All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here272-283 Victoria Dock Road, London, England, E16 3BY, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9

"Very basic hotel"
Hotel very basic but met our needs. Shower was slightly broken which meant 4 interesting showering. 5 min tube rude to O2 arena. Excellent Central location with secure parking. Breakfast was hot and welcomed.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Overall a satisfactory stay. However, when I made the booking, I booked for a twin room with separate beds as I was sharing with a friend but I come to the hotel and find that we were given a double bed room. It wasn't until I had to research into the website that they were preferences, not guarantees, which should be stated for when you are booking for a particular room. And just a suggestion, the location of one of the two power sockets was abit strange; near the front door so if I wanted to charge my room, I had to place my phone on the room where there is a risk that it could be stood on. Most hotels that I have stayed in have power sockets beside the bed for convenience.
3 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2014
"Weekend in London"
Stayed at the Ibis over the Weekend (for a Concert at the o2. First impressions - Hotel is set very close to the DLR - so a decent location for anyone wanting to travel into / around London. Parking at the Hotel is also easy and secure. Will go with the good bits first. Hotel is clean Room we stayed in - Massive (We stayed in Apartment - 015) Bed is very comfortable Sky TV etc... Free Wifi Breakfast is pretty good. The not so good! Staff are ok... not the friendliest (you get a better welcome from the guys at Premier Inn / Ramada just down the road) Also wasn't asked if I had a good stay, when checking out!!!! 3 of us staying in a room - they forgot to add an extra bed (this was soon sorted out and quickly) Walls are like paper - Seemed like a Party going on until the early hours next door! Windows just about close and match the walls - you can hear every Car, Car-Radio, Bus, Voice from outside... All in all, it was.... just... ok.... But not worth the money I paid........... Stayed in the Premier Inn the week prior. Paid half the room cost and they were a million times better than the Ibis... Notes for the Manager at Ibis........ Must do better!
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Good value for money, close to DLR."
Staff were friendly and helpful. We returned after O2 concert, so too late for bar food but the receptionist offered to contact a local takeaway if we so wished. We opted for sandwiches from the bar fridge, which we ate in our room. There were tea & coffee making facilities, plus a hair dryer and they provided hand and shower wash. Our shower room was small, but it was very clean and modern. Breakfast is self service and the choice was vast and the food was of good quality. We would definitely stay here again and we're impressed for the price we paid.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
lynn
"An Ok Stay, Good Location for DLR"
Right by the docklands DLR so perfect for travel - however being where it is means guests coming back late after being out via the tube and a bit of noise here and there. Staff polite and friendly and the breakfast was nice although there could have been a bit more of a selection. Room very basic, not any attempt at comfort, although im aware this isnt ibis' most big budget hotel. All in all, an ok stay.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Comfortable hotel and great staff"
A comfortable hotel, great staff and very close to the GLR
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Avoid"
There was a large teen school group staying. They were loud all night and drinking outside the front if the hotel. The staff didnt do anythibg about it. Room was small and badly decorated and a bit shabby. Compared to the normal Ibis i would stay in this was terrible.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Over Night Stay"
We were very well received when we checked in and the receptionist gave us advice regarding our journey that evening. The rooms are adequate for one night, not sure I would like to stay too long as not that big and the pillows are a little hard. The bathroom is a pod design, shower very efficient but tends to flood the floor if you are not careful. The breakfast was very nice, hot and being replenished frequently, tables were cleared in good time. Parking at the rear of the hotel which is always an advantage.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Lesley
"Convenient-small rooms-you get what you pay for"
Fine stay - just no air and the hotel in general was really hot even though it was not really hot outside (October) the windows only opened a fraction. Breakfast great though and value for money for London and location excellent.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
"Small, but perfectly formed"
I stayed one night at this hotel.The bed was comfortable. The room was compact, but everything was there which I needed. breakfast starting at 6am was a bonus, as I was unexpectedly made to go to a meeting early Friday, so I thought I would miss out.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"Great location for O2"
A friend & I were visiting the O2 for a concert & this hotel was the perfect location with just 2 stops on the DLR & 1 stop on the underground.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
Pixiplum
"Cheap hotel for a quick stay"
Basic hotel, well designed rooms, small but caters for all needs, lovely breakfast!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Star trek weekend!"
We stayed for 2 nights over the Destination Star Trek weekend. Had a great weekend. The hotel put on Star Trek themed menu in the Pub. Staff were helpful when the room keys didnt work 1st time. The hotel was only a short walk from the Excel which was ideal for our needs. Would stay here again and would recommend it as a place to stay when visiting the Excel area.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Adam
Great budget stay, staff were extremely friendly and helpful!
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
"Convenient for Excel"
The room was small but clean and a very short walk from the DLR and the excel. There was a lot of noise from outside so it wasnt easy to sleep.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Jen
"A couple of days in London"
We stayed in this hotel for two nights. We choose it because we could drive and park here and the DRL was very close. The bar and food was very reasonably priced and breakfast was included in the price of the room.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Last minute booking to go to O2"
We got the hotel at reasonable rate and we were pleased with the standard .Value for for money
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Be wary of what is happening in the area."
Location is currently compromised by the work for the Crossrail system. It appears this has changed the whole ambiance of what could have been a good area.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"good fine"
Does what it says on the tin. Difficult to fault, close to DLR, spotless room, great breakfast
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"short break"
Very pleased with hotel, a bit far out but for price we paid was excellent. Breakfast was very good and well presented and all staff I came into contact with were very helpful. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
sue
"happy with stay"
clean rooms. hotel facilities good. friendly and helpful staff. great breakfast. super convenient access to docklands light rail station (just across the road) which makes it easy to take the "Tube" into central london,
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
J
"Great service"
Staff very welcoming and friendly, quick to offer an alternative when they realised that our special request made via our hotels.com booking had not been forwarded to them. Breakfast was copious, room was quiet enough despite the proximity of London City Airport, and the beds were comfortable, making for a good night's sleep for a GAMSAT candidate the night before the big test! We found the price a bit high but are not really familiar with London area prices so can't say if it was overly so. All in all, a good place to stay.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Laura and Robin
"Breakfast and Dinner excellent also."
Good value for money and an excellent hotel for an overnight stay. Close to Greenwich and only a roads width from the DLR railway.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
pydykeshirl
"Great value for money"
Totally unfaultable,great location for transport links,and for the o2
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
D.t.box
Stayed on 5th floor (room 505). Spacious room and the bed and heating were fine. However, thin walls as I could hear other people. The finishing on some items (such as the mirror) were peeling off and the rusting at the base of the shower. The shower took a while to heat up, but the controls are fine. Walking on floor 5 was cramped because it's the slanted roof. The breakfast was fine, though the selection of fruits changed some days. The pub linked to next door was ok, but not great (I ordered a pie where the outside was hot, but the meat in the middle was cold (funnily enough it was cooked!?). Overall a budget hotel. You get what you pay for, though overpriced in my opinion. I'd stay again only because of the close proximity to the station.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Helpfull friendly staff"
This was my first visit to an Ibis Styles and was not sure what to expect. We were initially given keys for a twin room right next to the lifts. When I went to reception to ask if we could move somewhere quieter I was very impressed. Vanessa checked and found 2 other twin rooms and offered to show me them so i could decide which one was best. I thought this was great service, as it was a Saturday night and hotel seemed quite busy. Positives for this hotel: Comfy beds, very clean, OK breakfast, and free Wifi. Negatives: Bathrooms are very small, I had to shower with the shower door open. Window blind on our room was a bit too short for the window and the AC in our room was a bit temperamental (worked 1 night did not work the next) Pub next door shuts at 11 so no chance of a late drink ;-(. These are only minor issues and I would consider staying at the Ibis again.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
harbour1
"Nice quiet hotel"
We stayed in the ibis styles excel for one night in August. First , getting to the hotel seemed a bit far but actually wasn't that bad, your saving a lot of money by staying just outside the centre of London and the extra travel was worth it. The views on the way were pretty good. And from kings cross to custom house (the nearest station) only cost £2.70 with an Oyster card. We checked in with little fuss. The amenities at the hotel seemed plentiful, they had a rather nice lounge area with a tv, a pub, a cafe/restaurant, drinks and snacks from reception and a vendor for anything you had forgotten: toothbrush, toothpaste etc. True that the hallways look a bit dated however when we got to the room it was well decorated and presented. I was happy to find that I had finally found an English hotel with working aircon... It was August so could have got rather hot. Also it was really nice that we could have the windows open at night and not be up all night with the noise of Central London. We didn't even really notice the noise of the nearby airport. Although being a plane geek I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Breakfast was included in my stay and the breakfast room was found on the 1st floor, and there was plenty to choose from. Cereals, breads, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurts, full English, juices, coffee tea and other hot drinks.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
simon desenlis
"Great location on Docklands next to waterfront"
This hotel is in a great location on the waters edge next to the excell arena. Carpark shared with Novatel next door, £16 for 24hrs. Dog friendly clean hotel with excellent breakfast. Good hotel for London Triathlon and they allow bikes in your room.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
copvek
"Great budget hotel"
Great location for our stay - attending the London Triathlon at the ExCel arena. It was only a short walk to the arena. The hotel was clean and well kept and had everything you would need for a short break, not sure if you would want to stay for more than a couple of nights though. We had dinner in the restaurant and found the food to be of a good standard. However, the breakfast was a little disappointing, with the food being undercooked and juices being a little too artificial. Would recommend for a short break.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
finners
"good basic hotel"
Hotel.com states 302 air conditioned rooms, not true, hotel does not promote it self as air conditioning as only half of rooms have it!!!.Needless to say our room did not have air con, but was part of reason for booking it over others. The room it self was basic, but for a one night stay was ok, breakfast was good.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Nice hotel close to expo"
Only problem tiny shower other than that everything ok
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
steve
"Way too basic for my liking!!!"
Very basic hotel.the room was quite claustrophobic.no air conditioning.tiny bathroom.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"business trip to beckton"
i usually stay at the premier inn ay beckton, but their prices are too high. Tried this hotel as its easy to travel to beckton on the dlr. The price of this hotel was nearly £50 cheaper, and to the same standard as the premier inn. It was vey busy here with young people or students and holiday makers, especially at breakfast time. The on site cafe/restaraunt served excellent food and the staff were very friendly. The in site pub eas also good serving very cheap pub food. The only downside with my stay was that it was so hot in the standard double room. I had the window open all the time but the noise from the adjacent building work was a nuisance. The hotel should perhaps provide the rooms with a fan. Other than that cheap and very cheerful. I have booked again for my next business trip in August.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Garry
"Great 2 night stay"
Easy walking distance for Excel and DLR very handy stayed when it was over 30 degrees in London so pretty hot as no air con in the room but hey how often does the Bristish weather get that hot! Great buffet breakfast excellent value, very good staff at the Ibis easy check in.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Clare
"You get what you pay for"
I booked this hotel at short notice when I realised that a function I was due to attend would end too late in the evening for me to get home. This hotel was conveniently located for the Excel Centre, and as I only really needed a bed for the night, I thought a budget hotel would be adequate, rather than the 4 stars I would normally book. I guess that's the best way to describe it - it was very basic - a small room with a fairly comfortable bed and a miniscule shower room/toilet, but that's budget hotels for you. There are two Ibis Hotels at the Excel Centre and this one is by Custom House DLR. There is a major construction project going on right outside the hotel at the moment and while this didn't cause any noise problems, I didn't feel very comfortable walking back to the hotel late at night and it felt a bit more like a hostel than a hotel as there were a number of students sitting on the corridor floors outside the rooms. The other Ibis is much more convenient for the Excel and if I have to do this again, I'll pay a bit extra and stay at the Novotel. Mind you, I nearly ended paying quite a lot for my room as the receptionist insisted my room was pay on departure and charged my credit card when infact I had prepaid, but I did manage to get a refund after I complained.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Treacle
"Will be great when Crossrail is done"
This hotel will be great once the Crossrail works opposite are finished. Reasonably price, right by the DLR station and an easy run into central London, to Canary Wharf or to Stratford. London City Airport is only a few stops away (even with the change at Canning Town). Excel is over the road and O2 a short hop across the Thames. Right now, though, there's a slightly dodgy detour through the back of the shops to the station. One tiny niggle - the capsule bathrooms in Ibis are fine, when they have a glass shower screen. This one had a very British shower curtain which constantly clung to me. Icky!
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
MF
"Overnight stsy"
Nice room clean goodnight sleep great breakfast veey nice and helpful staff only fault no room in shower to move aroind ok for short stay
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
easy going
It was the worst experience...by all means including location, service, staff atitude, and room facility. I would never stay with this hotel..
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
"Great location for the O2 and DLR"
Nice budget hotel with good facilities. The breakfast was good too. Room was clean. The only slight criticism is the duvet is a bit small for two people.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Bee
"Convenient location friendly and clean"
Rooms in need of a freshen up but okay for 1 night clean and very handy for the 02 ect
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Great Breakfast, clean & comfortable rooms, bathroom on the snug side but fine. Excellent location for the DLR although views not brilliant due to lots of construction taking place on the DLR. Will be fantastic when finished.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
weekenders
"Lacking Enthusiasm"
I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. Firstly, the hotel was in a great position for ths DLR so getting about in London wasn't hard no too expensive as we were in a certain number region. Other nearer hotels are more expensive and it makes little difference on travel. At the time of my stay there were quite a few building works going on so I have no comment on the area as it wasn't appealing to explore at the time. The hotel it's self was in decent condition but not as fun and modern as the pictures would have you believe. I found the furniture and decore to be a little cheap. It is very basic so good for people who only just want to sleep and spend little time there! The cleaners were fantastic, the receptionists were not. Most of the time they did not care for you and seemed to lack skill at their jobs. The bed was firm and a little uneasy to sleep on sometimes. The breakfast was not exciting but I was told it was good from my friends. The staff had already removed the food half an hour before the breakfast is meant to shut for myself. Overall you don't get a lot for your money but you do get a very clean and safe place to rest your head. I may even return again when on a budget!
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Zoe
Booked the hotel for it was close to O2 for a show. Managed to get confused with another Ibis hotel just down road but staff were helpful to point me to correct hotel. Room was ok although could hear airplanes passing over head. Shower was freezing in morning but breakfast was ok - generally good value for money and for ease of access to venue.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Emily
"Horrible!"
Horrible, small rooms very, very basic. Hard to find!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Booked for convenience of 02 concert"
Hotel was fine for what my husband and I wanted for a weekend break and we thought some of the reviews we read before our stay were unfair!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Great location and staff"
A 2 min walk to the excel centre. Staff were wonderful. Forgot my phone charger which they offered to post out to me. Breakfast was fine. A great stay.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Hanna
"Nice Hotel for price"
The hotel was situated outside London on the docks easily accesable by tube,the rooms was comfortable but the bar/restaurant needs some serious TLC overall good value for the money and good for the o2 arena.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Brilliant location - very poor breakfast!!!"
We stayed at the Ibis Styles ExCel in London near the O2 last Saturday. The location was perfect and the Hotel room was lovely and comfortable and clean. The thing that let this hotel down was the breakfast. It was the worst breakfast I have experienced in a hotel ever. It was all crowded into one corner so people were crawling over each other. At one time there was no bacon, no sausages in fact there was no sausages at all, no eggs, no hash browns and no bread for toast. Hardly any fruit only tinned Grapefruit, bananas, prunes and tinned mixed fruit. It took the chefs/staff over 25 mins to bring eggs out. You can make scrambled eggs in a couple of minutes or they could have fried eggs also in a couple of minutes. There were some mini muffins but no other pastries and no bread to go with the cheese and ham that was supplied. All this was before 1000 and breakfast was supposed to be running until 1100 so goodness knows what the rest of the guests had after this. I work in the hospitality service and surely the hotel must know how many they have booked in and therefore how much breakfast will be needed?? It is simple demand and supply. It was shocking. The management was clearly not there or inadequate as the staff were clearing tables but not replenishing the food supplies. It is such a shame because the rest of the hotel was lovely only to be let down by the breakfast. It will make me hesitate to book an Ibis again, although I hope this is just this one hotel and not t
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Kirsty
"Convenient for the tube and theO2"
Very pleasant hotel - surprising for part of a large chain.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Gerry
"Good location for O2"
Good location, comfy rooms with bathroom 'pod' inside the room. Shower had good hot water but my Dad's room had sewage issues with smells issuing from the bathroom. As we were only sleeping there overnight after a late night concert it was manageable in the short term -Dad kept the door shut! Breakfasts were good and plentiful- hot and cold buffet. Dinner in the steakhouse had great steaks but bad chips- the oil was old and tasted foul. Helpful staff cooked new chips but couldn't resolve the problem. Overall a good stay, and would stay again,
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014