All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
153 Earlham GroveForest Gate, LondonEnglandE7 9APUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Rather comfortable
    Great room
"Hazel's Home is Your Home"
Lovely stay in Hazel's guesthouse. She really went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and at home. We shared stories, laughs, and tea. She gave great sightseeing advice and tips to maximize my short time in London.
2 night trip Nov 12, 2015
"A Visit with Your Favorite Aunt!"
The Grove Guest House had 5 stars and great reviews. I decided other people couldn't be wrong, so I booked a week there for a business trip. I was looking for the true B&B experience, not the hotel with breakfast offered experience. I was not disappointed. Immediately I get a warm email from Hazel about saftey in London, what the Grove House offers, and asked what I wanted for breakfast. I still had 9 months before I was to check-in, but I admired her committment to make my stay comfortable and happy. When I checked-in, which was late after a long day of travel, I was exhausted. She made me a cup of tea and let me crash. She had remembered what I requested for breakfast 9 months prior and had it for me the next morning. The entire week she was warm, friendly, chatty, and so very helpful. She even taught me how to make an omelet! (I had always broke them before, but now I can!) The best way to describe my experience was as if I was visiting a favorite aunt. Warm, homey, comfortable. And delicious food! The bed was cozy. No stiff hotel bed. It is also only a 5 minute walk to the train. When I come back to London, I will be staying with Hazel.
7 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
Corinne
"Fantastic place to stay"
Just stayed for 1 night as it was a friends 60th Party nearby. We've stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world, but none match the hospitality provided by Hazel and her family. Totally relaxed, a great place to stay. nothing was too much trouble.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Nigel
"Grove Hosue is GREAT! Very Cozy & relaxing"
The stay was nice - clean, down to earth and best bargain in UK - Would reccomend to anyone - worth a visit - close to train station
5 night trip May 14, 2014
"Warm, cozy and comfortable"
Grove Guest House is a great place to experience London just outside the city center. The bed and breakfast is conveniently located near a bus stop that isn't far from Stratford station making transportation a breeze. The hostess is very welcoming and generous with her home, which immediately put me at ease with my decision of where to stay in London. Breakfast is delicious and afterwards we sat in the garden as she provided me with a map and the best use of my time for "MUST SEE" destinations throughout the city.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Jimmy S.
"wonderful host and convenient location"
Hazel is an absolutely wonderful host. We arrived late at night, about 12 hours later than we expected, due to flight problems but Hazel stayed up late to let us in. Our luggage arrived in England even later than we did and she did a great deal to minimize that inconvenience. She cooks wonderful breakfasts and the room we stayed in was comfortable and quiet. Her home is a short walk to the Forest Gate train station (about a block away), where you can catch a train to Stratford station, a much larger station from which you can get just about anywhere in London. On the Sunday we were there we had to wait about ten minutes for the train at Forest Gate, on the other days of the week we were there the trains were running more frequently than that.
8 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Lisa Harris
Cool
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Lekan
This is a kind of "home stay", but the hosts were all friendly and kind to me. They also helped planning my trip. Please note that the place has no significant sign since it is a simple house, it may be a bit hard to find the exact location.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Bike ride"
The B&B was basic the owner's hospitality was very homely & friendly Got up very early to ensure we had our breakfast before leaving I would consider staying again excellent value Thank you
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
"exellent"
very comfortable and a great host
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"SUPER ACCOMMODATION- 110%"
SUPERB - AS USUAL AN EXCELLENT STAY, THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Trevor
"Very warm welcome"
The room was nice, I felt very welcome, had a lovely cup of tea/cake and lively discussion with the owner and 2 more staying guests and I would recommend this accommodation to anyone.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Dasha
"Home from home"
Very pleasant experience, handy for shops and railway, only fifteen minutes from central London by train. Hazel was friendly and very informative about places to visit in and around the area.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Super stay - Super service"
Hazel provides great service in all respects and would recommend stay at this place.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Excellent value accommodation"
Refreshingly different, fantastic hostess in Hazel, nothing is too much trouble I was even provided with an evening meal and glass of white – on the house -– if you want to be in this area please do not hesitate to stay at the Grove –FREE WI-FI and a superb breakfast included - Parking is on street and it gets busy but I had no problems. Will use again, highly recommended.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
trevor
"You'll be in for a very warm welcome here!"
Hazel is the loveliest Landlady ever! Made to feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
Helen
"The Grove Guest House."
Went to the O2 for an event and stayed at the grove guest house,very handy ,good price and lovely relaxed surroundings.Hazel was lovely and had a great one night stay-would recommend and use again :-)
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
A D
"relaxing"
very helpfull nice atmosphere very nice stay
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"LOVELY WELCOME"
I've travelled a great deal in my working life, all over the globe and stayed in some lovely (and not so lovely!) hotels. I booked The Grove not having read any of the previous reviews. Hazel is nothing short of wonderful. End of. I have never received a better welcome at any place I have ever stayed. Nothing is too much trouble and she made my three night stay an absolute pleasure. Bed was soooooooo comfortable! Do not book The Grove if you are expecting a "standard" London hotel or guest house - It is way better than that. I will definitely re-book when I am next in London. One last thing though Hazel..... You could definitely put your prices up, stop selling yourself short :-)
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Catriona
"Unbeatable value and top hostess"
Over 6 weeks and more than a dozen BnB's, guesthouses, hotels and hostels, we found Hazel's 'Grove Guest House' to be an outstanding stay for value for money and a friendly, warm welcome.Our hostess, Hazel, genuinely likes people and generously shares her home with them. When I arrived I had undergone some tummy problems in France and Hazel made particular efforts to ensure that, despite the shared bathroom we had booked, we had the use of toilet and bathroom to ourselves(this, I suspect, may have been at some inconvenience to herself).She was a great help in organizing a one- day (self guided) tour that took in many of London's sights yet still considered our budget.Her knowledge of London and, particularly, the East end is unequalled.And her hot cooked brekky each morning gave us a great start to the day (Yum, the porridge!)Thanks Hazel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Jill and Dave
"Lovely Hostess"
We stayed here for three nights and were very impressed by how helpful the hostess was. She went out of her way to drop us and our luggage at Stratford so it was easier to manage our bags and was really lovely. She really made us feel at home.
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Jenny Steve
"Very friendly host"
Hazel was very friendly and organised. She kept me informed when she was out and was accomodating even when so arrived late and we had a nice chat over breakfast. The room was good size and clean. Generally it was a little too cluttered for my taste but others might like the homely feel if the B&B. Location is 5 mins from Forest Gate train station but the surrounding area is a bit rough. Good price for a room in London.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Terry
"Home from home"
hazel is a very nice lady and looks after you during your stay, very homely
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
"The best B&B I've ever had the pleasure to stay at"
From the moment Hazel sent me further detailed information about my stay to the day I arrived it has been an exceptional experience. My room was a delight, full of interesting items to wonder at and a gloriously comfy and big bed including 4 pillows). The Full English breakfast was perfection and Hazel's company were just the best. I am coming back here again soon.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Quentin
"Lovely hotel"
Very comfortable hotel and friendly service. It looks and feels like home. I'll definitely stay again. Many Thanks.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
GGreenslade
"Home from home"
Great warm welcome, Lovely breakfast, friendly host, near to station...would definately stay again and recommend ...
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Suejcrook
"Top class B&B in lovely village with city links."
Well appointed room, extensive breakfast menu and very attentive hosts. Linlithgow is small enough to offer a great village atmosphere but large enough to provide dining choice and meet shopping needs. Only shortfall is parking but we managed to find a spot each evening. Easy train journey into Edinburgh.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Welcoming"
Very welcoming experience from Hazel. Flexible to our needs: I needed breakfast at 4.45am ahead of RideLondon Surrey cycling event!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"素晴らしいB&Bです。"
中心街からは少し距離がありますが、経営者のHazelさんとの会話も楽しく、朝食も美味しくて、快適なB&Bです。再度ロンドンに行くことがあれば、また泊まりたいと思います。
3 night trip Dec 13, 2015
JP
"Excellent ! No other place to stay !"
I had a wonderful time In Grove Guest House ! The room very comfortable in a typical english house ! And my host Hazel is just an angel ! English breakfast was delicious, and I loved the moments we shared around a cup of tea... The house is only 5 mm walk from the FLR going to Liverpool Station in a very short time ;) I will definitely come back for my next stay in London !
4 night trip Aug 13, 2015
Magali
FR
"Hat mir sehr gut gefallen"
Meine Unterkunft für ein Wochenende in London. Sehr, sehr freundliche Gastgeberin, liebevoll eingerichtetes Haus, leckeres Frühstück. Die Umgebung ist ein Sammelbecken der Kulturen und deswegen etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig (für mich als Landei). Geschäfte für den täglichen Bedarf sowie eine Bahnstation befinden sich in unmittelbarer Nähe.
3 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Susann
DE
"Som att hälsa på en kär vän"
Värdinnan Hazel gör hela vistelsen med sin hjälpsamhet, humor och känsla för service! Och vilka frukostar hon gör!
4 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
Anette
SE
"Wonderful guesthouse !"
A very cozy, clean and perfectly located guesthouse with a very warm and personal service. Breakfast is a healthy and varied perfect start dor any day. Public transport is close by and puts you in central London in about 20 minutes. Highly rcommended !!
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Pétur
BE
"Experience a London you never knew excited"
Grove Guest House is by far the best hotel experience I have had in my life. Forget about cramped rooms and assembly-line breakfasts. Hazel opens her beautiful, quirky Victorian house with it's spacious rooms to you, and provides personal service, advice and company. Two-hour lunch? Need a ride to the park? Helping out with laundry? No problems. The Guest House is situated 15 minutes by train from Liverpool Street Station, which is central enough. The nearby Wanstead Park is absolutely stunning and must be London's best kept secret. You will leave Grove Guest House counting the days till you can return.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Gard
"Zuhause in London"
Das Grove GuestHouse liegt im Randbezirk Londons und ist in ca. 30 Minuten von Oxford Circus erreichbar. Bis zum Bus oder zur Bahn sind es nur ein paar Minuten zu Fuß und auch Geschäfte um Lebensmittel zu kaufen sind in unmittelbarer Nähe.In 10 Minuten erreichbar ist eine große Shopping Mall und das Olympia Zentrum. Hazel ist eine großartige Gastgeberin. Unser Zimmer war sehr vollgestellt, trotzdem schafft Hazel es, dass man sich nach sehr kurzer Zeit zuhause fühlt und es unwichtig ist, wieviel Platz das ZImmer hat. Wir hatten ein Zimmer ohne Bad. Das Zimmer mit Bad ist sehr hübsch und ich würde es beim nächsten Aufenthalt buchen und auch weiter empfehlen! Hazel kocht, wenn es gewünscht ist und auch abends sitzt sie jederzeit mit ihren Gästen zusammen und unterhält sich über alles und jenes. Sie ist einfach herzlich! Auf Allergien und Lebensmittelintoleranzen geht Hazel sehr gut ein! Eine Glutenfreie Ernährung war für mich dort kein Problem! Zum Frühstück bekommt man das, was man möchte und Hazel erfüllt jeden Wunsch! Auch für Unternehmungen hat sie jederzeit gute Tipps bereit! Komme als Fremder, und gehe als Freund . Das steht in ihrem Eingang-und das lebt sie auch!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
DE
"Freundliches Willkommen und ein Gefühl von zu Haus"
Hazel, die Besitzerin des Gasthauses ist überaus freundlich und immer bemüht zu helfen wo sie kann. Tatsächlich ist es so dass man sich mehr als Freund denn als Gast fühlt, wenn man nach einem langen Tag "nach Hause" kommt. Sie ist immer gern bereit bei Tourenplanungen zu helfen, aber auch ein Abendessen zu servieren, wenn man sich rechtzeitig anmeldet. Unbedingt wissenswert: das Haus liegt etwas außerhalb der City, dadurch relativ ruhig und gut mit der Bahn zu erreichen, die allerdings vor dem Garten am Haus in regelmäßigen Abständen vorbeirauscht. Wir hatten allerdings das Double-Bed-ensuite mit Blick auf die Straße und konnten da selbst mit offenem Fenster hervorragend schlafen.
3 night trip Jun 2, 2014
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
Alex

TripAdvisor reviews for Grove Guest House

"The feeling of being home"
05/05/16 Silje A
My parents came to visit me in London, and they stayed at Grove Guest House over a weekend. My parents found their stay here to be one of the highlights of their weekend away in London, and this is a lot due to the wonderful hostess Hazel. In a unique way, Hazel made us feel very welcomed. She made wonderful, proper English breakfasts every morning, and she took the time to sit and chat with us. I give Hazel and the Grove Guest House my highest recommendations!
"Superb high quality establishment - highly recommend"
04/16/16 seasideandie Harlow, United Kingdom
Our stay was for 1 night but it felt as it we had been there for weeks as we were so relaxed in an amazing atmosphere. Everything was high quality and great service with a smile. Beautiful comfortable room with wonderful furniture, spotlessly clean Highly recommend!!
"A place that feels like home"
04/11/16 giacomocippa Florence, Italy
This has been now my third time staying at the grove guest house and it's such a relief knowing theres a place like this in London where i can go everytime i'm visiting this beautiful city. No matter where you're coming from you will feel at home from the very first day, especially thanks to the warm welcoming and kindness of Hazel. Really positive vibe all over the house. Oh and breakfast is amazing!!
"Fantastic Stay with the Most Gracious Hostess!"
03/16/16 Jocelyn D Baltimore, Maryland
Traveling alone to London for the first time, I was totally overwhelmed upon arrival. Hazel immediately made me feel welcomed, and she spent so much time telling me what would be best to see and how to access what I already had planned to visit. Basically she's just an awesome woman. My room was open, clean, and so nicely lit. Her gardens are especially lovely. The location is very close to a tube station, and had I known London better I would have been more centrally located, but considering where we were, accessing downtown London was pretty easy.
"Meet wonderful people there"
03/13/16 Qasim C
I've been staying at Grove consistently over two years for work in London and yes it's a little out the way from the office. However, Hazel has the amazing ability to allow to the freedom to socialise with her and others or be a complete recluse depending on how you feel in the evenings. Meal times often offer thoughtful conversations and sometimes hysterical laughter whilst eating the most heart warming food you can find. A++++++ as always, thank you Hazel!
"Amazing Guest House and Superb Host and Guide"
03/01/16 Gaurav k
My Stay in Grove Guest house was amazing :-). And after this I have decided that every time I am going to stay in London that will be over here. Believe me I write reviews very rarely but this time I can't resist. First I would like to say about Hazel. She is wonderful host with very good sense of hospitality. She will never let you feel any problem. She take care of you like you are at your own home. Magic in her cooking also. I got a yummy breakfast(Cheese Omelette and Toast and Coffee). We started conversation over breakfast table and it lasted close to 2 Hours. We discussed all history, geography, art and science. She guided me about all must visit places in London and how to reach there in best way. Now about House: Starting form Location, its very close to city centre.Stratford is just 3 miles. And Nearest underground is just 5-7 min walk. Very well connected with bus service and underground. I booked the en suite room which is on the first floor. Enjoy the view from the window. Bed was decently comfortable with lots of soft pillows. Free wifi in the room. Few magazines and tour guides were there in the rooms. You get the kettle, tea, chocolate powder etc. in your room itself but you wont need it as if you are interested you will get the fresh one. Now hygiene: The room was very clean and hygienic I got almost 3 Towels in my room. Ensuite bathroom was cherry on the cake. Branded toiletries in it. Thanks Hazel for such a decent guest house and Many thanks for the wonderful time.
""A delight to be here again.""
02/03/16 Dinah C Cambridge, United Kingdom
This is our 3rd stay at Earl Grove Guest House with Hazel, and we shall be returning. We find the Earl Grove such a relaxing and comfortable place to be in. It's situated in a lovely quiet, tree lined road with easy parking that's essential for us. There's a wide variety of places to eat at, within very easy walking distance. Hazel is a gem-so kind and helpful. Nothing is ever too much trouble. Her breakfasts are delicious, and there's always a wide choice to choose from. You will not go hungry. If you're looking for comfort and that personal touch, we highly recommend Earl Grove Guest House.
"Excellent guest home with a wonderful family atmosphere."
01/21/16 Karl S
I have stayed in hazels guest house twice now and have never been disappointed, Hazel is the nicest and friendliest woman I have ever met. A very warm welcome is a must from hazel which will always come with the offer of a nice coffee or a cuppa. If you are looking for a place to stay that feels like home from home you're in the right place, the rooms in Hazels house are a very good size to stay in with every room having a large and very comfortable bed and your own sink. Once you have settled into your room, you are always welcome to use of the kitchen and dining room, with a 6 seated table there is always an option to have a friendly conversation with hazel and other guest staying at the guest house. The decor in the guesthouse is amazing with many different decorative masterpieces that make the place a very exciting place to stay and a great conversation starter for a very enthusiastic woman like hazel. In the morning you are greeted by hazel with a friendly smile and once again a nice cup of coffee and the option of breakfast, I would recommend Hazels omelettes, they are beautiful! Thankyou for your my stay :D
"Feel at home while away"
01/20/16 Andy Y Todmorden, United Kingdom
I stay at Hazel's fairly regular, I keep coming back because of the warm welcome, homely atmosphere, excellent food and great company. Less than 15 minutes commute to the city and overground rather than underground trains also helps the appeal. I stay here mainly for business but its so good I've also brought the family down when they want to see London and love staying here.
"Home away from home"
01/16/16 Becky T Plymouth, United Kingdom
I regularly stay here for a few nights during the week due to peculiar university timetabling and extortionate London rent prices. Hazel and Grove Guest House are consistently perfect; I always arrive quite late by car, but Hazel is always ready with a cup of tea and a catch up. Staying here is really like visiting family as you are always invited to eat and socialise with the other guests and Hazel over dinner. She also has an extensive breakfast list and will prepare what you like at a time that suits you. The property is in a brilliant location. It's a short walk from Forest Gate tube station (from which you can get the TFL Rail straight to London Liverpool Street in central London) or it's just a couple stops from Stratford. This is really useful for Westfield shopping centre and other travel links. But wherever you want to go, Hazel is willing to help with information and advice about what to do and how best to get there. The rooms are comfy and homely with fluffy pillows and duvets and comfy mattresses. It's really a delight staying here and I could thoroughly recommend it for whatever travel needs you have.