All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2131 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad internet service
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
"simple and clean"
The building itself isn't great. Shower dripped, wood was worn, just kinda old. However, it was clean and the furnishings were nice, and it was in a great location. Hotel staff were nice and helpful. For the price, I'd stay here again. It isn't a fancy or nice place, it just does the job of being a clean place to sleep and cook (which saved us money instead of eating out).
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
anne
"Hotel need renovation"
Quiet happy, good service
5 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Truong
"Will NOT return!"
Staff friendly. Rooms clean, but very old and in need of paint and updating. Bed Clean and comfortable, pillows need replacing, furniture new...from there it is downhill. AC worked poorly, window coverings inadequate to shield against the sun's rays. Balcony door had large gap, did not close completely allowing heat and noise into room. Electrical outlets few and in inconvenient areas; shower was as clean as a VERY OLD shower stall could be, however door creaked badly and often refused to close or stay closed. Kitchenette is basically a microwave, sink, and two electrical hot plates. Only used the glasses and fridge so I'm not sure about the hot plates or other utensils. No glasses or cups in bathroom...smallest bottles of shampoo and lotion I have EVER seen. However, I did see workers painting and shampooing the very old carpeting...so staff is attempting to improve..THIS HOTEL WOULD BE GREAT FOR A FAMILY SPENDING LITTLE TIME IN THE ROOM AND UTILIZING THE KITCHENETTE. Pool and area was clean and in good shape, but surrounding restaurants and homes able to view pool area and cooking smells a constant. PARKING AT $20/day was a nightmare!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Windy
"I like older low rise hotels"
Probably the best hotel deal on Oahu if you are the kind of person who likes to go out and do things when they are awake (to the point of being actually tired when you get back to your room) and doesn't mind a bit of road noise you get from a low rise. The rooms are older but comfortable and no one working there seems to be worried like the people working in the big corporate places. That's pretty cool!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"A really terrific trip."
The hotel was great, but the staff was even better. I was met by a younger phillipino man that was a super host. He did everything to make my stay pleasant.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Bad bad"
Sooo bad
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Jorge
"Family Man, great value, comfortable stay!"
The Polynesian Plaza was a great deal for my wife and I. The room is a little vintage, but the balcony views are nice and the hotel staff is very friendly. This hotel is in the perfect location, as it is a few feet away from anything that you need access to. The rooms were clean and it looks as if the hotel is dedicated to upgrading small details for a more comfortable stay. The price is very good, compared to surrounding hotels in the area.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
william
"Terrible accommodations; fairly close to beach"
This place is a dump but it is going through slow reconstruction. Debris and old mattresses were piled on the sundeck; carpets old and worn; paint old, marked, and holes gouged in walls; faucets dripped constantly but not a hight priority to mgmt; shower is stepdown without a step or handicapped handrails (in fact, their are no handicap conveniences), the tile is old and cracked, the faucet leaked and there was slippery slime on the bottom of the shower, the crude hair traps on top were gross and full of hair; the safes did not work. The only saving grace is that it is close to the beach (2 blocks but so is everything else). I had to stay longer but the place was booked. Thanbk goodness because I rented a newer, very clean, much larger unit righrt on the beach in a better part of town for less money.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"weekend getaway"
Bathroom sink had no cold water. Kitchen sink leaked. AC was not cold.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Great stay / great price"
Hotel staff was awesome! Great downtown location. Room with kitchenette fit my style perfectly. Hotel is older and in need of some updating - but all in all it was great for me. I will return and use them again.
8 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Troy
"Average, convenient location hotel"
For this rate, it is an average!
4 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Terushi
"Just a place to slep"
Needs renovation really, Really, REALLY bad! What else do you want me to say?
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
hitched & retir
"NASTY HOTE;"
THAT IS THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED IN MY LIFE. THE PIC'S U SEE ON THE INTERNET IS NOT WHAT THE PLACE LOOK LIKE. THE CARPET IS 50 YEARS OLD. THE EVELAVATOR IS EVEN OLDER. THEY SHOULD NOT BE ON EXPEDIA AT ALL. THE BATH ROOM WAS DIRTY. THE TOWLS THEY GAVE ME WAS DIRTY..
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
TONY
Very good vacation, hotel location in middle of everything that you on a vacation.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
ROBERT
"Great for a staycation"
My husband and I stayed on the 14th of February 2015 for our anniversary. The room was clean had everything you need to spend some time alone and get away from the outside pressures and have fun at the same time was provided. The price was good and to make the stay even better the room we were going to have was not available so they gave us two rooms with kitchenettes. My teenage son stayed in the other and played his video games and left us alone talk about nice. Instead of just saying sorry they fixed the problem before I arrived.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
BABE
"Week in Waikiki"
The hotel was simple but clean with good bathroom and hot water, I especially enjoyed that it was close to all the fun in Waikiki.
"Charming - Old Hawaii"
Was a great location. Hotel had the old Hawaiian feel and style, yes things were dated but clean, comfortable and the staff was very helpful.
IT WAS TRASHY POOL NOT WORKING STAFF NOT FRIENDLY
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
TOM
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
We stayed there for 5 nights, the room is a 2 stars but the location is very convenient so it's ok paying for it specially if you don't want to spend to much because you can cook breakfast there and save the money... It's very quite zone and its on one of the main streets there next to Waikiki. Even though it does not have parking it self they provide it but it's kind of expensive 20 bucks extra per night...
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Aguilar's
"Big room! Great location, but noisy."
Hotel in the middle of renovation, and there is construction on the surrounding buildings which start at 7am! Our room fronted the busy road - sound came through the single pane glass doors as if the doors were open. Sliding blinds need replacing - so didn't block out the morning light. Room was fine - not fancy - but the kitchenette was good, and beds very comfy (more comfy than the Hilton where I am now staying). And is has coin washers and dryers on every floor (Hilton doesn't have anything). If the soundproofing is done, I would give this place 5 stars if for no other reason than it has everything your need, nothing you don't, and the location is fantastic.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
robyn
"It was ok"
It was ok...however , they seemed to be moving and replacing furniture in the rooms and lots of furniture out in hallways. Kind if a older place that could use remodeling. It smelt funny. Like my grandma.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
jason
"needs renovation"
If renovation takes place, it will be my first pick for any stay in Hawaii.
4 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Edward
"Great location!"
Hotel is not fancy - there are no amenities. There is no lobby and there is one small elevator servicing all floors. Room had a balcony and kitchenette. Sink in kitchenette had a steady drip and the remote for the inwall air conditioner did not work (and staff had known of these conditions). However the a/c could be manually operated. Hotel was in process of swapping new furniture for old furniture in rooms. My room had a mixture of new and old furniture. Cleanliness of room was subpar. Despite these conditions, overall my stay was comfortable. If you just need a place to sleep, for the price this hotel is worth it. Room was in the back of the hotel, facing the swimming pool. Room was very quiet.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Terrible hotel, Great location."
Arrived at the hotel late because I had spent over 30 mins trying to find it. The hotel entrance is hidden between two stores. Anyway, I finally got to the hotel and checked in, the staff were very nice. When I got my key I had to take my car to a different location. When I had parked my car and walk for approx. five mins with my bags I got back to the hotel. I went to the floor my room was on and when I stepped out of the elevator I was greeted with piles of furniture and mattresses in the common area and the corridors. I finally got to my room and went in, the room was a huge disappointment. Obviously it was an old hotel in need of a total overall. I tried to get online via my laptop but there wasn't any service so I went to the front desk to ask and was told that internet wasn't provided though it was advertised that internet was available. I went out for something to eat and was surprised at the hotels location. It was downtown, close to the beach (one good point) When I got back to the hotel it was close to midnight so I decided to get some sleep so got ready for bed and when I pulled back the sheets on the bed there was a huge stain. I decided to mention it to the manager the next morning because it was late, I was tired and the manager wouldn't be in to the next morning. The next morning I found there was construction going on next door to the hotel. The manager offered me another room but the hotel didn't provide what it had advertised. Hotel is not recommended.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Bryan
It was ok, but just seemed a little bit run down (the shower was kind of scary)
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"I will come back again"
I arrived to the terrible building site noise next door. I told the agent I could not tolerate that. He was so nice to have me taken to the White Sands Hotel. The first room there was terrible....but they moved me to a nicer one. I am not sure if I would stay there again. I like the Polynesian Plaza's location, so I will probably stay there again after the building next door is finished.
4 night trip Dec 20, 2014
There was construction going on, and I wasn't notified by Expedia.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Easy access to Waikiki. Very nice studio apartment"
Great one night stay here at this hotel. Easy access to Waikiki. It was nice to have a little kitchenette in the room so we could store food and such. Overall not bad. The rooms do not have a phone though to call down to front desk if you had a question or if someone needed to call your room. Other than that it is not bad for the price if your staying here short term.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Cheap, clean no-frills in a good location"
I liked the place, Its a throwback to a simpler Waikiki. Cheap, clean with nice people
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"No fully equipped kitchennette"
Room is bedroom with microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator and table. At the back is a small closet, with plates, cutlery, pots etc. There is no sink (other than bathroom sink), no 2 burner stovetop, no kettle, and no kitchen surfaces in the room. We stayed at the hotel twice, and the beginning and end of our stay, and both rooms were similarly equipped. If you are just looking for a cheap room in Waikiki, it is fine, but don't except too much of a kitchen! You can walk from the hotel to the beach quite easily, and the staff are friendly, and there is also a small pool area. The rooms are quite old, and relatively clean, but do have quite a strong smell of air freshener when you walk in. As the windows are old, and the hotel is next to a busy road, it can be a bit noisy at night time.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
s
"Friendly place"
This hotel is easy to find, not far from the beach and shopping. The hotel staff are super nice, friendly and helpful. Its on busy street so expect a little noise from the traffic below. I really like the hotel had fridge and small kitchen. Also this hotel needs serious updates (elevator, carpet-title would be better and bathroom, paint). The beds were really comfortable and pillows as well.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
vendy
"Not as bad as I thought it would be"
We were just looking for somewhere to lay our heads because we intended to be out at the beach and local events most of the day and didn't see a reason to spend close to $200 a night for a place we were rarely going to be in. A lot of the negative reviews that I read about this place seem rather ridiculous to me at this point. It definitely is an older building, but I don't see how that could be a problem, I appreciate the vintage look. Our room was very clean. The price was pretty awesome for what we got AND for the location. The room came with a stove, microwave, fridge and everything else we needed to cook. The shower was cute. I was really impressed with this place and would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Location but not much else"
Good location...walkable to many shops and restaurants, etc. Hotel is old and could use a facelift. Okay for an overnight. Lose the carpet deodorizer.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Nasty Nasty Nasty"
NASTY. Dead roaches in room bed hard as rocks .... Could not watch tv and have air conditioner on the sane time or it would through the breaker no phone in room kitchen very old and run down .... Sleep on the stret its nicer
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Duane
"Old old awful hotel"
This hotel existed before waikiki even existed. hidden charges. awful, old and horrible. Do NOT STAY there
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
ek
"DO NOT STAY THERE,!!!!!!!"
This hotel existed before waikiki was built. It is dirty, extremely old, ugly and awful. My husband and i stayed there 5 nights because we had already payed for it and we were on a tight budget but we had prefered to spend more money but staying on a decent place. The elevator is old and dangerous; the carpet is dirty and old; the bed was not king it was 2twin beds put together; the A/C was old, made terrible noises and it did not cold down the room. The bathroom was petite, old, ugly and dirty. The clóset was inside the bathroom!!! There was not a telephone at the room only a public pay phone at the 3 floor. There are more than 100 reasons not to stay there and 1000 alternative options of a lot better hotels. And finally, they do not return the security deposit!!!!! i really advised not to stay there. A hotel like that one should not even be remodelated but destroyed.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
ek
"cheap place to stay"
Not at all the comforts of home. Just cheap.
7 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Julia
Great location.....problems with parking.....had room change at end of week...due to water leak....friendly staff...rooms need updating....
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Hotel is old - well located."
The hotel is old and a bit rundown. Room was clean. We reserved a Kind and had two twins. On day 2 they pushed the twins together to give us our King. Staff was friendly. Parking is a nightmare. $20 a day to park in a garage a few blocks away. The location is great! I would stay here again for location but my wife disagrees with me.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Good prices!"
I really like how affordablle it is.. But its kinda outdated.! Needs to remodel some things. But ovetall i ike staying there
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
TS_AsianDolly
"hotel was great location"
i enjoyed my stay, the staff was friendly, professional and courteous. i will definitely stay again and would recommend to all my friends and family visiting the island.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Green
They were all nice but I am pretty sure someone took my stuff because there is no way I left them there when I checked out.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Old hotel"
The hotel is surrounded by shops and bars. There is no parking at the hotel. The rooms are old, I had a key to enter. Internet was not free. The elevator was old like everything else.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Not good"
This was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Ever! The door knob came off in my hand. I was told I had a room with a king sized bed....instead I got two twins. No phone in the room. No place to get ice or a soft drink. Did see a pay phone on the 3rd floor however. Very old room. Had to park a block away. They were kind enough to waive the $20 parking fee since there was a "mix up" on the bed issue. Was glad to leave the next morning. You asked for my review ...good or bad. It was bad.
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2014
Elaine
"It's an affordable hotel.."
What more can I say but, you get what u paid for!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
TS_AsianDolly
"Excellent localization"
Old installations but the localization compensates...
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
IgorBC
"Not bad for the price"
It was like stepping back in time but I like the 70's so it was just fine. Short walk to the beach, fantastic reataurants and bars. Parking was reasonable
2 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Bobby
"Are you kidding me."
No parking on site. When you walk into the dingy entrance you can smell the foul odors of cigarettes & age of the area. If you are over 6' tall this is not for you. The beds are small as well as the bathroom. The shower is not clean and the window shades need to be changed. I would never stay here again. I travel a lot and this is the bottom of the barrel hotel to me.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Shawn
"The hotel is very old and needs renovation."
The hotel is very old and needs renovation.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014