All hotels in Milford Haven, Wales, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereScoveston, Milford Haven, Wales, SA73 1HL, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

Everything you could ask for in a B&B - warm welcoming hosts, lovely setting and rooms, excellent breakfast. One of the best we've stayed in!
3 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
"perfect B&B"
If you are looking for an ideal B&B experience, search no longer. Scoveston Grove is as good as B&Bs get, and even better. If I could give it six stars out of five, I would still be asking if I could give seven. The owners, Sue and Ray, are extremely hospitable and helpful but not invasive. Everything is very clean. Our room was rustic, as it should be in a place like this, but the bathroom facilities were absolutely modern. The breakfast was delicious (make sure you try their Glamorgan sausage, which is not a real sausage, but a vegetarian dish - it is fantastic). Overall, the place felt absolutely like home.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Alex
"Charming B&B with outstanding host"
Sue was warm and welcoming and an outstanding cook. Bedrooms were beautifully decorated, very clean, and up to date while maintaining a vintage charm.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Dorene

"Charm and great hospitality"
Friendly greeting and fabulous breakfast, and a quiet, out-of-the-way setting. Very helpful hosts.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
peter
Better than most hotels I have stayed in. Fantastic service, clean room, large choice of breakfast, tea and cake on arrival. A little gem.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
"Great B and B"
Excellent in all aspects. Will use again and recommend.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Excellent B&B"
Well, the previous night we stayed at Hilton near Birmingham - to be perfectly honest this B&B exceeds it easily. The keepers were the nicest people one can ever come across, the facilities were clean modern and well maintained, the rooms were cozy and furnished with good taste. Everything was kept to an incredibly high standard, though the jewell in the crown was the breakfast. It mainly consisted of homegrown ingredients, the cakes were freshly baked, the bread as well, the jams were delicious... Well, the only danger is that by staying here one inevitably would put a few pounds on, but who cares? it's worth it after all!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Dimitar
ALL PERFECT THE ROOM SUE AND RAY FOOD SIMPLY THE BEST
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
JOAN MANN
"Simply Brilliant"
I did not know what to expect when I drove down the lane to Scoveston Grove, but I certainly didn't imagine I would have found the gem that I discovered on Hotels.com. When I drove up I was welcomed by the owners Sue and Ray who offered tea and Barabrith, which was served next to the wood burning stove. On booking I had not realised that the property was a B & B but Sue offered a number of suggestions of where I could eat and also offered to make me something. I took her up on her offer and chose to have an omelette which was fresh and really flavoursome. My room was extremely comfortable and had a number of very thoughtful touches e.g. bottles of water in the fridge on the landing, home made biscuits and full size shower gel. Breakfast was the best I have had in any hotel recently and I stay in a lot of hotels throughout the year. Would I recommend Scoveston Grove? Absolutely - I only wish I could have stayed longer!
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
Gillian
"One Night Stay"
Very pleasant location and with very nice, clean well decorated accomodation. Nice breakfast with plenty of choice with a wide range of home made and locally sourced ingrediants. The hosts couldn't do enough to make my stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. I would be more than happy to recommend this to family and friends if they were looking for great quality affordable accomodation in this area.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Tony W
"Well-run B&B"
Warm and helpful owners. Clean and comfortable rooms. Tasty meals. Good location for day-trip exploration of Pembrokeshire.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
G
"welcoming"
lovely location yet near tourist spots
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
NZ
"Great B & B"
Only stayed one night for business purposes and could not recommend highly enough this B & B. Very friendly people who were extremely accommodating during my short stay. I arrived late at night and was offered refreshment, a real home from home. Great breakfast too.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Best B&B we ever stayed at !"
All the reviews on TripAdvisor were excellent, so our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. The welcome from Jake the dog was added to a fresh cup of tea and cake! The room was so comfortable, and breakfast was to die for ! Will be back ourselves, and thoroughly recommend it for anyone.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"woderful stay"
Lovely hosts,idyllic location,fantastic breakfasts,rooms were spacious and well equipped. the great weather ensured this was a special holiday. the room information pack ensured we ate well each evening and visited a variety of local beaches and places of interest during the day , definitely worth a visit .
7 night family trip Jul 15, 2013
welshman81
"Pembrokeshire's best B & B"
This Guest House should be the standard that all others should be made to adhere to. Nothing was too much trouble, even to the point of rescuing us when we got lost. They went above and beyond of what we expected. The food was delicious and nearly all locally supplied or home grown. Their home cooking was a big success and if we had stayed any longer my husband would have to have been put on a diet. We wish them all the very best and will be recommending them to all who would like a break in Wales.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Barbara & Tony
"An excellent B&B in a rural setting."
A very enjoyable experience and I can highly recommend it.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Tranquil location"
A lovely welcoming converted farm house which has kept a lot of it's old charm while still offering some well furnished modern rooms. A very high standard of cleanliness with a lot of thought put into the stay. I was offered tea and cake on arrival and also found fresh welshcakes and milk in my room. All food seems to be home made with a very friendly and welcoming host. I'm hoping to return in the summer with my family to try out the self catering accommodation that the owner also runs. A lovely stay in rural surroundings. The only downside is the rough farm driveway but even my Mini managed it okay!
1 night trip May 13, 2013
"Fantastic service, beautiful room"
Can't wait to come back!
2 night business trip May 15, 2013
"WARM and Welcoming! Amazing host"
If you are looking for chill out and you want to try some of the local specialities...this is the place! WE were amazed by the host, whe is extreamly nice and friendly. Rommes were splendid and extreamly clean. Overall 5 out of 5!
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Kate

"Bestes Frühstück in Wales"
Nach einer etwas ruppeligen ca. 100 m langen Zufahrt sind wir ganz toll empfangen worden. Das Zimmer, das ganze Haus waren mit viel Liebe eingerichtet, mit allem was man benötigt, sehr sauber und herrlich ruhig. Sue und Roy waren herzlich und hilfsbereit und ganz großartig war das Frühstück mit Biozutaten aus der Region, zum Teil selbstgemacht und mit allem was man sich nur vorstellen kann. Wenn wir wieder einmal in der Region sind werden wir jedenfalls wieder da wohnen!
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
AT
"Servicio extraordinario. No podria esperar mas."
Excelente desde el momento del arribo hasta la despedida despues del desayuno inmejorable. La habitacion comoda. limpia y funcional con miles de detalles pensando en el huesped. Excelentes sugerencias y mapas para visitar las lindisimas playas cercanas. no dejen de conocer Little Haven, un verdadero paraiso cercano.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2013
pufibarco
AR
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
2 night business trip May 15, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Scoveston Grove B&B

"The best experience"
05/31/15 Z4500MYdianem London, Ontario
Sue and Ray are the most congenial hosts you could want. They provided us with lots of information about Pembrokeshire, and made phone inquiries on our behalf for questions they couldn't answer. The breakfasts are outstanding--many options to choose from, and everything delicious as Sue is a fabulous cook. The rooms are exceptionally lovely--beautifully decorated, well-appointed, spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are spacious, and the beds are comfortable. Their B&B is in a quiet rural setting, but only minutes from town.
"Best B&B I've ever stayed at!"
05/31/15 Colin L London, United Kingdom
I can't say enough good things about my stay here. I completely mirror ChrisHeels previous comments (I was one of the other divers staying that weekend). Often we miss breakfast due to our early starts but this wasn't a problem which considering how amazing hey were was a real blessing! I will be booking well in advance next time I know I'm visting the area again
"Best little B &B in the west"
05/27/15 pamsays Crewe, United Kingdom
The moment you arrive at this charming B & B you know this is going to be a great stay. Met by your hosts with tea and delicious home made cake you are made most welcome. Throughout my stay nothing was too much trouble for them. Bedroom was charming, very comfortable beds and a well stocked tea tray including scones replaced daily, and fresh milk not those silly little cartons usually supplied. Breakfast was cooked to order and with lots of choice, most enjoyable. The surrounding area to the house was quite beautiful - perfect for a quiet stay. Could not find fault with anything, just wish they did an evening meal. Will definitely stay again.
"Absolutely Loved Scoveston Grove"
05/26/15 ChrisHeels London, England
I don't think I could say enough good things about Scoveston Grove if I tried. I stayed over the bank holiday weekend with a group of divers going out of Milford Haven. Sue and Ray were incredibly accomodating and helpful. The rooms were spotless and comfortable with lovely views of the countryside (and countless rabbits outside). Little welshcakes left with the tea and coffee were much appreciated. Wi-fi worked well too. Location is an easy 10 minute drive from Milford Haven and worth it for the beautiful setting in a quiet location. Breakfast was incredible. A large range of choice from a locally sourced full english (or welsh?) breakfast which was clearly made form good ingredients, to breakfast cibattas, salmon and eggs or even the offer of an off menu chickpea pankcake to keep the vegetarian amonst us interested. The vegetarian Glamorgan sausages are also not to be missed...I'm pretty sure one of our group got the recipe which I shall be chasing up. I should probably stop raving about the breakfast now, but it's really really really good. Sue should definitley consider entering the great british bake off with her skills in baking. Spoke with Sue about the gluten free mentioned on the menu and she explained the segregated area and separate gluten free toaster etc. I'd be very confidednt to bring my, extermely sensitve to gluten, coeliac girlfriend along next time I am down that way. In short, Lovely place, lovely people and very highly recommended.
"Perfect"
05/17/15 David S
Third time that we have stayed with sue,Ray,and jake,and was perfect as normal.if you ever visit this area,you cannot go wrong by staying with this lovely couple.the b&b is spotless,rooms are lovely and comfortable,and Sue and Ray can't do enough for you.
"Highly recommended!"
05/15/15 Kath J Cardiff, United Kingdom
We stayed at the lovely Scoveston Grove when we visited Skomer Island to see the puffins. The B&B is about a 30 minute drive from Martin's Haven where the boat to Skomer Island docks. The Scoveston Grove is a really convenient country retreat and lovely place to stay. Sue and Ray are incredibly accommodating and went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We were welcomed with tea and homemade cake and given lots of useful information . Ray also gave us a lift to a local restaurant. Sue's breakfast is fantastic. The ingredients are locally sourced and there is a wide choice of cooked breakfasts including a wonderful vegetarian option with Sue's own very tasty Glamorgan sausages. She toasts her own bread (many different varieties) and this is served with a choice of homemade jams and lemon curd. She also makes her own wonderful granola - delicious. Thank you Sue and Ray, we'll definitely be staying here again.
"The best B&B we have stayed in."
05/06/15 L B Herefordshire, United Kingdom
This is a fabulous place to stay. Very friendly couple. The welcome was a lovely addition. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The bed was the best we have slept on, in fact we slept amazingly. Breakfast was amazing, from home made jams, lemon curd and bread to the best smoked salmon and poached egg on toast ever. This is the place to go. All B&B owners should stay here to get tips on how to treat people and how to deliver incredible standards. We will be staying here again for sure.
"Perfect relaxing weekend away"
05/04/15 Poppy R
Set in a beautiful part of Pembrokeshire with all the local attractions you could want, plenty of wildlife and history the B&B was exactly what we wanted for a bank holiday weekend getaway. Beautiful rooms in a secluded area, so no street noise. Sue and Ray made us feel very welcome from the first moment we arrived (which was very late in the evening, not a bother to them - traffic is the way it is) with a welcoming fire and a wonderful house. The breakfast was superb, homemade granola, breads and baked beans (plus many more homemade delights) made a wonderful breakfast each day, with all locally sourced meats and eggs for cooked breakfast too. Sue and Ray had thought of all the little extras making this one of the nicest places to stay. I couldn't recommend them anymore. Between them they have extensive knowledge of the area, so can always recommend something to do in any weather. We cannot wait to find another excuse to visit Pembrokeshire and stay again! Thank you both again! Poppy and Adam
"One to remember!"
04/30/15 OldWoodie42 Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Very friendly and helpful e-mails from Sue convinced us that Scoveston Grove would be worth trying... and we were not disappointed. You might wonder where you are going as you make your way along the rather rough farm track to this B&B; but don't be put off. For us the cosy and comfortable accommodation and excellent breakfasts made up for less-than-wonderful weather in early March. Unfortunately we did not find out until too late that we could have asked for an evening meal, so we will have to return sometime to sample more of Sue's cooking, and we will.
"Lovely people in charming setting"
04/09/15 GrahamofLincolnshire
After a short drive down a muddy, rough track there appears Scoveston B and B! A pleasingly restored Welsh stone cottage where we felt looked after from the moment we arrived, as we were given afternoon tea and delicious homemade tealoaf by our hosts, Sue and Ray. Sue also makes all the bread, jam, cakes and croissants for the breakfast table. Breakfast is amazingly varied and delicious and we were given a going away pack of baked goodies and Sue's home-made granola. We also got lots of info on the best local walks. Incidentally, if you're an early riser, listen out for a lovely dawn chorus. Also we liked the cute pet Labradoodle, Sue and Ray have a relaxed, personable approach - they seem genuinely interested in their guests - and we really liked sitting outside at their picnic table chatting.. Be nice to return one day, thanks.