All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1690 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice!"
Great location, comfortable bed...small but met our needs. Hotel has tons of personality.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Carolina
"Awesome place!!!"
Great place!!!! Kid friendly.....staff is great and overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay if you have kids!!!! Food from Dolce is very good :)
5 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Gabriela
Amazing hotel! Super clean and comfortable, the amenities were wonderful. It was right in the middle of everything. Definitely plan on going back!
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Ambar
"Not upto the standards"
Good location BUT very small room , no facilities ( eg coffee machine ,.. ) , not active & staff are non-professional
3 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2015
Mohammed
It was great / their staff was very nice ... Everything was on point from the moment we arrive until we check out
5 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
Hugo
"Birthday staycation! AMAZING HOTEL"
Decided to stay here for a little staycation for my birthday on 8/12/15 after hearing so many good things about the Gale and the reviews were RIGHT!! Definitely one of south beaches best boutique hotels. They sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne for my birthday. The amenities are fantastic, very Art Deco/Soho feel.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2015
"Romantic getaway"
We stayed four days the kaskades suite was very private and romantic. Walking distance to Ocean drive and the nightlife. The bathroom was the highlight of the entire room very modern and clean. And the beds are phenomenal. I would definitely stay there again
4 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Bria
"Gale Hotel... A jewel!"
I have never felt as welcomed.. As comfortable.. As cared for as In this amazing jewel of a hotel... If I was able to give a million stars instead of 5.. I would! Well done Gale Hotel.. Please keep these amazing standards up, and kudus to your outstanding staff! I will be providing comments and rating on Trip Advisor too. :)
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Sadly disappointed by this impostor 5 star hotel"
I was so excited to go to the Gale! I heard so much about it. *A $100 fee per night held but not posted on the website * The shower flooded the floor (I didn't tell management) *The bathroom door didn't close all the way * There is no ice machine * Housekeeping has the ENTIRE day (9am to 5pm) to clean your room and change linen/towels *The bathroom doesn’t have a fan.*The doors are so loud, they need better 'door closers'. Check out: They charged food to the room with no receipt. I asked that the daily hotel credit ($25/day) be used, but was told that it doesn't roll over. I technically had $150 unused hotel credit. They agreed to fix it. I called for 2 days. For 4 days, my bank account was debited and credited different amounts. Day 4: bank account settled, and I get a returned phone call from the Gale. Good parts: 1. The champagne, fruit, water that stays in the lobby, 2. The club downstairs is AMAZING!!! I loved the vibe, music and how there's no cover charge!, 3. Customer service was ALWAYS nice! , 4. Location from the beach is perfect!, 5. Their Restaurant is expensive ($38 for spaghetti with a chicken breast) but the food is delicious, 6.The concierges are so helpful and nice. Thanks Kristine!
Response by Gale South Beach
Greetings Zena, I am delighted to read of of the great touch points that you enjoyed and take your feedback seriously. Unfortunately 3rd parties reservations do not always post the fine print/details on their websites and often state "contact hotel for details" which makes things difficult. All the beach hotels charge a daily security deposit and a resort fee. I will be sure to coach the team to share all the important details with every guest to avoid confusion for your future enjoyment. Because of your note, we have placed signage in the elevators directing guests to the 2 ice machines. Always inform us while onsite if there are defects so we can apoligize in person and correct it. This helps us be our best.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Zena
"I will never stay anywhere else on south beach"
Stayed in the luxury Kascade King Suite. They really paid attention to details from toilet to mattress. I really didnt want to leave my room wiyh Steam room in shower, Japanese jucuzzi on balcony, and the smart toilet. Great location! Clean, clean, clean!!!! The REC ROOM lounge was jumping on a Thursday night. Last but not least the price was great $179.00 including resort fee.
Response by Gale South Beach
Olivia, Thank you for the wonderful honest feedback regarding your most recent stay! You obviously found great value in your stay in our new rooms ~Kaskades Suite~ The details in each of those rooms are designed for ultimate comfort and renewal. Stay well,
3 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Olivia
"Birthday and Wedding Anniversary"
It was my husband birthday and our Anniversary on 7/31.The stay was marvelous. The staff was on point from the time we arrived from the time we check out.Special shout out to Greg and extra extra shout out and thanks to Dewayne for making our trip more experience. The staff of Gale are #1 in our book. Thanks GALE for making our 8th anniversary very special.
Response by Gale South Beach
Yay! Thank you for celebrating with us at Gale! We do love to party and celebrate with our awesome guests and your review makes us very happy! Cheers and visit soon!
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Janice
"great location"
The Gale South Beach was a great stop in our honeymoon beautiful place room was a little smaller but it is perfectly placed on south beach
Response by Gale South Beach
hello Darrell, thank you for sharing your 5 star review and celebrating your honeymoon with us! We wish you a lifetime of love & happiness from everyone at gale South Beach!
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
Darrell
"Room too small with No ammenties/ overpriced"
The hotel is substandard for the area. The room is very small without microwave or closet and everything is jammed together..it was very uncomfortable. Would not recommend this hotel if you are trying to impress anyone. This hotel is overpriced for the actual room condition. Will pick a different hotel the next time in Miami
Response by Gale South Beach
Sorry to hear this news and we receive numerous compliments and some of our rooms are quaint and cozy keeping with the original 1941 art deco design. Next time book a larger room like Kaskades King or Double that offers 3 time the space, massive storage and coffee makers. Microwaves are not permitted in most hotels due to fire regulations.
3 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
The room was nice but small. Great location. Pool closed too early. But overall it wasn't bad
4 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Great hotel! Great service! I will definitely be back.
3 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
ALIX
"My new favorite hotel in South Beach"
Our stay was (in our ten-year-old's words) "awesome." A beautiful respite in the middle of an otherwise rough trip. The Gale is impeccable. It's gorgeous, the staff is professional and on-point, and the location can't be beat. Style, style, and more style. Loved it! We will *definitely* stay there again.
Response by Gale South Beach
Ivy, We definitely appreciate your awesome review and thank you for being our valued guest. Be sure to let me know when you return next!
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Ivy
"Weekend south beach trip"
Great hotel and helpful friendly staff. Excellent location.
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello Jeffrey! Thank you for your valued feedback and spending some time with us at Gale South Beach! I think our team is awesome and we are thrilled to be of service to our guests. Come visit soon.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Jeffrey
"Staying at Gale"
I was expecting more for the price I paid. No parking you have to pay high price for the valley. No breakfast. The shower has no privacy. You cannot take a shower while people still in the room. Overall you get less for what you are paying.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The Staff is very friendly. The restaurant is amazing. The room was super nice. I will be staying here in the future. Great Hotel!
Response by Gale South Beach
Jeff, Thank you for the awesome review and we look forward to welcoming you home very soon! Have a wonderful summer!
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"Gale is alright but we'll stay somewhere next time"
The room was clean. Beds are super comfortable. But we were assign at a room location one door next to the house cleaning room, and what you would call 'run of the house' we hear all the noise of guest walking by talking, and laughing . There were only two cups provided. If you want to drink cold water, you have to go downstairs to the restaurant and ask for it..unless you drink the cold water which we did.That wasn't a big deal though. Our shower door doesn't close well so the water comes out made the floor wet, they came to fix it by putting shower curtain inside the shower stall. Valet parking was very expensive $ 35.00 but you have in and out privilege and valet people were great customer service.
Response by Gale South Beach
Thank you for the feedback and allow us to earn your loyalty and hope you'll give us another chance. Room location depends on category booked and time of arrival. We always try to accommodate room moves when brought to our attention. All of our mini bars offer chilled water and complimentary infused water is located at both pools for your refreshment. We will be sure to check the shower door on our PM program to correct it. Please let us know the next time you visit and we'll get it right.
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Amazing location. Rooftop pool is beautiful. Overall a great hotel. Close to everything you want to do In South beach. I lived on the beach for 12 years and moved back north and I would make the gale my hotel of choice now.
Response by Gale South Beach
William, thank you for recognizing our hotel with a 5 star review! Location, 2 rooftop pools & bar, Dolce, regent Classic Lounge, Rec Room Nightlife, Amenities, Resort fee Value add's (wi-fi, beach club, boarding pass print out, food & drink credits, welcome champagne, shuttle service....) We are the choice hotel for so many and welcome you to Gale South Beach!
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Big thumbs up!"
Great service. Mint condition! Food in the Italian restaurant may be one of the best I ever had.
Response by Gale South Beach
Tonny, We strive for excellence and are happy to see a thumbs up! We know you'll be back and thank you!
2 night family trip May 24, 2015
Tonny
"Very nice in general."
Great location. Very nice clean hotel. Staff is very very nice and warming. There is no parking. Valet charges you 35usd/night with in/out privileges. Expensive. There is a parking lot near buy charges the same. A 25usd extra charge for amenenties which I find excessive. This should be included in rate. They give you back 15 of theses 25 if you take a drink or eat at their restaurant which is not the best in town. So so.
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello Juan Pedro, We appreciate you being our guest and taking the time to share your experience with our Expedia friends. South Beach is very limited for parking and our rates for secure indoor garage parking are below what the large beach hotels & resorts charge and we're proud of that. Self parking is equally difficult and rates vary based on traffic volume. Our $25 daily resort fee offers you amazing value of high speed Wi-Fi, 2 beach chairs/towels at our beach club, shuttle service around the art deco beach district, daily champagne hour, newspaper, gym access, boarding pass printing, 20% off Exhale Spa and a $15 food & drink credit. Come back and visit soon!
1 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
Juan Pedro
"Bad experience"
The electronics in the room did not work. TV didn't work. Lights wouldn't turn on and off. I had to unscrew lightbulbs to get the lights off. Phone didn't work to call for room service....
Response by Gale South Beach
we're sorry and wish I knew about this during your stay so we could have looked into it and I could have apologized in person. We'll be sure to make your next visit extra special.
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Great price and perfect area. Near everything."
Right near the beach and Ocean drive. No need to spend more money. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was good and I enjoyed my 3 night stay. I even received a text message prior to checking in, welcoming me and letting me know I can leave my luggage if my room wasn't ready. When I arrived earlier than check in time, my room was ready.
Response by Gale South Beach
We appreciate your 5 star rating of Gale South Beach! Our goal is to exceed each guests expectation and deliver personalized service. Check in time is 4pm and we think our texting with guests allows us to better understand just what you need. We hope to welcome you back very soon!
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Stay at Gale South Beach"
I am writing with a bit high expectations due to 4.5 stars hotel. Overall a good stay, front desk is very friendly, early check-in. Hotel is in excellent shape and looks very new, just renovated. However: - Accessibilty seems to be a bit of a problem, stairs everywhere and the entry is through the restaurant. we got unlucky with the room assignment. Next to the hotel bar, it's impossible to sleep before midnight, the music is just too loud. That's an absolute basic criteria. We also paid the resort fee, I expect a WiFi that runs sufficiently to load at least websites, we wheren't even streaming. The speed was not sufficient for simple web usage. Pool area had no drinking water provided, lack of towels and our room had no bathrobes which was a little dissappointing. Maybe that's just us beeing picky, but that's the basics you expect for 4.5 stars. Nevertheless, it's worth to stay. It's a very nice hotel!
Response by Gale South Beach
Thank you for your feedback. Our Wi-Fi most often runs without ever a challenge and this is something we will look into. We must have been at full capacity while you were here as the club level rooms are assigned last, based on the room type booked. You are not being picky, you want us to be our very best and we appreciate the feedback. Thank you for visiting and come back to experience a Kaskades Suites next time!
Other trip May 21, 2015
Jens
"Business and FUN!"
Stayed one week with my colleague and it exceeded our expectations on every level. We were looking for a location within walking distance of the Miami Convention Center and this hotel was perfect - only a few short blocks away. Restaurants and shopping and the beach easily accessible ... plus they provided a $15 credit per day to be used in the restaurants on site! BONUS. I highly recommend this restaurant for business or pleasure -- of course we had BOTH!
Response by Gale South Beach
Cheryl, How Awesome to read your review, we are thrilled! We are so close to everything South Beach has to offer, dining, night clubs, the beach, shopping and the convention center. Thank you for having some fun with us at gale South Beach and sharing it with our Expedia community.
5 night business trip May 11, 2015
Cheryl
"QUICK GETAWAY"
MY FIANCE AND I STAYED HERE FOR 2 NIGHTS. THE FRONT DESK STAFF AND VALET WERE VER FRIENDLY AND WELCOMING. UPON ARRIVING TO OUR ROOM WE FOUND A CLEAN MODERN ROOM WITH A DECENT VIEW. THIS HOTEL IS ABOUT A 5 MINUTE WALK FROM THE STRIP. I WOULD RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND I WOULD DEFFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN!
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello Kera, We appreciate the 5 star recognition and thank you for choosing to experience Gale South Beach. My team is an awesome group of friendly professionals that are some of the beaches best! Come visit soon!!
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Kera
"Great little GEM in the middle of South Beach"
Perfect location.. easy to walk to food and shopping and the beach. Staff couldn't be more helpful. I was very impressed. Nice restaurant and great little bar. Amazing cocktails. A real Gem in the middle of south beach. Would definitely stay again
Response by Gale South Beach
Gayle that stayed at the Gale! I wish I would have met you in person while you experienced Gale! We are delighted to receive your 5 star review and hope to welcome you back. Why wouldn't Gayle from Barbados come back to Gale... we love when someone named Gayle stays with us!
2 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
Gayle
"Staff was rude and unprofessional"
After over booking the hotel, the staff inferred that it was our fault there were no rooms left. They never even called to tell us and we wound up having to overpay for a room at 8 o'clock that night.
Other trip May 2, 2015
brian
Great location, perfect for Miami. Friendly service. Huge Television. Will stay there again on my next visit to Miami.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Fred
"Great hotel, great location!"
This will be our go-to hotel in Miami! It's a clean, relatively recently renovated hotel with a retro feel. Across the street from the beach and a block from Lincoln Rd. Hotel guests have access to beach chairs and towels (umbrellas cost $20) from neighboring hotel. Staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. Our original room was noisy, so they gave us a significant upgrade at no extra charge (we were there for a week). Restaurant Dolce has wonderful staff and a delicious, varied menu. Roof deck pool was a nice plus!
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"amazing staff"
The hotel staff was amazing
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello Zarita, thank you for the compliments about our amazing service professionals. We missed 1 star and will work hard to earn it on your next visit. I wish I was in DC now to enjoy the beautiful Cherry Blossom trees.
3 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Zarita
"Nice boutique hotel, rooms are a bit odd"
This is a nice boutique hotel but the rooms are a bit odd. When you walk in the glass shower is immediately in front of you. There is no shower door. There is no privacy. You can't stay here with kids. The other thing was the front desk staff was terrible. I asked them where the restaurant Katsuya was, and they said that they didn't know. It turns out it was right accross the street. Roof top pool was great. And location can't be neat.
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello, We appreciate your 4 star review and feedback. Many people with families stay with us and we do have rooms with private showers or we can always hang a curtain for your comfort. It just depends on the type of room you book. To keep with our original Art Deco design, each room is unique in size and our new annex-Kaskades Suites offer massive space, comfort and amenities not typical of a small Miami Beach hotel room. Come visit soon from Boca and let us know when. Thanks.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Debbie
"Cannot beat the value!"
Visited for Miami Music Week. The location could not have been more ideal, and the room was very clean and large with an even larger patio! Every single staff member we encountered over our 4 day stay, was courteous, knowledgeable and overly helpful. Great restaurants, great people watching, unbelievable price. Will not even debate booking anywhere else when we return.
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello HW & CI, We are thrilled beyond words with your rock star review and sharing your kudos with the Expedia Community. Thank you for being our guest, being inspired by our service team and we anticipate your next visit very soon!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
HW & CI
"will stay here again"
The place was great close to everything food at the Dolce Resturant is great
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello and thank you for the 5 star recognition! We strive for excellence and hope to welcome you back in the future!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
chris
"Royal treatment!"
I stayed here a week ago with my husband and our 2 toddlers. The hotel is small, very chic, super clean, modern, right on Collins Ave. and the staff is the best of all the hotels I've been to. They made me feel like a queen! The food is delicious. At lunch time the chef cooked something from the dinner menu to please my husband. I fell in love with the bed mattress, we slept like babies. The pool on the rooftop is amazing. I totally recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.
Response by Gale South Beach
Boston, It delights me to see the we exceeded your expectations at Gale South Beach. Many guests love our cool gel beds, especially after sunning on the rooftop pools. We strive for a perfection in our cozy boutique hotels with awarding winning Dolce Restaurant. Be sure to let me know the next time you visit!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Paula
"Very nice staff willing to accomodate"
We had a wonderful stay at the Gale. The staff was always willing to help in any way possible. The room was beautiful but a little small.
Response by Gale South Beach
Thank you kindly for recognizing our incredible team of talented staff. Our rooms can be intimate keeping with our historical lay out and we have recently unveiled our newest room product ~ Kaskades Suites at Gale South Beach offering plenty of comfort and convenience. We look forward to welcoming you back!
"Very nice"
Very good location. Super clean. Pricey, but you get what you pay for.
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello, Super review and I am thankful you found value in price for cleanliness, location, service and style. Our rates do vary based on dates, room type and local events taking place. Come back soon!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Randy
"Bad customer service"
No checking in before 4pm! I requested a crib to the room and it was never delivered
Response by Gale South Beach
Luciana, sorry we could not get you in before check in time of 4pm. We are sold out most nights and we need time to refresh the rooms. We appreciate feedback and because of our historical design, many rooms do not have the space for cribs or roll away beds due to fire regulations. As a boutique hotel we offer amenities most large beach resort do and in the future will try to find you a larger room to accommodate a pak & play. Thanks
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
Luciana
"Nice hotel near beach...good walking distance"
I would recommend this hotel for couples 30+ in age....really not for a younger crowd. But excellent amenities that doesn't include the purchase of the hotel stay. The bedrooms are astounding. They also have really great food but could of had a nice variety of food instead of all Italian foods and drinks.
Response by Gale South Beach
Greetings Wright, Thank you for sharing your feedback and spending some time with us. We welcome everyone and with our open bathroom shower design, many ask for a rod and curtain to be put up which we are happy too do so. Sounds like you enjoyed a room in Kaskades Suites... Come visit soon!
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Jamil
"Fabulous stay!"
Couldn't fault! Fabulous stay, great ammenities in an outstanding location. The Dolce restaurant has the most delicious menu and desserts to die for! Highly recommend this boutique hotel...
Response by Gale South Beach
Lisa, We appreciate your fab review and are thrilled Dolce delivered exceptional dining. Thank you for the recommendation!
3 night trip Mar 14, 2015
"This was a quiet place near everything."
We had a great time walking all around South Beach. The room was quiet, very nicely appointed; the concierge was helpful; the valet was timely with our car; the coffee in the morning and evenings was excellent.
Response by Gale South Beach
Thank you for the 5 star recognition Russ. We are delighted to see we exceeded your expectations at Gale South Beach. Are rooms are cozy and many enjoy the iconic charm of the property. Be sure to experience our new Annex during your next visit at Kaskade Suites with super large rooms and plenty of storage and modern technology. See you soon!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Russ
"Nice location and close to just about everything."
We were very pleased with the hotel. Management was friendly and helpful. We avoided most of the additional items offered in the hotel due to being in college and trying to keep total expenses low, but the hotel was nice because it was close enough to most of the Ocean Drive activities but far enough to still be a quiet hotel experience. Having beach access was great and ideal. Plus we were able to venture out on foot to the west to see other restaurants and sights. Overall, quite satisfied.
Response by Gale South Beach
Thank you Sean for visit us during Spring Break! Next time we strive for 5 and it was great to meet you!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Sean
Wonderful place ....
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
Room was a little small but everything else was wonderful. Great staff & location. The room is wonderful as well minus the size. Great place!!!
Response by Gale South Beach
Wow~ We appreciate the 5 star rating even though some rooms are small to keep with the buildings original 1940's design. Next time, book a Kaskades Suite, our brand new annex that offers plenty of space and comfort. Do let us know when you return.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Cj
"Nice experience"
Great location. Thick glass windows(quiet) nice amenities. Friendly attentive staff.
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello Mark! Thanks for staying with us and recognizing our friendly staff that delights in providing 5 star service. Even though we have The Rec Room Nightclub and Regent Live Lounge, most rooms are silent for a good nights rest.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
1 block from beach, 2 blocks to Lincoln st shopping. Short walk to Art Deco strip. Small room but clean, great bedding, comfortable beds. Ate at Resturant - we had sea bass, excellent. Food & drinks pricey, but no different than anywhere else we went.
Response by Gale South Beach
Thank you for the nice review and enjoy Dolce Italian restaurant which is currently featured on Bravo TV's show ~ best new restaurant! South Beach can get pricey and we feel we offer great value and super amenities! Come visit soon!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Lovely Hotel"
We ended up at the Gale South Beach because our connecting flight in Miami was canceled and we couldn't get out for 2 days. We decided to make the best of the situation, found The Gale South Beach on Hotels.com and headed over. The room rates are not bad at all and the rooms are small but lovely and well appointed. The beds and bedding are among the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Unfortunately, my son and daughter-in-law's room was not cleaned, which was disappointing but not a deal-breaker. My only issue with the Gale is that they nickel and dime you to the extreme. Just about everything in the room is for sale and expensive. A cup of coffee - regular coffee, is $5.00 in the restaurant. There is a $25 per day, per room "resort fee," $15 of which can be applied to food or beverage at the hotel - forcing you to eat/drink there if you want your credit. The food in the restaurant (we only had breakfast there) is good, but the ambiance is lacking unless you sit outside. The bars are quite nice. Overall, we were really happy and would likely go again. It's just best to be forewarned about the add-on expense of the resort fee.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
Tonia
"lovely"
Lovely and they upgraded us but no coffee in the room.
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello and thanks for the recognition of 5 stars! We have great news! Our brand new Annex to Gale South Beach - Kaskade Suites now has beautiful Nespresso espresso machines in each of those rooms. Yes, that room category is an upgrade but so worth it for the space, storage, amenities and the coffee!
Other trip Mar 4, 2015