All hotels in Waterford, Ireland

• 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

Good for my requirements. breakfast early very helpful
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
G Carter
"Country comfort"
We only stayed one night on our way through to Dublin. It was a lovely spot. Very close to Waterford.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
Lyn

"Preiswert außerhalb"
Schon älteres Haus aber in Schuss. Für Preis kann man nicht mehr erwarten, nur das Frühstück war hinsichtlich der Auswahl schwach.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
CH

TripAdvisor reviews for Diamond Hill Country House

"A true gem"
08/08/15 Ger M
What can I say about this guest house. ..I've stayed in lots of hotels..and to be honest Diamond hill is up there with them all..beautiful setting. .spotless clean...rooms are lovely and bed was just so comfortable. .owner is one of the nicest guys you could meet...I don't know why anyone would pick a hotel in the area with this fantastic facility available. ..One of the very best ever...
"Not bad, but nothing special "
07/26/15 wcgibbons Galway, Ireland
Stayed in a family room for one night. It's fine for one night, but the bed was noisy (mattress springs) and not very comfortable. The room was a good size, and was clean and tidy, if a bit dated in decor. The ensuite was a good size too, and the shower had plenty of hot water. Breakfast was standard enough, tasty, a bit on the small and basic side, but okay. Location is rural, so allow for a drive if you want to drop into Waterford for a look around.
"A bit rough round the edges "
07/19/15 Tamcf Dublin
Selected this B&B based on the Trip Advisor Reviews. My experience was a polar opposite to the majority of views. On arrival we were met by a girl who gave us our key. She never told us anything about breakfast or checkout time. A very impersonal interaction. When we opened the door to the room we were met with a quite pronounced musty smell and 2 double beds with the most horrendous 1980's duvet covers - not even ironed, totally creased. An ancient television, tiny shower room. I really wanted to leave however my other half was so tired, I decided to tough it out. The double bed was ok, however the pillows were like 2 bags of cement they were that hard. In fairness, the breakfast was excellent. Cooked from scratch and really tasty. Can't say anything about the hosts - never met them! I felt €90 was far too expensive for the room. I would be loathe to recommend the Diamond Hill Hotel unfortunately to any of my friends. I think they could do with getting Francis & John Brennan in to update and upgrade their establishment.
"Warm Irish hospitality at its best"
07/05/15 Michael S London, United Kingdom
My wife found this hotel (B&B) as we were looking for somewhere to stay whilst we travelled around Waterford. It is tucked away just off the R711 Road and a very quiet location. The owner, Benny Smith, is a real gentleman who goes out of his way to make sure you are happy, nothing was too much trouble. We were given the best room in the hotel overlooking the front of the hotel along with beautiful views of the countryside and hills. Located about 80mtrs to the pub and post box was handy, as was the local Lidl store just along the road for your other needs. We would highly recommend this venue as a stopover if you want peace, warm hospitality and a friendly atmosphere. Veggie sausages at breakfast would be a great option :-))
"One of the best"
07/04/15 SharminaH Dublin
Full stars for this home. Very welcoming. I was traveling with my husband who had work from 9-6. I was allowed an early check in. Along with that we explained that we are fasting the month of Ramadan and would have to have breakfast at 2.30 am. The kitchen was shown to us and we came down at around 2.40 to find a table set up for the both us. Perfect Irish hospitality. Room was cosy. Attention to the needs of their guests was just amazing. I checked out the following day but was welcomed to wait in the guest lounge until I was ready to leave. Absolutely brilliant. Gave Waterford a great name.
"As good as a hotel at half the price"
06/14/15 Majorconhen Coleraine
Loved my one night here. It was a great value, clean and friendly place. Will definitely be back here. I had a room facing the evening sun and sat at the large window sunbathing. My only disappointment was the fact I could not have stayed longer in the area to avail of this accommodation.
"Quite nice place"
05/19/15 Fernando R
Stayed here one night with my fiancée during spring. It's a very cozy place with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Staff was very friendly. And in the morning, the included breakfast was great - juice, tea or coffee, some sort of starter and the main, which for me was the Irish breakfast. The only con if the place is the distance to Waterford, where we were actually visiting. It's some 45 minutes walking distance. If you have a car, they have a parking lot so no worries. I paid around 60 euro for both so it was a great deal!
"Cheap but cheerful"
02/04/15 TonyDublin_Ireland Dublin, Ireland
Spent an overnight at the Diamond Hill Country Club hotel while on business. Property is a guest house/ hotel but was excellent value at €35 B&B for a single toom. The place is spacious withe free on-site parking and wifi and crucially, breakfast available from 6.30am. The sleep comfort was good - rooms are basic but comfortable - small problem with fitting on the shower but water was hot and pressure was good. Helpful and friendly staff member and I would definitely consider it again for a nearby spot to stay to Waterford - about a five minute drive to the city centre...
"A Happy memory added to a wonderful trip"
12/02/14 Alan R Hesperia, California, United States
We felt SO welcomed by Benny and Katy ! They were perfect hosts with stories, conversation and trip recommendations. The views from the rooms were lovely including the incredibly well maintained industrial equipment on the hillside that made an old engineer's heart glad.
"Such a Lovely Stay"
12/01/14 luckypaula Los Angeles, California
We had a fantastic stay here! Benny & Katie were amazing and their place is the perfect get away. We felt so taken care of - it was the perfect cure for jet lag :) The area was quiet and beautiful. We stopped on our way from Dublin (after a fun stop in Glendalough). Benny also helped with some amazing suggestions for the rest of our trip!