All hotels in Waterford, Ireland
You can collect® Rewards nights here
Mile Post Village, Slieverue, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean beds, terrible mattresses, bathroom had mold on the ceiling and in the shower. Nice staff.
1 night trip with friends Sep 8, 2015

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

Good for my requirements. breakfast early very helpful
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
G Carter
"Country comfort"
We only stayed one night on our way through to Dublin. It was a lovely spot. Very close to Waterford.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2013

The following reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"Yo no lo recomiendo."
La habitación no estaba limpia, dificultad al llegar, ya que no está clara la dirección, gracias que busqué las coordenadas GPS con Google earth, si no hubiera sido imposible de encontrar. la habitación era grande pero había telarañas en las ventanas y muy poca luz, se echaba de menos la limpieza. El desayuno bien.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"Preiswert außerhalb"
Schon älteres Haus aber in Schuss. Für Preis kann man nicht mehr erwarten, nur das Frühstück war hinsichtlich der Auswahl schwach.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Diamond Hill Country House

"Working in Waterford"
10/21/15 david d
Quick call and Benny left me with no option to book. So 5 of us booked in for the week. He invited us to his home and what a home, welcoming, clean and a friendly atmosphere. The rooms were spotless, large and all on suite. Each room has its on kettle and tea coffee and milk. Just brilliant. And a nice chair to relax on. Home away from home.And each man that stayed here has commented on the bed, you fall asleep and you wake up the next morning in the same place, comfort you can't buy.
"Ok nothing special"
09/20/15 CheshireKaz Cheshire
Warm welcome by owner Benny however hotel had a bleach smell about it. A Yankee candle was lit to mask the smell. Room was huge, comfortable bed, hairdryer and tea making facilities available. Breakfast was a bit chaotic too many guests not enough seating. Not the best breakfast but choice was adequate. Coffee very strong. Location about 4 km from the town but not on a bus route. Plus was there was a pub about 100 yards from b & b.
"Diamond Hills Stay"
09/01/15 Lyn K San Diego, California
The rooms were spotless, quiet, and a very good (complimentary) breakfast was served - Irish in my case. Our host , the owner, couldn't have been more helpfulI. i (we) heartily recommend this hotel. The hotel is fairly easy to find (just off a national highway) and had plenty of parking.
"A true gem"
08/08/15 Ger M
What can I say about this guest house. ..I've stayed in lots of hotels..and to be honest Diamond hill is up there with them all..beautiful setting. .spotless clean...rooms are lovely and bed was just so comfortable. .owner is one of the nicest guys you could meet...I don't know why anyone would pick a hotel in the area with this fantastic facility available. ..One of the very best ever...
"Not bad, but nothing special "
07/26/15 wcgibbons Galway, Ireland
Stayed in a family room for one night. It's fine for one night, but the bed was noisy (mattress springs) and not very comfortable. The room was a good size, and was clean and tidy, if a bit dated in decor. The ensuite was a good size too, and the shower had plenty of hot water. Breakfast was standard enough, tasty, a bit on the small and basic side, but okay. Location is rural, so allow for a drive if you want to drop into Waterford for a look around.
"A bit rough round the edges "
07/19/15 Tamcf Dublin
Selected this B&B based on the Trip Advisor Reviews. My experience was a polar opposite to the majority of views. On arrival we were met by a girl who gave us our key. She never told us anything about breakfast or checkout time. A very impersonal interaction. When we opened the door to the room we were met with a quite pronounced musty smell and 2 double beds with the most horrendous 1980's duvet covers - not even ironed, totally creased. An ancient television, tiny shower room. I really wanted to leave however my other half was so tired, I decided to tough it out. The double bed was ok, however the pillows were like 2 bags of cement they were that hard. In fairness, the breakfast was excellent. Cooked from scratch and really tasty. Can't say anything about the hosts - never met them! I felt €90 was far too expensive for the room. I would be loathe to recommend the Diamond Hill Hotel unfortunately to any of my friends. I think they could do with getting Francis & John Brennan in to update and upgrade their establishment.
"Warm Irish hospitality at its best"
07/05/15 Michael S London, United Kingdom
My wife found this hotel (B&B) as we were looking for somewhere to stay whilst we travelled around Waterford. It is tucked away just off the R711 Road and a very quiet location. The owner, Benny Smith, is a real gentleman who goes out of his way to make sure you are happy, nothing was too much trouble. We were given the best room in the hotel overlooking the front of the hotel along with beautiful views of the countryside and hills. Located about 80mtrs to the pub and post box was handy, as was the local Lidl store just along the road for your other needs. We would highly recommend this venue as a stopover if you want peace, warm hospitality and a friendly atmosphere. Veggie sausages at breakfast would be a great option :-))
"One of the best"
07/04/15 SharminaH Dublin
Full stars for this home. Very welcoming. I was traveling with my husband who had work from 9-6. I was allowed an early check in. Along with that we explained that we are fasting the month of Ramadan and would have to have breakfast at 2.30 am. The kitchen was shown to us and we came down at around 2.40 to find a table set up for the both us. Perfect Irish hospitality. Room was cosy. Attention to the needs of their guests was just amazing. I checked out the following day but was welcomed to wait in the guest lounge until I was ready to leave. Absolutely brilliant. Gave Waterford a great name.
"As good as a hotel at half the price"
06/14/15 Majorconhen Coleraine
Loved my one night here. It was a great value, clean and friendly place. Will definitely be back here. I had a room facing the evening sun and sat at the large window sunbathing. My only disappointment was the fact I could not have stayed longer in the area to avail of this accommodation.
"Quite nice place"
05/19/15 Fernando R
Stayed here one night with my fiancée during spring. It's a very cozy place with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Staff was very friendly. And in the morning, the included breakfast was great - juice, tea or coffee, some sort of starter and the main, which for me was the Irish breakfast. The only con if the place is the distance to Waterford, where we were actually visiting. It's some 45 minutes walking distance. If you have a car, they have a parking lot so no worries. I paid around 60 euro for both so it was a great deal!
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews