All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
1 room, 2 adults
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here
3-24-9 Kanda Ogawamachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 101-0052, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126
Best Price GuaranteeBest Price Guarantee on hotel bookings. If you find a better price on exactly the same stay elsewhere we’ll match it
4.5 / 5Excellent

Score breakdown (from 24 reviews)

Average rating for:

  • Cleanliness
    4.8
  • Service
    4.7
  • Comfort
    4.1
  • Condition
    4.4
  • Neighborhood
    4.5
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"A Micro-Hotel Gem near Ochanomizu Station"
This hotel mainly caters to Japanese in the midst of travel, it seems, but if you have the will to eat a simple Japanese breakfast and give up on the concept of a room having to be big to be comfortable, it's an amazing value. Yes the room was microscopic, but the futon was comfortable, the bath/toilet room had everything it needed, and the internet was free and abundant. The best part was the dedicated staff and community bath in the basement that had ample room for washing and soaking in some lovely hot water.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
4 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Matthew
US

The following English reviews were posted by hotels.com guests from other countries:

5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Best hotel ever"
Absolutely loved my stay at Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan. The service is impeccable - the staff give personal attention to each customer like a well-run family inn and yet it has the amenities and reliability of large chain hotel. The sento (public bath) and massage chairs (all free!) are also a welcomed respite after a long day of sightseeing. The location in terms of proximity to key subway/JR lines are great. All the key places like Shinjuku or Tokyo are just about 20 minutes away. However, the hotel itself can be a bit hard to find for first timers. I highly recommend you Google Streetview the place before you arrive. The rooms are quite small but it's very well furnished. The Japanese-styled beds are surprisingly comfortable too. If you like jazz, there is an awesome jazz bar in the hotel itself with the nicest owner ever. He let me pick out my favorite records and played it for me. I highly, highly recommend this place!
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
5 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Ivy
SG
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Nice trip"
Good hotel. We go to tokyo for travel and shopping. Room is so small for 4 people but i love "Futon". Is make me deep sleep all night and don't have a dream at all. ^^ big bathroom is so great, you can relax you self and make you body clean at the same time.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
5 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
Chanwit
AS
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Great accommodation choice"
Traditional Japanese style facilities with modern amenities. Modern private bathroom, futon bedding, wonderful onsen hot bath. Good location within minutes of several subway stations and lots of dining options
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
AJ
CA

The following reviews were posted by hotels.com guests from other countries:

5.0 / 5Outstanding
"人情味"
地点便利,房间干净,尤其是老板超有人情味而且会说中文喔!
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
chih-chung
CN
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"很舒服的旅館"
接待人員很友善、親切 房間很乾淨 床很舒服
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
CHUN-HUI
HK
4.0 / 5Excellent
東京市區B1有澡堂,太超值了
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2015
IWEN
TW
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Utmärkt hotell för tokyo"
+bra läge +god service +frukost +present vid utcheckning +badhus +utmärkt service -Väldigt trånga rum
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2015
Alexander
SE
3.0 / 5Good
"5階の和室"
5階の和室は、エレベーターホールを出てすぐに靴を脱ぐフロア。部屋へは廊下からそのまま裸足になる。部屋は廊下と同レベルで、まるで廊下の一角を区切った部屋のような感覚。せめてわずかでも、部屋に上り口があれば良かった。
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
A Traveler
JP
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"お勧めします!"
スタッフの方々の対応はとても丁寧でしたし、ホテルも綺麗でした。
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
A Traveler
JP
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Wonderful stay in Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan"
Location is good, staffs are nice and speaks English and Chinese. Most importantly, the room is very comfortable and clean, and the big bath is nice,too. We had a pleasant stay in Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan. We will definitely choose to stay in Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan next time to Tokyo.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Wei-Chieh
TW
4.0 / 5Excellent
"很有人情味的日式住宿體驗 Friendliness experience"
服務很用心,讓人有回家的感覺。設施雖然沒那樣豐富,空間也不大,但每個服務人員以客為尊的服務態度讓人倍感親切。環境很清優,又是在大學學區內,不論交通與或吃的都十分便利。
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
JS
TW
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Je recommande fortement cet hôtel !!"
Super séjour de 2 nuits dans cet hôtel dans une chambre de style japonais. Un yukata et des chaussons sont mis à disposition dans la chambre. Le personnel est adorable, très accueillant, parle anglais. Le petit déjeuner japonais est simple mais bon (riz, soupe miso, œufs préparés à la demande, condiments, un mini plat comme une bouchée au poulet et légumes, café, thé vert), la salle ambiance jazz (déco et musique) est sympa et agréable. Ne pas hésiter à essayer les "furikake" , assaisonnement pour le riz en sachet. Jus d'orange sur demande. Prêt d'un parapluie pour la journée, ce qui peut s'avérer utile. Salle de bain de petite taille mais normale pour le japon. Je me suis sentie comme chez moi, le lit futon était très confortable. Restos sympas et abordables à proximité, indiqués par le personnel. Un family Mart tout près. 3 stations de métro assez proches. En résumé j'ai adoré !!! Je serais bien restée une semaine. Il est certain que je réserverai à nouveau cet hôtel si je retourne à Tokyo.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night trip Apr 12, 2015
Carine
FR
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"很想再來住"
飯店服務極佳,和式房間的床非常好睡,大浴場也很棒.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
FENGWEI
TW
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"小さいけれど素晴らしい!"
高級旅館並みのスタッフの対応の良さでした。親切で丁寧で感動しました!最初ホテルまでの道がわからず電話をかけたら、「その場で待っててください」と迎えにきてくれたり、チェックアウトしてホテルを出たら、玄関まで来て「ありがとうございました」と見送ってくれました。 シングルの部屋は狭かったけれど、一泊だし寝るだけだったし、それにお風呂は大浴場があったので快適でした。清潔感のある浴場で、無料のマッサージチェアは多機能で体が軽くなりました。ジャズ喫茶も音楽好きにはたまらなく、朝食も家庭的で良かったです。周囲には飲食店もたくさんあるし、東京駅も近いし、本当に便利でした。
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
A Traveler
JP
4.0 / 5Excellent
"癒された5日間"
息子の引越しと卒業の間の5日間滞在しました。疲れがピークでしたが、大浴場が綺麗で温泉に入っているようで癒されました。また朝食の卵料理3種が絶妙でした。
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
kazufumi
JP
4.0 / 5Excellent
"おすすめ"
部屋がきれいで、清潔感があった。残念ながら大浴場を利用する時間はなかったが、夜遅くまでやっているとのこと。朝食のメニューは少なく、飲み物は水かコーヒーのみ。ただ、ごはんの量を聞いてよそってくれること、卵料理は3種類から選んでキッチンで作ってくれることを考えると不満に思うほどではない。唯一気になったのは、チェックインした際に年配の男性が鍵の開け方を説明しますと部屋まで案内してくれ目の前で鍵を開けてくれたが、説明が必要な複雑な鍵ではなく、至極一般的なタイプだったので過剰に感じるサービスとこのご時世に部屋までついてこられることを不快に感じた。
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
A Traveler
JP
4.0 / 5Excellent
"方便與舒適的住宿環境"
離地鐵站很近交通方便,飯店附近也有許多店家,客房略小但還算舒適,簡單的日式早餐較無變化,服務人員很親切,是個優質的飯店
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
carol
TW
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"気遣いの素晴しいスタッフの方々に助けられました。"
二人での宿泊でしたが、東京駅からの途中ではぐれてしまいました。 探しに出たところ、行き違いでチェックインしたとの連絡をいただき、大変助かりました。 大浴場のアメニティも充実して、癒されました。 お部屋も広くないですが、清潔で落ち着き、安心して滞在できました。 必ずリピートします。
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
リベカ
JP
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"大浴場最高!"
大浴場が最高です。次回も利用します!
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
A Traveler
JP
4.0 / 5Excellent
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
HAO
CN
5.0 / 5Outstanding
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
8 night romance trip May 16, 2015
A Traveler
DE
4.0 / 5Excellent
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
6 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2015
shih ying
TW
5.0 / 5Outstanding
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
A Traveler
BE

TripAdvisor reviews for Shoryukan

Overall rating:Based on 57 traveler reviews

Most recent traveler reviews:

Overall Rating
"few days in tokyo"
05/08/15 Lukasz K
had a possibility with my wife to stay here for 4 nights in one standart room on 2nd floor. room we had was very basic, very small, with also small bathroom. room had also a window faced a small street. very basic but you get what you psy for, so we were not surrprised. solid value for money. hotel has also onzen facility just to relax after running trough streets of the city. hotel located close to subway, JR railways stations in quiet neighbourhood but with plenty of different bars and small food stores as Lawson or 7eleven. worth to visit if you are not planning to spend to much money on hotels. breakfast was included into the price but it is in japenese style so for those who like to start the day with miso, rice and fermented soya etc. :)
Overall Rating
"Very good hotel for a good price"
04/15/15 Darkelve7 Bern, Switzerland
I have been in this hotel twice, once with my friend at the beginning of our journey and once alone at the end of the same journey, 3 weeks later (April 2014, which I couldn't select at "time of travel". Seems like I'm a little late...). When I was there with my friend, we had a western style twin room. For Japanese standards the room was quite spacious. It had a bathroom (with a sink and a modern toilet/washlet) and a separate shower in the corridor of the main room (glass door, so nothing for shy people). Both bathroom and shower were comfortable and easy to use. Sometimes we heard other guest talking in the hallway, but I think they were just really loud. All in all, a very good room. The second time (alone), I decided to take a Japanese style room. Of course this one was rather small, but adequate. The bathroom wasn't as nice as in the other room (small room with toilet, sink and bathtub/shower, a lot of plastik). The wifi-connection was alright (in the Japanese style room it was sometimes a little bit of an issue, since I was at the end of a corridor where the signal apparently didn't reach very well). The public bath is very nice and good for people who are not used to Japanese baths (the water isn't too hot, which in turn might be an issue if you're used to warmer/hot water). The staff was very friendly and helpful. As I dyed my hair just before we went to Japan, I took my own towel to dry my hair without discolouring hotel towels. Sadly, it had almost the same colour as the hotel towels and was therefore mistakenly taken by the cleaning staff. When I asked about it at the reception, they did their best to find it again, but when it was clear that they wouldn't find it, they gave me an apology present (which wasn't necessary, but very sweet). They also made a reservation for me in a restaurant when I asked about a good Okonomiyaki restaurant. All in all, very friendly and helpful staff! The location is good. Akihabara is quite near (walking distance approx. 15 minutes) and it has a lot of shopping opportunities, especially for sports stuff, as well as some good restaurants (if you like Ramen, you really need to try the restaurant つじ田 "Tsujida" in Awajicho!) about 5 minutes from the hotel.
Overall Rating
"Hidden gem"
03/29/15 Deena M Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Stayed at this small hotel recently and have to say it's a little gem ! A little out of the way, but made for some great evening walks. Staff are so friendly and gave a lot of advice. Made me and my mum feel really comfortable after long days of sightseeing. Highly recommended!
Overall Rating
"I'm a Repeat Customer"
10/11/14 Paul7878 San Francisco, California
I found this hotel in 2011 and I chose it because of its location and it has a public bath. (I also like the Ochanomizu area because it is so close to Tokyo Station. See my other reviews.) It's within a seven minute walk to several subway lines and the JR station. It is nestled in a really quiet neighborhood. The area is a mix of colleges, commercial, office, medical-related, and residential. The area is really a hodge-podge of uses. Four convenience stores are within a 5-minute walk. There are a few restaurants in the area, but I haven't tried any of them. They all seem to close by 10. Because of the multiple uses, the streets are very, very quiet on weekend evenings. About a third of the staff speaks good English, which is a plus for first-timers to Japan. One negative: the breakfast stays the same every day. The only variation between each day's breakfast is how the egg is cooked (scrambled, over-easy, omelette-style) and the different type of "furikake" (rice seasoning).
Overall Rating
"excellent value close to Tokyo center"
08/23/14 DavidElie Seminyak, Indonesia
Shoryukan is a hotel mainly visited by Japanese businessmen (at least while we were there). We opted for a Japanese tatami room with futon beds and we really had a great time. Try it out even if you may find it a bit hard to sleep on. Japanese breakfast was included in room price: it was very good. The staff is awesome: very friendly, good English and always there to help. We even received small presents upon departure.
Overall Rating
"Great experience"
07/30/14 Emma B
We stayed here with our two children. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Each time they saw the children they had lovely origami and sweets for them. They assisted us greatly with restaurant recommendations and also providing maps and directions to get to the places we wanted to go. We chose a Japanese room, it was very tiny but we enjoyed the experience. The bathroom is lovely very clean and modern. Our room was a smoking room and we don't smoke but air freshener was provided. I left my booking till very late and no non smoking rooms were available. The breakfast room is very inviting and it was interesting to try the Japanese breakfast. The staff again are very attentive and helpful. Overall I found the hotel very good value for money, there is a laundry which was very handy after a couple of weeks travelling. The location was great too, very central for all areas of Tokyo.
Overall Rating
"Good value for money"
06/23/14 TomIvanka Prague
Plus: Nice and clean spa. Friendly staff. Fast and free wi-fi. Location near to Yasukuni Shrine and some metro lines (relatively close to Ginza etc.). Good value for money. Con: My wife complained about smelling weird smell (combined smoking and cooking?) every day in the halls. We were also not very keen on rather basic Japanese breakfast (not a big deal though) and a plain decoration of the room (just mentioning it for others who might find beige-brown-black as main colors a bit depressing). The hotel is rather hard to find, esp. after the dark. On our first evening, we had to ask a police officer at Koban to help us find the place. But we did not have any problems to locate the place once we knew where it was.
Overall Rating
"I love This Hotel"
06/18/14 AlexIvan87 Yogyakarta, Indonesia
I go to Tokyo after visited Osaka, and i stay in this Shoryukan Hotel, This hotel is near from subway so you can easily transport, very helpful staff and very friendly, they speak English, this hotel offers Western room and Japanese room, but i choose Japanese room, and its nice. Very clean and modern rooms and comfortable. and I also love the breakfast is delicious! I loved every minute stay there.
Overall Rating
"Interesting little hotel"
06/06/14 KiwiCarol Kawerau
Very friendly and helpful staff. Has a Jazz Bar (The Blue Note) as the hotel restaurant. Nice little restaurant but strictly Japanese (doesn't cater to westerners who don't want Japanese type breakfasts). Hotel can be a little bit difficult to find. Would be particularly suitable for a business-man as the re is a lap-top, printer and internet access in the room. Not great for a tourist couple in our situation as the room and bathroom were quite small. Didn't make use of it, but the hotel has a large communual bathiing area.
Overall Rating
"Nice stay"
05/20/14 Monca77 Prague, Czech Republic
The hotel is a short walk from the Ochanomizu train station, which is two stations away from Tokyo station, so the location is very good. The room was big enough. We were given a small gift upon arrival. Breakfats was very good, including miso soup and eggs and small plates that varied every day. The hotel has onsen bath which is open during the whole night, so it is really good to go there and relax before going to bed. Just one small disapointment - when we asked at the reception if we could get a breakfats package because we needed to leave for the airport early in the morning, they told us it is not possible due to the fact that this was a season of foodpoisoning. I still don´t get what does it have in common. But otherwise it was a very nice stay.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect Hotels.com’s position. Neither Hotels.com nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews