All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2131 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.4
"No fully equipped kitchennette"
Room is bedroom with microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator and table. At the back is a small closet, with plates, cutlery, pots etc. There is no sink (other than bathroom sink), no 2 burner stovetop, no kettle, and no kitchen surfaces in the room. We stayed at the hotel twice, and the beginning and end of our stay, and both rooms were similarly equipped. If you are just looking for a cheap room in Waikiki, it is fine, but don't except too much of a kitchen! You can walk from the hotel to the beach quite easily, and the staff are friendly, and there is also a small pool area. The rooms are quite old, and relatively clean, but do have quite a strong smell of air freshener when you walk in. As the windows are old, and the hotel is next to a busy road, it can be a bit noisy at night time.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
s
"Friendly place"
This hotel is easy to find, not far from the beach and shopping. The hotel staff are super nice, friendly and helpful. Its on busy street so expect a little noise from the traffic below. I really like the hotel had fridge and small kitchen. Also this hotel needs serious updates (elevator, carpet-title would be better and bathroom, paint). The beds were really comfortable and pillows as well.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
vendy
"Not as bad as I thought it would be"
We were just looking for somewhere to lay our heads because we intended to be out at the beach and local events most of the day and didn't see a reason to spend close to $200 a night for a place we were rarely going to be in. A lot of the negative reviews that I read about this place seem rather ridiculous to me at this point. It definitely is an older building, but I don't see how that could be a problem, I appreciate the vintage look. Our room was very clean. The price was pretty awesome for what we got AND for the location. The room came with a stove, microwave, fridge and everything else we needed to cook. The shower was cute. I was really impressed with this place and would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Location but not much else"
Good location...walkable to many shops and restaurants, etc. Hotel is old and could use a facelift. Okay for an overnight. Lose the carpet deodorizer.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Nasty Nasty Nasty"
NASTY. Dead roaches in room bed hard as rocks .... Could not watch tv and have air conditioner on the sane time or it would through the breaker no phone in room kitchen very old and run down .... Sleep on the stret its nicer
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Duane
"Old old awful hotel"
This hotel existed before waikiki even existed. hidden charges. awful, old and horrible. Do NOT STAY there
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
ek
"cheap place to stay"
Not at all the comforts of home. Just cheap.
7 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Julia
Great location.....problems with parking.....had room change at end of week...due to water leak....friendly staff...rooms need updating....
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Hotel is old - well located."
The hotel is old and a bit rundown. Room was clean. We reserved a Kind and had two twins. On day 2 they pushed the twins together to give us our King. Staff was friendly. Parking is a nightmare. $20 a day to park in a garage a few blocks away. The location is great! I would stay here again for location but my wife disagrees with me.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Good prices!"
I really like how affordablle it is.. But its kinda outdated.! Needs to remodel some things. But ovetall i ike staying there
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
TS_AsianDolly
"hotel was great location"
i enjoyed my stay, the staff was friendly, professional and courteous. i will definitely stay again and would recommend to all my friends and family visiting the island.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Green
They were all nice but I am pretty sure someone took my stuff because there is no way I left them there when I checked out.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Old hotel"
The hotel is surrounded by shops and bars. There is no parking at the hotel. The rooms are old, I had a key to enter. Internet was not free. The elevator was old like everything else.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Not good"
This was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Ever! The door knob came off in my hand. I was told I had a room with a king sized bed....instead I got two twins. No phone in the room. No place to get ice or a soft drink. Did see a pay phone on the 3rd floor however. Very old room. Had to park a block away. They were kind enough to waive the $20 parking fee since there was a "mix up" on the bed issue. Was glad to leave the next morning. You asked for my review ...good or bad. It was bad.
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2014
Elaine
"It's an affordable hotel.."
What more can I say but, you get what u paid for!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
TS_AsianDolly
"Excellent localization"
Old installations but the localization compensates...
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
IgorBC
"Not bad for the price"
It was like stepping back in time but I like the 70's so it was just fine. Short walk to the beach, fantastic reataurants and bars. Parking was reasonable
2 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Bobby
"Are you kidding me."
No parking on site. When you walk into the dingy entrance you can smell the foul odors of cigarettes & age of the area. If you are over 6' tall this is not for you. The beds are small as well as the bathroom. The shower is not clean and the window shades need to be changed. I would never stay here again. I travel a lot and this is the bottom of the barrel hotel to me.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Shawn
"The hotel is very old and needs renovation."
The hotel is very old and needs renovation.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Prapan
"Nice location and friendly staff. Room was large!"
Very nice and very near the beach and the best of Waikiki. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Had kitchen tools and things that let you cook and had a good fridge. Great for the budget-minded.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Cheap But Not Recommended"
Hotel is on a busy street and not quiet nor view of beach. Staff were not there when we arrived at 3 AM and we had to wait outside and bang on the gate with no way to contact inside until someone let us in. Facilities were rather run down but during the day staff were pleasant, there is a pool, it is within walking distance to the beach.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"We were charged more than we were quoted."
The room was filthy, hot, and the TV was junk. The elevator is broken.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Mardi
"Roof over your head. Bed to sleep on."
This hotel offers the bare minimum. It is not gross but far from nice! Just fine for the guys needing a spot to crash after partying however my wife was quite disgusted.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Very nice staff, but..."
the rooms and hotel are in desperate need of renovation. The furniture was rundown and the lamp was broken. There was a sign on the office window excusing the condition of the hotel due to renovations, however it looked like an old sign. I hate to put the place down, because as I said the staff was friendly and the manager even walked me to my door when someone followed me in the locked outer door around 10 pm and I felt uneasy. I hope they are able to renovate in the near future.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Cancelled Reservation after a couple hours"
This is by far one of the worst hotels we have seen. Aside from being in a very questionable area with shady characters, there is no onsite parking. We had to pay $20 for a parking permit in a lot that was 3 blocks away. No phone or alarm clock in the room. The hotel and everything inside was ancient and in no way sanitary. Hotels.com was extremely helpful in canceling the reservation after check in but this hotel should not be on this site.
4 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Anthony
"Everything we needed was in walking distance."
Convenient and comfortable for what we needed. Affordable for sleeping & taking a shower. Did not need a car, everything was in walking distance.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Mo
"THE MOST MISREPRESENTED PLACE SEE"
I WILL NEVER TALK BAD ABOUT PEOPLE OR THINGS. BUT IT WILL BE A CRIME IF I DIDNT TELL YOU TO NEVER THINK OF GOING TO THIS PLAZA. IT STINKS AS YOU ENTER THE ELEVATORS, THE ROOMS ARE TERRIBLE AND YOU DEFINITLEY THINK YOU WILL BE WALKING OUT WITH BED BUGGS IF YOU PUT YOUR LUGGAGE DOWN. I HAD TO HAND BACK MY KEYS AND SEARCH FOR ANOTHER HOTEL. AT 11.30 PM AT NIGHT. THE PERSON AT THE DESK TOLD HOTEL .COM THAT THEY WILL BE CHARGING ME FOR ALL THE 4 NIGHTS THAT I HAD BOOKED THE ROOM FOR. THEY CHARGE ME FOR ONE NIGHT THANKS TO HOTEL.COM, WHO IN RETURN REFUNDED ME 100%.
4 night family trip May 27, 2014
JOHAN
"Parking was the only thing that was negative"
I thought the hotel was great. Room was clean. It had everything that we asked for. We didn't really walk around Waikiki so not sure what kind of stores were close by or beaches. We had to cut our stay there short because of the parking. We paid for 24hr. parking not knowing that there were no in and out privileges so unfortunately for us we lost our stall and waisted our money. There were parking passes available but it was limited and it's a first come first serve basis. So if you are planning to stay here then ask, first, about their parking passes or else you would be going crazy looking for parking.
3 night romance trip May 24, 2014
Ruby
The hotel was okay. Near the beach and shopping center.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
.surrounding neighborhood, walking distances to affordable cuisine, parking ,shopping,staff very accommodating,friendly,pet friendly policiy made my pets and I enjoy the lure of Waikiki.I surely am enjoying my stay
7 night trip May 7, 2014
"Waianae Wahine in Town for 3 Days"
Talk about shabby chic. Good place for locals to relax after a long day. Although old, everything was clean and comfy. The only thing, the slider going to the lanai locked behind me due to the OLD latch, I recommend replacing them. Hotel staff had to come up and let me back in. I almost missed my 9am meeting down the road. I will be back again, Mahalo, a hui ho. Marjie
Other trip May 5, 2014
Makoli
"Clean but needs updating"
I just needed a place to stay while I was judging at a High School competition in Waikiki. the room was clean but needs updating. I would only stay there if I went back alone.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"stayed more than once"
i was able to find free parking in a short walk from the hotel. that saves you about twenty dollars a day. as honolulu and waikiki has become more and more expensive to visit, i will go to outer islands for a less crowded vacation over the coming years, as i travel to the islands at least twice a year. the polynesian plaza is a nice spot for the money.
1 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2014
tigerjake
"Very small and smells bad"
I had to leave and get another room at a different hotel.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"checked in checked right back out"
First there was no parking we walked in to the pool/check in desk looked bad but still hoped rooms would be ok but no! scratches on walls and counters ,,dirty ripped carpet and a horrible smell. by the pool my kids were asked to put there shoes on because of the broken glass:(
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Cameron
"Honoluliu"
Very old dingy.. wouldn't stay again. close to beach. Reviews were deceptive.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
experienced tra
"Hotel evaluation"
It was extremely hard to find the place to begin with... this could be fixed by a larger sign and instructions in the advertisement. Room was clean, but the king size bed had the mattresses reversed ( twin mattresses should be on the bottom and the large king on the top... I could only use one side of the bed. The slat curtains did not work well and there was a light on outside that was left on all night ...thus a beam of light was coming in to my room constantly. Again, the people were really friendly and I felt safe...
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Cheap hotel in an excellent location."
My teen-aged son and I arrived late (midnight PDT) so I booked a hotel in Honolulu for our first night before heading out for a week in Kailua. As reviews I had read stated, the hotel entrance was indeed not easy to find although my GPS lead us straight to the front door. Unfortunately, unloading our bags was difficult since there was no street parking in front.. In fact, I got a $35 parking ticket despite the desk clerk's insistence that I would not get one. Moving along, the hotel is old but very cool since the entrance is on a busy main street with a long narrow corridor leading to an enclosed courtyard and pool with lush jungle vegetation. Rooms are large, a little threadbare but with a fridge and a nice bathroom with fresh towels and amenities. A big surprise in the morning was discovering the excellent location, close to breakfast cafes and only a 5 minute walk to the beach. At $79, the price was unbeatable and a fraction of the larger fancier hotels close by. I would stay again in the same situation.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Ronnie
"great location"
I like it here my kids enjoy this hotel nice and friendly staff
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2014
chelsea
"Badly in need of reno"
The staff was nice and the room was clean but really old and rundown. The bathroom sink was continually backing up. The elevator was ancient. There was some renovating going on, but as far as we could tell there hasn't been any renovations on the upper floors. The location is good. The hotel needs a complete and total reno, if not it's probably time to close it down.
7 night family trip Mar 31, 2014
Deborah
"I heart of Waikiki and cheap"
Hard to find. Took 3 trips around the block to find the entrance. Very old hotel I need of upgrades. Convenient to shopping and beach. No parking. Beds hard and pillows flat.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
laura
"Affordable rate opposed to big expensive hotels"
It was a good stay, friendly staff. Great location close to beach, stores, restaurants.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Gwen
Definition if this hotel should be Ghetto. The location is excellent, but this hotel need an upgrade in every way. The elevator is a scary experience and the bathroom is just discusting.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
"Old but clean."
Hotel is older, but clean. Retro and funky in a way. Staff is friendly. Overall positive experience.
6 night trip Feb 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to beach"
Nice older hotel near beach and downtown Waikiki. The place shows it's wear but still has character. I undrstand they are going to do a remodel. I hope they maintain that old world feel. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Run down old place."
This place looks pretty run down. I would suggest looking for another place even if you have to pay a little more. I was handed a metal key (no key card here) and a second metal key I was told was for the security gate and elevator. Then I was warned that I would be charged $60.00 if I lost the keys. The view also was not good. The pool area reminded me of some dingy motel. I was also made to wait a half hour in the lobby when they told me they never received my reservation. As I was waiting, I heard the guy telling another customer who booked on another online service that he also never received their reservation. Luckily Expedia was able to Fax them my reservation and luckily they still had a room open when I showed up.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
1)Shower really small 2)suppose to be a block and a half from Waikii beach was almost a half a mile. 3) Sister left a message at front desk--we NEVER received it.( no phone in room) 4) overnight parking was a block and a half away--not at the hotel 5) If we wanted sheets changed we ended up taking them off ourselves so they would have to put on new ones . 6) only 1 icemaker in entire hotel (on 2nd floor) I am pretty easy going but would NOT stay there again
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
Gregory
"run down"
The hotel is old and a bit run down. Lots of traffic noise. Very basic rooms, no coffee in them and they advertised kitchenette but was only microwave and small fridge. The bed was very comfortable. The location is right in the middle of high end shopping area, so it was very pricey to buy anything. We ended up moving to another hotel in east waikiki, for a few dollars more got a better hotel in a better location.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2014
ismo
"Great Hotel right on the strip"
Had a great time right on the strip close to everything
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
"ok for budget"
quaint place for being in center of it all. can be noisy if facing street. great place for the price. large rooms w/ kitchen.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014