All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
3-24-9 Kanda Ogawamachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 101-0052, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Clean
    Awesome vibe
    Good internet service
"My home away home in Tokyo"
Shoryukan is such a gem in the middle of Tokyo's well regarded academic and business district. But it is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood to promise you a good sleep. Throughout my three-day stay, the staff took great care of my needs with impeccable attention that is impossible in large chain hotels. I liked their idea of serving small (but delicate and delicious) portion of breakfast as it ensures minimum wastes (of course you can ask for another bowl of rice and miso soup etc. if needed more). The public bath and rest area in the basement are also pretty comfortable. The only downside is its smallness of single room -- I took a peek of twin rooms when cleanings are going on, and they appear to be sufficiently large, though. In any case, the hotel was so cozy that I wanted to extend my stay, but unfortunately all the single rooms were already booked. Now Shoryukan is definitely one of my top list in Tokyo hotels.
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
"great staff and atmosphere"
this is a small hotel in a chill part of town with a terrific, attentive staff. they serve a delicious japanese breakfast and were quick to offer options when the featured meal was something I couldn't eat. the rooms are small but not by Tokyo standards, and very well laid out, and well insulated from cross noise from other rooms. A really well-designed place. The common rooms have a jazz theme and there was always some interesting chill music playing at breakfast. The staff was just the best - when I thought I'd lost my credit card, I went up and searched my room - by the time I'd come back downstairs they'd already called the hotel in Nikko that I'd just stayed at to be sure I'd not left it there. Checked if I needed my room made up each day, or just an extra towel; booked my taxi to Tokyo Station with timing advice to be sure I made my bus: and also kept my bag for me while I was in Nikko for three days so that I could travel light with just a backpack. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
jan
"Nice hotel with an onsen"
Excellent hotel with a very friendly staff. Great experience and has a very nice onsen
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Sal
"great hotel with friendly staff"
The hotel rooms can be considered small by some, but for me it was perfectly fine, besides your on vacation you shouldnt be spending all your time cooped up in a hotel room watching TV! The staff I had the most interaction with was their english speaking gentleman. He was very polite and really helpful with all of my questions. The Onsen or public bath is small but most of the time I was completely alone in there. My only gripe was with one of the other staff members (not the friendly one i talked about earlier) two of my friends came over my hotel room around 6pm to change into our night clothes (we were going out to dinner) and he basically started scolding me about having guest over in my room. anyways, overall I liked the hotel and would recommend it. P.S order a massage if you got the money its well worth it!
Other trip May 28, 2015
Chaz
"A Micro-Hotel Gem near Ochanomizu Station"
This hotel mainly caters to Japanese in the midst of travel, it seems, but if you have the will to eat a simple Japanese breakfast and give up on the concept of a room having to be big to be comfortable, it's an amazing value. Yes the room was microscopic, but the futon was comfortable, the bath/toilet room had everything it needed, and the internet was free and abundant. The best part was the dedicated staff and community bath in the basement that had ample room for washing and soaking in some lovely hot water.
4 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Matthew

"Excellent Value and Locaton"
The staff are very helpful in every way . This hotel is impeccable and is very convenient for all forms of transport,sights shopping and restaurants as well as being excellent value.Will stay again.
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
MARIO
"Unexpectedly lovely."
Lovely hotel. Staff made it a true pleasure to stay here. - they were wonderfully helpful about holding onto our luggage when we checked in early. Breakfast was excellent. Good WiFi as well. It was more of a business hotel than a couples' hotel, but we were very comfortable and found the business amenities helpful in planning the rest of our trip. Laundry facilities were available, as well as other useful travel services. Would absolutely stay here again. Not difficult to reach the metro station, it's just around the corner and very handy to the city.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Alexandra
"Keep you warm in Japan"
Very good hotel with comfort and clean condition, Very nice front desk as well.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Bo Wo
"Best hotel ever"
Absolutely loved my stay at Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan. The service is impeccable - the staff give personal attention to each customer like a well-run family inn and yet it has the amenities and reliability of large chain hotel. The sento (public bath) and massage chairs (all free!) are also a welcomed respite after a long day of sightseeing. The location in terms of proximity to key subway/JR lines are great. All the key places like Shinjuku or Tokyo are just about 20 minutes away. However, the hotel itself can be a bit hard to find for first timers. I highly recommend you Google Streetview the place before you arrive. The rooms are quite small but it's very well furnished. The Japanese-styled beds are surprisingly comfortable too. If you like jazz, there is an awesome jazz bar in the hotel itself with the nicest owner ever. He let me pick out my favorite records and played it for me. I highly, highly recommend this place!
5 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Ivy
SG
"Nice trip"
Good hotel. We go to tokyo for travel and shopping. Room is so small for 4 people but i love "Futon". Is make me deep sleep all night and don't have a dream at all. ^^ big bathroom is so great, you can relax you self and make you body clean at the same time.
5 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
Chanwit
"Great accommodation choice"
Traditional Japanese style facilities with modern amenities. Modern private bathroom, futon bedding, wonderful onsen hot bath. Good location within minutes of several subway stations and lots of dining options
Other trip Apr 18, 2015

部屋は狭かったけど、値段が安いので、満足です。
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2016
yoshitaka
"Good service"
very good service, special hotel in Tokyo!
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2016
YUI
"호텔 이용 후기"
도착하자마자 직원분이 환영해주셨다. 일본어를 잘 못했지만 직원분이 어느정도 영어가 가능해서 큰 불편함은 없었다. 방을 안내해주시며 짐을 방까지 옮겨주셔서 고마웠다. 객실도 깨끗했고 큰 객실은 아니었지만 혼자쓰기 적절한 크기였다. 아침밥도 맛있었고 특히 바로 해주는 계란이 좋았다. (계란은 프라이, 스크램블에그, 날달걀 등 정할 수 있었음) 대욕탕도 무료로 이용 가능해서 피로를 풀기 좋았다. 목적지인 아키바까지 걸어서 10분~15분 정도 걸려서 놀러가기 아주 좋았다. 근처에 지하철역도 있었지만 걸어서 가는게 더 좋아서 계속 걸어다녔다. 첫 일본 여행이었는데 좋은 호텔을 숙소로 정해서 여행이 더욱 즐거울 수 있었던것 같다.
2 night trip Jan 1, 2016
sangwoo
"必定再去!"
雖然離車站較遠,但環境清靜舒適。房間較細,不過十分乾淨。服務員十分友善並非常樂於助人,不單可以用英文溝通,更甚至有懂得說普通話的服務員。有傳統日式早餐供應,若不介意簡單的話也是十分健康的選擇。十分喜歡有傳統澡堂,更通宵開放,非常方便不太喜歡人多時泡澡的人。下一次一定會再入住!
3 night business trip Dec 20, 2015
HK
"Unforgettable 1 night stay"
I stayed only one night, just wanna try traditional room style. What I expected was just nice room but what I met was much more than that. Room was fabulous. Every staff were fantastic, kind, smile, helpful, service-mined. I asked way to train station, one of staff led us to front of the hotel and pointed the way clearly. After checked in we went out, when we came back staff had prepared Tokyo Guide Book in my language along with Japanese souvenir. I've never met such a warm welcome like this before. Only one not good thing was I was lost finding the hotel. We will suggest this hotel to our friends for sure.
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2015
Kachapol
TH
"快適なホテル"
都心でこの価格だったので不安なところがあったが、実際に利用してみて、とても快適だった。ダブルベッドのサイズはちょうどよく、大浴場も清潔でお湯の温度も良かった。朝食も無料とは思えない量と美味しさで、きわめつけは、ビニール傘を親切にもくださった。返却不要とのことで、大変ありがたかった。 またぜひ利用したい。
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
JP
"good choice for business stay in this area"
late check-in with good service. It takes 8 mins to reach the sub station for either way. Room is small for business purpose, but not so good for travelers, Even get some credit for the Jazz Bar at the first floor, but the equipment at the room bath is out of date. Daytime service is good.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
lishien
TW
a little bit small, but location is good
2 night trip Nov 24, 2015
Ka Po
"熱情且服務周到"
地下室有一個不算小的澡堂實在是東京地區飯店難得的特色,而服務人員從入住到離開都非常熱心,唯房間浴室稍嫌擁擠。附近有很多居酒屋及餐廳,加上離神保町不遠,若交通方式選擇搭乘地下鐵交通應該算相當方便。較少觀光客,大多為日本小家庭或商務人士。
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
YI CHE
TW
"여행에 도움이 되어서 다행이라고 생각합니다."
방의 크기는 여행 전에 생각했던 것보다 작았습니다. 하지만 제 여행에 방해를 끼치지는 않았으므로, 불편하다거나 나쁘다고는 생각한 적은 없습니다. 일부러 다다미방을 선택해서 들어갔는데, 여름이라 그런지 객실에 들어가자마자 편하게 앉을 수 있는 점이 좋았습니다. 위치에 대해서는 심사숙고한 끝에 정한 것이라 따로 얘기하지는 않겠습니다. 다만 JR 오챠노미즈역에서 처음 들어오기에는 헤매실 수도 있습니다. 특별한 야외활동때문에 얼음물이 많이 필요했는데, 냉동고가 따로 없지만 직원께서 친절하게 도와주셨습니다, 그게 제일 좋았습니다.
5 night trip Aug 13, 2015
東京市區B1有澡堂,太超值了
1 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2015
IWEN
TW
"Utmärkt hotell för tokyo"
+bra läge +god service +frukost +present vid utcheckning +badhus +utmärkt service -Väldigt trånga rum
1 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2015
Alexander
SE
"大浴場はやっぱりいい!!"
旅の疲れを大浴場で足を伸ばして入れるのはやっぱりいいです。 ツインの部屋はちょっと手狭ですが、清潔感がありいいです。 東京のホテルに色々泊まっていますが、スタッフの方も親切ですし、何回でも宿泊したいです。
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
しょう
"5階の和室"
5階の和室は、エレベーターホールを出てすぐに靴を脱ぐフロア。部屋へは廊下からそのまま裸足になる。部屋は廊下と同レベルで、まるで廊下の一角を区切った部屋のような感覚。せめてわずかでも、部屋に上り口があれば良かった。
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
"お勧めします!"
スタッフの方々の対応はとても丁寧でしたし、ホテルも綺麗でした。
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
JP
"Wonderful stay in Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan"
Location is good, staffs are nice and speaks English and Chinese. Most importantly, the room is very comfortable and clean, and the big bath is nice,too. We had a pleasant stay in Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan. We will definitely choose to stay in Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan next time to Tokyo.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Wei-Chieh
"很有人情味的日式住宿體驗 Friendliness experience"
服務很用心,讓人有回家的感覺。設施雖然沒那樣豐富,空間也不大,但每個服務人員以客為尊的服務態度讓人倍感親切。環境很清優,又是在大學學區內,不論交通與或吃的都十分便利。
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
JS
TW
"Je recommande fortement cet hôtel !!"
Super séjour de 2 nuits dans cet hôtel dans une chambre de style japonais. Un yukata et des chaussons sont mis à disposition dans la chambre. Le personnel est adorable, très accueillant, parle anglais. Le petit déjeuner japonais est simple mais bon (riz, soupe miso, œufs préparés à la demande, condiments, un mini plat comme une bouchée au poulet et légumes, café, thé vert), la salle ambiance jazz (déco et musique) est sympa et agréable. Ne pas hésiter à essayer les "furikake" , assaisonnement pour le riz en sachet. Jus d'orange sur demande. Prêt d'un parapluie pour la journée, ce qui peut s'avérer utile. Salle de bain de petite taille mais normale pour le japon. Je me suis sentie comme chez moi, le lit futon était très confortable. Restos sympas et abordables à proximité, indiqués par le personnel. Un family Mart tout près. 3 stations de métro assez proches. En résumé j'ai adoré !!! Je serais bien restée une semaine. Il est certain que je réserverai à nouveau cet hôtel si je retourne à Tokyo.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2015
Carine
FR
"很想再來住"
飯店服務極佳,和式房間的床非常好睡,大浴場也很棒.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
FENGWEI
"小さいけれど素晴らしい!"
高級旅館並みのスタッフの対応の良さでした。親切で丁寧で感動しました!最初ホテルまでの道がわからず電話をかけたら、「その場で待っててください」と迎えにきてくれたり、チェックアウトしてホテルを出たら、玄関まで来て「ありがとうございました」と見送ってくれました。 シングルの部屋は狭かったけれど、一泊だし寝るだけだったし、それにお風呂は大浴場があったので快適でした。清潔感のある浴場で、無料のマッサージチェアは多機能で体が軽くなりました。ジャズ喫茶も音楽好きにはたまらなく、朝食も家庭的で良かったです。周囲には飲食店もたくさんあるし、東京駅も近いし、本当に便利でした。
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
"癒された5日間"
息子の引越しと卒業の間の5日間滞在しました。疲れがピークでしたが、大浴場が綺麗で温泉に入っているようで癒されました。また朝食の卵料理3種が絶妙でした。
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
kazufumi
"おすすめ"
部屋がきれいで、清潔感があった。残念ながら大浴場を利用する時間はなかったが、夜遅くまでやっているとのこと。朝食のメニューは少なく、飲み物は水かコーヒーのみ。ただ、ごはんの量を聞いてよそってくれること、卵料理は3種類から選んでキッチンで作ってくれることを考えると不満に思うほどではない。唯一気になったのは、チェックインした際に年配の男性が鍵の開け方を説明しますと部屋まで案内してくれ目の前で鍵を開けてくれたが、説明が必要な複雑な鍵ではなく、至極一般的なタイプだったので過剰に感じるサービスとこのご時世に部屋までついてこられることを不快に感じた。
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
"方便與舒適的住宿環境"
離地鐵站很近交通方便,飯店附近也有許多店家,客房略小但還算舒適,簡單的日式早餐較無變化,服務人員很親切,是個優質的飯店
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
carol
"気遣いの素晴しいスタッフの方々に助けられました。"
二人での宿泊でしたが、東京駅からの途中ではぐれてしまいました。 探しに出たところ、行き違いでチェックインしたとの連絡をいただき、大変助かりました。 大浴場のアメニティも充実して、癒されました。 お部屋も広くないですが、清潔で落ち着き、安心して滞在できました。 必ずリピートします。
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
BE

TripAdvisor reviews for Shoryukan

"Best family hotel"
09/27/15 Area21a Canberra, Australia
This is a very comfortable hotel and i'll be happy to stay here again. It does not purport to be an International style hotel and is the better for it. The rooms are quiet and well appointed. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful in every way. The Japanese breakfast was an excellent way to begin the day. This hotel is a great introduction to Japan.I can find no fault with it.
"Great price, decent location. Tried a Japanese style room for the 1st time"
08/18/15 Jaenica L Fussa, Tokyo, Japan
Got this place b'cuz it was only a couple of train stops away from an event I was going to. Also offered a Japanese style room which I always wanted to try, for a price that didn't break my wallet. Decent location from Tokyo & Akihabara, but is a bit of a walk from the Ochanomizu train station, about 8minutes. It's ok if you're traveling light but I bought a few things so had to push a big luggage back up to catch my train to the airport. Room of course was fairly small but that's to be expected from Japan. I've stayed in smaller. Was still able to fit my large luggage & hand-carry. They had a public bath but I couldn't try it out because of my tattoo :( Decent food places to eat nearby. Staff was very helpful & friendly. The only thing that was a bit annoying is when you go out you have to leave your room key at the front desk. I was constantly in & out of the place so it was give me my key, here's the key, give me my key, here's the key. Nothing to troublesome it's just the staff saw me alot & at odd hours.
"few days in tokyo"
05/08/15 Lukasz K
had a possibility with my wife to stay here for 4 nights in one standart room on 2nd floor. room we had was very basic, very small, with also small bathroom. room had also a window faced a small street. very basic but you get what you psy for, so we were not surrprised. solid value for money. hotel has also onzen facility just to relax after running trough streets of the city. hotel located close to subway, JR railways stations in quiet neighbourhood but with plenty of different bars and small food stores as Lawson or 7eleven. worth to visit if you are not planning to spend to much money on hotels. breakfast was included into the price but it is in japenese style so for those who like to start the day with miso, rice and fermented soya etc. :)
"Very good hotel for a good price"
04/15/15 Darkelve7 Bern, Switzerland
I have been in this hotel twice, once with my friend at the beginning of our journey and once alone at the end of the same journey, 3 weeks later (April 2014, which I couldn't select at "time of travel". Seems like I'm a little late...). When I was there with my friend, we had a western style twin room. For Japanese standards the room was quite spacious. It had a bathroom (with a sink and a modern toilet/washlet) and a separate shower in the corridor of the main room (glass door, so nothing for shy people). Both bathroom and shower were comfortable and easy to use. Sometimes we heard other guest talking in the hallway, but I think they were just really loud. All in all, a very good room. The second time (alone), I decided to take a Japanese style room. Of course this one was rather small, but adequate. The bathroom wasn't as nice as in the other room (small room with toilet, sink and bathtub/shower, a lot of plastik). The wifi-connection was alright (in the Japanese style room it was sometimes a little bit of an issue, since I was at the end of a corridor where the signal apparently didn't reach very well). The public bath is very nice and good for people who are not used to Japanese baths (the water isn't too hot, which in turn might be an issue if you're used to warmer/hot water). The staff was very friendly and helpful. As I dyed my hair just before we went to Japan, I took my own towel to dry my hair without discolouring hotel towels. Sadly, it had almost the same colour as the hotel towels and was therefore mistakenly taken by the cleaning staff. When I asked about it at the reception, they did their best to find it again, but when it was clear that they wouldn't find it, they gave me an apology present (which wasn't necessary, but very sweet). They also made a reservation for me in a restaurant when I asked about a good Okonomiyaki restaurant. All in all, very friendly and helpful staff! The location is good. Akihabara is quite near (walking distance approx. 15 minutes) and it has a lot of shopping opportunities, especially for sports stuff, as well as some good restaurants (if you like Ramen, you really need to try the restaurant つじ田 "Tsujida" in Awajicho!) about 5 minutes from the hotel.
"Hidden gem"
03/29/15 Deena M Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Stayed at this small hotel recently and have to say it's a little gem ! A little out of the way, but made for some great evening walks. Staff are so friendly and gave a lot of advice. Made me and my mum feel really comfortable after long days of sightseeing. Highly recommended!
"I'm a Repeat Customer"
10/11/14 Paul7878 San Francisco, California
I found this hotel in 2011 and I chose it because of its location and it has a public bath. (I also like the Ochanomizu area because it is so close to Tokyo Station. See my other reviews.) It's within a seven minute walk to several subway lines and the JR station. It is nestled in a really quiet neighborhood. The area is a mix of colleges, commercial, office, medical-related, and residential. The area is really a hodge-podge of uses. Four convenience stores are within a 5-minute walk. There are a few restaurants in the area, but I haven't tried any of them. They all seem to close by 10. Because of the multiple uses, the streets are very, very quiet on weekend evenings. About a third of the staff speaks good English, which is a plus for first-timers to Japan. One negative: the breakfast stays the same every day. The only variation between each day's breakfast is how the egg is cooked (scrambled, over-easy, omelette-style) and the different type of "furikake" (rice seasoning).
"excellent value close to Tokyo center"
08/22/14 DavidElie Seminyak, Indonesia
Shoryukan is a hotel mainly visited by Japanese businessmen (at least while we were there). We opted for a Japanese tatami room with futon beds and we really had a great time. Try it out even if you may find it a bit hard to sleep on. Japanese breakfast was included in room price: it was very good. The staff is awesome: very friendly, good English and always there to help. We even received small presents upon departure.
"Great experience"
07/30/14 Emma B
We stayed here with our two children. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Each time they saw the children they had lovely origami and sweets for them. They assisted us greatly with restaurant recommendations and also providing maps and directions to get to the places we wanted to go. We chose a Japanese room, it was very tiny but we enjoyed the experience. The bathroom is lovely very clean and modern. Our room was a smoking room and we don't smoke but air freshener was provided. I left my booking till very late and no non smoking rooms were available. The breakfast room is very inviting and it was interesting to try the Japanese breakfast. The staff again are very attentive and helpful. Overall I found the hotel very good value for money, there is a laundry which was very handy after a couple of weeks travelling. The location was great too, very central for all areas of Tokyo.
"Good value for money"
06/23/14 TomIvanka Prague
Plus: Nice and clean spa. Friendly staff. Fast and free wi-fi. Location near to Yasukuni Shrine and some metro lines (relatively close to Ginza etc.). Good value for money. Con: My wife complained about smelling weird smell (combined smoking and cooking?) every day in the halls. We were also not very keen on rather basic Japanese breakfast (not a big deal though) and a plain decoration of the room (just mentioning it for others who might find beige-brown-black as main colors a bit depressing). The hotel is rather hard to find, esp. after the dark. On our first evening, we had to ask a police officer at Koban to help us find the place. But we did not have any problems to locate the place once we knew where it was.
"I love This Hotel"
06/18/14 AlexIvan87 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
I go to Tokyo after visited Osaka, and i stay in this Shoryukan Hotel, This hotel is near from subway so you can easily transport, very helpful staff and very friendly, they speak English, this hotel offers Western room and Japanese room, but i choose Japanese room, and its nice. Very clean and modern rooms and comfortable. and I also love the breakfast is delicious! I loved every minute stay there.