All hotels in Lijiang, China
NO.33, Sanyuan Village, Baisha Old TownYulong County, LijiangYunnan674100China, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Great amenities
    Rather comfortable
    Great room
    Quite clean
"Quiet, beautiful, good service and location"
The hotel is super quiet. Mr Li is very helpful. It's easy and fast to get to the Dragon Snow Mountain and Suhe as well as Lijiang with Nr 6 bus. We both found that it was a great idea not to stay in the busy and loud city centre of Lijiang but in this wonderful village. There are some cafės and restaurants as well as shops and old ladies selling vegetables. If you want something special, choose this hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"Wonderfully quiet, good service, great location."
Very quiet hotel. I hadn't slept without the noise of traffic in China for quite a while. Great service. Mr Li Dong upgraded our room and organised transportation to the Tiger Leaping Gorge for us. The hotel is conveniently located. Bus Nr 6 takes you in no time either to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain or to Suhe and Lijiang. All in all it was so much better than staying in the loud and crowded old town of Lijiang.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
Marc
"Quiet and comfortable"
We spent 3 nights here in a mountain view room that was beautifully-appointed, with a comfortable bed and spacious shower that had heat lamps as well as hot water. It was cold in March and the bed has a heating pad, which was good. The owners speak good English but were away most of the time we were there. The other staff were helpful but inexperienced, having been there only 1 week to 1 month. The hotel arranged train and airport transfers and a car for trip to Tiger Leaping Gorge. Would recommend this if you want to stay in the small village of Baisha rather than Lijiang.
Response by Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang
Thanks for your review . Yes ,the owner of our resort can speak fluent English and Japanese . Because he used to be a tour guide . At the present , the staffs working in the resort majored in English , and we're trying our best to make progress in helping our guests .
3 night romance trip Mar 23, 2014
upstate new yorkers
"Beautiful place"
Overall a terrific and beautiful place decorated in a traditional style. Rooms are large and beautiful. Bedding terrific. My only "complaint" is that while it is ideally located for DAYTIME action, the area around BuddhaZen is DEAD at night. Nothing is open after around 7 - it feels like a ghost town! That said, it is an easy taxi ride to where the action is!
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Alan
"Wonderful staff"
Mis was most helpful, would have been very lost without her help. Room was very charming.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Jeanne
"Quiet, nice place to stay near Lijiang"
This is a very nice place to stay with remarkable views of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The main street in the little town of Baisha is a 5 minute walk and offers nice food and shopping. Bus service to Lijiang and up to Jade Village is convenient and costs 1 yuan. The rooms at the Baisha Holiday Resort are spacious and comfortable.
Response by Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang
Thanks a lot for your review . Our resort is in Baisha Old Town which is far away from Lijiang Old Town , so it' s quite peaceful and quiet . Our resort is just nestled in the opposite of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain , so if you stay on the second floor of our resort , you can see the snow mountain clearly . Thanks again for choosing our resort to stay when you in Lijiang .
Other trip Jan 19, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Absolutely wonderful."
This hotel is an old family home full of peaceful atmosphere with great views of the mountains. The owners are super helpful and speak English well. They went the extra mile to make us feel extremely welcome and at home away from home. The location in a tiny village is like going back in time to a more traditional way of life. You
3 night romance trip Mar 23, 2016
Gunther
"Beautiful hotel"
Great hotel. Amazing for the price. Fabulous food. the manager is excellent - he can't do enough to help and make you feel at home and comfortable. Great view of the mountain. Authentic style. Very clean. Best experience and cheapest in Yunnan. Road outside under construction at the moment but not a problem as the friendly staff carry your suitcases for you.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"If you like the old China feel"
I like the facade of the hotel, it's a quaint old Naxi house. The architect. Skept and not much alterations done to the rooms. So when you use the toilet, the people in the bedroom are able to see you. There is no door but a cloth that does not hide your privacy. A surprise for see for us but the kids were ticked .
Response by Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang
Thank you very much for your review . Oue resort is in Naxi style , so it's quite ancient and traditional . In order to express Naxi culture , we use tiedye cloth hanging to instead of door of the bathroom . Maybe you 'll feel a little strange . But it's just a kind of Naxi style .
3 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
Irene Yeo
SG
"Great service"
Our 5-night stay at Baisha was overall very pleasant. The courtyards and architecture gave the place a very homely feeling, and provided a lovely view of the Yulong Mountain. The helpers working there were very attentive, and met our needs very quickly. Our only annoyance was the number of houseflies that flew into our room, but we borrowed the fly zapper from the resort and spent one evening trying to catch them. The resort was also very helpful with arranging tours and transportation at reasonable prices. The location (Baisha Ancient Old Town) is still developing, and thus very quiet. It was perfect for us as we wanted a place that was quiet. When you're visiting Si Fang Square just down the road from the resort, check out the family restaurant opposite BaiSha Times. It sells very affordable and tasty dishes!
Response by Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang
Thanks very much for your review . First ,we feel so sorry about houseflies . We'are trying our best to deal with them every day . But because Baisha Old Town is just a countryside and locals don't think much about environmental protection , so we can find few trash bins in the street . That's why there are lots of houseflies in Baisha . I think every hotel is confused with the houseflies' problem . Anyway , we continue to fight with the disgusting flies . We hope that the government in Baisha should do something to improve the environment .
5 night romance trip May 3, 2014
SG
"Traditional design in quiet village"
If you're looking for a quiet stay and a taste of traditional Chinese village life, Baisha is a better choice than Lijiang. The hotel itself is very nicely decorated and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Response by Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang
Thanks for your review . Yes , our resort is located in Baisha Old Town , which is a very quiet place .. Because unlike the other two old towns ,Baisha isn't commercial at all . Moreover , our resort is in Naxi style , so the architecture is quite fascinating .
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
HK
"Hard to find, but worth it"
This hotel is difficult to get to, but once you get there it is worth it. The standard rooms are top quality for an affordable price. The rooms provide you with everthing you need and more, including WIFI in your room. There is a beautiful view of Yulong Snow Mountain. If you're looking for a comfortable, relaxing stay, this hotel is ideal.
Response by Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang
Thanks a lot for your review . Our resort is close to Sifang Street , it takes about 3 minutes' walk to get to our resort . If you're on Sifang Street , go west for about 150 meters , it's just on the right . You can find it easily . Yes , you will feel quite peaceful and relaxed during your stay here .
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2013
Cian
"Great location for a countryside break"
We stayed for 8 nights at the end of a month of travelling in China - we were looking for a relaxing week to cycle and walk and explore rural Yunnan. The location was great for this - a non commercial village with the more commercial Lijiang and Shuhe easily accessible . The hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. Bikes were available for hire and of good quality. We ate in the village at the Roadside Cafe and the food was excellent - fresh and simple.
Response by Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang
Thanks so much for your review and sharing your experience during your stay at our resort . Our resort is nestled in Baisha Old Town ----- a non- commercial village . If you don't want to go outside , there're lots of things to do in the resort , like reading on the swing while drinking a cup of Pu'er tea , enjoying the sunshine or just daydreaming . It's so pleasant .
8 night trip May 12, 2013
Sheila

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"짱짱!!"
나시족 전통 가옥에서 자서 아주 좋은 경험이었고, 사장님이신 MR. LEE께서 현시 특산 차도 시음하게 해주시고 주변 관광지까지 픽업도 해주셔서 아주 편리하고 좋은 여행이 되었습니다^^
2 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2016
Bo Kyu
KR
"Cosy vintage resort and wonderful service"
The service was outstanding and trustable, You are able to fully rely on the staff to arrange local tour and provide visiting information. It is more like stay in a friend's house rather than a resort. Room was simple but provided more than the room charge should be. Very nice garden which I spent lots of time to take pictures. The only disadvange is the inconvenience location makes difficult to reach tourist spots and need to pay a bit more on transportation.
5 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Gloria
HK
Tyvärr var vägen utanför under reparation och i det närmaste ofarbar även till fots. I övrigt allt till belåtenhet.
6 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
SE
"發呆的好地方"
整體都滿意
谢谢你对我们客栈做出简短的评价!确实,这是个发呆的好地方。也感谢你在众多客栈中选择我们客栈入住!
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
TW

TripAdvisor reviews for Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang

"Delightful traditional Chinese style hotel, small quaint rooms all facing lovely courtyard"
04/10/16 cgates50 Merida, Mexico
Loved this small traditional quaint hotel in delightful Baisha Ancient village 8 km from Lijiang and has views of snow covered mountains. Two story building surrounds the courtyard with lovely seating outside each room. Stayed 4 nights and highly recommend. English speaking Manager. Local bus number 6 takes 15 minutes into Lijiang, and easy to explore nearly villages and good walks. Tony organised a great day trip to Tiger Leaping gorge for me. Catch taxi from bus station - 50 - 60 yuan. Phone hotel and Tony or his wife will meet you at entrance of Ancient village.
"Unforgettable Travel in Lijiang-I will come back"
04/06/16 757050860 Kunming, China
A few days ago, my boyfriend and I went to Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang. What made us surprise is that the owner of this hotel could speak English very well. So this made this trip more convient and cozy. Besides, the environment of this hotel is really comfortable, nearly perfect facilities, delicate foods and simple realitionships all made us want to come back again. Come on,friends. Trust me, you will like it.
"Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang? Nice hoilday resort!"
04/06/16 justoneminute Manhattan Beach, California
I spent five days alone here in Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang when I traveled here last month, and I do love such quiet places. The rooms was big enough and the bed was really comfortable for stressed people like me. The staff there, were really helpful, friendly and patient. I was able to have a good look at the Snow Mountain cause the good location of this resort. In all, the Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang was totally worth it!
"A nice boutique hotel of Baisha town"
04/06/16 772079501 Kunming, China
We just come back from Lijiang after the Qingming holidays. This holidays was really a relax one. We overnight at Baisha holiday resort for 2 nights. It is a very lovely and peaceful boutique hotels with only 12 rooms and center location of Baisha town which is far away from the tourists crowned Lijiang Old Town. The room is large and comfortable. Boss and staffs are friendly and always gave your warm suggestion of travel. Here you can saw the Jade Dragon mountain just from room of hotel. The typical Nanxi style courtyard of hotel is a best lace to reading a book, enjoy the sunbath or have a cup of tea with your friends. The restaurant offered both nice Chinese and western food.. I would like recommend staying here for at least 2-3 nights to soak in the peaceful atmosphere, meeting and charting with the nice good people, enjoy the relaxed pace of life.
"Impressed me a lot-Baisha Holiday Resort in Lijiang"
12/08/15 Daisy W Beijing, China
I love the peaceful place like Baisha Town. The hotel has local ethnic feature, which is the main reason why I chose Baisha Holiday Resort. My family and I had very good rest these days owing to the quiet and comfortable environment. Thank you to the staff of the resort, they are very friendly and enthusiastic impressed me a lot during this tours in Yunnan. The resort has a good location because we can see Snow Mountain. All in all, I think it's a good local resort for every travelers in Lijiang tours.
"Came back to Lijiang after a year"
12/08/15 604651453
I spent three days and two nights in Lijiang on 4th and 5th December,i pretty enjoyed the days in this city,especially miss the time in baisha holiday resort. It was my second time staying overnight in this home-like guesthouse. I chose to stay in the room next to the relax-balcony on the second floor where you can face up to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and enjoy the sunlight in the daytime. I highly recommend it to other backpackers who are planning to visit to Baisha Ancient Town.
"Nice and comfortable boutique hotel"
12/08/15 Tong S Singapore, Singapore
We stayed at the Baishaholiday resort for 2 nights during our Yunnan trip.This is a great value-for-money boutique hotel in Baisha,Lijiang . Staffs are very polite and helpful and the breakfast is good. When you first enter Baisha holiday resort , you get an feeling that you're literally entering someone's home in the ancient Chinese imperial times,the furnitures are in ancient times .I would highly recommend this hotel for its facilities, its location(so quiet at night since it`s loceted in Baisha village), and most of all, its excellent and caring staff.
"super, wonderful stay in Baisha Holiday Resort"
12/07/15 Justin W New Orleans, Louisiana
I was seeking for quietness, comfortable local guesthouses. To my great joy, I came across this hotel when I was touring in Baisha Old Town. This is the exact place I want to stay. As for the hotel location, conditions, and services, all of which I was quite content. When I am going to that beautiful little town again, surely I will choose Baisha Holiday Resort for staying.
"Charming accommodations & location--with recommendations of things to see & do"
09/16/15 GlobalTeachers Bend, Oregon, USA
My wife and I (from San Francisco) greatly enjoyed our two-week stay at Baisha Holiday Resort and meeting the family staff who are very friendly and helpful. The owners, Bruce and Wanda (their English names), speak English quite well and are members of CITS who are qualified to arrange and recommend tourism activities. On short notice, Wanda helped us purchase tickets for the outstanding Mountains Rivers Show (Lishi Jinsha Song & Dance Ensemble) in Lijiang at a good price. Wanda obtained excellent seats for us and our Swiss friends. Baisha Holiday Resort is centrally located in the village and provides a quiet ambience with traditional Chinese wood carving architecture, a beautiful courtyard and view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The lobby and each room is decorated with ornate window frames and Chinese carved wooden furniture. The courtyard is filled with large peonies, roses and other flowers. The lush green garden is very natural and the backyard has a large walnut tree. The courtyard provides a quiet open space with fresh air to read or plan the sightseeing activities. Walk to the rooftop to see a grand view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Several courtyard walls are painted with scenes of flowers, mountains and rivers. We had reliable hot water, WiFi, a western toilet and a large, nicely tiled, bathroom floor and shower. Baisha Holiday Resort is also convenient for visiting Jade Water Village and the famous and spectacular Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Bikes are available to rent at the hotel. From Baisha, we took the 6A bus to visit another ancient town called Shuhe. Note: the buses stop operating at 7:30 or 8:00 p.m., but taking a taxi at a modest price (30-50 yuan) is an option. From Baisha, both the 6A and 6B buses travel close to Dayan (the ancient city area in Lijiang). The bus fare is one yuan. We chose to stay in Baisha to experience the traditional lifestyle of the Naxi people and local farmers. Baisha is quaint and genuine. Naxi people speak their local language which is quite different from Mandarin. We saw many farmers walking healthy cows through town to pasture and local farmers selling their fresh harvest. In the evenings, my wife joined the nightly Naxi dancing. The Naxi women welcomed her and taught her the dance steps even with the language barrier. My wife fell in love with the two small puppies. One is brown and one is white so their names are Xiao Hai and Xiao Bai. Both dogs had been abandoned and now are warmly loved by the family of Baisha Holiday Resort who rescued them. The “must see” and “must do” in Baisha and nearby are: (1) Visit the Naxi Embroidery Institute to see elegant silk artwork and to view the large map on a courtyard wall of the Silk Road, (2) Jade Water Village and (3) a day trip to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain – must see the Impressions of Lijiang which is a spectacule in an outdoor amphitheater with the mountaintop in the background, involving about 500 ethnically attired performers and horses as well. We stayed at Baisha Holiday Resort until our new apartment became available nearby. We are in the area for several months to visit charming Lijiang and other parts of Yunnan Province.
"Good rural experiences with local style and good services"
08/11/15 ExploreTibet-Sonam Lhasa, China
We spent a night at this hotel which is recommended by a friend, it is located in the Baisha old town and the hotel itself is built based on the local old house and room structure and hotel campus are well preserved as old Naxi style, the hotel manager is very friendly and hotel room is comfortable, if you want to avoid the city crowds and enjoy different experiences in Lijiang, then this is a good choice. The hotel room we stayed has a big bed that fit for me, my wife and my daughter, then bathroom inside the room.