All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
42 Phitsanulok Road, Dusit, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10300, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Great room
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
See previous review of our stay at this lovely and outstanding hotel.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Incredible Hotel with Wonderful People!"
Staying in Bangkok over the winter vacation was a delight, made all the more special by this beautiful, elegant, and yet still simple hotel. The staff were friendly and supportive, the view from our balcony was very bangkok, and the breakfast was amazing (which was the highlight for me). The only downside was the location. Taxi drivers in Bangkok are generally not helpful to foreigners, which makes it all the more difficult to get to this hotel. Though not a terrible location (about a 20 minute walk to Kaosan Rd.) it's not easy to find, but when you do it's worth it to spend a few nights in this one of a kind lodging. It can't be said enough how friendly and helpful the staff are (especially the manager), the only thing that I can give back to them for my magical stay is to rate their unique and fun getaway spot a perfect 5 out of 5. Well done SSIP! It would be a pleasure to spend my time in Thailand under your roof sometime in the near future.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
Jordan
A very nice place to stay in Bangkok. I would reccomend it to my friends.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Tired of hotels?"
If you are tired of hotels, then this is a great alternative. It is basically a very, clean, glorified guesthouse, so do not expect all the amenities of a 4 star hotel. (i.e. There was no iron on the premises.) However, you can expect a more relaxing, non-sterile atmosphere. The breakfast was good, although it is Thai-style. Two notes of caution: Allow plenty of extra time to get to the airport if you have a morning flight. There is a train crossing that can cause major traffic; it took 45 minutes to go the 3km to the airport train stop. Also, this is not somewhere you want to be if the protests get violent...unless you like a lot of action. But otherwise perfectly fine at any time and a great spot to see many of the key sites.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2014
Thai Traveler
"Lovely place"
Had a nice stay at SSIP on short stop in Bangkok. The hotel is well maintained and clean. The room I stayed in was spacious . Breakfast in the morning was delicious and they kindly accommodated a vegetarian diet. It's easy to get to Grand Palace and major temples by boat and Khao San Road is a 15-20 minute walk. Otherwise a little far from center of town and I had a hard time finding a taxi driver who knew how to get there. The staff is great, friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"Personal service"
We had a great stay at the SSIP boutique hotel. Front desk staff are extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They gave us very personal advice on options as tourists and how to get to places. Just as an example: We wanted to got to a nice rooftop bar with a bit of a view, and got a great recommendation, they even made a booking for us. This was not one of the bars in the tourist guides, which apparently are often overpriced and with difficult dress code. The breakfast at the hotel is Thai and cooked to order (need to chose and indicate time the night before). It was very good every time. The location is good but not near the metro. So one needs to use tuk tuks or taxis to get to places. Hotel staff were very helpful fetching rides for us and making sure we paid the local fixed price (tuk tuk) or got a metered fare (taxi). These fares are cheap. We have nothing negative to say at all about the hotel. It was 100% a great experience.
4 night romance trip May 16, 2013

"Great customer service"
The staff were brilliant the whole time we were there - so kind and thoughtful, and full of good advice on where to go and what to see.
3 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Excellent hotel, will stay here again next trip
3 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Kara-Lilly
"Value for money"
Staff were very warm and helpful. They ask about your departure flight even upon arrival and organize transport. Very helpful with directions. The room is basic but clean and comfortable. Location is walking distance to the river and local markets.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
PH
"Great Stay!"
Great stay! Supurb service. One of their staff accompanied to 7-11 to get a sim card. Great breakfast. My best experience in Thailand!
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
LEYUAN
"Cozy boutique hotel"
Good breakfast, warm service and comfortable room.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Joey
MY
"A treasure in Bangkok!"
SSIP is a marvelous guest house. The room was impeccable and the Thai breakfasts were amazing! Ssip is a wonderful host and very helpful.
5 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Christian
"Feels Like Home"
The hotel has a very nice ambiance with an old house feel to it. This is a good thing because you really feel the warmth and hospitality of the hosts. This is the only hotel that I've stayed where I really felt like home. The breakfast served is authentic Thai cuisine which is very delicious and very filling. The service of the hosts Pat and Cake are top notch. It's really quiet there so you can really enjoy your sleep and privacy. The hotel is quite far from the city center but it is near a river port so you can ride the boat to avoid the city traffic. One thing they need to address is how to easily find the location of the hotel since most taxi drivers don't know (or pretends not to know) the hotel location. One suggestion is to put big signs on major roads pointing to the direction of the hotel and also a big sign at the hotel frontage. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at our hotel and we won't hesitate to stay there again. Kudos to Pat and Cake for a job well done!
3 night romance trip Oct 19, 2013
Honeymooners
PH
"cosy and traditional"
quiet, cosy and comfortable stay in unfussed and traditional surroundings. Staff very friendly and helpful. lovely Thai Breakfast served at Table. Spacious Rooms. Excellent overall value. Will stay again.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
CABIOUSWILLTRAVEL
"Clean, tidy and friendly staff"
Had a very good stay with SSIP. Highly recommend.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2013
Louise
"As cozy as home"
Clean and cozy hotel which makes you feel like home. Very nice and helpful staff. Beautiful interiors and good sound isolation. We liked Thai style breakfast and the way it was served. Will definitely recommend this hotel especially for tourists who seek to plunge into atmosphere of thai life. The only drawback we could find is surrounding neighborhood.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2013

very nice room, breakfast and clerks. but very hard to find that hotel and little bit far from kaosan
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2016
ShinJung
"잘쉬고왔어요"
안은내집처럼완전편안합니다 아주아주조용해서 그냥 독채를 사용하는듯한분위기예요 도심호텔과는 또다른분위기예요 카오산이랑 가까워서 편하긴한데 태국사람들이 사는 곳에 덩그라니 있다보니....택시타고 계속 이동해야해요 왠지 시골에 와 있는분위기고 직원분들도 가족같은 분위기라 나쁘지 않지만....도심분위기를 원하시면 비추!!!!!! 블로그 작성하신분....보고 예약했는데 돈받고 작성한것같은 약간의 과장된 팁들이 첨엔 넘 실망스러워서 욕좀했습니다... 그래도 직원분들이 친절하고 왠지 시골분위기에 조용해서 약간은 힐링되는듯한 시간들였어요 창문을 열수있어서 무엇보다 답답했던 호텔보단....좋았다는 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
1 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2015
mikyoung
"카오산과 가까운... 친절!"
아담하고 청결했습니다 리셉셔니스트가 무척 친절히 잘 챙겨주셨어요 카오산로드에서 걸어왔는데 그럭저럭 걸을만한 거리여서 비용절약도 되었네요 아침 식사도 무척 마음에 들더군요 다음에도 숙박하고 싶네요
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Baejin
"服务非常好的酒店"
酒店服务非常的贴心,前台小哥很帅,早餐很棒
3 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
MIN
CN
"또 방콕에 간다면, 이곳에서 다시 묵겠어요!"
늦은 시간 도착했는데도 친절하게 체크인을 해주셨는데- 마치... 친척집에 방문한 느낌이들 정도로 친절하셨고, 시설도 아늑했어요. 가기 전. 후기들을 보며... 위치때문에 걱정을 했는데 걸어서 15분정도의 위치에 왕궁과 두싯zoo가 있어서 저희 코스에는 딱이었어요! 카오산로드도 택시타고 움직여서 십분 안쪽이었고요~ 숙박에 포함된 조식을 꼭 이용하시면 좋을 것 같아요! 정말 맛있거든요!!! 객실을 비롯한 호텔의 모든 것들이 깨끗하게 유지되고 있었어요. 객실의 마루바닥이 어찌나 깨끗한지... 윤이날 정도였어요. 개인적으로 맨발로 바닥을 걸을때 뽀득뽀득거리는 느낌을 좋아하는데... 사실 호텔에서 그러길 기대하진 않지요... 와우.. 정말 관리를 구석구석 잘하신다는 느낌을 받았어요. "정성"이 느껴지더라고요. 방콕에서 4박을 하며 묵었던 호텔중에 가장 기억에 남습니다.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
hyejeong kim
KR
"Awesome breakfast, nice room, good service"
We enjoy a stay at the hotel. The actual room is nicer more than its offer in the picture. The breakfast is awesome with nice decoration. We had a best breakfast ever through its appearance. The receptionist is lovely. However, I was quite disappointed with Hotels.com. I chose a room with 3 persons on Hotels.com and it showed me this hotel. I booked and I thought I paid for 3 persons. When I arrived, I was asked to pay for an extra charge for the extra bed due to the room I booked just is for 2 persons. Hotels.com didnt notify me earlier and it made me think the price I paid is for all.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Dong
VN
"EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Nous avons passé 3 nuits dans cet hôtel. Quelle agréable surprise, personnel adorable, petit dej Thaï excellent, qui change tous les matins. Chambre, sanitaire très propres, literie confortable. Coffre fort dans la chambre.. Bref que du positif. Seul petit point négatif ... le coq !!! bien qu'on ne l'entende pas de toutes les chambres Perso j'avais des bouchons et je ne l'ai absolument pas entendu. Je ne peux que recommander cet hôtel, dont le personnel se plie en 4 pour votre confort. Excellent rapport qualité prix.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Claude
FR
"Goooood"
It was really nice My parents love this hotel. This hotel is clean and everyone is kind. Our flight was early in the morning, but they provided us with taxi and even breakfast. If I visit Bangkok in the future, I will definitely reserve this hotel again.
5 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
Yu Kyung
KR
"Quartier sympa et authentique"
La gérante qui s'appelle ssip est incroyable au meme titre que son hotel et son personnel Des petits déjeuners varies (vous ne mangerez jamais tous les jours la même chose et ce malgré que nous ayons prolongé notre séjour dans son hotel et sommes restés 16 jours Un travail quotidien remarquable de la part de l'équipe avec des attentions quotidiens et personnalisés Le top du top si vous rechercher une approche authentique a la culture thai avec en prime quelques détours chinoises de part la double origine de la gérante Extraordinaire a tout point de vue
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
alex
FR
"작고 예쁜 부띠끄 호텔"
여행자로선 위치가... 너무 안타깝긴 합니다만 BTS등지에서 가까웠다면 가갹도 훨씬 더 비쌌겠죠. 호텔 자체는 직원분의 무한친절서비스 덕분에 감동이지만 의외로 옆방과의 방음이 잘 안되네요.. 처음엔 너무 외진 곳 아닌가 걱정했지만 바로 옆부터 카오산 가는 길 내내 시장 분위기라 걷는데 심심치 않구요. 이틀간 밤늦게 걸어들어오는데 꽤 안전한 길거리네요. 택시나 뚝뚝을 이용할땐 기사가 잘 모를까봐 친절하게 설명해 놓은(태국어로도 쓰여 있는) 약도도 줍니다. 씨암까지 길막혀도 120바트 정도 나오는거 같네요. 아침식사도 너무 정갈하고 정성스럽게 나오며 맛도 좋습니다. 나중에 다시 오고 싶은 호텔입니다~!
2 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2014
jae eun
"清潔なホテル"
スタッフのサービスが良い、室内は広くて清潔。古い市街地に位置し、夜間も少し騒がしいが、コンビニも近くにあり快適に過ごせた。
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
スタッフの対応が優れている。朝食が美味しい。シャワー温度が低い
4 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"非常親切的服務與乾淨的客房"
整體來說, 環境非常清潔. 早餐非常特別而且好吃. 服務部份讓我非常滿意!!尤其是值夜班的服務人員,總是護送我特早、特晚的行程.讓我很有安全感. 交通部份雖然有些不方便,但卻是很好體驗當地生活的機會.
4 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Monica
TW
"賓至如歸的整體感覺"
房間內十分清潔,地板上甚至沒有看到半根毛髮。迎賓果汁及冰箱內的玻璃瓶裝水一整個讓人驚喜,出去玩回來後還提供傳統的泰國小點心,以及豐盛美味且充滿當地特色的早餐,令人難以忘懷。服務人員英文能力佳,溝通可確實了解房客所需並適時提供旅遊建議,唯地點離市中心有段距離,如果有機會,下次仍會選擇此處作為旅行的休憩站。
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
2 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Manfred
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for SSIP Boutique Dhevej Bangkok

"A Welcoming Oasis in the Hustle and Bustle of Bangkok"
01/19/16 lean23 Kuantan
Such a lovely place to come back to after a tiring day of wandering around busy Bangkok. Simple and tasteful decor in the rooms and the dining place. Surprisingly quiet for a place so near to the Thewet market. Location is another bonus ... just 10 minutes walk to the Thewes Pier (N15) for the Chao Praya Express Boats, good food close by and great spa at Health Land (15 mins from the N12 Pier). Friendly and helpful staff who made the stay in SSIP simply unforgettable! Will definitely come back to stay.
"Very warm welcome from great staff - always attentive to our needs"
01/15/16 DavidBrixton London, United Kingdom
I would recommend this hotel as it's location is just out of the madness of Kao Sahn road and near enough to the old city which makes it an ideal retreat when Bangkok can get a bit frantic. It's close proximity to the river is very handy for some exciting boat rides. The customer service was very high standard with a real attention to detail regarding anticipating your needs, especially if you are new to Bangkok - highly recommend it.
"Hidden gem in the city of smiles"
01/03/16 kelley l
The boutique hotel has excellent staff to help you resolve any problems. They go extra miles to make your day. Had a wonderful experience with them -- clean and spacious room, delicious breakfast and they provide information to tourist spots worth visiting! Will definitely stay with them again next time!
"SSIP - Excellent Option"
01/02/16 lisamg2016 San Salvador Department, El Salvador
We are a family of 5 adults. I had a lot of contact with the SSIP owner before going with many general questions about Bangkok and checking out what was worth seeing, considering the short time we had there. She was very helpful and her recommendations were great. We were in two rooms and both were lovely, comfortable and clean. The breakfasts were very good too. Her staff was outstanding, extremely helpful...at all hours. A wonderful experience! Definitely get her to send you, ahead of time, (electronically) a map to the hotel with written directions in Thai for your taxi/tut tut driver. Keep the map with you as you go sight seeing. It was always helpful to show it to the driver rather than trying to explain how to get to the hotel.
"Excellent service!"
12/21/15 Benjamin D
Very friendly and helpful staff, quiet location in chaotic Bangkok! Accommodations not highly luxurious but clean and comfortable. Thai breakfast excellent. Highly recommended to anyone wanting a base to see the many sights of Bangkok.
"tour of Bangkok"
12/13/15 Donald W Rians, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
We wanted a 3 day stop over to experience the capital. The SSIP hotel was quiet, spacious and clean. A very suitable base to visit the main attractions. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again and happy to recommend,
"Great boutique B and B "
11/28/15 togher64 perth western australia
Fabulous small boutique hotel/B and B very friendly and clean with large comfortable rooms. If you are looking for something a little more traditional and away from mainstream large hotels this is definitely the place. Located amongst local street stalls and nearby to awesome fresh food market enjoyed our one night. Breakfast served was great, fresh and tasty Thai breakfast, including chicken/pork rice, chicken broth, deep fried puffs, fresh fruit and rice porridge with fresh juice, tea and coffee!
"Lovely"
11/13/15 LJean72 Toronto, Canada
Wonderful clean, quiet cool oasis in a hot, loud dirty city. I loved Bangkok but perhaps would have found it too much without this lovely hotel to return to. Excellent staff and service. Hotel is up to North American standards and the service is twice the standard! Neighborhood is very typical Bangkok and some may not appreciate that, but then I'm not sure if those people would want to stay in Bangkok at all. Communication via email prior to arriving is excellent. Breakfast is Thai, beautiful and plentiful . My vegetarian with no eggs or dairy request was readily accommodated. Much too much for anyone to eat . Bring a Tupperware container and you have a take away lunch. Metered Taxi to main attractions is 50-100 baht. Staff is excellent about explaining to the driver where you want to go. Pier is a 5 minute walk , 14 baht by River to main attractions. Plus you go through an interesting market. Only drawback is although the website stated no children under 8, I did have a screaming baby in my " adjoining " room a few nights. Unsure of what happened there. Perhaps the guest did not realize and the hotel was kind enough to honor their booking? However, I am certain if I complained I would have been moved. The truth is, I loved my room and I was so tired at night it didn't matter. Even though initially that was a criteria for me, I would not hesitate to book here again. If you are looking for a clean, safe place where staff can help you find your footing in Bangkok, you have found it . Exceeded my expectations in every way.
"Home-like Atmosphere"
11/03/15 dusita5380 Bangkok, Thailand
We had a wonderful time at SSIP! The bus stop and the pier are near the hotel, so we can easily catch a bus to downtown and a boat to Asiatique at night! What I like the most about SSIP is service and staffs! Best service ever! The staffs are very helpful and friendly, very attentive to detail. They helped us deal with all difficulties we faced during our stay! The breakfast is also very delicious. They served us so much in the morning, enough to make us full all day!! Hahaha! The decoration of the breakfast table is also exquisite and the dessert is especially tasty! Thank you so much for all your help. You really make us feel at home!
"Wonderful, relaxing hotel."
10/27/15 870barbara Forfar, United Kingdom
We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our stay in this attractive hotel. The staff were friendly, very helpful and provided a first class service. The rooms were relaxing, spacious, spotless and full of character. We slept so well. The highlight was the Thai breakfast. Delicious food was presented so beautifully. Attention to detail was clearly evident. We were so pleased with our experience in this hotel, we returned for the final night of our holiday with our son and girlfriend.