All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2131 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.4
"polynesian plaza"
We stayed 8 days at The Polynesian Plaza while its not the fanciest hotel , it was quiet and in a convenient area. Would definitely stay there again.
8 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
deidre
"In The Heart of Waikiki"
This hotel is old and with little maintenance. That said is was clean, safe and all staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. I stayed there a total of 7 nites and I would stay there again as the price and location are perfect. Plus it had a 2 burner stove, microwave and a refrigerator. It was a studio with pans, silverware and toaster. I was very pleased but for being run down and out of date.
5 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Kathryn
"exceptional location"
remodeled room was clean and fresh. Window faced backyard -- was very quiet.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
"Quirky, old & economical. Comfort over luxury here"
Overall the hotel is not for luxury or even overly critical travelers. It's an older quirky building without a real lobby and minimal amenities. But the bed was decent, fridge and microwave were new and furniture typical for most hotels. The bathroom while big enough felt cramped. The door opens into the toilet and shower stall essentially a 4x4 square. When you walk into the front hallway from the street, you find a stairway to the right which tends to remain closed for security, an old but functioning elevator and a door to the pool on the left... That door leads you to the front desk which is literally just an office with a window next to the pool, so don't expect anything fancy. That said, I have no real complaints. I wasn't there to stay in my hotel and when I was there, I was comfortable and happy with the price. The one issue I had with the shower knobs were repaired quickly and they replaced an old lose outlet behind the bed that caused the bedside lamps to flicker. The only annoyance I recall was a lack of useable outlets for electronics... Would be nice for them to install a small power strip on the desk. I ended up moving the bed and unplugging a lamp to plug in my phone.
7 night trip Apr 10, 2015
"Renovation alternative"
My reservation was for a city view room with a king size bed. We got a pool/courtyard view with 2 double beds. Older hotel, had to jiggle the key in the door to open, for the price, can't beat it for being in Waikiki and great location.
6 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
"Bad bad"
Sooo bad
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Jorge
"Family Man, great value, comfortable stay!"
The Polynesian Plaza was a great deal for my wife and I. The room is a little vintage, but the balcony views are nice and the hotel staff is very friendly. This hotel is in the perfect location, as it is a few feet away from anything that you need access to. The rooms were clean and it looks as if the hotel is dedicated to upgrading small details for a more comfortable stay. The price is very good, compared to surrounding hotels in the area.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
william
"weekend getaway"
Bathroom sink had no cold water. Kitchen sink leaked. AC was not cold.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Great stay / great price"
Hotel staff was awesome! Great downtown location. Room with kitchenette fit my style perfectly. Hotel is older and in need of some updating - but all in all it was great for me. I will return and use them again.
8 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Troy
"Average, convenient location hotel"
For this rate, it is an average!
4 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Terushi
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
We stayed there for 5 nights, the room is a 2 stars but the location is very convenient so it's ok paying for it specially if you don't want to spend to much because you can cook breakfast there and save the money... It's very quite zone and its on one of the main streets there next to Waikiki. Even though it does not have parking it self they provide it but it's kind of expensive 20 bucks extra per night...
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Aguilar's
"Big room! Great location, but noisy."
Hotel in the middle of renovation, and there is construction on the surrounding buildings which start at 7am! Our room fronted the busy road - sound came through the single pane glass doors as if the doors were open. Sliding blinds need replacing - so didn't block out the morning light. Room was fine - not fancy - but the kitchenette was good, and beds very comfy (more comfy than the Hilton where I am now staying). And is has coin washers and dryers on every floor (Hilton doesn't have anything). If the soundproofing is done, I would give this place 5 stars if for no other reason than it has everything your need, nothing you don't, and the location is fantastic.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
robyn
"It was ok"
It was ok...however , they seemed to be moving and replacing furniture in the rooms and lots of furniture out in hallways. Kind if a older place that could use remodeling. It smelt funny. Like my grandma.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
jason
"needs renovation"
If renovation takes place, it will be my first pick for any stay in Hawaii.
4 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Edward
"Great location!"
Hotel is not fancy - there are no amenities. There is no lobby and there is one small elevator servicing all floors. Room had a balcony and kitchenette. Sink in kitchenette had a steady drip and the remote for the inwall air conditioner did not work (and staff had known of these conditions). However the a/c could be manually operated. Hotel was in process of swapping new furniture for old furniture in rooms. My room had a mixture of new and old furniture. Cleanliness of room was subpar. Despite these conditions, overall my stay was comfortable. If you just need a place to sleep, for the price this hotel is worth it. Room was in the back of the hotel, facing the swimming pool. Room was very quiet.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Terrible hotel, Great location."
Arrived at the hotel late because I had spent over 30 mins trying to find it. The hotel entrance is hidden between two stores. Anyway, I finally got to the hotel and checked in, the staff were very nice. When I got my key I had to take my car to a different location. When I had parked my car and walk for approx. five mins with my bags I got back to the hotel. I went to the floor my room was on and when I stepped out of the elevator I was greeted with piles of furniture and mattresses in the common area and the corridors. I finally got to my room and went in, the room was a huge disappointment. Obviously it was an old hotel in need of a total overall. I tried to get online via my laptop but there wasn't any service so I went to the front desk to ask and was told that internet wasn't provided though it was advertised that internet was available. I went out for something to eat and was surprised at the hotels location. It was downtown, close to the beach (one good point) When I got back to the hotel it was close to midnight so I decided to get some sleep so got ready for bed and when I pulled back the sheets on the bed there was a huge stain. I decided to mention it to the manager the next morning because it was late, I was tired and the manager wouldn't be in to the next morning. The next morning I found there was construction going on next door to the hotel. The manager offered me another room but the hotel didn't provide what it had advertised. Hotel is not recommended.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Bryan
It was ok, but just seemed a little bit run down (the shower was kind of scary)
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"I will come back again"
I arrived to the terrible building site noise next door. I told the agent I could not tolerate that. He was so nice to have me taken to the White Sands Hotel. The first room there was terrible....but they moved me to a nicer one. I am not sure if I would stay there again. I like the Polynesian Plaza's location, so I will probably stay there again after the building next door is finished.
4 night trip Dec 20, 2014
There was construction going on, and I wasn't notified by Expedia.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Easy access to Waikiki. Very nice studio apartment"
Great one night stay here at this hotel. Easy access to Waikiki. It was nice to have a little kitchenette in the room so we could store food and such. Overall not bad. The rooms do not have a phone though to call down to front desk if you had a question or if someone needed to call your room. Other than that it is not bad for the price if your staying here short term.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Cheap, clean no-frills in a good location"
I liked the place, Its a throwback to a simpler Waikiki. Cheap, clean with nice people
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"No fully equipped kitchennette"
Room is bedroom with microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator and table. At the back is a small closet, with plates, cutlery, pots etc. There is no sink (other than bathroom sink), no 2 burner stovetop, no kettle, and no kitchen surfaces in the room. We stayed at the hotel twice, and the beginning and end of our stay, and both rooms were similarly equipped. If you are just looking for a cheap room in Waikiki, it is fine, but don't except too much of a kitchen! You can walk from the hotel to the beach quite easily, and the staff are friendly, and there is also a small pool area. The rooms are quite old, and relatively clean, but do have quite a strong smell of air freshener when you walk in. As the windows are old, and the hotel is next to a busy road, it can be a bit noisy at night time.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
s
"Friendly place"
This hotel is easy to find, not far from the beach and shopping. The hotel staff are super nice, friendly and helpful. Its on busy street so expect a little noise from the traffic below. I really like the hotel had fridge and small kitchen. Also this hotel needs serious updates (elevator, carpet-title would be better and bathroom, paint). The beds were really comfortable and pillows as well.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
vendy
"Not as bad as I thought it would be"
We were just looking for somewhere to lay our heads because we intended to be out at the beach and local events most of the day and didn't see a reason to spend close to $200 a night for a place we were rarely going to be in. A lot of the negative reviews that I read about this place seem rather ridiculous to me at this point. It definitely is an older building, but I don't see how that could be a problem, I appreciate the vintage look. Our room was very clean. The price was pretty awesome for what we got AND for the location. The room came with a stove, microwave, fridge and everything else we needed to cook. The shower was cute. I was really impressed with this place and would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Location but not much else"
Good location...walkable to many shops and restaurants, etc. Hotel is old and could use a facelift. Okay for an overnight. Lose the carpet deodorizer.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Nasty Nasty Nasty"
NASTY. Dead roaches in room bed hard as rocks .... Could not watch tv and have air conditioner on the sane time or it would through the breaker no phone in room kitchen very old and run down .... Sleep on the stret its nicer
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Duane
"Old old awful hotel"
This hotel existed before waikiki even existed. hidden charges. awful, old and horrible. Do NOT STAY there
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
ek
"cheap place to stay"
Not at all the comforts of home. Just cheap.
7 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Julia
Great location.....problems with parking.....had room change at end of week...due to water leak....friendly staff...rooms need updating....
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Hotel is old - well located."
The hotel is old and a bit rundown. Room was clean. We reserved a Kind and had two twins. On day 2 they pushed the twins together to give us our King. Staff was friendly. Parking is a nightmare. $20 a day to park in a garage a few blocks away. The location is great! I would stay here again for location but my wife disagrees with me.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Good prices!"
I really like how affordablle it is.. But its kinda outdated.! Needs to remodel some things. But ovetall i ike staying there
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
TS_AsianDolly
"hotel was great location"
i enjoyed my stay, the staff was friendly, professional and courteous. i will definitely stay again and would recommend to all my friends and family visiting the island.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Green
They were all nice but I am pretty sure someone took my stuff because there is no way I left them there when I checked out.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Old hotel"
The hotel is surrounded by shops and bars. There is no parking at the hotel. The rooms are old, I had a key to enter. Internet was not free. The elevator was old like everything else.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Not good"
This was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Ever! The door knob came off in my hand. I was told I had a room with a king sized bed....instead I got two twins. No phone in the room. No place to get ice or a soft drink. Did see a pay phone on the 3rd floor however. Very old room. Had to park a block away. They were kind enough to waive the $20 parking fee since there was a "mix up" on the bed issue. Was glad to leave the next morning. You asked for my review ...good or bad. It was bad.
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2014
Elaine
"It's an affordable hotel.."
What more can I say but, you get what u paid for!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
TS_AsianDolly
"Excellent localization"
Old installations but the localization compensates...
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
IgorBC
"Not bad for the price"
It was like stepping back in time but I like the 70's so it was just fine. Short walk to the beach, fantastic reataurants and bars. Parking was reasonable
2 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Bobby
"Are you kidding me."
No parking on site. When you walk into the dingy entrance you can smell the foul odors of cigarettes & age of the area. If you are over 6' tall this is not for you. The beds are small as well as the bathroom. The shower is not clean and the window shades need to be changed. I would never stay here again. I travel a lot and this is the bottom of the barrel hotel to me.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Shawn
"The hotel is very old and needs renovation."
The hotel is very old and needs renovation.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Prapan
"Nice location and friendly staff. Room was large!"
Very nice and very near the beach and the best of Waikiki. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Had kitchen tools and things that let you cook and had a good fridge. Great for the budget-minded.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Cheap But Not Recommended"
Hotel is on a busy street and not quiet nor view of beach. Staff were not there when we arrived at 3 AM and we had to wait outside and bang on the gate with no way to contact inside until someone let us in. Facilities were rather run down but during the day staff were pleasant, there is a pool, it is within walking distance to the beach.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"We were charged more than we were quoted."
The room was filthy, hot, and the TV was junk. The elevator is broken.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Mardi
"Roof over your head. Bed to sleep on."
This hotel offers the bare minimum. It is not gross but far from nice! Just fine for the guys needing a spot to crash after partying however my wife was quite disgusted.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Very nice staff, but..."
the rooms and hotel are in desperate need of renovation. The furniture was rundown and the lamp was broken. There was a sign on the office window excusing the condition of the hotel due to renovations, however it looked like an old sign. I hate to put the place down, because as I said the staff was friendly and the manager even walked me to my door when someone followed me in the locked outer door around 10 pm and I felt uneasy. I hope they are able to renovate in the near future.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Cancelled Reservation after a couple hours"
This is by far one of the worst hotels we have seen. Aside from being in a very questionable area with shady characters, there is no onsite parking. We had to pay $20 for a parking permit in a lot that was 3 blocks away. No phone or alarm clock in the room. The hotel and everything inside was ancient and in no way sanitary. Hotels.com was extremely helpful in canceling the reservation after check in but this hotel should not be on this site.
4 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Anthony
"Everything we needed was in walking distance."
Convenient and comfortable for what we needed. Affordable for sleeping & taking a shower. Did not need a car, everything was in walking distance.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Mo
"THE MOST MISREPRESENTED PLACE SEE"
I WILL NEVER TALK BAD ABOUT PEOPLE OR THINGS. BUT IT WILL BE A CRIME IF I DIDNT TELL YOU TO NEVER THINK OF GOING TO THIS PLAZA. IT STINKS AS YOU ENTER THE ELEVATORS, THE ROOMS ARE TERRIBLE AND YOU DEFINITLEY THINK YOU WILL BE WALKING OUT WITH BED BUGGS IF YOU PUT YOUR LUGGAGE DOWN. I HAD TO HAND BACK MY KEYS AND SEARCH FOR ANOTHER HOTEL. AT 11.30 PM AT NIGHT. THE PERSON AT THE DESK TOLD HOTEL .COM THAT THEY WILL BE CHARGING ME FOR ALL THE 4 NIGHTS THAT I HAD BOOKED THE ROOM FOR. THEY CHARGE ME FOR ONE NIGHT THANKS TO HOTEL.COM, WHO IN RETURN REFUNDED ME 100%.
4 night family trip May 27, 2014
JOHAN
"Parking was the only thing that was negative"
I thought the hotel was great. Room was clean. It had everything that we asked for. We didn't really walk around Waikiki so not sure what kind of stores were close by or beaches. We had to cut our stay there short because of the parking. We paid for 24hr. parking not knowing that there were no in and out privileges so unfortunately for us we lost our stall and waisted our money. There were parking passes available but it was limited and it's a first come first serve basis. So if you are planning to stay here then ask, first, about their parking passes or else you would be going crazy looking for parking.
3 night romance trip May 24, 2014