All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here134 Fourth Avenue, New York, NY, 10003, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

Great location Good restaurant off the lobby with excellent coffee!
Nice hotel in a great location. A bit pricey though.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Give yourself a little treat"
Great little weekend away with the wife. Needed a place to stay near Union Square. Great bed. Great views. GREAT SHOWER! Did breakfast in the restaurant and it was.........anyone? GREAT! Spicy lamb meatballs with poached eggs in a cheesy grit dish. Are you kidding me?!?!? Outstanding.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Bradley
"Not a pleasant stay...."
I stayed here for a one night quick trip for a concert in Union Square. I have to say that there isn't a lot of love in this place, meaning there wasn't that extra care or detail. The staff I dealt with (other than the bellman who was very sweet and friendly)appeared to not really want to be there. In the morning, I ordered room service and it was very very poor. The food was horrible. They did not bring up ice water as requested. There was no milk or cream provided with the coffee. The potatoes were not cooked. When I initially called for room service, they were apparently "backed up" and I spoke to the front desk. The front desk was uninformed about the menu and was not very friendly on top of that. When I called to get half and half, they brought up some weird contraption that was clearly not designed for such a thing and it spilled all over the place. The coffee was full of grounds. Overall, it was not a very pleasant experience. I would not stay here again. It is a pricey hotel and the service was abysmal. Perhaps I just hit it on a particularly busy or off day, but I was extremely dissatisfied with my stay. The room was adequate and appeared clean, so that was good, but I'm very surprised that a hotel such as this would have such bad service. I would advise anyone to stay elsewhere.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2014
"great location for a fun weekend"
great location. Everything is brand new. We ate at their restaurant The Fourth on two occations. Very convenient and the best option for weekend brunch in the neighborhood.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
"Will be back"
Location couldnt be better. Half a block away from union sq metro. Great service that totally exceeded my expectation.
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
"Perfect boutique style hotel for a wk end."
A talented jazz trio greeted my arrival and check-in was super fast . A smallish room felt much larger by its well-considered design. Clean and stylish bathroom. I had no idea this was such a new hotel but look forward to staying here again.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2014
"great hotel with great location"
Centrally located for uptown and downtown. Clean, quiet and recent renovation. Half a block from Union Square which is main transfer point for subway.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
brent
"Good Stuff"
I was really impressed with the staff. As soon as we arrived they were attentive, curious and accommodating. Everyone there had a great attitude. Definitely would return.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Manuel
Great. Excellent accommodations Decent room Great shower.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
JP
"Confirm you get the room u pay for"
Booked an urbane sky room with city views as it says on Hyatt website and paid extra for that. Went to my room and its on second floor! They put me in a terrace room and said its an upgrade. Terrace was cool but no views and what else am I gonna do once checked in and they said all urbane sky rooms are full. Will definitely check with the hotel itself from next time and think twice before booking again on Hotels.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
"Loud Door slamming"
I was not able to get rest due to constant door slamming every 10- 15 min. I went out in the hallway and saw the housekeeping crew slamming the door in and out of the linen closet. The door slamming continued again at 7:30 am the following morning and until I checked out at noon. We were charged for the mini bar items which we did not eat. It has been 4 days and I have not received a follow up call nor email to my request for the refund for the items that I did not eat. I already spent too much time over the phone and writing email requesting a refund. I could have already made the $ for the mini bar items. I would not return to this hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
The towels and the bed sheets had a bad odor. Overall, the staff are not friendly. I would not come back.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"Sleek and sexy!"
Great hotel! Boutique feeling, great views, great neighbourhood. Highly recommend!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Eva
"Comfortable"
It was convenient and comfortable I was dropping my daughter off at her dormitory. I would definitely stay there again. It was close to NYU and Parson New school for Design ,,close to restaurants, public transportation and entertainment .
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
N. Garcia
"Great hotel on Union Square"
We always enjoy our stay at this hotel! The Staff is friendly, the rooms are clean & comfortable and the location is great!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Great staff and spot in NYC"
this hotel was a great place to spend a week in NY with family.the rooms are a little small but very iiviable the front of house staff very friendly and bartenders good too! the only issue is the maid service is a little hit or miss,room always clean but sometimes they forget things like coffee,or towels ,minor details but annoying just the same. Location for lower Manhattan perfect.
8 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Jay Witlen
"Great hotel in an awesome location!"
I'd certainly stay here again! Loved everything about it.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Nick T.
"They Fell Short On The Liitle Things"
I'm generally not picky about hotels but when I pay a rate of almost $400 per night I expect more. When I checked in, I carried my bags from the cab to the desk. At check in, I was subjected to a long speech about the trendy wine bar in the lobby and other amenities that I had no interest in - they should ask what I want to know more about. As I was getting into the elevator, the bellhop came running over wanting to know if I needed help with my bags - day late dollar short. In my room, they couldn't seem to stock coffee supplies for the coffee maker each day (although fully stocked with $10 candy bars for the mini bar), towels left on the floor were just hung on a hook rather than replaced, no simple ice bucket in the room, the wifi that I paid $10 per day for (which is amazingly free in a motel 6) was slow - of course a more expensive upgrade was available. The hotel was also one of these "trendy décor" places. Front desk that looked like a temporary pardon our construction table, and elevators so dark, it was hard to see the buttons. All in all, there are much better values in NYC.
4 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"Exceeded expectations"
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of my stay at Hyatt Union Square. The room was great, the customer service exceptional and the location pretty central to anywhere I needed to be in Manhattan. Having lived in NYC for a number of years I am always a bit partial, when visiting for business, to staying close to where my meetings are. However, due to several conferences in town I stayed at the Hyatt in Union Square. Modern style, super clean rooms and friendly customer service that was happy and eager to help with any needs that arose. I will certainly seek out Hyatt USQ next time I'm in town and would encourage anyone seeking accomodations to do the same. Many thanks to the fine and friendly team at Hyatt USQ!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"good location for accessing must see sights"
Very nice property with very friendly and helpful staff. A/C shut on and off continually which was annoying. Not carpeted so I could hear movement from room above. Room was however very nice for NYC size. Would definitely stay here again. Usually stay more mid town but really liked this location.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"An amazing and welcoming hotel!"
The Hyatt Union Square was a great home away from home! My partner and I traveled to NYC to see three shows during the July 25-28, 2014 weekend. In December 2013, we stayed in the heart of the city where we could walk to Radio City Music Hall and other hot spots. However, this trip we wanted to stay closer to Greenwich Village and found this gem of a hotel. The team of employees at this hotel was welcoming, fun, and professional. The location was close to subway stops and cabs were a snap to get for a quick ride to the sites. We walked to some great restaurants and sandwich and coffee shops around the hotel near Union Square. A quick cab ride to the NYU and Washington Square area delivered some relaxing walks and fun eating places. We even walked from the hotel to the historic Stonewall Inn where the GLBT civil rights movement began in 1969. Thanks to Tenzing (assistant manager) for the professional and caring service in our room upgrade! I also forgot my iPhone charger in the room and the Housekeeping manager mailed it to my home in Florida. Amazing service at an incredible Hyatt Hotel in NYC and we will visit and stay at this hotel again in the future.
3 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Brian and Sonny
"Modern Boutique Hotel Experience from a Chain"
Planned a last-minute day-trip to NYC and very much enjoyed our stay. Great location, nice facility, charming staff.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
L
I had a excellent experience. Friendly staff, excellent facilities, good lounge bar.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Sushil
"Great staff, great location"
I've stayed in very, very many NYC hotels but if I have a choice I now choose the Hyatt Union Square. First, it's in a great spot with the N,Q and L lines less than a block away. Second, the hotel staff is very nice and the hotel is very modern. The rooms are a touch larger than most I've stayed in in Manhattan and much more up to date. The little touches were great. For instance, by the door and by both sides of the bed is a master switch that turns off all lights in the room save for one nightlight which you can set the luminosity on.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Troyus
"A Perfect Refuge Right in the City!"
I loved my time at the Hyatt - we are from Brooklyn and just got married at City Hall and came here for a StayCation in NYC. Not only was the location stellar - right in Union Square! - but the room (mine was on the 10th floor) was very clean and comfy with a cool NYC view of surrounding water-towers (VERY NY!) -- but the best thing was the staff at the front desk and beyond. Full of warmth and heart with a willingness to make you the most comfortable you can be. Special props to Victor Marrero at the front desk who took such good care of us! AND -- they have cool beach cruisers they let you have for free, including a helmet -- the best way to get around NYC! Couldn't recommend it more!
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Danielle
"Small room but well laid out"
nice location near union Square, horrible bar experience and lack of follow up with management hurt this rating.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Great Union Square hotel. Good sized rooms, especially the studios. Clean, elegant with a great staff. Always wonderful.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Comfortable bed, I wanted to steal the pillows!"
Very modern, boutique style hotel. Smaller rooms than what I'm used to, but well designed to take advantage of space. All lighting accessible from bed. Tons of outlets!! Quiet, comfortable and friendly :-) I usually expect pretentious staff in boutique hotels, pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed each of the restaurants and the bar, food was fresh, delicious and innovative. Proximity to the younger part of Manhattan was fun and interesting to explore. Easy access to subway to visit other parts. I usually stay at the Waldorf, the views weren't as nice, but the relaxed friendliness and crisp cleanliness has won me over. Hyatt, your staff is the best!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Teresa
Very comfortable, had all the amenities I needed.
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
Cameron
"Simply amazing"
This is hands down one of the best places to stay in NYC. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, the cleaning service prompt and the hotel rooms are extremely well appointed. I will definitely stay here again and plan to make it my go-to hotel in NYC!
3 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Small rooms. Clean. Great location. Nice people. Nothing extraordinary.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Location was great"
A family member lives nearby, walked the HighLine park and had a fabulous dinner at a cafe near Union Square, all walkable and lovely on a summer Saturday in New York. Especially unexpected was an eleven am checkin, which made the remainder of the day so much easier. All the staff were extremely helpful with bags, address checks, and early Sunday morning taxi hailing. Atmosphere energetic and friendly. We had stayed here last fall, and chose the same hotel because of a very pleasant experience at that time. We will definitely stay here again. Our room of course was small but had everything we needed, including a coffeemaker. Valet parking makes it easy if you're driving, which we did.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Hyatt Union Square"
I've been living in the city for a while, but wanted to surprise my husband with booking us a room, and making it feel like a mini vacation. Everything was beyond amazing. Besides the hotel restaurant and lounge we had variety of options outside of it, too.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
Malefficent
"Loved the neighborhood!"
Really enjoyed the area of Union Square. Lots of things to do. Lovely parks. The only thing I wish was better was the mattress. A bit hard for my tasted. Wonderful staff.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
maria
"PERFECT!!!"
GREAT HOTEL! GREAT PRICE FOR NYC! EXCELLENT STAFF! THIS WAS OUR SECOND STAY AT THIS HOTEL IN 2 MONTHS AND HAS QUICKLY BECOME OUR FAVORITE IN THE CITY! GREAT LOCATION! NICE SIZE ROOMS! WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
1 night trip May 18, 2014
JAMIE R
"management"
The stay was fine and it's a great location near my office. I had stayed at this hotel a few times already. However, I'll not stay here for business any more via booking on line. I had a urgent topic and need to return a day earlier. I advised the hotel staff at the time of check in that I might stay one night instead of two. The next day when I was checking out, I was told the I already paid the full two days. The staff spoke to the front desk manager. The manager told me the hotel credited the me. I'm all taking care of and I only need to follow up with hotel.com for refund. I completely trusted it. However, in the evening, I received email from hotel asking how is my stay and copied whole management team. I found it's strange as why sending me an email to tell me that I was check ing out the next day. I called the front desk, the manager didn't take the call and didn't return my calls.
2 night business trip May 14, 2014
"A true gem in the middle of it all"
The location of the Hyatt Union Square is only outdone by the classy service and attention to details. All within the staff were courteous and extremely helpful. Upon entering and exiting the building, you were immediately asked by everyone in the lobby if anything was needed. We really felt at home and would not hesitate to recommend hotel to friends and colleagues.
4 night romance trip May 2, 2014
Leoandedith
The rooms are quiet a little pricy like all NYC hotels
2 night trip May 3, 2014
GHR
"Will never stay here again"
I was kicked out of the hotel the first night because they over booked the hotel
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
Vivian
"Great experience"
Overall its a great place to stay in nyc. Good central location. Loved the service. Room was very clean. Price was reasonable for ny
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Rob
There are only 2 elevators and one was not working the entire stay and it was often a long wait.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great Experience"
Great Hotel!!! I had one minor hiccup with the valet service. The hotel staff was great , very professional , and reliable. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this a friend and my next visit to New York I will be staying here.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"PERFECT!!!"
Beautiful hotel in a great location with an excellent staff!! They couldn't be anymore friendly and helpful!
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Jamie
We were there for both business and leisure. The hotel and room are beautiful. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Location was perfect for us as family is in the East Village. Would DEFINATELY go back. One if the better finds in NYC and we are there often for both business and leisure. PS they told us it's only one year old
3 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Good clean hotel. The rooms were nice, but somewhat small for the price. Good health club, clean and a nice variety of equipment.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Visit with my NYU son"
Good location for NYU visit. Founder's Hall is just down the street. Downstairs is refurbished Post Office for lobby, restaurant and bar with new hotel built behind. About a year old. Small room but well engineered. Spectacular bath and shower.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Nice & New"
Recently opened and in a good location to be positioned for easy access uptown or downtown while staying in NYC. Elevators pretty slow.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
JV
"Great weekend trip"
I had a great stay. I was just in NYC for a weekend to see a show at the Irving Plaza (which is just a quick 2 1/2 blocks away). The check-in was quick and easy. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, and even remembered me by name and asked how the show was the next night. Any small items you forget they will provide (for example I forgot a hairbrush, called the front desk and they had one delivered to me at no cost in less than 10 minutes). The room itself was small, as expected in NYC, but well laid out and didn't feel small. I was impressed with how much was in a small space without it feeling crowded: desk and chair, king size bed, bedside tables, wardrobe with a safe, minibar, fridge, coffeemaker/tea things, etc. There was even a breakfast order door hanger so you could order breakfast to be delivered to the room without calling down. Speaking of, the breakfast was delicious and well worth the price. Overall, I would absolutely stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Would definitely go back"
I'm a veteran of NY hotels, and this is a great combo of new construction, not too big, great location, lovely service. Our room was not big but adequate, and facing 4th avenue it was very quiet. Gym was great.
4 night trip Apr 4, 2014