All hotels in Karon, Thailand
2/4 Kata Noi Road, Kata beach, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"just ok"
Communication slightly lack ,overall is just OK ,out of my expectations.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Teoh
"Kata beach is beautiful!"
We stayed at the Sugar Marina Nautical at Kata beach in January. Weather was perfect! The taxi to the hotel from Phuket airport is 900 baht--minimum. One reviewer said 200 baht, this is NOT correct. The taxi takes about an hour, but everywhere to any good beach in Phuket takes a long time. The concierge at the hotel helped us rent a motor scooter which was essential to getting around. Snorkeling is good at Kata. I don't recommend the hotel not because it was horrible, but there are better places to stay for the same cost.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Barb
"Nice hotel near Kata beach"
Nice hotel near beach, clean, nice staff. Had some problem with Internet. Good breakfast
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
george
"Perfect in paradise"
It was perfect for modest price and Top condition
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
"my fourth time"
Flawless value for money. This place has all the amenities i need, and a great vibe. 2 min walk to the beach, surrounded by massage places, restaurants, and markets. Perfect for me.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
amr
"Best for the price in Phuket"
I have stayed twice and loved it both times. No complaints whatsoever
Other trip May 15, 2014
amr
"Great place!"
Hotel looks very nice and sweet. Hotel itself is not big but every ficility is good to use. Not far from beach, about 10 minutes by foot. And I like the breakfast and free wifi.
3 night family trip Dec 11, 2013
Leon
"Room stinks because of humidity"
Our room was a bit stinky, especially the pillows on the couch. They need to be drycleaned! Also the design of the bathroom is weird, because due to the panels you can hear everything that is going on in the bathroom. Which is awkward if you are sharing a room with someone.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Dmitry
"Room stinks because of humidity"
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Dmitry
"Lovely, clean property located between to beaches"
This hotel is really beautiful. The staff is attentive and helpful. The rooms are very nice -- western-style shower with glass doors and hot and cold running water (as opposed to a wall-mounted water heater, like we had at other hotels in Thailand). The mini-friide was restocked with 2 bottles of water, one can of Coke, one beer and one juice box daily. Very nice salt-water pool with LED lights in the pool floor. We added on the breakfast, and were glad that we did -- it was a lovely spread of food, including pastries and fresh tropical fruits. The one drawback of the property is that you go downhill to either beach, which means that you need to walk home uphill. I would still stay here again, if we ever get back.
4 night romance trip May 14, 2013
Ann
it was a really nice, clean hotel in a great location. right between 2 great beaches that you can walk to. staff was really good too.
4 night romance trip Apr 29, 2013
Near the beach, but no beach views. Busy road next to the nice open air restaurant. Nice pool. Very clean.
3 night trip Feb 10, 2013
"great for beach lovers"
As the hotel was just opening when we arrived and was still unfinished, there were a few issues with work ongoing and workers allover the place,hence a 3 for condition or maintenance of the hotel. The rooms are lovely as are the bathrooms. There was no food available apart from breakfast which was very expensive for what there was. again this was because of the fact the hotel was just opening. The beach is only a couple of minutes walk away which is good as there is only room for 9 sunbeds around the pool which will cause problems when the place fills up. The walk down to the beach and town is quite dangerous as there are no footpaths as such and as the tuk tuks charge 200 bahts per trip this can be expensive. The hotel is on a steep hill, so anyone with walking difficulties should bear this in mind.
2 night family trip Jan 19, 2013
Rose

very good!i like so much!
1 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2015
yong rui
"average"
What I liked about this place: - Nicely decorated - Good bed - Spacious enough room - Balcony - Few minutes walk from beach and restaurants - Beach towels availaible in the room What I dislike about it: - Located next to the road. - Swimming pool is right next to the parking and the road, so you won't get much privacy. Everyone can spot you, definitely not relaxing. - Breakfast was poor (especially bad cofee) - Noisy air con in the room, so it can be disturbing if you're a troubled sleeper like me. - No storage room to keep your luggage if you arrive early or leave late. Luggage are kept in the lobby next to the main entrance. Wouldn't leave my valuable items... Overall, I am not sure I would stay here again. I would probably try a different hotel.
4 night romance trip May 13, 2015
jessica
"Unique great hotel, close to beach"
I checked into Sugar Marina Nautical with my teenage daughter, and very surprised to find such a unique hotel just in the beginning of uphill Kata Noi rd. Staff were very friendly and attentive. I like how the whole hotel is staying with the theme. Hotel room has a big balcony facing the sea. It was just a pleasant stay.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
endah
SG
"Nice hotel, disappointing staff service"
The look and style of the hotel is lovely, with all rooms and premises all decked out in a cute nautical theme. The pool area does not get much sun, but the beach us just a few minutes walk away. The breakfast was good, but we all had slightly upset tummies during our stay. On the last day we suspect we may have seen the reason as we noticed that birds were flying into the open air restaurant area and standing on the food when it was left unattended, even in the omelette mix! Also, we saw staff passing around food and giving it a sniff trying to decide if it was off! The staff were mostly disinterested, playing with their phones most of the time. The room was quite dusty and not cleaned very well. Also, the staff were not particularly happy to give us a double room, even though this was what we had booked, suggesting we may prefer a twin on more than one occasion (I was with my husband and it was as if they had not had a gay couple stay there before!). On several occasions some staff burst into laughter after we walked past. It did make us feel a little uncomfortable and it was surprising for this to happen in Thailand.
Darren
"Comfortable stay at Sugar Marina!"
I had a wonderful 4-night stay at Sugar Marina - Nautical in Kata Beach! Highlights include a friendly staff, amazing breakfast buffet, and nicely decorated & comfortable guest rooms. This small resort is affordably priced, but doesn't cut corners on comfort and service. Win-win!
4 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Kellyn
"excellent stay"
Had a excellent 4 day stay , close enough to south side of beach ,but motorcycles available close by should you need one.
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Christiaan
ZA
"Awesome hotel!"
I stayed in the pool access room for 4 nights. Room is very nicely decorated, hotel staffs were really nice and the pool is really beautiful. Would definitely return to this hotel when I'm in Phuket again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Elena
SG
"Nice hotel with different concept/interior"
My trip to Phuket for a period of 5D4N where 2 nights stayed with Sugar Marina Hotel - Nautical. It was a pleasant & memorable experience with their friendly and helpful receptionist. Breakfast is simple however it's great for a start of the day. The room that I've booked is pool access, fully equipped with the basic necessity inclusive of beach towels, beach mat & slippers.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Chel
MY
"Great hotel, but location could be better"
We stayed here for 4 nights. The room: clean and modern. Lovely nautical decor, good aircon and wifi, good bathroom. The only downside is that the water temp in the shower fluctuates a lot - doesn't seem to stay on a consistent temp. The hotel: also clean and today. The staff were very friendly - helped us book phi phi island tour and AirPort transfers. Breakfast was excellent! Didn't swim in the pool (went to Kata beach 5mins down the road instead), but it looked lovely and enticing all the same. Overall, the staff and amenities at this hotel were very good. The only reason I probably wouldn't stay here again is the location. This hotel is located at the Southern end of kata beach, up the hill, and the walk to shops/restaurants/beach is along a narrow and busy street. Would probably prefer to stay somewhere a little more central.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Tiffany
"Peaceful and very close to Kata beach"
Overall very nice hotel with professional staff. Nice location
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Nice Hotel, close to all holiday requirements"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Sugar Marina Resort, the only bad thing I have to say is when we first checked in I felt so rushed and I didn't even get to have my arrival drink due to this.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Kat and Nick
"You have gotto go there when in Kata !!!"
I was there for 3 weeks and it did not disappoint. Everything about the place was great. The pool at night time was magical as it lit up the floor. Its on the edge of Kata Beach which is far enough to stay in the action but far away to escape it as well. A great place to relax and highly recommend. Thank you to all the staff involved ;0)
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel"
Stayed at the Nautical for 3 nights and had an excellent time. Breakfast was very good and other meals terrific. Staff were friendly and welcoming.Would stay here again if I return to Kata Beach. I was most impressed with this hotel.
3 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
Lee T
"Everything we wanted in a hotel!"
You get excellent service right from when you step off your taxi. They will try their best to accommodate your requirement. We were there really early in the morning, and they even managed to check us in to our room. Breakfast was o.k, but they do provide minibar replenished daily which you can have without any extra charges! I don't even get this type of service from a 4* hotel! The pool was clean, bed were extra comfy, room were huge! They also provide umbrellas in each room, just in case if you wanted to go out when it rains. Will be coming back again for sure :)
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Fairuz
Smart new hotel nicely furnished. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Unfortunately the wifi logged you out everytime you went out and you had to reenter the password etc. it was also quite slow. One other thing was that check-in took ages as we only had the booking number on the screen of the phone (they had a print out of my booking as well) and I had to log on to wifi and get an email to mail them my reservation for them to print my copy. frustrating, pointless and time consuming. This hotel and their sister hotel is the only place I have ever had to do this.
2 night romance trip Aug 25, 2014
Emily S
"Nice hotel close to beach"
Clean, tidy, good wifi, nice breakfast's, close to beach -once you find out how to get there. Hired scooter from a nice guy down the street on right hand side of road. Hotel staff could have better English & there was no information pack in room regarding amenities, map, instructions on how to get to beach, where to get Tuk Tuk/Taxi's / Bus etc We had a great time due to great weather & having been to Phuket before & found Hotel nice & comfortable with a great pool , not sure if we'd go back to Phuket again as this time were put off by being hassled in local markets & walking down St ...will see =)
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Mark & Ali
Clean and cosy.. friendly staff
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"Excellent Location and Hotel Quality"
The hotel staff were very accommodating. The breakfast buffet was one of the best that I have experienced. Everything you would ever want from Phuket is close by.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice Hotel less than 10 minutes walk from the beac"
a little disappointed with the swimming pool area. The actual pool is lovely, clean and large, but the sun beds do not really get the sun.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Becky
"Really near kata and kata noi beach"
Enjoyable. Staff (especially the female with short hair) was really helpful
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
SG
A perfect location for us, away from the busier part of kata but only a very short walk away. Impressed by proximity to the beach, only a few minutes away via a cut through at the side of the road. Staff were very friendly and helpful and reception service was swift. Breakfast was good and there was always fresh fruit, juices and breads available as well as an egg station and a variety of Thai type dishes too. A great value and well run hotel. Thank you for a lovely stay.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
JP
This hotel was perfect. It is very new and very modern especially compared to most SE Asia hotels. Compared to the price of hotels on the beach, the location was really close for getting to Kata Beach. The amenities were great. Free WiFi in the room and free minibar items everyday. The neighborhood is very family friendly. The breakfast was pretty good and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The pool is very nice too especially at night. Great hotel! Would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
"Central to restaurants and the beach"
Good quality hotel and friendly staff. Up hill not good for older people.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
Really enjoyed our stay. Staff and all the hotel facilities were very good. Will go back again.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Good service"
Exceeded my expectations. Very new and clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful and most importantly, can speak good English.
4 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Dt
SG
Nice hotel, breakfast is good with polite staff, enjoyed during vacation. Will recommend
3 night family trip Dec 6, 2013
"Great boutique hotel."
We have had a great experience here. Have decided to stay longer and enjoy the beach. We much prefer Kata Noi beach over Kata Beach. Less crowded.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"place to relaxe and enjoy with your family"
It was great the only disadvantage is the wi-fi.
10 night trip Oct 18, 2013
dr/adil
"Quiet hotel walking distance to the beach"
We had a wonderful stay at sugar marina. Excellent value for money. Short walk to both kata and kata noi beaches. The staff go out of their way to accommodate the guests. 5 star hotel for a fraction if the price.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Wonderful stay!"
I have stayed at many posh hotels before but Sugar Marina really did impress me. The rooms were gorgeously decorated, the sheets were of quality, and the staff provided great service. The hotel was also very conveniently located, about 5-10 minutes away from the beach and convenience stores. My only gripe is that it is perched in the middle of a hill, which made it a pain to walk to. Else wise, the hotel is fantastic, and extremely value for money!
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Fel
"Sugar marina July 2013"
Very friendly staffs. Nice pool. Not too cold at all times. Would be better if they have motorcycles rentals or any arrangement with a trusted one.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Nedroc
SG
"Modern decor and fantastic service"
This is the second time we have stayed at the Sugar Marina. The hotel is new and the service is excellent. I highly recommend this fantastic hotel. The beds are the most comfortable that we have had in more than three years travelling around Asia.
2 night trip May 12, 2013
Garry and Wendy
"Good hotel for a family or a couple"
My girlfriend and I stayed in this new hotel which opened earlier this year. Staff are eager to help and the location is very good as you have you a choice between the more busy Kata beach (5 mins walk downhill) or a quieter Kata Noi beach (10 mins walk uphill then downhill). The hotel room is of decent size for the price and all rooms have a balcony or direct access to the pool if you are on the ground floor. There are half a dozen rooms with beach veiw as well - so try and book those if you can. As with many other hotels in the area the main occuparnts (I'd say 70%) are Russian families or couples, we've only seen a handful of fellow Brits during our time there. All were well bahaved nevertheless and we didn't experience any noise or other problems in the 2 weeks we've been there. Hotel food and drink is slightly pricey compared to others in the vicinity but the quality is very good. Lots of good places to get a massage a couple of bars and a tuk tuk (taxi) service less than 1 min walk (dont forget to drop 100-200 bhat at least to whatever price they tell you).
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
Alex
"great value"
nice room, free upgrade, booked with great discout and value for money. service is prompt
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2013
SG
"Comfy beds & Fantastic service."
The room is big and cleanliness, the bed is so comfy. The service staff is very helpful and they have a fantastic service.
3 night romance trip Apr 22, 2013
"definitely recommendable"
this hotel has definitely been one of the best hotel I've stayed in! From what I know it is one of the newest hotel around the area. The price you pay is definitely worth the buck! Nice rooms, clean bathroom, free amenities such as gym, pool, breakfast, free wi-fi, and even drinks at your hotel room! The room itself have nice cozy feel, with interiors mimicking a sailor-theme. I cannot tell you how beautiful the place is!!! it just is! The only catch of this hotel is that it doesn't have a direct access to the beach and you had to walk around 2-3 minutes going to the beach. small catch for a good place! But there was an instance when they had to charge us for an extra person who stayed in the room. We were 3 person in the room thinking that one could sleep in the sofa but when they knew that there is an extra person staying in the room (compared to the usual 2 person per room) they had charged us extra payments. We agreed thinking they give us an extra bed that would come with the payment but instead we just paid and got the same set-up where my other friend still had to sleep in the sofa. So check with the hotel first before making reservations. But all in all, it is a recommendable hotel for it's price, quality and location!
2 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2013
jamie
PH
"Not worth the price"
Inaccurate description of rooms. No garden at all. Deluxe garden view that we got was lookibg at a wall. First room was very dirty with cobwebs and stained sheets and dirty floors and hair in the shower. Only got to change it the next day as out of rooms. Buffet breakfast was poor with poor quality food. Staff were helpful in arranging airport transfer and contacting tour agents. Location was alright. No direct access to beach but easy 5 minute stroll downhill.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013