All hotels in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Awesome vibe
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Not bad."
The location is okay. It is not close to any sightseeing locations such as Edinburgh Castle and Calton Hill, so expect to take a bus or train for 10-15minutes to get to where you want to be. There are some food places nearby; I recommend Sushiya if you like Japanese food, especially ramen. The room was very tiny, so if both my friend and I wanted to open our luggage, only one person could do it at a time. Bathroom was okay, but there was no door lock, so we had to use a clothing hanger we brought from home to lock/close the door. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food at the bar was pretty good.
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2016
"Room size"
Myself and my girlfriend stayed we had a great time, lovely hotel only thing we said was that the room itself was small but otherwise great and safe and for the price it was great.
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Room temperature is horribly hot. Only getting it down with blowing airco (which is not possible to sleep with). When airco is off, room temp is rising quickly.
Other trip Dec 15, 2015
"A Great Place To Stay If You Have Modest Needs"
The room that I stayed in was not as small as it looked like it would be on the web site. However, it was utterly spartan. There wasn't an in-room phone or an electrical outlet in the bathroom for a razor. There wasn't even a chair to pull up to the small, fold-out desk. However, within these limitations, the hotel was very economical and extremely convenient. The location was right across the street from the Haymarket Station. An economical pub adjoined the hotel (access to the lobby via a key card). The breakfast at the pub is big enough for two people and there's no need to purchase it in advance--same price on-site. Don't book this hotel without the comfort package--WiFi (not bad), TV and Towels (both extras, no kidding).
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"Nice room and close to everything"
Room was small but clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. But the best part was the location. Bus stop at the front door to and from airport. Tram to city center across the street. And a train station to other parts of Scotland across the street. The attached restaurant (Platform 5) was friendly and lively. Overall, although not full of amenities, it was comfortable and just right for my trip.
Other trip Nov 14, 2015
"Well Done Budget Hotel"
It's important to understand this is a budget hotel. The rooms are small (I could lay the width of the room and have my hands touch one wall, and my feet touch the other). There wasn't a window in the room (which would be bad if there was a fire). There aren't phones, which doesn't matter unless you need to talk to the front desk. There also aren't irons, but there is an ironing room on the sixth floor. Given all that, the room was clean and comfortable. The front desk was extremely helpful. And the hotel itself was safe (at numerous points you have to use your card to open doors). I would definitely stay here again by myself, but probably not if I had someone else with me.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2015
Brent
"Tunes Hotel"
First, the staff was great went out of their way to answer questions. The tram stops 1 block from hotel (Awesome). The down side was the AC/Heat unit in room. The unit would blow cold air instead of heat. Needed to use a space heater to keep warm. You need to place your room card into the slot beside the door to make things work within the room. such as: TV, Lighting, Heat, AC. Good location and easy to get to from Airport and City Center. No traffic concerns. When exiting Customs-take a left and keep walking. Tram is located out side of airport. Tickets can be purchased at tram station. When traveling around Edinbourgh, buy a DAY Pass on bus for 4 pounds. Unlimited rides on tram and city buses (can not use the day pass to access airport connection).
3 night trip Oct 4, 2015
Jeffrey
"Good hotel for short-term stay"
If you're looking for a place to lay your head for a few hours, this is a good deal, but I don't recommend staying here on a long-term basis unless you're on a tight budget. The location is great! Booking through Expedia was a bonus because the typical amenities you expect from a hotel are "a la carte" items at this hotel, like the use of a hair dryer. Wi-fi was also included. I had a few issues with my room, like the bathroom faucet that would blast water at your when you first turned it on, then water would stop coming out. You had to turn it off and on for more water to come out. The floors were also very dusty (lots of dust bunnies under the bed) and the bed was not the most comfortable as it was very hard. I turned the lights off when I went to bed, but for some reason, the lights turned on a couple of times in the middle of the night, which meant I didn't get a good night's sleep. Lastly, the hair dryer that was included with the room rate didn't work. I was too exhausted to request assistance and used the tiny travel hair dryer I brought instead. Perhaps it was an off day/night, but I wanted to share my experience. Hope they can improve on a few things.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Annalynn
"ADEQUATE BUT TINY ROOMS"
Fortunately we only stayed here one night so we could manage, but the double room that I reserved was so small, there wasn't room for luggage and two normal-sized people. If you are under 5 feet tall and weigh less than 100 lbs. this might be ok for one person. I KNEW that the rooms were small, but it was more like sleeping in a train compartment minus the scenery. The sink drain was very slow and I discovered that someone had shoved peas and potatoes down the drain. Disgusting. Bathroom countertop shelf was also dirty. Perhaps Europeans are more accustomed to this size hotel accommodation, but I would never recommend to any of my American friends.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Looks can be deceiving"
Had we not reserved the room through Venere, this a la carte hotel would have been more expensive than it was worth. The daily fees for wi-fi, television, bath towels, room cleaning would have increased the basic room rate significantly. But, that said, staff was efficient and, though given a street side room, the window when closed shut out almost all street noise.
4 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
I stayed in this hotel 4 days and cleaning was only 1 time. Check in only 15-00. Internet is only for big money.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Very nice, modern hotel, right along the tram line that goes to most of the city's major attractions. Staff was very nice and accommodating, though be warned that the hotel is set up to nickel-and-dime you for everything, from check-in and check-out times to hair dryers and even TV (though luckily, the hair dryer and TV came with our initial booking). The bathroom was really large and great, but I kind of feel like we paid for that with a pretty hard mattress on the bed.
2 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
Matthew
"Smallest hotel room ever imagined!"
First , we were charged to store our bags until we could check in, about $4 a bag. They charge extra for TV, more than one towel, wi-fi.. By booking on line we had not been given these choices so were Charged for the maximum of everything. The room was the smallest I have ever seen or ever imagined. I could barely walk between the bed and the wall. It was literally 4 inches. There was no space to put your bags. The bathroom was equally small. They advertised it was across from the train station but what I didn't realize is that most of the trains don't go to that station -Haymarket- they go to Waverly which is across town. The bed was super hard and uncomfortable.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
tom
"Great service at the Tune"
The quality of the hotel service was exceptional. They helped us with transportation and other needs. They were friendly and always helpful. The location was easy to find and great for what our needs were. The hotel and rooms were very clean.
3 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
"Pleasant Stay"
Nice hotel! Simply amenities were extra but hotel was clean. Employees were kind and accommodating!
2 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2015
"tune edinburgh"
great location. Very convenient. Staff very friendly & helpful. Room was small but suited our needs just fine
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
lynn
Small room, but clean and adequate. Easy to get to City Central with the bus or tram.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Perfect Hotel!"
the Tune was very centrally located so getting around Edinburgh was incredibly easy! Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was small, but all we wanted was a place to sleep and it fit the bill perfectly. Will use Tune Hotels agAin in the future!
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
lynn
"Tuning out..."
Short version: be aware if you book thru 3rd party you prepay for certain items (safe, wifi, tv), but others (room cleaning, towels) will cost extra. More details: Convenient location, outrageously small room. 'Pay for what you need' model is fine for certain items, but not cleanings, safe. Overall very disappointing, wouldn't go back.
3 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Aaron
"Ala carte"
We had not realized that this was an ala carte hotel and we were so put off to have to pay 15 pounds if we did an early checkin and 2.50 pounds for each bag left at the hotel while we waited for checkin. This was a dormitory in a good location. It ended up being quiet with a great bed. So okay for a one night stay. I would not stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Hotel was new and clean.Walking distance to Princes Street,supermarkets and restaurants.Very good value.Only down side was the wifi which doesn't seem to always work.
3 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Great for the Basics"
Hotel was across from train station. Good location. While rooms were small, they were also new, clean and maintained well. Felt very comfortable. Little noise from the street. Staff VERY friendly and helpful. Would stay again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Jerry
"Great option in the $50-75 price range"
If your looking for a no frills place to lay your head this is the spot. Room was compact but it was clean and ou can't beat the location walking distance to the castle and other attractions.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great alternative to central Edinburgh!"
As a former Edinburgh resident, I was very happy to find a hotel in the Haymarket section of town. This hotel is literally across the street from Haymarket train station, and the bus and tram lines pass right in front of it as well. Trains go to central Edinburgh every 10 minutes and put you right there in three minutes--and can actually cost less than the city bus. Hotels in this area also cost less than those on the Royal Mile or other parts of central Edinburgh. Tune hotels are the 'Ryanair' of hotels, however, so some things are optional and cost extra. If you book with hotels.com, you get all the options, so television and wifi etc. were already included in the price. Room quality was great overall, and very comfortable. No complaints at all in this area. If there is a negative it is that the rooms are on the smaller side, and there wasn't really any stand for luggage. I ended up balancing my bag on the room safe. If you have a smaller bag or less luggage overall, it should not be an issue. I just like to keep my bag off the surface of the floor so it is easier to look through. Overall, highly recommended. Would gladly stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Small but functional.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Yao
"good hotel"
very central location,nice clean hotel,room slightly on smaller side
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Rekha
"Small room in Edinburgh"
Very small rooms but the location is excellent, plenty to do in the area of the hotel itself and there is a tram stop right in front of it, which made getting to and from the airport very easy. It was clean and we didn't have any issues with the staff. If you are planning to hang out in your room a lot it might be cramped but it's in a great place to get out and explore Edinburgh from. I would stay here again if I ever get to go back.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"very clean hotel, near the train station"
The room was very modernly furnished. Although a little tight, what more does one need. Very clean!
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Very small, but clean and convenient"
The main advantage of this location is that it's very convenient for getting either to the airport or into the city center. There are some local pubs and restaurants, but more varied options in the city center. The room was VERY clean and the bed was comfortable (thankfully!). But it was extremely small, with no place to sit (other than the bed), no place to put bags, and no window. The safe was closed and locked, so not useful to me. Overall, it served my purpose, which was staying the last night before an early flight.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"The location and room size."
The location was perfect across the street from the Tram and Haymarket train station. And very close to the castle, parks and many sites. The room and bath too small. There wasn't a place to open are luggage off the floor which was inconvenient.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
G
"It was very pleasant."
The room was a bit small but considering I was there just to sleep it was very suitable. Comfortable bedding, bathroom with shower were well maintained and clean. A pleasant experience.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Peggy
"Horrid cheap mattress + they charge for towels!"
We arrived an hour before 3:00pm check-in time, and found the rooms weren't ready -- but for a fee they could be made ready. We then met the manager who wanted to charge GBP2.5 (about $4.00) per bag to "store" two bags for an hour. Nice welcome! After we came back to check-in we saw the hotel charges for items hotels normally provide. You want a towel? Four bucks. Two towels? Eight bucks! Shampoo and soap? Another few dollars! Of course they charge for wi-fi. And so on. A greedy business plan showing an unbelievable way to treat your customer. (Our Expedia fee already included all the items we'd normally expect.) Never again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Great Hotel nearby Tram station & shopping"
This was a great hotel near Haymarket tram station (easy access from Airport). You could take the tram a little further or you could walk down the street to get to Princes street shopping. Lots of restaurants and grocery/convenience stores nearby. The room itself was very clean. A bit small, but that's to be expected in a smaller country. The bathroom was huge. Not sure if all the rooms were handicap accessible, but mine definitely was. Open shower, railings, and a low sink. The bathroom was nearly as big as the room itself! Definitely walker/wheelchair accessible. There are two lifts in the hotel, a wheelchair lift to get to reception, and a nice pub next door with breakfast available. Highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
J
"Good price and location"
It is located in a strategical place close to restaurants, and transportation. Easy access to any touristic point.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Sandra
"OK Experience"
The room is small. No desk is provided, so you have to use your laptop in the bed. The price is OK and neighborhood is quite good. It is opposite to Haymarket train station and light rail.
3 night trip May 26, 2015
Yuezhou
"Edinburgh Tune hotel"
Room literally had 18" of clearance on 3 sides of the bed. Suitcases had to be placed in front of the door creating a safety hazard. Non US hotels don't have washcloths.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Stephen
"Exactly as advertised."
Our room was exactly as we expected. It was small but all we used it for was sleep and a shower. The room was clean and in great shape. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. The staff at the front desk were excellent!!! Location was great, right across from train station and bus stop. There is also a taxi stand just a few yards down the street. Several good places to eat and shop nearby. Great value for the money.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Julia
"Great location for train travel!"
Great location from train station. Right across the street!
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Dollie
"Good for overnight stays"
3 days 4 nights in Edinburgh. Nice location and clean but microscopic rooms. Better to book directly as everything is a la carte. You pay for TV, hair dryer, towels separately. Via hotels dot com all included but you can save 30% or so if you don't want everything and go via their site.
4 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Stopped 1 night over bank holiday weekend good price rooms small but clean and modern Good location
Other trip May 6, 2015
"You get what you pay for."
If you want a cheap hotel that is clean - this is adequate. I would not have wanted to spend more than one night there. It was close to our transportation for our departure so it was just ok. Room is very small - clean enough but we could not get our sink to drain. Perhaps younger travelers would like this if you were on a budget. I am used to a little more luxury. Location is good . No phones in the room so I could not contact the front desk about our sink and since it was late and I was tired I just put up with it til we could leave.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the Haymarket rail station"
The hotel is right opposite the Haymarket station. Very convenient if you have luggage. Also, a good hub for travel around Edinburgh being right next to the bus stop and the tram stop as well. The rooms are very small and mostly occupied with a bed. So it's a little cramped if you're not used to it or if you have large suitcases. For normal size suitcases, there is space under the bed to push the luggage under. The rooms are very clean and nice looking. Bathrooms are immaculate. Very nice and comfortable bed. You will need to pay an extra fee for checking in early and luggage storage so be aware.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Modern, functional and very good value. Rooms fine for one, tight for two. No frills and services as described. BTW, Venere promotion price included towels, wifi, television and safe. Could not fault value. On bus and tram line from airport and walking distance of centre.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Great hotel a little far away"
Hotel was great! Cheap, clean, what I expected. It was a little far from the city center but walking was easy and taxis were cheap
3 night trip with friends Mar 3, 2015
Gemma
"Three week stay in Edinburgh"
Front desk personnel are so helpful and friendly. Hotel is super clean. Location is convenient to transportation. Enjoyed our time there!!
21 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Trina
Brilliant hotel to stay in, amazing value for money. Tram stop right out side so 2 min to centre of Edinburgh and ideal for airport. Rooms are little but have good storage solutions. Would definitely recommend it and we will stay again! Staff very friendly and welcoming. Lovely little pub/wetherspoon type place that is linked for a really good breakfast at a good price. We didnt hear any noise from the pub at all.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"a missed opportunity to be a five star hotel."
The hotel is in a perfect location with trams ,trains , buses and cabs right side the front door. The location is excellent for a short walk the very heart of the city. The rooms are very nice but basic. 1 towel per guest and that would be a bath towel. Not even a hand towel in sight. The worst part of the stay was the bed. The springs were just a sheet away from you skin. There was no padding. I slept on my jacket and sweaters. I would stay the again if i could check the bed first.
2 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
graeme
Would stay again in twin room with friend but rooms are small but clean however we stayed 3 nights and the cleaner never came in once ? Would have been annoyed if with partner but 2 blokes don't really mind but it needs sorting. Saying that hotel was good paid £40 per night between us so cannot moan.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Trendy hotel, great price, close to city center"
We spent 5 nights at the Tune. The rooms are small, but we don't travel to spend time in our hotel room! It is very trendy and the furniture has multiple functions so you really have everything you need. It is right off of Haymarket station so you can catch a train, bus or cab very easily. About a 20 minute walk into the city center of Edinburgh.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015