All hotels in Dead Man's Flats, Alberta, Canada
150 1st ave, Dead Man's Flats, AB, T1W 2W4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
Good..however, flush power need to improve
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Clean, but very spare"
Clean, and very spare. 5 channels on the TV. Couldn't drink the water, which is a little scary. But good location for skiing and the price was right.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2015
If you really want to enjoy banff, don't go into populated part. This is between mountains on the highway. Look for room 6. It would work... small room but decent.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"wheres the water"
No drinkable water
3 night trip Feb 5, 2015
"Horrible."
You probably have seen hotels where the stain covers another stain. That's the right place. Burgundy (or green) carpet was dirty enough so there was no way to take your shoes off. It looked like to be wet but it wasn't. Chairs were even worse, forget to put even your luggage on it. Haven't seen cheaper bathroom. The cabin was about 30"x30" with 20" wide curtain. Towels were brown, (yes). Cheap, unstable cabinet with old sink and crooked doors. Breakfast doesn't exist since the 'bar' shares the entrance and drying/washing machines. If you have an allergy or you travel with your spouse or family - that place is not for you. Spend extra bucks more and go to Canmore. There are great deals if you make your reservation ahead of time. I'd like to mention that I stayed at standard room, 1 queen bed. 2 bad rooms looked to be in a little bit better shape.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Barx
"Cheap motel"
if you're looking for something cheap just to spend a night, it's ok. other than that, you should find someplace else
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
marc
"Save your money and stay elsewhere."
Located in the middle of nowhere, a very dated, low quality room with no air-conditioning but lots of road noise. No hotel amenities of any kind. A very high price for what was offered!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Worth Every Penny!"
This is a great place to stay at a bargain rate for this area. Dead Man's Flats is not that far away from Banff. It's a tiny, unpretentious town, and we enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable.
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014
Carol Knighton
"hmm.."
staffs are nice, good location, but not so perfect place to take rests..
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
The Hotel is approximately 30km East of Banff. Whilst is was cheap enough, if you're planning to go to Banff or Lake Louise, you might like to try & find a closer Hotel. The Hotel is Very old & needs a lot of work done to it & you only have the choice of 6 TV channels. It is just off the highway, but fortunately you don't get much traffic noise.
3 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Ray
"Ok for 2 nights"
The price was good, but the bed was not so good.
2 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Nice place to stay if you want a quiet place."
We enjoyed a quiet homey atmosphere. Our room was spacious, with a nice mini kitchen. The TV was old and reception was poor with only a few channels available. Since we were there for sight-seeing and didn't want to watch much TV, we didn't feel we were shorted. We would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Emily
"Only stay if you want the absolute minimum."
Old. Small. Did not feel safe. Smells from cooking in next room. Open rooms with people milling about. Next to freeway. In past 500 days on the road over the past 10 years, this was worst room. We left even though we prepaid second night. No amenities except coffee downstairs and you could go to the office for a hair dryer.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2013
"Pretty clean and definately budget minded."
We used this motel as a stopover to Alberta. It was relatively clean and we hardly heard the highway at all. Thanks
1 night trip Jun 13, 2013
GeorgeM
Convenient, Beautiful location close to Banff with all of the view and 1/4 the price. The facilities are not new, but well cared for. and clean. It is in the area natures most beautiful area.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2013
"Nice view and great location"
Stayed here one night Sept. 28 and loved it. Clean, comfy and excellent location with a fantastic view of the mountains.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2012
Yahya

"Good overnight stay."
Lovely room, clean, A/C would have helped, it was hot.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
"Clean and spacious"
Clean and spacious. Great place for family. It was 30+ degrees the night of our stay and the place really needed air conditioning! Also mid 1980 decor could do with an update. Overhaul, pretty nice place to stay when on a road trip with family.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Needs an upgrade, but a great location"
The location and view were stunning, very close to Canmore. The rooms need an upgrade, but the price was good.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Tiffany
"Value for money"
It was good value for the money. We weren't expecting luxury, but the basics were good.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Veronica
"Out of the mountains location"
Reasonable stay . Not an overall favorite ,but clean and suitable for a family.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Needs a big overhaul."
For the money we paid I would never stay there again. Very old place and was very disappointing when we checked in.It needs a lot of upgrading done to the place.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Cheap stay"
Clean, tidy, paper thin walls so if you need peace and quiet then this is not the place for you. A little bit out of Canmore, we needed a car to get around from here. Nice place.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Aleesha
"get what you pay for"
Fairly average motel fairly average service. Water wasn't safe for drinking while we were there felt like we were in a third world country.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
josh
Stayed just one night in motel for the 3th time. Good and cheap for one night stay.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
When I got their to checkin the person at the desk had no record of me reserving a room luckly I had a copy of the reservation
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Ok for the price if you are just going to be sleeping there.
"Go somewhere else"
The beds are hard as a rock you get 4 channels the water was not safe to drink it was noisy and someone was smoking in there room and when I called front desk they did nothing. We will never stay here again.
3 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
For the price, this is an excellent room. The bed could be upgraded but no big deal. Obviously at bit date but again, excellent value.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Nice place to stay for price."
We took four people, and the price was quite reasonable. Had a little bit of difficulty finding our way back onto the TransCanada due to construction, and it's about a 20 minute drive from most amenities other than a Husky Station, so make sure you plan around this. The water was under a boil advisory, but they provided a water bottle for each of us for a one night stay and we had no issues. Our room was without a kitchenette, but it still included a kettle, microwave, dishes, and a sink. The hotel was pretty quiet, but the walls aren't very thick so if you've got loud guests across the hall that might be an issue. Wifi was OK. Seemed quite clean, especially in contrast to some of the complaints in other reviews. No sign of any kind of bugs, carpet/floor was clean, sheets were clean, bed spread was OK, tables + surfaces were clean, shower + toilet were clean. The hotel staff were friendly and they didn't charge extra for us accidentally tracking mud onto the tiles (oops!) Overall I would recommend this hotel to others who are on a tighter budget and are looking for a nice, clean room that isn't too far from Canmore/Banff (22 minutes on avg).
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Budget comfort in the gateway to the rockies"
Alerted by another review, I was prepared to communicate carefully with the staff, whose primary language is Chinese or Vietnamese. I found no problem at all, and the people I dealt with were more than friendly and helpful. The hotel is older, but spotless, and set in the jaw-dropping Canadian Rockies, right by the Trans Canada Highway. There is a truckers' restaurant (with gas) on one side, and a quaint little boutique café on the other. Our room had a kitchenette, though we didn't use it. I can imagine having an inexpensive winter vacation there, making one's own meals, and skiing or snowboarding daily.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Tony
"Uncomfortable"
Noisy neighbors, lumpy beds, thin walls, all adds up to a crappy nights sleep.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Heorhey
"NO water"
Could not drink water out of the taps and they only provided two bottles of water, Take it off your list unless this changes
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"its a joke for service"
The person at front barley spoke English at check in .Could not understand I was the person checking in even when I showed him my reservation on the internet with my name on .where the hotel picture was showing ,with my name and reservation number . The person insisted yes that is his motel .the couple standing behind me was laughing . because it was just frustrating .it took a while to have somebody coming to the front desk .water was not drinkable .at hotel .
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
linda
"Boil water advisory?!"
During my stay (Dec 6) there was a boil water advisory that was not mentioned during booking. Dead Man's Flats has little to no services (one gas station). Since there was no drinkable water at the hotel, I feel like that should have been considered before booking.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Affordable price"
it was ok, not much great, price is the best part.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Sattar
"You can do better."
The pictures were very misleading, the hotel was not what I expected.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"terrible"
management wouldn't do anything about unruly neighbor. at 10 pm we packed up and left. we will never return
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Good for the price"
Overnight stay. Sheets were a little rough for my husbands tender skin
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"good for the price"
Clean simple and quiet. This was a good stay for the price.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Terrible service, incredibly rude. Very dirty"
The hotel was very dirty, signs of insects. Bedding and sheets had stains.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"The motel was okay/"
We found the room a bit too warm and the highway traffic was noisy. We would have appreciated air conditioning. The staff was great, especially the young lady who served us. Thanks again!
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
H. & M. Woodruff
"Indifferent hotel mgmt"
For the price the room was okay. We stayed 5 nights and wanted to depart a day earlier as my wife had become unwell. However they refused to allow us to check out a day earlier. This was dissappointing. And the owner/manager was mumbling that he does get his money from 'you' for 30days and gave a perception that this mode of getting customers was his least preferred.
5 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Nimish
"Lots of Repairs Needed!"
In the room we were given, the bathroom tap was not attached. It just came off! Had to brush my teeth using the shower instead. Mattresses smelled bad, like there had been a lot of stinky sweaty guys there prior to us. We asked for another room, but were told that was the only one they had left. The place wasn't modern with cards you swipe to unlock the door, but a very old lock that requires some wiggling of the key to make it open the door. The quilt of the bed felt like the heavy mats they cover you with when you have an X-Ray done. There was foam insulation squirted all around the door and window frames, but not covered up and painted. Got told they'd installed new frames as the old ones had termites. The Complimentary Breakfast was made up of a few boxes of cereal, and a pile of bowls and glasses that looked like they hadn't been washed properly. Too risky!
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
Matthew
"This place is just awesome! I mean.."
This place is just awesome! I mean the view is great, the people are kind and polite, the room was so comftable I think I had the best sleep in there in my whole trip. It would have been better thou if the microwave and the coffee maker are in the room because they're in the lobby but still, I had a good time!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Amado
"unconfortable and dirty"
The hotel room was not very clean, washroom sink did not flash, tap broken Bed was itchy... Floor dirty Pillows like stones. No breakfast. We paidf $115 for the night. Coffee provided only. Wall very thin.. you could clearly hear the people in the next room. Only 4 channels in TV....................
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
rita
"nice and quiet"
i booked 2 rooms here.1 room for me and my friend and 1 room for my sister and her fiance.i did not hear them complain of anything.its nice and really quiet.good place to stay overnight.i'll book here again for sure and will recommend to my friends.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"cheap"
I did not know it was going to be tat cheap looking g was shocked when I got there for the money I paid should of just stayed at the other place will not go again to that place or area
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Mr jigga
It was not suitable for me maybe for other people.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Last minute stay for cheap"
Had to do an emergency overnight stay from YVR to YEG. Had to find something decent and relatively inexpensive since we were only 4 hours away from home. This did the job, obviously not a 3 star hotel/motel but you get what you need from it.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014