All hotels in Berlin, Germany
Koepenicker Str. 92, Berlin, BE, 10179, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
Everything about this hotel was impressive...I highly recommend it
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
matt d
"I would stay here again"
Everything about this boutique hotel was perfect. The front desk was always there to help us and the rest of the staff were so friendly. The room was great...I loved the decor. The toiletries and the very useful Moleskin notebook were also greatly appreciated. When I go back to Berlin, I'll stay here again.
5 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
Julia
"We love The Dude!"
A very pleasant stay at The Dude hotel. We were greeted with two glasses of champagne followed with small bottles of complimentary wine in our room. The room was large and nicely decorated, with a great view of the street. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly and approachable. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"So friendly!"
Best customer service I've seen and excellent food. Had a room with a twin bed, which I'm not used to, but the decor and functionality were spot on.
2 night business trip May 15, 2014
"We loved this place!"
What excellent service, rooms and location. It didn't seem like we were in a very "touristy" area, but the hotel is within walking distance to the train/lots of subways. The hotel has so much character and is very comfy. The amenities are very nice too! I don't normally use hotel shampoo/conditioner/lotion/body wash, but I used it here! The one small complaint I have is that there's no air conditioning unit in the room, and since our room was sun-facing most of the day it gets pretty hot in there. I think we were also in Berlin on one of the hottest days they've had though...so I'm not sure how much merit that has. Thanks for making our stay so relaxing and enjoyable.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2013
"Very good hotel"
Everything was perfect, the people very nice, nice room. My only critic is the size of the bathroom, a little small, especially con respect with the size of the room. Apart from that, everything was excellent.
4 night business trip Apr 25, 2013
"Superb Service and Nice Touches"
My wife and I spent a couple days at The Dude and we couldn't have been happier with the accommodations. It's only a two-minute walk from a couple subway stops in a quiet centrally-located neighborhood. The moment we walked through the door we experienced the exceptional service that persisted throughout our stay. The room itself overflowed with charm, this is what "boutique" should be. We loved this hotel and would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 22, 2013
Nate
"Rudest service ever"
I wrote a very nice and professional email expressing my feedback about the hotel. 1) As a business traveler, the desks are too small, 2) The beds are too hard. 3) The shower water is inconsistent. 4) The receptionist picked up the phone and told my boyfriend to call back in 10 min. when he was calling internationally and had to go to a meeting. The response I received from the managing director of the hotel was incredibly unprofessional and rude. It made excuses for everything, told me that the receptionist made my b/f wait 2 min. not 10, and ended with "All in all, we fully understand that our hotel's philosophy (which was created by Alexander Schmidt-Vogel, a former advertising boss travelling around the globe) is not what you prefer. And if the Westin Grand suits your needs better - this is fine for everybody. Because what we don't want at all are unsatisfied guests." I have since moved to the Schlosshotel. The price is similar the service and hotel far superior. Stay from this property.
4 night business trip Apr 19, 2013

"Home away from home"
Great little hideaway in a quiet neighbourhood in Kreuzberg. You barely ever bump into other guests, can only access the hotel by ringing a doorbell and are pretty much comfortable and private in this charming renovated townhouse. Adjacent steak house "The Brooklyn" is a little on the pricey side, but serves amazingly good New York style cuts, some of the best I've had this side of the atlantic. The mini bar could be a bit more expansive and the quality of the breakfast more consistent, but service at the reception is among the friendliest and most professional I have encountered. Will definitely book again.
7 night business trip May 7, 2015
"Escape from the Chain Hotel"
Good points 1.Smart,clean and stylish 2.Pleasant/approachable staff 3.Central for most parts of Berlin Bad point 1. Pay extra for the superior double and avoid ground floor... Still smart but bathroom is tiny~tiny
3 night trip Feb 5, 2015
stephen
"Gateway to Berlin"
First time in Berlin. Great introduction. The staff were particularly helpful.
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"exceptional, stylish and comfortable hotel"
Beside metro, and a great base for exploring Berlin. Walking distance to many sites too. Staff and hotel were great!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
30's couple
"Short break in a fabulous city"
The staff at The Dude were incredibly helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Lots of advice on where to go and how to get there. My only reason to mark down the hotel was that they forgot to clean my room one day but it didn't bother me terribly. The room has everything you need, from a personal Nespresso machine with pods (though no milk if you need it) and there was some complimentary wine and liquorice when I arrived. Nice Molton Brown products in the bathroom. I stayed in a junior single room which is a bit small but again no big deal. The view from the window was of a derelict empty building but that is Berlin for you! Breakfast is not cheap but the service is fabulous and the food delicious. I particularly enjoyed the muesli with fresh fruit and yoghurt.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Carole
Staff really friendly.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
SY
"Character plus!"
A fantastic hotel hidden in a rather quiet back street. Great friendly staff kooky decor great attached steak house. Unfortunately only one type of room ( no twin rooms)
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2014
Francis
NZ

"A weekend in August"
Small and personal hotel which was the opposite of the what you get from the large chains. Personal and friendly service. You pay a bit extra for the smallness of the hotel, if that is what you are after then it is worth it.
4 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Per
SE
"Very nice - but room small and no a/c"
Very nice and effective reception and delicious breakfast made to order. Excellent location.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
eric
DK
Mysigt hotell för en romantisk vistelse. Hotellet låg i ett lugnt kvarter en 15 min promenad ifrån Alexandersplatz.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Johan
"Berlin på sitt beste"
Veldig vennlig og serviceinnstilt personal. Bekveme senger og flott bad. Ganske stort rom i tredje etasje ut mot gaten men ble ikke forstyrret av trafikk. Gangavstand til Alexanderplatz. En veldig god opplevelse i likhet med resten av Berlin. Kan virkelig anbefale The Dude og personalet der :-).
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Fredrik
"parfaitement situé pour visiter tout Berlin à 2"
séjour en famille autour du 1er mai avec 3 ados qui renâclent à marcher. donc forte valeur ajoutée du U-bahn (2 stations avec 2 lignes différentes) et de la proximité des principaux sites. prendre absolument un forfait transports, les tickets à l'unité sont hors de prix. 30 euros de taxi depuis Tegel. très bonne isolation phonique vers l'extérieur, un peu moins bonne à l'intérieur. attention, pas de chambre triple: SNCF.com nous avait vendu un séjour pour 5, avec 3 lits dans une chambre (le plus jeune a 11 ans), mais il a fallu prendre sur place une chambre individuelle supplémentaire.
Other trip May 4, 2015
FR
Lage des Hotels ist schlecht; Zimmer klein, Blick in den Innnhof, der eine einzige Baustelle ist. Preis-/Leistungsverhältnis nicht ok, auch wenn das Service nett ist.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
DE
"Super gemütlich und intimes Hotel"
Das Hotel ist in einem typischen Berliner Haus und ist für Geschäftsreisende die eine intime Atmosphäre bevorzugen ideal.
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"A new favourite!"
What a great experience it was to come to this hotel. Located close to everything I wanted to see in Berlin, this charming hotel hade just about everything I wanted in a good hotel in a big city. The room was quite big for a single, with a comfertable bed and a minibar stacked with Georg Breuer wines, one of my favourite German wine makers. A nice restaurant in the hotel that served good american style food, a great breakfast and good internet all over the hotel, but best of all: the service. It was like visiting good friends. When leaving i found myself missing the staff more than this great city. I shall certainly return!
3 night trip Feb 4, 2015
John Kaare
"soggiorno a berlino in una location particolare"
sono stata al the dude per 3 notti ...fantastico hotel in una zona tranquilla ma comoda ai servizi di trasporto . personale molto gentile ..un grazie particolare al Sig Francesco della reception con i suoi preziosi consigli ...in italiano .
daniela b.
IT
"Hotellet jeg gjerne kommer tilbake til"
Et fantastisk hotell med mange spennende detaljer! Servicen var svært rask og vennlig, og over all forventning, prismessig er dette hotellet noe av det ypperste jeg har vært på i forhold til sammenlignbare hoteller. Egentlig kan de ikke sammenlignes med tanke på den herlige servicen, gåavstand til Alexanderplaz (ca 10 min), rolig strøk, nydelig frokost (ikke inkludert), og rommet med sine detaljer, gode seng, gullene rent, kvalitetssåper, sysett, føner osv
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Lene
"Very good hotel"
A very good and new hotel in a strategically very good location for all directions . The individual breakfast is a very nice service.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Sonja
Ein wunderschönes stilvolles Hotel sehr nah am Zentrum. Die Umgebung des Hotels ist noch sanierungsbedürftig, trotzdem toller Aufenthalt. Der Service ist excellent!!!! Das Frühstück ist nicht preiswert, aber alles ist frisch zubereitet und von höchster Qualität.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Individuelles, diskretes Boutique-Hotel"
Ein Haus mit sehr persönlicher Note, gepflegt und voller ausgefallener Ideen. Komfortabel und ruhig, sehr günstige Innenstadtlage zwischen zwei auf Berlin-Mitte, Kreuzberg und den Westen zentrierten U-Bahnlinien. Auch nach der dritten Nacht ist man noch gern da. Frühstück teuer, à la carte und am Tisch serviert. Vieles an der Dekoration überzeugend, aber ein paar krasse Stilfehler mit sinnloser Verbindung von Plastikstühlen mit viktorianischen Neobarock-Sesseln. Da hat der Innenarchitekt danebengehauen.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Wunderbares kleines Hotel."
Sehr schönes kleines Hotel. Sehr freundlicher und kompetenter Service. Geschmackvolle Zimmer und eine gute, ruhige Lage. Top für einen Hauptstadt Trip.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
DE
Vänlig och serviceinriktad personal. Bra skick på mysigt litet hotell och närhet till bra restaurant.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
"The Dude"
Great little hotel with friendly staff and in a quiet neighborhood. I spent a few nights at this hotel and I have to say that it was probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. It has clean and fresh rooms, great hospitality and a roomservice menue that really surprised me, you could tell that the kitchen staff really takes pride in their work. Complementary bottle of wine and a little moleskin notebook were part of the welcome gifts. Super apriciated. The nearest subway station is only a block away and you'll be at Alexander Platz in a few minutes. You can also walk to Brandenburger Tor and the museums on Museumisel in about 20-30mins depending on your pace. I'll give this hotel 5/5 stars in my book. Will definetly return here the next time I'm in Berlin. One of a kind place.
3 night trip Nov 12, 2013
Emil
"Klein und fein !"
Unser Hotelaufenthalt war angenehm. Die Zimmer sind originell eingerichtet! Das Personal ist sehr freundlich. Das angeschlossene Bistro ist ein super Tip - Preis -Leistung hier 5 Sterne ! Einziger negativer Punkt- die Zimmer sind sehr hellhörig.
Other trip May 13, 2013
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Dude Hotel

"Great place"
08/25/15 Laura123355
I liked the genuine service and feeling that we were guests at a friendly inn. Except we were in the middle of Berlin! The area is quiet and a bit of a retreat after a day of exploring. Patricia at the front desk was lovely and Antonio in the resturant gave us some great local tips. Would highly recommend.
"Quirky hotel pampers guests in Berlin"
08/01/15 Judith M Tampa, Florida, United States
Beginning with the friendly check-in and welcome drink, this hotel satisfies. Our son and daughter in law live in Berlin and because she was pregnant, we received a little bottle of juice for her to enjoy with our toast. How thoughtful! The rooms are renovated with modern conveniences made charming by antiques and modern furniture in funky combinations. The only reasons it didn't rate 5 stars with me were no room air conditioners and plastic mattress pads which made warm rooms warmer. Luckily the street quieted at night so we could leave the windows open. Breakfast was not included but the staff and chef provided a delightful way to wake up in Berlin. I look forward to returning when our grandchild arrives in the winter. Conveniently located between two subway lines. Easy visiting!
"Cozy atmosphere"
07/28/15 Ana G
Lovely hotel, full of details that make it unique and create a really cozy atmosphere. And the staff is so friendly... Moreover, it's well comunicated with the city center and airport by metro. I also liked the guides you have available at the reception. Definitely a good choice!
"Great Hotel!"
07/10/15 Cathie B Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hotel was awesome- great decor and amenities. Staff was super helpful! Good location with a quiet street. The complimentary wine upon arrival was lovely and there was a coffee maker in the room which you don't often find. If you go to Berlin it will add to your experience.
"Excellent service"
07/06/15 TomDanger Frankfurt/Main
I would have given this hotel an "excellent" rating, but the rooms are a little small. BUT the service is extraordinary courteous. I came in in the evening and it seems that it was obvious that I had a stressful day. The warm welcome with a glass of champagne and some friendly words was something that you don't get in every hotel. The recommendation for having late dinner in "The Brookly" was excellent as well. In the room you will find some little extras like a small bottle of red wine or a Moleskine book. I recommended the hotel dozens of times. Try and you'll like it.
06/29/15 Diane_L444 California
Wonderful stay - very attentive and helpful staff, beautiful property. Located very conveniently to two underground stations. In a bit of a "transitional" neighborhood, but I always felt safe. Large rooms, very clean. Would definitely stay here again.
"Great and calm classy hotel"
05/26/15 Lenka1977 Tienen, Belgium
The Dude is a classy hotel in the calm part of Berlin only 2 stop away by metro from Alexander Platz. The interior of the rooms is beautiful and finer than most hotels. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are looking for something different from the "chain" hotels that look the same in every town!
"Marlene K. (May 6, 2015)"
05/11/15 Marlene K
We stayed 4 nights at The Dude. It is a very clean hotel; comfortable bed (although my husband does not really like the German concept of a separate comforter for each person!); the internet was weak at times, but that might be a problem with Berlin rather than with the Hotel); water was hot and plentiful; there is an elevator; there is a small fridge and safe; absolutely wonderful people at the registration desk-- they speak English, are totally friendly and knowledgeable, and want their guests to be comfortable and happy; the Hotel is close to two underground stations. Breakfast is not included in the price. We enjoyed the breakfast we had one morning, but if we return to Berlin, we will look for a hotel that includes breakfast in the room rate. The restaurant annexed to The Dude is very good with excellent choices and excellent wait staff: we had a delicious late night meal. However, if variety and price are important to you, keep in mind that other than the Hotel's own breakfast restaurant and the annexed dinner restaurant, there are NO other choices for breakfast OR dinner in the neighborhood. One must eat elsewhere and take the underground back to the Hotel. Alexanderplatz is a couple of stops away and is definitely lively with people, but not with restaurants that we were interested in. All sights bringing tourists to Berlin are reachable by the transportation system and The Dude certainly makes it easy to use the system.
"Hotel with a charm"
03/08/15 EveTheTraveller Espoo, Finland
Stayed at the Dude for two nights for a business trip. The hotel has character and it is cozy and clean. I stayed in a single room which had a lot of space, wooden floor and a nice little bathroom with Milton Brown products. Location is quiet since it is more like a residential area but it is a nice walk from Alexanderplatz and a bit longer to Kreuzberg. Breakfast is a la carte, but the selection is broad enough. Staff is very kind and helpful.
"great little hotel"
03/01/15 holsEngland england
The dude is a hidden treasure in a quiet part of berlin not far from the centre. If you want a very friendly and helpful staff, stylish and very comfortable room and bathroom this is the place for you. The hotel is like stepping into some ones quirky but cool house with staff who treat you like friends. It is the complete opposite of a large anonymous chain thank goodness!! Five minutes walk from the underground and 10/15 minutes into the centre so a good position for sightseeing.