All hotels in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here42 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9NQ, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to the city centre"
B&B at walking distance of the city centre, at 10 minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle. Family room was OK, but bathroom was far below our expectations.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Nice place not far from the centre of Edinburgh"
The owners are very nice and helpful. Scottish breakfast was really good, especially haggis and black pudding.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Ewa
"Clean and reasonable"
Good breakfast provided and easy walk into town.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Shirley
"good location great breakfast"
Made very welcome, within walking distance to Castle. the breakfast was great and a good choice would rebook this hotel on our next visit to Edinburgh.
3 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
"Quaint B & B"
The accommodation was adequate for our stay. It's quite an old house and probably due for a bit of an upgrade. That being said, it was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff were lovely. The included breakfast was great (included the traditional haggis and black pudding if you wanted to try it) but is not available until 8.30am which I thought was a bit late and meant that on two of our three mornings there, we missed the breakfast due to having 9am starts for local tours. It was further from the town centre than we expected in spite of being listed as centrally located. It was a good 20 minutes walk to the castle and the Royal Mile. However, overall, we enjoyed our stay.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2013
Brummiebelle
"Very Pleasant"
Great location. Nice accommodations. Superb hosts!
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Edinburgh weekend"
Although the room was older style it was large and comfortable with a good bathroom. It was nice to have a good heater in the bathroom with a rack to hang washing.Janette cooks a great breakfast!
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
NZ

"B&B bien situado y confortable, personal amable."
Es un B&B recomendable relación calidad precio muy buena, bien situado para ver Edimburgo. Trato agradable, buen desayuno. Lo único malo subir las maletas a un segundo piso.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Albergo confortevole"
è stata una bella esperienza anche se il prezzo per venerdi e sabato notte è un po' eccessivo
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Camillo
IT
"Hyggelig vertskap"
Vertskapet var kjempe hyggelige og hjelpsomme. Rommet var greit, men sengen trenger en utskiftning. Madrassen var det vi kaller utgått på dato. Var ute på farten hele dagen.
3 night business trip Jun 28, 2013
liz
"A cinco minutos del centro y desayunos estupendos"
Las dos personas que atienden el Bed&Breakfast son encantadoras y preparan muy buen desayuno tradicional escocés para coger fuerzas para el día. Las habitaciones son pequeñas pero suficientes, y todo muy limpio. Lo mejor del establecimiento es que en 5 minutos te plantas en el centro, en Grassmarket. El único punto negativo es que algunas habitaciones no tienen el baño en la habitación sino compartido en el pasillo.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
ES
Freundliches Personal und sehr hilfsbereit. Gute Lage des B&B, reichhaltiges Frühstück
2 night trip Mar 29, 2013
CH
Business trip May 29, 2013
3 night trip May 3, 2013
3 night trip Jun 21, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Adam Drysdale House

"Great stay, great location"
03/01/15 sally w Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
We had a very comfortable stay in Adam Drysdale House. Janette was very friendly and made us feel extremely welcome. We enjoyed a lovely homecooked breakfast every day and the room was clean and nicely decorated. Location is very close to the city centre and we were able to walk everywhere.
"Great B&B"
11/13/14 keggin isle of man
My wife and I enjoyed a great week at Adam Drysdale house. The room was spacious and clean, the Scottish breakfast was great to wake up to each morning and Janette the landlord was friendly and always keep to help and made us feel at home. The location was also great, just a 10 ten minute walk to the city centre.
"Lovely lady but B&B needs some work"
10/07/14 cornwalldreamer56 Widnes, United Kingdom
We booked a twin room for the weekend for myself and my daughter When I arrived, I received a nice welcome and shown to the room. I was a little dismayed with the room which was very dated there appeared to be a lot of extensions and sticky tape about, Sticky tape on the front door, light switches wires etc. we received 1 towel each for the weekend which had not seen softener in a long while.There where 2 extension wires running behind the bed to plug in the kettle. The decor was extremely dated and shabby. There were a number of loose wires hanging above the bathroom door. The single beds were old and the springs could be felt through the mattress when lying on them. The hot tap of the bath was loose and needed to be held by the spout to enable the tap to be turne which burnt your fingers as the tap itself become hot. when I arrived we had a conversation about breakfast, which she initialy said was not included despite it been on my booking form which I showed her to prove she said they didn't do them despite the next day everyone seemed to be having them so not sure what that was about. the breakfast was ok the Orange juice was cordial not fresh and their was no menu you had to remember what she said was on offer also the toast came out first so was cold by the time the rest of the breakfast arrived.You heard a microwave going off a lot so most of it must of been ping food. Al in all it was a ok stay and the lady who runs the B&B is lovely and friendly just needs a few adjustments and would all be fine.
"A little gem"
08/24/14 19Nessa42 Solihull
My sister Sandra and I stayed for four nights at the end of August 2014. The owners are both absolutely lovely - nothing is too much trouble. Comfortable, clean rooms and a lovely breakfast. Just a short walk to the castle and Princes Street. Would most definitely stay again!
"Lovely little place! "
08/05/14 Midwesterner123 Minneapolis, Minnesota
Stayed here during the Fringe! Recieved a decent rate and stayed in a newly renovated room along with our own newly renovated bathroom! Close to everything and Jeanette was very accommodating. A cozy and terrific stay.
"Fantastic Weekend Away"
07/22/14 Alison R Rochdale, United Kingdom
I am putting this review on for my Mother and her friend who spent four nights at this hotel, they had a really lovely time, havent stoppped talking about the B&B how lovely the breakfast was, how lovely the owner was, she couldnt do enough for them, cooked a breakfast for them when they arrived early on Friday morning, and again on the monday when they had to depart early she came in special to cook. the place was very clean and had everything they needed and more.
"Nice clean friendly b & b"
07/03/14 barbra d Preston, United Kingdom
stayed in room 4 .Nice clean.Warm room.very spacious. the owners are really nice welcoming ,can't do enough to help u.Beutifull Scottish breakfast.very nice place would definitely recommend . and so close to city.Will definitely stay here again.thank you for the lovely stay.we really enjoyed.
"Excellent Stay!!"
06/12/14 794Rachel Edinburgh, United Kingdom
I came to Adam Drysdale house with my husband and two children. From the get-go we were made to feel extremely welcome. We stayed in a lovely family room which was nice and fresh - standards of cleanliness was impeccable! Location was great, quiet enough that the kids weren't disturbed at night. Janette was a fantastic host and catered for all of our needs. The wifi connection was a bit temperamental at first, but luckily Janette managed to get this sorted for us within a couple of hours. Overall we had a brilliant stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends and family.
"Lovely place, lovely people!"
06/12/14 Joanna W London, United Kingdom
My sister and i stayed here recently for 2 nights just for a little get away and it was great! The owner Janette is a lovely person and was very welcoming. We stayed in a Twin room which was very clean and decorated beautifully. The location of the B&B was brilliant as it was quiet and only a 10 -15 minute walk away from the city centre. The breakfast was lovely and the dining room was pretty and bright. We would definitely reccommend this place as it is good value and very comfortable.
"Excellent stay - very friendly and clean - will go again"
06/11/14 Doxter2454 Edinburgh, United Kingdom
I stayed for 3 nights in total. I initially stayed in room 4 (twin) which although is awaiting refurbishment was very clean and met with our approval. The en-suite bathroom for this room is quite large, which makes a change from most B&B's I have stayed in. I moved to room 5 (double) for one night due my partner arriving to join my stay and this one has already been refurbished to a very high standard. The bed was very comfortable and the en-suite very trendy. The little welcome shower/soap pack was a nice touch and the tea/coffee facilities replenished daily. Yes there are flights of stairs to climb but these are old houses in this street so please expect this. Breakfast - plenty to choose from and good quality produce. The breakfast room is nice, bright and welcoming. From start to finish we felt very welcome due to the relaxed friendly hosting skills of Janette the owner. Highly recommend a stay here and although I only live in Fife I hope to return in the future for occasions I need to stay in the city.