All hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Baumackerstrasse 47, Zurich, ZH, 8050, Switzerland, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
"Nice apartments at a very reasonable price"
Enjoyed my short stay here. Much cheaper than other options in Zurich, and in a great neighborhood to boot. It's an apartment, not a true "hotel" but once I caught on to that I was very satisfied.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2015
Marquise
"Not what we expected."
The taxi took us right from the airport to the hotel. When we got there we asked the taxi driver, "where is the hotel"? He was not sure but the address was correct. We looked around and we did not see any chairs and tables outside which is what is depicted in the pictures. OK, but that is not so important, right? We found the entrance on the side of the building. It was an open door leading to narrow stairs (on the left). On the right was a locked door. We knocked. No answer. There was no one there. We asked a guest about the stairs and that is how you get to your room. Curious? Let me continue. We called the phone number on the sign outside the door. We asked why we knocked and no one was there. They told us because this is no longer a hotel. It was sold to another company last year and it is not a short term room rental facility. I asked where the front desk is, the staff, the bar. This is on the website. The person on the other end of the phone said they have none of those things. I asked why this property is listed as a hotel on the travel website when it is actually not a hotel. She could not answer me. I asked how I would get into my room. She told me look for a lockbox. It was locked. No key. She said follow the directions on the lockbox. I asked for my money back (it was Saturday). She told me to call back on Monday. I never received a phone call. Many attempts. Finally I was told they would not give us our money back.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Family Man
"Convenience and cleanness"
Perfect for a short stay in Zurich. Walk distances to main trolleys crossroads that takes you Zurich main train station and main places in that beautiful city
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Disappointing and Misleading"
I was on a 16 hour long layover in Zurich and it was VITAL that I have access to the internet. First, there is no reception desk or hotel staff whatsoever. Just a box where you are expected to enter a code to receive your room key. I had not had access to a printer to print out my hotel confirmation which apparently included this code (And I couldn't access the internet to check my confirmation email, more on that in a moment) so if a lady from the adjoining restaurant hadn't been there to help me, I would not even have been able to figure out how to check in! Then I had to climb five flights of stairs to my room. Then there is no sign of internet access. After 3 trips up and down the stairs, (I'm 57 and not in the best shape, so this alone about killed me) it turns out a sheet of instructions was missing from my room. Then it turns out I need a phone number to receive a unique code for internet access. Of course my phone does not work in Switzerland. Then it says "If you do not have a cell phone, call..." Well, you can see how illogical this all is. It turns out some guys in the room a floor below mine did get a code, but could not get it to work. The room price is LOW FOR A REASON! Avoid the hotel Löwen!
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Without elevator, frontdesk, staff... Nothing"
Disappointed with hotel.com Did't have any information about the htl. We arrived and had no access to the code to take the key from the room! with three heavy luggage, we had to climb 4 floors of stairs because the building has no elevator and the hotels.com does not have any warning.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Ricardo
"Self-serve hotel"
Maybe I didn't read carefully enough or the information wasn't there, but this hotel has no concierge desk. Luckily we happened to call them to ask about a late check-in and were given a code to get our key out of the lock box. If we hadn't called we'd have had no idea how to get into the building, let alone our room! Also, the internet is included, but you need a working cell phone to receive the code by sms. So if you're traveling internationally without access to cell phone you will not be able to get internet (luckily we had a local with us to help us check in). These things are good to know for planning purposes. Otherwise the room was clean and functional; nothing special but comfortable.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
G Snover
"convenient location, no AC"
This apartment hotel is 3-5 walk from Oerlikon station and two major super markets. The train will take you to the airport in 6 minutes and Zurich city in about 20 minutes. The price is less than half of a hotel room in Zurich, but you get what you pay for. There is no AC or a fan in the room. Depending on which room you get (we stayed in two rooms during our stay), the street can be loud if you open the windows. Overall I am happy with the experience, thanks to the nice weather for the first two days, but I would not recommend it if you visit Switzerland in July or August. Tips: the hotels.com confirmation number will not get you the room key from their key box, you will have to call them to get a code. To connect to the free wifi, you will receive a code in you cell phone through a text message. If your phone does roam, don't stay in this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
Elan
"NO RECEPTION???"
The worst part about this hotel is that there is NO RECEPTION or office or management for this 'hotel'... Safe box didnt work, no room service (really?) and we were told to call, at our expense of course with and international cell phone, to the management office offsite....really???
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
This is not an Hotel !! this are apartments !! nobody is in the reception, !! they dont have reception !! one oriental womans who are in the restaurant next to this place, are the people who help us !! whe where in the fift floor and teh place doesn't have an elevator !!!! many !!! many stairs !!! it was horrible !!!! I never comeback to this place !! ship but ugly !!!!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Close to train station"
I needed a place to stay before heading out of Zurich. This hotel is 4 min by train to the airport, and a less than 5 min walk from the train station (get off at Oerlikon Station). Room was clean and comfortable. Only frustration was the free wi-fi required either a cell-phone number (to get a code by text) or to call a landline number. There was no landline and I had no functional cell phone. But the lady who checked me in was kind and used her phone to get an access code for me, and all was well.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
The hotel is kinda nice, the problem is that information given isn't clear: I booked a double room including breakfast and i got a room for one, without breakfast because they don't serve breakfast on Sundays (which was not said anywhere online). Moreover the hotel is "automatic", no staff is around so if you have some problems you have to be ready to deal with them yourself.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"code problems"
To describe what happened during the two hours we were trying to get into our room would be a very long story. To sum it up: first we got the wrong code (apparently a couple of Italian tourists who arrived at the same time experienced the same), then we got a code, entered the room and....it was somebody else's room (apparently the Italians experienced the same)...wrong code again. finally the hotel people arrived and had to clean up a room for us, otherwise they would probably be giving us wrong codes the whole night. worth the money? you judge, but we will go for a hotel with a reception next time...even if it costs a few extra CHF.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2014
M. Sturdik
"Decent Appartment and good value for money"
Clean , basic room without any service; good value for Money, no real working space (only one power socket in the room for bed lamp) ; Close to Bahnhof Oerlikon,
2 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
"Good hotel near train station."
Would be better if I get the booking code before arrive instead of call the "Hot Line" to get my room key, that cost me a roaming call.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Antonio
"Nice, modern and quiet hotel room"
It is very close to the train station in Oerlikon and to the airport . By train or tram it is close to the the old city. I did not see an elevator so if mobilty is an issue think about it. A nice lady in the restaurant was able to get me the key form a lock box in the front door since I did not have my reservation number with me. I had a pleasant night and would highly recommended it. I did not have the breakfast.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Mel
"Not Hotel: Low end dorm. No service Great internet"
OK...This is not a hotel as there is no reception and zero service. All advertising is that it is a hotel but inside it had one paper taped on door saying it is a 'apartment suite'. I arrived at front door and this walked me into a restaurant where the two people there we're a bit miffed that I walked in the door that said Hotel Lowen. I was directed to a keybox outside but could not get key despite printing my reservation (frankly this seems more of a hotels.com issue as 3rd time an apartment reservation did not provide me with proper instructions). Guy in restaurant thought it was funny (in a bad way) that I had lots of luggage and there was no elevator). ROom is Spartan thought large for Zurich but with no features. No fridge, no where to put you toiletries next to sink, no plug to connect computer next to desk...basically this place was thrown together and not much thought put to things. No shampoo, TV channels limited and request for iron and ironing board was given response 'we will deliver in 24 hours). Good dining options around the hotel. Overall hated this hotel EXCEPT internet was frankly world class and much better than any European hotel with excellent VOIP...this is on reason I gave it a 3 as this is important for me personally...if you want a low price, awesome internet with no service..this is the place.
2 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Norman T
"The worst experience"
I paid and they didnt honor my reservation. There was no one at the counter and via cel they never replied. After 2 hours they say that the reservation code i had was not in their records. PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"A NEW concept"
Wow, no hotel reception! No one at all! You literally show up at the hotel and look at a box and input your booking code and then a magnetic key drops out. It is just that simple. I had never experience anything like this before, so was confused at first. I had to call the hotline to understand what was going on. The hotline is posted at the entrance. I was confused at first. In the end though, I would stay here everyday and twice on Sunday. The rooms were immaculate and it actually made me question the need of hotel reception. Like a fast food worker, are they really necessary? My answer would be no. Much like the integrated circuit, the speed of the business interaction outweighs dealing with the emotional status of a clerk.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013

"Good value on Zurich"
Hi stayed for 3 days. Room very spacious and clean. Close to train station to the city and also very close to the airport. However beware that there is no reception at this hotel and you have to get a code for the door - this is not that hard, but I didn't realise this when booking. You call the hotel number +41 43 255 57 57 and they give it to you over the phone. Would stay there again as very good value for Zurich which is the most expensive city ever! Also would recommend the vegetarian restaurant Haus Hiltl - really nice food and affordable.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2015
"Below Average Hotel"
Hi, Pros: Hotel was nice, clean when arrived, quite area, near to train station and some shops. Cons: No reception so when there is a problem there is no one to talk too, like stairs had some broken lamps, so in evening you have to go down in darkness. You have to enter code in a box to get your key, since I didn't get an email about that I waited hours in the street then had to do some international calls to hotel to get the right key. I didn't receive email for room confirmation code. Stay for 4 days and I found many people in front of hotel with same problem. They only clean room once everywhere 3 days. they change towels daily though. Soap and shampoo every 3 days. Cleaning lady, just knocks lightly (which impossible to hear unless you standing behind door) then walk in, although there is a good loud door bell,
5 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Clean and easy to find. However, major error is machine check-in without detailed explanation, no A/C and you need a sms code for wifi when I didn't have mobile service (this is a general problem with switzerland)
3 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Jaeseung
"Get your key code before going"
If you book with hotels.com you don't get sent the code for the key box which you need to get in. Only way to get this is to call a few times (they didn't reply to email)
2 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
"You get what you paid for...at the Swiss level."
As others have mentioned, this "hotel" is very basic with no reception (i.e. also no left luggage service) and no lift/escalator. The confirmation number from Hotels.com does not work as a code to gain access to the key - you need to ring up the local phone number on the front door so have a phone handy. Although it was straight forward and only took 2 minutes on the phone to get the code. The single room I stayed in was more like a backpacker-style room with a hairdryer, a safe, table and chair, TV with too many channels - at least I don't have to share bathroom. There is no fridge, no water kettle. The one annoying thing was that there was no window blind - only a shade, and my room is directly opposite some apartment building. The neighbourhood is not bad with supermarket and a few fast food stores nearby. Train station (Oerlikon) is 5 minutes' walk away with frequent connection to city centre and airport, both of which are less than 10 minutes away. Overall, if you don't mind very basic accommodation and you need to be close to airport it is OK - you do get what you paid for.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2015
"Excellent value for money"
Excellent value for money
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2015
adam
Not a 'standard hotel'.... no front desk, when you arrive you need a code and pick up your room key.... I didnt have mine but rang the number and the person who answered was very helpful and talked my through it... Very good value for the price....
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great value for the money!"
Fantastic stay for the money! The room was nice, comfortable and clean. As stated by other reviewers, there is no hotel staff. It can be a little tricky when you first get in, but the owners have marked the check-in box and provide explanations of what to do. If there are issues, you can call and they are very helpful. Yes, there are only stairs, no elevator--welcome to Europe. But really, it's not bad--the stairs are wide so it is easy to carry luggage. And besides, what American couldn't use the exercise? :-)
1 night trip Feb 23, 2015
Kathleen
"Check In Challenge"
We booked online 24 hours before our arrival. The rate was favourable as was the location for our purposes. The challenge was at check in. There is no front desk, only a key box outside. In the 24 hours before our arrival we were not contacted with the appropriate code to collect our key, nor were the other guests that arrived at the same time. Thankfully a lady from the attached restaurant 'Hotel Löwen' helped us and called the hotelier to get the key code for us. Otherwise it was good value, clean and comfortable. Parking on the street was free and available that night.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
D Blake
the Bed is not for couple its for single, there is no lift, the staf of the hotels not respond when you call
4 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
s b Fadhil
"No Lift Hotel"
I was totally shocked that this hotel doesnt have a lift. We arrived with 4 big luggages and have to lift 1 by 1 to 3rd floor. Really it wasnt comfy at all, although the room was ok, internet connection was very ok, very close to Oerliken train station. It will be a huge plus in my review if this hotel had a lift.
3 night trip Jul 29, 2014
iksan
"Have a liking for stairs & small spaces ........"
Well located in the Oelikan district with great transport to the Zurich city & the airport the motel was a disappointment with over 50 steps to a room no bigger than 3x3 meters, no fridge, kettle or decent blinds. To get into the shower you have to be a skinny Minny & if you drop the soap forget it- like the motel, forget it!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Susan SLLOYD
"Best deal for Zurich, but no front desk"
We loved the room and would stay here again. The only two downsides to this hotel were the lack of elevator (our room was on the 5th floor...) and the lack of front desk staff. You have to punch in a code to get your room key outside the front door. Thankfully I knew this was the case based on other reviews, and we got lucky and one of the women from the adjoining restaurant helped us to get our key. Generally we had a pleasant stay here, and wish we could have spent more time in Oerlikon seeing as it was such a cute vibrant little downtown.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"No service during weekends"
Pros: Location was excellent. Very close to Orlikon train station. Have a good satellite TV system. Cons: Although description says that they have reception with capable of multiple languages there were no one. The lady at the bar at the ground floor helped to get the key. The worst thing was there is NO ELEVATOR although it has 5 floors. It was a nightmare. We try to contact the hotel service on Friday evening asking for a favor to change the room (my wife was pregnant). However, the person on the other end said that for such a service we had to wait till Monday when the service people will be back. Furthermore, there was no room cleaning on Saturday and the cleaning people never bother to replace soap and shower gels. Our stay was 5 days and we had to buy our own.
5 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
Sumudu
"Uncooperative staff"
Never stay at this hotel. Staff is uncooperative. Not worth even if provides free accomodation
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
V
"Please black list hotexpedia have good reputation"
Please don't recommend any one this hotels.bad hotel I seen my lifetime.no one is there for any information only by phone and i have to make many ISD CALL WITH MY MOBILE.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Not quite a hotel - more a provider of rooms"
As hinted in the title, if you expect a hotel with a manned reception and helpful staff or an elevator to assist in carrying the luggage up/down to/from the third floor, you'll be well inspired to investigate other options. In terms of cleanliness of the room and overall security everything was good to very good. My main complain is that this accommodation place calls itself "Hotel" and does not qualify the type of accommodation as some form of locked rooms, with additional facilities as TV / Wi-Fi, but with no telephone.
2 night trip Apr 30, 2014
Claudiu
"All OK"
Just OK, nothing special, good for an over night stay with no complications.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Luke
"nice hotel and cheap"
pro: cheap, nice and close to the station cons: the room was not cleaned for 3 days, not sure why; maybe we woke up late in the morning and we left every day after 10-11 am (but this is not a problem usually)
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Close to where it want to go"
Comfortable
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2013
Hui
"Just Meh"
I don't know what to think about my time here. The overall room was very nice, clean with fairly new everything. The problem? There is no reception desk and nobody there to really help you. Luckily the lady that works at the attached restaurant was able to help me deal with my issues on entrance. There is an issue with Expedia also!!! You are apparently supposed to be given a room number and key combination upon booking with Expedia that they never sent me!! That same lady said it was a recurring problem she has seen before with Expedia. Also, I booked the room under the guise of it being close to the airport. It was still a 40 franc cab ride to the airport so no real savings there... Bottomline, the room was nice but for 110 franc I'd expect a certain amount of custome service that I did not receive. Also no elevators. Would probably not recommend when a place by the airport is 200 Franc and the cabs pretty much even things out...
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
Mo

Zimmer war sauber und zweckmäßig. Keine Rezeption vorhanden. Schlüssel über Buchungscode am Eingang erhältlich. Preis/Leistungverhältnis für die Schweiz ok.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Uwe
"pohoda"
Hotel nam vyhovuje svoji polohou a prijatelnou cenou.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
marie
CZ
"da ZURIGO"
Unico neo negativo la luce in camera che non funzionava e chiaramente non sapevo che questo hotel all'arrivo va chiamato un numero estero per avere accesso all'Hotel. (sarebbe utile avvisare in fase di riserva di tutto ciò)
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Franco
IT
"Sehr sauber, aber laut wegen Gartenparty"
Nach erforderten Hilfe per handy erhielt ich den Code und konnte dann mit dem Schlüssel eintreten. Das Zimmer war sehr sauber, das Bett gut und die Dusche perfekt. Einzig störend war eine laute asiatische Freitag-Feierabendfeier im Hinterhof unter meinem Fenster bis nach Mitternacht.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
CH
Well I wasn't sure if I missed the email or what happened but I wasn't aware that I needed the last 5 digits from my booking number to get the key. So this needs to be definitely told to customer early on. Incase you don't have it, there's a number on the wall you can call and get this sorted out fast for you. Apart from that no hassle, I enjoyed my stay here and it was clean, nice room for myself. Will return next time I'm in Zürich, thanks! :)
1 night trip Jun 24, 2015
FI
Problème dès l'arrivée: pas de réception et le code de Hotels.com ne correspond pas au code de réservation de l'hotel (qui ne m'a pas été transmis). D'autres clients ont le même problème avec les réservations en ligne. Nécessité d'appeler la Hotline pour avoir le code. Sinon chambre très propre et simple. Rapidement au centre ville avec S-Bahn ou tram.
2 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Emilie
CH
"Einfach und gut"
Bin wie immer ganz zufrieden Einfach aber gut ausreichend
1 night trip May 8, 2015
"ganz ok"
völlig in Ordnung bin öfter da
1 night trip Apr 26, 2015
"Hyvä hotelli"
Hyvä hotelli. Helppo liikkua keskustaan ja lentokentälle.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Juho
FI
"völlig in ordnung"
ideal zum schlafen preis Leistung stimmt
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
DE
"Die Nacht war eine Katastrophe"
Zuerst war das Hotel schwer zu finden, weil es bei google falsch eingezeichnet war. Beim Check-In fehlte mir der Code, den man in den Automaten eingeben musste, weil der bei der Expedia-Buchung nicht angegeben war. Das einzige Personal, das ich gesehen habe, war die spanische Putzfrau am nächsten Morgen. Dafür gab es von 20.30 Uhr abends bis nachts um 4.45 Uhr mehrfachen Lärm durch den "Zimmerservice". Das größte Ärgernis war, dass die Nacht um 4.20 Uhr beendet war, weil sich zwei Personen im Nachbarzimmer unterhielten. Eine Person war der asiatlische Zimmerservice. Unten in der Pension befindet sich ein thailändisches Restaurant. Der Zimmerservice blieb bis 4.45 Uhr und liess sich weder durch Rufen noch durch Klopfen von den Störungen abbringen. Das traditionell erscheinende Hotel ist eher eine Pension, denn es gibt weder Mittag- noch Abendessen und auch kein Frühstück. Dieser Aufenthalt war eine klare Fehlbuchung. Die Nacht hätte man auch wach verbringen können.
Other trip May 21, 2015