All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
113 Trok Sin, Dinso Road, BorvornnivatePranakorn, BangkokBangkok10200Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great amenities
    Clean
    Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
Clean and comfortable but with some problems. First of all, I thought I booked a room at the Baan Dinso on a quiet side street of of Dinso Road. Instead, we had a room at the new Baan Dinso right on the noisy Democracy Monument Circle. Secondly, the lobby is in the basement and the elevator starts on the second floor. Therefore, you have to carry your luggage up (and down) four flights of stairs between the lobby and the second floor. Thirdly, we stayed 4 nights and never had hot water even though someone came to check it out on the second day. Fortunately, it was hot and humid so a cold shower felt OK.
4 night family trip Jun 20, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Overpriced!!!"
Good points: great location, hotel is cute and very quiet. OK: breakfast is simple and a bit boring, but nice. Bad: hotel is very expensive for the service we got, rooms and bathrooms are VERY small!!! Although we booked a triple room, we got a double room and got charged an extra 900 bhats x night (24Euro) for an "extrabed" which ended up being a very thin mattress in the floor of an already cramped room (total charge 3500 bats x night, nearly 100 Euro, just not worth it). Also, staff hardly speaks any English and can be difficult, I had to ask things over and over. Room is not made up everyday, we had to demand this. Overall, I would not stay here again for that price, I would if it was half of that.m
4 night trip Aug 16, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Bon emplacement, accueil de grande qualité"
L'hotel est situé dans un quartier très vivant, mais dans une ruelle à l'écart qui évite le bruit. Les grands sites touristique du vieux Bangkok peuvent se rejoindre à pied. L'hotel est impeccablement tenu et il a du charme. Les petits déjeuners en terrasse sont très agréables. Le personnel est très attentionné et on se sent vraiment bien accueilli. Les transports en commun (train aérien et métro) sont un peu loin, il faut donc prévoir large si on doit prendre un taxi. Je recommande sans réserve !
8 night business trip Dec 1, 2013
Jean-Pierre Jacquot
FR
"路地裏の気楽なプチペンション"
初めてではちょっと気が付きにくい場所ですが、わかってしまえば結構便利でわかりやすい場所です。若い女性の3人組や、老カップル、ガタイのいい白人の5人組など、口コミで来ているような雰囲気で、こじんまりとしたこぎれいな宿です。セフティボックスはありません。バンコクマラソンに行ったので、パスポートとクレジットカードと現金はウエストポーチに入れて走りました。部屋は古めかしい感じですが特に問題なく、若干隣の部屋の音とかが聞こえたかな。
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
ISAN
JP
"bon spot pour visiter bangkok"
salle de bain commune tres propre chambre agreable personnel serviable
2 night trip Nov 5, 2013
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Baan Dinso Hostel

"Lovely!"
03/30/16 BnB_Digs Hyattsville
This relatively inexpensive hostel provided a lovely, comfortable air-conditioned room followed by an elegant, satisfying breakfast the next morning before our visits to the Grand Palace and local Wats, which were quite close. Baan Dinso is also within walking distance to Khao San Rd, a hot tourist area. I loved Charlie's Massage there, where less than $5 buys some serious bliss.
"Great location, helpful staff and nice and clean rooms"
02/01/16 Adrian L
We stayed 5 nights and really enjoyed this hostel from all points of view: the rooms are clean and well arranged, the breakfasts are rich and tasty, location - great and the staff very kind and helpful (they let us deposit several bags for 3 weeks as we traveled to Cambodia). So - I suppose this is one of the best hostels in Bangkok.
"Loved my stay here!"
01/07/16 callee212 Cape Town, South Africa
I stayed here for 3 nights during January 2016 with my family. Such a beautiful old Thai house with lovely rooms and super friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious. Great location for first time visitors in Bangkok. Walking distance from the Grand Palace (1,5 - 2km), as well as various piers and other temples. Very close to Khao San road. Located in a quiet side street this place is like a secret oasis. Very peaceful! Loved it! Would definitely come back!
"Peaceful place in a convenient area"
01/03/16 Tripofmylife15 London, United Kingdom
We stay in Baan Dinso (Trok Sin) for 2 nights. The hotel situated in a very convenient are not far from Grand palace, Wat pho, Kao San Road, etc. Despite being in the heart of the city, this place is tuck away in a quiet little street which made us had a relaxing stay though out the nights. Three of their receptionist were very present and helpful. We will definitely return. Tar
"Best boutique hotel in Thailand!"
01/01/16 Beaufort50 Cambridge, United Kingdom
Very convenient location to visit Bangkok, extremely friendly and helpful staff, each room is unique and decorated with good taste. A perfect hotel which I will for sure visit again on my next visit to Thailand. breakfast was excellent and served on the front terrace nicely sheltered away from the busy Bangkok street.
"Peaceful and lovely stay"
12/30/15 lauranism Bogor, Indonesia
I stayed there for 2 nights, it was my first time in Thailand. The place is really making you feels like home, the free breakfast is amazing and the staff is really friendly and helpful as well. They are really nice to us, me and my mom got a free upgrade room to deluxe since the twin room's AC was not working properly. The location is not far from Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun, with a bit of walking you can reach these locations so you don't have to use public transport. Me and my mom really love this place and definitely will come back here for a lovely stay in Bangkok.
"Peacefu and quaint respite from Bangkok craziness"
12/24/15 angela133 Pandora Colorado
My stay at Baan Dinso Trok Sin was lovely. Ann, the receptionist was helpful in so many ways. She really made me feel like I was"home" every time I walked in the door. The teak home has character( though the original walls are NOT insulated and sound travels) and the neighborhood is quiet. What a treat to stay in the heart of Bangkok with NO street noise. I found that taking the river ferry and especially the Saen Saep canal ferry(just 10 minutes around the corner) could get me almost anywhere I needed to go, including to the sky train...faster and more culturally interesting than sitting in traffic. A lot of the temples and sites in the old city are walking distance away. The neighborhood is NOT a tourist neighborhood and I enjoyed getting up early and walking out onto the street to see the early morning liveliness of the local street scene. The breakfast was amazing; where else is there shrimp on the free breakfast menu? I can't wait to stay here again.
11/16/15 James P
The space room is suitable for hostel and good quality in kind of decoration and facilities. Very love the shower (high pressure) Toilet have 2room for take a bath and 2 more for make your business Breakfast quite delicious Overall is good I love it!! But the price is quite high if you stay in high season or some event...
"I love this place"
10/31/15 Julie_L14 Sydney
I've stayed here in two separate trips - first in 2012 and again in September/October 2015. It's a fabulous place to stay. Baan Dinso is located in a gorgeous traditional old wooden house that has been fully renovated. It's got lots of character, is wonderfully clean and very homely. There are four double rooms with own bathroom, and the remaining (5?) rooms share an upstairs toilet and downstairs two showers and two toilets for each sex. You never have to wait to use a toilet or shower as it's such a small cosy guesthouse. I love the fact that Baan Dinso is located in an 'ordinary' suburb - from the lovely friendly lady down the lane way that altered our trousers, to the neighbouring cats and overweight dog - it's just a nice area to stay in. It's not near the sky train, but it is very close to a whole raft of buses and canal boats. For instance, the no. 12 bus that goes to the Grand Palace runs down this street and takes maybe 10 minutes to get there. There are plenty of interesting neighbourhoods and sights within easy walking distance. There are plenty of food options in the street outside the guesthouse - from restaurants to cake shops, two 7Elevens and Baan Dinso's newer hotel also has a restaurant. Breakfasts are large and healthy - you get a whole tray full of different things to eat. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. They love to have long conversations about life, giving you an insight into modern Thai culture, and they really go out of their way to help you with the best way to get around the place. They will also always suggest places that are interesting nearby, if you are unsure of what to do. If you are even just a little bit interested in Thai people, how they live, Thai culture, architecture, getting to know the locals, and staying away from the tourist hordes, then this is a great place to stay.
"Keep calm and stay at Baan Dinso"
10/22/15 gkumarrahul New Delhi, India
Seriously! It is so unlike the rest of Bangkok that its unsettling. So very quiet, wooden floors, no shoes indoors policy, lots of cats outside the hotel tip toeing. The whole place is so well done and clean. The breakfast is great. And the staff are so nice, with their gorgeous smiles that you just can't stop feeling great. It is located about 100-200m from the Democracy Monument and there are lots of restaurants and eateries serving local fare around it, and there's a park nearby. Perfect place to wind down from the madness that is most parts of Bangkok.