All hotels in Cartagena, Colombia
Calle del Arzobispado 34 -14, Cartagena, Bolivar, 0057-5, Colombia, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Es de lo mejor después de más de 1000 hoteles"
Es muy agradable
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
MX
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for Casa Pombo

"Marvelous!"
06/16/15 Q228CTmonical Bogotá, Colombia
This beautiful mansion is a unique guesthouse in downtown Cartagena. It has the comfort of a hotel, the luxury of a boutique and the beauty of the old city. The location is just perfect to enjoy the architecture inside the famous wall, which is the best of Cartagena from my point of view. What I love about Casa Pombo is the intimacy and the service. I felt myself in a house, not in a cold inn. The magic of the breakfast is not only the flavor but also de graceful explanation that the personnel can offer if one inquires about a plate, fruit or drink. Everything is quiet and special in every corner, and the terrace is a calming temple. My room was super comfortable, neat and big. I have stayed in several boutique hotels in Cartagena and can say it is risky not to go to a nice hotel since houses in the old city need a good maintenance. Casa Pombo preserves the uniqueness of a classic mansion without forgetting the needs of a guest.
"Casa Pombo"
06/09/15 Agnès d Bogota, Colombia
Great experience ! Casa Pombo is a good alternative to luxury hotels if your travel with family or friends as it offers apartments with 3 to 4 rooms, a living room, a dining room, and offers the service of a cook.
"Best day of my life!"
05/31/15 AdrianaAristi London, United Kingdom
Thank you so much to Nayibe and Harold we had the most incredible time of our lives. We definitely got the right venue for our wedding, service,food,location,cleanliness and beautiful house. Very secure and private for our guest. I would recommend anyone to stay here while in Cartagena. We definitely will back for our 5 years of anniversary!
"Magical home"
05/27/15 bachle926 San Diego, California
I stayed here 2 nights with a few friends for a bachelor party. This place is amazing and I would recommend anyone stay here while in Cartagena. Claude was a class act and greeted us after we arrived and gave us recommendations on where to get good cuban cigars. The staff were great, especially the butler Harold. He made sure we were taken care of. Another of the staff overheard us talk about Sancocho and offered to make us a big pot of it as hangover food. We had a great experience. Thanks Claude and team.
"Beautiful, perfect location, and amazing staff!"
05/12/15 Kristen R California
Casa Pombo is truly a unique gem in Cartagena's old city. Completely secure and private from the city outside the doors, the lower and rooftop pools were a welcome oasis from the heat of the city. The architecture is stunning, and the furnishings were in good taste. It is beautifully maintained and staffed with wonderful people who do their best to cater to your every need. Anything we needed simply required a request to one of the staff members (party supplies, take out food, meals on site, laundry). If they don't provide something on site, someone will arrange to get it for you. To address previous reviews regarding the water temperature, AC, and renting one apartment vs. the entire house: 1. It is a million degrees in Cartagena, so a lukewarm shower is not the worst thing that can happen. It's not like the water is ice cold. 2. Air Conditioning worked perfectly. There were five giant ones in our apartment, and one did not work for a day, but we notified the staff immediately and they called someone to fix it. Because it is a million degrees outside and this is Colombia, it is not an irregular occurrence for AC to have issues now and then. 3. We were a large group who rented the entire house, however there was plenty of privacy between apartments and when someone had a party in one, I couldn't hear it from ours.
"Spectacular house with incredible staff"
04/27/15 Andrea V Chicago, Illinois
This house was literally like a castle. We rented the entire thing out for a week and it was even more spectacular in real life than the pictures. We had the most amazing stay in this beautiful and historic home, and the staff was so friendly, helpful, and attentive. Would highly recommend for a large group of friends or family. I do think that renting the entire house added to our experience - I saw some negative comments from people that didn't like renting out the apartments separately and that makes sense because it does feel like one big home which was what made it so fun for us (even though it is enormous and separated into units).
"Great time had by all"
04/23/15 hilaryoleary Lake Worth, Florida
My Brother Got married here on the 5th of April 2015. The house was beautiful. The staff was amazing . I am living in US , my family came from all over Europe... They loved it also. The showers were not good , the water was cold in all rooms, The heat was very instance for the older members of our family . There are a lot of stairs in the House . The pools were amazing.
"Family Saty"
03/15/15 Barbanthony
We had a wonderful family stay prior to our daughter's wedding at Casa Pestagua!! All of the staff were very accommodation, despite a bit of a language barrier. Having our own apt was so convenient with a baby. And the first floor pool, right outside our door...fabulous! Great way to cool off after a day of wandering the hot streets. I'd return in a minute!
"Stay on a movie set"
03/10/15 lbc1571 New York
What an amazing place to stay, in a restored mansion with so many hidden rooms and hideaways right in the middle of the old city. Great location. Loved the rooftop wading pool to relax and cool off on a hot day. Staff top notch. Food excellent. This is actually the location where they filmed scenes from Love in the Time of Cholera...stay in the same bedroom as Javier Bardem :)
"Very nice atmosphere and charming"
03/04/15 Betomazza Sao Paulo, SP
Very beautiful hotel in a charming place with lovely people. Would love to see a bar at the pool with at least some drinks and snacks to enjoy end of the day after a city walk or a boat tour , but definetely will return!