All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1757 James Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Food is not good
    Dirty
    Bad internet service
"Don't go!!!"
It was the worse place we stayed in Miami
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Skip the Studios"
The pictures give a new meaning to the word "photoshopped". The room is completely stripped down and void of anything including a garbage can. The tile in the bathroom is old and taped up under the sink. The blinds had pieces missing and I had to put up a towel. The tv is circa 1980. I pulled a huge clump of hair out of the sink. I guess you have to ask for clean towels because I used the same ones all weekend...the bed was noisy and lumpy...there is no need to go on and on. When I checked out over the phone and was asked how it was and I briefly stated my concerns, I just got a "sorry". I have stayed in the Richmond 3 times. It is fine. The property is fine and close to the beach but skip the studios.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
michele
"check in was not in the same location of the room."
Location was not clear at the time of booking. We should be aware of that. It was very stressful to find the check in place. Very old room. Liking on the bathroom sink.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
The room was bad. Not at all like the picture on the website.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
"Yikes"
Room was infested with mosquitoes. When the room was changed, the new room was infested with mosquitoes as well. We went and bought bug spray because our room was not changed. Our bed was broken in the middle and was reported but not addressed. One of the lady managers was sweet. Thank FeF
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Hotel was awfull"
The water was cold and no hot water or warm water for a shower. The hotel did not fix the shower water or move me in a different room. The tub was clogged so all the water sat in the tub from the cold shower I had to take each day. The fridge was not cold enough so my food spoiled. The worst part is all my packing material for the Swim show was on the top shelve of the closet and after 5 days at this room 2 days before i was to pack up everything and come home all my packing materials were gone and thrown out. Never will I stay there again.
7 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
"Clean and cozy"
Enjoyed every second of my stay at the studios! Definitely looking forward to my stay with these guys next year :D
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
jaime
"good location close to shopping dining beach"
cozy feeiling of a private condo clean, very private entrance nice quiet area but close to everything. Economical modest accomodation.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Jaime
"The perfect location in South Beach!"
This was my third time visiting South Beach and this was by far my favorite location to be in. You're two blocks from shops and cafes on Lincoln Road. For going out you're within walking distance of a bunch of clubs/lounges and near some of the BEST restaurants. You're a little farther from the strip near Lummus Park but I found that area to be almost too loud/wild and prefer to be above 15th street. I also loved the pool and beach access at The Richmond Studios. The beach chairs and umbrella are $20 for the day (for two) but it was definitely worth the money (no back cramps from laying directly on the sand)!
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Erica
"Don't have great expectations"
We had a few days for Memorial Day and this was the best option available. We had the apartment which was quite comfortable for what it was. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was not very clean and there was a strange leak emanating out of the toilet. The sink in the kitchennette was a little wobbled. The TV was atrocious. It was a 13" TV from the 90s placed in front of the bed and not even at eye level. We had to prop it up on the suit case rack to be able to even see it. We didn't have a phone the entire time we were there. We had to use our cellphones for any calls for food delivery or to the front desk at the property accross the way. It worked out for us because it was far enough away from the madness of south beach on Memorial Day and close enough to the beach - one block away.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
nalissa
"beware"
The information concerning the amenities is totally inaccurate. The information seems to be for the sister hotel a couple of blocks away. This property does not have staff or concierge service. When you arrive to check in you find a sign you must go to hotel a couple of blocks away to check in. This is an apartment building that is being converted to hotel rooms. No, pool, spa or on site place to eat. The room is a very nice size and is close to the convention center. Paint was peeling . This place could be very nice with some work and furnishing
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Richmond Studios: They're like jail cell."
No tables & chairs. No working coffee pot. No hooks in the bath. A television from 1990. It was like a jail cell. You cannot check in at the Studios. One must go around the corner to the hotel. What a pain to learn when you get there. No parking except paid parking across the street @ $35.00 a day. Built in 1953, it stayed the same in 2015. All the downtown hotels are old and decrepit. Better to stay at the Marriott and take the shuttle buses.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Car & Susan
"Not what we expected"
The room was not what we expected. We stayed in the studio apts. Shower leaked all over the floor overtime we used it. No matter how many times the toilet was cleaned the bathroom smelled like urine. We were expecting a kitchen not a beer fridge and a microwave. TV was very small. We wanted to change rooms but the wanted an extra 50 dollars a night. Room looked different then the pictures on line
Other trip May 11, 2015
Kimmy
"Oceanfront "middle class" SOBE hotel"
Nice pool and hot tub ON south beach, hotel is old needs some updates but it was clean, and reasonably priced for the great location. Who spends time in the room anyway in SOBE?
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Nate
"Great location and price!"
Fantastic location right on the beach, great, warm pool and not-too-hot jacuzzi, airport express and other buses right outside the door. TV set and remote control barely working and too complicated to use at all.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Great concept of local living. Not so great if you're looking for hotel perks on location. Having to walk around the block to check in and out as well as for use of the pool is a little inconvenient.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
AC
"Avoid this slum of a hotel.."
Dirty unkept, Tv was broken, lamps didn't work, blinds could not close, floors were dirty, staff was very rude, or too slow to respond. Spend a little more money and completely avoid this sleezy place. I would'nt recommend this as even a hotel for dogs only..
1 night trip Feb 25, 2015
"Stressful and uncomfortable"
We were looking for a room for the night before leaving on a cruise the next day. We booked the room and arrived at said location only to hd told we were just picking up the key and the room was in another location. Not knowing the area and city was stressful enough, but the staff were rude and unhelpful. It cost another $30 to park our car. We had to lug our luggage for blocks. The room was simple and clean. The bed was the most uncomfortable mattress EVER. It was like a futon mattress on this trendy bed low on the floor with no box spring. Needless to say, it was a BAD experience! I cried.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Dee
"AWFUL! Not same quality as Richmond Hotel"
BEWARE! Richmond Studios NOT the same quality as "sister property" Richmond Hotel on Collins. Room was in very poor condition - stained and chipped tile in bathroom, rusted worn edges on full length mirror, rusted shower curtain rod, peeling and scuffed bedroom furniture including broken dresser drawer, TV remote falling apart, old TV set (no flat screen), iron but no ironing board, safe not working and useless anyway as fixed to easily removable shelf in closet. Bedding appeared clean but had strange rancid smell. Kitchenette not very clean - old coffee drip on cabinet was there the entire time, old Keurig cartridge left inside the coffee maker. Front door is opaque glass so bright exterior light shines in at night with no way to make the room dark. Back door and all windows are the old "jalousie" slatted glass style, which are easy to open from the outside - not secure. I have stayed at many South Beach hotels over the years, including the Richmond, and this was the worst by far.
5 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Very 90210 esqe"
Maintenance crew was a little noisy but I think it was a neighboring hotel staff. Quiet, slept great, great drinks, food, and shopping very close by.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"price/quality ratio poor"
In general I have had good experience with Expedia but this was dissapointing. In the advertisement a room with one bed was costing 225 dollars. (including the discount). Trusting in Expedia i expected much more quality and service. This was not the case. No reception ( you had to walk about 10 minutes to Hotel Belmond in another street with your luggage) to check in. The facilities they offer are again ithe the Hotel Belmond where you have to walk 10 minutes to reach this area. Hotel Belmond did have facilities like a beach front, swimming pool and fittnes. I felt a bit like my old days as a backpacker and this for 200 dollars plus was not a good deal. The room rate should have been between 60-100 US$ max.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
pancho
Okay nothing to brag about rooms was very disappointing, and very surprise of the main hotel compare to the studios which we stayed in, did not know if their was a main hotel and a studios
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
A
"Not aS expected"
Didn't look like the picture Very old Very messy
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
ashley
"None"
Hotel was worse than a hostel 300 a night was robbery Never again Please next time check out the property before rating
5 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Apts are old and need updating."
Would not stay in apartments again. Location a bit off the beaten path
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Online pictures are very deceiving!"
This place is a dump. The only positive thing I can say is the location is great.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"This was a horrible, cheap looking hotel room 11!"
This room had no full length mirror, bathtub stopper not working, renovation not complete, no stove - taken out, no matching dishes, glasses, silverware for two people, light on the outside of room on at night shining in room - Room number 11 - refuse to rent it! Had to clean inside of drawers before putting my clothes in them!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Abisola
"Contract changed upon arrival"
Thought I reserved a studio with Keurig coffee maker, refreigerator, and microwave for $102. WRONG. After driving all day through rain and finding a note saying check-in office was in another location, I had to renegotiate room rate as an "upgrade" that actually was a room with no coffee maker, no refrigerator, no microwave, no wifi, and a non-operating television (screen was also lower than bed). Decor was retro sixties and quite nice. VERY clean. Got the usual single woman scare when someone with a masterkey card attempted to enter the room. I used double bolt lock and secured chair against door. Restless sleep. Glad to get home.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Single Female
"Not Impressed but GREAT Location"
Owned and operated by Richmond hotels located at another address 1757 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 Pros: This property is great for location. It is one block walking distance to Lincoln Road and many other great spots as well as the beach. it's warm and hot in Miami the AC was kicking cold. Cons. Check in is on another location. No Elevator. Bathroom sinck needs to be replaced. Wholes in walls. Bed is chip & broken. Dirty kitchen drawers with eaten suchi trays. Hotel name outside on building only says Richmo. Nothing Rich about this place. The rest does not light up. Only mirror is the bathroom medicine cabinet. It's stained/chipped old. Bathroom sick cracked, please don't fall.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
"Ok for a night"
The location was great, service was good, hotel needed a little of TLC, the walls had a little mold, looked like it had not been painted in years and the TV control did not even work. We were there for only one night, but did not impress me in a way that I would like to come back.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
Angel
"Terrible service, suites in different building."
We found out that the suites were in an entirely different building a block away. Not happy about that fact. They helped us with one of our bags. Wow. The paint was coming off the walls, the chairs for the table were broken & for whatever reason, all the electronics were unplugged. They did have a Keurig machine, BUT only one cup. So we called the front desk for another one. After repeated calls and hour later, we got one. Later that day, when were ready to shower and get ready, we discovered we only had one washcloth. We called the front desk for another washcloth. We waited about 20-30 minutes before we called the front desk again for the washcloth. After repeated calls, a delivery of the wrong towels, we got the washcloths two hours later. The next morning, we went to make coffee again and discovered they didn't replenish the coffee. So we had cups now, but no coffee. The morning we were to check out, the cleaning lady knocked on the door to ask when she could get in to clean the room. She then began to just wait outside our room for an hour until we left.
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2014
Rafael
"Great location and quiet accommodations!"
In the heart of south beach and yet the rooms are quiet. No noisy neighbors. Cute decor! Kitchenette and little table to eat at in room. Comfortable bed!! Wish I could have stayed more than one night. FYI ... Valet parking is 35 dollars a night. Public garages are 20 dollars a night just two blocks away so if you are on a budget you have options!
1 night trip May 31, 2014
MC
"Bday weekend"
My husband and I were expecting the worse because the experiences and comments from here, but it turn not that bad at all. We stayed at the studios exactly #3 (1st floor). They are a little difficult to find because they have a lot of trees that hide the name of the studios. The room was clean, the TV was a old one were the remote wasn't working well, but I didn't went to see TV anyways. The worst was the bathroom that is very very very old, I'd bathe with my flip flops. But over all is about location we walk everywhere because if you never been in Miami there's no parking nowhere, actually we park few streets in a multilot $20 by day, is better than the hotel $35 + tax + tip! So if you don't want to spend that much in a hotel this is your option. Save the money for eat you going to need it.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Alexa
"Convenient Budget Option in SoBe"
The Richmond Studios are close to everything - 10 min walk to Lincoln Road and close enough to the party that is Ocean Drive It's also in a decent neighborhood. As a woman traveling solo, I felt totally safe here. The room was clean for the most part, but I think because it's an older property, the floors were dirty. I made the mistake of walking around barefoot for a biit and my feet were black! Wear slippers if you stay here. FYI - the room has a half-sized fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker. Everything worked. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the service is not on top of it here. There were no towels by the pool in the mornings (at 10am) and as someone else mentioned, I had to ask for more coffee for the Keurig machine. The pool area was comfortable and I had no problem getting a lounger at any time of the day.There is beach access, but no beach service at this hotel. Overall, an Ok experience.
4 night trip May 10, 2014
Traveler
"Great Service / Misleading Ad"
The service was great but the ad was misleading. Parking is not included there's a $35 fee and there's a sister hotel location around the corner away from where the main hotel is located. The bathroom wasn't appealing, but I only stood one night, so I didn't make a big deal out of it. Other than that everything was fine. The friendly staff made the experience better.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
Manny
"My Stay"
It was lovely, it felt like I was at home. Room service was lovely it was clean smelled good and it was quiet... I loved my stay:)
3 night business trip May 2, 2014
Lavada
"Good Location"
Good location near everything, however the room was hot, the air conditioning was not good and we were unable to control it.
4 night romance trip Apr 28, 2014
"So Many Better Places To Stay in Miami Beach"
Pictures are deceiving as they are "show" pictures and not how it is when you arrive. No disclosure the suites are a block from the actual hotel. Wore sandals the entire time in the room as the floor seemed disgusting. Almost vomit using the water while brushing teeth from the bathroom faucet. Shower became scalding hot after 3 minutes of running. Furniture had stains in it. Kitchen table had broken chairs. Couldn't see TV from bed as it is lower than the bed and is only 19 inches. No trash container in entire unit. Was waiting for bugs to start crawling out as the place is just cheap and not clean. It was nice how large the room was and that it came with a fridge and microwave.
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Punkin
Location was great close to everything and to the beach. Customer service was great very helpful but the room needs work done. Overall stay was good.
6 night romance trip Apr 17, 2014
Crystal
"Never again."
I really wanted to like these unit converted accommodation, but there's issues that's shows that they were done on a budget. The safe was attached to some flimsy piece of shelf board in a wardrobe attached to dry wall. Easily ripped off, if you wanted to. No mirror anywhere, and no shelving in the bathroom for anything. The dirty light fitting in the kitchen hangs at so low that even a 5'4 foot person would hit their head on it. Kitchen is grubby and has no cutlery but has a fridge and coffee maker, but one cup and no bin. The wood floor is over 20 years old and needs a sand , the dirt is that ground in and is grubby to walk on. Old small CRT tube TV down low and the bed has no bed head, it's uncomfortable and the bed is also uncomfortable. Every morning you are awoken to a the sound of a leaf blower. Room doesn't seem that secure with weak back entry balcony security .Plus : free wifi, location, gym is a joke.
2 night trip Apr 9, 2014
Marc
"nice but needs guidance"
My wife & I stayed at the studios across the street from the hotel- very nice sized studio. My only issue was some of their staff could use a retraining program or just readjusting their attitude would have done the trick. I loved the studio but ultimately wouldn't return due to the staff.
3 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
"grat"
The room was great, comfortable bed and clean i will definitely stay again
2 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Could be better"
Overall an okay hotel.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Rihmond studio"
I was surprised my room turned out to be as big as an aprtment, with a huge bed, big closet, breakfast area, kitchen with a fridge, even a Kurig pod with several selections of coffee. It was clean, spa ious, and the location is unbeatable.
2 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
I was very displeased with the original room I booked. They sent me blocks away from beach to their suites. The room was very dirty and the bathrooms were so outdated and not cleaned properly. Their were stains on the furniture from previous guest. However, the staff was very nice and upgraded me to a room at the main hotel. Again the bathrooms can use some serious updating. Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you were really on a budget and you are just looking for the lowest rate. I guess you get what you pay for.
3 night trip Mar 21, 2014
avid traveler
"Stay Away"
Believe the reviews that say not to go. It was never cleaned during our stay nor were towels replaced except for the bath towels. Bed was made each day. We left an electric toothbrush in the bathroom, called the next day, noone had seen it. It covered nearly the entire glass bathroom shelf so it WAS very visible. The service desk number was busy no matter the time of day & night. We used our cell phone to call the hotel. Do NOT stay here. Furthermore, Hotels.com passed us from representative to representative when we complained so no assistance was given in any way.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Cheryl
"FEEDBACK"
The bathroom was not clean, the bathtub, floors and toilet wasn't clean at all. I found hair on my sheets and pillow. It was very disappointed to find a room under these conditions.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"Unpleasant room, but great staff and pool/ beach."
Very noisy during the night and early morning. We stayed on the first floor and heard all footsteps above us because there's no carpeting. In the morning, workmen started at 8 am pounding, drilling etc. The windows let in all natural light and light fixtures. There are no curtains to block out the light. Mattress is VERY old. I was fearful of bedbugs. Not a romantic room at all. Bathroom is gross.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"Bad experience"
Stay was not what I expected. THE STAFF WAS NICE..............................................
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
was my birthday
"great spot on South Beach, a few glitches"
Rooms were big and comfortable, kitchenette is a plus. Glitches: the internet was not working part of the time, the room phone did not work, it took forever to find a rollaway cot when my friend came. But I would go back.
2 night trip with friends Feb 24, 2014