All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
49 Blackfriars Road, London, England, SE1 8NZ, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Location near the Thames"
Stayed for one night, whilst visiting Convent Gardens, to watch The Lion King
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
clive
"Perfect Hotel for long weekend"
Very good location, friendly staff, very clean room and quiet nights. I will repeat for sure.
3 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
Ainara
Good location for south bank and access to tube stations. Room spacious and bed very comfortable.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Perfect"
Absolutely perfect!!!
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Rikke
"Convenient for South Bank"
We stayed here with our 2 children after a concert on the south bank. Great location, beautiful lobby, helpful staff etc. Only criticism is that the sofa bed in our room (set out for the kids with a double bed for us) was very uncomfortable and we ended up putting the flimsy mattress on the floor.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
"Cool and modern"
Lovely staff. Very clean rooms. Loved the shower pod! Bed was comfy. The room was very cold even though I used the temperature controls and put it up to 32 degrees. Apart from that it was a really good hotel.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
emma
"Good value, clean, modern, welcoming hotel."
A great hotel in a really convenient place for access via the underground and local restaurants plus the Old Vic is just down the road. The hotel was very welcoming with friendly staff and a very pleasant restaurant area. The breakfast was good value - everything was fresh and the hot food was excellent with vegetarian options on request.
4 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Darrin
"A warm welcome"
Very welcoming staff and fab location. Exceptionally clean room however the quality of finish not as good as competitors. The 'pod' shower room plasticky and the towels poor quality.
3 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
Gwyn
"Good location, clean room"
This is an excellent choice for the price and location. Yes, the rooms are small but I have paid more for places not as nice as this. The access to public transport is excellent, and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. Many have made comments about the "pod" bathroom facility, but this did not really bother me. My only real criticism is the bath linens. For two people we each got one very small and worn towel per day. No washcloth (this is a widespread issue in Europe), no hand towel, and no extra towel to dry my hair. If I had taken the time to request an extra towel, I am sure it would have come, but our schedules were pretty crazy. Our stay was a pleasant one!
4 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Cheryl
"Great location, comfortable, clean and a bargain!"
Stayed here for a weekend break in the City - comfortable, clean, good size room, a great location just south of the river and right by Southwark tube - 10min walk from Waterloo station also. Staff very welcoming and helpful too. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
P
"Ideal!"
Needed an affordable stay in Blackfriars for an interview in the area. Couldn't fault my stay at all! Had shops nearby and great tube links from Southwark.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice weekend in London"
Just what we were looking for.
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
"Modern welcoming hotel"
I stayed here as was going to a concert at the O2. It is so close to Southwark station which is a direct line to the O2. The hotel was clean, modern, welcoming and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 15, 2014
KEVIN
"very good location, near to the tube station"
easy to locate, very accessible. staff are very welcoming
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Noisy but good"
No complaints about the service or hotel condition, but the bathroom doors are the pull-to-shut ones, rather than with handles that you can turn. That means it's unavoidable making a lot of noise if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night - expect to wake the other person with a fright if you do. The soundproofing is also pretty terrible - when using the bathroom, I couldn't tell what noise was coming from my room vs the next door down. Our room cards also stopped working after 3 days of our 4 day stay. Make sure you visit Byron Hamburgers just around the corner (on The Cut) - was our best meal in London.
4 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
NZ
"Excellent hotel, great staff, handy location"
I had a couple of Christmas events on and so decided to stay up in London for a couple of nights. The IBIS at Southwark was convenient and seemed good value. It was perfect the hotel staff could not be more friendly and helpful, the room was small but very comfortable, clean and well maintained, probably the only negative for me was the pillows, which were too soft for me.
2 night trip Dec 10, 2014
"Nice hotel, good location."
Lovely hotel. Reception staff very welcoming and friendly. Room beautifully clean, comfy bed. Very quite night. Bar staff good but a bit hit and miss. One took hubby's order then wandered off to do another job. Had to wait until someone else came to serve us. Great location, 10 mins walk to London eye. Next door to the Southwark tube station which is jubilee line, direct to O2 and Wembly Arena which is why we chose it. Good reasonably hotel. Will stay again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Sam
"very good"
I stayed for two nights for business dec 14. I asked for a quiet room on an upper floor away from the lifts and that's exactly what I was given. its rare in London to find a hotel room with a sufficiently low noise level that the window can be left open at night the room was basic but immaculately clean - relatively spacious even the "pod" bathroom I dint have occasion to visit the bar/restaurant reception was quick and polite and the hotel is two minutes walk from Southwark tube and 5-10 from the South bank good deal - nice hotel - I'd go back
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
sarah
"Resonable Hotel convenient for the City"
Chose this hotel for a course I was attending near Bank Tube Station. Staff were friendly and fixed the issue I had with the TV very promptly. Ibis are a budget hotel chain, but you can rely on the facilities to will get. For the price, I would definitely recommend.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Dani
"Nice enough... A place to sleep"
Hotel staff were friendly enough. It looks like they have recently done some (low budget) renovations to the rooms (our room anyway) because there was still masking tape hanging from the wall where they had painted. Although I did get this room at a cheap rate I still expect the basics to be done well. And this includes to finish any renovations off before paying customers can enter it. This wasn't the case with the TV unit which hadn't had the usb and memory slots fitted in yet. Slots were there but no connections. Most concerning thing was the room service... Room service... Service to the room one thinks. I'm not fat or lazy but when I had to get dressed so that I can go and pick my own food up from the dining area and carry a tray full of food back up to my room (while trying to tag my keycard on to use the lift) I wasn't overly impressed. Overall, like the title says, it was a bed. In a good location
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Ash
"well placed hotel"
the hotel was very smart and modern, the staff were extremely polite and helpful, breakfast buffet was great value, the room was very clean and well fitted, excellent walk in shower (useful as suffer with Arthritis) I did find the bed was too firm for me though, but that was the only down side.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Jill
"Expensive for a Budget Hotel"
Don't expect anything more than budget accommodation . Disappointed as Accor hotels usually offer good value but sadly this was not the case . Three star accommodation and four star prices.
3 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Some good.. Some not so good. Ok overall"
The hotel itself was nice and modern with a location that was conveniently located. The rooms however are very small, especially the bathrooms which are the smallest of any hotel I have stayed at. Only two towels are provided per day and they smell like chlorine. The only toiletries that were provided were two tubes of liquid soap that we're attached to the walls of the shower and by the bathroom sink. I know all this is done in an effort to keep costs down but I believe the cost cutting has been taken to the point where it sacrifices comfort and the daily cost of the rooms deserves more
2 night trip Nov 20, 2014
"No english channels"
Missing english speaking channels with movies
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Stayed hear for a couple nights. Can't complain about anything. Rooms were tidy, clean and comfortable. Staff were polite and helpful and the breakfast was really nice and plenty of choice.
Roberth
"More basic than you'd expect"
Stayed here for the tennis ATP finals and the location was perfect for the tube station which served the Jubilee line. Just a stop away from London Bridge too for tourist attractions and the brilliant Borough Market. The reception area of the hotel is impressive and creates a wonderful first impression. However the room itself was beyond tired and extremely minimal. The hotel wasn't that much cheaper than others so I wasn't expecting such lacking facilities. The bathroom was actually just a pod installed in the room. Using the toilet and the shower was much like having a festival experience in your own hotel room which I found odd. The bed was the thinnest mattress ever (literally just a about an inch thick if that) on top of a solid base which made for painful sleeping. There was no safe in the room, no drawers, no cupboards etc. I felt uncomfortable leaving all my things out in the room. For somewhere to sleep and get washed it was just about satisfactory. There was no relaxation to be had in the hotel nor the opportunity to recharge due to the lack of comfort in the room.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"O2 convenience"
The best thing about this hotel is its location - about 4 minutes walk from Southwark underground on the Jubilee line and as we were attending an event at the O2, that was ideal! If you want to stretch your legs a bit more, it's less than 10 minutes walk from Waterloo. The room was clean and basic. The hotel was quiet and the staff pleasant and helpful. The area around the hotel has plenty of coffee shops for a light breakfast.
3 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2014
"IBIS Blackfriars"
Very plesant staff, good breakfast. standard IBIS room. Good stay
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Enda
"Good hotel"
Clean hotel. Good neighborhood - close to tourists attractions. Lots of food choices around.
3 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Tsz Keung
"not worth staying"
A cattle market for Humans at an overrated price
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
"Just a bit soulless"
Good staff but the room was just soulless, with it's prefabricated bathroom pod, laminated wood flooring, pointless little 'sofa' that you couldn't relax on and no ironing board or trouser press.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Graham
"Cheap and ordinary, but useful."
The hotel was basic and comfortable. I only needed a place to spend the night and it seemed affordable enough and close enough to where I had a function that night. The Ibis Hotel chain is not one I would normally choose for its rudimentary yet over-priced cost, but it served its purpose.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Akin
"ibis blackfriars"
Excellent value. Staff friendly and helpful. Very clean and the food was excellent especially the breakfast.
3 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2014
paul
"Good hotel in central London"
Single nights stay, very welcoming, clean, modern, smart. A++
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
jp
"comfy room with good facilities"
The room was clean and functional with a comfortable bed. The only letdown was a slight smell from the drains in the bathroom which could have done with some bleach. Particularly the shower drain needed lifting and cleaning. Room 1029
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Wonderful overnight stay"
Room was extremely comfortable and very clean. Staff efficient and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Yvonne
"Break away to see the poppies at the tower"
Hotel was central for everything staff were helpful breakfast was great and the price was perfect I would stay here again
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
janice
"Best place to stay on a budget in London!"
Originally I had booked into a travelodge in Waterloo, however upon checking into the room, we found the bathroom ceiling to be covered in black mould, which had been painted over. After raising with a useless management there, they offered us a refund so we could find a room elsewhere. Quick browse on hotels.com and we found the ibis had rooms available with a reasonable price considering we were booking on the day of check in. So we booked. Upon arrival we were greeted, and given our room keys. Our room was on the top floor with views of the london eye and big ben. Room was clean, fresh and exactly what you need for a city break in London, baring in mind that we weren't planning to spend much time in the room. Bed was soft and comfy with plump pillows, and the bathroom had a decent sized shower enclosure with a reasonably powerful shower. Normal toilet and sink as well. The one day we left the do not disturb sign out throughout the day, the cleaner left a bag full of clean towels, toilet roll and more tea/coffee/mugs on our door handle. Fantastic hotel. Definitely book again!!
3 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Not a good night's sleep"
Put in a room right by lift. Disturbed everytime anyone walked by. Funny smell in room - think could have been bleach used. Everytime someone in room next door or above used bathroom could hear toilet flushing.Will not be staying here again.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"Excellent choice, very close to Southwark tube"
Great location, clean and well-run, would stay again!
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
"Convenient and Great service"
Excellant location next to Southwark tube station and esy walking of South Bank and West End. Spotless room, very comfortable bed. Friendly staff, prompt and efficient service.
2 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
Teri
SG
"Lovely hotel"
Lovely hotel, good food, nice rooms with adequate space and all you need. Location is close to bus roots and not far from london centre.
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
"Nice hotel with a good location"
Nice, clean hotel, friendly helpful staff and located two minutes walk from the tube.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Sue
"Good hotel"
The hotel was a good base for our holiday. Internet access and free printing was very handy. Hotel restaurant served great drinks. Staff were pleasant. Location to Southwark train station was in zone. I wish the room had a mini bar fridge. Otherwise the hotel suited our needs.
11 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Nice."
Quiet room. Handy to Waterloo Station. Closer to attractions.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Phil
The staff at this hotel are lovely and we loved the quirky décor. The room was a bit soulless in terms of décor but it was functional and clean.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Beautiful hotel. Really clean, modern decor with exceptionally clean and comfortable room. Only negative (and negative is probably too strong a word) is the bathroom felt a little like a caravan bathroom, the way it was a "plastic cupboard" built into the corner, rather than another room. However this would not put me off staying here again.
3 night romance trip Aug 26, 2014
Shib60
"Great service"
This was an overnight stay for us to do some tourist destinations. The staff were super helpful. nothing was too much trouble. They stored our luggage all day while we were sightseeing free of charge. Only down side was we had 2 single beds ....... very thin and hard.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Big room in London standard"
Very rooming and clean. Bed is comfortable. The lobby very trendy gives you a fresh felling when you get in.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
michelle
"5*"
We stayed at the blackfriars ibis hotel can not complain about anything they were very helpful, clean and food was always topped up will definitely be going back
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014