All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
152 Ladprao 130, Ladprao Road, Klongjun, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10240, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.8
    2.8
"Greaat Stay!"
Great budget hotel very close to huge local shopping area. Convenient access to the city center via canal boat. The hotel exceeds our expectation.To go DMK, take buses 144.96 to Mo Chit(Chachuchak Market), then transfer A1.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Jung
"hated our stay"
The hotel lost our reservations than took an hour and a half getting us checked in. After having just flown for 20 hours it wasn't a very warm welcoming. The hotel smells horrible and the beds were hard as rocks. We checked out after one night and went to a much much nicer place for only about $6 USD more
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
miss
"inexpensive but minimal"
can be a great deal for the price but you need to have low enough expectations - large room, large bed, minimal sheets, hot water not constant, very plain decor, restaurants nearby, if you want an inexpensive stay and don't mind just the basics this is ok staff was friendly enough
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Nice but far away"
check in was little hard,,,, room charge i paid 13 dollar and they want deposit 10 dollar,,, and have nothing in room which is nearly 10 dollar but ok hotel nice
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
nick
"not happy"
This hotel was far from everything, nobody spoke English and hotel staff was rude.
3 night family trip May 6, 2014
"The worst hotel I've ever stay in Asia."
20 years ago, I travel Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou. I had bad experience there however this hotel was worse than them. First of all, NO WOTER. I checked in almost 2200. I was totally tired. At 1200, I decided to go to bed. when I began to blush my teethe, I realized the water stopped. Of course I called to the front desk, but the girl who was in charge just repeated "I'm sorry." I asked her to use bottled water (not free) but she could not understand what I mean. After 30 minutes she offered me to move the next building. She said it means upgrade. It's almost 0100 and I was exhausted. She said the water would come back in 30 minutes. So I told her that I'd like to stay there because I was tired. But she said she does not know what time the water come back this time. She told a lie. I had to agree to move across the road in the midnight. Next day, there did not clean my room. When I checked out, no apology. No offer anything during my stay (breakfast or ride). I demanded to them a discount but they said Expedia has to agree it and I have to demand to Expedia. I WILL NEVER USE EXPEDIA for Hotel reservation!
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Red

"don't recommend"
Staff don't told me about something happen with television Chanel. When we check in until we came back to the hotel. We reserved room 2 day. We stay here just 1 day and cancel to find another beside hotel. Too bad
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
hathairat
"Comfortable and Reasonable"
Weak points 1. They did not offer to help us we our luggage when we arrived. 2. Found baby cockroaches in our room and little insects. 3. Was not treated like a guest. Eg, they did not greet us when they saw us. 4. No utensils given. Only glasses. Good points 1. The pictures shown were exactly how our room look liked 2. Coffee is provided at the reception area from 8 to 12. 3. For the price you pay, it is worth it. 4. Air conditioner was functioning well. 5. There was a lot of tv channels 6. A small fridge is provided. 7.Quite a few food stalls nearby. Overall, the stay was pleasant and the strengths outweigh their weaknesses. I would definitely stay there again unless I find somewhere cheaper.
7 night family trip May 27, 2015
"fine"
ok
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"excellent atmosphere and staff."
relaxed and quiet ........front desk staff was very supportive.
2 night trip Mar 10, 2015
MERVAN THEODORE
"Dirty hotel rude staff"
I really bad hotel
1 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
"average hotel.."
U will get many other good deals in same rate.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Ritesh
"forgettable"
The room was very simple and dark(the sheets were lay in front of the window but we left te room in the morning and come back late in the evening.).The price was as low as the room. We were at the first time to Bangkok so it was a little far from the centrum.
3 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
BALAZS
"Pleasant"
Pleasant stay, ok for the price
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"hostel type with good security.. dark n dingy...."
stayed for 2 nights before moving on to travel...location is away from the busy mainstream road.. no bars or any facility in this place..found couple of bars.. apart from other hotels...
2 night trip Dec 9, 2014
P
"terrible"
One of the worst hotels I ever stayed in. When I arrived they wanted B300 deposit for the key. Little did I know it was not for the key it was for the mini bar that wasn't there. They said when I was leaving that I had consumed B280 of their non existing mini bar. What a bunch of thieves. I would not recommend that place to my worst enemy.
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Charmaine
"Good Service"
The room is clean enough and do housekeeping everyday and staffs are very helpful and cheerful. Sweet and great service. I will be back
4 night trip May 18, 2014
Leik
SG
"Value for money"
Rooms are clean and comfortable. Visited this hotel many times and still not fail my expectations
1 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2014
SG
"Good lactation near the mall."
Overall ok. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
joe
"grand mandarin"
Not bad but not great. Friendly staff. Room was a bit oldfashioned. Waaaay outside bangkok exoect to pay 500 baht on taxis everyday
4 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2013
dave
"Don't go here"
The hotel is in the middle of the worst part of Bangkok ....we walked in and the staff were not helpful at all we walked to our room opened the door and it smelt like urine laid on the bed felt like a morgue slab and a rock for a pillow worst ever ....... Don't go there oh we did not stay we walked out
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
lee
"Review"
Good and cheap hotel to stay... Affordable price Good and cheap hotel to stay... Affordable price Good and cheap hotel to stay... Affordable price Good and cheap hotel to stay... Affordable price
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
IN

"Hotel ist keinesfalls zu empfehlen"
Dieses Hotel hat auf keinen Fall "3Sterne" verdient. Es liegt total abseits, es sind 7km mit dem Taxi bis zu nächsten U-Bahn Station und von dort auch nochmal 30 minuten bis ins Zentrum zu gelangen. Die Zimmer sind nicht sauber, in meinem Zimmer war nicht einmal Toilettenpapier, die Nasszelle ein einiger Witz. Keine Handtücher, lediglich ein 5-Liter Boiler mit einem Schlauch als Dusche. Ein Fernseher aus den 80er Jahren, Bildschirmdiagonale von vielleicht 45cm. Hinter dem Hotel steht eine stinkende Kloake. Kurz gesagt, ich werde niemals mehr in diese Hotel gehen. Hatte 6 Übernachtungen gebucht, habe aber vorzeitig ausgecheckt und auf eigene Kosten mir ein anderes Hotel gesucht.
Other trip May 14, 2015
volkmar
"Overraskende godt"
Vi fandt dette hotel via nettet,da vi efter at have været oppe nordpå ved familien,skulle tilbringe de sidste 3 dage i bangkok.Da vi sjældent opholder os på værselet,ville vi finde et billigt hotel. Vi gav 490 Bath pr værelse,så jeg var meget spændt på hvordan det var , da vi før havde prøvet et billigt hotel(Salinas) , som var mildest talt ubrugelig.Så stor var overraskelsen,da vi ankom,10 minutter til check in. Værelset var udmærket,med god aircondition og god plads.Vandet i bruseren løb lige langsom nok , syntes jeg,men til den pris , må man ikke forvente for meget.Lige udenfor hotellet er der rig mulighed for at spise,få massage,ordnet negle/hår.Spændende område at slentre rundt i.På Hotel.com`s side stod der at der var fri wifi,dette passer ikke,det koster 150 Bath pr dag eller 300 Bath for 3 dage. Samlet set,var vi meget tilfredse,når man tager prisen i betragtning,kommer gerne igen. Jens Ole Jensen Denmark
3 night family trip May 4, 2015
Jens Ole
DK
"slecht of niet sprekende personeel"
Bijna niemand van het personeel spreekt nauwelijks engels. Een boeking/reservering die ik heb gedaan via hotels.com was al een hele jaarwerk voor de personeel bij de receptive om dat te kunnen achterhalen. Iets wat in mijn begrippen max 2 min had moeten duren hebben we zij er 20 min erover gedaan. Helaas waren er ook geen koelkast aanwezig in het hotel. De kamer voorziet wel van een Airco,maar die is al 20 jaar geleden toe aan een vervanging. Werkt nauwelijks goed en zag er absoluut ook niet echt hygenisch uit.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2015
NL
"Aussicht auf stinkende Kloake!"
Das Zimmer war soweit in Ordnung, bis auf die Aussicht von Balkon. Die zeigte uns eine stinkende Kloake. Wiederlich! Wir haben über Expedia mit free WiFi gebucht, aber das Personal wollte das wir dafür bezahlen. Wir haben einen Aufstand gemacht und nach ewigem hin und her den Code bekommen. Beim auschecken mussten wir sogar für ein schmutziges Handtuch bezahen. Sehr unfreundliches Personal. Hotel nicht weiter zu empfehlen.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
c.e. und s. d.
"buen hotel"
muy buen hotel, muy comodo muy atento personal, pero la ubicacion es muy alejada de los sitios turisticos. pero es recomendable.
2 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2015
EDUARDO
CO
"Хороший отель"
Все аккуратно и хорошо! Большие номера, горячая вода, кондиционер, уборка вовремя и каждый день. Все мило и приветливо! Цена не велика, а качество хорошее!
3 night romance trip Jan 27, 2015
MARGARITA
RU
"NÃO RECOMENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Muito longe do centro, com aspecto de mal frequentado, com pessoas estranhas entrando e saindo. Quarto cheio de remendos e com cheiro estranho. Acabamos indo embora de tão ruim que era!!! NÃO RECOMENDO
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Renata
BR
"Ladprao"
It was ok for 470 bht A night Uppgrade to 530 or something and you get fridge in that room. Lad prao is about half price compare to tourist areas but its a thai area. Breakfast at 7/11 ;)
3 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"สะดวกราคาไม่แพง"
การบริการก็โอเค ห้องพักสะอาด ที่จอดรถก้โอเคถึงจะจอดไว้กลางแจ้งแต่มี รปภ.ดูแล ภาพรวมๆก็โอเคใช้ได้
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
TH
"716号室は建物の端でリフトのキシム音がとてもうるさい。"
6泊しましたが、ホテルの横の洗濯機の使用料は20バーツで安い。また、向の食堂はチャーハンが30バーツなので1日に2ど食べにいくほどでした。
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
k.masahiro
JP
"Väldigt bra för pengarna"
Stort och fräscht rum för pengarna, alla utrustade med AC. Dock låter ACn för mycket för att ha den igång på natten. Bara 10 meter till närmsta 7-eleven. Trådlöst internet på hela hotellet mot tilläggskostnad (150baht/dygn). Väldigt trevlig personal med helt okej engelskakunskaper. Allt som allt ett perfekt ställe att bo på när du är i bangkok några dagar för sightseeing eller shopping...
3 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"그닥"
람캄행엔 좋고 싼데가 많아서인지 시설도 별로고 여러가지로 좀 별로입니다 건물에 편의점 약국 세탁실등이 다 있는건 좋지만 객실이 좀 낡았습니다
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
KR
"value for money"
Kan ik iedereen aanraden. Roomservice. Nette kamers. Alles wat nodig in de buurt van hotel.
4 night business trip Jan 11, 2014
G.J.Bol
NL
フリーwifiだと書いてあったのに有料だと言われた。何度確認しても・・・。Hotels.comさんちゃんとしてください!
2 night family trip Dec 1, 2013
JP
"Grand Mandarin"
Slitet hotell med slitna inventarier och även slitna handdukar som tycks vara kasserade från ett finare hotell några hundra meter bort. Läget är långt ifrån de centrala stadsdelarna, och få taxichaufförer är villiga att köra dit. Orimligt högt pris för tillgång till Wifi.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2012
IS

TripAdvisor reviews for Grand Mandarin Residence

"on a good location...."
08/08/15 Shakeel P
good hotel in a very good location nice rooms it is on a center of city every thing is closer there is lot to do at least a person cannot get board there if you are travelling alone i stayed two days there it was good to stay there.
"Great value near huge local shopping area with canal boat access"
07/22/15 Huang D
For about 11USD exceeds our expections. Right next to Saep Canal boat stop 17 which is a fast way to get to Pratunam and Grand Palace. The location is near Mall Bangkapi for the locals. It only cost us 36baht each to get to the DMK by bus. Take busses 96.144 3- minute walk from the hotel to Mochit then A1. Plus, the room is huge and clean with a balcony. There are uniformed security guards at the door. Overall a great thrfit budget hotel! People with bad comments must have forgot how little they paid for the rooms.
"You get what you pay for ...."
07/04/15 tod d
I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2015. First off this hotel is about an hour and a half to two hours from Bangkok by public transport. ( you need to get a bus to the metro, take the metro, the switch to the sky train) or you could get a taxi, they are not expensive. We payed about £5 a night which was is incredible value really. Don't be fooled by the pics though there are all of superior rooms, the standard rooms are plain and frankly don't look very nice, the room seemed clean enough but it certainly wasn't perfect. The shower was very good and it had hot water which in Thailand is normally an extra in budget hotels. The hotel offers massages and it's not much to upgrade your room, there is a 7/11 outside which is handy and the staff are okay too. The pictures on here are very misleading it's nowhere near as nice as it looks but if your not fussy it's great. Also I'm fairly sure the main picture is of its sister hotel a few doors down! So yeah great for a budget hotel if your looking for cheap and your not fussy and you don't plan on spending a lot of time in the hotel itself. I personally wouldn't stay there again just because of where is located and how far it is from every major thing in Bangkok, including both airports.
"dirty, bad area, poor staff, a room trashed"
06/15/15 Aaron W
This was probably the worst hotel I've ever been to, hostels are even better. The room had a broken air conditioner, broken phone, and the actual room was part of an unconnected building, it all felt very shady. The staff took forever to check me out, and didn't care that there were cockroaches, bedbugs, and dirt everywhere. Go a bit farther west of the airport and find a much better value hotel.
"Great value for money"
06/09/15 Will19652013 Rawai, Thailand
If ya going to a football match at the rajamangala stadium this place is cheap and 40b mototaxi ride from the ground. Its cheap and adequate no frills but clean and tidy next time I go to watch thailand I will stay here.
"Not good not bad"
04/09/15 chewwee1990
Hotel was ok.. Very far from bts or rail link... Rooms are bit dated and my one had that horrible stale cigarette smell in it.. Shower - sometimes hot sometimes cold.. Old bedding with rips and tears in it Room and bathroom pretty clean.. Plenty of space.. Tv with several english and french channels Staff were quite helpful and friendly.. I arrived very early in bkk and was able to check in at 7am, and for that i am very grateful. Aircon was good... Very quiet and worked very well Very low cost.. Had to pay for internet too.. On the whole, no terrible, but not amazing.. Just an average place to stay cheaply..
"Bad"
01/22/15 kanstantsinz Ko Phangan, Thailand
Dirty room. Hair in a bed. Photo doesn't match. Wifi is 150 Baht a day (~5 $). Room doesn't close. Noisy. Had to move to nearby hotel. Room is pretty big, but the bathroom is very small, you have to seat on a toilet to take a shower.
"Ok"
01/19/15 kiryo Kirkkonummi, Finland
Good: Clean rooms, working tv and nice balcony and good price. Bad: Much false advertising. No free WiFi what is mentioned in booking and air condition making noise but not very functional. Pretty bad English understanding and unhelpful staff. There was sign on lobby to ask for big taxi to airport and apparently it's there just for decoration. I would recommend this place if you need quick cheap place to stay. Prepare to pay 300 baht when you check in for key pledge(you need to ask it back when checking out). I would not recommend this place for families with children or for long stay.
"Nice economical hotel, near to the airport, a little far from city center"
01/18/15 dhinchak14 Milan
Nice place to stay. Had booked two rooms, for my parents and another for me and my wife. Pretty well clean spacious rooms. Nice courteous staff. Pros: Cheap, economical, near to The Mall, Ferry stop, near to the airport ( around 180-200 THB in cab), plethora of super marts near by Cons: Far from Pratnum, Sukhumvit, and the Wats/Grand Palace, paid wifi
"Good and cheap"
10/23/14 Ward T Juba, South Sudan
I would give it a 3, but at 470 baht it comes closer to 4. Rooms r big, clean and comfortable. Malls and the good vejthani hospital are just next door. Airport is not far, but central bangkok is. Plenty of cheap food, malls, ... around.