All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
134 Fourth Avenue, New York, NY, 10003, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"Pricey but good"
Just an overnight stay but the room and hotel were great. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I've always enjoyed modern designs and contemporary fixtures, which this has. It's too pricey for budget minded folks, though!
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Posh, Sophisticated and Convenient"
I stayed at the Hyatt Union Square on two separate occasions during the same week. This hotel was very convenient to where I was working and also to many restaurants. The hotel itself was very sophisticated and sleek. The front desk staff were so nice and accommodating. Though the room was fairly small (no surprise in NYC), it was still very cozy. Beautifully decorated. However, on both occasions, I discovered dirty towels. Other than that - I'd definitely recommend.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
Morgan
"Great hotel in a super location"
We had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt Union Square. I would highly recommend this hotel. They attend to every detail.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"NYC"
It was absolutely beautiful! We had a tiny little balcony and we had an amazing time
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Sara
Outstanding in every way!
3 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
For size the rooms were very well designed and appointed. Great location in East Village. Bar area a little too funky, shame it was not more of a normal bar. Great space terrible seating options.
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Union Square Hyatt"
The staff at the hotel was incredibly personable and helpful. The location was great. The room was rather small and the bathroom was terribly dark with little room to put things. The room rate was quite high. I guess we picked a prime weekend with NYU graduation and Memorial Day, and it is New York!
3 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Nice stay at Union Square"
Great location. Worked well and room was comfortable.
4 night family trip May 6, 2015
Ronald
"not worth it"
Not worth the money. Over $400 a night and I had to call down for a roll of toilet paper (only had less than a quarter on the roll and no backup in room).
1 night family trip May 4, 2015
Ellen
"A pleasant night"
The room was comfortable (great bed) and had all the amenities expected. No bathtub, unfortunately. We had the urban studio on a high floor and there was no separation between the shower/sink facilities and the room itself. There was a sliding door for the self-contained lavatory. The hotel tried to charge us dinner that we did not have there, but other than that, it was fine for a stopover in the city.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Third time's still a charm"
This was our third time staying at Hyatt Union Square. Love the location, the staff, the room and the breakfast is to die for!
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Great location and comfortable hotel"
You cannot beat the location of this hotel-near the subway and great neighborhood to walk around in. Staff here is very attentive. Rooms were modern and comfortable but small. Our room looked directly into the apartment building next door so view was nothing. I am sure there are rooms that have better so maybe ask if that is important to you. We had breakfast at the hotel twice. Food was good but it was very slow coming out of the kitchen. Wait staff was again very attentive. The restaurant was pleasent and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel to others.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
EdithL
"Tiny nice room"
Room is ridiculously tiny but the furnishings are nice. Room is so noisy I thought the neighbors were in my room. Hotel staff just ok.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"unbelievable staff hotel beyond clean very cool."
wonderful staff, restaurant accommodating and great food ambiance
Rosanne
"NYU locale"
Perfect location for visiting NYU. Very nice hotel for a reasonable price.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Modern welcoming hotel in the heart of union squar"
This is a great hotel for Business or pleasure ! I normally travel to New York for Business. As a single woman I never have felt awkward in the lounge or restaurants. Great food, and welcoming staff. I only wish they had Bathtubs. It's a "Girl" thing!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
suzy
Great location! One block from subway station. Staff was great and helpful! Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"A Very Pleasant Surprise"
Usually stay at another Hotel in Union Sq area that has gotten way overpriced for what it offers. Took a chance on the Hyatt and WOW, will be a repeat customer. A small hotel, which can be a " Good " thing. Very clean...very friendly staff....who at least on my stay were efficient. Small room ( urban studio) however very thoughtfully designed not to feel cramped. You may not have all amenities in room; but you can " borrow or buy" what you need..like lighted mirrors, phone chargers etc. Clever idea to reduce clutter. VERY good room service meals at good price. On time. Location great. What more can I say !!
2 night trip Mar 21, 2015
kathryn
"weekend trip"
Ideal location near Union Square, West Village and great dining. Nice lounge and hotel restaurant also. Look forward to staying here again
3 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Lee
"Nice upscale hotel in a great neighborhood"
Great location with lots of restaurants and other attractions nearby. The hotel itself is new, very clean and has a trendy design. The parking situation is a bit tough if you don't want to use their valet parking, but that's due to the busy neighborhood and not a fault of the hotel itself.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Serge
"Great Location!"
Nice rooms, close to subways, perfect for business or vacation.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
CHRISTIAN
"New York was cold but Hyatt and kind and friendly"
It was usual thoughtful and attentive service, nice rooms augmented by great location.. good place to work and good place for just visiting the City..Not overly full of itself, so warm feel to staff. nice downstairs restaurant for meetings, etc..lots of light
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
kareen
"Nice design, Hyatt new brand."
I liked the guest room design, very detailed and nice. simple color scheme. separate bathroom.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Barnaby
"February: Cold weather in NYC"
Small room, expected. Courtyard room requested - no view, expected, VERY quiet in NYC! Really Glad about this low noise level! Convenient to subway(5 line hub). Walk to many restaurant, shopping, easy to subway to museums/Broadway show. Bed very comfortable. Staff very friendly. Would give 3 plus stars. Would gladly stay again. Good deal on room @ $220/night. Staid only 2 days
2 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"comfortable, clean room, but loud doors"
Stayed for a long weekend with the girlfriend. Great neighborhood, convenient for walking all over town. Room was super clean, modern, and comfortable. Staff were attentive and friendly. The only complaint was that the room doors were extremely loud, and we started hearing them open and close all over our floor around 8am every day.
3 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Good choice at mid-to-high price"
Good location in the heart of Union Square. Rooms are a tad on the pricey side, but it's brand new and very well done.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Comfortable and modern style near Union Square"
After a late evening arrival, I headed for the bar "Singl" for a light dinner. Very good burger, nice atmosphere, and good conversation with a few locals who were at the bar. My room was very small but very modern and comfortable. I would definitely go back to this hotel the next time I need to be near Union Square.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
"Birthday Hotel Stay"
Great New hotel and Great location
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"We'll be back"
Highly recommend. Super clean room; most comfortable hotel bed I've stayed in in the U.S. Great location-within walking distance of a Union Square and numerous restaurants.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Hyatt Union Square"
Room was somewhat small but the cleanliness and shower made up for the size.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Michael G
"Wow!"
Super clean. Great location. Staff was wonderful. I'm not usually impressed by New York City hotel rooms I was very impressed by this one
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
RJ
"great location"
great location, individualized staff who are very kind and have personality: no mechanical 'what can i do for you" excellent room service food, fantastic coffee, too. great stay and glad i could stay there.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Loved this hotel. It had the vibe you'd expect for downtown. I spent the first three days of my trip at the Eastside Marriott which probably made the Hyatt Union Square seem even better by comparison. The Hyatt is in a great location, only a block from the subway, walking distance to Public Theater, etc. The gym is ok for a hotel, but if you want a real work out beyond treadmills and a few machines you'll have to go to a real gym.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Very happy at the Union Square Hyatt :)"
My first review...felt the need. How else would we decide when going to a big city like NYC? Can't say enough about how comfy my daughter and I were during our six night stay. Clean, cozy, and the staff was nothing but friendly and helpful. I thought the price was really good too. I would return in a heartbeat next time I go back :).
6 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
elizabeth
"+"
Great hotel in a convenient neighborhood. Rooms are a little small ... but that's New York.
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Gregory
"Great location, great service. All around fun!"
Weekend away. Great hotel - may be our new favorite hotel! The room was not large but designed with all the amenities needed and with beautiful hardwood floors. Beds a bit hard. Cleaning service for the room was less than adequate (didn't clean trash off of table or refill coffee maker supplies). They serviced the room the first night and left cookies, but not the case for the second night. The service was amazing. The team at the front desk was always smiling and so helpful. Victor is the best! The location is also great.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Rhonda L
Room was a little tight but that was to be expected. We had a nice stay. Didn't use the room much but it was good for what we needed it for. Sleeping!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Vincent
"Hyatt Union Square"
Great stay for the price. Excellent location, and the rooms, while on the small side, were well appointed, clean, and comfortable. The restaurant was great, and the spirit selection in the bar was second to none. Highly recommended.
3 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Joshua
Only gave 4 stars because internet is only free in the lobby. There is a $10/day charge in the room. For the prices of the rooms, Internet should be included
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
tanya
"Nice hotel in the heart of Union Square"
I stayed at the Hyatt with my best friend. We shared a room and the service/cleaniness was great. However we had a bad experience one night. My friend was showering and put the music kind of loud in the room. Understandibly the neighbors were annoyed, but that didn't give the right for a staff member to come in the room without our notice (while my friend was showering), turn off the music, and get out (I was out while that happened). We felt like it was a huge breach of our privacy. They could have called us later on to discuss the matter with us, without resorting to such disrespectful means. Other than that, the experience, food, and ambiance was great. I would definitely recommend it!
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Raya
"Cold but nice NYC weekend stay"
The hotel is very nice and the room is a decent size for NYC. Robert, the concierge, is very helpful and sweet. He assisted us w/ getting tickets for our first night. The whole staff within the lobby area is very nice & welcoming. The only complaint we have is the the room bathroom design. The sink faucet barely has clearance to get your hands under the spout and there's no place to hang your travel bag or hand towel. Just not well planned. We weren't that impressed with the staff at the bar off the lobby - slow & inattentive and the bar wasn't full. We didn't bother stopping our 2nd night. We did lunch at the restaurant off the lobby and that was a delight - delicious & great service. We had to be quick and the waiter was excellent in his suggestions on what to eat (I had the fish special & my husband had their burger off the menu - both perfect portions & taste.) and he got us out in time for my husband to do a conference call before we started our fun. We'd stay there again ... just not do a nightcap in the bar!
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Deb
"Perfect place to stay for business trip"
Front desk staff was very helpful
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"The warmest weekend in January!"
From the minute we arrived it could not have been nicer, from the gentleman who greeted us at the door, the staff at the front desk, hotel restaurant,gym,etc. we will definitely return and recommend to our friends!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great Hotel in a great location"
very short stay but very productive with a lot of help of the location
3 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Yaron
"Very nice hotel in an area where there aren't many"
The staff from doorman to front desk were all very nice. The room & bathroom were perfectly clean & comfortable. A little disappointed the garage wasn't discounted.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
andrea
"Great find!"
New(ish) hotel with great location. Staff was excellent, room clean and very modernly appointed. Hard to beat this place without spending twice as much. Cheers Hyatt.
2 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Holiday with style in the heart of The Big Apple!"
The hotel's a perfect hq for your stay in the Big Apple. The Village & LES in just a walk away. A special mention to the great & confy bed - just perfect after a long night in town!
5 night trip Dec 30, 2014
"NYC"
I was in New York City for 2 days only but had a great experience at the Hyatt Union Square. Very nice staff, was able to accommodate all my needs. Great value for money and 1 block to the train.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Staff was not very friendly initially. Rooms were not accessible by stairwell for people who aren't comfortable with elevators.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Would definitely stay again!"
My only complaint was the hot water went out for several hours during my stay.
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014