All hotels in Cartagena, Colombia
You can collect® Rewards nights here
Calle del Arzobispado 34 -14, Cartagena, Bolivar, 0057-5, Colombia, ‏‎800-491-6126

The following reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"Es de lo mejor después de más de 1000 hoteles"
Es muy agradable
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Genuine guest review
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
Other trip Dec 5, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Casa Pombo

"Magical home in the center of a magical town"
09/18/15 Luis B Miami Beach, Florida
First, I must clarify, Casa Pombo its not a hotel, it a GORGEOUS home located right in the center of Cartagena's old city, which the owners have been gracious enough to allow for guest to book its rooms, and provide 5 star hotel like service to enhance our stay. After a several nights at Casa Pestagua, we moved to Casa Pombo, another famous home located one block from Plaza Bolivar. From the outside this home might seem like many others inside Cartagena's wall, but the second you step inside, you can feel the love and devotion placed into the renovation of this marvelous piece of architectural history. The swimming pools, the mirador terrace, the dining room (where we enjoyed the most delicious homemade traditional breakfast), the sitting room, the stairs, the ceilings, the walls, everything was restored with impeccable taste. After many trips to Cartagena, I can't imagine never to have experience Casa Pombo, now I am so very glad we did. Highly recommended, Casa Pombo is another MUST, for your next Cartagena experience.
"Luxury oasis in the heart of the old city"
09/02/15 chapovez Atlanta
Walking in to Casa Pombo, you feel as if you've been ushered in to an ushered in to a luxury hideaway amidst the hustle and bustle of the old city. The rooms and furnishings were excellent. The courtyard and rooftop pools were spectacular. And the staff (Harold) went above and beyond what was expected to ensure that we all had a safe and enjoyable stay.
"Best hotel in Cartagena"
08/30/15 U_s_a_Viajera2008 U.S.A.
If you are going to Cartagena you must stay in the Old City, and if you do, you must stay at this hotel because it is absolutely beautiful and truly the best hotel I've stayed at in all of Cartagena. The owners remodeled what they think it's one of the oldest houses in Cartagena, but kept some of the old walls, murals, etc and added modern touches making it an architectural jewel. It is also in the heart of the historical center of the city which makes it very convenient since you can walk pretty much everywhere within the old city. We stayed in apartment 202 which is absolutely beautifully decorated, and has its own jacuzzi up on the roof. The staff is fantastic, friendly and helpful, in particular I have to mention Harold who is the best receptionist/concierge in the world. We arrived very late but he made sure all our needs were covered. We also had Yuri? can't remember her name, but she made us dinner one night and it was so delicious and she made sure everything was beautiful and presentable. I also happened to meet Claude, one of the owners, what can I say? he was delightful, and yes, you are invited to come visit us in Micronesia anytime :- ). I do have a few recommendations: water in the fridge for the day of arrival, dual pane windows to make the rooms quieter at night, and paper pads with the hotel's logo to bring to friends, it's good advertisement. Oh and I forgot, the shower in the first floor bedroom does not have hot water, it's barely warm, easy fix I'm sure. Overall this was one of the best hotels we've stayed at, I highly recommend it and can't wait to come back.
"Loved This"
08/23/15 neimanmarxist New York City, New York
We stayed here for 2 nights on a mini break to Cartagena. Truly such a beautiful, arty concept . The hotel is hidden behind a wall - you almost walk right past it on the street- but once inside it is magical! The courtyard of this old mansion has been flooded so you can swim in it, and there are waterfalls coming down the walls. We had the most basic room type and it was my favorite aesthetic, stark and clean. The a/c worked really well which was necessary because it was HOT in Cartagena during our visit. The location is perfect quick walk to anywhere, and Harold at the front desk was wonderful and helpful. The maid service was good and prompt. I thought for the price this was a unique experience and a great choice, I had wanted to stay at the Sofitel but this was less than 1/3 of the price and in the end I think a more offbeat experience but just as good quality of stay.
08/09/15 olivierr111 Geneva, Switzerland
We enjoyed our stay in Casa Pombo, we had a great time there and appreciated the architecture and the coziness of the hotel and equally the excellent service, many thanks to Pedro, Harold and the whole staff
07/27/15 Andrea O Mineola, New York
My husband and I had our wedding in this magnificent place, everything was perfect, the view, the staff, the food... Everything was INCREDIBLE. we rented the whole house for 3 days, and we couldn't had ask for a better place.
06/16/15 Q228CTmonical Bogotá, Colombia
This beautiful mansion is a unique guesthouse in downtown Cartagena. It has the comfort of a hotel, the luxury of a boutique and the beauty of the old city. The location is just perfect to enjoy the architecture inside the famous wall, which is the best of Cartagena from my point of view. What I love about Casa Pombo is the intimacy and the service. I felt myself in a house, not in a cold inn. The magic of the breakfast is not only the flavor but also de graceful explanation that the personnel can offer if one inquires about a plate, fruit or drink. Everything is quiet and special in every corner, and the terrace is a calming temple. My room was super comfortable, neat and big. I have stayed in several boutique hotels in Cartagena and can say it is risky not to go to a nice hotel since houses in the old city need a good maintenance. Casa Pombo preserves the uniqueness of a classic mansion without forgetting the needs of a guest.
"Casa Pombo"
06/09/15 Agnès d Bogota, Colombia
Great experience ! Casa Pombo is a good alternative to luxury hotels if your travel with family or friends as it offers apartments with 3 to 4 rooms, a living room, a dining room, and offers the service of a cook.
"Best day of my life!"
05/31/15 AdrianaAristi London, United Kingdom
Thank you so much to Nayibe and Harold we had the most incredible time of our lives. We definitely got the right venue for our wedding, service,food,location,cleanliness and beautiful house. Very secure and private for our guest. I would recommend anyone to stay here while in Cartagena. We definitely will back for our 5 years of anniversary!
"Magical home"
05/27/15 bachle926 San Diego, California
I stayed here 2 nights with a few friends for a bachelor party. This place is amazing and I would recommend anyone stay here while in Cartagena. Claude was a class act and greeted us after we arrived and gave us recommendations on where to get good cuban cigars. The staff were great, especially the butler Harold. He made sure we were taken care of. Another of the staff overheard us talk about Sancocho and offered to make us a big pot of it as hangover food. We had a great experience. Thanks Claude and team.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews