All hotels in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
36 Pilrig street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH6 5AL, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

A bit farther from center city than their ad represents. You really cannot walk to train station or center city in less than 30 min. Busses are available. Sketchy area. Few options for food. Quiet street, but if you have a room facing back of hotel, you can hear neighbors and their kids. Breakfast was excellent. Room somewhat small, but this is a B an B, not a hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Wonderful experience....."
No complaints. When I return to Edinburgh, I will certainly stay here again. The bed and breakfast style accommodations are reasonably priced, comfortable, and convenient to restaurants, the bus stops, and city center. I wish I could have remained longer. Exceeded my expectations. Thanks!!
2 night trip Jun 11, 2015
Benjamin
"Acceptable"
Pleasant area & owner. Nice food, clean. Small room.
3 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Edward
"Wonderful B&B"
Nothing but good things to say about the Abbotsford Guest House: Warm, inviting...and a quick, walkable mile to the city center. Paola, our hostess, was so attentive and friendly. And her homemade, yet quick breakfasts, were a fantastic start to the site-seeing day. We were there for a full week and the B&B was a great home base. Plenty of restaurants, fast-food joints or pubs literally around the corner. Super-easy bus route if/when needed. I would absolutely recommend the Abbotsford Guest House...and hope to one day return.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Jay
"Cozy, convenient guest house"
We loved Abbotsford Guest House! It's a very cute place, with easy access to town. We walked there the first day and caught the bus back and forth on subsequent days. The bus stop is conveniently located and our hosts helpfully provided the bus numbers that we needed. The room was charming, clean and quite comfortable. WiFi access was free. We enjoyed breakfast there also. I would highly recommend this place!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Lorianne
"Great location and the best cappuccino in town"
Great locaton and only a few blocks from the beach, train station and downtown. My only complaint would be that the hotel is a bit dated but that wasn't a big concern to me. The service, food and wonderful cappuccinos make it worth a return visit.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Very nice guest house, bus service a few blocks away. We had to leave before 8:15 AM, so we missed breakfast. We were able to leave our bags when we arrived so we could spend the day sight-seeing and check in later which was convenient for us. Very nicely decorated and nicely maintained.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Marilyn Hoffman
"Beautiful house, lovely stay"
We really enjoyed our stay at Abbotsford Guest House. The owner was away while we were there but her daughter was really great and super helpful in answering all of our questions. The house is really beautiful with very pretty flowers out front. It's just a few bus stops away from Waverley station and all the big tourist attractions, which was very convenient. Our room was very clean and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was incredibly small and a little frustrating but we managed. Breakfast was delicious and there were lots of options, which was great. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2013
"British Open at Muirfield"
I flew to Edinburgh to attend the Open at Muirfield. Because I traveled alone, I booked a single room, shared bath at Abbotsford. The room was small but adequate. The bed was comfortable and the room had a sink. The shared bath was a few feet down a hall and quite sufficient. One negative to the room to me was the angled ceiling that opened to a window. I am 6'2" tall and banged my head several times. More an annoyance than anything. The other negative about my stay was not really the proprietor's fault. The weather for the first several days was unseasonably hot. These places do not have air conditioning and being on the top floor, became uncomfortably warm in the afternoon. I requested a fan and finally got one after a few days. Again, I really don't blame Paola but now she should be prepared for future heat waves. The breakfasts were good but the same every day. She offered cereals, pastry, and hot Scottish breakfast or any subset. The food was uniformly good. I do wish that Paola would open the dining room to the guests during the day. If I had been able to access that space during the hotter hours, it would have made my stay much more comfortable. The location is good and convenient as Edinburgh goes. Pilrig Street is off Leith Walk on the east side of town. As such, the drive to Muirfield was easy and fast (until I reached the course location). In summary, an affordable, convenient pleasant place to stay.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
"Convenient location with a View"
Great view of the Bay. Great restaurants within walking distance. Good breakfasts. Enthusiastic hostess. You'll get your exercise after walking back uphill from the ferry terminal.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013

"Work and Leisure"
Was just superb!! Felt comfortable close to city center just less than 20 min and flequent buses to the city center. Nice breakfast to kick start the day and very cheerful staff exceptional Paola the owner very accodative and flexible. I would definetly be staying in this place again.
3 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Policena
"Completely at Home"
We had a wonderful stay for four nights. Paola is a very warm, friendly, hostess and if you're there for more than one night she remembers what you have had for previous breakfasts, and asks if you'd like the same. Highly recommended.
4 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Gregory
"enjoyable stay"
very nice stay.friendly staff,great breakfast,comfortable room
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
paul
"Lovely comfy double bed."
Ideal location short walk from bars & Indian restaurants around Playhouse area. Very friendly & obliging by allowing us earlier access to our rooms to leave our bags prior to going to the races. Lovely comfy beds in our two double rooms.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"Spacious bedroom"
A 3 night stay in Edinburgh was made complete knowing that we had an excellent bedroom to get a decent nights sleep. Three ladies sharing one room that was very spacious, one double and two single beds, two double wardrobes, full length mirrors, plenty draw space, clean en-suite with thick fluffy towels etc. Cooked breakfast was served piping hot and fresh.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Teresa
"Beautiful Hotel!"
It was wonderful room and service. Pretty room and very comfortable. The only thing that I was not satisfied was the shower. The water pressure was extremely weak that it took long time to take shower and it was stressful. But other than that, it was one of the best hotel I have ever stayed.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
SAKI
"Lovely B & B easy to find and close to everything"
Lovely old building situated in Leith, walking distance to great cafes, restaurants and central city e.g Edinburgh Castle. The rooms and facilities were lovely - some could say a bit on the small side but we found them spotlessly clean and very nicely decorated with everything we needed. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was lovely.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Megan
"Great for the Playhouse"
Good hotel located within easy walking distance of the Edinburgh Playhouse and St James Centre. Breakfast was great. Staff very friendly and helpful and let us check-in early and leave our bags in the room. Parking is on the road outside the hotel which was busy when we arrived on a Saturday morning. We would use this hotel again.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"spot on"
The room was massive. The staff very lovely. Close to amenities. Smashing breakfast. Couldn't fault it.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Gillian
"Nice b&b - good breakfast!"
Nice b&b with lovely staff & good breakfasts a short walk away from the city centre. Also free street parking which is a big bonus
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Although I was there on business, this is ideal for those visiting Edinburgh for leisure purposes. The owner is a lovely lady who goes out of her way for you. I had the single room, which served my needs, but was cramped. Breakfast was grand, with a choice of good quality food and nice friendly staff. Overall a good stay, but next time I would book a double room.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Taff
"Nice guest house on a quiet street."
I had a wonderful time staying at the Abbotsford Guest House.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Nicolas
"Lovely service"
I went to Edinburgh to run the marathon. This guest house is walking distance to the start and the land lady was nicely catering to the needs of runners (early breakfast on race day). For someone who wants to spend their time in the centre of town, it might be a bit far out but still walkable. Plenty of busses, too. Room was comfortable and serviced every day. I would recommend this place without hesitation.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
m_runs
"Fantastic stay"
The room was very neat albeit slightly small. Very lovely B&B I will surely be coming back here!
4 night business trip May 12, 2014
"Cheap and effective"
Great staff, great breakfast, great location & great price
Other trip May 9, 2014
william
Very accommodating for an (extremely) early checkin - I'd been expecting that at best I might be able to drop off my bags there but was instead offered the room right away. Had difficulties finding shampoo in the (shared) bathroom. Small room but a very comfortable mattress.
2 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2014
"good hotel near to city centre"
Good hotel. The single rooms were clean, warm and the beds were really comfortable. They did not have their own bathroom so 4 rooms had to share (could be a bit busy in the mornings). Tea and coffee was available in the rooms and a television. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Sheila
"fantastic service with a smile"
This is my second two night stay in a single room, and i am returning for another stay in a few weeks, its clean, tidy and comfortable. Paola the manager/ owner is really helpful, and the breakfast is excellent. I felt the price was excellent value for money.
2 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
johnny
"Friendly welcome and great service"
We arrived early and were allowed access to our room where we left our bags. Our welcome was very friendly and we immediately felt at home. The breakfast next day was very good. Room and bed were small but clean and comfortable.Location is. Just about in Leith, so a bit of a walk to the city centre, but manageable.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Graham
"Great stay for a weekend away"
Comfortable, quiet room; hot shower; clean bathroom; great breakfast (there didn't seem to be much choice but not complaining at full Scottish every day); friendly staff. Would certainly stay here again.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
V
"Fantastic service & Very clean"
Paola is so lovely. She was very accommodating as I had to leave my luggage earlier than check in allowed and also had to leave it again after my check out. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable, I had the best night's sleep. I never tasted the breakfast as I was working and left early every day. Can only recommend this lovely B&B as it's not far from the centre and has fantastic transport links as well.
5 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
"Abbotsford stayover."
Only one night stayover. But on arrival made to feel very welcome.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Janice
The owner was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed our stay.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"Home away from home"
Central location to buses and walking distance not too far from city central. Lovely home and owners very helpful and gracious. Full cooked breakfasy was yummy. Quiet safe place to rest form families, singles or couples travelling. I would recommend this location and would stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Terri
"less than average"
strange customer service: had to wait a couple of days to have my bedside light bulb replaced. Breakfast is pretty so so. The room I was in was tiny and noisy (although not much she can do about the street noise). I would say this would be a good place to stay if you're on a really tight budget and it isn't summer, this was you can close the double glazed windows and cut out the noise. There may also be nicer rooms than the one I stayed in.
3 night business trip Jun 3, 2013
"Small hotel, but perfectly fine"
The hotel was fully booked when I stayed which meant breakfast was quite slow to be served. The options available were good, however only serving between 8am and 9am was a small window of time, and too late in the morning to make the most of before having to be at a work event. The room I stayed in was a good size and the bathroom was clean and tidy. The hotel is further from the center than I realised, but its walking distance just.
4 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
"value for money"
loved the city and the hotel was small friendly, clean and comfortable although not central we were local to buses which ran frequently.had a lovely stay and will return
2 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2013
chris
"comfy beds, spotlessly clean excellent breakfast"
We were two couples on our first visit to Edinburgh and would thoroughly recommend staying at The Abbotsford. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and when we asked for info about the sights and where to eat were given some good tips. Our rooms were spotless,beds very comfortable and the full Scottish breakfast was excellent.The walk into town was approx 15mins but buses are frequent. Well situated for Brittania moored at Leith Docks and City Centre. Good restaurants in close proximity especially La Favorita
2 night trip with friends Mar 2, 2013
"Comfortable b&b good location"
Comfortable, clean enough. Reasonable breakfast. Don't expect anything special but does the job for a few days. Good location
Other trip Dec 9, 2012
Darren

"Gute Lage - normales B&B"
Abbotsford Guest House liegt ca. 1,5km von Edinburgh Castle ziemlich zentral, aber ruhig in einer Seitenstraße. Die Busanbindung ins Zentrum gleich nebenan. Parkmöglichkeit war direkt vor dem B&B auf der Straße. Wir nutzen es für eine Nacht. Das Familienzimmer (Triple) war sehr klein, aber sauber.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Christine
DE
"deliziosa guest house"
piccola struttura non lontana dal centro, ben servita dai mezzi, gestita da una signora di origini italiane che parla benissimo la nostra lingua. Camera famigliare molto grande e bella. Ottima colazione scozzese.
3 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
anna
IT
"Mysigt guest house"
Väldigt bra Guest House med väldigt trevlig personal som hjälpte att boka bussresor och annat. Bra frukost och fina rum. Lite små rum kan vissa kanske tycka men för oss som inte spenderade så mycket tid på rummet gjorde det inget. Tar cirka 20 minuter att gå till centrum men det går bussar om man inte vill gå. Finns mataffärer i närheten. Fin stad i övrigt, finns massa att göra. Åk gärna på en dagstur upp i Högländerna!
4 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"Typiskt B&B!"
Central beläget B&B du går på 15 minuter till city center i E, lite slitet men ok, ingen vidare säng och den gnisslade. Bra frukost,.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Johan
SE
"Gutes Gästehaus in zentraler Lage"
Das Einzelzimmer nach hinten raus ist zwar nicht so schön, wie auf dem Hotelbild, aber dafür sehr ruhig und sogar mit einem Waschbecken ausgestattet. Man muß sich nur im Klaren sein, daß es sich um ein schönes Wohnhaus im viktorianischen Still handelt, dass sehr hellhörig ist. Wasserleitungen, die in den Dachgeschoßzimmern verlegt sind, sind dementsprechend hörbar, wenn das obige Bad benutzt wird. Das Frühstueck ist sehr schmackhaft und wird frisch zubereitet. Auch wie in der Beschreibung angegebene Hilfe bei der Reiseplanung ist sehr zuvorkommend. Die zentrale Lage (Busverbindung fast vor der Haustür) ist sehr hilfreich. Alles in allem ein sehr schöner Aufenthalt und jederzeit wiederholbar.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2015
Brigitte Mathilde
DE
"まあまあでした"
ウェイブリー駅からは徒歩で約15分位で少し遠いですが、途中にレストランや深夜まで営業しているスーパー等があるので便利でした。 朝食は基本メニューは一緒ですが、フルブレックファスト(卵、ベーコン、 ソーセージ、マッシュルーム、豆)か、これらのうち好きなものだけをリクエストすると、トーストと共に出来たてをサーブしもらえるのでとても良かったです。 不便だなと感じたところは、Wi-Fiが部屋では繋がりにくかった事(時間によっては繋がる時もあった)、シャワーと トイレが建物に一箇所しかないので、タイミングが悪いと待たなければならない事です。 それ以外は朝食やオーナーの方も優しい方だったのでまあまあかなぁ…と 思います。
4 night trip Dec 29, 2014
JP
"Great location, traditional B & B"
500 yards walk to Elm Row. Quiet part of the city.
2 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"hôtel cher et single room bof"
assez bien situé dans une rue calme, chambre single très bof, toilette dans la salle de bain donc bof, mais salle de bain propre ; accueil à l'arrivée correct
Other trip Oct 30, 2014