All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
153 Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, London, England, E7 9AP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"Fantastic place to stay"
Just stayed for 1 night as it was a friends 60th Party nearby. We've stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world, but none match the hospitality provided by Hazel and her family. Totally relaxed, a great place to stay. nothing was too much trouble.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Nigel
"Grove Hosue is GREAT! Very Cozy & relaxing"
The stay was nice - clean, down to earth and best bargain in UK - Would reccomend to anyone - worth a visit - close to train station
5 night trip May 14, 2014
"Warm, cozy and comfortable"
Grove Guest House is a great place to experience London just outside the city center. The bed and breakfast is conveniently located near a bus stop that isn't far from Stratford station making transportation a breeze. The hostess is very welcoming and generous with her home, which immediately put me at ease with my decision of where to stay in London. Breakfast is delicious and afterwards we sat in the garden as she provided me with a map and the best use of my time for "MUST SEE" destinations throughout the city.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Jimmy S.
"wonderful host and convenient location"
Hazel is an absolutely wonderful host. We arrived late at night, about 12 hours later than we expected, due to flight problems but Hazel stayed up late to let us in. Our luggage arrived in England even later than we did and she did a great deal to minimize that inconvenience. She cooks wonderful breakfasts and the room we stayed in was comfortable and quiet. Her home is a short walk to the Forest Gate train station (about a block away), where you can catch a train to Stratford station, a much larger station from which you can get just about anywhere in London. On the Sunday we were there we had to wait about ten minutes for the train at Forest Gate, on the other days of the week we were there the trains were running more frequently than that.
8 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Lisa Harris
Cool
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Lekan
This is a kind of "home stay", but the hosts were all friendly and kind to me. They also helped planning my trip. Please note that the place has no significant sign since it is a simple house, it may be a bit hard to find the exact location.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014

"exellent"
very comfortable and a great host
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"SUPER ACCOMMODATION- 110%"
SUPERB - AS USUAL AN EXCELLENT STAY, THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Trevor
"Very warm welcome"
The room was nice, I felt very welcome, had a lovely cup of tea/cake and lively discussion with the owner and 2 more staying guests and I would recommend this accommodation to anyone.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Dasha
"Home from home"
Very pleasant experience, handy for shops and railway, only fifteen minutes from central London by train. Hazel was friendly and very informative about places to visit in and around the area.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Super stay - Super service"
Hazel provides great service in all respects and would recommend stay at this place.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Excellent value accommodation"
Refreshingly different, fantastic hostess in Hazel, nothing is too much trouble I was even provided with an evening meal and glass of white – on the house -– if you want to be in this area please do not hesitate to stay at the Grove –FREE WI-FI and a superb breakfast included - Parking is on street and it gets busy but I had no problems. Will use again, highly recommended.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
trevor
"You'll be in for a very warm welcome here!"
Hazel is the loveliest Landlady ever! Made to feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
Helen
"The Grove Guest House."
Went to the O2 for an event and stayed at the grove guest house,very handy ,good price and lovely relaxed surroundings.Hazel was lovely and had a great one night stay-would recommend and use again :-)
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
A D
"relaxing"
very helpfull nice atmosphere very nice stay
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"LOVELY WELCOME"
I've travelled a great deal in my working life, all over the globe and stayed in some lovely (and not so lovely!) hotels. I booked The Grove not having read any of the previous reviews. Hazel is nothing short of wonderful. End of. I have never received a better welcome at any place I have ever stayed. Nothing is too much trouble and she made my three night stay an absolute pleasure. Bed was soooooooo comfortable! Do not book The Grove if you are expecting a "standard" London hotel or guest house - It is way better than that. I will definitely re-book when I am next in London. One last thing though Hazel..... You could definitely put your prices up, stop selling yourself short :-)
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Catriona
"Unbeatable value and top hostess"
Over 6 weeks and more than a dozen BnB's, guesthouses, hotels and hostels, we found Hazel's 'Grove Guest House' to be an outstanding stay for value for money and a friendly, warm welcome.Our hostess, Hazel, genuinely likes people and generously shares her home with them. When I arrived I had undergone some tummy problems in France and Hazel made particular efforts to ensure that, despite the shared bathroom we had booked, we had the use of toilet and bathroom to ourselves(this, I suspect, may have been at some inconvenience to herself).She was a great help in organizing a one- day (self guided) tour that took in many of London's sights yet still considered our budget.Her knowledge of London and, particularly, the East end is unequalled.And her hot cooked brekky each morning gave us a great start to the day (Yum, the porridge!)Thanks Hazel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Jill and Dave
"Lovely Hostess"
We stayed here for three nights and were very impressed by how helpful the hostess was. She went out of her way to drop us and our luggage at Stratford so it was easier to manage our bags and was really lovely. She really made us feel at home.
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Jenny Steve
"Very friendly host"
Hazel was very friendly and organised. She kept me informed when she was out and was accomodating even when so arrived late and we had a nice chat over breakfast. The room was good size and clean. Generally it was a little too cluttered for my taste but others might like the homely feel if the B&B. Location is 5 mins from Forest Gate train station but the surrounding area is a bit rough. Good price for a room in London.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Terry
"Home from home"
hazel is a very nice lady and looks after you during your stay, very homely
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
"The best B&B I've ever had the pleasure to stay at"
From the moment Hazel sent me further detailed information about my stay to the day I arrived it has been an exceptional experience. My room was a delight, full of interesting items to wonder at and a gloriously comfy and big bed including 4 pillows). The Full English breakfast was perfection and Hazel's company were just the best. I am coming back here again soon.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Quentin
"Lovely hotel"
Very comfortable hotel and friendly service. It looks and feels like home. I'll definitely stay again. Many Thanks.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
GGreenslade
"Home from home"
Great warm welcome, Lovely breakfast, friendly host, near to station...would definately stay again and recommend ...
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Suejcrook
"Top class B&B in lovely village with city links."
Well appointed room, extensive breakfast menu and very attentive hosts. Linlithgow is small enough to offer a great village atmosphere but large enough to provide dining choice and meet shopping needs. Only shortfall is parking but we managed to find a spot each evening. Easy train journey into Edinburgh.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Welcoming"
Very welcoming experience from Hazel. Flexible to our needs: I needed breakfast at 4.45am ahead of RideLondon Surrey cycling event!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013

"Som att hälsa på en kär vän"
Värdinnan Hazel gör hela vistelsen med sin hjälpsamhet, humor och känsla för service! Och vilka frukostar hon gör!
4 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
Anette
SE
"Wonderful guesthouse !"
A very cozy, clean and perfectly located guesthouse with a very warm and personal service. Breakfast is a healthy and varied perfect start dor any day. Public transport is close by and puts you in central London in about 20 minutes. Highly rcommended !!
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Pétur
BE
"Experience a London you never knew excited"
Grove Guest House is by far the best hotel experience I have had in my life. Forget about cramped rooms and assembly-line breakfasts. Hazel opens her beautiful, quirky Victorian house with it's spacious rooms to you, and provides personal service, advice and company. Two-hour lunch? Need a ride to the park? Helping out with laundry? No problems. The Guest House is situated 15 minutes by train from Liverpool Street Station, which is central enough. The nearby Wanstead Park is absolutely stunning and must be London's best kept secret. You will leave Grove Guest House counting the days till you can return.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Gard
"Zuhause in London"
Das Grove GuestHouse liegt im Randbezirk Londons und ist in ca. 30 Minuten von Oxford Circus erreichbar. Bis zum Bus oder zur Bahn sind es nur ein paar Minuten zu Fuß und auch Geschäfte um Lebensmittel zu kaufen sind in unmittelbarer Nähe.In 10 Minuten erreichbar ist eine große Shopping Mall und das Olympia Zentrum. Hazel ist eine großartige Gastgeberin. Unser Zimmer war sehr vollgestellt, trotzdem schafft Hazel es, dass man sich nach sehr kurzer Zeit zuhause fühlt und es unwichtig ist, wieviel Platz das ZImmer hat. Wir hatten ein Zimmer ohne Bad. Das Zimmer mit Bad ist sehr hübsch und ich würde es beim nächsten Aufenthalt buchen und auch weiter empfehlen! Hazel kocht, wenn es gewünscht ist und auch abends sitzt sie jederzeit mit ihren Gästen zusammen und unterhält sich über alles und jenes. Sie ist einfach herzlich! Auf Allergien und Lebensmittelintoleranzen geht Hazel sehr gut ein! Eine Glutenfreie Ernährung war für mich dort kein Problem! Zum Frühstück bekommt man das, was man möchte und Hazel erfüllt jeden Wunsch! Auch für Unternehmungen hat sie jederzeit gute Tipps bereit! Komme als Fremder, und gehe als Freund . Das steht in ihrem Eingang-und das lebt sie auch!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
DE
"Freundliches Willkommen und ein Gefühl von zu Haus"
Hazel, die Besitzerin des Gasthauses ist überaus freundlich und immer bemüht zu helfen wo sie kann. Tatsächlich ist es so dass man sich mehr als Freund denn als Gast fühlt, wenn man nach einem langen Tag "nach Hause" kommt. Sie ist immer gern bereit bei Tourenplanungen zu helfen, aber auch ein Abendessen zu servieren, wenn man sich rechtzeitig anmeldet. Unbedingt wissenswert: das Haus liegt etwas außerhalb der City, dadurch relativ ruhig und gut mit der Bahn zu erreichen, die allerdings vor dem Garten am Haus in regelmäßigen Abständen vorbeirauscht. Wir hatten allerdings das Double-Bed-ensuite mit Blick auf die Straße und konnten da selbst mit offenem Fenster hervorragend schlafen.
3 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Klasse für Alleinreisende"
Hazel ist eine ausgezeichnete Gastgeberin, die sich um ihre Gäste sorgt und sich sehr kümmert. Sie hilft bei der Reiseplanung und gibt gute Tipps! Das Zimmer hätte ein weniger geräumiger sein können. Für denjenigen, der lieber zurückgezogen ist und seine Ruhe haben will, ist dieses Guest House vielleicht nicht die richtige Wahl. Wer aber alleine reist, wird in diesen Familienbetrieb so herzlich aufgenommen, dass er/sie sich wie ein Familienmitglied vorkommt.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Grove Guest House

"Fantastic overnight stay!"
07/30/15 Sarah B Blackwater, null, United Kingdom
Hazel is a wonderful host at this quirky B & B. This Guest House is ideally located for the City, the East End, the 02 and the Olympics Stadium. As we were arriving by car, Hazel asked us to call about 10 minutes before and she would find us a parking space and sure enough, she reserved a space for us right outside! This was the level of care we received during our short overnight stay. This is a wonderful welcoming house, full of artwork and memorabilia. The room was light and airy, the bed was really comfortable and the breakfast was superb! If you are looking for a room in this part of London, don't hesitate!
"Very friendly and comfortable stay!"
07/20/15 Maja M
I can only confirm all the great reviews below- Hazel is a fantastic host, incredibly friendly and hospitable. I only wish I had more time to chat with her. Also the accommodation quality is an excellent value for money- the room is big and comfortable, with many nice and personal touches (books about the area, whole selection of unusual toiletries, very interesting teas)
"A Home Away From Home. This was the most wonderful week in London, because of Hazel's warm home atmosphere."
07/07/15 susanka31 New York City, New York
This was the most wonderful week in London, because of the warmth, support, and friendship that I experienced with the Grove Guest House hostess, Hazel. I also enjoyed the lovely guests at Grove Guest House, and enjoyed a barbeque that was cooked and prepared by a couple that are former Grove House guests. My room was very nice and comfortable, and had a bathroom and shower that were convenient. But beyond any physical amenities, the house hostess, Hazel Goldman, was an amazing hostess and companion. She was way beyond anything expected in accommodating the individual needs of each guest, and of myself in particular. I never had to use a map of London, even though she gave me one, because Hazel provided specific instructions for me to help me reach whatever destination I needed to reach. Through Hazel I learned to use the London underground and overground, and connecting trains and buses. She was willing to look up directions for me on her own computer, and at times drove me part way, to the train. She also educated me about mini cab service, and which service to use when such service was needed. She educated me about the rates and about what tip to provide. She tried to provide assistance with every detail of my journeys. But even more astounding was how she would offer me breakfast at any time I woke and dressed, whether it was 12 noon or 6 am (before my flight home). Hazel spent some hours with me in a local park at Forest Gate, a big open natural park, which was a great place to relax. We watched the swans and ducks and dogs together and shared a treat of latte and ice cream, while we shared stories of our past stressful experiences. Hazel has so much encouragement and support and wise wisdom to offer. She is emotionally attuned to each guest, not just aware of practical needs and concerns. All this makes her house feel like palace, because home is where the heart is, and Hazel's guest house felt like a real home (hard to leave). Hazel also has a beautiful English garden in the back of the house, and a sheltered patio just in front of it, where one can eat breakfast or barbeque. Her dining room is very comfortable and provides a lovely atmosphere for several of her guests to gather.
"A great place to saty with a lovely host."
07/06/15 dalita44 Auckland, New Zealand
The room is very nice, in a lovely home, and Hazel is a great cook, too! She is a very interesting person and great company. Sitting in her conservatory, looking out at her lovely garden, was a pleasure. So easy to get to London City Airport, and to travel in and out of London. I really enjoyed my stay, and I highly recommend staying with Hazel at Grove Guest House.
"home away from home"
07/03/15 Stephanie G Weslaco, Texas
my title is exactly what it means. Hazel made me feel so comfortable especially since it was my first time in London & I was alone too. I only stayed there for 5 days, those were the best 5 days of my life. She was so helpful in everything & gave me tips about London, she told me what I could do in London as well. She has great advice to give, & her home cooked meals are also the best. I would definitely go back to London & book my stay at her home as well. I highly recommend her place. There is a train station around the corner of the home called Forest Gate. I used that station & I'd walk back to her home, which was only a 15 minute walk. I will go back again, miss you Hazel! xoxo
"My staying at the guest house"
07/02/15 GiacomoBanella Lucca, Italy
Very confortable rooms and good looking, with wide windows and amazing beds, fantastic and incredibly various breakfasts, at any time of the morning, good location perfectly connected to Liverpool Street station trought frequent train or buses services (a few minutes from the house, you can get to liverpool street stetion in 15 - 20 minutes from the propriety). Hazel is a very kind person and wpuld do everything she can for make your staying confortable - she has been completely at the disposal of me and the other guest I met during my staying. I have been there twice in one year and it became a reference place where I can go whenever I am in need to have a place to stay for a short periodic. The valutation of treatments is excellent
"My home in London"
05/11/15 Ubertomorico Parma, Italy
Honestly, absolutely ...... I live well at home Hazel. The most beautiful and welcoming house in London, ..................... perhaps around the world, perhaps of my entire life. Why? Because there is an air of familiarity, and communication, and simple life. Thanks Hazel to exist. Uberto
"Found our new home to stay in when visiting London!"
05/10/15 Suzie S Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Where to begin! Hazel is the warmest, friendliest and most knowledgeable hostess/B&B lady I've ever met! The house is old, warm, quirky, beautiful and full of interesting things and so homely. The room we stayed in was at the front of the house and was a lovely big size, light with lovely windows and a small en suite. It was clean and quirky! Gorgeous old furniture and a beautiful, comfortable bed to sleep in. Hazel is flexible with breakfast and cooks a cracking full english! Sitting around the big table felt like a family affair and we loved it. Hazel is full of fun and knowledge and nothing is too much trouble for her. She goes out of her way to make sure your stay is great and your adventures are safe and sorted! Have no worries if you don't know how to get around or haven't even decided what to do or see, Hazel will help :) Getting to London and back to Hazels was much easier than I thought and is a fabulous base. One which is now going to be our regular whenever we have London or near adventures to go on! I left feeling like Id made a new friend. And what a lovely, sweet, fun friend! Thank you so much Hazel, you and your B&B are gems! xx
"Mack"
05/05/15 Changmo
I couldn't have asked for a better host. Traveling solo, Hazel's hospitality and companionship was top notch, starting from the moment I first booked my stay. Very convenient location, rail station less than a 5 minute walk with markets and restaurants along the way. Easy commute from Liverpool Street Station or Stratford. Safe to walk around at night. My room was much larger than I had expected and the house was full of charming and conversational decor. I don't usually leave feedback, but Hazel more than deserves this one. I will surely return, that is certain :)
"Lovely Stay!"
05/02/15 kami73 Birmingham, United Kingdom
I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely B&B for a night. Had a very good sized bedroom with a comfortable bed.Hazel was an excellent host. Breakfast was lovely. Would certainly like to go and stay again.