All hotels in Madrid, Spain
Calle Nunez de Arce, 15 - 2nd Floor, Check In: C/ Cruz, 14 - 2nd Floor, Madrid, Madrid, 28012, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

The absence of a lift can be a problem, we had a heavy suitcase and hiking up badly worn out steps was quite tricky. It would be good to have a little shelf in the bathroom. We loved the large lockers near the reception, for 2 euro you can stuff all your things in and retrieve them later without having to worry that something might be missing
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Perfect location for our stay"
Just minutes from Plaza del Sol. Across the street from Flamenco show; Tablao Villa Rosa. Comfortable beds and nice shower.
3 night family trip May 21, 2013
In the center. Very clean and quiet. Comfortable beds. No lift and you have to pick up the keys around the corner.
Other trip Jan 13, 2013

"Great!"
Value for money, clean.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
ZA
"Lovely Hostal - Great location but.........."
I'd briefly read the reviews about this hostal and it seemed perfect for a couple of days in Madrid. The Hostal was lovely, modern and clean and in a great central location. The only thing that spoiled it was the confusion with checking in. When we arrived there was a buzzer and the person who answered could barely speak a word of English. We rang the Hostal number and we were equally confused by their response. It turned out we had to check in via another Hostel around the corner and pick up our keys there! They really need to make this clear in the booking details. That aside we were really happy with our room and location. There are loads of lovely Tavana's nearby and the main sites are within easy walking distance. Definately reccomend it!
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
Viveen

I arrived in Hostal Prado in 18th of June. As its location is in the center of Madrid, I thought it would be a good choice. I rang the bell of the hostel and I got no answer. Then I tried to reach them through the phone on the papers on my reservation as there was not a contact number on the given address. When, finally I found them on the phone, I realized that the reception was in another road, not far away, but still they don't inform the customers for the two different addresses. I arrived in the hotel and thank God, I speak Spanish fluently, because, otherwise the communication would be difficult. They wanted all the money in advance, which I thought was strange. I asked them to see the room and when I did, I realized that we talk about tiny rooms that their view see on a wall. When I commented that fact that the room reminded me a jail cell, they said that I am lucky because I wouldn't be bothered by the noise. As I didn't have another choice, I stayed at this hostel. It has no elevator and when I asked for clean towels 2 days later, they gave me the used ones. I went into the reception and I asked for the manager and they told me that he wouldn't see me because he has a busy schedule. They gave me towels and toilet paper. They embarrass Spanish people which is very disappointing, as Spanish people are the most friendly people in Europe.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
GR
"BUENA OPCION"
La reserva era para el Hostal Prado ya que habíamos estado otra vez y nos había gustado, pero finalmente nos alojaron en el Hostal Marlasca por no tener disponibilidad. Ambos son una opción excelente para visitar Madrid. Habitaciones modernas y agradables. Ambos a 3 min de la puerta del sol (Prado una calle mas lejos que Marlasca pero igualmente cerca), y a 10min de Gran Via. Buena relacion calidad-precio.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Marí
ES
"Buena elección para pasar unos días en Madrid"
Buena ubicación y buena relación calidad/precio. No es la primera vez que me alojo en este hostal y desde la última vez creo que la limpieza de la habitación debe de mejorar.
2 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2014
Sergio
"Práctico."
Hostal moderno, muy bien situado, pero con ciertas incomodidades relativas al acceso al mismo y a la amplitud del baño.
ES
"Madrid ook mooi in november"
Super locatie. Badkamer is aan de kleine kant, maar alles is nieuw en werkt.
5 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Harm
NL
"Storbyferie."
Det var et ferieophold i Madrid. Hotellets beliggenhed er perfekt til storbyferie. Man kan gå rundt til de fleste ting i midtbyen. Der er kort afstand til metroen.
4 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
DK
Aspettivi positivi: Buon prezzo e ottima posizione vicinissima alle attrazioni del centro e a numerosi ristoranti (taverne e osterie) buoni ed economici. Aspetti negativi: Pulizia un po' carente. Mancano sia l'armadio sia un qualsiasi cassetto nella stanza. Forse la cosa meno carina è la porta a vetri del bagno che lascia un'ampia fessura laterale completamente scoperta verso la stanza.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
IT
"위치와 시설은 좋으나 큰단점이 있네요..;;"
처음에 도착했을 때 벨을 몇번이나 눌렀는데 응답이 없어서 크게 당황했네요..;; 알고보니 체크인은 다른 건물이라는 정보가 메일에 써 있는걸 나중에 발견하고 겨우 찾아갔습니다. 체크인 하는 건물은 엘리베이터가 있었으나 호스텔 프라도는 정작 엘리베이터가 없는 건물에 3층이었어요..ㅠㅜ 짐 들어서 올리느라 정말 땀 쪽 뺐네요..;; 그거 말고는 시설은 깨끗했으나, 헤어드라이기가 렌트가 된다고 해서 리셉션에 전화하고 기다렸는데.. 5분뒤에 온다던 사람이 결국 오지 않아 못말리고 나갔구요.. 밤에 들어와보니 역시나 가져다 주지 않아 다음날도 머리를 못말리고 나왔다는..-.-;; 그리고 환풍기 소리에 대한 댓글이 있어서 뭐 그러려니 했는데... 화장실 환풍기 소리 정말 큽니다..;; 대화하는 소리가 잘 안들릴정도..;; 뭐 그거말고는 시설은 깨끗해서 잠만 자기에는 쾌적했는지도...
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
hyunjungstyle
KR
"ubicación inmejorable"
los accesos al hostal (pórtal, escaleras, el patio del hostal) son muy viejos, sin ascensor.. una vez dentro limpio, y nuevo. La habitación tiene una iluminación, camas, aire acondicionado y ropa de cama que junto con la sensacional ubicación hace que el hostal sea recomendable. No hay servicio de habitaciones, al menos a nosotros no nos la hicieron, estuvimos 2 noches. esto junto con los accesos lo peor
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Cristina
ES
"calme et bien situé, bon marché, propre mais petit"
Agréablement surpris par la qualité de la chambre, refaite à neuf,( avec serviettes contrairement a ce que disait un client)! Il faudrait mieux expliquer le problème des deux hôtels voisins pour éviter des déplacements.
2 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2014
Guihard
"отличное расположение"
жаль, что при бронировании номера в отеле не были предупреждены о некоторых моментах, которые привели к тому, что я заболела и слегла с пневмонией. Имея бронь с 21 марта и приехав в 5 утра (21 марта) к отелю по указанному адресу, мы были удивлены, что нам никто не открыл дверь. Позвонив по телефону, нам ответили по испански (английским дежурный отеля не владел). Вообщем в отель мы не попали. После 1,5 часов хождения по улицам Мадрида, наконец нашли англоговорящего и знающего, самое главное, что ресепшен данного отеля находится на другой улице и в другом отеле. Англоговорящий персонал пришел только к 7 утра, к этому времени, я окончательно промерзла. Недопустимо не предупреждать при бронировании отеля о таких нюансах работы данного отеля
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Марина
RU
"NUNCA NOS ATENDIERON LA PUERTA, NO TIENEN RECEPCIO"
Como es posible que HOTELES.COM tenga en su listado a este hotel?
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
NELSON ALPUY
UY
"If you don´t speak spanish, forget it!"
If you don´t speak spanish ... don´t bother. You have to check in at one hostal, pay (before you even see it), walk around to the other location and find your hotel. The hostal has no elevator. It is a two floor walk up (with hand luggage manageable) with other luggage forget it! It was clean, comfortable. The window of the single room looked out onto a concrete wall. Yes, there was television (and radio through television) but no international channels. Location was fantastic to Plaza Santa Ana. Nope I wouldn´t recommend ... the stairs were all uneven --- maybe if it had an elevator I would reconsider. Think I could have done better for the price. Again, if you don´t speak Spanish - forget it!
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Berna
ES
"un peu cher pour le service proposé"
Un peu cher pour le service proposé, réduit au minimum pour cette chambre, situé au 2e étage sans ascenseur, dans un immeuble sans accueil et sans ce qu'on peut attendre pour une offre dite hotelière (produits d'hygiène non renouvelés par exemple).
4 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2013
marcya
"Acogedor, económico, céntrico"
Habitación calentita, cómoda y moderna. A cinco minutos andando del Thyssen y poco más del Prado, al lado del Congreso y también de un VIPS y un Strabucks. La parada de metro es Antón Martin, a unos 7 minutos andando del hotel.100% recomendable!!
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Blanca
ES
"bien placé, dans le vieux centre de Madrid."
bonne, juste attention que les chambres sont au deuxième etage sans ascenseur, et pour obtenir la clé de la chambre et entrer dans l'hôtel Prado il faut aller 200m. plus loin dans l'hôtel Marsala....bien à savoir !!
3 night trip Oct 20, 2013
CH
"IDEALE IN PIENO CENTRO"
STRATEGICO COME POSIZIONE, CENTRALE E FACILMENTE RAGGIUNGIBILE, LE CAMERE SONO MOLTO CONFORTEVOLI IDEALE PER TUTTE LE ESIGENZE OFFRE I SERVIZI NECESSARI ED INDISPENSABILI PER TUTTI I CLIENTI.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
IDA
"Vivamente consigliato!!!"
Posizione centrale, ideale per godersi la città anche a piedi, atmosfera carina e camere pulite e confortevoli.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
IT
Limpio, adecuado, céntrico, todo renovado como nuevo, silencioso. La vista a otra finca y una pena que no tenga ascensor, pero muy buena relación calidad- precio, repetiremos sin duda.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
ES
Otrevlig personal vid incheckningen som var på annat ställe.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
SE
Hotel muy bien ubicado, tranquilo a pesar de estar en el centro, habitaciones nuevas (quizas un poco pequeñas, sobre todo el baño y el espacio para la ropa) y camas confortables. Lo unico que hay que tener presente y que no está indicado en la web es que para hacer el check in hay que ir a otro hotel que está a la vuelta, por suerte un hombre que entraba al edificio nos lo indicó. Mas allá de estos detalles, estamos muy contentos de habernos alojado allí y lo recomendamos.
Other trip May 30, 2013
ES
La habitación está muy bien, igual que las fotos de la web, pero el baño es muy pequeño. La situación muy buena.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
ES
"Estupendo para pasar la noche en el centro"
Aunque la fachada y las escaleras de entrada no son demasiado atractivas, la habitación ha sido muy confortable. Hemos estado muy bien.
Other trip Dec 18, 2012
JS

TripAdvisor reviews for Hostal Prado

"Fabulous location"
06/22/15 edel891 Dublin, Ireland
Clean, Central and value for money. The only annoying thing is you have to collect your key from another one of their hotels around the corner. I didn't know this before arriving. Rooms were very modern and spotlessly clean.
"Very good situated and clean"
01/19/15 Inmatxitu London, England, United Kingdom
This hostal is simple but clean and perfectly situated near the Plaza St Ana. It is good for its price. The area is full of bars and restaurants and it is a very lively area of Madrid near la Puerta del Sol. The only problem we had is that the reception of the hostal is not in the same building but in another building about 5 minutes away and we had a problem with the key that did not open our room door so we have to go between buildings several times, we spent over 1 hour going up and down stairs to get the correct key which at the ned could not get it as the lock was broken. Antonio the receptionist was not very professional when we told him that we were tired of going up and down and that we did not want to spend more time of our holidays going between the two buildings. Instead of apologizing and given us some help he got upset saying that he was working alone, etc so not very nice as that was not our problem. Apart from this it is a good place to stay a few nights.
"Totally decent!! X"
12/03/14 Isa8787 London, United Kingdom
We stayed at Prado Hostel for a long weekend and overall had a great stay. However, it would have been nice of them to advise us before arrival on where to pick up the keys as it wasnt at the hotel itself, having a hairdryer in the room and more set of clean towels and toiletries (shampoo&liquid body wash). The view wasnt great as it was facing a building. Good points were: excellent location, pretty room, comfortable bed and soft bed sheets. Thanks
"Tricky check in but pleasant stay"
10/17/14 Janine L Melbourne, Australia
My partner and I stayed here for one night in July. The reception is located in a different building and after check in it was hard to find the hostel entrance. Once we got inside, the small room was cool, in good condition and mostly clean. The hostel is in an excellent location and wifi was good. Even though we were located in the middle of a busy strip, we didn’t hear much noise and were able to have a good sleep! For a small fee, you can leave your bags in lockers after check out, which we found very useful!
"Not great"
10/06/14 Judith S
Hotel was difficult to find. You check in at one place but stay in another location. Location was good. However the amenities were not good. No soap , ran out of toilet paper, one night no towels , no hair dryer and then said we had to walk over to other hotel where we checked in to pick them up. There are no drawers, the room is VERY small! Don't go by pictures. Our room was for 3 people but there is no way a 3rd could have worked. Also frosted glass door on bathroom so no privacy. Also there is no elevator.
"DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!"
10/05/14 SC22London London, United Kingdom
I booked this hotel on booking.com a month ago and had confirmation number and email. My husband and I arrived in Madrid on Friday night, got to the hotel and they did not even answer the door. They answered their intercom and said "Occupado" and hung up the phone. They would not pick up the line after that or answer the door. We had to walk around the city looking for another hotel at 11:30pm, the city was very busy so it was challenging and finally, at midnight, found a little one star hotel with a room for one night! We then had to do the same the next night. This evening I received an email that stated we did not show and were being charged for one night! Caution-this hotel does NOT honor its reservations and has the nerve to charge for the pleasure!
"Perfect Location for All Ages of Travellers or Families"
05/01/14 Layla33 Brisbane
Hostal Prado is in the best location. I stayed here Easter 2014 with my 2 teenage daughters. It is not what I would traditionally call a "hostel", it's more like a hotel but without in-house lobby and reception. Yes you do have to check in around the corner at it's sister hostel (this one is actually more like traditional hostel). This is just 100 metres around the corner and is not problem at all. They reception staff were friendly and spoke good english. We had no problems checking in and then walking around the corner to Hostal Prado. As described in other reviews there is no lift and it is on the second floor... but come on... if you can't walk up 2 flights of wide stairs you probably can't walk around Madrid! The beds were very comfortable and the room was cleaned daily. It did become a bit stuffy whilst locked up during the day but didn't take long to ventilate once we arrived home. The hostal is located right in the centre of Sol but in the little streets where all the cafes, restaurants and bars are. It is fine for families, not dangerous or seedy at all (no matter what time of night). We were coming home around 5pm every day for a siesta and then going out again about 10pm at night. Even just walking around and taking it all in is great. There is a great restaurant 2 shops down if you turn right as you come out the door. I found it on trip advisor and we searched and searched only to find it was right next door all the time! It is really well priced (food and drinks) and great service. Once I find the name I'll review it! If you want a comfortable, clean safe room in an excellent location on a budget then you can't go past this place. If it's not to your liking then you probably need to check in at a 5 star. Enjoy :)
"Clean room, good location ... but just lacking"
01/27/14 berna57 Javea, Spain
The price was a little too much for what it was. Need to check in at a ´sister´ hotel on a parallel street. Customer service wasn´t very welcoming. Thankfully they had someone around to help me take my luggage to the Hostal Prado as it´s a two floor walk up. No lift. I was staying on my own and although it seemed quite secure I propped the chair between the door and the bed ... that´s just about how much space there was. No bath ... only a small shower. There was a window ... but it looked on to a concrete wall. Bit noisy with people gettting in really late at night or leaving really early in the morning. No, wouldn´t do it again! Yes, there was television --- but all stations were in english. If you needed assistance, staff were located at ´sister´ hotel about 100 metres away --- not far, but ....
"Clean, ideal location, couldn't ask for more"
11/25/13 Eliza_Doo-lots Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Being a budget 1 star hotel we weren't expecting much, however based on the pictures and reviews online we booked Hostal Prado for a 1 week break in Madrid. We certainly weren't disappointed. Pros: - Amazing location within walking distance of all the main sites of Madrid and next to Plaza de Santa Ana which has lots of bars and restaurants - would thoroughly recommend Tartufo for delicious tapas at cheap prices. There's also a Spar convenience store on the same street. Puerta del Sol is only 5 mins walk away so it's central without being loud/overbearing. - Clean rooms and bathroom and incredibly comfortable beds. The rooms were cleaned daily, and having a room facing away from the street meant that sleeping was not a problem - in fact the black out curtains made it very easy! All the furnishings seemed very new and we had a TV which didn't have many English speaking channels but had a decent radio station. - Staff at Hostal Marlasca round the corner were very friendly and happy to help with any issues (of which our only problem was that our keys didn't work initially) - Secure - the safety deposit box costs 1 euro for every use so we didn't bother however the building itself was secure and we had no concerns about leaving valuables Cons: - The bathroom has a frosted glass door which doesn't meet the edges of the door frame - my friend and I are close but sadly not that close!! It's not a major issue by any means and it certainly wouldn't put us off returning but it was a surprise. Otherwise bathroom is very clean. - There's no reception for the hotel itself as it's owned by Hostal Marlasca. It's only a 2 minute walk/a phone call away so it's not a big deal, it's just slightly less convenient, especially if you want to ask for local recommendations. There are safety lockers at Marlasca that staff kindly let us use to keep our luggage in before our flight in the last day. Overall we couldn't believe our luck with Hostal Prado and I would thoroughly recommend it. It's compact but comfortable and is in the perfect location. Can't wait to visit again!
"Very nice location"
03/15/13 Antonis M Milos, Greece
I was there for business travel, but this hostal would be OK for other type of vacation, except of family. It has been renovated and it is clean. The only bad experience of this it would be that I have never been informed that I have to collect my keys from another location. I had to gate crash, reach the entrance of the hostal which is at 2nd floor and then use an intern phone waiting for us in front of the main door. Then we received information of how to get to other location to collect the keys. Αt check in the reception staff was not very happy to give some basic proposals for good places to eat around. Anyway the hostal is right in the city center so we had quite a lot to choose from. Overall was nice.