoes everywhere inside of the hotel. I feel they should have done something about that...but overall it was a nice hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Jerri
It was ok. Lil bit too far from lots of attractions
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the hotel. It is only through the comments and suggestions of our guests that we can strive for memorable service. Our hotel is a bit further from Galveston's main attractions, but our location is in a much quieter section of town as well. We hope that you try our hotel again in the future and please know that we do have shuttle service to anywhere on the island until 10pm at night to avoid having to drive yourself. Sincerely, Andrew Dual General Manager
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Vicki
Great room
3 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Great hotel close to the beach just a little far from all the restaurants. Overall we would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"bad cafe"
Great stay but don't like the restaurant. Like free coffee in the morning. Room coffee is not good
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"galveston trip"
I was disappointed that even with gold Marriott membership they could not give me a different room with 2 full beds rather than one king bed. I asked for upgrade to water view, they did not accommodate that either. No free breakfast buffet and very limited choices for food at their restaurant.. I asked for extra towels at the front desk, was never delivered. At a discounted rate of $230 per night (excluding tax), I expected a different service and better accommodation.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island
Dear Valued Guest: As a Gold Marriott Rewards member, you stay at many Marriott hotels each year and it is only through the comments and suggestions of our most loyal customers that we can strive for memorable service. We obviously didn't meet that standard during your stay last month. I am very sorry about the problems that you encountered and the lack of choices at breakfast. When making reservations through a third party such as Hotels.com, we at the hotel are limited to the changes that we can make on your reservation. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that the next time you are in Galveston, you try our hotel again and we will exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Andrew Dual General Manager
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Nice hotel, right on the water..."
Nice hotel in very nice condition, good service. No problems at all...
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Trip To Galveston"
The pool area was very nice. We were disappointed that the firepit outside did not work. The only breakfast and coffee available in the hotel is expensive and does not start until 7 am on the weekends--not good for parents of a 6 month old who get up at 5am. Our housekeeper only cleaned our room one of the 5 days we stayed there.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Jen
"our forty fifth"
WE loved it THANK YOU FOR GREAT STAY
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
harvey b
"Overnight trip"
We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 am and my granddaughter wanted to go to the beach. They let us check in and we were at the beach by 11:00. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Debbie
"Family get away"
I had the worst experience in this hotel. I was traveling with my husband and two children. I reserved a room with 2-Queen size beds because my son is a autistic and needs to stay in the same room so he was going to share a bed with my husband and I was going to share the other bed with my daughter. When we walked into the room we noticed that it only had a king size bed, so decided to call the front desk and let them know that they gave us the wrong room but the phone in the room was not working (it was dead)so I had to go back to the lobby to them know and I told me that they did not have any other rooms. Next time I'll stay at the Hilton 2-miles down the road their services are outstanding.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Hilda
"#simmonswedding515"
We had our wedding in Galveston and the hotel was more than accommodating for all of us! I would totally stay there again!
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Michele
Front desk did not inform us of amenities. Lack of security with accessing the elevators. Anyone can get on elevator and gain access to your floor without a hotel card.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015