All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
6 Soi Sukhumvit 29, Sukhumvit Road, Kwaeng Klongtoey Nua, Khet Wattana, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Rather comfortable
    Good internet service
    Great room
    Bad breakfast
"Love this place"
Love this hotel convenient small and comfortable. Nice staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Hannah
"Great value, just okay location"
The hotel and the room were quite nice. Everything was modern, the air conditioning worked great, and the bathroom was new. Hotel staff were quite nice too. You get a great bang for your buck at this place. That said, the location wasn't what I wanted. I was looking for a place that was within walking distance to a large collection of street food and the Mermaid was located in an area that's not within 5 minutes of walking distance. Of course, it's Bangkok, so there's a few vendors here and there, but I was looking for a massive collection of street carts. The location, however, was pretty close to the above-ground rail system, which is great. It was also located a few hundred feet off the main street so it was relatively quiet.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2015
Laolee
"Better options available"
Nice hotel and decent enough room, but any of the following would be much better choices at the same price, and with better service personnel: Amora Neoluxe, Thee Hotel, Best Western Plus 20, CityPoint, Double One by Aspira, to name just a few.
3 night trip Nov 12, 2015
"Great Hotel in good location"
Exceptionally good Hotel and great value for money.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Tony
"Good hotel"
The location is good. In spite of near Sukhumvit street, it is quiet. The bed in room is very good. I changed the schedule for staying more. It is no problem about the hot water volume of the shower room. But the outdoor unit of air is a little noisy.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
yaskoji
"Consistently great"
This recent visit was the forth time I've stayed at the Mermaid hotel and it continues to stay clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The hotel is just off Sukhumvit Street on a nice quiet Soi. Hotel rooms are really quiet, the linens are exquisite and the bathrooms are terrific. The location is outstanding too - just blocks from Asoke Sky Train station, Sukhumvit Metro Station, and Terminal 21 Shopping Center. An excellent place to stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Tracee
The bath towels is very old . The staff is ok .
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Nice Hotel very Quiet"
Nice out of the way hotel. Small and quiet. Breakfast has a lot to be desired. Don't take that as part of your booking.
3 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Garry
"Good and convenient"
If a nice clean room is what you are looking for then the Mermaid is a good choice. Value for money.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Mean mermaids"
Physical condition was ok... I'm not usually one to complain BUT the service.... From check in on was just incredibly BAD. And what really ores us was that, after asking asking asking for the most basic amenities, when they were promised but not delivered our complaints were just met with a " why should I care" attitude. Not all of the staff were as callous.. One young girl in particular was aware of her coworkers bad attitude and really tried to compensate so I feel bad for her but don't expect that famous Thai hospitality from the front desk at this place.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Gerald
"Nightmare on Soi 29"
I hope no one has to experience what I went through at Mermaid. Room reeked of cigarette smoke. The bellman's solution? 'Wait, they'll spray the room for you.' Back to reception, where one clueless woman worked alone. Next room was. Clean but had connecting doors so that I heard every sound from my quarreling neighbors. Tried Ms. Clueless again, she offered a quiet room if I was willing to pay extra. Asked for the manager but he was off, no one in charge. So I called Hotels.com, they gave me a refund and I got out of there the next day. Yes, room is clean, bed is comfortable, but if you virtually have your neighbors in the room with you, how relaxing will your stay be? A friend told me they had a 'Grand Opening Celebration' and promotion not long ago. But the place is clearly not new--I've never seen connecting doors in a modern hotel. And the utter unhelpfulness of the receptionist was mind-boggling. The same friend told me he had some issues here and didn't get much help either. Breakfast was mediocre, very few choices. No hand towels in the bathroom. If you choose this hotel I wish you luck!
4 night trip Feb 22, 2015
PAUL
"Great value in no frills hotel"
This relatively new hotel is a fantastic value. No frills. No fitness club. Small pool. Mediocre breakfast. But beds are comfortable. Rooms nice size and clean. Good cable TV package.
5 night trip Jan 27, 2015
Cole R
"Gem among rocks"
Great hotel with super service, great value for money and super location to the BTS (Asok). I would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
Christopher
"Above average."
Above average for the price, avoid the breakfast it's expensive, and tours seem to be over priced. Internet is excellent. Staff try to help but limited with English language. Not ideal location. Surcharge from airport to hotel was 800 BATHS.
6 night trip Jan 9, 2015
Wallace
"good"
It was nice and the service was great
4 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
robert
"Average"
Staff are kind and helpful but speak very little English. The hotel is said to have been built in 2011 and what I think they mean't to say is that it was remodeled in 2011. With that said it's clean and nice. I was very happy with my room. One night there was no hot water but they fixed that problem. I wasn't happy with the tour services they use. The tours for the most part are a rip off. The dining room has breakfast that's over priced, it's a breakfast buffet, the evening meal cost close $30 for one person, it's a buffet and to be truthful it's not worth even $15 a person. In summary the restaurant isn't good. The manager looked to be either English or European and he snobbed everyone, he looked like he was in a very bad mood. Oh, they do offer a Taxi from the airport with a surcharge, I advise you use it. With all of this said, I'd probably use it again, just because I know what to expect.
6 night trip Jan 9, 2015
Wallace
"Surprisingly modern rooms but basic hotel grounds"
Rooms are renovated and modern. We had corner king w balcony (balc us tiny) but nice tub with window peaking into bathroom/bedroom. Very nice..only thing is the pool is small n jacuzzi not heated. Blocked by bldgs so u dont get much sun. The cafe terrace was still under construction and dont bother with the Brazilian rest. Its awful however, DO check out Mahanaga modern thai restaurant about 3 doors down its amazing food n beautiful. U would barely notice it...
4 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Sukhumvit area. It is a 5 minute walk from Ashok station. It takes about 30 mins to get to some of the major sights in Bangkok and about an hour max to the airport if you decide to travel by public transport. the staff were friendly and welcoming. What I did not like was finding a cockroach in the bathroom on my second and last day of stay. The room was spacious and comfortable though it did have a peculiar smell which I initially thought was to do with smoking, but the staff told me that mine was a noon-smoking room. Overall it was a good enough place for 2 nights. The location is great, but I am sure there are nicer places to stay.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great Choice Near Terminal 21 Shopping Mall"
This hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable. They pool area is very well maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is very well located. It is near the Terminal 21 mall which has a great food court. It is a short walk to the Asok/Sukhumvit subway stations, the intersection of the two main metro lines.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2014
"Good Tourist-class Hotel in Sukhumvit-Asoke"
This is a good tourist-class facility in a great location. The staff was mostly very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were decent sized by Bangkok standards and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, especially for Thailand. Just two small defects made this a less than top recommended hotel. First is the location on a small Soi off the main road. During rush hours it is virtually impossible to get a taxi to the hotel. Second is that the "taxi reservation" for the airport is a total scam. They want 500 baht for essentially calling a taxi. Save yourself 200-300 baht and either walk to Sukhumvit and get a taxi or just call.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Ken
"Nice hotel in Sukhumvit."
Stayed for 2 night and enjoyed it. The shower was wonderful, however, we did see some roaches crawling around.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Clean, inexpensive, good location"
Breakfast left a little to be desired.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"good location to train station"
We stay in bangkok for 4 days hotel is perfect. Close to train station
5 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
manuel
"Great boutique hotel."
Great boutique hotel, service, and location. About 10 min walk to BTS, MRT station, and Soi Cowboy. Lots of bars clubs on sukhumvit 22. Overall good experience. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Shannon
"Roomy, clean, comfortable. Get the corner suite!"
Things I loved: Super comfy bed, rain shower, great water pressure, good heat from showers, proximity to train station, restaurants and shopping. The hotel restaurant also had great service and a nice selection of Brazilian, Italian and Thai. Opt for the corner suite with patio, floor-to-ceiling windows and nice, clean bathroom with deep tub. It was worth it for just a few dollars more. Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible. This is near the train station so the early-morning train or street noise might wake you. The mermaid was wonderful!
3 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2014
TravelingTexan
"Just love this hotel"
I have stayed in this hotel numerous times and it never fails to please me. The beds are heavenly...really great matresses and exquisite linens. Bathrooms are sparkling clean and the shower water pressure is fantastic! Great swimming pool as well. Location is quiet but really close to the Asoke and Sukhumvit BTS/MRT. Terminal 21 is adjacent to these stations and their food court on the bottom level is a great place to pick up some great food.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Very, very pleasant"
The room was excellent. Terrific bathrooms, big, clean rooms, exquisite linens, excellent location (close to BTS, MRT, and Terminal 21), great pool, and lovely staff.
4 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Tracee
"Nice hotel just 100 meters from the main street."
Very nice and clean hotel with good services. The room is big and very clean. The pools is a nice place to chill after a long touring day. The restaurant has very good food. The breakfast is good, not a lot of variety but its worth paying it.
3 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2014
Oscar
"simple and clean"
I think for the money it is a good stay. For a little more there is better very nearby but the difference is not worth the diffrence in money to some. Read the reviews carefully. This one paints a slightly more rosey picture than reality. Still nice though. Breakfast simple and great service.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2014
BRG
"Great Location and Amazing Staff"
The staff was unbelievable. Whatever I needed, they made it a priority to accommodate me. My flight wasn't scheduled to fly out until 1130 PM and the staff worked with me and my wallet to have me remain in the hotel until it was time for me to go to the airport. The room was large and clean. Although I had the Do Not Disturb light on, the staff called to verify if I needed any additional items for the room or if I wanted it clean later in the day. As for the location...it is great for the active male or female. Close to shopping and entertainment.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Damien
"Meh"
I am not sure this is a 4 star hotel. The overall room was pretty decent, but we stayed in one of the corner suites and the walls are extremely thin. You can hear everything int he other room. The bathroom does not receive any of the air conditioning, so it's always fairly warm. The T.V. screen was broken, not something I would expect from an upgraded room. There is no hair dryer. The hot tub is located right in front of the kitchen back door, so are sitting there, half naked listening to cooks talking loudly banging around dishes. The pool is low grade, broken tiles... kinda gross. Legacy, next door, for about the same price as the corner suite, was much better. Much better.
3 night trip Oct 20, 2013
Overall the hotel was okay. Great location. The room was clean but small. The staff were helpful in letting us use their services. Breakfast was not bad, not buffet style you order a la carte.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Excellent staff. Near dining and nightlife, but not in the middle. Rather wacky but fun room decor. Limited but very good breakfast choices.
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
"Great hotel in the perfect area"
It's a very nice hotel with a pool, which was very . The area is perfect, within walking distance to all that you could possibly want, including the large and beautiful park across the main street. The property is well maintained and clean. The staff is nice and competent. My room was small but perfectly functional, very European in design. The bed was very comfortable and my short stay was an excellent one. It's a great value for the money spent, including free WIFI, which is nice. I would definitely recommend this property and would happily stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
Randy
Good hotel with relevant facilities and wifi in the room. Location is very good, right on Sukhumvit road and close to the MRT as well, all within walking distance.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2013
Harry
"Beautiful rooms"
Booked the corner suite, and it was a huge room with a beautiful bathroom! The walk to Asok station might be slightly far, and quite a stretch especially under the hot scorching sun. Otherwise, it's a pretty decent place for a short stay! Did not order the breakfast as the reviews didn't seem so optimistic about it..
2 night business trip Mar 20, 2013
Emily
"Short stay"
This hotel is fairly new, clean and staff was very helpful. Room is modern and comfortable. Breakfast buffet if limited but okay. It's a bit far from main attractions but transportation is close. Would stay again.
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
AM
"Quality hotel at a good price"
I booked into this hotel with a slight uncertainly but because I read a couple of very positive reviews from the other travellers and I've decided to give it try. I have previously stayed in all kinds of hotels in Bangkok from truely luxurious to simple tourist class hotels. The breakfast was a little too simple for me but then with the very reasonable hotel rate one could hardly complain. I shall just book a room without breakfast next time. Easy access to Asok BTS station is a big plus. The room conditions were excellent and comfort level high so I was very happy with my stay. Will go back there again next month.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
Wong

"3 nights at Mermaid hotel"
Good value for the money. It is not 5 stars but you wob't pay 5 star rates either. Central and Easy access to BTS and getting around.
3 night trip Jan 29, 2016
Mohsen
SG
"Great little hotel, nice location and price."
I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Mermaid. The hotel is on a quiet soi near Sukumvit and the Asok Skytrain station The room was very comfortable. I had a corner balcony room which I would highly recommend for the balcony but especially for the fantastic large bath tub and great shower. I will definitely return next time I am in Bangkok.
1 night trip with friends Feb 2, 2016
Bernard
"a GEM!!!"
I read good and bad reviews for this hotel, but went with a friends referral and glad we did. This was one of my favourite hotels out of the 14 we went to on our trip around Thailand. Breakfast buffet was what ever but it was free with my room so didn't matter. Everything else made up for it. And the staff were so AMAZING!!! i'll be back for sure!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
Jacqueline
"Good value for money"
Stayed for two days, close to BTS trainstation and Terminal 21. Good standard, nice and helpful staff, breakfast could be better. Swimmingpool small and not so clean water.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
Hakan
"Nice hotel near the main city area of Sukhumvit"
Very nice and clean hotel - very well maintained rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Flexible in policies around early check-in, etc. Great location - walk-able distance to BTS, MTS and also very easy access tot taxi, tuk tuk, restaurants, convenience stores, etc.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
しょー
"Loving it!"
Such a clean and comfortable stay. This is now my favorite place to stay in Bangkok. Small, good service, and extremely good value and comfort. It has everything I am looking for. Only complaint pool tiles need some repair but still wonderful.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Hannah
"Great Location in Bangkok"
Great place to stay on Soi 29 Nice restaurant as well
6 night trip Aug 27, 2015
SG
"Great location, and very reasonable!"
Small-ish hotel, but very well located and with big-hotel facilities. Proper restaurant - very reasonable prices, good food and well used. Good bar, and even a small pool. Roons are good size, and could stand redecorating at some point, but they are comfortable and exceptionally clean. Huge walk-in showers and no probs with water power or heat. Good aircon and fridge. 10 min stroll to Asoke MRT or Skytrain, with lots of choice of bars, restaurants and street food - everything from extremely basic to very glitzy. Thai hotel staff are universally friendly and helpful. They even have a fully-manned excursion desk by day. I have now booked my 3rd stay, and really like the feel of the place, although, as noted, the room decor could do with a small makeover.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Acceptable hotel"
This is slightly above a 3 star hotel. I think the rooms had been recently been refurbished and so look clean and modern. It is not a big hotel and the swimming pool is quite small but it is fine for a quick dip. The breakfast was OK. A bit limited and the same everyday but at least they cook eggs to order. I was hoping for some good beef sausages as the breakfast room becomes a Argentinian steak house later in the day. The WIFI was free and worked fine. It is about 10 minutes walk to the skytrain station and we had no problems getting a taxi from Suk rd. For the price (£35/nite) I would say it was OK value for money.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
stewart
"Good n value for your money."
Enjoy my stay there very much. Could have been better if i was given a higher floor. Location was very convenient. Breakfast was sufficient but could be better. Unfortunately they do not have the morning newspaper for the rooms even dought I requested to pay for it.And the rooms phone was not working properly. Hope it will improve when I return to stay again.
3 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Simon H.C.
SG
"Comfortable stay at low cost"
Very convenient location, spacious room & good service at a lovely price!
4 night trip Jul 9, 2015
Yuk Ting Tina
"Lovely hotel with friendly staff"
We loved the stay, clean rooms and great customer service.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015