All hotels in Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
4 Sturgis Corner Dr, Iowa City, IA, 52246, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

4.8
"Great place for a University visit"
We stay at the Iowa City Hampton Inn every time we visit our son at school. It's in a great location - 2 minutes away from campus and downtown. The hotel is always clean, and up to date. The breakfast is good, and the service is excellent.Can't ask for much more than that! I'm surprised every time I see the 2 1/2 star rating - definitely deserves a 3!
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Mary Beth
"great!"
Great comfortable rooms, wonderful staff.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Iowa City interview"
Was in Iowa City for a job interview. Very sharp looking, newer Hampton Inn. Only criticism was the mediocre breakfast the morning of. I'm used to the Hampton breakfast being more "ample". At this one, the hot offerings were only cheap scrambled eggs and French toast sticks. No sausage or ham. The sliced fruit was soggy and unappetizing. Improve that, and I will give this Hampton five *.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Doc
"Hampton Inn is excellent"
Front desk staff and cleaning staff are excellent and friendly. Our plane got in at 9:30am and they allowed us to check in and offered us breakfast. It wil be our go to hotel in future trips to Iowa City.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Toby
Receptionist was not very friendly.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
"Breakfast"
breakfast was suppose to be from 6 - 10am. They were out of oatmeal at 9am. when we asked if there would be more the lady didn't want to make any more..... really???? she gave us a pack of the instant and told us to make some with hot water..... really.... a very bad alternative for those with high blood pressure.... too much sodium in case you don't know. I was very upset. they were low on other things. rest of food not that good. I won't stay here again unless I don't have any other choice.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Good Location"
Good Location. Just over 1 mile walking distance to both downtown and the football stadium. Nice, clean room with a mini fridge.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Great room"
Great room and beds a little over priced... But would stay again
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Close to Univ of Iowa"
Very nice, clean, quiet hotel. Loved that the room had it's own thermostat so the temp was constant.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
"Clean and quiet south of campus"
Hotel was clean, quiet, friendly and I have no complaints whatsoever. Being south of the campus area, it was a little out of the way but also right off of the two highways (6 and 1) which are the main arteries not named route 80.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Bruce
"Excellent Choice!"
Stayed here while my son was at Orientation for the University of Iowa, and we loved this hotel! Everything was great, except location was a little far and secluded but otherwise a nice hotel!
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
Tyler
"Close to University!"
Accommodating staff, clean and beds were soooo comfortable. Great breakfast included! Perfect!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Great hotel Enjoyed our stay!"
Would highly recommend.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
Vicki
Well maintained, clean, hotel. Very convenient if you are visiting U of Iowa. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Well organized, very comfortable"
Right from the start I had a positive impression. Asking for a ground floor room in which to move our bikes, the front desk person immediately set us up with the best possible one. That's good service. Further, the hotel's location is good for reaching downtown, but more importantly our room was very comfortable and well maintained. The breakfast was excellent too. We were very happy with this hotel and would gladly stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
drrichard
"above and beyond!!"
we live close by and used the hotel for a get away. it was our anniversary and his birthday week! what a great staff and hotel! perfect for what we wanted! we already have and will recommend will continue to recommend this hotel.
Response by Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Thank you John for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us celebrating both your anniversary as well as a birthday. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I hope you will allow us the opportunity again in the near future.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
john hefley
"Clean"
Great hotel and amenities. Very clean..................................................
Other trip May 26, 2014
Jake
"College student pick-up"
The room was clean, updated, and comfortable…The location was very convenient to U of I campus, and the staff very attentive, even remembering my name after checking in. Unfortunately sound carries very well in this hotel, and my son and I were woken several times in the night by an arguing couple, and a couple drunk friends.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
The staff was friendly and very helpful. Overall a great place and convenient to the downtown university area.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Better of the 2 Hamptons in town."
Great newer hotel. Very close to campus.
2 night business trip May 4, 2014
Mark R
"Hotel close to college golf tournament"
Excellent facility, staff and breakfast in a comfortable surrounding.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Recommended by relatives in the area"
Very nice Hampton Inn, with a good free breakfast. Front desk at check-in arranged for our large group to have rooms all next to each other. Rooms furnishings were classy, rooms clean, bath products well-stocked, good shower/water pressure.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Cindy
"Always a great stay"
We stay at the Iowa City Hampton Inn whenever we visit our son at University of Iowa. It is located within a 4-5 minute drive to campus, and is close to the downtown area. The hotel itself is always kept up - from the lobby and public areas to the room itself. Everything is kept clean, fresh, and up to date. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. Great workout room with new equipment, and the free breakfast is also really good! The BEST place to stay for comfort, price, and location. This is definitely our go-to hotel while our son is in college.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Mary Beth
Conveniently located just south of the west side dorms.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Annoying Heat/AC Noise"
Everything was ok (not great, just ok), except the heat/ac unit in my room made a loud, annoying humming noise. The hum was periodic....not constant. And the hum occurred when the unit was turned on as well as off.....so there was no way to stop it. Of course, the hum interputed the quality of our sleep. As soon as we fell asleep, the hum would wake us up. Ugh!!!
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Sandy
"Fair hotel for a one night stay"
There was hair on the bed sheet!
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Very nice"
Very nice hotel. New stuff, great pool, very clean.
3 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"comfy cozy"
great stay and close to university of iowa hospitals and clinics.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
comfy cozy
Nice clean rooms staff was very helpful and friendly. They have menus from area restaurants and a list of ones that deliver to the hotel. Would recomend and would stay again.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2014
"Close to U of Iowa and Hospital/Clinics"
Nice friendly front desk. Could have used more staff on a busy evening. But, the stay was very comfortable. Liked that it said sheets and comforter covers changed daily. But, my sheets didn't look like they were fresh as there was dark lint, but they seemed to be clean otherwise. Beside that, the place was clean and well kept. Pool and hot tub very enjoyable. Would stay again. Special price made it really worthwhile.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"Stress Free"
I enjoyed it! No stress. Great location. Very friendly staff.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Convenient and Quiet"
Clean and quiet hotel near the university and adjacent to a nice Asian restaurant.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Everything for a relaxing weekend retreat!"
We wanted to get away from the responsibilities of our business, and spent one night at this hotel. It felt like we had left the state for a warm and relaxing climate. The hotel is so pretty and everything is so clean. The bed was as comfortable as the expensive hotels we have used. The breakfast was probably the best we have ever had in a hotel. There was a choice for everyone's taste. We have already recommended it to family and will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Comfortable Stay"
Was visiting my daughter for the weekend as she was ill. She stayed with me over the weekend. The room was very comfortable. Just a standard room but we slept well. The only thing I wish I had was a fan for white noise machine as you could hear other guests and would have slept better with something to help cancel that noise.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Best value for money you can ever find"
My wife and I stayed at Hampton for 6 nights on our visit to Iowa City and I was absolutely impressed with this hotel. My expectations were pretty high considering previous reviews, but they were definitely exceeded. This place is better than some 5-star hotels that I have stayed at. The room was extremely clean, the staff were very polite. There is a great gym equipped with high quality machines and a nice swimming pool The breakfast buffet was decent. Generally, at that price, you normally do not expect to find something of such quality.
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
"Near everything!"
Friendly staff, comfy bedding. We enjoyed the complementary lobby amenities.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
Deborah
I stay in Hamptons dozens of times a year. This one was clearly brand new but construction was clearly sub standard. Walking across the room things literally bounced and rattled. It felt seriously low rent. Elevator was probably sound but made noise like there was something seriously wrong. Disappointing stay.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Room was neat and clean. Breakfast service was meh. Both mornings had to wait for hot food. Main problem was being overcharged for room. Tried to discuss with desk clerk on Saturday a.m. and she was snarky and blew me off. Ended up I was right. Was charged $116 and $180 for 2 nights with a confirmed rate of $116 for the two nights. Very unsatisfied with that aspect of the experience. Very unavoidable.
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2014
Paula Gordon
The hotel is very clean and the rooms are in great shape. The heater / airconditioner did not shut off and it is pretty noisy, but other than that very quiet in the rooms.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"Great hotel close to University of Iowa Hospitals"
Staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful. My wife is disabled and I am hearing impaired. Staff were very aware of our needs and gave us exactly what we needed. When we needed an extra night's stay it was granted willingly and they provided with the extra towels we needed as a result. Beds were very comfortable, sheets were clean, the room smelled good. Our last stay at a different hotel, the beds left all of us with backaches, the rooms had not been cleaned prior to our arrival. The contrast to Hampton Inn was profound! I would really recommend this hotel to any of our family and friends!
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Brent
"Pleasant stay"
Seems to be a relatively new hotel. We were quite happy with the comfortable bed, the pool and spa were very nice especially at the time of evening that we went and the staff seemed very pleasant. The rooms seemed to be quite clean. We enjoyed the plaques with the room numbers, they were different and neat. Very nice stay and we were able to access it quickly after our appointment at University of Iowa.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
Jenn
"Close to University"
Hotel common areas were clean and relatively new. Convenient location. Rooms were comfortable with plenty of amenities (microwave, refrigerator, etc.) Breakfast buffet was not well stocked and ran out of food every morning. Went to events hungry or stopped for fast food. Cleaning staff generally did not clean rooms until very late in the day and cleaning was not thorough.
4 night trip Dec 18, 2013
"Very nice hotel"
We have always loved Hampton Inns, and this one met our expectations. It was clean, comfortable, and attractive. Right next to a Village Inn and not too far from downtown or our destination, a hawkeye basketball game.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
MJ
"Hotel stay for five days"
There were some very good things about my recent stay. and a few that were disappointing The staff at the front desk were all excellent at all times. The breakfast on a whole was very accommodating and convenient, most appreciated and especially in the bad weather. I would stay with you again if I am in the area. A few things regarding the breakfast and hot foods that were disappointing - the waffle iron was very difficult to prepare, the egg tray was always empty and not refilled for the later guests. The fruit tray was also usually low and little in supply. The kitchen staff was less friendly and appeared disinterested to assist as me. So you were on your own. And the coffee was not really that good,. The room although overall was clean and the housekeeper came each day, ....it appeared she never vacuumed and left behind trash items on the floor. This was the only thing that disturbed me the most. I assume that is a basic housekeeping task.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Dee
The beds were very comfortable. Staff were very pleasant.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2013
"Iowa City Hampton Inn"
Close to our grandkids the best factor. Good Hampton Inn, practically empty as Christmas break for students approaching.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
"Clean and Friendly"
Stayed 1 night for business. Very clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. Good workout room and quiet business center room. Excellent Taqueria about a half mile away if you like authentic Mexican food. Would stay again.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2013
Jman
"Great Services"
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"A really nice place to stay"
Thomas at front desk was very helpful. Dining next door at Village Inn recommended; nice place to eat. But offering right at Hampton for breakfast is good too.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2013
Jim and Dick
Great stay with friendly staff
5 night family trip Nov 16, 2013