All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1050 31st St Nw, Washington, DC, 20007, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great amenities
    Awesome vibe
    Great pool
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
"Charming hotel in center of Georgetown"
Made to feel not only welcome but spoiled the entire stay at the hotel. Jason, the manager, could not be better.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
mary
Overall a nice hotel in an outstanding location. Would have been disappointed though, if I had paid full price. I used a hotels.com reward instead. Rooftop bar had no one up there when we went to get a drink, pool smaller than anticipated, bathroom countertop was water stained so it looked like it hadn't been cleaned, and sink would back up with water while brushing teeth. Eventually drained on its own. Would have expected more fur a >$500/night, 5 star hotel.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Georgetown Gem"
This is a beautiful hotel in Georgetown. The staff is perfection. They have a perfect blend of professionalism and friendliness. They are true hospitality pros. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are spa like. The common rooms are beautiful. the rooftop is a perfect place to watch the sun set. It is expensive but worth it.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Couldn't be better"
We were met by our personal assistant upon entering the hotel, and she proceeded to make us feel completely at ease and welcomed. She personally directed us to our (upgraded) suite and conducted a tour of the suite for us. A lovely dinner was sent up from the dining room which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our accommodations were just about as perfect as could be. By far the finest hotel we've EVER stayed at.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Barb
"Exceptional"
This is an ultra luxury experience. The staff is extremely cordial and the room, a deluxe suite was amazing. Don't miss the rooftop deck and lounge area.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Perfect 50th Anniversary"
My wife and I wanted to treat ourselves to a luxurious, adult hotel while staying in DC for our 50th wedding anniversary. Don't think we could have done better than Capella. Georgetown is a pleasure for diners. Public transportation -- the "Circulator", Metro, busses, and cabs -- are so convenient and inexpensive. 50 cents each for seniors to get to Union Station at the Capitol. Capella is a wonderful place to come to after a day of touring. Capella treated us exceptionally. EG, provided breakfast while we waited for an early room. Complimentary champagne for our first night. The staff was always interested in our comings and goings in a genuine, friendly way. Unique hotel setup, an outstanding design, not only physically but psychologically. It's very secure. The two-year-old Capella is real classy, but the staff makes it equally homey. We loved the indoor/outdoor pool. One morning we swam in the falling snow! What fun, what freedom. We look forward to another reason to celebrate like this.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Great customer service, some room issues"
The customer service in every aspect was impeccable. The room was clean and the location of the hotel(Georgetown) is very good. However, there were a few issues with the following: water kept leaking from the shower into the rest of the bathroom each time we took a shower. We complained, maintenance crew came promptly, however, the leak continued, likely due to faulty shower design more than anything. We asked for foam pillows, did not get them for a couple of days. The curtains and bedside lights are controlled by remote panels; the control panel on one side of the bed did not work, had to use the master panel to turn everything off.
5 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"DC for 4 nights"
Nice Boutique Hotel in Georgetown. Only issue is that it is one a 2 way ridiculously narrow street. So if you are driving, good luck.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Licia
"Wonderful hotel located in beautiful Georgetown"
The staff was very welcoming and friendly. We got apple tarts and chocolates in the evening and a nice little breakfast in the "living room" in the morning - fruit, pastries, coffee. We were offered water bottles as we left; it was a very hot and humid day, so they were very much appreciated! There is a coffee machine and tea pot in the room as well as cold beverages - all included. The rooftop bar is very relaxing; we were up there during a rain shower and it was so peaceful. The drinks were good; I had a limeade cocktail that was super refreshing. They were very expensive though - our bill was over $90 and that included the cocktail and 2 glasses of red wine.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
MJ
Everything about Capella was great! Highly recommend it.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
sam
"Best hotel I have ever stayed in"
As a frequent traveller, I have stayed in many hotels. Staying at Capella DC has set the bar so high that I know I will only be disappointed staying in other hotels now. The service was superb; the room was fantastic (corner suite overlooking the C&O canal); the food and drinks were awesome; the amenities (roof top infinity pool) were spot on; decor and maintenance were great...absolutely the most perfect hotel experience I have ever had. It was almost surreal.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"DC Getaway"
First time I have tried the Capella and it was an amazing experience, from the moment you step into their reception area and are taken to a beautiful library setting which turns out to be their check in area. The entire experience was perfection. The staff cannot be nicer and more accommodating. The rooms were manicured to every detail, macaroons and chocolate truffles at you bedside ! Lush bathrobes, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the technology was very updated. Bathrooms and shower are very large and beautifully decorated. Their doormen were just amazing and knowledgeable of the area restaurants and bars as well as the concierge. Their bar was great best "Older Fashion" I ever had! Great atmosphere and meeting place. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, but specially couples and business.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Vivian
"Pool was the highlight"
Great hotel, excellent service. For the price, I was a bit disappointed in the room. Didn't have much character. But it was very clean. The services they offer are amazing, and the pool and rooftop were very enjoyable.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2014
top notch !! the best
1 night trip May 7, 2014
JFK
"Top Notch All Around"
We truly enjoyed our stay at the Capella. The staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating from beginning to end and delivered each and every time.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"service not as good as hotel"
the problem I found is that the terrace has no bar and was understaffed. I saw the same person attending breakfast, lunch and dinner!!! the bar was very nice but she had no wine knowledge. They need to bring more professional staff and they need more waitress at the morning breakfast and better the beautiful terrace with a nice bar.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"One of the nicest hotels ever!"
Capella is a beautiful hotel. I love the size, the decor and the bar. One of the best things about it is the rooftop patio. We had drinks and appetizers delivered there and enjoyed the nice weather. I could have stayed up there all night. Although small, our room was very clean. The view wasn't that great and the bathroom was set up for wheelchairs which is great for handicap individuals but not so great for us. There is no shower door or curtain so water went everywhere. (Room 208) The reason I didn't give Capella a perfect rating is because both times we ordered our breakfast through room service, it was wrong. It's still a great place to stay and in a great neighborhood.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great hotel in a great spot."
My husband, my teenage daughter, and myself stayed at the Capella while on a college tour visit to Georgetown University. The hotel is beautiful and the service was impeccable. My husband and I enjoyed drinks in the bar, and we also had my daughter's friends meet us for brunch in the hotel restaurant. The brunch was to die for! This is a super location for doing anything in Georgetown, as we walked everywhere, even to the University. Our only complaint came from my daughter, that her rollaway bed was not very comfortable. We were given an extra duvet to try to pad the bed, which did help some. If you enjoy a top notch hotel, I would highly recommend this property.
2 night trip Mar 23, 2014
"Great location!"
Very unique and elegant hotel. Will definitely be back!
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2014
LMB
"Stellar service, classic design, superb dining"
Having an appreciation for off the beaten path, unique hotels, we were very intrigued by the rave reviews from friends and travel experts. The interior architecture is the perfect combination of classic and modern, with rich woods and clean lines paired with plush white bedding and drapery. The personal assistants contacted us before our arrival to ascertain any special requests and introduce themselves before our stay. The Grill Room never disappointed; every meal was an experience that dazzled the senses. The only negative was having to say goodbye.
3 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Cory
"Most well coming Hotel Ever"
We strongly believe you cannot feel more welcome in any hotel anywhere in the world, more than Capella. We stayed for two nights and OMG. State of the art rooms and very well trained staff
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2013
Bob H
"Second stay was once again perfection!"
This is one of those hotels that truly has to be experienced. The ability to communicate just how incredible this place is veers on the impossible. Obviously the facilities, rooms, and all of the fixtures are beyond luxurious; by that I mean luxury taken to a level beyond the most luxurious hotel you can think of. But what truly makes Capella special is the fact that this place could be incredibly stuffy and pretentious, but somehow it totally avoids any shred of that. No matter how amazing the hotel is, if I feel uncomfortable or not totally at ease I will not return and this is a hotel I hope to visit frequently. How they managed to strike a balance between down to earth and super exclusive is beyond me but once again I stand in awe of the staff and their incredible dedication.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Matt C
"Truly a Class Act!"
Ultra Luxurious, perfectly sized hotel with amazing amenities. This is worth a splurge for so many reasons: A fantastic, down to earth staff; the best rooms (and bathrooms) in D.C.; you don't feel nickle and dimed (free drinks and snacks in your room) and free clothes pressing; fast, free wifi; a stellar rooftop pool and bar area; the pool is open 24hrs and has a fireplace next to it when it gets cold outside; the best possible location in Georgetown: Near everything but on a quiet side street.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
Matt C
"Elegant & comfortable hotel !"
Fully satisfied & glad to spend my time there! My family liked it also!
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Victoria
"Great Hotel in a great location and service"
I had decided to go Washington DC and a couple of other cities in the US for my vacation. After my trip to Europe fell apart. I started my vacation in Wachington DC. I researched the web and found this wonderful hotel. Not only was it in a great location in Georgetown but the service was excellent. The staff makes you feel at home and is always helpful. They go out of their way to make your trip feel 5 star. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that wants a great getaway and service to match.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Best get away with the highest standards...."
The location of the hotel is in the heart of Georgetown and a short walk to Washington Harbor. The hotel's amenities and atmosphere was so relaxing. My husband and I had our 3 young daughters with us. They absolutely loved the rooftop pool. The staff was so accommodating to all of our requests and went far and behind what they had too. We had such an attentive staff to us while relaxing up on the rooftop. This is a wonderful 'get away' and a hotel my family and I will definitely go back too. I recommend this luxurious hotel to all for a truly wonderful relaxing
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Xtinaki

"Horrible experience"
This is one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed, mainly for their service (or, more accurately, lack thereof). The check-in staff were unfriendly, unhelpful and at times, down right rude. We were downgraded to a room because we requested a single bed room instead of two separate beds. We were never given any choice or even an apology for being downgraded. We were made to carry our own belongings from our original room to the new one. The check-in staff even told me to bring over the complementary biscuits. The toilet roll holder was falling off the wall, and the ceiling paint job in the shower looked amateur at best. This was meant to be a special occasion (anniversary), but thanks to the staff, we will not have a very special memory of our night in Georgetown.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
SG
"Brilliant."
Amazing! Will definitely stay again if I visit Washington in future.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2015
"Great hotel in ideal location"
This hotel is very plush, and very well stuated close to the waterfront and Georgetown facilities
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Christine
"Great Hotel, amazing service"
One of the best stays I´ve ever had. Great service and amazing staff.
3 night trip Jan 30, 2014
MX
"Elegant boutique hotel in centre of Georgetown"
Our stay at the Capella Washington at the end of December into the New Year 2014 was an absolutely delightful experience. From courteous and ever helpful staff to the beautifully comfortable and spacious bedroom, luxuriously soft dressing gowns, towels and bathroom products, our four day visit to Washington DC could not have been more perfect. I would definitely come back. Heide Eyles
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"An outstanding experience"
I recently spent a night at the Capella hotel with my girlfriend for an in town getaway whilst visiting her in DC. The attention to detail in this hotel is outstanding. Everything from the check-in to check-out is done perfectly. My girlfriend was strangely quiet throughout the check-in I realised, once we reached our room, it was because she was trying to hold herself together from how amazed she was by the hotel. The staff provided the best service I have ever experienced in a hotel. The room perfect and the rainfall shower a hit. That evening we enjoyed a few drinks, from an outstanding red wine list, on the rooftop bar. The view from the bar is beautiful. Afterwards we had dinner at the Grill Room. The food - and once again the service - was superb, we ordered the strip loin and scallops. The flavours of the food were amazing. I will definitely return to the Capella with my girlfriend whenever we are looking for a short getaway.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2013

"Amazing service"
Amazing hotel and service. Would definately recommend and visit it again. Valet parking is USD 52 per night!!! Room was big and great, minibar (non-alcoholic) was free. Rooftop bar was partly closed during our stay. We did have chance to use it one night, but would have been great to know in advance.
5 night family trip May 7, 2015
Claus
DK
"Hotellet du ikke vil hjem fra!"
TripAdvisor placerer dette hotel som nr. 2 i Washington. Vores forventninger var derfor høje og alle vores forventninger (og flere til) blev indfriet. Hotellet er beliggende i hyggelige Georgetown - i gåafstand til shopping og restauranter. Det tager ca. 10 minutter i taxa at køre til Det Hvide Hus & The National Mall. Hotellets personale yder en formidabel service 24/7 - man føler sig meget velkommen. Værelset var luksoriøst og indbydende med udsigt mod kanalen. Vil man forkæle sig selv, er dette stedet at tage til. Vi kommer meget gerne tilbage og anbefaler på det varmeste hotellet.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Tina
DK
"Bästa hotellet i Washington DC alla kategorier!"
Fantastisk personal!
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
SE
Отель новый, очень неплохой, находится в хорошем месте, великолепный современный дизайн, но среди минусов можно выделить, что в номере был сломан слив в душе, который в итоге так и не починили за время пребывания там, и приходилось принимать душ с оторванной плиткой на полу, чтобы не затопить ванную комнату. Качество обслуживания в номерах среднее, т.к. вечернюю уборку делали через раз. Консьержи внимательные, но молодые и видимо не совсем опытные в предложении услуг постояльцем отелей такого уровня, при нашей просьбе найти гольф-клуб, мы были отправлены в городской гольф-клуб, который был переполнен людьми, качество игрового оборудования было ужасным и т.п.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2013
ES
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
PE

TripAdvisor reviews for Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown

"One of my favourite hotels"
02/03/16 McFP Zurich, Switzerland
Great hotel, very friendly staff, convenient location, nice bar with good drinks and snacks. I received a complementary room upgrade and loved the nice bathtub. Only the rooftop pool could be improved (more and warmer water). Everything else was perfect. Can recommend this hotel to anyone.
"Great service and luxury"
02/03/16 KellM2013 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The hotel lobby has an intimate feel but the rooms are luxurious and spacious. The staff makes sure that you have everything you need - jumping up to get us bottle of water or change our checkout time to the afternoon to make it more convenient. Also, when leaving the road was blocked off for construction, two staff members ran up and down the street trying to find the right person to move a construction truck so we could get out. We really enjoyed our time here, the closeness to the monuments and proximity to all the cute shops/restaurants in Georgetown.
"Outstanding service from Marcus Lee"
01/08/16 Nathan K
Our second stay at the Capella was somehow more outstanding than the first. Beautiful rooftop and top notch service. Marcus Lee, one of the guest relations managers, made our stay especially memorable. Highly recommend this hotel - we are excited to try out the Capella in St. Lucia in February.
"A Pleasant Surprise"
01/04/16 brobar New York City, New York
We needed to go To DC to attend a funeral and booked the Capella as a first try primarily due to location. We were very pleasantly surprised with the lovely accommodations, personal and genuine service, restaurant and bar. The hotel is small and intimate and conveniently located. We were only there for a night but would return again and highly recommend.
"Luxury with attention to detail"
01/04/16 Jennifer P Chicago, Illinois
My son and I came in town for Georgetown baseball tryouts. A Personal Assistant called me twice to see what I needed prior to the stay. She arranged dinner reservations and excursions that I had requested. However, as we were preparing to leave for the trip we had a family crisis with an illness, so needless to say I was stressed to the max. After speaking with Marcus, he and the staff went out of their way to take great care of us. They rearranged our reservations and made sure everything was taken care of. I spent some time in the library each evening to relax. We had breakfast every morning in the restaurant which was excellent. The hotel is located close to everything in Georgetown and easy to walk around. We used Uber to get to other places not in walking distance. I felt very cared for which means the world to me. They didn't have to take the extra steps but they saw a guest in distress and stepped in to make a little easier. We have stayed at other Capella properties and have found they are committed to excellence and a quality experience.
"Christmas Stay"
01/04/16 John M Springfield, Massachusetts
Great Georgetown location--room on canal was very quite and elegant--service by the dinning room staff was impeccable, food outstanding, the gnocchi was the best we have experienced--a must! The hospitality was friendly and warm--we will make the Capella our hotel of choice in DC
"Stylish luxury but tiny rooms"
12/20/15 TheCains Chicago, Illinois
This hotel is in a great location. The appointments and service are superb. Attention to detail. Very, very high end. The hotel guest only lounge with fireplace is really nice. The only "down" side is the standard rooms are tiny, particularly in comparison to the Four Seasons.
"Elegant hotel, excellent service, perfect location"
12/18/15 Lela A New York City, New York
The Capella Hotel is our favorite hotel in Washington and our most recent visit was especially wonderful. My husband and I took our son to DC after Thanksgiving and thanks to Capella we had a much needed and really special getaway. Just steps away from Capella you can enjoy the Waterfront Park and great shopping. Capella is a hidden retreat in the middle of a busy city and it has the best rooftop in DC. absolutely magical watching the planes land while sipping champagne and admiring the views of the Kennedy Center, Washington Monument, and the rooftops of Georgetown. The service was exceptional. The staff was extremely professional, discreet, and pleasant. The guest living room is beautiful and the perfect place to start the day with a coffee and newspaper by the fire. We had drinks on the rooftop every night and also had an excellent breakfast Sunday morning at the restaurant. We used the gym and rooftop pool- nothing like it in DC. Our room was beautiful and we can't wait to return again!
"3.5 Stars"
12/03/15 OctM London, United Kingdom
This hotel is in a great position for local restaurants and walking around George Town. Using Uber it's simple to also navigate to downtown (avoid rush hour) and see the museums / also get over to Arlington. Checking in was fairly simple. I had booked using Tablet Plus (paid benefits), and no mention of this in check in and no upgrade which should be offered if available. The website showed availability for the full stay, but looks like it wasn't an option this time. The room was well appointed and bathroom had lovely products. Good housekeeping and turndown service. The bar was also great (best part of the hotel) with super friendly staff and cocktails on point. The lacking part in the room was the sound proofing. We could hear doors slamming a lot from other rooms. It wasn't a major issue as we were out most of the time, but may be bit of a problem noise wise if you like quiet rooms. Also no snacks or mini bar! They do offer free soft drinks which is fantastic. But I have never stayed in a luxury hotel that doesn't have alcohol and snacks to purchase (they must lose a ton of revenue from that!) - would be great if they could look up places like Soho House and implement similar goodies in the room (I would have spent a lot more on my bill!). The lack of concierge and using the personal assistant format was the other thing that didn't quite make this 5 star. For example we asked them to help us make a dinner reservation (was for a very special occasion) and they didn't do it / nor even leave us a message in our room confirming they had least tried. We found our own restaurant and booked it on Open Table. That was disappointing in terms of service levels for the price point. I would return as I travel to Washington a fair bit and hope to see the minor things above improved over time.
"Fantastic service, exceptional hotel"
11/19/15 Joseph S Springfield, Virginia
My wife and I recently stayed at Capella to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I booked a mid-level room. One of the assistant managers called us a few days before our visit to see if there was anything else we needed for the upcoming stay and I mentioned that it was our 10 year anniversary and arranged to have Champagne brought to the room. A few days later we arrived at the Hotel. Everyone greeted us by name and wished us a happy anniversary! Not only that, but the Hotel upgraded our room to the Presidential Suite without out knowledge or request. What a surprise! The whole experience was fantastic; the hotel is impeccably clean, not to mention beautiful; the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I can't say enough good things about Capella and will highly recommend it every chance I get.