All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here153 Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, London, England, E7 9AP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"Grove Hosue is GREAT! Very Cozy & relaxing"
The stay was nice - clean, down to earth and best bargain in UK - Would reccomend to anyone - worth a visit - close to train station
5 night trip May 14, 2014
"Warm, cozy and comfortable"
Grove Guest House is a great place to experience London just outside the city center. The bed and breakfast is conveniently located near a bus stop that isn't far from Stratford station making transportation a breeze. The hostess is very welcoming and generous with her home, which immediately put me at ease with my decision of where to stay in London. Breakfast is delicious and afterwards we sat in the garden as she provided me with a map and the best use of my time for "MUST SEE" destinations throughout the city.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Jimmy S.
"wonderful host and convenient location"
Hazel is an absolutely wonderful host. We arrived late at night, about 12 hours later than we expected, due to flight problems but Hazel stayed up late to let us in. Our luggage arrived in England even later than we did and she did a great deal to minimize that inconvenience. She cooks wonderful breakfasts and the room we stayed in was comfortable and quiet. Her home is a short walk to the Forest Gate train station (about a block away), where you can catch a train to Stratford station, a much larger station from which you can get just about anywhere in London. On the Sunday we were there we had to wait about ten minutes for the train at Forest Gate, on the other days of the week we were there the trains were running more frequently than that.
8 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Lisa Harris
Cool
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Lekan
This is a kind of "home stay", but the hosts were all friendly and kind to me. They also helped planning my trip. Please note that the place has no significant sign since it is a simple house, it may be a bit hard to find the exact location.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014

"exellent"
very comfortable and a great host
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"SUPER ACCOMMODATION- 110%"
SUPERB - AS USUAL AN EXCELLENT STAY, THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Trevor
"Very warm welcome"
The room was nice, I felt very welcome, had a lovely cup of tea/cake and lively discussion with the owner and 2 more staying guests and I would recommend this accommodation to anyone.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Dasha
"Home from home"
Very pleasant experience, handy for shops and railway, only fifteen minutes from central London by train. Hazel was friendly and very informative about places to visit in and around the area.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Super stay - Super service"
Hazel provides great service in all respects and would recommend stay at this place.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Excellent value accommodation"
Refreshingly different, fantastic hostess in Hazel, nothing is too much trouble I was even provided with an evening meal and glass of white – on the house -– if you want to be in this area please do not hesitate to stay at the Grove –FREE WI-FI and a superb breakfast included - Parking is on street and it gets busy but I had no problems. Will use again, highly recommended.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
trevor
"You'll be in for a very warm welcome here!"
Hazel is the loveliest Landlady ever! Made to feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
Helen
"The Grove Guest House."
Went to the O2 for an event and stayed at the grove guest house,very handy ,good price and lovely relaxed surroundings.Hazel was lovely and had a great one night stay-would recommend and use again :-)
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
A D
"relaxing"
very helpfull nice atmosphere very nice stay
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"LOVELY WELCOME"
I've travelled a great deal in my working life, all over the globe and stayed in some lovely (and not so lovely!) hotels. I booked The Grove not having read any of the previous reviews. Hazel is nothing short of wonderful. End of. I have never received a better welcome at any place I have ever stayed. Nothing is too much trouble and she made my three night stay an absolute pleasure. Bed was soooooooo comfortable! Do not book The Grove if you are expecting a "standard" London hotel or guest house - It is way better than that. I will definitely re-book when I am next in London. One last thing though Hazel..... You could definitely put your prices up, stop selling yourself short :-)
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
Catriona
"Unbeatable value and top hostess"
Over 6 weeks and more than a dozen BnB's, guesthouses, hotels and hostels, we found Hazel's 'Grove Guest House' to be an outstanding stay for value for money and a friendly, warm welcome.Our hostess, Hazel, genuinely likes people and generously shares her home with them. When I arrived I had undergone some tummy problems in France and Hazel made particular efforts to ensure that, despite the shared bathroom we had booked, we had the use of toilet and bathroom to ourselves(this, I suspect, may have been at some inconvenience to herself).She was a great help in organizing a one- day (self guided) tour that took in many of London's sights yet still considered our budget.Her knowledge of London and, particularly, the East end is unequalled.And her hot cooked brekky each morning gave us a great start to the day (Yum, the porridge!)Thanks Hazel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Jill and Dave
"Lovely Hostess"
We stayed here for three nights and were very impressed by how helpful the hostess was. She went out of her way to drop us and our luggage at Stratford so it was easier to manage our bags and was really lovely. She really made us feel at home.
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Jenny Steve
"Very friendly host"
Hazel was very friendly and organised. She kept me informed when she was out and was accomodating even when so arrived late and we had a nice chat over breakfast. The room was good size and clean. Generally it was a little too cluttered for my taste but others might like the homely feel if the B&B. Location is 5 mins from Forest Gate train station but the surrounding area is a bit rough. Good price for a room in London.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Terry
"Home from home"
hazel is a very nice lady and looks after you during your stay, very homely
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
"The best B&B I've ever had the pleasure to stay at"
From the moment Hazel sent me further detailed information about my stay to the day I arrived it has been an exceptional experience. My room was a delight, full of interesting items to wonder at and a gloriously comfy and big bed including 4 pillows). The Full English breakfast was perfection and Hazel's company were just the best. I am coming back here again soon.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Quentin
"Lovely hotel"
Very comfortable hotel and friendly service. It looks and feels like home. I'll definitely stay again. Many Thanks.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
GGreenslade
"Home from home"
Great warm welcome, Lovely breakfast, friendly host, near to station...would definately stay again and recommend ...
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Suejcrook
"Top class B&B in lovely village with city links."
Well appointed room, extensive breakfast menu and very attentive hosts. Linlithgow is small enough to offer a great village atmosphere but large enough to provide dining choice and meet shopping needs. Only shortfall is parking but we managed to find a spot each evening. Easy train journey into Edinburgh.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Welcoming"
Very welcoming experience from Hazel. Flexible to our needs: I needed breakfast at 4.45am ahead of RideLondon Surrey cycling event!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013

"Som att hälsa på en kär vän"
Värdinnan Hazel gör hela vistelsen med sin hjälpsamhet, humor och känsla för service! Och vilka frukostar hon gör!
4 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
Anette
SE
"Wonderful guesthouse !"
A very cozy, clean and perfectly located guesthouse with a very warm and personal service. Breakfast is a healthy and varied perfect start dor any day. Public transport is close by and puts you in central London in about 20 minutes. Highly rcommended !!
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Pétur
BE
"Experience a London you never knew excited"
Grove Guest House is by far the best hotel experience I have had in my life. Forget about cramped rooms and assembly-line breakfasts. Hazel opens her beautiful, quirky Victorian house with it's spacious rooms to you, and provides personal service, advice and company. Two-hour lunch? Need a ride to the park? Helping out with laundry? No problems. The Guest House is situated 15 minutes by train from Liverpool Street Station, which is central enough. The nearby Wanstead Park is absolutely stunning and must be London's best kept secret. You will leave Grove Guest House counting the days till you can return.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Gard
"Zuhause in London"
Das Grove GuestHouse liegt im Randbezirk Londons und ist in ca. 30 Minuten von Oxford Circus erreichbar. Bis zum Bus oder zur Bahn sind es nur ein paar Minuten zu Fuß und auch Geschäfte um Lebensmittel zu kaufen sind in unmittelbarer Nähe.In 10 Minuten erreichbar ist eine große Shopping Mall und das Olympia Zentrum. Hazel ist eine großartige Gastgeberin. Unser Zimmer war sehr vollgestellt, trotzdem schafft Hazel es, dass man sich nach sehr kurzer Zeit zuhause fühlt und es unwichtig ist, wieviel Platz das ZImmer hat. Wir hatten ein Zimmer ohne Bad. Das Zimmer mit Bad ist sehr hübsch und ich würde es beim nächsten Aufenthalt buchen und auch weiter empfehlen! Hazel kocht, wenn es gewünscht ist und auch abends sitzt sie jederzeit mit ihren Gästen zusammen und unterhält sich über alles und jenes. Sie ist einfach herzlich! Auf Allergien und Lebensmittelintoleranzen geht Hazel sehr gut ein! Eine Glutenfreie Ernährung war für mich dort kein Problem! Zum Frühstück bekommt man das, was man möchte und Hazel erfüllt jeden Wunsch! Auch für Unternehmungen hat sie jederzeit gute Tipps bereit! Komme als Fremder, und gehe als Freund . Das steht in ihrem Eingang-und das lebt sie auch!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
DE
"Freundliches Willkommen und ein Gefühl von zu Haus"
Hazel, die Besitzerin des Gasthauses ist überaus freundlich und immer bemüht zu helfen wo sie kann. Tatsächlich ist es so dass man sich mehr als Freund denn als Gast fühlt, wenn man nach einem langen Tag "nach Hause" kommt. Sie ist immer gern bereit bei Tourenplanungen zu helfen, aber auch ein Abendessen zu servieren, wenn man sich rechtzeitig anmeldet. Unbedingt wissenswert: das Haus liegt etwas außerhalb der City, dadurch relativ ruhig und gut mit der Bahn zu erreichen, die allerdings vor dem Garten am Haus in regelmäßigen Abständen vorbeirauscht. Wir hatten allerdings das Double-Bed-ensuite mit Blick auf die Straße und konnten da selbst mit offenem Fenster hervorragend schlafen.
3 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Klasse für Alleinreisende"
Hazel ist eine ausgezeichnete Gastgeberin, die sich um ihre Gäste sorgt und sich sehr kümmert. Sie hilft bei der Reiseplanung und gibt gute Tipps! Das Zimmer hätte ein weniger geräumiger sein können. Für denjenigen, der lieber zurückgezogen ist und seine Ruhe haben will, ist dieses Guest House vielleicht nicht die richtige Wahl. Wer aber alleine reist, wird in diesen Familienbetrieb so herzlich aufgenommen, dass er/sie sich wie ein Familienmitglied vorkommt.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Grove Guest House

"My home in London"
05/11/15 Ubertomorico Parma, Italy
Honestly, absolutely ...... I live well at home Hazel. The most beautiful and welcoming house in London, ..................... perhaps around the world, perhaps of my entire life. Why? Because there is an air of familiarity, and communication, and simple life. Thanks Hazel to exist. Uberto
"Found our new home to stay in when visiting London!"
05/10/15 Suzie S Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Where to begin! Hazel is the warmest, friendliest and most knowledgeable hostess/B&B lady I've ever met! The house is old, warm, quirky, beautiful and full of interesting things and so homely. The room we stayed in was at the front of the house and was a lovely big size, light with lovely windows and a small en suite. It was clean and quirky! Gorgeous old furniture and a beautiful, comfortable bed to sleep in. Hazel is flexible with breakfast and cooks a cracking full english! Sitting around the big table felt like a family affair and we loved it. Hazel is full of fun and knowledge and nothing is too much trouble for her. She goes out of her way to make sure your stay is great and your adventures are safe and sorted! Have no worries if you don't know how to get around or haven't even decided what to do or see, Hazel will help :) Getting to London and back to Hazels was much easier than I thought and is a fabulous base. One which is now going to be our regular whenever we have London or near adventures to go on! I left feeling like Id made a new friend. And what a lovely, sweet, fun friend! Thank you so much Hazel, you and your B&B are gems! xx
"Mack"
05/05/15 Changmo
I couldn't have asked for a better host. Traveling solo, Hazel's hospitality and companionship was top notch, starting from the moment I first booked my stay. Very convenient location, rail station less than a 5 minute walk with markets and restaurants along the way. Easy commute from Liverpool Street Station or Stratford. Safe to walk around at night. My room was much larger than I had expected and the house was full of charming and conversational decor. I don't usually leave feedback, but Hazel more than deserves this one. I will surely return, that is certain :)
"Lovely Stay!"
05/02/15 kami73 Birmingham, United Kingdom
I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely B&B for a night. Had a very good sized bedroom with a comfortable bed.Hazel was an excellent host. Breakfast was lovely. Would certainly like to go and stay again.
"Fabulous Hazel"
04/23/15 lauri o Chicago, Illinois
We so enjoyed our stay with Hazel. We were celebrating our daughter's 7th birthday and Hazel did so much to make her feel special. Birthday cake, presents, horns to blow, we felt like family. Hazel's breakfast is wonderful and the guest house is in a neighborhood with easy access to downtown London. Hazel even drove us to the train station one morning!! Thanks Hazel, we will always remember the fun you provided.
"Home away from home"
04/17/15 TenekaW95 Dover, United Kingdom
Me and my friend stayed for a night and Hazel was such a great host, she gave us a map to use while around and gave us lifts to Stratford station. Perfect stay for the O2 we went to see Mcbusted, the overground was less than a 2minute walk which lead to Stratford Int where the underground went to the O2. The rooms were lovely and cosy, as was the bathroom, with all facilities easily accessible. The breakfast included was much better than that to have been had at a restaurant. Hazel was so friendly, worth the stay for sure!
"Grove Guest House Stay"
04/13/15 Janmucha Liverpool, United Kingdom
Great Stay at the Grove Guest House. Great hospitality from Hazel, will certainly being staying again in the near future, close to Forest Gate train station with excellent rail links to the City and London.
"Like family"
04/11/15 SC95000 Colombes
That was my first trip to London, all by myself, and I feel so lucky I got to stay at Hazel's! She is immensely friendly and warm, and it really felt being with family! I loved the neighborhood and the moments we spent together. Thank you su much!
"Fantastic B'n'B"
04/08/15 Simon R London, United Kingdom
Staying at Hazel's place feels more like being at home than being away, it's more like staying at the home of a good friend rather than a business owner. Hazel is really warm, generous and helpful and definitely merits the brilliant reviews she has on here. The room I stayed in was large, quiet and very comfortable. The breakfast was tailored to whatever I wanted and tasted magic. The train station is a few minutes walk down the road with very good links into London. A brilliant B'n'B.
"Wonderful place to stay"
04/07/15 William B Leipzig
I was for several times in London but i never had such a nice accomodation! Hazel can give you all the information you want to know about London, especially indiser-tips. The breakfast was exellent. Thank you Hazel!