All hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Al-Ras Deira, Next to Al Hamadiya School, Dubai, 46500, United Arab Emirates, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Authentic, old part of Diera and Dubai."
I'm the older part of Dubai, right off the Al Ras metro station, 200 mts max, it's hidden amongst vendors selling mostly bulk grains and spices. The buildings (there are at least 2) are a maze to find. Once I made my way to the main building (I was in a building around a small alley) the reception was warm and welcoming. This was to be a constant as the service and staff were all exemplary. My room (305) was up a flight of stairs after walking through a private gate and courtyard. Coolest lock ever on my door. The room was basic but equipped with kettle, mini bar, king bed, good clean linens, and had an authentic decor to the spacious room. Very nice. The shower was hot, the AC cold and the overall room experience was comfortable. The net was an issue. I'm here for business, so that was an issue both in this out building and in the main building. If wifi wasn't so important to you, everything else is more than acceptable. The wifi was free. Breakfast was perfect, hot and freshly prepared fare, mixed with pastries and fresh fruits. Once more, the staff was the highlight of the couple days spent there. I will be back. Utilize this place as a quick off and on to the metro. Not too far from everywhere. Not much around for eats or even groceries near the hotel that I could find, so be creative as you plan your stay. Good luck and thank you for the enjoyable stay.
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"I Loved this Hotel."
we stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I LOVED IT. this is not a fancy hotel. this hotel is like a house that the kings would live in. very cozy, and quite. the rooms are large and the bed is very comfortable.the wi-fi was strong. the price was great. our cab driver couldn't find it. but we got there.The staff there is the best, you could not ask for anything else. they went out of there way to make use feel like family. The neighborhood was in the middle of the spice and Gold market. the streets were little tight( narrow ) you would see business people working, but know one would brother you. the neighborhood is and was safe. I loved this hotel. if you want some thing differant. This is it.
4 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
Mervin
"Arab hospitality"
The airport shuttle service does not mean that. It must be arranged 72 hours prior. This information needs to be on the website! The gentleman at the desk did everything possible to make up for the shuttle misinformation, including preparing breakfast for us 1 1/2 hours early! So, great service. Very intriguing architecture and ambience. We would go back.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
Walter
"One Night Stay"
I stopped over for a 20 hour stay on the way back from India, it was just what I wanted. Staff very nice and accommodating. Hotel clean and quiet. They served me breakfast even though I left before their serving time, helped me figure currency conversion and guided me to the area I wanted to visit. The restaurant next door served good food attractively presented. I would stay again there.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"a great change of pace"
Ideal location for visiting the souks and the historic part of Dubai. Metro station is 200 yards from the hotel-the easiest and quickest way to get around Dubai. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are large, quiet, clean, comfortable and atmospheric. This was our third time staying there.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Ray
"Very Unique Building -- Impossible to Find"
Really unique place with wonderful staff. Loved the room. But the hotel MUST give explicit directions. Taxi drivers have no idea. It is NOT on the road indicated. It is in alleyway and the signage is obscure. The office is in a separate building and late at night no clue how to get there. So, get EXPLICIT step by step directions. Not, it's near the Metro, or a school. Other than that, special place.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Two Minute Walk To Subway"
I appreciate that this hotel is only a two minute walk to the world's most amazing subway. Do not be afraid to use the subway because the Dubai subway is simple. Only two lines. Hotel staff: JC, Umar, JC, and Irfan provided very friendly service. This hotel is historical, yet modern. The hotel was formerly the home of a former Dubai King. They call this hotel a guest house. I disagree, it's a boutique hotel.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2014
"Wonderful guest house"
I truly enjoyed my time at Ahmedia Guest House. I was there for about six nights in early November and I was so impressed with the beauty of the place and the graciousness of the staff. It is an old building that has been carefully restored. The wood doors, ceilings and furniture are lovely. The place is much prettier, even, then one can see in the photos. Must see it in person. They staff were so nice and very quick to assist me with any request. I highly recommend this place. The location is also terrific. The metro stop (Al Ras) is just about a block away (much closer then many hotels to metro stops in other parts of Dubai). The neighborhood in Deira is really great - feels very safe and lively. Not nearly as touristy as other parts of the city. Feels like a family neighborhood. I will definitely stay at Ahmedia Guest House next time I travel to the UAE. Can't wait!
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Fine"
It is a great hotel except the neighborhood looks scary a little bet at night and the parking is only for two cars. If you are coming by the metro then it is great for you
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Hamad
"Charming, big rooms, no business travelers"
I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It is quiet and is tucked away in a slightly less-populated part of Deira. On vacation, this is a great hotel. For a business traveler, probably not.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Jackie
"Huge rooms, Great location next to metro and bus"
Everything was outstanding, the staff was the best! These guys work long shifts. I would go to sleep and see the same people in the morning. Location was perfect! They offered me free airport pickup which was not listed on hotels.com My only complaint was the Ac was a little weak however my room had 2 and 1 was broken. It was Hoooot outside so I left my ac on all day to make sure the room was cool when I returned. This place had the nicest hotel staff I have ever come across. They even surprised me with a birthday cake, I didnt even mention that it was my birthday. Very nice way to start my day. Highly recommend the Ahmedia Hotel - Guesthouse
4 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
Anthony
"Nice historic hotel and good location"
This place had amazing historic charm. Good service. Very close to metro and gold souk and spice souk. Good breakfast for a good price. Ride was complimentary from the airport, but was told to take a cab back to airport. Great value overall. I'd highly recommend them.
3 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
"Attendant was great."
Would love to stay longer.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Terry
The Hotel looks very old but it is ok the staff are best they are helpful special Mr Bilal and one Felipin guy they are very very helpful for any questions.the owner of this hotel should be proud for this two staff. I personally thanks this two guys for good behavior.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"If you're in a budget and have plenty of time."
The hotel is charming cute and has personality. But it's location make things quite complicated if you're a business traveller (that was my case). Their service is 50/50. The Filipino guy with short hair is a great guy, always trying to solve your needs and very alert. The night guy is kinda of reckless. There was another Filipino that just started when I stayed there, that is just new to the business so you can be reasonable and don't have expectations about his responses to your needs as a guest. It is a deal compared to other Dubai lodging, but in a town where everything is designed to stun you it just goes a little bit bellow of average.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
Marcos Tavolaro
"What a gem!"
Ahmedia Heritage Guest House is a gem in the middle of Dubai. It is located in the historic section which means it is very close to the gold, spice and other souks. A very good restaurant is just around the corner. It is a couple of blocks from one of the stops of the Big Bus which is a Hop on and Hop off - the best way to see the rest of the city. The rooms are spacious and the attention we received from the staff was excellent. They serve a very good breakfast plus they were willing to cook the breakfast at 5:30 am so we could leave at 6:00 am for our plane. It is also convienent to the airport about a 15 minute. As you can tell we enjoyed our stay.
4 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Weist
"In old section of Dubai"
Charming small hotel with the feel of being in old Dubai.
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
"Beautiful Arabic Guest House"
After arriving at midnight to the airport, I was greeted by their friendly driver who kindly showed me a bit of the historical city on our drive to the guest house. This was my first time in Dubai, and although for only an overnight stay while in transit, it was wonderful to experience the local kindness, sleep in an extremely comfortable bed, be close to the mosques during an early morning walk, and to have a delicious breakfast. There's an art gallery on the first floor with local paintings for sale. Just outside of the entrance is the Heritage Museum with a school house. Across the creek are more museums and the Princess house. Although I didn't have time to visit more places, the fish market, gold and spice souks are nearby.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Over rated !"
Expectations were higher, I had so called suite, telephone not working, also some lamps did not work, watch you head, even you are less than 2 meters ! Stone workers starded at sunday morning 6.30am to renovate the building !
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Juspa
"Beautiful hotel at a solid price."
I was very happy with my stay. They offer complimentary airport pick up, which is nice considering how difficult finding the hotel could be. The architecture and decor makes for a great first impression. The locks on each room are very old pad locks. There can't be more than 10 rooms in the entire building. Service was impeccable. Breakfast was lacking in some meats but overall good. Location is right next to the metro. Would stay here again and recommend this hotel for anyone who doesn't need all of the extra amenities that one usually pays for but never uses, ie, pool, gym etc.
4 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
Thomas Price
"It was nice"
The location is fine but the surroundings were not that great. I liked the hotel it fits the elderely and the ones that are not very familiar with the Arabic culture. The decoration was pretty vintage. I disliked that there were no parking lot of the hotel! They can make a contract with any parking lot services and make a discount, i woke up everyday at 8am to pay for the parking.. The place isnt easy to find but it was nice.. The constructions work they did for the hotel were so noisy and woke me up
3 night romance trip Jan 10, 2014
Mohammed
within walking distance of the souk which was great. Many drivers couldn't find this hotel so make sure to tell them is next to the Ahmediya school and they will immediately know where.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2013
We stayed here because others we preferred were unavailable. We were offered a choice of two rooms, the one at the front being more private but too small for our taste. This is a heritage hotel, in the same complex as a museum, and very tranquil (although we did see a tourist guide right outside our room, showing the old hammam). The architecture and antique furnishings create a notable atmosphere, generally luxurious with some slight failings. There were not enough electric plugs for everything, and none in the bathroom. The TV has hundreds of channels in various languages (few in English, even fewer with good reception), and we saw no guide but just flipped through channels and noted details. The next and last time we tried, soon before leaving, both the TV and WiFi failed to work. The staff had a very helpful attitude, and resolved some other problems, e.g. furnishing an adaptor. Strangely, in place of the tourist brochures often found in hotels they had only two rather poor maps. Some prior study is almost essential. There are complimentary exercise facilities, but not nearby. The weakest point of the hotel was the breakfast. Last time in Dubai I stayed in a much cheaper hotel with a fantastic buffet. Here you usually must order what you want the night before! However, it was a relatively busy time, so we did have a buffet, with limited and not very healthy choices. For example, in two days I saw only one tub of yogurt that was low-fat, and a bias towards sugary items. One day the coffee (probably instant) was really weak. For tea there was a pitcher of hot water containing some tea bags, left to brew indefinitely. It is easy to get around from the hotel, by train, abra, or taxi. It is in an poorer area, safe at all hours and near parts of touristy interest. We walked around quite a bit on that side of the creek, and had trouble finding adequate places to eat. Last time I found some on the other side of the creek.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"The nice hotel builds in traditional Arabic style"
The hotel is situated very close to the Old Gold Souk and Deira Spice Souk. The entrance from the street is a small path between the oldest school ‘Al Ahmediya School” and Museum “Heritage House”. Nice area with a lot of small shops. Also close to the Metro station Al Ras Deira and Dubai Creek.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Nicoleta
"Good location and neat environment"
It was very a short stay but the rooms were neat and the location was very nice. Staff were also friendly and courteous.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Sodiq
"Not posh, but it has other positives."
The approach to the hotel is not good. The building is old and the furniture is antic. It is truly a heritage building. I have however no regrets about my stay. The room is kept clean and the staff go out of their way to please you.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Narayana
"Excellent Heritage Experience"
Different experience which I ever had in Dubai hotel. This hotel is giving you a heritage experience with the unique set up and furniture. Very peaceful and comfort stay. Really recommend to experience the heritage of Dubai.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Fen
"Experience the old Tradition Culture"
It was a nice experience that we found in this high-tech Dubai, I personally love it so much and it nice to found that they have a gallery as well, I enjoyed my breakfast in the open air (not really open they have glass roof) not forget to mention it’s a very quiet place, will definitely stay there again if come back to Dubai
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Natalia
"Authentic Unique Experience"
It was a great value for money and had great experience. Good location just a little difficulty to find but butler was quite good to guide the taxi driver. Comfortable spacious rooms with Arabian theme and feel like home very comfortable and no disturbance like other hotels. If you want to have authentic unique experience then this is the place.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Ahmed

"Comfort and heritage in Dubai"
We did a couple of nights stopover in Dubai to break a long journey and are so pleased that we chose this hotel in the Deira area.It is near the creek and has the interest of being next door to and a similar style of building to Al Ahmadiya School and Heritage House (both free museums) The souqs are all round, not just the touristy ones but the wholesale trading stores which supply the trading dhows docked nearby. It is a 2 minute walk to the metro which can take you in air conditioned comfort to the various Malls and beaches. Our room was air conditioned, the bed enormous, the bathroom adequate, bottled water and an interesting nourishing breakfast and airport pickup were complimentary. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Jean
"I would recommend this guest house :)"
When everything else has been replaced by modern development, this guest house is a gem. The house has been beautifully well preserved. Customer service was wonderful, Rey & Umar Bilal tried to accomodate all my requests/questions as best as they can. Location is fantastic: 200m from Al-Ras metro station, a short distance from the Spice Souk & Gold Souk. Breakfast was simple but ample. There is a mosque right next door, you'll hear the call for morning prayer everyday. I have no problems with that but for those who value their sleep, you might want to reconsider your choices. The taxi drivers might have a challange finding it in the first place. It would be helpful if you could seach the location in your phone's map app and show it to the driver prior leaving the arrival hall where there is free wifi connection available.
4 night trip May 12, 2015
Akmar
"In the old quarter"
We found this guest house charming, it is in the old quarter and although there were not that many restaurants close by, it didn't take that long to take the ferry trip across the water where there were plenty to choose from. We much preferred staying here than in a modern hotel where you could have been in any city.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Daffers
"Good stay"
During my stay the renovation was going on in the building but still staff was very helpful. and I really like the furniture in the room.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
"It is a Heritage Guest house not a Hotel"
it is a guest house not a hotel. I stay there for 3 nights, may be too much. if you rate in star level, it is only 1 star to 2 star. Toilet has problem, water do not go. Wifi is fine. Currently they are having installation , if you want to sleep late it is not possible. You have to go through a small road before to the room and it is smelly. since the location is just next by the gold market and trade market so you see many different people from everywhere of mid east but It is safe. Breakfast is ok they change everyday. This may be a good place to see the real living style instead of big mall and tall tower. room clean up do it only every 2 days. You need to ask before you get new towel. The room is old and simple. Toilet is worse (only shower and water came out when shower). The picture of the room from the web site is 100% different to my actually seeing Reception is the best they gives very clear information. Location is great 5min to gold market, metro station "Al Ras" . 30mins metro to airport or world trade center by metro. EAU 1 can take the small boat to cross the river from Gold market..
3 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
Johnny Tin Chi
"Bad experience"
Not good at all. I had to leave it for much better one.
5 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
"The sister hotel is much better"
The sister hotel to this is better in every way stay there instead
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
david
"Very busy location, near bus station"
One night only
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"Best of all our accommodation"
We loved the location of the Guest House, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in traditional style accommodation. A wonderful spot, and the best service. Friendly staff who look after your every need.
2 night trip Sep 9, 2014
vanLint
"Dubai short stay."
Staff are very friendly, very helpful. Rooms are large and was able to leave A/C on all day, which was great as we would escape the heat during the middle of the day into a cool room. Great location, close to metro, gold amd spice souks.
4 night family trip Sep 8, 2014
"Real heritage hotel"
Good
4 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Laishram
IN
"Great Atmosphere"
Very friendly hotel, close to the Gold Souk, and Spice Souk. Metro is 2 minute walk away. Service is fantastic. We were picked up from the airport at 7am and although we had to wait until mid day we were offered breakfast. would definitely return.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Wonderful service and wonderful guest house.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Old School charm"
I really like the look of this hotel. It's kind of kitchy, but it has some charm to it. The staff were really friendly, too. It's not without it's downsides, though. The bathroom started to flood every time the taps at the sink were being run and because of its location, taxi rides to the city centre were quite pricey. That being said, the area is quite characterful and there were some really nice wooden ships just around the corner.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Rob
"Good Location"
We arrived early and were given a large room with two queen beds, a good sized bathroom and the included breakfast was adequate (cereals, pastries, bread, limited hot food - baked beans eggs and sausages). Room had a small fridge with non-alcoholic bar and just adequate air-conditioning (it was 46C outside). Hotel is spread over three buildings and we had a short walk to reception. It is easy to find from railway station (<5min walk and very easy option from airport - train staff can give directions) - cross road and R at Standard Chartered Bank. Being close to station we got a day ticket on the metro (16 UAED) and took it along the foreshore and back to the museum and then the boat across the river (bargain at 1 UAED - under $A1). We were in Dubai at end of Ramadan and the three day EID festival meant almost nothing was open the two days we were there (except shopping malls). However we did find a really nice restaurant just around the corner from the hotel were you could get a meal for 2 for less than 100 UAED (one entree is enough for two).
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Jenkei
"Very easy hotel for travelling across dubai"
Very enjoyable stay the history of dubai is written in the architecture of this old style hotel it's like home from home
Malik ibn malik
"A stay to remember, a room like Scheherazade story"
Located in the heart of Dubai's oldest area, Al Ahmedia heritage guest house is a true gem, specially if you want to experience true Dubai. The guest house's location next to the Al Ahmedia School/museum and 2 mins walking distance from the spice and gold souk, the Al Raas metro station and the traditional dhow quays will give you a great opportunity to explore Dubai's old and new parts' day life. A piece of advice though, at night let say after 9-10 and on Fridays, the area is completely dead and there are no pubs/bars around nor a decent restaurant . The rooms, surrounding a central court, with carved wood shutters, an Arabic style kingsize dark walnut bed, setties, dressing table, wardrobe and beautiful red and golden filigreed Sari cloth, are a reminder of an Arabic princess's chamber in Scheherazade's stories. Nice and friendly front desk staff, who would try their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible, namely Ronaldo, a very polite and helpful Filipino with a surprisingly American accent, who is really helpful, giving you information about the area and the things you can explore. I've stayed in this hotel for 11 nights, which was a bit too much but I had a great experience and would recommend this place to those who want to explore the mysterious foreign (Arabic) culture, with a great sense of adventure, eyes to appreciate the old, beautiful and traditional architecture and those who are open to a very different but pleasant experience.
11 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Mary612
"Genuine experience of the local atmosphere."
I only stayed one night due to having taken an earlier flight and needing accommodation for the extra 12 hours I needed until check-in at the other resort. The taxi had minor difficulty finding the place, but the reception staff guided the driver over the phone. All staff members were very kind and polite and did their best to assist.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Pauline
"Old Dubai Experience"
The guest house is in an excellent location from which to explore old Dubai. There was a difficulty in locating the guest house as the taxi drivers were not sure exactly where it was and the area has some one way streets. The guest house is located well back from the street and behind the Al-Ahmadiya school and Heritage House on Al-Ahmadiya street. The staff, especially JC, were very helpful and did all they could to make our stay most enjoyable.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Spencer
"Heritage hotel in the arab souk."
We enjoyed our stay in this heritage hotel in the arab souk. Spotlessly clean. Loved the "local" feel. Friendly courteous staff. All this at a very reasonable rate.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Lindsay
"Helpful, friendly staff. Lovely atmosphere."
We chose the Ahmedia as we had wanted to experience a different slice of Dubai than the typical 5-star monoliths, lovely as they are in their own respect. And we were so thrilled by receiving better than 5-star service from this lovely and atmospheric guest house. The rooms are spacious, cool, clean, comfortable. And when we had to check out early for our flight back home, we had breakfast specially laid out for us. Delightful. I'd highly recommend this hotel (and have done so) to everyone visiting Dubai.
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2014