All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3-24-9 Kanda Ogawamachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 101-0052, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
"A Micro-Hotel Gem near Ochanomizu Station"
This hotel mainly caters to Japanese in the midst of travel, it seems, but if you have the will to eat a simple Japanese breakfast and give up on the concept of a room having to be big to be comfortable, it's an amazing value. Yes the room was microscopic, but the futon was comfortable, the bath/toilet room had everything it needed, and the internet was free and abundant. The best part was the dedicated staff and community bath in the basement that had ample room for washing and soaking in some lovely hot water.
4 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Matthew

"很想再來住"
飯店服務極佳,和式房間的床非常好睡,大浴場也很棒.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
FENGWEI
TW
"小さいけれど素晴らしい!"
高級旅館並みのスタッフの対応の良さでした。親切で丁寧で感動しました!最初ホテルまでの道がわからず電話をかけたら、「その場で待っててください」と迎えにきてくれたり、チェックアウトしてホテルを出たら、玄関まで来て「ありがとうございました」と見送ってくれました。 シングルの部屋は狭かったけれど、一泊だし寝るだけだったし、それにお風呂は大浴場があったので快適でした。清潔感のある浴場で、無料のマッサージチェアは多機能で体が軽くなりました。ジャズ喫茶も音楽好きにはたまらなく、朝食も家庭的で良かったです。周囲には飲食店もたくさんあるし、東京駅も近いし、本当に便利でした。
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
"癒された5日間"
息子の引越しと卒業の間の5日間滞在しました。疲れがピークでしたが、大浴場が綺麗で温泉に入っているようで癒されました。また朝食の卵料理3種が絶妙でした。
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
kazufumi
"おすすめ"
部屋がきれいで、清潔感があった。残念ながら大浴場を利用する時間はなかったが、夜遅くまでやっているとのこと。朝食のメニューは少なく、飲み物は水かコーヒーのみ。ただ、ごはんの量を聞いてよそってくれること、卵料理は3種類から選んでキッチンで作ってくれることを考えると不満に思うほどではない。唯一気になったのは、チェックインした際に年配の男性が鍵の開け方を説明しますと部屋まで案内してくれ目の前で鍵を開けてくれたが、説明が必要な複雑な鍵ではなく、至極一般的なタイプだったので過剰に感じるサービスとこのご時世に部屋までついてこられることを不快に感じた。
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
"気遣いの素晴しいスタッフの方々に助けられました。"
二人での宿泊でしたが、東京駅からの途中ではぐれてしまいました。 探しに出たところ、行き違いでチェックインしたとの連絡をいただき、大変助かりました。 大浴場のアメニティも充実して、癒されました。 お部屋も広くないですが、清潔で落ち着き、安心して滞在できました。 必ずリピートします。
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
TW
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
BE

TripAdvisor reviews for Shoryukan

"Very good hotel for a good price"
04/15/15 Darkelve7 Bern, Switzerland
I have been in this hotel twice, once with my friend at the beginning of our journey and once alone at the end of the same journey, 3 weeks later (April 2014, which I couldn't select at "time of travel". Seems like I'm a little late...). When I was there with my friend, we had a western style twin room. For Japanese standards the room was quite spacious. It had a bathroom (with a sink and a modern toilet/washlet) and a separate shower in the corridor of the main room (glass door, so nothing for shy people). Both bathroom and shower were comfortable and easy to use. Sometimes we heard other guest talking in the hallway, but I think they were just really loud. All in all, a very good room. The second time (alone), I decided to take a Japanese style room. Of course this one was rather small, but adequate. The bathroom wasn't as nice as in the other room (small room with toilet, sink and bathtub/shower, a lot of plastik). The wifi-connection was alright (in the Japanese style room it was sometimes a little bit of an issue, since I was at the end of a corridor where the signal apparently didn't reach very well). The public bath is very nice and good for people who are not used to Japanese baths (the water isn't too hot, which in turn might be an issue if you're used to warmer/hot water). The staff was very friendly and helpful. As I dyed my hair just before we went to Japan, I took my own towel to dry my hair without discolouring hotel towels. Sadly, it had almost the same colour as the hotel towels and was therefore mistakenly taken by the cleaning staff. When I asked about it at the reception, they did their best to find it again, but when it was clear that they wouldn't find it, they gave me an apology present (which wasn't necessary, but very sweet). They also made a reservation for me in a restaurant when I asked about a good Okonomiyaki restaurant. All in all, very friendly and helpful staff! The location is good. Akihabara is quite near (walking distance approx. 15 minutes) and it has a lot of shopping opportunities, especially for sports stuff, as well as some good restaurants (if you like Ramen, you really need to try the restaurant つじ田 "Tsujida" in Awajicho!) about 5 minutes from the hotel.
"Hidden gem"
03/29/15 Deena M Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Stayed at this small hotel recently and have to say it's a little gem ! A little out of the way, but made for some great evening walks. Staff are so friendly and gave a lot of advice. Made me and my mum feel really comfortable after long days of sightseeing. Highly recommended!
"I'm a Repeat Customer"
10/11/14 Paul7878 San Francisco, California
I found this hotel in 2011 and I chose it because of its location and it has a public bath. (I also like the Ochanomizu area because it is so close to Tokyo Station. See my other reviews.) It's within a seven minute walk to several subway lines and the JR station. It is nestled in a really quiet neighborhood. The area is a mix of colleges, commercial, office, medical-related, and residential. The area is really a hodge-podge of uses. Four convenience stores are within a 5-minute walk. There are a few restaurants in the area, but I haven't tried any of them. They all seem to close by 10. Because of the multiple uses, the streets are very, very quiet on weekend evenings. About a third of the staff speaks good English, which is a plus for first-timers to Japan. One negative: the breakfast stays the same every day. The only variation between each day's breakfast is how the egg is cooked (scrambled, over-easy, omelette-style) and the different type of "furikake" (rice seasoning).
"excellent value close to Tokyo center"
08/23/14 DavidElie Seminyak, Indonesia
Shoryukan is a hotel mainly visited by Japanese businessmen (at least while we were there). We opted for a Japanese tatami room with futon beds and we really had a great time. Try it out even if you may find it a bit hard to sleep on. Japanese breakfast was included in room price: it was very good. The staff is awesome: very friendly, good English and always there to help. We even received small presents upon departure.
"Great experience"
07/30/14 Emma B
We stayed here with our two children. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Each time they saw the children they had lovely origami and sweets for them. They assisted us greatly with restaurant recommendations and also providing maps and directions to get to the places we wanted to go. We chose a Japanese room, it was very tiny but we enjoyed the experience. The bathroom is lovely very clean and modern. Our room was a smoking room and we don't smoke but air freshener was provided. I left my booking till very late and no non smoking rooms were available. The breakfast room is very inviting and it was interesting to try the Japanese breakfast. The staff again are very attentive and helpful. Overall I found the hotel very good value for money, there is a laundry which was very handy after a couple of weeks travelling. The location was great too, very central for all areas of Tokyo.
"Good value for money"
06/23/14 TomIvanka Prague
Plus: Nice and clean spa. Friendly staff. Fast and free wi-fi. Location near to Yasukuni Shrine and some metro lines (relatively close to Ginza etc.). Good value for money. Con: My wife complained about smelling weird smell (combined smoking and cooking?) every day in the halls. We were also not very keen on rather basic Japanese breakfast (not a big deal though) and a plain decoration of the room (just mentioning it for others who might find beige-brown-black as main colors a bit depressing). The hotel is rather hard to find, esp. after the dark. On our first evening, we had to ask a police officer at Koban to help us find the place. But we did not have any problems to locate the place once we knew where it was.
"I love This Hotel"
06/18/14 AlexIvan87 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
I go to Tokyo after visited Osaka, and i stay in this Shoryukan Hotel, This hotel is near from subway so you can easily transport, very helpful staff and very friendly, they speak English, this hotel offers Western room and Japanese room, but i choose Japanese room, and its nice. Very clean and modern rooms and comfortable. and I also love the breakfast is delicious! I loved every minute stay there.
"Interesting little hotel"
06/06/14 KiwiCarol Kawerau
Very friendly and helpful staff. Has a Jazz Bar (The Blue Note) as the hotel restaurant. Nice little restaurant but strictly Japanese (doesn't cater to westerners who don't want Japanese type breakfasts). Hotel can be a little bit difficult to find. Would be particularly suitable for a business-man as the re is a lap-top, printer and internet access in the room. Not great for a tourist couple in our situation as the room and bathroom were quite small. Didn't make use of it, but the hotel has a large communual bathiing area.
05/20/14 Monca77 Prague, Czech Republic
The hotel is a short walk from the Ochanomizu train station, which is two stations away from Tokyo station, so the location is very good. The room was big enough. We were given a small gift upon arrival. Breakfats was very good, including miso soup and eggs and small plates that varied every day. The hotel has onsen bath which is open during the whole night, so it is really good to go there and relax before going to bed. Just one small disapointment - when we asked at the reception if we could get a breakfats package because we needed to leave for the airport early in the morning, they told us it is not possible due to the fact that this was a season of foodpoisoning. I still don´t get what does it have in common. But otherwise it was a very nice stay.
"Great location, great price for central Tokyo - very family friendly"
04/21/14 Maria L Hong Kong, China
We were looking for an affordable place for our family of four (2 kids in elementary school), and this looked like one of the best deals we could find. The central location on the JR Chuo line was also very close to Tokyo station, making it easy to catch the early morning shinkansen for a day trip for skiing at Gala Yuzawa, and close JR trips to Ueno and Shinjuku/Harajuku. We got a Japanese-style room with space enough for 4 futons. It was a little tight, without a lot of room for our stuff, but it was the newest, cleanest ryokan we've stayed in yet - seemed to be recently remodeled, a very nice bathroom in the room, and a really lovely Japanese bath in the basement. The staff were incredibly kind, and very helpful, and offered our children Japanese sweets and small souvenirs which they really enjoyed. The hotel breakfast was very good too. I was worried the kids wouldn't like the Japanese breakfast, but there is plenty of breakfast food kids enjoy too.