All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
211 E 3rd St, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

4.8
"Alright, had higher hopes"
Went to Austin for a sisters/cousin eating trip. The traffic to get there was horrible but it's downtown, and construction was everywhere. The service was great from the second we pulled into the valet($30 overnight). Answered all my questions. The room was a bit smaller than pictured, especially for $300 a night. The bathroom looked awesome. But the cute,sliding glass door didn't lock. We were in a time crunch so we didn't want to deal with calling anyone about it. The pool, no deeper than 4ft something, is big enough for like maybe 10 people. It was sooo salty and smelly. The best thing we loved was the breakfast buffet the next morning. Everything was delicious! And it was GREAT people watching. The hotel looks great and modern.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Yuridia
"Hyatt On Saturday"
Great hotel..31.00 for Valet is steep, and not having self-parking is not cool..but other than that this hotel is worth the stay
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Kenneth
"Really nice hotel in a great location"
Really nice hotel in a great location
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
This was a great hotel - the room was spacious and comfortable. It was located in a very safe area with access to many local attractions and restaurants. I would absolutely stay here again!
4 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
Nicole
Pleasure stay!!!!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown and for your 5-star rating!
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Marcelo
"Great stay,would recommend to anyone!"
Great stay vacation.. walking distance to all nightlife in town.Very Clean.. great service.. good free breakfast!
3 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Great place"
Unfortunately we only stayed for the night, the hotel was super clean and very modern. The staff was really nice they recommended a really nice place for us to eat. I've never been to austin and this was a great experience overall the only thing was the valet took awhile to get our car after check out. I will return again soon.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
We are happy to hear that you found your stay to your satisfaction and thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great hotel only marred by parking policy"
Hotel itself was great. Very clean rooms and courteous staff. My only complaint would be that the hotel has a parking garage that you can not park in unless valet parked. That add on fee was 33 dollars to park the vehicle overnight and does not include a valet tip....that seems ridiculously overpriced and should be included in the room price
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
We are sorry to hear that Valet charges were higher than expected, but hope you found convenience in 24/7 Valet service with unlimited in and out privileges. Best regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Britton
"HORRIBLE VALET SERVICE!!!"
Everything was good except for the valet. The call ahead for valet was not available and it took over 30 minutes to have my car driven around the corner. I could have easily walked to the garage myself to get my car. Not only that but I was charged twice for valet parking. Had I not gone back to the front desk I would've never known they charged me twice. I will not be staying here again due to the valet parking.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear you encountered delays with Valet service and please know that we are making efforts to limit the wait time. We thank you for your feedback. Best regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Staff, Great Hotel"
First time in Austin and booked this hotel because of the price and location in downtown. It was a great stay I must say. The room was very clean and I appreciated the hospitality of the staff. GRIPE #1: You have to scan your room key on the elevator each time to go to your floor, so that's a bit irritating. GRIPE #2: Valet can be a headache; there is so little space for all the cars being brought out, so it's difficult to get speedy service. OVERALL: I'll definitely stay here again. The breakfast spread was substantial, especially for meat lovers, and in general the staff was professional and very hospitable. STAY HERE!!!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to your future visits! All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Abdul
"Great location & service"
Stayed in for a night to catch a music act in downtown Austin. Service was amazing from valet to front desk. Not one complain the location was on the middle of downtown and valet was worth it. Will use again !
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
We are happy to hear that you found your stay to your satisfaction and thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
So great and welcoming!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
We thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown and for your excellent rating!
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Shannon
"Loved our stay."
Great location, clean. Friendly staff. Curtains blocked out the sunlight to ensure a good mornings sleep. Would stay again.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Kathryn
"2 Night Business Trip"
Would recommend the hotel. It was clean, well appointed, professional staff, nice amenities for a business hotel and I would stay there again when traveling to Austin.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for the outstanding review. We are very pleased to hear you were taken care of and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Austin. The hotel staff was amazing; friendly, accommodating, always greeted us whether we were arriving or departing the hotel. The buffet breakfast was also excellent. Location was central so it was easy to walk everywhere.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for the outstanding review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
3 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Adela
"Quick getaway"
Great location. Walking distance to many great restaurants .
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Chad
"Highly recommended"
I stayed here with my boyfriend to celebrate my 21st birthday. We chose this hotel since it was within walking distance of 6th street and I am so glad we did. The staff was more than helpful, they went out of their way to go above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. The front desk was really helpful with all the questions I had and even the valet were extremely nice and considerate. The only downfall was that I didn't have a good view out of my window. I was hoping to watch the bats on congress bridge but this was not something I would fault the hotel with, just my bad luck. I highly recommend to anyone wanting to have a great time visiting Austin!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you so much for choosing us to be part of your 21st birthday celebration! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your time in Austin. Warm Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Brooke
"Great hotel for a night in Austin"
We came in for a day trip to Austin. Valet set the tone as they were friendly and helpful giving us suggestions of things to do. Service at check in was amazing providing us with complimentary water after a long drive. Breakfast the next morning was amazingly delicious, plenty of choices for all types of diets and preferences. The hotel is within walking distance to a lot of the fun things to do downtown making it ideal. An all around enjoyable stay!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is a delight to hear that you were well taken care of during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Austin and hope to see you return soon! Warm Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
"Downtown comfort"
Excellent choice for access to convention center
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you the wonderful rating! We trust that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown in the future.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
MBAYE
"Great Place"
Exceptional staff!!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the entire team at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we would like to thank you for the 5-star rating!
3 night business trip May 25, 2015
super nice!
1 night trip May 29, 2015
"Room smells like cat urine"
First off we arrive after 1500, which was check in time and the room wasn't ready.... No worries. The Marriott Residence Inn on 4th, it's wonderful! I don't like trying new places and stick to what I know and this is a prime example. NO ON SITE SELF PARKING. I had to park a two blocks away at the Convention Center garage and it was $30.00. They ONLY valet...cost to valet is not a problem...It's the fact that I don't want a valet in my car, I've had bad experiences and just don't do it. The front desk clerk asked the valet supervisor and she was rude when asked if I could pay for valet but park myself. THEN...we get to my room...the smell was atrocious...it smelled like cat urine as if a female cat in heat sprayed all over everything. The front desk was called and a housekeeper agreed it smelled, the supervisor came and said,"It smells sweet." ?!?! Yea uhhh no. When I was escorted to a new room I was so worried the other room would smell too, thankfully it did not! The staff kept their professionalism, with the exception of the valet supervisor, but the overall experience was disappointing. At least I can tell others and recommend the Marriott. I would not recommend anyone risk staying at this hotel.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
David, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, however we wish your experience with us had been better. We take great pride in our customer service and will take your comments to our housekeeping department to determine what may have caused the odor in your room so that we can correct the situation. We regret that you were disappointed with your stay and do hope that you will give us another try. Warm regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Silas
Loved the rooms, location and service.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Austin weekend"
The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms were nice. Everything was very clean. All of the staff was very friendly.
3 night family trip May 21, 2015
"I recommend it"
Great location, only the ac from the room made a lot of noice even if it was turned off. For the rest, everything was really good. No light comes to the room so you can sleep like a baby.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Alexandra
"1 night stay"
Excellent 1 night stay
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Bachelor weekend!"
We were incredibly accommodated. Highly recommend this hotel!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We are very happy to hear that you were well taken care of during your stay. All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Great stay in Austin!"
We were in Austin to celebrate our daughter's college graduation. We picked the hotel because it's within walking distance to downtown and the 6th Street area. We didn't want anyone to be driving. The staff was fantastic. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Two negatives... it's quite pricey and our AC vent made a lot of noise. It wasn't so bad that we wanted to pack up and change rooms. We notified the front desk folks and I have a feeling they will take care of it. Overall, we were very happy with our stay.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Carla, Congratulations to your daughter for her achievements and for coming to a milestone in her life. We are sorry to hear that you encountered some problems with the AC vent. We will be sure to look into which room you stayed and make sure the problem has been fixed, thank you for pointing it out! Warm Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
carla
"Wonderful Customer Service"
My husband and three daughters went down to the Pun Festival. From the beginning, the staff bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable - starting with a room upgrade, bringing us ice when the machine was broken, and letting us checkout at 2 pm because our flight was a 4 pm. You can always spot a well-run operation where the employees are happy - this is one. Highly recommended it.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Janice, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to hear that you were well taken care of and hope that you enjoyed your time at the Pun Festival! Warm Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Janice
"Great Neighborhood Hotel and Staff"
Definitely nice neighborhood. The service was great and friendly staff.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the entire team at the Hyatt Place Austin downtown, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review and for the wonderful rating!
Washington
"Austin!"
Awesommmmmme
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
julie
"Great place."
Great hotel. Nice common areas and very comfortable rooms. Great and friendly staff. Contemporary decor. Clean. Really nice. Good breakfast.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Great Hotel in a Good Location But Noisy"
Nice hotel and within walking distance of several great restaurants and night life. The free breakfast was decent (although if you don't mind spending money, there is a Max's Wine Dive across the street which has an awesome breakfast.) The staff was great. My only complaint is that it is noisy. I don't know if it is the walls or the doors but you can hear everything (and I mean everything) going on in the hallway. If quietness is really important to you then this is not the place you should stay. The only other complaint would be that there is no self parking, you have to valet at $31 per night. Overall, if those two things aren't deal breakers for you, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear that Valet charges were higher than expected, but hope you found convenience in 24/7 Valet service with unlimited in and out privileges. The noise levels around the downtown area vary depending on the different events going on, and we are sorry that it was unusually louder during your visit. We are always glad to provide ear plugs, be sure to ask for some on your next visit! Thank you again for your feedback. All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Perfect location."
This hotel is near good restaurants, the river, and the night life on 6th. The staff was very polite and helpful.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for the 5-star rating! We hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Beth
"Above four star hotel!!!"
Great great place to stay near downtown Austin! Almost everything you need is within walking distance. We loved the room that we stayed in, housekeeping changed out our linens and towels, and hotel service was excellent! Great customer service as well as valet parking service! Will stay here again!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future visits! All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
2 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"ATX"
Great Hotel!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for the 5-star review. Best regards and safe travels from the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown!
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Great place in the center of it all."
Great place. Great location. Super friendly staff.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for the 5-star rating. Best regards from the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Alan
Perfect location for meetings at the convention center. Very accommodating staff.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Fam Get-a-way! ❤️"
Hotel was great, staff was accommodating and friendly, location is great!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for the 4-star review. We appreciate your comments and wish you save travels!
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel"
I had an amazing stay!!! We were in Austin for a last minute girls trip from Dallas and it felt like a getaway! The hotel was clean, spacious, super friendly/funny staff, and the beds were so comfortable!! I'm definitely staying there again my next trip to Austin!!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
We are grateful for your wonderful review and are happy to hear that our staff kept a smile on your face! We look forward to your future stays and hope to meet your expectations on every visit. Warm Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Krystyne
"Great service"
I was super late arriving becuase of a terrible JetBlue flight - not until 4am did I show up. The front desk girl was super accomodating and immediately offered me a late check-out. She was so helpful and I was so wiped out. I really appreciated the friendly help.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for the 4-star rating! It is great to hear that your needs were accommodated and we hope our Plush Hyatt Grand Bed helped you make up some of the sleep you missed out on earlier that night! Warm Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
1 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2015
"The hotel front desk staff could use some training"
The staff was not only unattentive, they truly did not possess any skills in the art of customer satisfaction. When we asked about alternatives to parking instead of paying the ridiculous parking fee, the front desk person as well as the valet were just too busy to consider providing that assistance. In addition, when we asked for some type of relief from the unexpected $31 fee and unexpected non-available parking options such as giving us a free in room movie or a drink, they totally ignored us. I worked in service environment and supervise these types of situations and I would have trained the staff to get the supervisor and to see what would keep our customer happy and to keep our customer service rating at the top!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for your review, we highly appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that Valet charges were higher than expected, but hope you found convenience in the 24/7 Valet service with unlimited in and out privileges. Warm Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Great Weekend Stay"
The staff at this hotel are wonderful! Great location with restaurants and activities in walking distance.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Pennie
"nice hotel and good location"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very nice and clean. Lots of options at breakfast. Walking distance to all the activities.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Nice hotel but bathroom door not for a family of 6"
It was our first time in Austin TX and thought downtown was safest area to stay so chose Hyatt. Hotel is beautiful and very friendly staff. The only issue was the bathroom in our room. Very nice and upgraded however it did not fit our needs of a family with 4 children. Mainly, the bathroom door was sliding door and very difficult to lock. Also the other Hyatt hotels we've stayed at are more spacious and have their own separate desk & refrigerator area. This one was very over crowded. The sofa bed almost touched one of the other beds. The last thing is that there was a lot of noise all night witH constant emergency vehicles. Not sure if maybe there was a hospital nearby. But other than that, the hotel is very convenient for singles or smaller size families.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown and for the review. We appreciate your comments and will be sure to share them with the team. Best Regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Susie
"overnite Austin"
2 night stay with access to much of what we wanted to see within walking distance. great trip & accommodations overall!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for the 5-star review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and that you had a great trip to Austin. All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great value"
This is not a luxury hotel but for the price, it's very good. The location is great. Walking distance to dozens of good restaurants. Room was clean and had two real Queen size beds plus a sofa bed. The decor was simple but this place met our needs in every way. The staff was super friendly and very helpful about directing us to good places to eat. Their buffet breakfast was better than we've seen in other similar style hotels. Overall, a great stay for the price.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We appreciate your review and hope to see you in the near future. All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
anissa
"Family stay in Austin"
Traveled to Austin with the family. The hotel was updated and clean. The rooms were modern and spacious. Breakfast would of been better with an omelet station, but the overall experience was great. The front desk staff were warm and friendly and always greeted us coming and going to the hotel.
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Thank you for your great review! We hope you and the family enjoyed your time in Austin. Sincerely, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Great staff in am at breakfast and housekeeping."
Hotel front desk staff at check-in charged my card over $700 for my rooms when my rooms were already paid in full through Expedia. Luckily I check my card charges when I travel. Called down to front desk to get charges reversed. Hotel staff were apologetic. On a good note, Staff at am breakfast are the best. Always helpful and food choices are excellent. Hotel front desk staff are always there to greet you no matter what time of day or night you arrive. Rooms were quiet and very clean and attractive. This hotel located on 3rd street is a great location to see the Austin sites. Easy walking to almost anything you would like to see or do. Valet parking is exceptional. Staff always had car ready out front in less than 5min. I highly recommend this Hotel . Will stay here again!!
Response by Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
On behalf of the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we are sorry for inconveniences the confusion in billing may have caused. We are glad to hear that you were quickly attended to and that everything was corrected. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and we look forward to your future visits! All the best, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Other trip Apr 1, 2015