All hotels in Cartagena, Colombia
Calle del Arzobispado 34 -14, Cartagena, Bolivar, 0057-5, Colombia, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Es de lo mejor después de más de 1000 hoteles"
Es muy agradable
IT

TripAdvisor reviews for Casa Pombo

"Loved This"
08/23/15 neimanmarxist New York City, New York
We stayed here for 2 nights on a mini break to Cartagena. Truly such a beautiful, arty concept . The hotel is hidden behind a wall - you almost walk right past it on the street- but once inside it is magical! The courtyard of this old mansion has been flooded so you can swim in it, and there are waterfalls coming down the walls. We had the most basic room type and it was my favorite aesthetic, stark and clean. The a/c worked really well which was necessary because it was HOT in Cartagena during our visit. The location is perfect quick walk to anywhere, and Harold at the front desk was wonderful and helpful. The maid service was good and prompt. I thought for the price this was a unique experience and a great choice, I had wanted to stay at the Sofitel but this was less than 1/3 of the price and in the end I think a more offbeat experience but just as good quality of stay.
"excellent"
08/09/15 olivierr111 Geneva, Switzerland
We enjoyed our stay in Casa Pombo, we had a great time there and appreciated the architecture and the coziness of the hotel and equally the excellent service, many thanks to Pedro, Harold and the whole staff
"UNBELIEVABLE PLACE!!!"
07/27/15 Andrea O Mineola, New York
My husband and I had our wedding in this magnificent place, everything was perfect, the view, the staff, the food... Everything was INCREDIBLE. we rented the whole house for 3 days, and we couldn't had ask for a better place.
"Marvelous!"
06/16/15 Q228CTmonical Bogotá, Colombia
This beautiful mansion is a unique guesthouse in downtown Cartagena. It has the comfort of a hotel, the luxury of a boutique and the beauty of the old city. The location is just perfect to enjoy the architecture inside the famous wall, which is the best of Cartagena from my point of view. What I love about Casa Pombo is the intimacy and the service. I felt myself in a house, not in a cold inn. The magic of the breakfast is not only the flavor but also de graceful explanation that the personnel can offer if one inquires about a plate, fruit or drink. Everything is quiet and special in every corner, and the terrace is a calming temple. My room was super comfortable, neat and big. I have stayed in several boutique hotels in Cartagena and can say it is risky not to go to a nice hotel since houses in the old city need a good maintenance. Casa Pombo preserves the uniqueness of a classic mansion without forgetting the needs of a guest.
"Casa Pombo"
06/09/15 Agnès d Bogota, Colombia
Great experience ! Casa Pombo is a good alternative to luxury hotels if your travel with family or friends as it offers apartments with 3 to 4 rooms, a living room, a dining room, and offers the service of a cook.
"Best day of my life!"
05/31/15 AdrianaAristi London, United Kingdom
Thank you so much to Nayibe and Harold we had the most incredible time of our lives. We definitely got the right venue for our wedding, service,food,location,cleanliness and beautiful house. Very secure and private for our guest. I would recommend anyone to stay here while in Cartagena. We definitely will back for our 5 years of anniversary!
"Magical home"
05/27/15 bachle926 San Diego, California
I stayed here 2 nights with a few friends for a bachelor party. This place is amazing and I would recommend anyone stay here while in Cartagena. Claude was a class act and greeted us after we arrived and gave us recommendations on where to get good cuban cigars. The staff were great, especially the butler Harold. He made sure we were taken care of. Another of the staff overheard us talk about Sancocho and offered to make us a big pot of it as hangover food. We had a great experience. Thanks Claude and team.
"Beautiful, perfect location, and amazing staff!"
05/12/15 Kristen R California
Casa Pombo is truly a unique gem in Cartagena's old city. Completely secure and private from the city outside the doors, the lower and rooftop pools were a welcome oasis from the heat of the city. The architecture is stunning, and the furnishings were in good taste. It is beautifully maintained and staffed with wonderful people who do their best to cater to your every need. Anything we needed simply required a request to one of the staff members (party supplies, take out food, meals on site, laundry). If they don't provide something on site, someone will arrange to get it for you. To address previous reviews regarding the water temperature, AC, and renting one apartment vs. the entire house: 1. It is a million degrees in Cartagena, so a lukewarm shower is not the worst thing that can happen. It's not like the water is ice cold. 2. Air Conditioning worked perfectly. There were five giant ones in our apartment, and one did not work for a day, but we notified the staff immediately and they called someone to fix it. Because it is a million degrees outside and this is Colombia, it is not an irregular occurrence for AC to have issues now and then. 3. We were a large group who rented the entire house, however there was plenty of privacy between apartments and when someone had a party in one, I couldn't hear it from ours.
"Spectacular house with incredible staff"
04/27/15 Andrea V Chicago, Illinois
This house was literally like a castle. We rented the entire thing out for a week and it was even more spectacular in real life than the pictures. We had the most amazing stay in this beautiful and historic home, and the staff was so friendly, helpful, and attentive. Would highly recommend for a large group of friends or family. I do think that renting the entire house added to our experience - I saw some negative comments from people that didn't like renting out the apartments separately and that makes sense because it does feel like one big home which was what made it so fun for us (even though it is enormous and separated into units).
"Great time had by all"
04/23/15 hilaryoleary Lake Worth, Florida
My Brother Got married here on the 5th of April 2015. The house was beautiful. The staff was amazing . I am living in US , my family came from all over Europe... They loved it also. The showers were not good , the water was cold in all rooms, The heat was very instance for the older members of our family . There are a lot of stairs in the House . The pools were amazing.