All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
272-283 Victoria Dock RoadLondonEnglandE16 3BYUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Soft Toilet Paper"
A pretty standard hotel experience. Good value, breakfast included. Good service - has a problem with heater, another one was brought up right away. What is different: - Breakfast suasages feel like they are made of flour - No vegitables of any kind at breakfast. Only baked beans. - Very soft toilet paper, unusual for a budget hotel In other notes: - Helpful staff, thank you - Clean - Close to DLR and Excel Centre - Pub downstairs serves a poor choice of beers and the greesiest Fish & Chips I've ever had. However, the prices are low. Would stay again if the price is right.
4 night business trip Mar 7, 2016
Mikhail
"The best choice for excel london"
The best place to stay for excel london exhibition center. Only 2 minutes by walk.
5 night business trip Feb 22, 2016
Can
No problems except for the cleaner bursting into the room at 9am while my husband was getting dressed! There is construction all around at the moment but the soundproofing is good. Very close to DLR station. Free drinks offer is a nice touch - the décor colours definitely aren't!
Other trip Dec 20, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Basic, noisy, over priced but ideals outages for e"
Basic, noisy, over priced but ideals outages for excel.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2016
stephen
"Perfect for o2 and excel"
Cheap cheerful perfect for a show at the excel or o2 arenas. Oh and a free breakfast too.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2016
zac
"Got a bargain deal"
Perfect near to o2 and transport. Clean room. Small bathroom. Friendly staff
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2016
"Overnight stay before theatre matinee visit"
We enjoyed the Docklands Museum waterfront from the Excel building to the O2. The hotel on our approach from the DLR station appeared to be in a building site then we realised that Crossrail was being constructed in front of the hotel. The member of staff on breakfast duty in a very crowded breakfast room noticed that we had anemic looking orange juice ( the machine had run out)and before we had a chance to go back to the machine, delivered two new glasses. Given the chaos of so many people having breakfast at the same time, we were really impressed with his excellent service and attention to detail and would like to send him our thanks.
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2016
"Hotel lovely, bed very very hard."
We arrived and were greeted by a lovely team on reception who explained everything. Told us how easy it is to get to the o2. Only thing that let the hotel down was the beds, it was like sleeping on a board.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2016
Stayed one night. Right next to train station. Great brekkie. Great help full staff. Only negative there's a lot of building work by it at the moment so can get noisy.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2016
Sandra
"Good hotel but very noisey in the nights."
Hotel was generally good, with a perfect location for work. A minute walk to Custom House Station. With the stay being business related, the excessive noise in the night time did not make of a pleasant stay. first night music blasting at 2 o'clock in the morning, second night shouting screaming and running back and forth room to room until around 12 o'clock. third night same as night 2. rung down to reception on a number of occasions.
3 night business trip Mar 20, 2016
"london standards and prices"
you most likely will stay in this place because its close to excel and its cheaper then others. is it just ok. dont expect your £150 to go far if you run out of options go for it welcome to London
2 night business trip Mar 8, 2016
greg
"A good hotel in a good location."
This was a one night stay to go to a gig at the O2 and was chosen because it was so close. The downside at this time was all the building work going on across the road, but the staff and condition of the hotel was very good. Breakfast facilities and food was excellent. Recommended.
1 night romance trip Mar 10, 2016
Calum
"Ibis Styles for O2"
booked for a weekend event at the O2 - close enough & cheap enough. 3 stops on DLR/ tube. Room was fine if a bit rough looking, bed was comfy. Breakfast was good, service was fine. Like many others my main issue was the small "pod" bathroom, this will put me off staying in an Ibis Styles again.
3 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2016
naomi
"friendly, comfortable enjoyable"
Me and my friend were attending an event at the excel centre so needed a place to stay for the night. There was a slight hiccup which staff were very helpful about and room was changed immediately. Good choice of food even with room service!! Would def stay again
1 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2016
"Very average hotel for the price charged"
Poor quality hotel and way overpriced. Over 200 per night for a very basic hotel with a pod type bathroom. The toilet also seemed to be leaking onto the floor.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2016
Kieran
Considering the price of the stay, the fact that breakfast and free wi-fi was included was excellent. The room was comfortable and clean and the shower was very powerful.
1 night trip Mar 4, 2016
"Great Hotel for Excel"
Great hotel for excel Shame the wifi was almost unusable, common guys sort it out!
3 night business trip Feb 29, 2016
kevin
"Ok clean value"
Good location for Excel ..quiet enough at night.. Clean ..Breakfast was sufficient though decor like a prison .. For the price you can't complain .. 10min walk to excel and nice restaurants .. Full of contractors at hotel bar .. There is a lot of building work going on over the road so noisy early on ..and the planes are a bit constant .. It's bearable though .
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2016
"Ibis Styles is the best choice if you're at Excel"
We stayed for business - exhibiting at The Franchise Show in Excel. Stayed over and visited ComicCon too afterwards. All so easy. So much happening at Excel and we couldn't have been closer. Still peaceful and quiet and comfy rooms. You have an amazing team in all areas of the hotel and we loved our breakfasts, which were included. You made it all so easy we wouldn't think of going elsewhere! Thank you.
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2016
Miss
Great location for excel. Room was small and cold had to put heating on took a long time to heat room. Price of hotel was very good and breakfast was ok but the hot food was loop warm
1 night trip Feb 11, 2016
Alexander
"hotel Ibis"
Plenty to eat at Breakfast with a lot of choices. However the bacon was really salty and the juices too sweet.
1 night trip with friends Feb 10, 2016
Christine
"London wkend"
Nice and comfortable for a short trip away, wifi good and nice a clean
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2016
james
"Good in parts"
Adequate thank you. The breakfast was fairly tasteless and two separate waiters tried to clear away my part finished breakfast. I can't blame them though for someone else trying to pinch my table. Again to repeat I was cross for the wifi not to link to my iPad. Various "fixes" we're tried but nothing worked Otherwise I got a nights stay in London for a reasonable price. Room and bed warm and clean
1 night trip Jan 27, 2016
ken
"Good convenient hotel."
We were going to the 02 so it was close by.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
Christine
"London weekend"
Easy to get to from O2 arena, cable car across Thames. Easy to get to central London from
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
FELICITY
"Rooms straight out of the 70's. Very poor."
More effort should be made to make people aware that the Ibis Styles hotel isn't the Ibis Hotel directly opposite London ExceL centre! I mistakenly tried checking in to that first, and they said they get it a lot too. The Ibis Styles Hotel itself was reasonable - a nice pub attached and reasonable quality self service breakfast, but the rooms (well, mine for sure - 227) was awful. The room was straight out of the 70's - an orange painted door, a pink mirror surround, a purple bathroom door, a cheap bit of kitchen worktop of a desk and a bathroom where you struggle to even sit correctly on the toilet due to such short space. The walls are decorated in that grandma pebble-dash style bumpy effect in some dirty grey colour. There are obvious signs of sub-standard cleaning in corners, windows, bathroom etc. Even the hiddeous paint job itself is poor as you can see where the decorator couldn't be bothered to cut in around corners. I stayed at this hotel for a business conference nearby and work had pre-paid. So, on the face of it I felt I didn't particularly need to complain - I was only there to sleep and get a bit of breakfast each day - but if I had spent my own money, gone there for a weekend / week away or taken a loved one, I would have complained and demanded a refund (and I am NOT the kind of person who ever complains!)
4 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
Phil
"Clean good breakfast"
Not a bad hotel a bit out from London but clean and good breakfast
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
kevin
"Great accessibility to the O2"
Further away from the centre of London, it makes the O2 very accessible for an evening show. The Emirates cable cars are just a stop away from the hotel, which is itself very close to the station. The breakfast buffet is great, with a large choice of good-quality food. Vegetarians options are well indicated.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2016
It is what it is, small rooms, even smaller bathrooms, can be noisy but very convenient for the Excel / O2. Good basic food etc. Yes, will stay again next year.
10 night business trip Jan 7, 2016
"I've used it before and will probably use it again"
stayed 3 nights while working at ExCel. This was the cheapest room available within walking distance, plus the rate included breakfast. Not the greatest location, made worse by the CrossRail construction work going on close by, but was only once disturbed by the work. No real complaints about the hotel, it is budget end and serves ExCel well. I've used it before and will probably use it again.
3 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
"Very Good indeed in this price range"
Very handy for ExCeL exhibition and very close to DLR station for seeing rest of London
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2016
"Perfect for the Excel and DLR line"
Perfect location for the Excel, right by the DLR line and excellent value . Food was lovely, wish we'd eaten there then night before , having had a disappointing meal in China Town. Pie and chips was to die for, at £9.95 . No chaos at breakfast like other reviews, plenty of choice, just as a non pork eater, mushrooms and tomatoes would have been great , but lovely nevertheless. Would definitely stay again
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
over night stay for visit to excel centre
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
michael
"Great for a cheap one night, no frills"
Location great for the boat show and access to the DLR which is all we wanted. Area a bit grubby but like I said, we only wanted somewhere to sleep after a day at the boat show. Breakfast choice was great, our room was a bit tired looking but it was clean and that was the main thing.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
CLAIRE
"Beds no brilliant"
We enjoyed out stay nice friendly staff. Good location to get the DLR into central London. Room nice and clean but beds and especially pillows was like sleeping on a bag of bricks. Some improvement to mattress and pillows wouldn't go a miss. But enjoy stay never the less.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Mrs Tracy
"Shopping break"
Stayed here for 3 nights. Although there is not a lot around the hotel the pub attached to it had a great atmosphere and reasonably priced, well cooked food. The restaurant and cafe unfortunately were closed during our stay so cannot comment on these. The staff at the hotel were all friendly and knowledgable. The room was adequate for our needs as only used as a place to sleep and the bathroom was small but clean. The breakfast was good with a great choice but was extremely disordered with not enough tables to accommodate the amount of customers. It was like a free for all but I suppose this is to be expected in many busy hotels and due to this we only went to breakfast on the first morning! I would stay here again as the location is good with the DLR station directly opposite you can get anywhere with little trouble. The hotel is definitely worth the money I paid to stay and if you want luxury you should pay luxury prices.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
It was quite ok. The proximity to train station made moving around town very convenient. Multi lingual Ashwin especially made breakfast time interesting
3 night trip Dec 27, 2015
"Christmas family reunion."
We stayed 7 nights as a base to have a Christmas family reunion. From New Zealand Australia and London. Room was adequate but shower cubicle very small and constrictive. Only one chair for 2 people. Breakfast, when busy was Chaotic. There needed to be someone to guide newcomers how to get their breakfast and use the various equipment. Some people looked totally lost and bewildered.
7 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
"Ibis Syles Hotel Review"
The price was great, with a hot / continental Buffett breakfast included and the tube was very close by which made access to the London sights a breeze !
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
Paid £49 including full breakfast so good value for money
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2015
"Ibis styles excel arena"
Was clean. Tidy. Very good 4 min walk to excel arena..good breakfast. Good secure car park £12 a day ..very good 2 min walk for train links to redt of central london . Oxford st 30 mins away . But the bathroom pods are tiny.. i dont like them .
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Balbir
"Good cheap hotel!"
Cheap night when we went to see a gig at the O2. Great distance away from there as only two stops away on the tube. We had a wet patch by the bed and we told them about it when we came back from thr gig, gone 11 at night and they went up to the room and checked it out. We didn't have a problem with it but thought we would mention it as the room smelt of damp. The guy said instantly that we should be moved to another room and we were straight away. Was very impressed with that service. Also cheap car parking for £12 for 24 hrs was not bad!
1 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
Henry
"Noisy but adequate"
I stayed at the hotel for a few days whilst involved in a show at Excel. It's convenient for the exhibition center I'll give it that, but overall it was pretty poor. I've stayed in a lot of hotels from budget to high-end and this was at the lower end of budget in terms of finish, comfort and amenities. The room was clean but I would class the fit and finish as 'youth hostel'. The bathroom was ok but was a tiny 'pod' bathroom which would probably be ok for someone who isn't 6ft 3. The staff were helpful and always available when needed which was a positive. The main negative was the noise. The walls are like paper and we were placed right next to the lifts so were woken every 10 minutes or so by "Doors opening" and dinging, especially the night the hotel played host to a raucous wedding which went on until 2am. The second night we were woken at about 3:00am by an ear-splitting siren in our room, apparently all the smoke alarms in every room are linked and a guest decided to smoke in their room and triggered all of them to go off. Overall it was, I guess, a warm bed to stay in for a couple of nights but I think, given the price (I know it's a London hotel next to an attraction so it's not going to be cheap) I would pay the extra and stay at one of the higher end hotels for 20% or so more.
3 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
Ben
"good hotel to stay in for any reason to visit lond"
We booked this trip to see the Christmas lights we found it very easy to get from the hotel to the centre, trains very frequent.
4 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
Kathleen
"Clean business-like hotel on building site!"
Thanks to some aptly placed notices, I managed to find the Ibis Styles Hotel in Victoria Dock Road in the middle of what looked like a massive building site. Reception was slick and welcoming and my room on the fourth floor was what I would expect from an Ibis: bright and clean with no frills. Pillows were a little low and the shower could have been enclosed and not needed so many adjustments, but the room was more than adequate. Breakfast was served in a canteen-like room and there was a good selection of food on offer, but it was set out in a rather random fashion (eg milk divorced from the cereals/toast and rolls separate from butter/margarine). On the second day the appointed supervisor talked too much, trying to be "over-friendly" with everyone. On second day chambermaid wished to clean the room as late as 3-45 p.m.! I declined the offer, but I regretted that I had run out of milk sachets. Very quick departure.
Other trip Dec 12, 2015
"Guide dogs"
We had 3 guide dogs and were welcomed with open arms your staff were very thoughtful and must be commended
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
Colin
"Ibis Styles Excel Centre"
Great location opposite Custom House DLR station, quiet, good service, fantastic breakfast and bar food/pub.
3 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2015
Sue
"Excellent for the Excel"
great hotel, excellent location, lovely staff - very compact bathroom
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
Joanna
"Not a palace, but just what we wanted."
We stayed 3 nights for a relative's birthday event nearby. Whilst rooms are "cosy" it was fine for what we wanted. The bathroom pod is quite small and as a large man, I found it difficult to get past the toilet to the sink. There was also a slight sewage smell from the pod, but nothing too unpleasant. Breakfast was the usual fare in the dining room, but we were fed in the bar area on Sunday, continental only. The restaurant was used for 1 lunch, and we found it quite pleasant. Staff were all very helpful and courteous. Parking is great for £12 a night, with days passes given if you wanted to use the car in the day. The Excel custom house DLR station is virtually opposite, so the hotel is very convenient for the Excel and the underground.
3 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"Show hotel"
Great hotel for the Excel centre and shows. Only issue was hot water took a long time to come through and the shower is quite small.
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2015