All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
272-283 Victoria Dock RoadLondonEnglandE16 3BYUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good for a short stay"
Very pleasant place to stay with a good pub/restaurant in which to eat in the evening. Breakfast was a bit spartan though - no sausages and only scrambled eggs available.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
Geoffrey
"Just the job"
Good place to stay for a weekend in London. Close to Custom House DLR station and the Excel. Spotlessly clean room and a pub, that's all your really need.
2 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2015
"Good easy location for a short stay"
Positive feeling in the overall stay. The staff are friendly and complimentary parking for my guest. Quick easy check in process. Room is tidy and ready. the only downside is the breakfast quality. They could make a better eggs and hams for breakfast for sure. Again, it is nice for them to provide a complimentary breakfast so I guess I shouldnt ask for more.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2015
"Convenient location"
Went to this Ibis to see a concert at the O2. Went across on the Emirates 'airline'Convenient location but there is a lot of building work in this area. The hotel was fine for one night. Breakfast was hearty and staff were friendly and accomodating.....
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2015
Anne
"Refused to give me a reciept because I booked here"
Hotel staff refused to give me a receipt because I booked through Venere - they said I have to get it on the Venere site itself, but they don't have a VAT reciept on this! So not good for business customers. There was ONE ironing board in the whole hotel and they chained it to a tiny room on the 2nd floor. Not the best location. Breakfast was good.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
Neil
Great place to stay - great value, great breakfast. Really handy for quick access to city centre.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2015
Malcolm
"A most incredible hotel"
I sincerely want to thank every member of staff of ibis styles hotels for making our visit to London enjoy able and stress free.I must say you have a most wonderful team that are down to earth for their customers. Your breakfast section was so amazing. My thanks to Mr Ashwin whose warm greetings to every individual as you come through the door and going round to make sure you are OK makes you have good appetite. I look forward to visiting again.Thanks
3 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2015
Anthony
Great location. Made to feel really welcome. Breakfast was lovely. Had family with us so hard going on underground. However staying here we used the cable cars and river ferrys do much easier with the pram amd kids loved that way to get around.
2 night family trip Oct 27, 2015
"Ibis styles for MCM"
Really enjoyed this hotel. Just across the rom from excel. Will try to get this again
2 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
Andrew Bayliss
"Convenient for The O2"
Stayed for one night and room had everything needed. Not flash, but satisfactory. Breakfast was ok, with a reasonable choice. Had a problem twice with the card for the room not working - irritating because it happened each time we returned to the room. Located in the middle of building work at present, but would stay again if for one night, but not for more.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
Christine
Was comfy but not breath taking !!!
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2015
kay
"Good hotel for the price, great location but small"
My stay at ibis hotel was excellent. Rooms were pretty small and the shower and bathroom was tiny. Found it hard to shower in the morning. Breakfast facilities were good, a great variety of food. The pub was excellent, the food was amazing and reasonable priced. Didn't use the restaurant but it always seemed nice. The location was excellent. It was a 2 minute walk from the hotel to the excel centre. 1 minute walk to the DLR station. Lots of food and drink locations near by.
4 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2015
"Close to London City Airport"
Basic room but convenient if you need to fly early out of London City Airport without spending a huge amount on accommodation
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Angela
"good"
right next to train station made travel very easy. good breakfast. wifi was bad though n only one device at a time so i had to logoff from my device so that my wife can use n vice-versa which was ridiculous though.
5 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Ritesh
"Value for money"
Upon arrival we were able to leave our vehicle and then we headed straight into Central London. Ibis allowed us to check in on our return , late that evening. The rooms were clean and tidy, and breakfast the next morning was a great array of choice ... All in all our stay was value for money, and just what we needed it to be .
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
"Nice stay - too noisy"
It was a lovely Studio Apartment. Excellent room with kitchenette, sitting area and ensuite bathroom. Only problem being it was very noisy. In the basement so no views and next to a busy main road. Plumbing very noisy too. We ate in the restaurant which served lovely food, so would recommend. It was close to the ExCel Exhibition Centre which was where we wanted to be. Taking into account all of the above we wouldn't stay here again.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Toilet smelledf
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
"Good proximity, nothing more"
Brief one-night visit for an event in the area. Good proximity to the venue. Absolutely horrid shower experience, shower space was unbelievably tiny, it was ridiculous, plus I found a clump of HAIR on the towel.. disgusted beyond words
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
i was not given the room i had booked
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
"Expensive for what you get."
Poor Overpriced Hotel, I understand the need for a variety of Hotel styles and that some are happy to accept smaller rooms minimal space and cheaper fitting, along with poor management attention to detail. But NOT when rates charged are more in line with higher expectations. Rates at this hotel are excessive for the product provided, this is simply a budget hotel and should be priced accordingly, it was not on our visit.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"OK for the money"
Excellent place to stay to visit Excel, not too much else around except maybe O2. Rooms small, shower tiny but masses of hot water, very quiet inside the room. Bed hard and horrible pillows, but good value for money. Very convenient for the DLR and London City Airport.
3 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Small room but good enough for one night"
Following up from other reviews - Easy enough for transport links on DLR. 1) From Central London - Canning Town has links from Jubilee. 2) From Bank DLR change at Westferry for Beckton train - Off at DLR Custom House. Building work at Custom House station at the moment coz of crossrail. There is signage for hotel, meaning walking through housing estate which is not what you want. But building work stops at 6pm then easy to walk through from station. Regards to hotel - Staff are good and polite. Quick check in, explained the building work and hotel facilities. There is luggage storage. Room - Small room and bathroom for london prices, glad company paying for it. But clean, tidy and good for one night
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Have the right expectations... this is a budget overnight room. They are the cheaper version to the full Ibis Hotel. The room was clean, tidy and had everything in that I needed. No frills with lots of trades men. It's right on the Custom House DLR station - But makes sure you don't aim for the big red Ibis sign as this is the other hotel. Ibis styles is the other side of the excel.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Neil
"Cute and nice."
Nice hotel near the DLR Station. Clean and comfortable. No fridge in the room.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Milena
"Stay was ok... nothing spl. Good breakfast though."
It was good but a little confusing location due to works going on nearby. No information about the same beforehand so created confusion.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Hotel was great, service was great, breakfast was shocking. Absolutely awful. Arrived an hour before it was due to finish and there was no hot food. Spent twenty minutes waiting, drinking juice and tea, and then a tray of baked beans arrived. Ten minutes later a tray of white sausages (undercooked!!) arrived. Waited until 10:55 and still no signs of meat, so I grabbed a yoghurt and left.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Stevie
"It does what it says on the tin."
Just the one night but enjoyed it.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
kenneth
"Budget hotel standard with limitations."
The room was compact. The bathroom very squashed smelled damp and mouldy and the extractor fan did not work. The bed was firm with a foam mattress topper. The pillowcase looked clean but was not laundererd I sleep on my front so had ample opportunity to smell this. The rest of the room was clean 3 stars because a used pillowcase is not okay, I heard noise from outside my room because although I was in a side wing I was right next to a fire door. staff were cleaning at 7 am moving carts and chatting. I heard other guests walking to their rooms chatting - as a light sleeper this is always irritating but I know I won't be able to do anything about it , that's why I always request a room away from the main internal traffic. Reception staff were helpful. Something outside the hotels control but not mentioned on any website is that there are extensive construction works around the train lines right in front of the hotel During working hours you must detour through a rather scary housing estate. I advise you to check. The other ibis hotel and the Novotel are on the Excel side of the Custom House station / railway line so not affected. If I had realised that my conference was in Hall 10 (at the far end of Excel centre) I would have looked for a hotel at the opposite end of Excel
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2015
"Enjoyable"
Very enjoyable stay , Reception very helpful , hotel room spotless. Always greeted with a smile by the breakfast staff .I would definitely recommend this hotel.
4 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Perfect location"
Very nice Stay in this lovely hotel, we had an apartment, spacious & comfortable,prefect location, easy access to London sights, it's our 2nd stay here and won't be our last.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
hotel was fine aside from on the evening of arrival the signs to the hotel led me through a very poor and dangerous looking area which was a long walk. it was only the next day that i was shown the shorter route
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Clean modern but wrong location"
The hotel is clean and modern, but a little basic. Having said that, the room was equipped with tea and coffee making facililties, modern TV and hair drier. Breakfast was well presented, but lacked a good quality coffee. My main gripe with this hotel is the location. None of the taxi drivers seemed to know where it was! The building work at the station made access more difficult.just a touch too far away for our liking, but it was a cheap price!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
david
"Two day stay"
I travelled down to London for a two day trip with my daughter and choose this hotel because it was slightly cheaper than other ibis hotels having stayed in this chain before ( Euston) and found it very good until I arrived! We had to walk thro the council estate next door to get to the hotel which in fairness isn't anyone's fault due to expansion but In hindsight I wish I'd payed a little bit more and gone to the other ibis on the dockside with a substantial difference in views with no pigeons on my window sill
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Ricketts-Royle
"classic IBIS hotel"
classic ibis experience although in London prices. hotel was good clean but a bit far off the city centre.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2015
london triathlon - so location was very good for that
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
neil
Functional hotel with very good location for excel. Bathroom is small but workable. Good value. Found fingernail/toenail on the bed which wasn't great. Breakfast was ok. Everything about the hotel was average and represented good value.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
I was there for the triathlon and I just needed somewhere to lay my head
1 night trip Aug 8, 2015
"Triathlon stoppver"
Very good value for money. Could not be better located for the ExCel at a low price. With parking as well.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Alastair
We were really impressed with everything about this hotel, the service, cleanliness and breakfast were great for the price we paid. Would definitely use again. The only thing to watch is the water in the shower can get very hot, be careful not to knock the control while under the shower!
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
sue
"Good price"
Good stay, but a lot of construction which makes it an eyesore, and walking from the DLR is a bit grim. Rooms small but clean. Good breakfast. Overall I would recommend
2 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
A J
"Ibis get your stuff together"
While booking this hotel I used Google maps to see the location. It was in a nice area just outside of London, in the Docklands. When I got there I was told I was in the wrong hotel and was given directions to one further away. I got to the second one and was told again I was in the wrong place. I was very unhappy at this point and it put a downer on the check in and first night at the correct hotel. Once I finally got the correct directions off a total stranger, because neither Ibis staff knew where they were sending me, I was given the key to a room that looked nothing like the one on Expedia.Com. Not a very happy experience to start with. Although the room wasn't the one I saw it was clean and there was a bed. It was also right next to a construction zone and train station. This was not written on the website. I didn't sleep because the air conditioning didn't work and I had to sleep with the window open and listen to the train going by all night.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Easy to get to via DLR"
Hotel is a little out of the main centre but is clean, inviting and the staff are very pleasant and accommodating.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Dreadful place - would get the train home instead"
I have never stayed in such an awful place. A portaloo for a bathroom - with a step up so you bang your foot going to the loo in the night and fall out off into the bedroom trying to get dry in the tiny space. Air conditioning doesn't work and whilst each room has a fan it has no effect. Windows have to be left open letting in the noise of City Airport and the ExCel building works. The bar sells well below par food (microwaved pies) at above par prices and is dirty with litter on the floor and sticky tables. Building workmen are allowed in wearing their work clothes leaving dust and dirt on the seats, sitting swearing loudly unchecked by the bar staff. The hotel's in a very run down area and you don't feel safe walking the streets at night.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Will definitely return!"
My second stay here - will definitely be returning! It is in an excellent location to explore London with the DLR station just outside and usually a half hour tube journey into central London. Very quiet as it is located in a residential area but has local amenities such as a Nisa Local and pharmacy just around the corner. The Custom House pub attached to the hotel is extremely reasonable, I ate there both nights of my stay, you simply can't say no to a beautifully cooked steak and chips for £10.95! Really would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.
2 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
A
"Close to City Airport"
Very good location if you are flying out of or into City airport. The hotel is close to Custom House station and will be closer when other construction is finished. It's not a problem as lifts operate if you have luggage. The hotel itself has more noise from the inside than out. People talking in corridors are easily heard through the door as well as doors slamming.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Great stay for the cost. Can't fault it, really. It's not 5 stars, but it's a great 3!
5 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Colin
"Excellent hotel"
Very good location, clean room, good breakfast. Perfect for my trip
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
"Near to 02"
Bathroom could not have been smaller. We got woken up at 9am, by a cleaner literally storming into the room. [ Without knocking]. Good and cheap car parking. No air con.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
rtw 100
"Breakfast chaos"
I regularly stay over once a month or so for a business meeting in Beckton and always used to stay here. It is fairly basic but always clean, and the staff are always friendly and helpful. On this instance I had a problem with the shower (the tap came off in my hand and was gushing out) fortunately as I was getting out. I informed reception and the staff were quick to respond. My real problem with this stay though was when I went down for breakfast the queue was out past the lifts and down the corridor past the stairs...far too many people for breakfast. I immediately went to the front desk to ask if that was really the queue. I was told that they had some large groups in!!! However, the member of staff acknowledged my plight and walked me back up and right into the breakfast room where I was given a seat ahead of the increasing queue, for this I was very grateful. The key issue is that this hotel often has large groups, and for ordinary travellers the breakfast room is often very busy and clearly cannot cope with too many large groups without compromising the ordinary (regular) customers
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Garry
"Good value budget hotel"
Right next to the DLR - so really convenient from that point of view. In a bit of building site right now because of the Cross Rail station development. Room was comfortable and clean; Food in the Pub at attached to the Hotel was good. Only reservation is that for my liking there is not much to see and do around the hotel - I would prefer a location nearer central London
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2015