All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1690 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

no dressers, loud noise at night until 4am without notice or any sort of accommodations, close to the beach and Lincoln road aka perfect location.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
AL
"Great Staff"
The Staff here is great and very helpful, every singe one we encountered. Location is great and the Hotel is an Icon of the Art Decor period but has been very modernized. Some drawbacks. No free coffee in the morning. They do offer a full coffee bar but at resort prices. With research there are many coffee shops around that offer a variety of coffees at better prices. Rooms are very modern but spartan. We had to ask for a chair for our room since there was no where else to sit but on the bed. We took the budget price and ended up with a room with a blocked window, actually good if you want to sleep in, but absolutely no view to the outside. We did not spend that much time in the room anyway. Shower was great, big and had the rain shower effect plus shower handle. Sink drain did not drain properly, a pet peeve of mine. Pool area is beautiful and has a bar area. The staff is a little slow at cleaning up and supplying the used towels. Would recommend it totally for a short weekend in Miami.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Best Hotel Stay Ever!"
By far the best experience I've ever had at a hotel before. We were greeting by a group of people almost like they were expecting our arrival. Everyone was so kind and so welcoming! It felt like you were staying at a family members house. The rooms were great! We expected them to be smaller but they were actually perfect size! I will 100% stay at this hotel again. It may be a little pricier than others but well worth the extra money to stay somewhere you are treated so great! Can't wait for my next trip to south beach!
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
Lauren
"Miami Trip"
I have stayed here before and will stay again! Great hotel.
3 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Great hotel! Had a blast
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
"Miami Trip"
Everything was perfect about this place, highly recommended.
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"Week in Miami"
Excellent staff, great hotel, great location. Everything was spot on here.
3 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
"So so hotel"
The online pictures lookEd good, but the actual was dissapointing. The room is tiny. The carpet was dirty. It is conveniently located, but verynoisy. Overall, the hotel is at most a 2.5 stars, not 4.5.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Modern Hotel close to everything"
Hotel is very cozy and well situated. Close to the beach, Lincoln rd. Mall and right on Collins avenue. Staff friendly and accommodative Not ideal for families though. Rooms are small.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
prashant
"Worth a visit!"
Overnight stop for our family on the way to the Keys. A chick hotel where everything works for you as a guest. And the hotel italian restaurant puts the cream on the top!! Rooms are quite small and nice! Location is busy and in the middle of everything!! Enjoyed the roof-top pool and the founding family story too:))
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Klaus
"Good location, bad management"
I thought I was going to have a nice stay at the Gale...the concierge texted me right after my plane touched down. I asked if I could check in early. He told me that my room was not yet available. I asked if he would notify me when it was ready and he confirmed that he would. No notification at all. When I eventually checked in I was told that there was a resort fee which covered wifi and other miscellaneous services. Guess what - wifi didn't work. I called the front desk and they said they would reset the router and call me back to confirm that it worked. Never called back. Oh, and forget cellular service if you use Verizon - I could not make or receive any calls from my room. Again I called the front desk, and the woman said, "Do you have Verizon?" I said yes. She said, "Yeah, Verizon service doesn't work here." That was the extent of her dealing with a pretty significant issue. And did I mention that my room didn't have a window? It actually had a window, but it was two inches away from a wall so absolutely no light came into the room. Because I checked in after it was dark, I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and see if there was any light in the morning. Nope, at 7am it was just as pitch dark as it was at 11pm. The hotel is well-situated in SB. And my experience could have been an exception, but the lack of follow-up and follow through with the guest when there is a problem indicates a huge problem with the management.
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"very good choice"
nice comfortabale hotel in a good location. it was a very good choice; appreciated the art work, staff and restaurant.
1 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2014
"Nice Surprise!"
I booked this hotel as it was close to the hotel at which I was attending a conference that was already all booked up. It was a beautiful deco hotel with a great restaurant and great service. The set up of the room was a bit awkward but I chalked this up to it being an older hotel, it certainly didn't affect my comfort. All the amenities were there and I felt like I had a nice trip away. I think it was much better than staying at the large hotel down the street. I would definitely stay there again!
3 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Mercedes
"Fabulous Miami hotel!"
Loved, loved, loved everything about this hotel except the limited closet space, no dresser and dead space in the bathroom that could be used as a vanity/drawers. Improving this would make it perfect! Awesome staff, location, amenities, night club on premises, rooftop pool and outdoor bar! Had a wonderful stay! Concierge and Staff were very helpful and accommodating!
3 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
"Consistent Customer Service"
My second stay at the Gale- great location, friendly staff and good service- one of the best deals on the beach!
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
"Gale Hotel Boutique Art Deco hotel in South beach"
booked with Expedia last minute neede somewhere to stay overnight prior to flying home to the uk from Miami did not know where we were going until will booked it wow were we surprised when we arrived beautifully renovated Art Deco hotel close to all amenities 1 block from South beach Close to bars restaurants and shops Staff very professional / friendly and treated us like royalty! Valet service.for car parking. Beautiful roof top pool / terrace Rooms nicely appointed with modern facilities On the down side- no tea / coffee making facilities in room / lack of storage space in the standard room small wardrobe Italian restaurant at front of the hotel - lovely meal
lizzied
Room too small and the shower knob was broken. The technology was goof but the acess card failed to work with 12 hours
"Excellent experience at this hotel"
The hotel location is perfect because it is very close of the best places in the area, one block from the beach, best attention and not noisy at all, although it is located at Collins Avenue. The food at Dolce Restaurant in the first floor, is excellent.
Sandra
"Perfect Boutique Hotel Experience"
The perfect boutique hotel in the midst of a bunch of big giants surrounding it. Highly recommend.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Jean-Guy
"Its OK!"
good. but check in is at 4pm. i hate waiting!
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
Ikem
"Will definitely come back for more"
A very smart new hotel, great pool, GREAT restaurant
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Good Choice"
Fun & beautiful hotel with a very friendly staff.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Anna
"Awesome......"
The hotel was nothing we have seemed before, it was absoluately beautiful and the employees was always very helpful with things needed at the hotel and other activities we wanted to attend to outside of the hotel.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
joe
"Amazing"
I was in love with this hotel, wish I could have moved in. Gracious, attentive staff -- beautiful amenities, close to beach and shopping. I'll go back everytime I'm in Miami.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Design on the beach"
Great hotel, not as expensive considering quality and unbeatable location. Friendly staff.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Rafael
"Modernized Hotel 1 block from the beach"
Very nice rooms and the staff was excellent! One block from the beach (and nightlife), A few blocks from the Convention Center. Lincoln Road is a few blocks.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"It was ok for Miami beach"
I am sure the expectation persists that if you go to Miami beach you are going to spend a lot of money and I don't mind for a service .. They withhold 100.00 a night for possibles.... They also take out 15.00 a day for I don't know what.. They told me if I didn't use it it would be credited back ... Nope not the case.. 30.00 I guess you tip the hotel for being there.. The person at check out let me know I was wrong about getting my money back... Too sweet... "Not"!!!
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
marsha
"couples dream"
Perfect for couples who want a kept, yet affordable, place to sleep at night, while spending their day at the pool or beach. Rooms are relatively small, but you aren't on South Beach to sit in your hotel room.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
"Elegant and stylish"
The Concierge staff is amazing. Stayed in contact to insure my stay was stress free and comfortable. The entrance to the hotel is very elegant and warm. This will definitely be my hotel for next trip to South Beach.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Teresa
"Fantastic!"
Love this hotel! First class all the way! Would stay again in a heartbear!
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"Love the Gale"
My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Gale Hotel for 4 nights and absolutely loved the Gale. The hotel has a great look and feel to it—very new and modern space that still gives you the fun feeling of old/classic Miami. The location was perfect—right in the center of all the action in South Beach. And even though we were in a room facing Collins Avenue we never heard a peep from outside which was great. The room we stayed in was very comfortable. A bit small to be honest but considering we didn't spend a ton of time in the room it was totally fine. The bathroom is updated with a shower that has a rainfall head (which was amazing). Again, a little small but beautiful and definitely functional. One of my favorite things about the hotel was the beach access. Guests walk one block up and access the beach right behind the Shelborne Hotel. There, guests of the Gale receive two lounge chairs (which were super comfortable) and two beach towels + lounge chair towel covers. If guests would like, they can rent an umbrella, cabana, etc and there is waiter service for food and drinks. So essentially we received all of the amenities that the big hotels offer but for a few hundred dollars less. And if you want to switch things up there is a pool on the roof of the hotel. Also, you HAVE to try the Italian restaurant, Dolce, on the ground floor. Believe it or not, the best meal we had in Miami. I would definitely recommend the Gale to my friends and for sure would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Elana
"Great place to say"
What a beautiful hotel! The service was great! The rooms were really nice and clean and the hotel staff was very polite. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great hotel, great location, excelent staff"
The hotel is really nice, conveinienty located with great, friendly staff. The rooms are nice, but small, similar to what you have in Europe. We found it a good size. Ony thing missing is something to hang your clothes on, drawers and more closet space for your clothes. I would get rid of the minibar, no need since there is a liquor store next door and I dont think a lot of people would use it. Could be used for clothes. Other thing we were unhappy about was that every day we got less ans less towels. First we did not get the medium size towels and the following day only the largest ones were left.
4 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Thordur
"Very small but nice !"
Rooms are very pretty but very tiny! Beautiful bathrooms but as soon as u open your front door your in the bathroom.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"South Beach Location"
Excellent location - across the street from the Delano and SLS. Lincoln Rd 2 blocks with easy access. Highly recommend.
3 night trip Sep 14, 2014
LK
"No water"
Its good hotel but when i complain the water on the room no buddy take action
Response by Gale South Beach
Hello, We have not run out of water that I am aware of. The mini bars all have chilled bottled flat and sparkling waters and our rooftop pool offers complimentary fruit infused elixcir to refresh.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Gale - Meh"
Very over-priced restaurant ($50 for breakfast?!?!), small rooms (no window), surrounded by construction.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
"Verry Nice and quiet"
Everything was great and convenient. Just make sure you ask for your car from valet well in advance.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Jean
"Hotel staff was outstanding."
We enjoyed staying at Gale Hotel. Hotel staff was really nice and helpful. The food in Dolce ' s restaurant was great! We just wish our room was a little bigger but overall we had a great experience!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Karolina
"Great !"
Very friendly staff in the night and morning ! Very helpful staff as well! I would recommend others. I well for sure come and stay here again .
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Cassie
Excellent. The hotel staff was amazing and accomodating. Very clean rooms. Beautiful roof top pool.
"clean and elegant"
This is a comfortable and elegant hotel with a very masculine appeal. The staff was very friendly and informative. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
Solomon Eversole
"Very nice hotel"
Hotel staff were great. Pool was nice but bar was closed so we had to go back to room everytime we wanted a drink. They should have a texting sytem to order food and drinks to pool. Hotel has a sexy look, hallways, bathrooms,lobby all were 5 star. And last thing there doors close to loud so a quiet door closer system would make this a 5 star hotel. Would def stay here again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
DAVID
Great room , staff and the restaurant is amazing !!!!!
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Nice but noisy"
The Hotel was nice but it was noisy. When people talked and laughed outside room during night it sounded like they were next to my bed. Location were good and staff VERY friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
"Gale hotel feedback"
Pool they close at the staff wish. Towels and water are not replenished, so not many people are there. Magnifying mirror was broken, shower knob that holds shower head was loose and dangling. Doors. Are horrible when they get closed. They slam so hard that the whole wall would vibrate. They need a special door stopper system. Front desk staff was ok.valet was great.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
kv
"n/a"
It was a wonderful and pleasant experience at this hotel. I would stay here again and recommend others as well.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
n/a
"GREAT HOTEL - VERY FANCY - JUST ONE COMPLAINT"
The location and hotel itself are amazing. Very quiet, very fancy, and impeccable cleanliness. The pool area is very nice and the hotel bar is awesome. The bartender was very friendly and same goes for the rest of the staff. I had one negative experience on Saturday night. My girlfriend and I forgot our keys in the room and the front counter person at that time was extremely rude... you can tell that she didn't like her job. She told my girlfriend that us forgetting the keys was no help at all and that it was a great inconvenience for her. Quite nasty. Not the service you expect from a $400/night hotel. Other than that disgruntled employee... I would totally go back because overall the hotel is a beauty!!!
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"great location, great staff"
The location couldn't have been better if your goal is to be close to the beach, close to great restaurants/bars and close to nightlife. The staff is also extremely friendly and will give you honest suggestions for places to go if you ask.
4 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2014
"HIDDEN GEM IN PLAIN SIGHT"
GREATEST VALUE ON THE BEACH. LOCATED ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE DELANO AND NEW SLS.UPON ARRIVAL YOU GET THE FEEL OF A SOHO HOUSE ATMOSPHERE. A TRUE BOTIQUE PROPERTY.GREAT ROOFTOP POOL AND BAR. WERE I ENJOYED A SUNSET AND CIGAR.YOU CAN WAKE UP AND DO EUROPEAN STYLE COFFES OR A ENGLISH TEA FROM THE EXTENSIVE SELECTION OR YOU CAN GO BEVERLY HILLS WITH A POLO LOUNGE STYLE FRESH PRESSED JUICE.
JIM