All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
333 S Delaware St, Indianapolis, IN, 46204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Weekend Rendezvous"
Coming from different parts of the country we needed a fun respite for a little fun and romance before heading to our next assignments. The Alexander was perfect with an impressive variety of delights served at the hotel's bar Plat 99, fun and inviting modern art infused throughout, clean modern rooms equipped to provide an amazing night's sleep after a night of fun. We definitely intend to go back, and hopefully have more time to enjoy the local restaurants and sites surrounding the hotel. If not the hotel is plenty a getaway in itself.
"Awesome couples weekend"
I booked this for my husbands birthday & our anniversary. The hotel is BEAUTIFUL and the staff are wonderful. Everyone from front desk, resturant and housekeeping. It is a very convieniant location to shopping, sports and historical sites. This hotel is wonderful
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
melody
"Will gladly stay again!"
This is a fabulous hotel! On the edge of downtown, which is slightly less convenient than others. Such a great atmosphere! Fitness center is superb.
3 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Abby
"What are you looking for?"
Excellent property. Great bar. Boutique feel. Walking distance to Lucas, Bankers Fieldhouse, restaurants, bars and entertainment. This is our "go to" hotel when in Indianapolis for the Colts games and it never disappoints.
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Awesome place!"
Was just a one night stay, but it is beautiful and has realy cool artwork. Also a good value for a nice downtown hotel.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Dana
"Artsy hotel close to everything"
Great hotel and really good service. I wish I was there another night
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Great retreat in the city's heart!"
What a cool place to stay. Innovative, spacious, artsy, and hip. Incredibly nice and helpful staff, every hour of the day. A great, sleek, spacious, well housekept room with a fine glass wall looking out on the Indy cityscape. A little distance from the heart of the city, but I expect the neighborhood will build up around it. I was in town for activities swirling around a high school class reunion, so didn't eat or drink here; but a great place to retreat to. Made me feel young and hip again!
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Beautiful hotel, minor issue"
The hotel is beautiful! I did not realize our reservation was in the extended-stay residence section. We were pleasantly surprised with the kitchenette/fridge/dishes. The room was very clean and comfortable, and walking distance to Banker's Life Fieldhouse. The walk under the interstate made me a little nervous at night by myself, but wasn't a long walk. Our room, however, did not have any soap or shampoo in it, not a single bar of soap. I had packed toiletries, but did not bring hand soap for the bathroom. By the time we got to our room and realized, it was too far and too late at night to walk back to main desk and ask. Being so far (a building over) from the main hotel building, I figured it would take to long to bother calling for it.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Rebecca
"Trendy, and comfortable = well worth the trip"
This hotel is GORGEOUS. It is simply beautifully appointed with art installations throughout the venue. Our room was absolutely lovely, with every amenity you could hope for including in room snacks that were not only unique and tasty, but their purchase supported the local community. The staff was helpful and gracious. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Indianapolis after our night at the Alexander.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Rebecca
"Awesome Hotel"
We had a great stay at this hotel. It is very modern and beautifully designed. The service was a little slow but everyone was very friendly. We would definitely stay again
7 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
Natalie
"Great hotel, excellent staff, great hotel bar"
Great hotel, only 4-5 blocks walking distance from Lucas Oil Stadium. Great clean rooms, very relaxing, excellent customer service with the valet and front desk. Hotel bar is trendy with some excellent food, nice bartenders. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms were a little bit pricey, but after our stay it was worth it.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
Aaron
"THE Alexander!"
We stayed 4 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. It was so very comfortable and had many of the conveniences of home. Staff was very helpful and welcoming. When we arrived through a side door entrance, someone from the hotel greeted us with a smile and a warm welcome. The nearby places to visit and restaurants to choose from, are plenty. Indy is a great place to visit and I would without hesitation stay at The Alexander each time.
4 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Douglas
Very enjoyable
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Pamela
"Best Hotel In Indianapolis!!!"
Everything from the room to the hotel staff was incredible! Definitely staying at The Alexander next time I'm in Indy!
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
Cynthia
"Great Boutique Hotel"
Even the morning coffee was excellent Short walk to many restaurants, breweries and venues
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Allyn
"Out of the way, but hidden gem"
A little out of the way...but very nice with a great Lobby bar
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
Stefan
"The Alexander in Indy"
Beautiful hotel in downtown Indy. The Alexander is definitely a four star hotel. The onsite restaurants are also fabulous. Highly recommend Yolk for breakfast.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Robin
"Cool with Perks, but Noisy!"
Cool place. Keurig/Starbucks in room. Would like to have had time to enjoy bar and restaurant, but it was a short trip. Front desk staff took hands on control of issues: no regular coffee and forgotten cell phone. Weird ---noise from upstairs room echoed in our room! That was a problem. Otherwise liked the hotel.
"best in indy"
Room was dirty upon arrival but everything was taken care of and I was also given complimentary champagne.
Damon
"A lovely place to stay."
Started off bad with my room not being ready until an hour later then the heavy rain came through the patio door had to call maintenance and place several towels under the patio door but otherwise I really enjoyed my stay.The parking garage is WAY TO EXPENSIVE.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2015
lori
"Loved it"
Had a great stay on our anniversary and enjoyed the modern decor.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Brad
"Date Night"
We had a wonderful one night stay at The Alexander. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff was outstanding. Close to everything without the chaos that staying downtown can sometimes include.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Yancey
"Awesome stay."
Awesome stay.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
KHAREN
"Among the best"
Loved spending time here on a recent "staycation". This place is a gem. Will be even better as the neighborhood development progresses. I'll recommend this to anyone. Convenient walking to any sporting venue in the downtown area.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Clay
"Great Location to Downtown!"
This hotel is fantastic! There is artwork randomly placed throughout, the rooms were immaculate, and the upgrades were phenomenal!
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Kaitlin
"1-Night Stay in Indy ... with robes and slippers!"
A friend and I arrived in Indy from the Megabus at 12 pm. We were able to check in at 12:30 pm, which was a great surprise. This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. Slippers and robes, complimentary water bottles, and the most comfortable beds ever. The shower head is also no joke. Love having a mini fridge and while I wasn't tempted to indulge in the minibar snacks, it was nice to know they were there. Adjacent to the hotel is Yolk, which was a great spot for breakfast before leaving.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
"Reasonable Advice"
The hotel was fine but if you stay use the bell hop. It costs a bit but can save some headache. The surrounding area was under much construction during our stay. I would also suggest arriving before 7. We arrived in the midnight hours after a concert and that lead to more issues during our stay. The hotel staff was welcoming and took care of us for the issues we encountered.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Great stay, conveniently located. Staff and room quality were excellent.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Staff was wonderful. The bar's balcony area is incredible. We were excited about all the LEED features, including in-room recycling. We'll definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Wedding anniversary stay getaway."
Anniversary date night. Great stay and great price for a 4 star hotel.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Yolanda
"Night out on the town"
It was great we stayed for a comedy show and a night on the town ! This was our second time staying at the hotel and it was wonderful as expected .
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Shaniequa
"Love the Alexander"
We are local but love staying at this hotel when we have fun events going on downtown. Close to the Fountain Square area which is a hot spot for amazing restaurants and some fun bars. We always have great service at The Alexander, the rooms are really nice and comfortable. Restaurant and bar in the hotel are really great. Perfect stay if you are going to a Pacer game or a Colts game...can walk to both venues.
1 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
ashley
"High end comfort"
Truly beautiful hotel featuring impressive and unique art installations throughout common areas and rooms. The bar and restaurant have a great atmosphere, along with great service and food.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Prettier than practical"
An overnight business trip where room aesthetics superceded comfort. Horrible acoustics in the room with a hardwood floor.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
"Local night out"
Anniversary night out. We loved the location, a chance to experience a different part of downtown we don't usually visit much. Easy parking during mid week on the street which was free after 6:00 pm. Hotel was beautiful.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"Comfortable, cool, friendly."
Had a great stay. The bar was great, but service was a little slow. Decor and layout was excellent. Something sticky was still on the floor near the desk - maybe a few drops of a soda or similar, but otherwise the room was spotless. Great lighting and appointments in the room. Rooms were very quiet! Bedding was very comfortable. Every staff person I encountered greeted me with a smile and a polite hello even if just passing in the hallway. I'll be back...
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Phillip
The room was comfortable and very close to eating and sites downtown. Fortunately it did not have the foot or car traffic outside as we have experienced at other downtown hotels. We will definitely stay at this location again.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Don't look further"
Unbelievable stay! Dakota was a treat for us at Platt 99. Hotel was in amazing shape and the art was so intriguing. Our only regret was we only stayed one night! Awesome courtesy and awesome establishment.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
David L
"Great Place!"
Very nice, modern hotel. Nice staff as well.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
Holly
"Mike"
Absolutely amazing. Will stay there again.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Highly Recommend!"
This hotel was modern, spacious, comfortable, and gorgeous. Cool art throughout, awesome bar, and amazing views of the city/Lucas Oil Stadium. It's a quick walk to the bars/restaurants downtown. We would definitely stay there again!
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Elisabeth
"Not Sure about this one"
Would have given a "5" but we had an awful breakdown with room service. So abominable that I thought they should have refunded my entire stay. When a hotel purports to be high end you do expect a minimum level of service but we had such a bad experience not sure I could recommend the hotel even though the place was beautiful and room was great. They did promptly refund our room service charges without any hesitation. Maybe an isolated breakdown??
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
keith
"So disappointing! Room smelled of mold/mildew."
I booked a room here for a family member and was so excited to try out this new hotel. On the positive side, the decor is lovely and the art installments are really amazing -- worth a visit even if you are not staying at the hotel. When I met my family for breakfast in the morning, they told me the room was pretty awful. I went to take a look for myself and sure enough, there was a horrible smell in the room of mold/mildew. Not just a little, but completely overpowering! The towels and toilet paper felt damp with humidity and the floor was sticky with something. I couldn't believe they had spent the entire night in the room! They don't travel much and had small, sleepy child with them so I guess asking for a clean, odor-free room was challenging late at night. There were also tears in the sheets (large!) and a raggedy rug in the bathroom -- really not up to par with the rest of the hotel. I went to the front desk at check out to complain. I offered to go up to the room with someone so they could experience how bad the smell was. The woman at the front desk was very apologetic and said the situation was not in keeping with their level of service. She saw that I had booked through a third party so she couldn't give us a direct refund. She said she would make a note on the account and I simply needed to call the booking service, explain the situation, and I would get a full refund. She also said the next time we were in town she wanted to offer us a free room. I w
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Classy hotel in a great location"
Stayed here for Indy500 weekend. Great location; we walked to all nearby restaurants and bars easily. Parking around the hotel was free on the weekend and easy to find, so check before you valet. Didn't go to their restos but heard Cerulean is very good from a local friend. The rooms are modern, spacious, and clean. Decor throughout hotel is modern and interesting. Would definitely recommend the Alexander to others.
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Great Hotel perfect for downtown Indy adventure"
Loved it close proximity to party life just s tiny bit off the beaten path
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Brenda
"Great location for us we visit twice a year."
We felt that the lobby on the first floor did not do you any justice. I know they have the little contemporary seating with the small table, but the room looked barren and incomplete. At first we thought it was still under construction. The lighted sign in the hallway has a white note on it that from a distance looks like a white piece of paper that someone attached to the wall sign. I believe it was a welcome sign. I liked the plants in the front window, but they needed some tall plants in that hallway going back away from the elevator. You couldn't be sure that was even part of the hotel. We also felt that you needed some artwork or nice paintings or pictures on the wall in that entryway. I'm sure someone felt that had a nice contemporary look, but we did not think so. Once you get to the second floor it was a whole different picture. Very nice from there on.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"No complaints!"
Couldn't have been better.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Marly
Great hotel, ambiance, comfort, amenities, and staff.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Great stay in Indy"
Great place - Only complaint is that the Valet Parking is outrageous
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
"Weekend Getaway at the Alexander A+"
Hotel was very nice, room was amazing. Great bars inside the hotel. Only negative was no pool but everything else inside the hotel made up for it. Hotel is half hotel/half condos so unbeknownst to us upon arrival our room had s full kitchen and huge bathroom. This is our new Indy hotel for sure..
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015